PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster

Unseen work
09-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Mentioned it on another thread but it deserves one of its own IMO.

Were really short of defensive midfielders, all the ones we have their game is in the final third.

What about trying Jordan there? I'm not one for moving players out of position but this is one I think he is capable of, he is comfortable on the ball, defends well and is a athlete who is really strong and would give his all and understand his defensive responsibilities!

The white sol bamba

Postman
09-09-2014, 11:55 AM
No chance. He's doing okay at best as a centre half so moving him to a position he doesn't know would be stupid. He needs to be left to develop in his best and favoured position.

silverhibee
09-09-2014, 12:04 PM
No chance. He's doing okay at best as a centre half so moving him to a position he doesn't know would be stupid. He needs to be left to develop in his best and favoured position.

Yep, let him get on with establishing his place in the team as a CH pairing with Hanlon, this guy has everything to go on to better things in his career and pretty sure he will do it, he will be a big player for us as a CH this season.

So no, leave him where he is.

TheHarpy76
09-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Nope.

Forster is really looking the part at CB so lets not faf around playing the boy out of position.

sbell1875
09-09-2014, 12:34 PM
I remember when TB switched him to right back about December last season. It took him a bit of time to get used to that position so I wouldn't change him.

For me it has to be Forster & Hanlon at CB when both are fit.

Fontaine might not be match fit but in his 2 games he hadn't impressed me.

Billychaotic182
09-09-2014, 12:39 PM
You have to laugh at us really. Last two years all we had was defensive mids now we are complaing we have none. Only hibs

sahib
09-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Mentioned it on another thread but it deserves one of its own IMO.

Were really short of defensive midfielders, all the ones we have their game is in the final third.

What about trying Jordan there? I'm not one for moving players out of position but this is one I think he is capable of, he is comfortable on the ball, defends well and is a athlete who is really strong and would give his all and understand his defensive responsibilities!

The white sol bamba

Worth a try give us a bit of strength in the middle.

KeithTheHibby
09-09-2014, 01:00 PM
A lot of back slapping for Forster here despite the fact that he has been the one constant in our defence which has lost goals in every game.

TheFamous1875
09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
You have to laugh at us really. Last two years all we had was defensive mids now we are complaing we have none. Only hibs

Should've kept Thomson and Taiwo IMO.

Billychaotic182
09-09-2014, 02:43 PM

The fact that we aloud butcher to get shot of
Players then sack him is madness. Useless man

Forza Fred
09-09-2014, 08:38 PM
The fact that we aloud butcher to get shot of
Players then sack him is madness. Useless man

Absolutely.

Petrie should have handed Butcher his jitters immediately after the final whistle of the Hamilton game.

FinlayHibs
09-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Young Forster is future captian material ...... Giving time !

eastterrace
09-09-2014, 09:20 PM

glad we didnt. we have moved on from them pair.

silverhibee
09-09-2014, 09:59 PM
A lot of back slapping for Forster here despite the fact that he has been the one constant in our defence which has lost goals in every game.

He also scored a few for us at the other end, he is a young lad and will make mistakes, i think he will learn quickly this season and there will be less mistakes from him and better all round performances from him.

Think he will shine for Hibs this season and claim the YPOTY.

Heisenberg
09-09-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm yet to be convinced by him so far.

Brightside
09-09-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm yet to be convinced by him so far.

I think he will be a stand out alongside Hanlon...but as others have said he will make mistakes

PeterboroHibee
10-09-2014, 07:34 AM
I think Forster still has a lot of developing to do, and switching positions isnt going to help that (and I dont mean this in a negative way, but in my opinion he doesnt look a good enough footballer to be playing a midfield role). Hopefully he has the right players and staff around him now and there will be consistency and stability at the club, and even though it hasnt delivered results yet, I think the style of football will help players like Forster.

R11Loaded
10-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Wouldn't be first choice in an ideal Hibs...

Is Fontaine left or right sided?

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

10-09-2014, 01:53 PM
As mentioned by previous posters, I think it would be wrong to take him out of the position he is used to and most comfertable in. He's still a young guy and has plenty to learn. If he gets his head down, shows the right attitude and works hard in the CH position next to the likes of Hanlon then I think he could develop into a decent player. He's a big guy, not afraid to use his height to win the air balls which got him a few goals last season as well.

The thing with the young laddies is that it comes down to attitude. The likes of Ross Caldwell are prime exacmples of what happens to young players once they start getting cocky and thinking they've made it. He scored that goal at tynecastle then lived off it and somehow believed that he suddenly should be automatically in the team. I believe his attitude was one of the main reasons he ended up not living up to his early promise. Forster tbh seems to have the right work ethic and attitude however so hopefully he can keep working hard and earning his place in the team - the experience he will gain through it will hopefully be very benefitial.

Paloschi
10-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Personally I would like to see Lewis in there as for me he is the only player capable of playing that position. I'm not a big fan of him at left back and would like to see Booth play there.

I would have him patrolling in front of the defence and allow either Stanton, Robertson, Allan or McGeoch to play. It is the only solution we have IMO.

I'd then have Craig/Kennedy or Malonga/Harris/Handling in a free role behind Cummings with the full backs offering width.

cloudy
10-09-2014, 03:40 PM
glad we didnt. we have moved on from them pair.
Moved on?? Or backwards? We are crying out for a DM at the moment

Franck Stanton
10-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Agree with the poster stating Stevenson for d/m and Booth at l/b. Be a good move imo.

1875_1875
10-09-2014, 05:37 PM
IMO we shouldn't b playing with a defensive midfielder! Were struggling to create chances as it is and realistically four at the back should b more then enough to cover most attacks!

Alloa was a prime example, were happy as a pig in..... Playing the ball about at the back but ww need attack minded midfielders making the right moves in to space

IMO were not a league to b playing a defensive midfielder