PDA

View Full Version : Why hibs? WHY?

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I love this club. My family love this club. Best part of 36 years I've been going home and away supporting them. Definitely by far and away hibs have been my biggest financial commitment in my life. The majority of best friends met have came from supporting hibs. Life long bonds because we have so much in common. A million losses highlited with a sprinkle of magic is the only way I can describe supporting hibs. But I have never wavered. I've always been there. Always.

Until now. What has happened to my football team. Some people might think I'm talking crap and over exaggerating, but this is how it feels. As fans we've been reduced to arguing with each other relentlessly over subject matters that we all claim to know best. Falling out about things that have been supposedly said or done. Ripping each other apart because you don't agree with each other's opinions. Is this what it's came to as fans. YES it has. And it saddens me.

We are a tiny shadow of our former selves and a complete and utter laughing stock for the rest of scottish football. There are fans of teams who couldn't spell European football or see more than 500 fans at a game ridiculing us nowadays. It's that low.

So what's happened. Well nothing's really happened, it's just came about as a result of seriously poor mis-management and lacklustre care from the owners and board of hibernian football club. The men and women, who most of are earning more than several of the playing staff combined have contrived over the years to A. Yes balance the books as best we can, but B. Starve us of any kind of football talent and sell what talent we have.

I believe we have a person (Leanne dempster) who can change the direction of the club. In fact I have no doubts. But until we change the real cancer in our club. (All of the men at the top, including the owner and certainly mr Petrie) we will strive to reach nothing.

Were now at our lowest ebb. We've now reduced our goals for the season again as realism hits home. Were does it end. How many more fans are we going to lose( possibly forever). How many more fans are going to fall out and argue on public sites like this to the point of destruction.

I don't know how we do it. But one thing is for sure. It's down to us as supporters to push, rally and enforce these changes. We need to come together en mass for things to change. 1500 at a rally doesn't quite cut the mustard. The boards blatant disrespect for every single one of us fans is what's killing us.

Why us?

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Perspective, so important in gauging life changing events.

Believe me, it is nothing like being told the worst possible news about a loved one. Honestly, it's not.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Perspective, so important in gauging life changing events.

Believe me, it is nothing like being told the worst possible news about a loved one. Honestly, it's not.

It's not, your right, but I got caught up in it there a little. I spend most Saturday mornings catching up on what's been said on hibs.net. And it's becoming increasingly hard to see us as fans being torn apart like this.

Juice-Terry
06-09-2014, 09:29 AM
It's not, your right, but I got caught up in it there a little. I spend most Saturday mornings catching up on what's been said on hibs.net. And it's becoming increasingly hard to see us as fans being torn apart like this.

Still, excellent OP though. :agree:

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 09:30 AM
We are all hurting but it's not worth worrying over ar like Petrie and Farmer. There is life after Hibs.

Yes again your right also, but hibs are a part of the life I have. A very big part

Leitherhibs
06-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Great post.

Phil D. Rolls
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM

Fair enough mate. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2014, 09:34 AM
I love this club. My family love this club. Best part of 36 years I've been going home and away supporting them. Definitely by far and away hibs have been my biggest financial commitment in my life. The majority of best friends met have came from supporting hibs. Life long bonds because we have so much in common. A million losses highlited with a sprinkle of magic is the only way I can describe supporting hibs. But I have never wavered. I've always been there. Always.

Until now. What has happened to my football team. It feels like the doctor has told me the worst news ever about your closest family member. Some people might think I'm talking crap and over exaggerating, but this is how it feels. As fans we've been reduced to arguing with each other relentlessly over subject matters that we all claim to know best. Falling out about things that have been supposedly said or done. Ripping each other apart because you don't agree with each other's opinions. Is this what it's came to as fans. YES it has. And it saddens me.

We are a tiny shadow of our former selves and a complete and utter laughing stock for the rest of scottish football. There are fans of teams who couldn't spell European football or see more than 500 fans at a game ridiculing us nowadays. It's that low.

So what's happened. Well nothing's really happened, it's just came about as a result of seriously poor mis-management and lacklustre care from the owners and board of hibernian football club. The men and women, who most of are earning more than several of the playing staff combined have contrived over the years to A. Yes balance the books as best we can, but B. Starve us of any kind of football talent and sell what talent we have.

I believe we have a person (Leanne dempster) who can change the direction of the club. In fact I have no doubts. But until we change the real cancer in our club. (All of the men at the top, including the owner and certainly mr Petrie) we will strive to reach nothing.

Were now at our lowest ebb. We've now reduced our goals for the season again as realism hits home. Were does it end. How many more fans are we going to lose( possibly forever). How many more fans are going to fall out and argue on public sites like this to the point of destruction.

I don't know how we do it. But one thing is for sure. It's down to us as supporters to push, rally and enforce these changes. We need to come together en mass for things to change. 1500 at a rally doesn't quite cut the mustard. The boards blatant disrespect for every single one of us fans is what's killing us.

Why us?

Do you know what i think is the saddest thing in all of this? Its not a fantastic talent like Leigh Griffiths who we are looking towards to get us out the sheite, its not a terrific goalkeeper like Alan Rough or Jim Leighton who is going to save unsaveable efforts against us, or a Rob Jones type captain who will drive us forward and lift the team in its drive to promotion.

No its Leeanne Dempster that a lot of people are hanging their hats on getting the team right, thats the saddest thing for me.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Do you know what i think is the saddest thing in all of this? Its not a fantastic talent like Leigh Griffiths who we are looking towards to get us out the sheite, its not a terrific goalkeeper like Alan Rough or Jim Leighton who is going to save unsaveable efforts against us, or a Rob Jones type captain who will drive us forward and lift the team in its drive to promotion.

No its Leeanne Dempster that a lot of people are hanging their hats on getting the team right, thats the saddest thing for me.

But she's the one that will bring back the sauzee, latapy and griffiths back if she is given the right backing

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2014, 10:12 AM
But she's the one that will bring back the sauzee, latapy and griffiths back if she is given the right backing

They'd all get a game too, even at their age.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 10:18 AM
They'd all get a game too, even at their age.

You're not wrong there mate. I'm a realist and I know that we will probably never entice players with such a background of those guys unless our game in scotland changes like it has in England (not going to happen). But I'd like to think we could compete near the top one day

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2014, 10:28 AM
You're not wrong there mate. I'm a realist and I know that we will probably never entice players with such a background of those guys unless our game in scotland changes like it has in England (not going to happen). But I'd like to think we could compete near the top one day

We SHOULD be competing in the top league, and should be at least punching our weight. What the hell was all the foundations laid down for if its was not to have the best chance of doing this?

Mismanagement from the very top for much too long, and LD is brought in to clear up their mess while they still sit in the background pulling the strings.

MrRobot
06-09-2014, 10:41 AM
The other thing is, if our aim is for winning the league and we don't manage that, then ultimately they are putting across the message that AS has failed. What after that? He is on a 1 year rolling contract, do we then start another process of looking for yet another manager as he has been given a tough expectation with little preparation.

connerg
06-09-2014, 11:20 AM
I know how you feel. There are times i can't believe we've been relegated, then i say to myself we deserve to be there. No we don't, the board deserve to be sacked with no pay-off. How can they allow a club to decline so rapidly in the last three years? I honestly think they are utterly clueless at this moment in particular. They've been in crisis management for three months. Meanwhile we sit joint second bottom of the first division.

Lago
06-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Two points.
Not just hibs at a low ebb, Scottish football in general is.
2) Never comfortable when events, people discribed as a cancer in an organisation, if anyone, like me, has had a relative suffer from what is a horrible desease they will know what I mean.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Two points.
2) Never comfortable when events, people discribed as a cancer in an organisation, if anyone, like me, has had a relative suffer from what is a horrible desease they will know what I mean.

I not meaning any disrespect to anyone when I used the word cancer in my OP. It was used to describe the situation rather than having anything to do with anyone's medical status.

Apologies

#FromTheCapital
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Two points.

We all know Scottish football is poor these days but that's no excuse for the situation we find ourselves in. If anything it makes it even worse. We should've been aiming for second spot in the spl with hearts and rangers temporarily out of the picture, instead we got relegated. Inexcusable.
Regarding your second 'point', it clearly wasn't intended to offend anyone. I know a few people who have been affected and I have no idea what you mean.

Great post by the way Helensburgh Hibs.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 02:27 PM
We all know Scottish football is poor these days but that's no excuse for the situation we find ourselves in. If anything it makes it even worse. We should've been aiming for second spot in the spl with hearts and rangers temporarily out of the picture, instead we got relegated. Inexcusable.
Regarding your second 'point', it clearly wasn't intended to offend anyone. I know a few people who have been affected and I have no idea what you mean.

Great post by the way Helensburgh Hibs.

👍

Lago
06-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I not meaning any disrespect to anyone when I used the word cancer in my OP. It was used to describe the situation rather than having anything to do with anyone's medical status.

Apologies
No apology needed. I was only trying to make the point that irrespective of what Bill Shankley said, a football club is not more important than life and death. I fully accept hibs have fallen along way.

scoopyboy
06-09-2014, 02:41 PM

I think at the moment I'm hanging my hat on her Blackpool, she needs time but I believe she will sort it.

I also think she will stir up a hornet's nest and there will be high level casualties.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I think at the moment I'm hanging my hat on her Blackpool, she needs time but I believe she will sort it.

I also think she will stir up a hornet's nest and there will be high level casualties.

That's spot on. For change to happen on the pitch the change has to be made at the top. My hats hung on her also as the person to push for the change

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2014, 02:43 PM

I hope you are right Scoops. :pray:

sahib
06-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Until now. What has happened to my football team. Some people might think I'm talking crap and over exaggerating, but this is how it feels. As fans we've been reduced to arguing with each other relentlessly over subject matters that we all claim to know best. Falling out about things that have been supposedly said or done. Ripping each other apart because you don't agree with each other's opinions. Is this what it's came to as fans. YES it has. And it saddens me.

Why us?

Added to seeing the country riven with division, it is not a fun time at the moment. Some might say the greater events unfolding around us should put the plight of Hibs into perspective but I find they are cumulative depressing factors for me.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Good and I think heartfelt OP.

In my 30 0dd years going to watch Hibs I doubt we have been lower. The board and owner must accept responsibility for the long term malaise which has brought us to this point. I wouldn't get too het up over on line squabbling and disagreements though, its only natural for tempers to get frayed and disagreements to happen when folk are watching the club they love self destruct. When things turn around ( got to hope they will ) folk will all be pals again.

Don't go blaming Scottish football for our demise though. All clubs here have been badly affected by the greed now endemic in European football. Our best young players either go to EPL clubs to rot in the reserves or sign for lower league clubs who are minnows compared to the likes of Hibs, but because of TV money can pay 2 or 3 times what we can. The sums of money being paid for and to players by the big clubs in Europe are insane and inflate what clubs are expected to pay all the way to the bottom.

Blah blah blah ...... I digress :greengrin

GGTTH .................... C'mon folks ........... one day it will get better.

gorgie greens
07-09-2014, 06:07 AM
I know many a Hibs fan who will not set foot in ER until there are changes at the top and feel things will get worse before they get better and by that im thinking that the sheite has still to hit the fan then something will have to give,more news comming out about only knowing your budget 3 or 4 days before the window shuts is further fuel to the fire.
one way or another LD has got to get the wrong doing and imcopetence of the way OUR club has been getting run out in to public domain and make more people
start facing the facts that these people are killing our club.
i feel sorry for AS in this as he is in my opinion doing a more than decent job but needs to be giving the tools that will allow us to compete and go up at first time of asking.