PDA

View Full Version : At least we're not Bristol Rovers

Waxy
06-09-2014, 06:26 PM
As bad as things have been, they could be worse.
We could be Bristol Rovers who have fallen of the edge of the earth into the non leagues whilst Bristol City fans hysterically laugh at them.

Anyone/else worse off than us?

Sir David Gray
06-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Sevco? :dunno:

Del Boy
06-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Being a Dundee fan can't have been much fun for the last 30 odd years!

Scottie
06-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Being a Dundee fan can't have been much fun for the last 30 odd years!

Being a Hibs fan has hardly been a bunch o roses the last 30 years either :rolleyes:

scuttle
06-09-2014, 06:51 PM
As bad as things have been, they could be worse.
We could be Bristol Rovers who have fallen of the edge of the earth into the non leagues whilst Bristol City fans hysterically laugh at them.

Anyone/else worse off than us?

Stockport County. Their fall from grace is probably worse than Bristol Rovers

Greencore
06-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Queens park.

FranckSuzy
06-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Middlesbrough

Viva_Palmeiras
06-09-2014, 07:09 PM
What happened to Notts County? You've also got Leeds. What about Doncaster or Darlington.

The thing is tho we are Hibs and it's what's been happening to us that counts - too busy laughing at the yams last season and look what happened to us!

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 07:12 PM
East Fife.

A Scottish Cup and 3 League Cups in the late 30s through early 50s and then spent pretty much all of the last 50 years in the lower leagues.

In Europe Stade Reims and Ferencvaros have fallen quite some way from their heydays.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Hearts. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Yes it could have been worse we could have got ourselves relegated in the very same season that we were supposed to be pissing ourselves laughing at the demise of our closest rivals.

AgentDaleCooper
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Yes it could have been worse we could have got ourselves relegated in the very same season that we were supposed to be pissing ourselves laughing at the demise of our closest rivals.

yup. thank fk we didn't hold a relegation party at their ground on the day we were supposed to relegate them, only to loose the match, sending us further towards the brink. that would have been as stupid as that team who brought cardboard-cut out cups to the derby after winning the league cup, only to loose the game.

i know i'm sounding like a yam, but i really do despair at our club sometimes - genuinely seems like collectively we sometimes make utterly moronic decisions. i find it embarrassing that people still try to lord it over hearts because of some moral high ground. they might be cheats, but we are the fking embarrassment.

NAE NOOKIE
07-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Actually the City of Bristol aint got a lot to crow about. It is England's 6th largest city with a population of nearly half a million ... its greater urban area brings that up to about a million. You would think they would have done better.

I remember we played Bristol City in the Anglo Scottish cup and their programme had an extremely patronising bit about wee clubs like Hibs having to sell players. They were in the top division in those days .... how the mighty have fallen. Cant say I'm sorry given the 'up themselves' tone they had then.

Lago
07-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Luton Town, only now back in league football, loved watching them when I lived down there.

jacomo
07-09-2014, 12:45 PM
yup. thank fk we didn't hold a relegation party at their ground on the day we were supposed to relegate them, only to loose the match, sending us further towards the brink. that would have been as stupid as that team who brought cardboard-cut out cups to the derby after winning the league cup, only to loose the game.

i know i'm sounding like a yam, but i really do despair at our club sometimes - genuinely seems like collectively we sometimes make utterly moronic decisions. i find it embarrassing that people still try to lord it over hearts because of some moral high ground. they might be cheats, but we are the fking embarrassment.

Undeniably we are going through bad times, but we can always claim moral high ground against the poppy thieves.

blackpoolhibs
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
I wonder if there are threads like this on any of the SPL clubs message boards, saying at least we are not Hibs? I find it sad we have threads like these from time to time, while we stumble from one disaster after another.

And then try and find some comfort in how bad some other club or clubs are doing?

Bronson
07-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Leeds have had it rough when you consider where they were, same with Nottingham Forest. Bradford, Oldham, Barnsley were once Premier League teams as well which is strange to think.

But the worst, the very worst has to be Portsmouth. Christ that must be grim supporting them nowadays.

LancsHibs
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Blackpool, their shambles dwarfs anything we have endured!

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Talking about yo-yo clubs though, you would have to include Wolves. A leading English club and then nearly bust, all the way back to EPL them two drops.

IanM
07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Grasshopper Zurich

Billy McKirdy
07-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Both Sheffield clubs have flattered to deceive in recent times as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Rot Weiss Essen, statues of German internationals outside their stadium but, in the wilderness in the depths of German football.

TRC
07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Probably worse than us but GAIS in Sweden have been on a rough ride for the last 50 years their heyday being in the 50s now very much a constant fixture in superettan

MWHIBBIES
07-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Leeds have had it rough when you consider where they were, same with Nottingham Forest. Bradford, Oldham, Barnsley were once Premier League teams as well which is strange to think.

But the worst, the very worst has to be Portsmouth. Christ that must be grim supporting them nowadays.Yet they still turn up and support their club.

Bronson
07-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Yet they still turn up and support their club.

Not really sure what you're getting at there, but Portsmouth's crowds have dwindled massively, for obvious reasons I suppose.

stu in nottingham
07-09-2014, 03:52 PM
What happened to Notts County?

Holding their own mid-table in League 1. Surviving on a budget, they've had a lot worse days (and a good few better ones!). I go to watch them sometimes.

Caversham Green
07-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Oxford United.

A few years before the Mercer atrocity the fat obnoxious owner of Oxford United (he claimed to be a FLB rather than a FTB, but in truth was the worst form of capitalism imaginable) tried to 'merge' his top-tier, cup-winning club with the small but worthy club that was Reading FC. He failed, took a long bath and his club dropped out of the English leagues while the Royals have gone from strength to strength.

Never was a fall from grace (and the deck of a yacht) more welcome.

Hibs Class
07-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Rangers. That club died. Everyone knows it, including their own support. That they were immediately given a new club to support didn't take away that they died and that the newco has no history beyond a couple of years. That will really hurt.

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Rangers. That club died. Everyone knows it, including their own support. That they were immediately given a new club to support didn't take away that they died and that the newco has no history beyond a couple of years. That will really hurt.

It doesn't hurt them at all, all this newco with no history is spoke about by non Rangers fans only, as far as Rangers fans are concerned they are still the same with the same history.

Alfred E Newman
07-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Third Lanark. From 3rd top of the League with a fantastic forward line to oblivion in 5 years.

Haymaker
08-09-2014, 10:21 AM
I hate Portsmouth, horrible deluded fans. ***** stadium in a **** part of a **** city. Glad with what is happening to them. Hope they keep going down.