PDA

View Full Version : The Two Fans Becoming Directors On The Board

Dashing Bob S
11-09-2014, 02:12 PM
The only advice I'd give - FFS don't EVER look at this forum!

DC_Hibs
11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Agreed.

I'd go for Dougray Scott and some loon wi CCS pedigree.

GreenLake
11-09-2014, 02:41 PM
The only advice I'd give - FFS don't EVER look at this forum!

Hopefully they will be based in London as STF will shirley be moving Hibs head office down there after the yes vote. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
11-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Agreed.

I'd go for Dougray Scott and some loon wi CCS pedigree.

I'd go for irvine welsh and andy murray, the cost of there expenses flying them into every board meeting would have this place in meltdown

GreenLake
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM
I would go for Mikey and Andy Murray's mum.

CockneyRebel
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM
I'd go for irvine welsh and andy murray, the cost of there expenses flying them into every board meeting would have this place in meltdown

Fan reps need to be local in order to attend meetings whenever they are called. They don't necessarily need to be business types as they should be giving supporter input not business advice.

bighairyfaeleith
11-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Fan reps need to be local in order to attend meetings whenever they are called. They don't necessarily need to be business types as they should be giving supporter input not business advice.

cheers for that

Tom Hart RIP
11-09-2014, 03:04 PM
The chairman on Monday reminded everyone that fans on the board would be bound by confidentiality and would not be able to let everyone know the details of what takes place if they are instructed not to.

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
The chairman on Monday reminded everyone that fans on the board would be bound by confidentiality and would not be able to let everyone know the details of what takes place if they are instructed not to.

Mums the word.

Put my name down.. :greengrin

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I think I'd make a good Director, as I have never played Professional Football and have no experience running a Club.

Anyone care to nominate me?

Lucius Apuleius
11-09-2014, 03:14 PM
I would be good. I am pretty damn good at keeping secrets.

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I would be good. I am pretty damn good at keeping secrets.

Oh great, the Goat Slayers are here, now I've got no chance!

:rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Oh great, the Goat Slayers are here, now I've got no chance!

:rolleyes:

Goats!!!! Virgins! (although I have to admit they are pretty hard to find in Denny these days!)

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Goats!!!! Virgins! (although I have to admit they are pretty hard to find in Denny these days!)

Virgins in Denny?

:faf:

matty_f
11-09-2014, 03:41 PM
How are the fans being selected?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2014, 03:43 PM

Frog-marched in
lynch-mobbed out thems the rules ;)

Lucius Apuleius
11-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Virgins in Denny?

To be fair, there used to be. :greengrin

joe breezy
11-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Hopefully they will be based in London as STF will shirley be moving Hibs head office down there after the yes vote. :greengrin

I hope so, I'm fed up of West Ham being my local team

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 03:56 PM
I Just hope whoever it is they are given proper roles and responsibilities and it isn't just a box ticking exercise to say 'look fans on the board, we're listening'.

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Anyone know how the fans who were picked for the Motherwell board got on in there time being board members.

3pm
11-09-2014, 04:27 PM
I hate Hertz. Get my name down.

CyberSauzee
11-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I hope so, I'm fed up of West Ham being my local team

You should get yourself over the reservoir to Enfield Town.

jacomo
11-09-2014, 04:47 PM

How about the mighty O's? :grr:

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 05:04 PM
To be fair, there used to be. :greengrin

You dog!

:greengrin

lucky
11-09-2014, 05:43 PM
They should ballot ST holders to elect them. To stand get 100 ST holders to nominate them. Also a thick skin will be needed as we are a fairly fickle bunch

BroxburnHibee
11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Surely Mike Reilly is a stick on :devil:

Beefster
11-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Presumably the fans will have to be voted on by ST holders?

Anything else is pretty pointless and just leaves the process open to accusations of not having a proper mandate.

Jonnyboy
11-09-2014, 06:11 PM

LD has stated that the fan reps would be working members of the board, in that they would be expected to bring expertise that would enhance the board's make up

If you mean the meeting last Monday, it was the CEO that made that statement (LD) and not the Chairman (RP) :wink:

LD expressed a desire to consult with the fans through all possible outlets, such as ST holders, website users etc

Anyone know how the fans who were picked for the Motherwell board got on in there time being board members.

They came in via the Well Society, though I confess I'm not sure what that is, other than maybe a supporters club type set up. I understand they contributed very positively in their roles (per LD)

ALF TUPPER
11-09-2014, 06:17 PM
I am envolking the "nothing is off the table constitution rule " :rules: by nomination me.

:greengrin

John_the_angus_hibby
11-09-2014, 06:41 PM
LD has stated that the fan reps would be working members of the board, in that they would be expected to bring expertise that would enhance the board's make up

If you mean the meeting last Monday, it was the CEO that made that statement (LD) and not the Chairman (RP) :wink:

LD expressed a desire to consult with the fans through all possible outlets, such as ST holders, website users etc

They came in via the Well Society, though I confess I'm not sure what that is, other than maybe a supporters club type set up. I understand they contributed very positively in their roles (per LD)

Been executive company directors of two Companies; business development oriented roles. So can that count me in then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Been executive company directors of two Companies; business development oriented roles. So can that count me in then?

Don't see any reason why not! Once the process begins you should put your name forward :agree:

FranckSuzy
11-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I have a five year plan (which is top secret) so I'm in :agree: :wink:

southsider
11-09-2014, 07:18 PM
How about the 2 lotto winners ? Leigh in by new year !

Jim Herriot
11-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Virgins in Denny?

Virgin goats in Denny?

Phil MaGlass
11-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Pat Stanton and another

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2014, 08:06 PM
That you SM?

CockneyRebel
11-09-2014, 08:07 PM
]Fan reps need to be local in order to attend meetings whenever they are called. They don't necessarily need to be business types as they should be giving supporter input not business advice.[/B]

The posts on this topic since I made the comments above appear to miss the point I was trying to make. All the supporters I know want the the 2 fans reps to be someone they can all relate to, to get across what the majority of supporters think/want/hope for. We don't really need anyone else on board to join in with the day to day running of the club or the policy making, that would just mean more people doing the same thing. The 2 reps need to convey the supporters hopes and dreams to influence the board in shaping policy and the way ahead. I believe we have enough financial and business acumen aboard already, what we need is grass roots input from the lifeblood of the club to ensure that the board are aware of our wishes and that we have confirmation that these wishes have been passed on and they can't plead ignorance. If we are heard and know we have been heard then they will find it difficult to keep on delivering the 'same ole same ole'. I don't mean to imply that supporters with business/financial know how are not as grass roots or as passionate as people without this know how, I just feel we need 2 reps that come across as representative of the average punter. Not sure how to shape a selection process but personally I would go along with Supporters clubs leaders/spokespersons representing us, at least they are accountable to the membership.
:hibees

CyberSauzee
11-09-2014, 08:35 PM
That you SM?

It might be :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
11-09-2014, 08:40 PM
I am cynical regarding two fans on the Board. The two fans have to adhere to director regulations, and can't come out and tell the support what is going on in the Boardroom. Looks like a box ticking exercise in my opinion.....

I have been telling Hibs what we want at every AGM for years, which is a successful football team....Unfortunately I only received lip service in return, what would make it different for the new "board" reps?

Baldy
11-09-2014, 10:25 PM
I am cynical regarding two fans on the Board. The two fans have to adhere to director regulations, and can't come out and tell the support what is going on in the Boardroom. Looks like a box ticking exercise in my opinion.....

I have been telling Hibs what we want at every AGM for years, which is a successful football team....Unfortunately I only received lip service in return, what would make it different for the new "board" reps?

judging by RP's love of you & I, I'm thinking we have no chance of being on the board anyway :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
11-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Virgin goats in Denny?

Certainly a lot of old goats! Virginal or not, I cannotcomment.

GORDONSMITH7
12-09-2014, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhlZfWGyQk

BIG G

RIP
12-09-2014, 05:36 AM
Some questions that I'm pondering over:-

1. We have six Hibs supporters plus de facto member David Forsyth on the current board. They are as culpable as the chairman of running the club badly and taking us into the championship. Two, Garry O'Hagan and Jamie Marwick, are full time executives in the management team. Do we think that they have been identified as one of the problem areas for Leeann to sort out?

2. What do we think these two additional directors going to achieve that Bruce Langham, Brian Houston, Colin McNeil and Amanda Jones couldn't? Or are two of the above going to step aside to make way for the 2 new ones?

3. Or are one of the non-execs going to step up to chairman?

Now that would be some news - wouldn't it?

marinello59
12-09-2014, 06:35 AM

I think it's a bit like politics. If you want to be one of the fan members on the board then you should automatically be deemed unsuitable. :greengrin

John_the_angus_hibby
12-09-2014, 06:36 AM
And you are probably right!!! :) I mean what do I know, I was excited at Butcher joining! Disqualify immediately!

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2014, 07:28 AM
judging by RP's love of you & I, I'm thinking we have no chance of being on the board anyway :greengrin

Aye, there is that right enough:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Some questions that I'm pondering over:-

1. We have six Hibs supporters plus de facto member David Forsyth on the current board. They are as culpable as the chairman of running the club badly and taking us into the championship. Two, Garry O'Hagan and Jamie Marwick, are full time executives in the management team. Do we think that they have been identified as one of the problem areas for Leeann to sort out?

2. What do we think these two additional directors going to achieve that Bruce Langham, Brian Houston, Colin McNeil and Amanda Jones couldn't? Or are two of the above going to step aside to make way for the 2 new ones?

3. Or are one of the non-execs going to step up to chairman?

Now that would be some news - wouldn't it?

Agree, the non-execs are equally culpable. What value do they bring to the table? Bruce was asked last week, if he had thought about his position, given the shambolic last 5 years, and he said he had given if thought, and decided to stay on......Strange, almost as if its a cushy wee number

Eyrie
12-09-2014, 08:05 AM
I think it's a bit like politics. If you want to be one of the fan members on the board then you should automatically be deemed unsuitable. :greengrin

In which case I would like to state that I will not accept if nominated, and will not serve if elected.

:wink:

Keith_M
12-09-2014, 08:10 AM
In which case I would like to state that I will not accept if nominated, and will not serve if elected.

I hereby second Eyrie's un-nomination.

Bad Martini
12-09-2014, 12:03 PM
In short:

1) We dont trust anyone on the board right now
2) Anyone who joins the board will become "of them", being fully assimilated and bound by "confidentiality" agreements
3) Resistance is futile...
4) We have encountered, the bo(rg)ard :greengrin

OK. How about they stop pissing about with fans joining the board for the following ten reasons (10 is apparently a number required to make something factually correct and with more credence):

1) As soon as they join, someone will moan they didnt vote them on
2) After they have joined, soemone will say they were a plant
3) When they are on the board, they will forget why they are there (because they could well be point 1 or 2 above)
4) Even if they are on the board, they can't tell us anything
5) They apparently need to bring something to the board (which I assume means we dont wee radge (insert name of said radge :greengrin) fae (insert area of dubiousness :greengrin) on the board
6) Thus the whole "point" of this is somewhat questionnable as we are in essence vetting this "average fan" before we get beyond even nominating
7) Point six wasn't really a point and neither is this one :greengrin
8) This is though - why dont we just ask anyone and everyone who wants to do it to apply for a number
9) Then put all the numbers in a random number generator within the specified range
10) Then pull two out and if they accept, let them go forth and join the bad guys/policy/decision makers

...even though, if we did follow steps 8 to 10, someone would still claim points 1-2 and then 3-7 thus, as I said 19 lines ago, why bother :greengrin

*** RADGE IDEA ***

Why not just go forward, tell us your plans, dont sell our players and replace them with training grounds and empty stands and be honest in what you do. Then, we wont need fans on the board. We know what we want; we want Hibs to win. Do all you can to make that happen Mr and Mrs Board and we'll all live happily ever after?!? :aok:

ENDOF? :greengrin

Keith_M
12-09-2014, 12:25 PM
I would like to complain to the Admins that Bad Martini's post just made my head spin.

Please appoint him to the Board, so I can organise a protest against him outside the Main stand and have him removed. Thanks.

Bad Martini
12-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I'll join you. I do like a good protest... I've been known to have a word with myself before. And loose :greengrin

RIP
12-09-2014, 12:40 PM
During the consultation evenings did anyone hear lots of supporters calling for new Hibs supporters to join the board?

Or was the purpose of these sessions so management could implement their planned changes having duly 'consulted the fans'?

Leeann's press release makes it look like supporters are demanding new supporter voices on the board. Did we really come up with the suggestion - or did Rod and Leeann devise this proposal as a means of keeping Rod on as Chairman?

Not sure what to read into this

southsider
12-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Just make seats on the board available to the highest bidder. Lets start the bidding at a cool £2 mil.

sahib
12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
During the consultation evenings did anyone hear lots of supporters calling for new Hibs supporters to join the board?

Or was the purpose of these sessions so management could implement their planned changes having duly 'consulted the fans'?

Leeann's press release makes it look like supporters are demanding new supporter voices on the board. Did we really come up with the suggestion - or did Rod and Leeann devise this proposal as a means of keeping Rod on as Chairman?

Not sure what to read into this

This sounds like a lot of tosh. How can anyone claim to represent a group without some form of election?
I would have hoped all directors were Hibs supporters.

CyberSauzee
13-09-2014, 12:28 AM

You are correct in your cynicism. Although boardroom minutes and discussions are never confidential under law (could be wrong here, I'm not a lawyer), it is often difficult to discuss everything in the open that is said.

Specifically about football, this can, as an example, be because the forthcoming budget/cash flow projections are being discussed, and revealing details will alert rivals as to what you can pay. Players wages and contracts will only be known to a very few people, they will not be discussed.

The reason for 'ordinary fans' on the board is a mystery to me. It doesn't help the 'business' as they have nothing to offer, and it doesn't help the fans, as they can't reveal anything confidential. As a supporter on the board you will soon be politiking to: "I want to tell you, trust me, it will be ok, but I can't." PM if you want more details on this.

Openness as much as possible is the only way that clubs today can keep everyone involved. Liverpool at SoccerEx this week demonstrated what they're up to, good summary here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29145136

Caversham Green
13-09-2014, 08:27 AM
I think a distinction needs to be made between fans' representation and 'just' fans. All the noises coming from the club suggest that it's the former that is being considered - that is, that the people elected to the board would speak and vote on behalf of the fans as a body rather than making decisions based solely on their own opinions. On that basis it's likely that there would already have been a (probably unsuccessful) move to remove Rod Petrie from the board, but the disaster that was Terry Butcher would not have been avoided. Indeed even a board member who was against Butcher from the outset would have been expected to vote in his favour given the overwhelming majority of fans wanted him to be appointed.

The difficulty comes in electing the representatives - the disparity of views amongst fans is very clear on this forum - and one or two individuals will never be able to please everyone. I fear we would end up with a couple of Blazers sitting with the Suits when IMO two of the most appropriate candidates have said on this thread that they would have no chance of being appointed.

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2014, 08:44 AM
[/B]

The posts on this topic since I made the comments above appear to miss the point I was trying to make. All the supporters I know want the the 2 fans reps to be someone they can all relate to, to get across what the majority of supporters think/want/hope for. We don't really need anyone else on board to join in with the day to day running of the club or the policy making, that would just mean more people doing the same thing. The 2 reps need to convey the supporters hopes and dreams to influence the board in shaping policy and the way ahead. I believe we have enough financial and business acumen aboard already, what we need is grass roots input from the lifeblood of the club to ensure that the board are aware of our wishes and that we have confirmation that these wishes have been passed on and they can't plead ignorance. If we are heard and know we have been heard then they will find it difficult to keep on delivering the 'same ole same ole'. I don't mean to imply that supporters with business/financial know how are not as grass roots or as passionate as people without this know how, I just feel we need 2 reps that come across as representative of the average punter. Not sure how to shape a selection process but personally I would go along with Supporters clubs leaders/spokespersons representing us, at least they are accountable to the membership.
:hibees

Who is the "average punter", and who will speak for people that aren't happy to be patronised by such a title? I think you have someone in mind already. ;)