PDA

View Full Version : Hearts sign defensive midfielder

The_Horde
11-09-2014, 10:32 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-sign-spanish-midfielder-miguel-pallardo-1-3538184

Queue this place going bonkers.

Paloschi
11-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Surprised they signed a player of that quality, then again I was also surprised when we signed Malonga and Allan.

Seems they are still spending more than their rivals.

Iain G
11-09-2014, 10:37 AM
;4163871']http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-sign-spanish-midfielder-miguel-pallardo-1-3538184

Queue this place going bonkers.

Why should it go bonkers?

lapsedhibee
11-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Why should it go bonkers?

Maybe not bonkers, but perhaps very annoyed at having to queue. Some of us have paid our tenners, disgrace, etc.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Is it just me or are Hearts the ones going for this "quality over quantity"?

Michael
11-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Can someone fix the link for mobile?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Can someone fix the link for mobile?

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-sign-spanish-midfielder-miguel-pallardo-1-3538184

Hibbyradge
11-09-2014, 10:48 AM

Aren't we?

The Hibee Harp
11-09-2014, 10:49 AM

It's just you.

scott7_0(Prague)
11-09-2014, 10:52 AM
I think the quote below says it all

He was recently on trial with French Ligue 2 side Sochaux, but failed to win a deal.

Move along, nothing to see here!

Gordy M
11-09-2014, 10:54 AM
This place will only go bonkers when we have the usual folk telling us how great hearts are!! :rolleyes: Who gives a toss about them. Lets just get behind AS and the team.

Steve20
11-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Aren't we?

We won't know until we are a few months into the season.

The thing Hearts have done that we haven't is identify positions that needed improved and then bring in players for that position. We haven't done that with positions such as left back and defensive midfield.

The Hibee Harp
11-09-2014, 10:56 AM
This place will only go bonkers when we have the usual folk telling us how great hearts are!! :rolleyes: Who gives a toss about them. Lets just get behind AS and the team.

:agree:

GlasgowHibee
11-09-2014, 11:01 AM
I think the quote below says it all

Move along, nothing to see here!

harsh imo as the standard and quality of Ligue 2 is probably much greater than the Scottish Championship.

WeeRussell
11-09-2014, 11:02 AM

The thing Hearts have done that we haven't is identify positions that needed improved and then bring in players for that position. We haven't done that with positions such as left back and defensive midfield.

Hearts were lacking a defensive midfielder?

Bad Martini
11-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I dont care if they sign every available player from every league of note across the world.

They are still mutants.

ENDOF :aok:

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Hearts were lacking a defensive midfielder?

What I think they're doing is making sure they're well covered in every position, something I feel we haven't.

You don't just need a strong first eleven, you need good replacements for when one of them is injured or suspended. That can often be the difference between success of failure over a season.

greenpaper55
11-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Failed to win a deal in the French Div 2-class !.

Albanian Hibs
11-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Never heard of him.

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 11:18 AM

True, but it's probably a higher level than the Scottish Premier.

Kaiser1962
11-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Aren't we?

I think we are trying to.

Had we signed this guy Hearts have signed I imagine this thread would have been about panic buys and scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's Hearts so it's "quality over quantity".

stantonhibby
11-09-2014, 11:32 AM

Had we signed this guy Hearts have signed I imagine this thread would have been about panic buys and scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's Hearts so it's "quality over quantity".

Indeed

I've long found it strange that a lot of posters on here seem to give Hearts the benefit of the doubt on various things but at the same time are relentlessly negative about anything and everything Hibs do.

Stevie Reid
11-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Was Boozy not released by a Ligue 2 team? This boy has a decent pedigree, and looks good on paper, so we'll see what happens. I'd have been happy had we signed him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Was Boozy not released by a Ligue 2 team? This boy has a decent pedigree, and looks good on paper, so we'll see what happens. I'd have been happy had we signed him.

Same. He'll be a poor mans Jorge Claros though. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I dont care if they sign every available player from every league of note across the world.

They are still mutants.

This man gets it :agree:

Thecat23
11-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Hearts are signing guys to cover positions and by the look of their squad and where they are sitting they are doing it right. I've back The Rangers to win the league but strongly fancy Hearts to run away with it.

We are still a fair bit away from them IMO.

jacomo
11-09-2014, 11:49 AM

Yes, we seem allergic to defensive midfielders so I can't imagine we were competing with Hearts for this player.

No self-respecting Frenchman would choose Hearts over Hibs anyhow, given the choice. Their aesthetic sensibilities would surely be repelled by the maroon.

Billychaotic182
11-09-2014, 11:49 AM
It's sad reading people put down a player just because he is a hearts player. Just because we are hibs fans doesn't mean we have to look at everything through green tinted glasses.

Saying that I hope he turns out to be rubbish

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Yet another player on their books?

Is anyone watching this cheating institution at SPFL level?

They cheated before signing players way out of the payment league and seem to be at it again.

Email to the authorities on the cards I think, have they paid former players what they are owed yet?

Disgusting club and fans.

3pm
11-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Hearts are signing guys to cover positions and by the look of their squad and where they are sitting they are doing it right. I've back The Rangers to win the league but strongly fancy Hearts to run away with it.

We are still a fair bit away from them IMO.

I thought you had backed the filth?!

Thecat23
11-09-2014, 12:00 PM
I thought you had backed the filth?!

That's my other bet mate.

Edit.. My accu has The Rangers, Celtic, Man city, Cardiff and can't mind the others now. £10 gets £11k :D

allezsauzee
11-09-2014, 12:00 PM
The boy might be decent but maybe he won't. I don't think we should be looking at Hearts as an example of how to run a club. Lets just get behind Alan Stubbs and the rest of the management team and hope that they have a LONG TERM plan for this club. I'd rather put up with them finishing above us this season if we were doing everything right to get us challenging at the top of the SPL consistently than splurge money on short term signings just to win the championship this season.

Scottie
11-09-2014, 12:05 PM

They are still mutants.

Spot on. :aok:

ColintonHibs
11-09-2014, 12:20 PM

Aye until our next derby game where we will get embarrassed as usual

GreenLake
11-09-2014, 12:26 PM

They preferred Zoubir as a defensive midfielder.:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2014, 12:26 PM

They cheated before signing players way out of the payment league and seem to be at it again.

Email to the authorities on the cards I think, have they paid former players what they are owed yet?

What's wrong with them buying players? They can't spend what they don't have.

Their crowds are way up on what was expected so why shouldn't they bring in more players?

Need to move with the times, they cheated and got away with it however they appear to be doing things correctly now.

scoopyboy
11-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Previously this may have got to me, not now though as I'm more worried what we do.

Last season I think I spent more time looking out for Hearts scores and league position rather than watch and worry about Hibs.

For example I was delighted at Crimbo when Killie and PT won at Tynecastle, hindsight tells me I should have maybe wanted Hearts to win.

Hibiza
11-09-2014, 01:03 PM
who gives a .........

CRAZYHIBBY
11-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Yet again hearts make an effort to get back to the premiership at the first attempt whilst hibs seem happy to stick it out in the championship another season

Craig_HFC
11-09-2014, 01:37 PM
This place should be renamed hearts.net

FFS who gives a flying one who they sign

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Sounding like a yam love in on here..

**** them!!!

****ing cheats!!!

Turkish Green
11-09-2014, 01:47 PM

You really need to get over it. That was then, this is now. They are doing nothing wrong in signing players on one year deals in an attempt to get promoted at the first go.

Maybe you should be directing your ire at why Hibs are not putting the same effort in to winning promotion.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-09-2014, 02:06 PM
You really need to get over it. That was then, this is now. They are doing nothing wrong in signing players on one year deals in an attempt to get promoted at the first go.

Maybe you should be directing your ire at why Hibs are not putting the same effort in to winning promotion.

Read my post above!

Do you seriously think we would have gotten away with what they did?, £35 million quid debt written out with a funny handshake in court and a smug yam politician's phone call.

Obscene then and obscene now, never let them forget it that they are cheating ****bags.

lord bunberry
11-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Do you think he's quality? Maybe he is but I've never heard of him

Franck Stanton
11-09-2014, 02:14 PM

Is it not just the case that at the start of his season hearts had fewer problem positions to fill than we did. Stubbs identified we need a r/b - signed Grey, same for goalkeeper, c/h, c/m, wingers, c/f so how can you say we haven't identified problem areas and then taken steps to rectify the situation as clearly we have, we just had a bigger job to do that's all.

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Read my post above!

Do you seriously think we would have gotten away with what they did?, £35 million quid debt written out with a funny handshake in court and a smug yam politician's phone call.

Obscene then and obscene now, never let them forget it that they are cheating ****bags.

Of course we would have, it's called administration. The yams were no different to Dundee (twice), Motherwell and Livingston. Only the Huns suffered worse. Need to move on.

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Previously this may have got to me, not now though as I'm more worried what we do.

Last season I think I spent more time looking out for Hearts scores and league position rather than watch and worry about Hibs.

For example I was delighted at Crimbo when Killie and PT won at Tynecastle, hindsight tells me I should have maybe wanted Hearts to win.

That's exactly how I felt. Hindsight tells me I should have been worrying about my team..

ekhibee
11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
That French guy we had on loan last season, wasn't he with a French League 2 team? Ystres or something like that? He was awright, nothing more than that.

brog
11-09-2014, 04:01 PM

Yep, & also on a deal until end of season. Cue the complaints re short term thinking etc. FWIW this guy may be decent but I wouldn't have thought that was an area Yams were short in. Reinforces thoughts that Harry Potter is de facto manager though.

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Do you think he's quality? Maybe he is but I've never heard of him

To be fair i had never heard of Malonga. :greengrin

keep the faith
11-09-2014, 04:09 PM

I agree. I cant understand why this is even a thread on hibs net.

adhibs
11-09-2014, 04:16 PM
True, but it's probably a higher level than the Scottish Premier.

I watched a couple games through bet365 last season and the quality was brutal. Ive never watched anywhere near enough to say if the whole leagues like that but im not too woried this guy will be any good

emerald green
11-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I don't give a toss who they sign to be honest. Who is he? Never heard of him. Who cares?

Yes, the mutants (good word) got away with murder, and I believe many Hibs fans have a sense of injustice about where the two clubs are right now.

However, Hibs as a club now have to look to make sure our squad is capable of getting promotion, and Hibs fans should stop caring about this horrible club from Gorgie, apart from when we play them. Then get right into them, and win.

allezsauzee
11-09-2014, 08:42 PM
That French guy we had on loan last season, wasn't he with a French League 2 team? Ystres or something like that? He was awright, nothing more than that.

I'll be delighted if the yams have signed a dud like him! he was dung

The Green Goblin
11-09-2014, 09:33 PM

So, lots of posts on the thread, but has this place actually gone "bonkers" about it? No.

Gordy M
11-09-2014, 09:46 PM
So, lots of posts on the thread, but has this place actually gone "bonkers" about it? No.
So it hasnt gone bonkers......good, there was no need for it to, who cares who hearts sign. That was my point.

The Green Goblin
11-09-2014, 10:18 PM
So it hasnt gone bonkers......good, there was no need for it to, who cares who hearts sign. That was my point.

I agree it IS a good thing that nobody is really bothered. You were right in expecting it to, I think, because it has gone bonkers over much less, but I think it`s also a good sign that it didn`t. I wasn`t having a go at you btw, things have been so dire and it just seems that we are always expecting the worst in every scenario where Hibs are concerned.

Crazyhorse
11-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Indeed

I've long found it strange that a lot of posters on here seem to give Hearts the benefit of the doubt on various things but at the same time are relentlessly negative about anything and everything Hibs do.

Perhaps because they are performing very well while we are struggling?

Liberal Hibby
11-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Yet again hearts make an effort to get back to the premiership at the first attempt whilst hibs seem happy to stick it out in the championship another season

Remind me how many times Hearts have actually managed to top the second tier when it counts in May rather than September?

Deansy
12-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Who cares who they've signed - we've got great infrastructure ...............

BSEJVT
12-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Who cares who they've signed - we've got great infrastructure ...............

Who cares who they have signed when they already have 2 guys earmarked for that role who are doing okay, playing him means dropping one of them.

Its not going to make them any stronger

Its not as if they have signed Messi FFS

Far too many folk on here wet their pants when another team sign some no mark and use it as an excuse to criticise the club and think they are part of the joke by mentioning helipads or infrastructure.

Like the bloody referendum its way beyond tiresome

We are where we are and its time to deal with it.

Keith_M
12-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Sounding like a yam love in on here..

**** them!!!

****ing cheats!!!

Exaggerating just a tad, perhaps?

:hmmm:

boab1875
12-09-2014, 09:34 AM

This. How an earth can they be signing and affording players of this quality?they are just out of admin ffs. think we need to start pressurising the authorities into taking action again as the relentless cheating that we see at this filthy club looks set to continue. it really is sickening watching this happen when we play by the rules and sign players we can afford, only to lose games to lesser opposition because of it. the only reason they are top is because they have cheated and because they are spending huge wages to attract these players. I don't know why we don't just cheat and bring in decent players given there appears to be no consequences for doing so. They are a disgraceful club with absolutely no remorse in what they have done.

HappyAsHellas
12-09-2014, 09:58 AM
This. How an earth can they be signing and affording players of this quality?they are just out of admin ffs. think we need to start pressurising the authorities into taking action again as the relentless cheating that we see at this filthy club looks set to continue. it really is sickening watching this happen when we play by the rules and sign players we can afford, only to lose games to lesser opposition because of it. the only reason they are top is because they have cheated and because they are spending huge wages to attract these players. I don't know why we don't just cheat and bring in decent players given there appears to be no consequences for doing so. They are a disgraceful club with absolutely no remorse in what they have done.

That's what they're doing isn't it? Or do you honestly believe they're out there stealing money to sign superstars, because no one will be lending them anything these days. Their stated pre season budget was a million for players, which will have been added to with ST sales, but please, don't let truth get in the way of blind hatred.

boab1875
12-09-2014, 10:27 AM
That's what they're doing isn't it? Or do you honestly believe they're out there stealing money to sign superstars, because no one will be lending them anything these days. Their stated pre season budget was a million for players, which will have been added to with ST sales, but please, don't let truth get in the way of blind hatred.

You're not even trying to hide the fact that you're a Yam are you?
You must be the first "Hibs" fan that i've met that doesn't hate them

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2014, 10:36 AM

You should get out more. :wink:

Seriously, though, "cheating"? How are they doing that?

Keith_M
12-09-2014, 10:45 AM

So anyone that doesn't believe unfounded rumours that paint the Yams in a bad light must be a Yam themself?

That logic is just amazing.

TowerHibs
12-09-2014, 10:46 AM
It's cute, I remember my first pube

tamig
12-09-2014, 10:48 AM

Jeezo - how do you know how much they are paying these players? Budge will be running them along very tight lines. There is not a chance that they will be paying beyond their means with her at the helm.

HappyAsHellas
12-09-2014, 10:53 AM

:faf::faf::faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Exaggerating just a tad, perhaps?

:hmmm:

Nope!

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Nope!

Okay, I'll bite.

How are they cheating?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Email to the authorities

Dinnae bother wasting yours or their time.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

How are they cheating?

That wasn't a reply to them cheating just the fact that I ****ing detest them :wink:

(But they are up to something, that's the yam way)

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Dinnae bother wasting yours or their time.

Well that's up to the individual isn't it?