PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher on Talksport at 11am.

Winston Ingram
11-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Wee heads up for those who may be interested.

He's on 'Murray Meets' doing an in depth interview with Colin Murray.

I'm going to try an listen but i'm still at that stage where I want to stove that ****in dinosaurs head in. :grrr:

JimBHibees
11-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Hopefully announcing he has a new managers job.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Bombard the station now with the questions he should be asking him.

Waxy
11-09-2014, 10:07 AM
It'll be "i'll come on the show but wont talk about Hibs"

greenpaper55
11-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Hope it's not a talk on tactics, it will be the shortest radio show in history !.

Michael
11-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Hopefully he'll breach the terms of his 'gardening leave'.

LancsHibs
11-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Been on hold on my mobile for over 5 minutes, had to hang up costing a fortune. Thanks again Butcher:grr:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Not worth listening. Talking absolute pish.

Winston Ingram
11-09-2014, 10:37 AM
He can't talk about Hibs as he is still an employee :grr:

Winston Ingram
11-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Danny Murphy saying you can't be a tyrant any more as players stand up more.

Butcher agreeing :fuming:

Baader
11-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Clown. Lucked out one season and much to our misfortune landed the job.

Jones28
11-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Prick

Iain G
11-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Prick

Yeah hate that Colin Murray bloke :wink:

GreenLake
11-09-2014, 12:27 PM
He's going to move his gardening down to London if we vote Yes.

Hibiza
11-09-2014, 12:55 PM
total erse, along with Petrie.

Hibiza
11-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Heres a great idea Butch. get the players in after a game . Get someone to nominate a letter . then start with that as a kick off to identify weakness's . Then do it for 18 games. pure teat.

heretoday
11-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah hate that Colin Murray bloke :wink:

He's awful, eh? The only ones I like on Talk Sport are Hawksbee and Jacobs. Clips of the week? Hilarious.

FinlayHibs
11-09-2014, 02:57 PM
total erse, along with Petrie.

Good shout !!!!!!

PeterboroHibee
11-09-2014, 03:25 PM
He's awful, eh? The only ones I like on Talk Sport are Hawksbee and Jacobs. Clips of the week? Hilarious.

I cant stand Murray, but the Murray Meets... (I dont know if they still do it) are usually quite interesting. I agree that Hawksbee and Jacobs are the only two that are good though, whereas the likes of Alan Brazil, Collymore and the Weekend Sports Breakfast are just awful.

Scottie
11-09-2014, 05:00 PM
13441Spotted TB as he left Talksport at lunchtime talking bollock's again

Pretty Boy
11-09-2014, 05:13 PM
He's going to move his gardening down to London if we vote Yes.

Another reason to vote yes. Get that absolute ****wit as far away from ER as possible.

emerald green
11-09-2014, 05:24 PM
He talks a lot of s**** but the meeja just seem to lap it up, as did Petrie I can only assume when he decided to appoint this clown. Big big mistake it turned out.

MWHIBBIES
11-09-2014, 05:41 PM
He talks a lot of s**** but the meeja just seem to lap it up, as did Petrie I can only assume when he decided to appoint this clown. Big big mistake it turned out.As did every Hibs fan on here.

emerald green
11-09-2014, 05:46 PM
As did every Hibs fan on here.

Initially yes, but only up to a point. I think most fans could see after new year when the team started losing week after week that he could talk the talk, but he could not walk the walk.

Winston Ingram
11-09-2014, 06:05 PM

Every?:confused:

Swedish hibee
11-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Did you hear him going on about motivation !!!!!!!

:loser::crazy::idiot::gun:

Winston Ingram
11-09-2014, 06:47 PM

I knows you couldnae write it. Talking about releasing players fears. I wonder where repeatedly telling them aw their sh*te fits into that strategy :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-09-2014, 07:08 PM

shame that Alex Harris didn't phone in.

truehibernian
11-09-2014, 07:18 PM

I'd be motivated on his salary....very motivated......unbelievable amount he was given. Highest paid manager since Mowbray's extension apparently.......scandalous :agree:

ian cruise
11-09-2014, 07:45 PM

The majority but definitely not every Hibs fan. I supported him after he was given the job as I would support any new Hibs manager and/or player but prior to his appointment he was not my ideal choice for manager and I know I was not alone.

heretoday
12-09-2014, 07:46 AM
shame that Alex Harris didn't phone in.

You're right. Harris is still recovering from TB's motivational skills.

Butcher is basically a dressing room bully.

worcesterhibby
12-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm honest enough to admit that I thought it was a good appointment at the time. This was a guy who had taken Caley to heights they should never rightfully have reached and had a playing career that included a World Cup semi-final as captain. He always struck me as a leader of men and also quite sensible. He always seemed to distance himself from the sectarian stuff too when playing at Rangers.

Almost all of us felt that Hibs had become weak and easily rolled over under the stewardship of several managers and Butchers history at ICT of fast, aggressive, powerful football seemed like the perfect antidote. The fact that his back room team had been able to unearth a good number of quality players from lowly sources was also a big perceived benefit.

What resulted was a train wreck. But there were a LOT of people on this board who were as positive about the appointment as I was, I would say it was the majority. It's far too easy to be smart in hindsight.

KeithTheHibby
12-09-2014, 09:11 AM
The guy was amateur at best. The set-up he had at Inverness worked perfect for him with Malpas and Marsella as his assistant.
His methods of motivation were draconian and outdated. When AS took over the place lacked leadership in every area hence all the coaching appointments.

FWIW on paper he was the best man for the job at the time however I wonder how much due dilligence was done before appointing him? I would suggest very little which puts the appointment blame firmly at the door of the board.
The job was too big for Butcher. God help any club that appoints him.

Iain G
12-09-2014, 11:28 AM
The guy was amateur at best. The set-up he had at Inverness worked perfect for him with Malpas and Marsella as his assistant.
His methods of motivation were draconian and outdated. When AS took over the place lacked leadership in every area hence all the coaching appointments.

FWIW on paper he was the best man for the job at the time however I wonder how much due dilligence was done before appointing him? I would suggest very little which puts the appointment blame firmly at the door of the board.
The job was too big for Butcher. God help any club that appoints him.

We have seen over the last 3 months just exactly how much needed changed at the club, on the pitch and behind the scenes. I wonder if we had stayed up and he got his players in how it would have gone?

I suspect the scale of what they took on surprised them and how the rebuild with Leeann at the helm would go with the more old school Butcher instead of a more open coach like Stubbs would be going right now...

greenpaper55
12-09-2014, 11:51 AM
The job was simply to big for him, every medium to large club he has managed in the past dumped him within a few months.

surreyhibbie
12-09-2014, 03:38 PM
The job was simply to big for him, every medium to large club he has managed in the past dumped him within a few months.

I was over the moon when he signed. Mate of mines Brentford fan said he was a nightmare but I ignored him

He was right.

Northernhibee
12-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Yogi was a manager who could be attributed to the "job was simply too big for him" club when he needed to turn around a slump. Butcher was just absolutely inept.

mca
12-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Not Claiming to be in the know.. but what iv been told by a family member is that TB owns property in the Ipswich area - and that the family currently renting the property have been notified by the estate agents - to leave the property within six months ???

They have been there for a number of years and they enquired if the property was for-sale and were told it wasn't ... :dunno:

Criswell
12-09-2014, 09:04 PM
We got Butcher, Malpas and Marsella from ICT. It's just a pity we couldn't get their board and their players as well!