PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV

Berwickhibby
08-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Does any overseas subscribers know if the live streaming of matches from Hibs TV start this weekend with the Cowdenbeath game. Nothing on the official website.

Septimus
08-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Have heard nothing so far. However the Club have promised that the live streaming will start in September so it really MUST be on.

California-Hibs
08-09-2014, 09:57 AM
It better start this weekend after I spent the full whack on the annual subscription only to be let down with the news after I signed that it wouldn't start until September.

If it starts this weekend and is new and much improved I'll forget about not having it ready for the start of the season, and be a very happy fan to be back watching Hibs!

GreenLake
08-09-2014, 11:05 AM
I hope they get things up and running soon but it will be worth the wait if it results in an improved streaming service. I will miss Beuzelin though who added a nice ambience to the commentary.

Big90inOz
08-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Bad news I'm afraid, just had it confirmed this weeks game is audio only. They expect to have video for the home game after Saturday.

Berwickhibby
08-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Bad news I'm afraid, just had it confirmed this weeks game is audio only. They expect to have video for the home game after Saturday.

I will be very unimpressed if this is correct, I got an email from Andrew Sleight stating that the live streaming will be up and running for Cowdenbeath game. I purchased the annual package on the strength of that email. Hopefully some clarity will be provided by the club, or is it another case of taking our money and shafting the fans.

Pray4Marc
08-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Shambles of a service.

California-Hibs
08-09-2014, 12:27 PM

That better bloody not be true! Yet another 'should be next week' line! I signed up for this service in full before the season even began!!

Big90inOz
08-09-2014, 12:28 PM
I'm only passing on the contents of a reply I received from the club today. I was hoping and expecting the service to be up and running for Saturday.

Berwickhibby
08-09-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm only passing on the contents of a reply I received from the club today. I was hoping and expecting the service to be up and running for Saturday.

Nobody is having a go at you Big90inOz, but once again the lack of communication and incorrect information coming out the club shows the disregard that they have for the fans..... We pay our money for a service but to date we have received nothing. We have had no streaming of first three home games already this season and although promised it appears that they are going to fail to to stream the Cowdenbeath game.

I have again emailed Andrew Sleight trying to find out what is happening...... the silence is deafening

Callum_62
08-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Well thats pretty crap if so.

By the time its up and running, with 'teething problems' sorted- we will be in season 2 of championship!

Glad i only purchased monthly sub initially

Id be mightily pissed if i bought a yearly subscription

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Septimus
08-09-2014, 04:57 PM

I fully expect a written explanation as to why if this information is correct. I am now grinding my teeth and hoping that is not true.

The Green Goblin
08-09-2014, 05:22 PM
It is disappointing that the club has not sent an email to all the hibs tv subscribers to keep them informed.

Callum_62
08-09-2014, 05:50 PM
I thought they done well by saying the service would be up by 'September'

the first home game is basically mid September

They next home game seems to be Raith on 4th OCTOBER.

Bravo Hibs

If this turns out to be false info - then really - BRAVO Hibs! :greengrin

GreenLake
08-09-2014, 06:04 PM
This is frustrating, but what would be more frustrating is to have the next game streamed badly.the video set up needs to be fixed once and for all and I would rather they do that than be back to what wash served up last season. Having said that, it shouldn't take weeks to get this done and I wonder if the budget request for new video gear is lying in Petrie's inbox underneath the proposal for a January move for Griffiths. :wink:

Swedish hibee
08-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Come on everyone, there's been lots happening at ER this summer- give them a break. We'll get the overseas service back soon.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2014, 06:25 PM
anyone received any sort of apology for the loss of coverage for the Dumbarton cup game :dunno: or do they not have to give any explanations...take yer dosh but they can't guarantee anything for it

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Shambles of a service.

spot on

Berwickhibby
08-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Come on everyone, there's been lots happening at ER this summer- give them a break. We'll get the overseas service back soon.

Sorry Swedish hibee but soon is not good enough, the service should have been up and running for the first home game of the season. We were informed by the Club that the service will start September for the Cowdenbeath game. Now through a Hibs.net member we discover that no live streaming will be provided. Once again we the fans are treated shabbily.

Callum_62
08-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Sorry Swedish hibee but soon is not good enough, the service should have been up and running for the first home game of the season. We were informed by the Club that the service will start September for the Cowdenbeath game. Now through a Hibs.net member we discover that no live streaming will be provided. Once again we the fans are treated shabbily.

:agree:

Plus Swedish Hibee - some people have already paid 90GBP for the yearly subs - only then to be told later that the home games wont be LIVE until Sept14

Now that might be October.

Thats a shambles.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Daft question (probably)

Can you get the live streams, when they work, if your in England?

Cheers in advance

Callum_62
08-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Daft question (probably)

Cheers in advance

Live streams through Hibs website is for overseas only (outwith the UK)

Tom Hart RIP
08-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Nope Stu, you have to be abroad.

The Green Goblin
08-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Daft question (probably)

Cheers in advance

If it's a Yes vote on 18th, maybe. :greengrin

Seriously though, you have to be outside the uk/ireland to get video. You can get audio though.

Bit disappointed that there's been no communication from the club about what's happening tbh. I have always been a big defender of HTV on here, and I still think that the new HQ stream service will be worth it in the end, but an e-mail or two to keep folk informed isn't much to expect, especially as many of us have paid £90 up front for the season.

Swedish hibee
08-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Plus Swedish Hibee - some people have already paid 90GBP for the yearly subs - only then to be told later that the home games wont be LIVE until Sept14

Thats a shambles.[/QUOTE]

My name gives it away where I am in the world and I too am waiting for the service to start as I have PAID my money too. Your not the only one!
All I said was give them a break, we're gonna disagree but I think the service Hibs TV give us is a good one and I can wait for the same great quality again.

Callum_62
08-09-2014, 10:11 PM

Thats a shambles.

My name gives it away where I am in the world and I too am waiting for the service to start as I have PAID my money too. Your not the only one!
All I said was give them a break, we're gonna disagree but I think the service Hibs TV give us is a good one and I can wait for the same great quality again.[/QUOTE]

At the moment, we are getting no service

I agree, and ive been a staunch defender of the service previously (even when its been pretty poor)

But right now, we have nothing - and people have paid there money

Ontop of that, it appears more delays

2 months into the season to get something up and running (after taking money for it) is pretty slack

Id say, if it were any other business, you'd be fuming

Septimus
09-09-2014, 05:40 AM
I admire the patience of SH but I'm afraid that I do not share it. The plain fact is that the club have dragged their feet continually over this "service". I really believe that it could have been put on a decent footing a couple of seasons ago had the right people been delegated to provide the service.

However, I have paid my ninety pounds and for it. Hibs know that there is nothing that we ex-pats can do and they treat us as though we did not exist. We have been provided with a audio commentary which is worse than useless. (Not you Cliff)

Who is in charge? What is happening? Do we have to get the bad news second hand? Is there anything that we as committed Hibs supporters can do to sort out the problems?

Hello !!!! Is there anybody out there ?????

SingaporeHibs
09-09-2014, 12:20 PM
The silence is a joke, not a word from the club and they are taking cash quite happily. Last season I signed up for the Xtra season ticket and Hibs Int annual but decided to go monthly this season due to travel, being back in Edin over Xmas so can go to the games etc. Paid for Aug before knowing there would be no visual coverage but decided just to let that one slide. I was under the assumption I would need to register again for Sept if I wanted it. However I just had an email receipt thru on email for September without me signing up for it, in fact I haven't even been on the website since the derby.. Are they only offering an annual package with the option of paying in one lump sum or monthly? Did I read the options incorrectly. Either way, I think I'll ask for a refund if there are no live games.

California-Hibs
09-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I've just sent a very angry, to the point, email to Andrew explaining how unacceptable this whole situation is.

Taking money off people and not producing what was promised is one thing, but to then have zero communication on the matter is another!

I was told word for word when I signed up - 'ALL home games will be shown live, with a lot of away games also.'

I let Augusts, not having it ready for the new season, go. However when they promised that it will be 'back in action in September and much improved' and that now AGAIN isn't the case, all with a serve lack of communication on top, the situation has made me absolutely fuming!!

mutley
09-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Daft question (probably)

Cheers in advance

It's not really that daft a question and the answer is actually Yes you could, however you would have be be a little bit "computer savy" by that I mean you would have to use Proxy Servers / VPN to make it look like your comupter is in another country then sign up. I'm guessing like most of these things will use IP address regcognition to know where you are.

So by using a service that allows your IP address to "move" then you would be able to watch it wherever.

That's not taking into account any legal issues though.

IberianHibernian
09-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Not being able to see home matches till at least October is very disappointing especially after years of being able to see all home matches and a lot of away ones but even worse is lack of communication . To some at club , the service may not be considered important and is just to keep about 100 fanatics happy but if that really is the attitude it`s just another example of how badly club is marketed in general - a properly run TV service would attract fans of other clubs as well as Hibs fans on holiday who`d buy odd game as well as season ticket holders who are now being asked for half of what they paid last season ( perhaps because problems were expected ) . Has club looked for a sponsor of Hibs TV ? Why not include TV in membership package for overseas fans ( with reduced rate for Ireland where TV coverage can`t be offered ) and keep fans involved with club ? Even in age of internet I`m pretty sure a few hundred Hibernian fans scattered round the globe do more to promote our club than online advertising but we`re more likely to help if the club responds too eg decent TV service , membership , etc

Berwickhibby
10-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Has anyone had a response from the Club yet, my emails to date appear to have been ignored, does anybody have Leeanne Dempsters email.

hongkonghibee
10-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Has anyone had a response from the Club yet, my emails to date appear to have been ignored, does anybody have Leeanne Dempsters email.

I have emailed Andrew Sleight enquiring if the Cowdenbeath match will be video or audio, but no reply yet. An update to overseas supporters by email and/or through the official site would be a simple and quick piece of good customer relations, but it seems the Club STILL hasn't sorted out its poor communications with supporters.

California-Hibs
10-09-2014, 02:06 PM
I have emailed Andrew Sleight enquiring if the Cowdenbeath match will be video or audio, but no reply yet. An update to overseas supporters by email and/or through the official site would be a simple and quick piece of good customer relations, but it seems the Club STILL hasn't sorted out its poor communications with supporters.

The same situation here. Emailed Andrew 2 days ago now with the same enquiry, along with stressing my anger toward the whole situation.

Have I had a reply yet?.......have I heck!

Utter disgrace.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Feel disappointed for you guys. If Hibs have a problem or a delay on this, they should at least be communication with you, no excuse for not giving you any news, even if its bad news

LancashireHibby
10-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Never really taken much notice of Hibs TV in the past as I always thought it was an exclusively overseas thing, but do they show match highlights etc even to those in the UK? Thinking it might be worth investing now that it seems to be an absolute pain to find our highlights (no jokes please!) online unless I'm missing something?

Septimus
10-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Hopefully the silence means that somebody is working flat out to get the Cowdenbeath match on line. Why do I not feel over confident that this is the case ?

The Green Goblin
10-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Never really taken much notice of Hibs TV in the past as I always thought it was an exclusively overseas thing, but do they show match highlights etc even to those in the UK? Thinking it might be worth investing now that it seems to be an absolute pain to find our highlights (no jokes please!) online unless I'm missing something?

They do show highlights, (and exclusive interviews) yes.

Not good that people have not been replied to. I don't have twitter but a tweet aimed at hibs official twitter might do the trick.

FranckSuzy
10-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Feel disappointed for you guys. If Hibs have a problem or a delay on this, they should at least be communication with you, no excuse for not giving you any news, even if its bad news

:agree: Totally agree. My brother lives in Oz and the proposed service is a lifeline for overseas fans.

The Green Goblin
10-09-2014, 10:58 PM
So, I logged into my HTV account and clicked on "Live Match" and it simply says "Coverage tbc". I have attached a screenshot. I suppose that could mean:

1. No coverage (unlikely, as it`s a home game)

2. Audio only (probable, given the last few games have been audio only and based on what we have been able to piece together between us)

3. Audio and Video for overseas fans (still possible, if the "tbc" means they still hope to have it in place as promised)

GG

hongkonghibee
10-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Just received this email from Andrew Sleight from Hibs TV
"Sadly our plan to push out the high-quality streams from home matches will not begin for this weekend’s game at Cowdenbeath, which is both massively frustrating and disappointing.

This is as a result of an unforeseen problem outside of the club’s control – the installation is in the hands of our internet provider, who chose to delay the install of a bespoke broadband line.

The reason behind this delay as I understand it stems from the demands placed on the internet provider inside Edinburgh during the Festival in August.

When we placed the order eight weeks ago, we were originally given an estimated time of install as the middle of September, but I’ve been now been informed that will be delayed for a further few weeks into October.

I’m desperately keen to get to keen this new product up and running, available to watch on all devices, but we’ve encountered barriers which have held up the process.

The next match we will be able to show will be the Scottish Championship game at Rangers on Monday 29 September. Hopefully those supporters, who have watched the new streams will agree it is better overall and the way forward.

Unfortunately there are still some teething problems to overcome before we get to where we all want to be – pushing out high quality video streams for every Hibernian home match.

I will endeavour to keep everybody updated as much as possible.

Thanks for your continued support of the service and apologies once again,

Many thanks

Andrew"

The Green Goblin
10-09-2014, 11:27 PM
"Sadly our plan to push out the high-quality streams from home matches will not begin for this weekend’s game at Cowdenbeath, which is both massively frustrating and disappointing.

This is as a result of an unforeseen problem outside of the club’s control – the installation is in the hands of our internet provider, who chose to delay the install of a bespoke broadband line.

The reason behind this delay as I understand it stems from the demands placed on the internet provider inside Edinburgh during the Festival in August.

When we placed the order eight weeks ago, we were originally given an estimated time of install as the middle of September, but I’ve been now been informed that will be delayed for a further few weeks into October.

I’m desperately keen to get to keen this new product up and running, available to watch on all devices, but we’ve encountered barriers which have held up the process.

The next match we will be able to show will be the Scottish Championship game at Rangers on Monday 29 September. Hopefully those supporters, who have watched the new streams will agree it is better overall and the way forward.

Unfortunately there are still some teething problems to overcome before we get to where we all want to be – pushing out high quality video streams for every Hibernian home match.

Many thanks

Andrew"

Thanks for sharing.

Fair enough and that explains it in detail and it wasn`t their fault etc. but why didn`t they just send that exact e-mail (bcc to protect e-mails) to all subscribers? :confused: It`s clear that the new vid service will be vastly superior to any previous one, judging by the quality of the first huns game, so that`s fantastic and I am really excited about it, but I don`t understand the complete absence of communication to just let everyone know what`s going on.

California-Hibs
11-09-2014, 12:13 AM

Many thanks

Andrew"

Just received the same email. As much as I understand it's going to be/they're going for a much improved service, it still doesn't cut it that it's going to take till October until it's up and running. Regardless of unforseen circumstances, this should have been taken care of in advance before asking people for full annual subscriptions! Along with much better communication also.

Callum_62
11-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Just received the same email. As much as I understand it's going to be/they're going for a much improved service, it still doesn't cut it that it's going to take till October until it's up and running. Regardless of unforseen circumstances, this shouldn't have been taken care of in advance before asking people for full annual subscriptions! Along with much better communication also.

:agree:

Andy Bee
11-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Just received the same email. As much as I understand it's going to be/they're going for a much improved service, it still doesn't cut it that it's going to take till October until it's up and running. Regardless of unforseen circumstances, this shouldn't have been taken care of in advance before asking people for full annual subscriptions! Along with much better communication also.

It's the same old story with Hibs TV. I'm not overseas but subscribe for the audio commentary and highlights etc and have done for a number of years (yes Stuart I still remember and god help you when I see you :wink:). Why in this age of technology they can't put a live game over the internet is beyond me, I'm pretty sure I could do that with my phone now at a pretty decent quality. What I couldn't capture is past interviews with the likes of Eddie Turnbull (we used to love playing Rangers we'd take the pesh right out of them) and Lawrie Reilly, the dinner dance in the Sheraton in honour of Pat Stanton, the legends v the greats match with Gordon Strachan proclaiming his Hibbyness, it's moments like that I subscribe for and TBH if the live commentary works then that's just a bonus. :greengrin

Boyle89
11-09-2014, 01:22 AM
I recently signed up cause I work Saturdays, since the app is now useless, I was looking forward to watching/ listening to the games. Sounds like it's a wasted purchase now :(.

GreenLake
11-09-2014, 03:37 AM

I am very glad to hear they have decided to replace the dialup connection and get a decent amount of bandwidth. :greengrin

Septimus
11-09-2014, 04:06 AM
Will we at least get a decent commentary on Saturday ?

Berwickhibby
11-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the information Hongkonghibee, but this is another example of how poorly the Club treat their fans. This system should have been up and running for the first home game of the season. Alternatively they could have kept Hibs TV xtra running until it was. It will not be until October until we see our first live home (Maybe) SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH HIBS............ Shambles

hongkonghibee
11-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Fair enough and that explains it in detail and it wasn`t their fault etc. but why didn`t they just send that exact e-mail (bcc to protect e-mails) to all subscribers? :confused: It`s clear that the new vid service will be vastly superior to any previous one, judging by the quality of the first huns game, so that`s fantastic and I am really excited about it, but I don`t understand the complete absence of communication to just let everyone know what`s going on.

Totally agree with you. why not send this exact same email to all subscribers, and also post it as a news item on the official site. Surely its the most efficient and fastest way of keeping all of us informed . Isn't that what the official site is for? Communication is still a big problem within our Club . I had hoped with the appointment of LD that this would have improved by now, but it seems not.
Only Hibs could turn a very positive and exciting new live video service for overseas supporters into another PR mistake. Here's hoping that once all the I.T. infrastructure is in place, that finally after years of patchy service that at last we will have a good quality live video service that we deserve.

Berwickhibby
11-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I have emailed Leeann Dempster direct looking for an explanation of why this service is not up and running, why there has been poor or no communication for the overseas subscribers and suggested that they use the Hibs TV Xtra system until the new system is up and running. I look forward to a response.........

Gus Fring
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM
I have emailed Leeann Dempster direct looking for an explanation of why this service is not up and running, why there has been poor or no communication for the overseas subscribers and suggested that they use the Hibs TV Xtra system until the new system is up and running. I look forward to a response.........

From the looks of the email quoted above, the problem is with the internet coming in to the stadium rather than anything Hibs have done so that would prevent the usage of any system. It doesn't say who the provider is but it'll probably be BT. Perhaps subscribers should be emailing them instead as I get the impression it's them that are causing the problems?

PeeJay
11-09-2014, 03:59 PM
From the looks of the email quoted above, the problem is with the internet coming in to the stadium rather than anything Hibs have done so that would prevent the usage of any system. It doesn't say who the provider is but it'll probably be BT. Perhaps subscribers should be emailing them instead as I get the impression it's them that are causing the problems?

Don't see that at all, myself - paid my 90 quid up front for the service and wasn't informed at the time before or when I made the payment that the line wasn't even installed/running - I can't blame BT for that, my contract is with the club - where the blame lies seems obvious too me.

hibbybrian
11-09-2014, 04:00 PM

Subscribers to HibsTV have entered into a Contract with the Club who entered into a Contract with the Internet Provider.

Whilst the delay may well be the responsibility of the Provider, the Club are responsible to update their subscribers of the lack of provision of the service they have contracted to provide.

Gus Fring
11-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Don't see that at all, myself - paid my 90 quid up front for the service and wasn't informed at the time before or when I made the payment that the line wasn't even installed/running - I can't blame BT for that, my contract is with the club - where the blame lies seems obvious too me.

Subscribers to HibsTV have entered into a Contract with the Club who entered into a Contract with the Internet Provider.

Whilst the delay may well be the responsibility of the Provider, the Club are responsible to update their subscribers of the lack of provision of the service they have contracted to provide.

Beg pardon gents, I wasn't saying the club should get off the hook at all because I agree that this should have been sorted out before the season started and certainly before any payments were taken, that's a nonsense in itself and the club should be issuing partial refunds IMO.

I was just pointing out that using the new video provider or the old video provider won't make a difference because if the internet is disconnected/faulty it won't matter.

Septimus
12-09-2014, 12:36 AM
None of this stops the provision of, at the very least, a decent audio commentary for Saturday's match. Surely we will not have to put up with drivel of the last home match commentary.

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 09:07 AM
It's not really that daft a question and the answer is actually Yes you could, however you would have be be a little bit "computer savy" by that I mean you would have to use Proxy Servers / VPN to make it look like your comupter is in another country then sign up. I'm guessing like most of these things will use IP address regcognition to know where you are.

So by using a service that allows your IP address to "move" then you would be able to watch it wherever.

That's not taking into account any legal issues though.

Dunno if it works on Windows, as I use Linux, but SelekTOR (http://www.dazzleships.net/?page_id=71) is really good. Makes it less complicated for the non computer geniuses among us.

Berwickhibby
15-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Today I got a response from Leeann Dempster who basically confirmed the information that Andrew Sleight and sent out. It was pleasing to get a response from the CEO and she mentioned in her email that the date for replacing this bespoke broad band link is at least 4 weeks away and therefore the next home game will not be streamed.

California-Hibs
15-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Today I got a response from Leeann Dempster who basically confirmed the information that Andrew Sleight and sent out. It was pleasing to get a response from the CEO and she mentioned in her email that the date for replacing this bespoke broad band link is at least 4 weeks away and therefore the next home game will not be streamed.

Trying.to.stay.calm.....!!!! Grrr

Callum_62
15-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Trying.to.stay.calm.....!!!! Grrr

4 weeks away takes us to 14th October

Next home game after that is Hearts on 26th October - this will easily be findable online for free anyway

Next home game after that is Sunday 15th November

Thats class.

The Green Goblin
15-09-2014, 07:35 PM
90 pounds...

Callum_62
15-09-2014, 07:44 PM
90 pounds...

They did say 'the majority' of games - I still think that will be right come November :greengrin