PDA

View Full Version : Karl Oyston

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2014, 11:14 PM
He's hated by the Blackpool fans to a man, this will hardly help. :faf::faf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29126698

LancashireHibby
10-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Top of the iceberg if they end up getting Coyle.

Bostonhibby
10-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Poor Blackpool, oyston is a roaster. They need an experienced man to help steady the ship, now that he is no longer actively involved in the big decisions at Hibs I wonder if RP could be tempted by the bracing seaside air?

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Top of the iceberg if they end up getting Coyle.

He's been approached 4 times according to our mutual friend. :wink:

hibs4thecup1988
10-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Coyle could be great for them.

Such a shame the way they have fallen from grace. Imagine if they had held onto the lead vs Man United twice in the year they were in the premiership... Scary to think.

LancsHibs
10-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Terry Butchers the man:wink:

PeterboroHibee
10-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Coyle could be great for them.

Such a shame the way they have fallen from grace. Imagine if they had held onto the lead vs Man United twice in the year they were in the premiership... Scary to think.

I go to Wigan on a fairly regular basis and Coyle was a bit of a disaster. He seemed to have a reputation for playing decent football (probably from Burnley), but it was brutal to watch and I was surprised at how quickly he managed to ruin the team (which Rosler did fix when he came in). He fell out with Whelan in the end, which can happen, but thats no excuse for the way he had the team playing, particularly as he had a reasonable budget and signed some good players. He has a decent reputation so clubs will always be interested, but I dont think hes a good manager.

delbert
10-09-2014, 09:34 AM
I go to Wigan on a fairly regular basis and Coyle was a bit of a disaster. He seemed to have a reputation for playing decent football (probably from Burnley), but it was brutal to watch and I was surprised at how quickly he managed to ruin the team (which Rosler did fix when he came in). He fell out with Whelan in the end, which can happen, but thats no excuse for the way he had the team playing, particularly as he had a reasonable budget and signed some good players. He has a decent reputation so clubs will always be interested, but I dont think hes a good manager.

Gone a wee bit off topic re Oyston but as far as Coyle goes, have a friend who watched Saints when he was up there and he thought he was brutal.

jacomo
10-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Terry Butchers the man:wink:

:agree:

I think we can all agree that he's a fabulous manager who was just 'misunderstood' at Hibs. Big Scottish community in Blackpool will make Maurice Malpas feel at home, I'm sure Steve Marsella would enjoy the shorter traveling distances to scout English non-League clubs... could be a dream return for the dream team.

C'mon Tel, stick your hat in the ring. A talent like you is wasted in the garden.

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Just been to the gym, and getting in my car afterwards i caught the end of a conversation they were having on talksport, i think i heard them saying Butcher had applied for the Leeds job?

:pray:

LancashireHibby
10-09-2014, 11:24 AM

And Bolton have only just been able to get rid of the likes of Tyrone Mears, Zat Knight and Chris Eagles who were all put on particularly expensive lengthy contracts by Coyle. Wigan were just lucky to get shut of him before he could make too much of a mess of it.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Really think the misundertood genius of super Terry Butcher is the man for Blackpool.

His forward thinking philosophy on football, keen awareness of motivational techniques and exqusite man management skills surely make him the only candidate?

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Really think the misundertood genius of super Terry Butcher is the man for Blackpool.

His forward thinking philosophy on football, keen awareness of motivational techniques and exqusite man management skills surely make him the only candidate?

:agree: Plus i get to put a nail through his tyre every single day of his tenure.

Bostonhibby
10-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Just been to the gym, and getting in my car afterwards i caught the end of a conversation they were having on talksport, i think i heard them saying Butcher had applied for the Leeds job?

:pray:

Butcher is the future for either of any of these footballing giants, he is exactly what they need. Which he chooses is down to whether they want Maurice or not. If they want him its Leeds as they have a much shorter name and their fans appreciate a good grunt interspersed with swear words they can recognise.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-09-2014, 09:21 PM
No other candidate will get the ball up the park to the strikers faster than Butcher. They would be fools to look anywhere else to be honest

macd123
10-09-2014, 11:39 PM
He's hated by the Blackpool fans to a man, this will hardly help. :faf::faf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29126698

Could we do some kind of swap deal - oyston for the tache?

LancsHibs
11-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Could we do some kind of swap deal - oyston for the tache?

You really really don't want that, Oyston is a clueless clown and is deliberately taking the money and running the club down from my understanding. If he were at Hibs there would have been a riot a long time ago. The Oyston family are an example of 'better the devil you know'.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2014, 08:31 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109838/Owen-Oyston-paid-11m-Blackpool-relegated-Nick-Harris.html

Imagine the uproar if...............:wink:

jacomo
11-09-2014, 04:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109838/Owen-Oyston-paid-11m-Blackpool-relegated-Nick-Harris.html

Imagine the uproar if...............:wink:

Puts things in perspective, does it not? Unless you want to make any allegations that the owner of our club is up to something similar? :confused: