PDA

View Full Version : are we finished?

cloudy
07-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Haven't seen or heard from AS since our latest addition, has he said if we are still looking to bring in 1 or 2 more? Is O'Dea on the radar what about mcfadden? Or is that us until January?

down-the-slope
07-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I would say finished. Was made clear we have overspent playing budget already and further with new Striker. We can't free up wages by releasing anyone more (who would agree to go and not be paid if they can't be registered with another club till Jan)

Other than CH / RB we have numbers for most positions (could argue all day about merits of each and whether they are good enough)

Hopefully Hanlon fit (I think Alloa pitch was reason for not risking) and Gray stays fit

neil7908
07-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Would really have liked a couple more in but think this will be it. Unless we can offload players in January this may be it for the season...

Michael
07-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Absolutely astonishing that we can be over-budget with such a small and inexperienced squad.

The_Horde
07-09-2014, 08:34 AM
We've had a midfielder and defender on trial recently. I'd say we're still looking but only for the right quality.

Ronniekirk
07-09-2014, 09:00 AM
;4160607']We've had a midfielder and defender on trial recently. I'd say we're still looking but only for the right quality.
Like to think so ,but may depend on what we ended up having to fork out to get Malonga as the priority was a replacement for Farid so Malonga s agent would know that .But if we are over Budget and pushing to come right back up this season then you would assume if the right player is identified then we would push the boat out further to get them in .
But I think if we don't get someone else in this week then that will be it till January .

The Leith Dutch
07-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Absolutely astonishing that we can be over-budget with such a small and inexperienced squad.

12 seniors + 3 loans out and 5 seniors + 4 loans in.
That's a net loss of 6 players.

While I don't think we'll be paying top dollar for the players we brought in I'd imagine that they'll be on a decent wage - probably above what Caldwell, Murdoch and Cairney for example were on.

Given that I'd say it's probably about what I'd expect for the budget cut we'll have had - especially given that budget will have been set with not getting promotion this season taken into account. A second season also presumably without the parachute payment and possibly without the cash bonus of 4 home games against sevco and the yams

CalgaryHibs
07-09-2014, 09:10 AM

Totally agree wtf?

Big_Franck
07-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I hope we are not finished as we desperately need a defensive midfielder. We've gone from having loads of them to not having a single one in a year. IMO neither Craig or Robertson can play the sitting/defensive midfield role and if we plan to persist with them in there then we as a team and they as individuals are going to struggle.

I was no fan of Tudor Jones but when I seen he'd been released I assumed it was because we already had a replacement lined up. I'm hoping we have and it's just taking a bit longer than expected to get it over the line.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2014, 09:38 AM

Not really, LD has already stated she can't believe how badly the club had been run before she arrived. Its no surprise when you think about what she has said, money is tight.

I remember Mikey stating a year 18 months ago, that the club had rained in its spending that much on administration and the shop that it was actually affecting their performance and image to the customer.

Why would it be any different with the rest of the business?

Big_Franck
07-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Not really, LD has already stated she can't believe how badly the club had been run before she arrived. Its no surprise when you think about what she has said, money is tight.

Add in the fact that we are about 2,000 down on season ticket sales and from that reduced income we are still paying the worst managerial team in living memory and it was obvious we were going to have a smaller squad. LD is smart and i'm sure she realised that from the start. She has been trying to get us used to the idea of having a smaller squad for weeks now. The problem she has is our nightmare start has left a lot of us looking at the squad and wondering if it is really enough to challenge. Time will tell on that but i'm not very optimistic at the moment.

HFC 0-7
07-09-2014, 10:11 AM
12 seniors + 3 loans out and 5 seniors + 4 loans in.
That's a net loss of 6 players.

While I don't think we'll be paying top dollar for the players we brought in I'd imagine that they'll be on a decent wage - probably above what Caldwell, Murdoch and Cairney for example were on.

Given that I'd say it's probably about what I'd expect for the budget cut we'll have had - especially given that budget will have been set with not getting promotion this season taken into account. A second season also presumably without the parachute payment and possibly without the cash bonus of 4 home games against sevco and the yams

We let 24 players go at the end of the season and into the start of this one. That must be a huge chunk off the playing staff.

scoopyboy
07-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I would say finished. Was made clear we have overspent playing budget already and further with new Striker. We can't free up wages by releasing anyone more (who would agree to go and not be paid if they can't be registered with another club till Jan)

Other than CH / RB we have numbers for most positions (could argue all day about merits of each and whether they are good enough)

Hopefully Hanlon fit (I think Alloa pitch was reason for not risking) and Gray stays fit

Somebody should really tell Lewis Toshney if this is the case.

SMAXXA
07-09-2014, 10:43 AM

:greengrin Just being good old chaps and offering him training facilities.

scoopyboy
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
:greengrin Just being good old chaps and offering him training facilities.

My take on it is, AS admits to having LT in on trial but admits a striker was his priority. Striker now signed but probably allowed another defender in.

Slightly different topic, I see you ran Super League Armadale close yesterday at millfield and your two of your old clubs have drawn each other in the Scottish (Tranent v. Edinburgh Utd for those watching in black and white).

Eyrie
07-09-2014, 12:12 PM
We let 24 players go at the end of the season and into the start of this one. That must be a huge chunk off the playing staff.
24 is a misleading number. Many of those were youngsters on a low wage who will have been replaced in the youth squad by 16 year olds on a similar wage.

The key is to look at the senior players that have moved on and the number of replacements that have been brought in. We have no way of knowing whether the new arrivals are on more or less than the departures, other than that they all look to be decent players.

Hibeewilly
07-09-2014, 12:41 PM
James McFadden might still be coming in I think

SteveHFC
07-09-2014, 12:44 PM
James McFadden might still be coming in I think

Source?

Hibeewilly
07-09-2014, 12:46 PM
A decent source Steve without divulging it but suffice to say our offer isn't great and he is holding out for more. I didnt ask what our offer is

jacomo
07-09-2014, 12:48 PM
O'Dea training at Celtic Park but seemingly not yet fully recovered from injury. Would be a coup if we got him but imagine he'll have more lucrative offers on the table.

S4uzee
07-09-2014, 01:03 PM
O'Dea training at Celtic Park but seemingly not yet fully recovered from injury. Would be a coup if we got him but imagine he'll have more lucrative offers on the table.

Not a chance he will be at Hibs IMO

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2014, 02:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29088669

LancsHibs
07-09-2014, 02:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29088669

From that I'm taking it that he has spoken to us but isn't interested, unless of course he doesn't get a better, 'more exciting' offer soon had will have to revisit one of the 2 Scottish clubs that have spoken to him (assuming we are one of the two)

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2014, 03:22 PM
From that I'm taking it that he has spoken to us but isn't interested, unless of course he doesn't get a better, 'more exciting' offer soon had will have to revisit one of the 2 Scottish clubs that have spoken to him (assuming we are one of the two)

I think he has spoken to us LH but we will be the last to know of any development as usual.

northeast hibby
07-09-2014, 03:40 PM

heard at a junior game on Saturday Lewis had signed on Friday night, no idea if true or not, guy seemed to know about his trial with hearts and how they couldn't afford to sign him

Lucius Apuleius
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I think he has spoken to us LH but we will be the last to know of any development as usual.

As it should be IMO.

weonlywon6-2
07-09-2014, 05:14 PM

I think the money has gone other places instead of the squad,how many backroom staff did we bring in ??

J-C
07-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I think the money has gone other places instead of the squad,how many backroom staff did we bring in ??

Probably more the fact we're still paying Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to look after their gardens.

Ronniekirk
07-09-2014, 06:05 PM

If we are his last port of call when he has not had any other offer then would question how motivated he would be That's the last thing we need right now .

Jonnyboy
07-09-2014, 06:13 PM

If you include the current vacancy, three more than we shipped out. Personally I think it's important to get the backroom staff right and I doubt their arrival had any effect on the player budget

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2014, 09:00 PM
As it should be IMO.

Really?

Why?

:rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Really?

Why?

:rolleyes:

Why should they tell us if they are still trying to sign someone else? Prefer hearing things once they are signed sealed and delivered. Any announcements before that going tits up would just see even more abuse thrown at the club.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Why should they tell us if they are still trying to sign someone else? Prefer hearing things once they are signed sealed and delivered. Any announcements before that going tits up would just see even more abuse thrown at the club.

Well after that fiasco last week a bit of good news might be welcome news but I get where you are coming from, we need a shot in the arm and signing him would be a massive boost.

Callum_62
07-09-2014, 10:34 PM
thread on the bounce reckon Toshney has signed

cloudy
08-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Looks like toshney has signed, which means its unlikely that DOD will be coming, but did I read on Fontaine that he can play defensive midfield? or was that another centre back we were looking at?

JimBHibees
08-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Toshney will be reasonable cover for defence as can play full back and right back. Good to see the squad being strengthened.

California-Hibs
08-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Has Toshney definitely signed?

MrRobot
08-09-2014, 11:35 AM
What we have to remember aswell is that we more than likely will have had to pay higher wages to the players we brought in to attract them to us in a lower divison, Allan especially I would imagine had offers elsewhere in a higher league.

That said though, while reducing our wage bill by releasing palyers, we have also cut most players wages in half so woulda thought there would be a bit more to spend.

JDHibs
08-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Not to forget we are still paying butchers/malpas' wages for god knows how much longer.

For them to have left ICT, we would have had to pay them a decent wage.

scoopyboy
08-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Nothing definite is what I'm being told.

southsider
08-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Don't know about backroom staff but directors renumeration for the 4 years until 2013 amounted to £1,347,406. A quite staggering amount.

bigwheel
08-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Don't know about backroom staff but directors renumeration for the 4 years until 2013 amounted to £1,347,406. A quite staggering amount.

300k a year for all our exec directors and non execs - not out of proportion I would suggest ....

jacomo
08-09-2014, 02:37 PM

How many individuals does this cover? That's £337k a year, or seven people getting a bit less than £50k p.a.

southsider
08-09-2014, 04:57 PM
The accounts don't tell us that only what the highest paid director earned. However, Directors payments were nearly £500,00 five years ago and were down to less than £160,000 in 2013.

scoopyboy
08-09-2014, 05:03 PM

I think this is now in doubt.

The players were off Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

He wasn't at training today.