PDA

View Full Version : Fans Forums

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I really enjoy reading and contributing to this forum. I also like to have a wee look across the road now and again to see what they are talking about on kickback. I try to keep an open mind on this forum and actually find a lot of people's opinions interesting even if I don't agree with them. I enjoy a bit of banter with my hearts mates and others who support the rangers and Sellik... It takes a lot to anger me but this morning whilst having a wee read through kickback I was taken aback by one post in particular. There is no bad language used and it's very short. Obviously the poster is an ignorant so and so and in my opinion this kind of "banter" we can do without.... Anyway. Step forward LeBron James, as he calls himself. I quote.... "Hibs trying to beat us is like trying to battle Cancer."

Some may think nothing of this but it is the kind of ignorant, vile, disgusting post I detest. And I'm sure some of his own will think exactly the same. I would love to take this guy on a wee visit to a cancer ward to let him see the devestation this disease causes to patients and there families..... Sorry for the rant but this small post really wound me up. Off to walk the dog......

Jones28
10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Really idiotic thing to say. I hope he has the decency to retract and apologise for it. He obviously has no personal experience as to how devestating cancer can be to patients and their families.

IanM
10-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I've seen the phrase, referring to our current board, described as 'the cancer of the club'

personally, I don't appreciate that either..

there's always a better term of phrase that works - bawbags, for instance

Viva_Palmeiras
10-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Is this topic really about fans forums? Or a vocal minitory that will exist wherever you go on the internet?
thank god for our admins who the best job they can to keep thinks in line.
But really to take something that's said over there that would likely not be tolerated over here and give it further oxygen perplexes me...

Waxy
10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Imo it's the end of football banter in Edinburgh anyway. In my experience the last few months you can't have banter with them anymore. So i dont.

Waxy
10-09-2014, 11:24 AM
I've seen the phrase, referring to our current board, described as 'the cancer of the club'

there's always a better term of phrase that works - bawbags, for instanceI agree. It's used way too lightly.

Keith_M
10-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Mikey, you get nutters on every Forum. I wouldn't judge all Hearts Fans on an ill-judged comment from one of them.

I've read some pretty ugly comments on here as well but fortunately our Admins enforce a bit better standards than some other Forums.

10-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Mikey, you get nutters on every Forum. I wouldn't judge all Hearts Fans on an ill-judged comment from one of them.

I've read some pretty ugly comments on here as well but fortunately our Admins enforce a bit better standards than some other Forums.

:agree:

Never venture over on that site anymore as it really is full of arrogant, bigotted dregs of society. I recall a few years ago, there was a thread on there about Zemmama (who was playing for us at the time) and there were posters using very blatant, vile racism towards him - I don't want to go into to much detail because it really was pretty disturbing but calling him a terrorist etc. because he's muslim for example. This went on for ages, no admin closing the thread or even warning them to stop. Really disgusting but sadly not out of character for a lot of them. I Know many decent jambos out there that would find this disgusting but they certainly do have a large, very sinister element in their support.

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Is this topic really about fans forums? Or a vocal minitory that will exist wherever you go on the internet?
thank god for our admins who the best job they can to keep thinks in line.
But really to take something that's said over there that would likely not be tolerated over here and give it further oxygen perplexes me...

I would suggest it's football forums in general. I agree with you that our admins do a good job, however I have read some brutal stuff on here as well. I am not easily offended but with something like this being close to my heart I did on this occasion. If this " perplexes" you then I'm afraid that's your problem. Maybe better I not say anything and let twats like him say what they like without highlighting there ignorance??

marti1875
10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
It's a wee bit strange maybe but it doesn't really overly bother me.

I have terminal cancer and when i do see comments like that i have more like one of those facepalm, shake the head, big sigh type of reactions rather than anger or offence or anything like that.

I think most of the time people use that sort of term they have not really thought about it whatsoever, you know, not engaged brain out of neutral before posting type of scenarios.
Maybe if it was brought to their attention they would see and understand how it's not exactly in the best taste......but yet again, maybe not...especially if it's from that lot over there as most have no brains to engage in the first place so it would go right in one ear and out the other :greengrin

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 01:41 PM

I have terminal cancer and when i do see comments like that i have more like one of those facepalm, shake the head, big sigh type of reactions rather than anger or offence or anything like that.

I think most of the time people use that sort of term they have not really thought about it whatsoever, you know, not engaged brain out of neutral before posting type of scenarios.
Maybe if it was brought to their attention they would see and understand how it's not exactly in the best taste......but yet again, maybe not...especially if it's from that lot over there as most have no brains to engage in the first place so it would go right in one ear and out the other :greengrin

Spot on.... Engage the brain before opening there gobs (or typing in this case). I think certain football fans, of all clubs, think they have some god given right to shout, say, type what they like and put it down to numerous things. "I've paid so can say what I want" being a favourite. Forums give them anonymity and they become deliberately offensive thinking they're funny. Regarding your Terminal cancer I truly don't know what to say so I will just give you a wee thumbs up in support of you... :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-09-2014, 01:57 PM
I would suggest it's football forums in general. I agree with you that our admins do a good job, however I have read some brutal stuff on here as well. I am not easily offended but with something like this being close to my heart I did on this occasion. If this " perplexes" you then I'm afraid that's your problem. Maybe better I not say anything and let twats like him say what they like without highlighting there ignorance??Dude - you went over to the dark side. I presume you've not flagged the issue over there?For avoidance of doubt what "perplexes" me is how you can be outraged by something that's not even with the realm of this forum (and so nothing can be done about it) but then you spread the very thing over here. We know the yams are by and large ignoranct some of the worst are on kickback - let them and their comments stay there IMO.

Thecat23
10-09-2014, 02:01 PM
I've stopped going on that site. It's filled with absolute hate and aging men who are the lowest of the low. I know 3 of them who post and they are fat smelly men with the bright red face (typical hearts fan) they actually disgust me the comments they use against us. Sadly met them through work!

Just stay off it mate you will feel better for it. The guy I.J I think is right up there being the biggest roaster. He looks in here yet denies it "Hiya I.J" tries to be funny on every thread and has about 6 guys who think he's hilarious.

Even my jambo mates avoid that site and said he's a lanky streak of piss who knows nothing about football never mind their own club. Kickback is filled with spotty nerds, old creepy men and folk who never attend games!

LancashireHibby
10-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Kickback is filled with spotty nerds, old creepy men and folk who never attend games!

....sounds familiar! :wink:

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Dude - you went over to the dark side. I presume you've not flagged the issue over there?For avoidance of doubt what "perplexes" me is how you can be outraged by something that's not even with the realm of this forum (and so nothing can be done about it) but then you spread the very thing over here. We know the yams are by and large ignoranct some of the worst are on kickback - let them and their comments stay there IMO.

Loads of people will be outraged with things outwith the realm of this forum. I was just venting about something that pissed me off that's all man. Certainly not having a go at you. And I would never flag it up over there!!! Hopefully one of the more intelligent yams will do that.... If they exist!! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
10-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Craigieboy is so obesssed about Hibs :faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Loads of people will be outraged with things outwith the realm of this forum. I was just venting about something that pissed me off that's all man. Certainly not having a go at you. And I would never flag it up over there!!! Hopefully one of the more intelligent yams will do that.... If they exist!! :thumbsup:

Fair enough and you've said is an issue close to you - at the end of the day they are "twunts" tho ;)

ekhibee
10-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm sure that's the guy that adds 'comments' to the Evening News as well, or he certainly used to.

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Fair enough and you've said is an issue close to you - at the end of the day they are "twunts" tho ;)

I dunno no what a twunt is.... But they are!!!! :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
10-09-2014, 03:23 PM

Don't give him the satisfaction of mentioning his name over here. He'll be having wet dreams tonight about it.

Hermit Crab
10-09-2014, 04:04 PM
I really enjoy reading and contributing to this forum. I also like to have a wee look across the road now and again to see what they are talking about on kickback. I try to keep an open mind on this forum and actually find a lot of people's opinions interesting even if I don't agree with them. I enjoy a bit of banter with my hearts mates and others who support the rangers and Sellik... It takes a lot to anger me but this morning whilst having a wee read through kickback I was taken aback by one post in particular. There is no bad language used and it's very short. Obviously the poster is an ignorant so and so and in my opinion this kind of "banter" we can do without.... Anyway. Step forward LeBron James, as he calls himself. I quote.... "Hibs trying to beat us is like trying to battle Cancer."

Some may think nothing of this but it is the kind of ignorant, vile, disgusting post I detest. And I'm sure some of his own will think exactly the same. I would love to take this guy on a wee visit to a cancer ward to let him see the devestation this disease causes to patients and there families..... Sorry for the rant but this small post really wound me up. Off to walk the dog......

Got a link to thread?

Viva_Palmeiras
10-09-2014, 04:12 PM
I dunno no what a twunt is.... But they are!!!! :thumbsup:

Its like a synergy of sweariness ;)

emerald green
10-09-2014, 05:53 PM
:agree:

Never venture over on that site anymore as it really is full of arrogant, bigotted dregs of society. I recall a few years ago, there was a thread on there about Zemmama (who was playing for us at the time) and there were posters using very blatant, vile racism towards him - I don't want to go into to much detail because it really was pretty disturbing but calling him a terrorist etc. because he's muslim for example. This went on for ages, no admin closing the thread or even warning them to stop. Really disgusting but sadly not out of character for a lot of them. I Know many decent jambos out there that would find this disgusting but they certainly do have a large, very sinister element in their support.

:agree: And it's that large element within their support that makes me detest them so much. Just like the wee Nazi who got caught on camera recently. He was just one of a large group of them.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2014, 06:25 PM
:agree: And it's that large element within their support that makes me detest them so much. Just like the wee Nazi who got caught on camera recently. He was just one of a large group of them.

What ever happened to him? Did he have his day in court or was it a slap on the wrist and sweep under the carpet?

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2014, 06:36 PM
The is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why the majority of them slaver the same pish,it's in their genes, hence why they love incest a game all of their families can play!

Phil D. Rolls
10-09-2014, 06:47 PM
It's a reflection on how well run this site is that we don't get exposed to that sort of poison. Some stuff on other forums I find scary. KB seems to have succeeded to some really disturbing posters.

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2014, 06:55 PM
On another related issue, I recently had a look across at the bounce, there was a thread about.net being locked down during transfer deadline evening, some of the comments about our forum were shall I say less than complimentary, is there bad blood between the two forums? :confused:

marinello59
10-09-2014, 07:04 PM
On another related issue, I recently had a look across at the bounce, there was a thread about.net being locked down during transfer deadline evening, some of the comments about our forum were shall I say less than complimentary, is there bad blood between the two forums? :confused:

Not as far as the Admin team here are concerned. Plenty of us post on both sites, we're lucky to have a choice of hibs related vibe to enjoy.

Scouse Hibee
10-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Not as far as the Admin team here are concerned. Plenty of us post on both sites, we're lucky to have a choice of hibs related vibe to enjoy.

:aok:

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Got a link to thread?

Sorry mate. Dunno how to do it. It's on the "Worst jobs in football" thread. Poster named LeBron James.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2014, 07:32 PM

I've always viewed .net and the bounce like 2 local pubs. Both are good at what they do, there's nothing wrong with one but you just prefer the other.

Any bad blood was long before I was around here.

heretoday
10-09-2014, 08:32 PM
I would never read a Hearts Forum for fear of raising my BP to danger level.

I no longer read the comments at the end of Scotsman/E News football stories for the same reason.

Hermit Crab
10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Sorry mate. Dunno how to do it. It's on the "Worst jobs in football" thread. Poster named LeBron James.

Hes not getting much stick from his own. To be fair he does apologise. Still a pretty ****ty thing to say about anything.

hibees 7062
10-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Having a bit of banter with my rangers pal as I have a £100 bet hearts finish above rangers. Just checked the odds for the Scottish cup.....the rangers 12/1,hearts 25/1 and Celtic favourites 11/10....simple question I asked my
Pal......why are hearts double the odds of rangers when we are walking away with the league they are in

Wow :greengrin

HibsMax
10-09-2014, 10:09 PM

there's always a better term of phrase that works - bawbags, for instance

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's cornflakes but I personally think there is a difference between the two bolded statements above. The first statement is out of line, it's making a direct reference to a person fighting cancer. The second statement is a term that is still used widely today (at least I think it is?). The usage of "cancer" in this context is correct; it's describing a malignant presence which is causing harm...and I think cancer is actually a fitting term. It doesn't make light of people fighting cancer.

To digress slightly, did anyone hear about the Fox News guy(s) who when commenting on the Ray Rice story said...I'll let you listen for yourself...

Try this (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/08/1328110/-Fox-Friends-Message-of-Ray-Rice-knocking-woman-unconscious-in-elevator-is-to-take-the-stairs#)

FFW to about 2:10

Mikey09
10-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Hes not getting much stick from his own. To be fair he does apologise. Still a pretty ****ty thing to say about anything.

A pretty hollow apology..... He seems happier to gloat that he gets his own thread on here!?!? Holy ****.... And I thought he was a welt before?! Deary me. :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
10-09-2014, 11:06 PM

Really sorry to read that marti. For what it`s worth from an anonymous nobody on here, sending you my best wishes and positive thoughts. All the best.

GG

cabbageandribs1875
11-09-2014, 09:52 AM

very sad to hear that marti, agree with the rest

WeeRussell
11-09-2014, 11:23 AM

"In advance" to anyone on Kickback who was offended by his post...

I wonder if he is just incredibly unintelligent or is he is about to say something else disgusting, which he feels he needs to apologise in advance for?

But it was worth it because he got his own thread on hibs.net.. YAS, Jim Jefferies face :rolleyes:

What a bizarre young man.

If he is genuinely sorry for posting what he did - Perhaps when he's cleaned up his muck over getting a thread on hibs.net, he (or indeed their admins) could go to the length of deleting the post. Would be the easiest solution, no?

marti1875
11-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Cheers GG and Cabbageandribs, :thumbsup:

I just thought i'd give my tuppence worth from someone who's actually suffering from it, as i say, it's more foot in mouth when people say those sort of things and never really stop to think about what they are saying.
So, i don't get too annoyed about it all as i said in my earlier post. Maybe it's as my outlook on things have changed quite a bit recently and it's mellowed me ....but not mellowed me that much though as i still detest that lot.....in that extent i will NEVER mellow! :greengrin

FranckSuzy
11-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Cheers GG and Cabbageandribs, :thumbsup:

I just thought i'd give my tuppence worth from someone who's actually suffering from it, as i say, it's more foot in mouth when people say those sort of things and never really stop to think about what they are saying.
So, i don't get too annoyed about it all as i said in my earlier post. Maybe it's as my outlook on things have changed quite a bit recently and it's mellowed me ....but not mellowed me that much though as i still detest that lot.....in that extent i will NEVER mellow! :greengrin

Good luck to you and :thumbsup: