PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: 500 LOCAL SCHOOLCHILDREN INVITED

RSS Bot
11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4794)

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Just Say No, Kiddies!

:duck:

:wink:

matty_f
11-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Fantastic initiative and great to see that Hibs aren't being shy in announcing it. :top marks

SteveHFC
11-09-2014, 03:22 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4794)

They are gonna be scared for life now! :greengrin

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 03:39 PM
They are gonna be scared for life now! :greengrin

:agree:

AND scarred :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
My boy goes to Abbeyhill wonder what age group they distributed them to...?

Twiglet
11-09-2014, 04:42 PM
My boy goes to Abbeyhill wonder what age group they distributed them to...?

They've gone to about 20 schools in the local area this time. It's up to each school to decide how to distribute them.

Scottie
11-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Well done the club

Hopefully this can be implimented so it can become a regular occurance.

Anything that encourages kids and youth's to come to ER should be applauded :aok:

Jack
11-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Well done the club

Hopefully this can be implimented so it can become a regular occurance.

Anything that encourages kids and youth's to come to ER should be applauded :aok:

All cat B games.

kaimendhibs
11-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Great initiative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Not wishing to throw a needless negative in the works but... .

If the club are going to give away free tickets what was the reason for me paying £150 for 2 kicks for kids tickets? Isn't that what these tickets were for?

As I say not meant as a needless negative, more a genuine query.

emerald green
11-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Well done Hibs. :top marks This is something that should have been getting done a long time ago.

Here's hoping Hibs can give these kids, and everyone else, a good win.

hibbymick
11-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Not wishing to throw a needless negative in the works but... .

If the club are going to give away free tickets what was the reason for me paying £150 for 2 kicks for kids tickets? Isn't that what these tickets were for? Also do kids at a schoold charging upwards of £4K a year really need a free ticket for the football?

As I say not meant as a needless negative, more a genuine query.

What school charges 4k + ?

mca
11-09-2014, 06:11 PM
The BESTEST Ever thing I can remember from Easter Rd as a Kid = Was the Atmosphere in the Stadium...

Give these Kids a Hymn Sheet for the game or Get the Schools Music Dept - To teach them the ALLEZ Allez Oh.. :wink:

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 06:22 PM

None. I'm talking pish. Wrong Loretto.

I think my other point stands. I always try to find a way to give Hibs a bit more cash each year and Kicks for Kids has been my choice the last few years because it benefits kids who otherwise wouldn't get to a game.

If the club start a policy of giving schools free tickets then I'll probably look at player spinsorship or something in future as an alternative.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2014, 06:33 PM

I think my other point stands. I always try to find a way to give Hibs a bit more cash each year and Kicks for Kids has been my choice the last few years because it benefits lids who otherwise wouldn't get to a game.

If the club start a policy of giving schools free tickets then I'll probably look at player spinsorship or something in future as an alternative.

If the club were ever going to give away this volume of tickets to our future as a one off - a worthy celebration of a great man - perhaps we can give them a bit of slack. How else would you propose we celebrate?

And do you were talking ?!)) about Lorettos (I did a double-take too). ;)

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 06:38 PM
If the club were ever going to give away this volume of tickets to our future as a one off - a worthy celebration of a great man - perhaps we can give them a bit of slack. How else would you propose we celebrate?

And do you were talking ?!)) about Lorettos (I did a double-take too). ;)

It's not the 1st time this season though. Just the 1st time it's been reported on the official site. I've no issue with the free ticket for ST holders as a one off gesture for Pat Stantons birthday.

I'm really not meaning to be a grumpy barsteward. Encouraging kids to the game really is a good thing. It just seems to me this is going to make Kicks for Kids, Leith Links etc a much harder sell next season if it becomes a regular thing.

Twiglet
11-09-2014, 06:53 PM
It's not the 1st time this season though. Just the 1st time it's been reported on the official site. I've no issue with the free ticket for ST holders as a one off gesture for Pat Stantons birthday.

I'm really not meaning to be a grumpy barsteward. Encouraging kids to the game really is a good thing. It just seems to me this is going to make Kicks for Kids, Leith Links etc a much harder sell next season if it becomes a regular thing.

The schools are only getting a ticket for this game. It will be different ones next time. In Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian there's something like 220 (or it might be 320) schools. Chances are if each take their allocation each school will only get tickets 2 or 3 times a season and it could be different children each time. With KFK they get tickets for an entire season and a child could get to go multiple times. The ones that get them through school may also be from families with more expendable income so may be able to come back with a parent later. It's a different demographic potentially. I do get where you're coming from though.

Bronson
11-09-2014, 06:57 PM

I think my other point stands. I always try to find a way to give Hibs a bit more cash each year and Kicks for Kids has been my choice the last few years because it benefits lids who otherwise wouldn't get to a game.

The kicks for kids is a great initiative, your money will go to much better use that way than player sponsorship, you're helping build the next generation of fans because they're going every week rather than just a one-off.

However, I get where you're coming from. £150 is a lovely gesture by the way, good on you:aok:

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
The schools are only getting a ticket for this game. It will be different ones next time. In Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian there's something like 220 (or it might be 320) schools. Chances are if each take their allocation each school will only get tickets 2 or 3 times a season and it could be different children each time. With KFK they get tickets for an entire season and a child could get to go multiple times. The ones that get them through school may also be from families with more expendable income so may be able to come back with a parent later. It's a different demographic potentially. I do get where you're coming from though.

I do understand what you are saying.

This really isn't meant as a 'look at me I give money to Hibs' or an 'I've been done out of money' post(s).

I absolutely understand the need for encouraging new fans through the gate (I believe our child STs in the FF stand are excellent value). My point is a more general one that some may be put off purchasing a Kicks for kids ticket in future if they only read the article in passing, as I admit I did.

Anyway I'm out. I really don't want to put a dampner on a thread with potential to be positive by being seen to be Mr Negative. My point is maybe one for LD and the other minds behind it to consider though when marketing/reporting this in future.

H18Y GW
11-09-2014, 07:38 PM
They've gone to about 20 schools in the local area this time. It's up to each school to decide how to distribute them.

My laddie goes to Murrayburn,and has a chance of them,not all local it seems.

wookie70
11-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Start them of with the soft stuff at home to Cowdenbeath and before they know it they will be crying into their pillows after cup final defeats. Just say no kids it is addictive and does get into your blood.

Eyrie
11-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Start them of with the soft stuff at home to Cowdenbeath and before they know it they will be crying into their pillows after cup final defeats. Just say no kids it is addictive and does get into your blood.

Would you have it any other way? I wouldn't, despite all the pain Hibs have caused me.

PatHead
12-09-2014, 12:01 PM
My laddie goes to Murrayburn,and has a chance of them,not all local it seems.

Murrayburn is in Edinburgh, all Edinburgh schools will have been offered tickets by mid December. This actually complements Leith Links and the excellent work done by Suzy. She targets disadvantaged fans who cannot normally go to games.

The school set the criteria for issuing tickets with these. Probably used as detention.

PatHead
12-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Should add that schools will be offered tours, education packs for the likes of healthy eating and player visits over the year.

Brightside
12-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Tickets are handed out to schools for all the games. Just not 5000......

G-Reg
12-09-2014, 05:34 PM
I've been asked to find a home for 5 tickets that did not get collected as part of this gesture by the club. It would be ideal for two adults with three kids. All of them are for the same row in the east stand

superfurryhibby
12-09-2014, 06:26 PM

Every fee paying school in the city?

Good gesture by the club. We need ensure we catch the nect generation of fans. Anything tbat helps is surely worth trying.