PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 "I was there" games.

lyonhibs
06-09-2014, 12:31 AM
As I contemplate my attendance in Dortmund this weekend, I must admit I let my mind slip to the realms of thinking "what if.......what if we won".

It would be one of the most extraordinary games I've ever seen without doubt, with left me thinking what are your top 5 "I was there" games of football? Hibs and/or Scotland.

I don't mean decent games that were good but nothing special (i.e. one of my most bonkers celebrations was a last minute OG winner in a 2-1 win against St Mirren, but that game won't feature in the history books in 20 years).

Games you were there for in the stadium (I missed CIS '07 thanks to some shoddy ticket organising from a mate)

1) Rangers 0 - Hibs 3 Scottish Cup 2005 (?) - back when we used to murder them 3-0 as a matter of course
2) Hearts 0 - Hibernian 1 (2007) - The Brian Kerr debut, when Romanov charged us the thick end of £40 to sit in their ****heap of a stadium. Cheap at the price
3) Hibs 2 - Hearts 1 - Benji scoring the winner, Scott Brown blowing kisses at Hartley, the game after the disgrace of the "Zibi" SC semi final
4) Hibs 2 - Aberdeen 1 SC Semi final 2012. Granted, no-one knew what was coming, but the trip back from Oxford via London was entirely worth it.
5) Hibs 2 - Rangers 1 November 2005, just after George Best died. Could have been about 4-0 after 30 minutes. That wee toad Ferguson got sent off having been ruined by Thomson all game long. Singing "cheerio cheerio" to him from the East was especially delightful.

Remember when football was fun??

P.S. Auld boys rattling off one extraordinary European result after the other are not welcome here..............

Billychaotic182
06-09-2014, 12:52 AM
1. Killie 1 Hibs 5. CIS cup final
2. Hibs v Rangers semi final win on penalties
3 Hibs endings hearts unbeaten run 2-0 with goals from boozy and Gaz
4 hibs beating Celtic with two mistakes by the holy goalie. Fletchers and the squiggler
5 hibs 1 hearts 0 spoonys strike zals og. Good way to shut them up

SteveHFC
06-09-2014, 12:54 AM
1) CIS Cup Final 2007
2) Hibs 6-2 Hearts
3) Hibs 3-2 AEK
4) Hibs 1-1 Rangers League Cup Semi-Final 2004
5) Scotland 1-0 Holland Euro 2004 Play off 1st Leg

Pete
06-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1. League cup final 2007. The original 5-1 achieved without cheating.

Hibs 4 Falkirk 3. 2013 Scottish cup semi. Probably the greatest comeback I've seen.

Kilmarnock 2 Hibs 4. 2013 Scottish cup. Pure mayhem.

Hibs 1 Hearts 0. 2012 Scottish cup (it was some run). I've never been so nervous before a game in my life and was ****ting myself. The relief and madness at the end was something else.

Rangers 0 Hibs 3. 2006? Scottish cup. Brilliant performance and result. Dreamland after the second.

The unbeatables derby and the 7-0 Livingston game just miss out as do others that I can't remember.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-09-2014, 02:33 AM
Hibs 5-1 Killie CIS Cup Final
Hibs 4-3 Falkrik - No words are needed.
Hibs 2-1 Hearts 2014 NY Edinburgh Derby
Rangers 0-3 Hibs Scottish Cup
Kilmarnock 2-4 Hibs SC QF - Griff hatrick.

Probably another couple but have seemed to forgot.

JohnStephens91
06-09-2014, 02:37 AM
1. Hibs 4-3 Falkirk - It was just an unreal game, never before had a single game of football ripped every grain of optimism out of my being before building me back up to being exciting and giddy. Not only were my emotions destroyed during the game, but so too my body as I pulled muscles in my leg, arm and shoulder celebrating Doyle's equaliser. Not ashamed to say that I cried on more than one occasion during the game :greengrin

2. Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock - To date it is the only trophy (barring the Division 1 title) that I have seen Hibs win. I remember every little detail of the game and of course before it as well. It summed up what being a Hibs fan was all about - family. My granddad was there in 1972, my dad was there in 1991 (when I was 23 days old) and in 2007 I was there with my dad and my sister. Sunshine on Leith at the end was brilliant too. It was just an awe inspiring day and one that made me think of my granddad and how much he would have loved it.

3. Hibs 6-2 Hearts - My dad was reluctant to take me to a derby, I pestered him and pestered him. I got a ticket for this game on my 9th birthday and went not really knowing what to expect. Obviously everything was fantastic for me, and the rest of the Hibs support, on the way out of the game my dad said to me - "It's not always like this, don't get used to it." Oh boy was he right :rolleyes:

4. Hibs 9-0 Montrose - One from left-field, but one I enjoyed all the same. It is the biggest scoreline I have seen Hibs rack up, and probably will be unless we get drawn out against a really poor side in the Scottish Cup like Golspie Sutherland.

5. Hibs 3-2 AEK Athens - We knew it was a tall order to come from two goals down, AEK Athens being one of the best known Greek sides and with a plethora of Greek internationalists who would later go on to win Euro 2004. Luna's brace had the chance to turn into a hat-trick, then Vassilis Tsartas scored an absolute raker and followed it up with a header. David Zitelli with a long-range strike to win it on the night. A great game to have been at, the spirit of the side and the atmosphere was amazing.

Honourable mentions - any of the 0-3's at Ibrox, 1-3 at Celtic Park, 3-1 semi-final v St Johnstone, 2-1 De La Cruz derby, 1-0 81% possession derby... many more that I could list as well.

Barman Stanton
06-09-2014, 04:02 AM
Hibs 2 Dunfermline 1 League Cup Final 91 - my first cup final win.

Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1 League Cup Final 07 - Sunshine on Leith!

Hibs 6 Hearts 2 - their 2nd goal still annoys me.

Hibs 3 AEK 2 - for that atmosphere.

Hibs 4 Aston Villa 2 - Alan Sneddons testimonial. This is in cause my hero as a kid Kenny Dalglish played for Hibs!

H18sry
06-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Hearts 0 Hibs 7
France 0 Scotland 1
Hibs 5 Killie 1
Hibs 6 Hearts 2
And Hibs in Trinidad in 2000.

oregonhibby
06-09-2014, 06:02 AM
I am auld - tough!

His 8 Ayr 1
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1
Celtic 1 Hibs 2 League Cup Final
Hubs 2 Juventus 4 - Hibs were a good team Juve were wonderful

Like a good wine - age helps

H18sry
06-09-2014, 06:07 AM
I am auld - tough!

His 8 Ayr 1
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

Not with the spelling tho, or was that the wine :greengrin

I was also at these games but was too young to full appreciate them.

ArmadaleHibs
06-09-2014, 06:39 AM
1. Hearts 1-2 hibs. With Gordon Rae sent of, Kano and Steve archibauld scored. Remember it absolutely pissing down and celebrating our first win at tynie for years. Just a moment in time that's never left me.

2. Hibs 2-0 Dunfermline. Skol cup 1991. Not just because we win the cup but more because the size of the hibs support that day. 3 quarters of the ground was hibs. Rammed, and it was standing not sitting.

3. Hibs 3-2 AEK. I can't remember a better atmosphere at ER.

4. Hibs 2-1 rangers. Souness debut. Always remember how hot it was that day. Started the game in the old north stand. A large amount of rangers fans broke through the north stand barrier into the stand and me and my dad and many other hibs fans ended up in the cowshed.

5. Motherwell 6-6 hibs. I've never been to any game of football quite like that.

I could honestly list dozens of games for all sorts of reasons and it's also good to read other posters reasons for their choices. A very enjoyable an reminiscent thread

CallumLaidlaw
06-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock - 2007 CIS cup final. What a day!

Hibs 2-0 Dunfermline - 1991 League cup final. I was 10 - amazing memories

Rangers 0-3 Scottish cup 2006 - just remember the whole stand absolutely bouncing. Really did feel as if the thing was gonna collapse!!

Hibs 2-0 Hearts October 2005 - ended Hearts good start to the season, and more importantly, at the age of 24, it was the first Derby win I'd seen in the flesh.

Hibs 4-3 Falkirk - the first Hampden game for my son, he was 7. He still talks about it at most games.

Hibby Bairn
06-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Not necessarily wins or huge games but these 5 stick in my head for some reason or another:-

Hibs 2 -1 Hearts Scottish Cup 1979 QF IIRC
Dunfermline 3 - 3 Hibs circa late 80s first game of the season
Motherwell 1 - 2 Hibs circa early/mid 80s - Alan Sneddon scored the winner
Hibs 5 - 2 Dundee - Ralph Callachan maizy
Anderlecht 1 - 1 Hibs - great euro away trip

Newcastlehibby
06-09-2014, 07:04 AM
I am auld - tough!

His 8 Ayr 1
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

wasn't at Juventus match so would substitute Hibs 5 Napoli 0

big gogs
06-09-2014, 07:17 AM
0 7 game,we are unbeatable,the Ivan hat trick,6 2 stroll,Gordon hunter to end the 22 game run

Mon Dieu4
06-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Hibs 2 Dunfermline 0- Skol cup final, my first final and probably my favourite cup game of all time

Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1- another cup final victory

hearts 0 Hibs 3- the millennium derby is my favourite Hibs game of all time(non cup winning) as it had it all, wonder strike by Franck, Kenny Millers cool finish but most of all Latapy running the show, how he never scored in that game I will never know, bet Petric still has nightmares about the wee guy, they had just received their SMG money and spent it on high calibre signings like Fitzroy Simpson and Fabian Le Clerq:cb

Hibs 3 AEK 2- the best atmosphere I've ever been in at a football game bar none, was electric that night, still dunno how Luna missed that header at the end, but Zitellis goal was a rocket

Rangers 0 Hibs 3- scottish cup game, was great to get it up the, in their own place, we genuinely owned them around that time, but the fact the stand was rammed with Hibees made it more special, when we did the bounce you could feel it move under you

Mr White
06-09-2014, 07:19 AM

Hibs 4 Aston Villa 2 - Alan Sneddons testimonial. This is in cause my hero as a kid Kenny Dalglish played for Hibs!
Really sticks in the memory that 91 final, was squeaky bum time after the pars scored eh? :greengrin

Hibs07p
06-09-2014, 07:20 AM
The 3 winning League Cup Finals, 0-7 & 6-2.

GGTTH

oregonhibby
06-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Not with the spelling tho, or was that the wine :greengrin

I was also at these games but was too young to full appreciate them.

Tee hee. Big thumbs and wee iPhone. A glass or two aided the memory, if not the spelling!

bandylegs_jLeighton
06-09-2014, 07:21 AM
My most memorable are pretty predictable:

5-1 CIS Cup Final
6-2 v Hearts
0-3 v Hearts Millennium derby
Pens v Rangers in semi at Hampden
0-3 v Rangers in cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
06-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Predictably. ..

1. Hibs 6 Hearts 2
2. Rangers 0 Hibs 3 (cup)
3. Hibs 1 Hearts 0 (Brebner red card, Gaz 90th min goal, ensuing mayhem).
4. Hibs 2 Partick 1 (Bests home debut)
5. Hibs 5 Dundee 1 Agathe goal.
6. Malonga's debut vs Cowdenbeath :greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
06-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Naples 5-0
Hearts 7-0
Celtic 2-1 LC final
Hearts 6-2
Kilmarnock 5-1

6th would have been Dunfermline 2-0

Mr White
06-09-2014, 07:31 AM
1. Rangers skol semi
2. Skol cup final 91
3. 6 2
4. Rangers penalty semi
5. Cis cup final.

J-C
06-09-2014, 07:36 AM
1972 Cup winners cup Hibs 6 Sporting Portugal 1 O'Rourke hat trick
1972 Cup winners Hibs 7 KS Besa kavaje 1 Another O'rourke hat trick............as he was my favourite player this stood out for me.
1974 UEFA cup Hibs 9 Rosenborg 1 Hibs biggest win in europe.
2000 Hibs 6 Hearts 2 Just for Mixu's hat trick
2007 cup win Hibs 5 Killie 1 first final I took my daughter to.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Rangers 0 Hibs 3. Ivan hat trick.
Rangers 0 Hibs 3. Scottish Cup.
Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1. League Cup final.
Hearts 0 Hibs 3. Millenium derby.
Celtic 1 Hibs 3. 1st time I'd seen us win there.

Honourable mentions for CIS semi v Rangers penalty shoot out and a penalty shoot out win v Aberdeen in the mid to late 90s and Gordon Hunters goal at Tynescastle to end the 22 game run.

Was too young to really appreciate 1991 and missed 6-2 because I decided to play 5s with my mates instead. Only saw the 2nd half. Not one of my better decisions.

johncrobertson@
06-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Hearts 0-7 What can I say?

Hearts 0-4 - 4 goals in the first 10 minutes at ***********

Real Madrid - 2 -0 The Willie Hamilton show!

AEK Athens 3 -2 An unforgettable atmosphere

Napoli 5 -0 A Bobby Duncan rocket to get us started

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Rangers semi (Keith, Keith, Keith)
AEK @ ER
4-3 v Celtic @ ER in The Scottish
6-2 v them
1-0 @ Tynie (Hunter)
2-0 @ Tynie (Kane & Archie)

1-0 in Paris with Scotland

Theres plenty more, couldnae narrow it down to 5!

B.H.F.C
06-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Interesting that the 3-0 game at Ibrox under Calderwood hardly gets a mention compared to the other two. Don't know if that's just because there was only about 200 through that night! We'd been beaten by hearts a few days before and I remember going through that night thinking we'd get an absolute doing. Still can't be live that Coco the clown got a performance like that out of them!

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Interesting that the 3-0 game at Ibrox under Calderwood hardly gets a mention compared to the other two. Don't know if that's just because there was only about 200 through that night! We'd been beaten by hearts a few days before and I remember going through that night thinking we'd get an absolute doing. Still can't be live that Coco the clown got a performance like that out of them!

I had a ticket but agreed to do overtime at work as I fully expected a real humping. After the performance v Hearts on the Sunday I have no idea where that cane from.

jax67
06-09-2014, 08:17 AM

I remember that Kennys fee for playing in that game was
a white pudding supper and a bottle of Irn bru.
True story.

BroxburnHibee
06-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Great thread.

1. Has to be the 91 final - first experience of winning something and the celebration that night which I shared with my Dad will never leave me.

2. '88 Archiegoal derby - quite simply the most astonishing mayhem after a goal - from the time of my beastie bus days as well - great days.

3. Scotland v France '90 world cup qualifying at Hampden 2-0 - think a few of us from the Beastie bus hired our own mini bus to take us through and it chucked down the whole game but we didn't care and just sang all the way through it. I remember watching it back on telly and Andy Roxburgh going on about the fans that night - superb.

4. '07 final - enough said really - truly memorable day.

5. Scottish cup semi v Falkirk. Unbelievable comeback which I'll be talking about forever.

Some notable mentions.....

04 LC semi v Rangers
91 LC semi v them again
2012 SC semi v Aberdeen
GOC's last second winner v them
Unbeatable derby

greenginger
06-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Hibs 3 Barcelona 2

Hearts 0 Hibs 7

Hibs 5 Napoli 0

Hibs 6 Hearts 2

Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1

Reserves, Other two League Cup wins and beating the Yam Unbeatables.

craigmounthibby
06-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Rangers semi (Keith, Keith, Keith)
AEK @ ER
4-3 v Celtic @ ER in The Scottish
6-2 v them
1-0 @ Tynie (Hunter)
2-0 @ Tynie (Kane & Archie)

1-0 in Paris with Scotland

Theres plenty more, couldnae narrow it down to 5!
The 2-0 game you mention was actually 2-1 (that footballing masterclass Dave McPherson scored for them in the 90th minute) and Allan Moore missed an almost open goal to equalise in injury time. It was the following day before I realised the cheats had actually scored once - was still going buns after Archie's goal (which would win the "Your Top Goal" thread hands down) about 10 mins earlier.

3pm
06-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Will throw a couple of randoms in.

Hibs 7, Livingston 0.

Airdrie 2, Hibs 4 (1997)

Spike Mandela
06-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Cup finals are a given but obvious. Hard to choose 5 but here goes......

1. Scotland 3 v 1 Spain 1984 An absolutely cracking goal from Dalglish. 20 yards, top corner. When Dalglish hit the ball it looked like it was coming straight at me but the net stopped it.

2. Scotland 2 v 0 France 1989 Two goals from Mo Johnston, pissing down whole match. Suede jacket ended up like a chamois leather. Totally unaware I was watching my favourite ever Hibs player but Alex McLeish noticed him.

3.Sweden 1 v 2 Scotland World Cup 1990 Genoa. We'd just been beaten off Costa Rica. Back home was in uproar, we needed a result. Daily Record flew out a pipe band. Swedish fans were brilliant. Even a 24 hr alcohol ban couldn't stop us finding bevvy. Atmosphere was crackling. Two goals from Stuart McCall and the performance of a lifetime from Roy Aitken.

4. Anderlecht 1 v 1 Hibs 1992 After 2-2 draw at ER (another I was there game) A Darren Jackson goal equalised a Luc Nilis goal. Stadium fantastic and Hibs crowd penned in was amazing atmosphere. Callum Milne's best game in Hibs jersey. Remember players coming to fans at end waving a CCS flag. Also playing that day a certain Jean Marc Bosman who's impact on game now is huge.

5. Hearts 0 v Hibs 3 1999 So many derby memories but this one tops even 6-2. Only 3 goals but Latapy could have hit a hat trick that night, it honestly could have been about 8-0. What a goal from Sauzee. Remember feeling after game that at last we were top dogs in city and could beat them home or away every time. Those were the days.

Mr White
06-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Will throw a couple of randoms in.

Hibs 7, Livingston 0.

Airdrie 2, Hibs 4 (1997)

Honourable mentions for celtic 2 hibs 3 in 1992 and hibs 3 aberdeen 2 1990. I love a late winner!

GreenArmyyy!
06-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Great thread.

1. Hibs 4-3 Falkirk. Top game for me has to be the Falkirk semi-final. Being at half-time thinking Fenlon would be sacked after the game to the complete and utter bedlam when Doyle smashed in the equaliser. Probably the most I have ever celebrated a goal. After the game was strangely quiet from the Hibs fans. I think everyone was just exhausted (rightly so).

2. Hibs 1-0 Hearts, the first game after that game. I was sure the draw had been rigged to get it up us. I remember it being a poor game that we would end up going on to lose after Griffiths went off. The goal, the night time atmosphere and the uncontrollable joy on Worherspoons face will live with me forever. That is the longest I have been in E.R after a game as well. The rest of the night was absolutely brilliant in the Hibs club till closing as well. Fond memories of a conga around the club to the tune of ' DO DO DO MARI ZALIUKAS'.

3. Celtic 1-2 Hibs. Never liked beating Tony Mowbray but that night I remember pretty much never getting out of our own half in the second half until the 92nd minute when Galbraith lashed the ball home. Had the drive home with two Celtic fans that night as well which made it all the more enjoyable!

4. Although it turned out to be a horrible day the five minutes before the end of the home Hamilton game last year was the best atmosphere I have ever heard in Easter Road. The whole stadium singing we are Hibernian FC was magical.

5. Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock. My first ever cup win. The snow coming down as Rob Jones what felt to me rose 20 feet high to head the ball in to the back of the net to send 30000 Hibees in to sheer chaos. Wonderful day, wonderful team, wonderful manager, wonderful fans and a wonderful example at what the Hibs family can do.

Those bygone days...........

CorrieHibs
06-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Hibs 5 -1 Kilmarnock - League Cup final
Rangers 0-3 Hibs - Scottish cup 2006
Hearts 0-3 Hibs - Tynecastle
Scotland 1-0 Holland - playoff at hampden
Hibs 2-1 Aberdeen - Scottish cup semi final

lugz
06-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Hibs 5 Killie 1 - the first trophy I can properly remember, was at the Skol cup final but it was my 4th birthday.

Hibs 6 Hearts 2 - This will will never be beaten for me, the 6th goal just summed that night up, truly special.

Hearts 1 Hibs 2 - Deano winner, still to this day the only win I've seen there. Probably the most wild celebrations I have been part of.

Scotland 1 Holland 0 - never thought I'd ever see Scotland beat a top team like Holland.

Last one people will no doubt disagree with Hibs 0 Barcelona 6 - The result for me is irrelevant, I grew up watching and admiring Barca and it was a dream come true to see them play my team. When my wee one grows up I'll be able to say I saw Messi play against hibs.

Nomeancity
06-09-2014, 09:01 AM
In no particular order,

souness sending off
4-3 scottish cup game against celtic
tynecastle game when Archie scored the winner
falkirk semi final
dunfermline cup win

Frazerbob
06-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Hibs 8 Kilmarnock 1
Anderlecht 1 Hibs 1
Rangers 1 Hibs 0 (Skol Cup semi 2nd leg)
AEK 2 Hibs 0 ( 2nd trip to Athens in a week)
Not Hibs but England 2 Scotland 0 Euro 96. Best atmosphere ever and first of many Scotland away games.

Hibeesmad
06-09-2014, 09:08 AM
1. Hearts 0-1 Hibs 2009- Derek Riordan penalty
2. Hibs 2-1 Aberdeen 2012- Griffiths last minute goal in the semi final at Hampden
3. Falkirk 3-4 Hibs 2013- Griffiths winner in extra time
4. Hearts 1-2 Hibs 2013- Caldwell last minute goal
5. Kilmarnock 2-4 Hibs. Griffiths hat trick to send us to Hampden. Atmosphere was unbelievable

There are a few others I wish I could put in tho, even O'connors last minute goal on his return to hibs at Inverness. The Spoony strike in the Scottish cup against Hearts. The 1-0 win last season at Ross County in the Scottish cup and that Griffiths goal in the 1-0 home win at Easter Road under Fenlon

Nomeancity
06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Not necessarily wins or huge games but these 5 stick in my head for some reason or another:-

Hibs 2 -1 Hearts Scottish Cup 1979 QF IIRC
Dunfermline 3 - 3 Hibs circa late 80s first game of the season
Motherwell 1 - 2 Hibs circa early/mid 80s - Alan Sneddon scored the winner
Hibs 5 - 2 Dundee - Ralph Callachan maizy
Anderlecht 1 - 1 Hibs - great euro away trip

Ah, the Ralph Callaghan maize what a goal. Other thing I remember was all the fighting in the home end with dundee fans! How the hell they were on the old main terracing?
my first real season going without my dad. Went to some of the games on the Bonnyrigg bus and remember well the bus being pelted by Partick fans, think some windows got smashed. Crazy days. Disaster of a season though - relegated

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2014, 09:15 AM
The 2-0 game you mention was actually 2-1 (that footballing masterclass Dave McPherson scored for them in the 90th minute) and Allan Moore missed an almost open goal to equalise in injury time. It was the following day before I realised the cheats had actually scored once - was still going buns after Archie's goal (which would win the "Your Top Goal" thread hands down) about 10 mins earlier.

I dinnae recognise their goals though! ;-)

cabbage_88
06-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Rangers 0 Hibs 3. Ivan hat trick.
Rangers 0 Hibs 3. Scottish Cup.
Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1. League Cup final.
Hearts 0 Hibs 3. Millenium derby.
Celtic 1 Hibs 3. 1st time I'd seen us win there.

Honourable mentions for CIS semi v Rangers penalty shoot out and a penalty shoot out win v Aberdeen in the mid to late 90s and Gordon Hunters goal at Tynescastle to end the 22 game run.

Was too young to really appreciate 1991 and missed 6-2 because I decided to play 5s with my mates instead. Only saw the 2nd half. Not one of my better decisions.
That's the five I would pick!! 6-2 probably just ahead of 3-1 at parkhead but loved that game. First time I had seen us win there, Scott Brown's chip over the goalie to make it 3 was some moment!!

HibeeDave
06-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Hibernian 2-0 Dunfermline Skol Cup Final
Hibernian 4-3 Celtic Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Hibernian 5-1 Kilmarnock CIS Cup Final
Hibernian 4-0 Dunfermlne Andy Goram debut
Hibernian 2-1 Hearts Oct 1987

southsider
06-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Hibs 6 v Sporting Club de Portugal 1. (to give them their proper name). 7-0 1/1/73. Nuff said. Hibs 4 v Aberdeen 0. League Cup & was that after about 20 mins. Eric Stevenson running riot. Leeds 0 v Hibs 0. We were brilliant against a real fine Leeds team. Our centre half, Jim Black got caught offside ! LC final 1972. 2-1. Paddy was just breathtaking.... his finest game.

MrRobot
06-09-2014, 09:35 AM
4 hibs beating Celtic with two mistakes by the holy goalie. Fletchers and the squiggler

It was actually Colin Nish that scored the second http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Think it's for a number of reasons;

1)It was a dreary Wednesday as opposed to a Saturday afternoon
2)We had a tiny support through
3)We were wearing our terrible yellow strip
4)No hat trick hero
5)Wasn't the Scottish cup
6)None of us liked Calderwood, even after this result
7)Instead of Ivan, Boozy, Gaz etc we had Rankin, Trakys and Dickoh

I remember walking out of the Hearts game in a stinking mood, wondering if we would ever score again. A truly horrible performance against them. Cancelled my bus to Ibrox the following day in a total huff and went to the cinema with my bird at the time. Was getting updates throughout the film from mates at the game. Should never have taken Bobby Williamson's advice

LancashireHibby
06-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1. League cup final 2007. The original 5-1 achieved without cheating.

Hibs 4 Falkirk 3. 2013 Scottish cup semi. Probably the greatest comeback I've seen.

Kilmarnock 2 Hibs 4. 2013 Scottish cup. Pure mayhem.

Hibs 1 Hearts 0. 2012 Scottish cup (it was some run). I've never been so nervous before a game in my life and was ****ting myself. The relief and madness at the end was something else.

Rangers 0 Hibs 3. 2006? Scottish cup. Brilliant performance and result. Dreamland after the second.

The unbeatables derby and the 7-0 Livingston game just miss out as do others that I can't remember.
Was at the first four and they'd be my top four as well. Fifth one would be the Aberdeen semi final the other year.

Jack Hackett
06-09-2014, 10:20 AM
As an oldie, mostly from the Tornadoes era

0-7 v them
6-1 v Sporting Lisbon...went to the away game on the chartered Hibs plane for my first trip abroad. A magical experience for me
5-0 v Napoli
2-1 v Celtic LCF
5-1 v Killie CIS

Sadly, I fear I will never see another game which will match the glory and pride felt during and after these occasions

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-09-2014, 10:28 AM
AEK at home, Videoton away, 6-2, 0-3 at Ibrox in the SC, 0-1 at Tynie with Archie and 10 men.

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2014, 10:38 AM
0-7 just the best game in our history.

6-1 Sporting Lisbon, the best atmosphere i have been in at a Hibs game, and what a team.

5-1 Kilmarnock. Just a special day with a terrific performance.

2-0 Dunfermline. After the previous year it was just awesome to be back and winning a trophy again, and 2 fingers stuck right up to the fat tory *******.

0-3 Videoton. What a trip and what a result.

greenpaper55
06-09-2014, 10:55 AM
0-7 against Hearts, but beating Napoli when down 3-0 from the first leg was unbelievable, Napoli went on to win the league that season , how the mighty have fallen.

emerald green
06-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I found this really difficult to keep down to just five, but here goes:

Hearts 0 v Hibs 7 - New Years Day 01/01/73- Turnbull's Tornadoes at their scintillating best.

Hibs 5 v Napoli 0 - Fairs Cup 2nd leg, having lost first leg 4-1.

Hibs 2 v Dunfermline 0 - League Cup Final - I've never seen a larger or better Hibs support than that day. Nearly got locked out.

Killie 1 v Hibs 5 - League Cup Final - a great day, a fine Hibs team, and a performance at Hampden to be proud of.

England 1 v Scotland 2 - Wembley 1977. I got my lump of turf and brought it back home.

Can I add two subs please? Beating Celtic 2-1 in League Cup Final 1972/3; and Hibs 6 v Sporting Lisbon 1.

Cheers. Nice to read this thread. Brings back some great memories.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2014, 11:28 AM
No gonna bother with exact dates coz my memory is rubbish :greengrin

Hibs v Dunfermline LC final ...... 2 - 0 .... The first time I had seen Hibs win anything .... What a night afterwards.

Hibs v Rangers LC semi ..... ( win on pens ) .... To be part of 7,000 Hibbies outsinging 26,000 current buns from start to finish was special.

Hibs v Kilmarnock LC final .... 5- 1 .... What can you say ... SOL at the end was the most amazing thing I've seen in a football stadium.

Hibs v AEK .... 3 - 2 .... Just the best atmosphere I have ever been in.

Hibs v Rangers SC .... 3 - 0 ..... Turning them over at their own bit with 5,000 Hibbies there to see it ..... just loved it.

Special mention.

Hibs 6 Hearts 2 ....... no comment required
Hibs 4 Falkirk 3 ...... never been at a game like that .... incredible
Hibs 2 Hearts 2 ...... The one at the Wongadome where Joe McBride scored 2 right at the end
Hibs 1 Hearts 0 ....... The one after that final .... Small comfort, but comfort all the same
Hibs 0 Celtic 3 .. SC final 2013 ..... not for the game but for the Hibs fans who were brilliant
Hibs 4 Killie 2 .. SC ... LG's performance and the utterly fantastic Hibs support
Hibs 3 Dumbarton 2 two weeks ago ... The roar when Stanton's winner went in would have done justice to 20,000 never mind 6,000

Scotland 2 France 0 world cup ..... My abiding memory being the Maurice Malpas inspirational double tackle in the first half ... and the rain.

I would guess that like a lot of us I remember some games as much for the atmosphere as the game itself.

Baldy Foghorn
06-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Videoton away superb
88 Tynie, Kano and Archie 2-1 win
1991 League Cup Final
Millenium Derby 3-0 going on 10
Hibs 6 Them 2 Simply stunning
2007 League Cup Final

6, I know. Was hard to go with just 5, wanted to put every game that we won:greengrin

Wakeyhibee
06-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Hibs v Dunfy 2-0 (Coach load from Lancs around 35 IIRC)
Anderlecht v Hibs 1-1 (Fantastic 3 day-er)
Hibs v Killie 5-1 (My son met Lawrie Reilly for the first time)
Hibs v Rangers 2-1 (Souness game hot day and boucing)
Hibs v Rangers 1-0 (Keith, Budgie et al squeeky bum game)
Rangers v Hibs 0-3 Scottish Cup (Broomloan concrete was moving :greengrin)

6 faves in no particular order (Malmo trip came close too if not for the football)

Waxy
06-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Hearts 2-2 Hibs 83/4/5? Joe Mcbride late double
Hibs 2-1 Hearts 1987 kano winner.Pandamonium on the terraces, first derby win in years.
Hibs 4-3 Celtic 1986 Scottish cup quarter.Amazing.
Hibs 2-0 Dunfermline league cup win 91.
Hibs 3-2 AEK oh so close and what an atmosphere.

frazeHFC
06-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Half of these put mine to shame, but my top 5 would be:

07 final
1-2 at Tynie. Caldwell winner. Only win there I've seen.
AEK
0-4 at Fir Park. Big loud away support. Great win
Scotland 1-0 Holland

hibIBZ
06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Millennium derby
Cup replay away at Aberdeen win on pens, just remember it well as it was a school night but we went any way
Cis cup final 2007
AEK just the atmosphere ad thinking that luna ha scored number 3
0-1 at tynie when Gordon Hunter scored, first time I had seen us beat them

wynnie1875
06-09-2014, 11:50 AM
2-1 at Tynie with Shiels getting the winner, will never forget big Konte's header hitting the post.

3-0 Scottish cup at Ibrox

4-2 Killie Scottish Cup. The stand was shaking.

Falkirk semi final

Can't remember this one exactly but we were away to Motherwell during the Mowbray days and I'm sure we were 4-0 up at half time??? I just loved watching Hibs during those times and that game summed it up.

cmcd
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Half of these put mine to shame, but my top 5 would be:

07 final
1-2 at Tynie. Caldwell winner. Only win there I've seen.
AEK
0-4 at Fir Park. Big loud away support. Great win
Scotland 1-0 Holland
Hbs 3-Barca2---Hibs 6 -Sporting 1--Hearts 0- Hibs 7---Hibs 0-Leeds 0 (Robbed) --Hibs 2-Celtic 1 LCF

frazeHFC
06-09-2014, 11:59 AM
2-1 at Tynie with Shiels getting the winner, will never forget big Konte's header hitting the post.

3-0 Scottish cup at Ibrox

4-2 Killie Scottish Cup. The stand was shaking.

Falkirk semi final

Can't remember this one exactly but we were away to Motherwell during the Mowbray days and I'm sure we were 4-0 up at half time??? I just loved watching Hibs during those times and that game summed it up.

We won 6-1? Quality game!

snooky
06-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 5 Napoli 0
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1
Hibs 2 Celtic 1 League Cup Final
Hibs 5 Killie 1 League Cup Final

sub: Sporting Lisbon 2 Hibs 1

Biggie
06-09-2014, 12:21 PM
I am auld - tough!

His 8 Ayr 1
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

Nice one(s) Oregon......I never made the 8-1 game so I'll swap that for the sc semi final vs Falkirk......never sen hibs comeback like that before......the juve game was great despite the defeat as that was some team

heretoday
06-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Hibs v Real Madrid. Hearts 0 Hibs 7. Hibs win LC in 1972. LC again in 1991. Celtic win Cup in 1965 with dramatic late header. Sorry if last one offends!

The Harp
06-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Great thread - wonder how long it'll be for a "Your Worst 5 (wish I hadn't bothered going)" thread to appear?!?:wink:

Anyway my top 5 would include:
'61 Bacelona 3-2
'63 Aberdeen 3-1 (Summer Cup Final replay at Pittordie - 1st time I'd seen a Hibs captain lifting some silverware)
'67 Napoli 5-0
'73 Yams 7-0:aok:
'00 Yams 6-2

libernian
06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Predictably. ..

1. Hibs 6 Hearts 2
2. Rangers 0 Hibs 3 (cup)
3. Hibs 1 Hearts 0 (Brebner red card, Gaz 90th min goal, ensuing mayhem).
4. Hibs 2 Partick 1 (Bests home debut)
5. Hibs 5 Dundee 1 Agathe goal.
6. Malonga's debut vs Cowdenbeath :greengrin

my favourite :agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
06-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Hibs 2 Real Madrid 0
Hibs 5 Napoli 0
Hibs 2 Celtic 1 (League Cup Final)
Hearts 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1 (League Cup Final)

On The Bench :wink: Hibs 2 Rangers 1 (Scottish Cup 1965, last minute winner)

At least one of them was this century! :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
06-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Great thread - wonder how long it'll be for a "Your Worst 5 (wish I hadn't bothered going)" thread to appear?!?:wink:

Anyway my top 5 would include:
'61 Bacelona 3-2
'63 Aberdeen 3-1 (Summer Cup Final replay at Pittordie - 1st time I'd seen a Hibs captain lifting some silverware)
'67 Napoli 5-0
'73 Yams 7-0:aok:
'00 Yams 6-2

They'd all be from the last 6 months! :greengrin

Kato
06-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I remember that Kennys fee for playing in that game was
a white pudding supper and a bottle of Irn bru.
True story.

American Cream Soda.

Derry Hibee
06-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Hibs 5 killie 1 - sunshine on leith
Hibs 4 Falkirk 3 - missed the winner in the loo, didnt care :)
Hibs 0 Malmo 2 - nothing to do with football! Just the best time I've had at a football match.
Hibs 3 AEK 2 - my favourite game at ER.
Hibs 6 hearts 2 - nuff said :)

mjhibby
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Hertz 0 hibs 7 just a wee laddie but remember all the hertz fans leaving at half time and paddy is the king ringing out.
Hibs 6 sporting lisbon 1. Doubt as a thrill of watching hibs at their majestic best it will ever be bettered. A magical evening
Hibs 3 hertz 0. New year mid 70s,harper scored a screamer and wr should have topped the 7 0 game we were so on top.
Hibs 2 dunfy 0. Won the cup on my birthday and then celebrated till the wee small.hour
Hibs 2 rangers 1. Sounesss debut. Roasting day. Butcher,woods etc as well. Thought we were going to challenge at the top of the table. A great memory.

iwasthere1972
06-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Hibs 5 Napoli 0
Hibs 2 Celtic 1 LC Final 1972
Hibs 5 Killie 1 LC Final 2007
Hibs 4 Falkirk 3 SC Semi Final
Scotland 2 C'Slovakia 1 Hampden 1973 in front of 100,000 fans to qualify for 1974 World Cup.

That's me done.

Can't remember why and how I missed the 0-7 game at Tynecastle.

Bostonhibby
06-09-2014, 04:09 PM
0-7

2-1 1972/3 League cup Final win over celtc - we were miles better than them

Same season beating Sporting Lisbon 6-1 after losing the first leg of the Cup Winners Cup tie 2-1. Close run thing with a fantastic Dryburgh cup win 5-3 against celtc - we seemed to beat them and the now defunct Glasgow rangers regularly in those days.

2-0 league cup final win over Dunfermline because of what went before - the team that didn't die - and Keith's winner in the semi.

The comeback against Falkirk to win 4-3 - one of the very few times recently where we have just thrown caution to the wind.

Happy days, great players.

Bostonhibby
06-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I am auld - tough!

His 8 Ayr 1
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

Was at the Juve game, even when we were starting to compete with them you could see we had a job on our hands - I think we were 2-1 up when they brought an old looking guy - Altafini - on - ultimate goalscorer, if my memory serves me right he hit 2 or 3 and we lost 4-2 in a packed ER - they were one of the best in Europe and beat us 4-0 over there. Was at the Ayr game too, me and my mates were caught by the telly cameras when one of the goals went in :greengrin Christ we knew where the net was in those days.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1 - best atmosphere ever, best 2nd half performance ever

hearts 0 Hibs 7 - what can you say

hearts 0 Hibs 3 - Millenium Derby. Sadly that's nearly 15 years now since we last totally dominated them at tynie.

Hibs 6 hearts 2 - really thought we were on the way to world domination after this...

Hibs 5 Killie 1 - memorable celebrations at Hampden

heidtheba
06-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Here's mine - long time ago tho. Scores might be wrong but win/lose is accurate!

1 - Hearts 0 - Hibs 1 - Hunter ending the hoodoo. Walking along Gorgie Road after was just amazing!
2 - Hearts 1 - Hibs 1 - I think that was the score, was a night game in 93. Only reason I picked it was 'cos it was my first game at Tynie and the atmosphere was amazing. Was their old stand.
3 - Hibs 2 - Aberdeen 0 (maybe 1, but we won) - goal from Danny Lennon, we outplayed them the whole game and it was a match to be enjoyed, we were never going to lose.
4 - Hibs 5 Dundee Utd 0 - before New Year 94. Second time we did that to them that season.
5 - We lost this but it was my first ever game . Hibs 3 - Rangers 4 - around January 27 1993 - first match bought for me as a present by my uni mate.

Holmesdale Hibs
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Vs Morton when Andy Gorum scored (my first game)
Sproule hat trick
5-1 vs Killie
3-2 vs AEK
We are unbeatable derby

BroxburnHibee
06-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Here's mine - long time ago tho. Scores might be wrong but win/lose is accurate!

1 - Hearts 0 - Hibs 1 - Hunter ending the hoodoo. Walking along Gorgie Road after was just amazing!
2 - Hearts 1 - Hibs 1 - I think that was the score, was a night game in 93. Only reason I picked it was 'cos it was my first game at Tynie and the atmosphere was amazing. Was their old stand.
3 - Hibs 2 - Aberdeen 0 (maybe 1, but we won) - goal from Danny Lennon, we outplayed them the whole game and it was a match to be enjoyed, we were never going to lose.
4 - Hibs 5 Dundee Utd 0 - before New Year 94. Second time we did that to them that season.
5 - We lost this but it was my first ever game . Hibs 3 - Rangers 4 - around January 27 1993 - first match bought for me as a present by my uni mate.

That Aberdeen game was 3-1 with them scoring first. It was a Lennon masterclass.

Gmack7
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;4159866]AEK at home, Videoton away, 6-2, 0-3 at Ibrox in the SC, 0-1 at Tynie with Archie and 10 men.[/QUOTE

did you post this on my behalf:greengrin,great choices, Videoton at the top and any order for the other 4

My_Wife_Camille
06-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Games I'll tell the grand kids about one day..

Hibs 4-3 Falkirk
Rangers 0-3 Hibs (Scottish Cup)
Hibs 2-0 Hearts (unbeatable derby)
Hibs 3-2 AEK Athens
Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock

Cheating a bit but although the results weren't special I'd like to mention these ones because of some cracking memories!

Hibs 3-2 Dundee United - Gary Smiths late late winner!
Motherwell 2-2 Hibs - Konte scored. Enough said
Malmo 2-0 Hibs - as mentioned, probably the most fun I've had at a game, singing the Malmo song for about an hour! Excellent memories!
Kilmarnock 2-4 Hibs - everything that's great about football. Goals, away days, Sparky and even Matt Done scored
Ghana 1-1 Uruguay - absolute madness when Suarez handballed it on the line. Never seen an atmosphere like it and it was just amazing being at the World Cup.

WindyMiller
06-09-2014, 06:50 PM
I am auld - tough!

His 8 Ayr 1
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

Replace the Juve match with the 5 v 1 defeat of Napoli.

:aok:

Hibby Bairn
06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Matt Done

:shocked:

Sir David Gray
06-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Hibs 4-3 Falkirk (I think I experienced just about every emotion possible during that 120 minutes. Unbelievable!)
Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock (To date, it's the one and only time I've seen a Hibs team win a major trophy. With the way things are going, it could be a while before I see my second.)
Hibs 6-2 Hearts (I was young but I can still remember bits of that game like it was yesterday!)
Hearts 1-2 Hibs (Dean Shiels winner, first time I had ever seen us win at Tynecastle.)
Hibs 1-0 Hearts (First derby win in more than three and a half years and it was that fud Zaliukas who put us through to the next round as well. One of the shortest trophy defences in living memory for them!)

weecounty hibby
06-09-2014, 08:07 PM

1. Scotland 3 v 1 Spain 1984 An absolutely cracking goal from Dalglish. 20 yards, top corner. When Dalglish hit the ball it looked like it was coming straight at me but the net stopped it.

2. Scotland 2 v 0 France 1989 Two goals from Mo Johnston, pissing down whole match. Suede jacket ended up like a chamois leather. Totally unaware I was watching my favourite ever Hibs player but Alex McLeish noticed him.

3.Sweden 1 v 2 Scotland World Cup 1990 Genoa. We'd just been beaten off Costa Rica. Back home was in uproar, we needed a result. Daily Record flew out a pipe band. Swedish fans were brilliant. Even a 24 hr alcohol ban couldn't stop us finding bevvy. Atmosphere was crackling. Two goals from Stuart McCall and the performance of a lifetime from Roy Aitken.

4. Anderlecht 1 v 1 Hibs 1992 After 2-2 draw at ER (another I was there game) A Darren Jackson goal equalised a Luc Nilis goal. Stadium fantastic and Hibs crowd penned in was amazing atmosphere. Callum Milne's best game in Hibs jersey. Remember players coming to fans at end waving a CCS flag. Also playing that day a certain Jean Marc Bosman who's impact on game now is huge.

5. Hearts 0 v Hibs 3 1999 So many derby memories but this one tops even 6-2. Only 3 goals but Latapy could have hit a hat trick that night, it honestly could have been about 8-0. What a goal from Sauzee. Remember feeling after game that at last we were top dogs in city and could beat them home or away every time. Those were the days.

FFS. I cant believe how much of my life has been spent at football matches with you!!!! As you say cup final wins are no brainers. I wasn't at the Spain game as you are a bit older than me😀. I'll swap it for the4-3 Falkirk semi. Possibly the greatest game I've ever been at with every emotion and an incredible ending and a great feeling. There are so many that 5 is difficult to choose. Remember those good times Hibbies, they will come back one day I hope. (Maybe not beating Barcelona and Real Madrid tho!!) Yes i have a few beers🍻

LancashireHibby
06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Malmo 2-0 Hibs - as mentioned, probably the most fun I've had at a game, singing the Malmo song for about an hour! Excellent memories!
Sod it, I'm cheating as well and throwing that one in too. A great few days in the sun and meeting old Hibby mates and new alike :thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
06-09-2014, 08:59 PM

Is there a full version of this online? Isn't just that he SHOULD have had a hat-trick, more the 'one-two and Niemi save' plus 'shot from the byline' plus 'chip inches wide' would've been THE hat-trick.

Should have been an absolute massacre.

Wighty76
06-09-2014, 09:35 PM
The cis cup final. Big Gaz getting that last min winner against hearts and oxley scoring his goal.

This is after supporting hibs since 1984. I missed a lot but I was there in spirit.

oh I forgot. I was at tanadice that day when a fan downed a can of beer in the toilets at half time and lobbed the empty tinny into the bin. I was wrongfully accused of said act and spent 6 hrs locked up in the cells in Dundee then received a stern written warning from the hibs board that my behaviour would not be tolerated and if caught again I would be banned from ER.

ah come on guys you must remember that game.

no?

someone does. Tenner to the dinipro appeal to redeem your self and maybe you might sleep at night a bit better.
:greengrin

I was was also at Ibrox for a gers v sheep game. I was in the away end and my seat was next to the home support. After about half an hour of relentless sheep related " banter " from the nearest hun fan to me I outed my self as a hibee.

then the police outed me from the ground because they thought I was a member of the CCS that was there for a ruck.

There. My top 5 I was there games.

mca
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
One of first memories was playing at home against Seville - cant remember the score it was 80`s at least.. and it was a lovely warm day and the famous five was a load of steps with a shed at the bottom
for a pie stall.. :wink:

Galahibby
06-09-2014, 10:47 PM
3 nil cup game at Ibrox. The place was jumping, thought the stand was going to collapse!
Semi v Rangers 1991
AEK Athens
Falkirk 4-3 semi
Dunfermline Final in 91, probably more for the whole day/night than just the game. Got home just in time to get changed and go to work the next day.

Stantons Angel
06-09-2014, 11:53 PM
in no order because they were all great games!

0-7 New Year Derby
6-2 New Year Derby
2-4 AEK Athens
5-3 Celtic Dryburgh Cup Final
Rangers semi win on penalties
Ivan's 3-0 games against Rangers
1991 Skol Cup Final against Dunfermline
1972 League Cup Final against Celtic
Cup fight back against Aberdeen & Falkirk
and just about every game we have won!

My WORST memory that 5-1 game in the Scottish Cup Final!!!!

JMac
07-09-2014, 12:21 AM
1) 2007 Final Hibs 5 Killie 1, should be top on everyone's list.
2) That semi final against Falkirk, Hibs 4 Falkirk 3.
3) 1-0 vs them, Spoony "deflected" shot. Ended their "celebrations".
4) The Sproule hattrick game at Ibrox, stuff of legends.
5) The 2-0 game ending their undefeated streak, 2005/06 I believe

Billy McKirdy
07-09-2014, 12:48 AM
#1 1991 League Cup Final: Very first silverwear I experienced as a Hibby.

#2 1977/78 Hibs 3 Norkopping 2: First euro match. ..free entry...victory.

#3 December 1980... Hibs 2 Partick 1: Bestie

#4 Hibs 3 Killie 0: 2006? Deek hat trick and first glimpse of Naismith who impressed in spite of result.

#5 Accies 0 Hibs 2 2014...dared to believe....alas!!

southsider
07-09-2014, 02:38 AM
0-7 against Hearts, but beating Napoli when down 3-0 from the first leg was unbelievable, Napoli went on to win theleague that season , how the mighty have fallen.The year we beat Barca in the Fairs cup they also played in the European Cup as Spanish Champions. They (Barca) were the very first team to beat Real Madrid in that trophy. Just shows you what a team we were. God bless Joe and Bobby.

zero-seven
07-09-2014, 03:57 AM
7-0 game
6-2 game
leeds united game. Hibs were immense and deserved to go through
1-0 v Liverpool.
2-1 derby ..archigoal near the end ant swine castle

hibbysam
07-09-2014, 06:00 AM

The 2-0 Celtic game wasn't Fletcher's howler... Colin nish I think scored in the 2-0 game after Alan o'brien ran the length of the park, rankin volleyed and nishy tapped in! Other was indeed the squiggler!

Fletcher scored in the 3-2 game when it bobbled over boruc! Gatheussi and dean sheils also scored that day!

Pretty Boy
07-09-2014, 06:43 AM
The 2-0 Celtic game wasn't Fletcher's howler... Colin nish I think scored in the 2-0 game after Alan o'brien ran the length of the park, rankin volleyed and nishy tapped in! Other was indeed the squiggler!

Fletcher scored in the 3-2 game when it bobbled over boruc! Gatheussi and dean sheils also scored that day!

Correct.

Shiels goal was a howler from Boruc as well. Shot straight at him, he seemed to catch it then it slipped out his hands and Shiels tapped in. Sure the East was giving him some stick and he gave us the finger.

I liked Boruc, he was one of those pantomime villians you just loved to hate

Ray_
07-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Heart 0 Hibs 7
Hibs 5 Napoli 0
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1
Hibs 5 Killie 1 League Cup Final

sub: Sporting Lisbon 2 Hibs 1
Our first and only outing in the "first edition" purple top & apart from that we were terrific that evening. Poor old Ronnie Allen {Lisbon's English manager) thought Hibs were lucky over the two legs :greengrin

Rangers 1 Hibs 3 [Marinello x2 & McBride] First time I'd seen Hibs win in Glasgow [missed the 2-1 Parkhead win a couple of months earlier]

Rangers 0 Hibs 2 [1972 Scottish cup semi] They had put us out the cup the previous three seasons, including a jammy semi replay the previous season].

Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

5-3 Celtic Dryburgh Cup Final [To have the guts to score two extra time goals after losing a 3-0 lead in regulation time and being just three months since the 1-6 cup final and this against by far the best Celtic team I have ever seen, all this told me we were on to something special and for a magical few months, we were.

I didn't put down the 0-7 game because at the time it wasn't so special, I had never seen hearts beat Hibs and we were so used to us beating them and that Hibs team were hammering far better teams than Hearts.

superfurryhibby
07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
6-2, we were awesome.
4-3-Emotional low-Emotional high.
5-1, made the trip from Spain, one of the best days of my football life.
6-1, memories. I thought supporting Hibs was always going to be like this.

The 5th is the one that is still to come, you'll know what I mean!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm going to chuck in another one I'd completely forgotten, 4-1 Tannadice, IIRC Jason Scotland scored first then Hibs were fantastic, magic support too. (Got bounced along the platform at Hmkt by a BT Policeman for stopping my mate getting a pasting from a radge on the train on our return but, never really felt it, until the next again day)!

Sylar
07-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Not all football related (as I don't go to games with much regularity) but:

1) St Louis Rams 17-20 New England Patriots - not football, but to both go to and see my team win their first ever Superbowl was a magical experience. To have it happen just a few months after being in New York on 9/11 and experience the half-time show made it all the more poignant.

2) University of Michigan 35-21 Ohio - first time seeing my alma mater play their greatest rivals in the Big House in front of 112k fans as we secured the Big Ten championship over our most bitter rivals :greengrin

3) Livingston 4-3 Sturm Graz - UEFA Cup qualifier - wasn't enough to see Livi through but against a team who had beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford in the Champions League the year previous, it was a stunning win and a superb game of football!

4) Rangers 0-3 Hibs - the Scottish Cup game - was my first ever away trip with Hibs and it was phenomenal!

5) USA 1-0 Canada - not a classic game but being in Ford Field (Detroit) and experiencing my first ever USA game was a sensational experience.

Sudds_1
07-09-2014, 04:33 PM
As I contemplate my attendance in Dortmund this weekend, I must admit I let my mind slip to the realms of thinking "what if.......what if we won".

It would be one of the most extraordinary games I've ever seen without doubt, with left me thinking what are your top 5 "I was there" games of football? Hibs and/or Scotland.

I don't mean decent games that were good but nothing special (i.e. one of my most bonkers celebrations was a last minute OG winner in a 2-1 win against St Mirren, but that game won't feature in the history books in 20 years).

Games you were there for in the stadium (I missed CIS '07 thanks to some shoddy ticket organising from a mate)

1) Rangers 0 - Hibs 3 Scottish Cup 2005 (?) - back when we used to murder them 3-0 as a matter of course
2) Hearts 0 - Hibernian 1 (2007) - The Brian Kerr debut, when Romanov charged us the thick end of £40 to sit in their ****heap of a stadium. Cheap at the price
3) Hibs 2 - Hearts 1 - Benji scoring the winner, Scott Brown blowing kisses at Hartley, the game after the disgrace of the "Zibi" SC semi final
4) Hibs 2 - Aberdeen 1 SC Semi final 2012. Granted, no-one knew what was coming, but the trip back from Oxford via London was entirely worth it.
5) Hibs 2 - Rangers 1 November 2005, just after George Best died. Could have been about 4-0 after 30 minutes. That wee toad Ferguson got sent off having been ruined by Thomson all game long. Singing "cheerio cheerio" to him from the East was especially delightful.

Remember when football was fun??

P.S. Auld boys rattling off one extraordinary European result after the other are not welcome here..............

all of the above.............adding 7-0 (old fogey here!:-)) and Hibs 2 Aberdeen nil. Joe bakers return home, white boots and all!

Can't add 6-2.......was in the bloody hospital. When number 6 went in I jumped so high the morphine line came out!

Hibs90
08-09-2014, 10:25 AM
CIS Final 2007 even though I was completely out of the game and can't remember a single thing from that day.
6-2 was just magical.
Athens night aswell.
Another strange one I guess could be Dnipro away. Result and performance aside, the whole experience of that day was just amazing.
For the 5th I will go for Deano's winner at Tynie. Konte's header going in would have been magical alone and the memory of that feeling when Shiels rattled home will stay for a while.

tanfield
08-09-2014, 11:41 AM
In no particular order :
Videoton 0 - hibs 3
Albion rovers 0 - hibs 1 c. 1990 (for no other reason that there were so few hibs Fans there)
6-2 game
Falkirk semi
Falkirk 4 - hearts 0 (in Falkirk end ☺ )

Pat 0-7
08-09-2014, 12:30 PM
1. Hibs 2 Rangers 1 - 9/8/86 - the game where Souness made his debut and got sent off, just remember all the hype around them that pre-season, and then coming out of the stadium absolutely buzzing afterwards…...

2. Hearts 1 Hibs 2 - 12/11/88 - chucking it down with rain, standing in that pigsty of a stadium, watching Archie slot that goal away right in front of us, one of my best ever Hibs memories……….

3. Hibs 2 Dunfermline 0 - 27/10/91 - Skol Cup final - first time seeing us win a trophy, says it all…...

4. Hibs 5 Dinaburg 0 - 2/7/06 - Intertoto Cup - first game I took my kids to, weather was great that day until we got into the queue and it chucked it down for 10 mins, we were all soaked……we were in the East and the kids learned some new words that day…...

5. Hibs 4 Falkirk 3 - 13/4/13 - the famous Scottish Cup semi final - first game at Hampden for the kids, and sums up the lows and highs of being a Hibs supporter……….

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2014, 12:38 PM
The 4th one was Dinaburg Daugavpils, the away leg was better!

Pat 0-7
08-09-2014, 01:06 PM
The 4th one was Dinaburg Daugavpils, the away leg was better!

:doh:

:agree:

1987kev
08-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Hearts 1 hibs 1 John oneil last minute goal
Hibs 1 hearts 0 goc last minute winner
Rangers 0 hibs 3 Ivan's hat rick
Celtic 1 hibs 1 murphy wi a belter
Hibs 4 kille 2 . 2 down at half time what a come back

Smartie
08-09-2014, 06:36 PM
1. Another mention here for the penalties vs Rangers in the semi at Hampden. Phenomenal night and one of the best Hibs supports I've ever been in. A very expensive Rangers team edged out by a very inexperienced young Hibs team who grew in confidence as the game went on. TBH it was as good as a cup final for me, beating Rangers at Hampden.

2. The 3-0 Millennium game at Tynie. We were superb, it was the first time I'd ever seen us win there after god knows how many attempts and we did it in style.

3. 5 hours in the car to see 15 minutes worth of our "Masters" team get horsed out in the first round by Man Utd in Manchester. 3 points for speeding through the roadworks on the way down, another 3 on the way back up. That's the life of a Hibs fan. But rather than come straight up the road I stayed to watch the Masters and at least I got to see Molby and Beardsley play an absolute masterclass that night. Not what I went for but bizarrely worth it nonetheless just to have a good story up my sleeve for when anyone questions my "Hibbyness".

4. Paris for the 1-0 win when McFadden scored. The mother of all Scotland trips. No glorious failure that day/night, we actually got a result. Brilliant day and night.

5. I went to see Bayern Munich beat Hertha Berlin last October and it was singularly the finest footballing spectacle I've ever been to. Anyone who hasn't been to a big German game and is a football fan in any way should just go to one - the atmosphere is unbelievable. Great to see so many of the world's best players playing live. My girlfriend took me for a surprise birthday trip and it was just amazing.

Pretty Boy
08-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Hearts 1 hibs 1 John oneil last minute goal
Hibs 1 hearts 0 goc last minute winner
Rangers 0 hibs 3 Ivan's hat rick
Celtic 1 hibs 1 murphy wi a belter
Hibs 4 kille 2 . 2 down at half time what a come back

Forgot about that 1st game you mention. Dereks Riordan came on as a late sub and Garry O'Connor started up front with Hurtado. That equaliser kept Sauzees unbeaten record against them intact and Derek Townsley had a chance to win it just after O'Neills goal but miscontrolled in the box.

I enjoyed that game because it was nice for us to be humped up and down the park for 90 minutes and snatch a late equaliser as opposed to it always feeling like the other way round in the 90s.

Kato
08-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Would maybe pick 5 other games if writing this on another day but here's mine.

6-1 versus Sporting Lisbon. There are some Yak-Heads who try to portray the 0-7 game as a freak happenstance but the first half of that season shows how wrong they are. 5's, 6's,7's and even an 8 were all scored before we hammered them but imho this was the best game that team played. In fact, the best half the "tornado" taking hold in the 2nd half. Hibs wore green sleeves and I naively thought as an 11 year old all these results were just normal.

4-4 versus Celtic in the League - Hibs winning on pens. Worth it for the look on Roy Aitken's puss alone. Apart from what a game that was both teams fantastic on the night.

4-4 versus Dundee in Mowbray's season. For 15 minutes we were unplayable and we saw a portent of the Golden Generations future. Still don't know why Deeks' goal was disallowed.

0-1 at Tynie - early. Vague memories of this game but we "took it easy" after Arthur Duncan put us ahead early doors and we "took it easy" as we had a Euro fixture mid-week. Arthur's 100th goal for us ?? (Marbles loose on this game but that's how I seem to recall it). A Master Class in keep ball for the remaining 80 odd minutes.)

England 0 Scotland 2, 1977. Token Scotland game, a complete hoot of a long weekend. Got home the following Wednesday an older wiser and happier teenager.

banchoryhibs
08-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Really difficult to pick 5 but here goes

Best ever 0-7 game at Tynecastle
Next 1974 Scotland v Brazil World Cup in Germany
League Cup in December 1972, 2-1 against Celtc
AEK Athens at Easter Road
Dnipro away

LancashireHibby
08-09-2014, 08:52 PM
1. Another mention here for the penalties vs Rangers in the semi at Hampden. Phenomenal night and one of the best Hibs supports I've ever been in. A very expensive Rangers team edged out by a very inexperienced young Hibs team who grew in confidence as the game went on. TBH it was as good as a cup final for me, beating Rangers at Hampden.

2. The 3-0 Millennium game at Tynie. We were superb, it was the first time I'd ever seen us win there after god knows how many attempts and we did it in style.

3. 5 hours in the car to see 15 minutes worth of our "Masters" team get horsed out in the first round by Man Utd in Manchester. 3 points for speeding through the roadworks on the way down, another 3 on the way back up. That's the life of a Hibs fan. But rather than come straight up the road I stayed to watch the Masters and at least I got to see Molby and Beardsley play an absolute masterclass that night. Not what I went for but bizarrely worth it nonetheless just to have a good story up my sleeve for when anyone questions my "Hibbyness".

4. Paris for the 1-0 win when McFadden scored. The mother of all Scotland trips. No glorious failure that day/night, we actually got a result. Brilliant day and night.

5. I went to see Bayern Munich beat Hertha Berlin last October and it was singularly the finest footballing spectacle I've ever been to. Anyone who hasn't been to a big German game and is a football fan in any way should just go to one - the atmosphere is unbelievable. Great to see so many of the world's best players playing live. My girlfriend took me for a surprise birthday trip and it was just amazing.
The Masters was my first ever Hibs 'event' having never been to a game prior to that. Saw 10 minutes of it and then ended up in the pub with what seemed like hundreds of Hibs fans singing away. Great fun as a 15/16 year old!

Speedy
08-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Off the top of my head:

3-2 v Athens

4-3 v Falkirk

3-2 v Celtic (Boruc howlers)

Real Madrid v Leverkusen 2-1 final

Scotland 0 - 0 New Zealand at Tynie. A steward was steaming, gave my mate an official ball then ran on the pitch to take a shot from 40 yards because he thought he'd be a hero. It was hilarious, made up for the terrible game.

FranckSuzy
08-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Off the top of my head:

3-2 v Athens

4-3 v Falkirk

3-2 v Celtic (Boruc howlers)

Real Madrid v Leverkusen 2-1 final

Scotland 0 - 0 New Zealand at Tynie. A steward was steaming, gave my mate an official ball then ran on the pitch to take a shot from 40 yards because he thought he'd be a hero. It was hilarious, made up for the terrible game.

:faf:

Speedy
08-09-2014, 10:34 PM
:faf:

It was brilliant. I've never seen anything like it.

Now that I think about it, the score might have been 1-1.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2014, 10:40 PM
It was brilliant. I've never seen anything like it.

Now that I think about it, the score might have been 1-1.

:agree: It was.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/scotland/2938922.stm

The Pointer
08-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Only five? Good grief.

First XI
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1
Yams 1 Hibs 1, a midweek game at Tynie in the seventies. With them leading 1-0 I'd been 'asked' to leave the premises and was told that if I attempted to re-enter the ground I would be arrested. Needless to say, I hung around outside desperate to go back in, which I did right at the end - just in time to see Pat Stanton score the equaliser!
2 - 1 League Cup Final v Celtic in 1972. David Wilkie the swimmer was on our bus.
Hibs 2 Aberdeen 1 - Joe Baker's return. White boots put him way ahead of his time!
Hearts 0 Hibs 7. Knocked a copper's hat off celebrating one of the goals and he said "It's alright son, I'm a Hibby too."

Second XI
Leeds 0 Hibs 0. Amazing performance away from home when you consider they were one of the top English sides at the time. Pretty much bedlam all day but seeing the Edinburgh train arrive before the game and disgorge its contents was a bit mental.
Huns 0 Hibs 3 in the Scottish Cup. I don't think I've ever heard such a racket from Hibs fans and to see all three goals below us just made it crazy.
Hibs 6 Yams 2. Remember it well as, although I wasn't at it, I watched it in my local over here and was the only customer in the pub. Didn't stop me going bonkers 6 times though.
Hibs v AEK. Luna and the racket. I like big noise.
Hibs v Killie League Cup Final. SoL, noticing Fish with a similar green and white shemagh, and driving through to Edinburgh with my daughter and the walk down to ER. On the way back to the car we saw the highlights were on the telly in the Police Club so stopped to watch through the window and got invited in.

There are others but its late and you're bored! :agree: http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Mibbes Aye
08-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Most of mine have already been posted.

The '91 Skol Cup semi remains a favourite though. That felt incredible.

Three I've not seen mentioned, just to be different (apologies if they've been mentioned already, I didn't see them)

2-1 v HOMFC April '98 Derby, sealing the fate on their (:faf:) imagined title challenge with two corkers from Bazza and Hazza.

2-1 v Falkirk May '99 - Sauzee scoring a raker and McLeish doing his on-pitch message to us. We loved it :greengrin

2-1 v Rangers '96 - for younger posters, they no longer exist. The double penalty at the end of the game remains the supreme example of GIRFUYery ever witnessed in Scottish football :wink:

Jones28
09-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Here's my left field selection

1. Hibs v Dnipro - my first experience of European football and an incredible atmosphere.

2. Dunfermline v Hibs (2012) - we won 2-3 and it was mostly the nature of the win and the support that day.

3. Hearts v Hibs (Brian Kerr winner) - 38 ****ing quid. Worth every penny! Makalamby!

4. Falkirk v Hibs (2010?) - Yogis first season, first away game with my mates and thanks to the bookies got home with more money than id left the house with! We won 1-3

5. Hibs v Hearts (2nd January 2014) I think the dates right! Decided with 2 hours until kick off to go! Dropped the girlfriend off at hers, raced up the road to the TO having bought one over the phone and saw a fantastic crowd and great win.

Evergreen86
09-09-2014, 02:52 PM
1. CIS Cup Final 2007
2. AEK at ER was magical
3. 6-2 was unreal
4. GOC last minute winner against 10 - Got my phone handed back to me in about 20 bits
5. Deano and GOC at Tynie on a wednesday night if memory serves right..... Great night before,during and after ;-)

Bristolhibby
09-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Hibs v Killy, CIS Cup Final 2007
Hibs V Rangers, CIS Cup Semi 2003
Hibs v Falkirk, Scottish Cup Semi 2013
France v Scotland, McFadden 2007
Croatia v Scotland, 2013

J

Basildon Hibs
10-09-2014, 01:15 AM

Great shout re. the Millenium massacre at *********** !!! :flag::flag:

fatbloke
10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1

Hibs 1 Hearts 0 end of 23 match run

Hibs 3 Rangers 0 Scottish Cup at Ibrox

Hibs 5 Kilmarnock 1 cup final 07

Hibs 2 Celtic 1 League Cup final 1972

These are games hat stick in my memory for good reasons.

Ayrshire Hibee
11-09-2014, 05:28 AM
Hibs 2-1 Rangers 9.8.86 Souness game

Hibs 5-1 Killie Cis cup final

Hibs 6-2 Hearts oct 2000

Rangers 0-3 Hibs (all 3)

Celtic 2-3 Hibs down 2-0 1993 -94 season

#2 Double Tap
11-09-2014, 07:16 AM
ltyf

lyonhibs
11-09-2014, 07:46 AM
ltyf

I got your PM as well, ta very much.

But I'm no Yam, as several people on here will attest.

I suspect this #2 Double Tap user is some sort of spam account or similar, but if it's an actual real person capable of independent thought, you're an idiot.

Off the bar
11-09-2014, 08:50 AM
1; 6-2 game I will never forget the atmosphere that night, remember going for a smoke with a pal behind the old east at half time and him saying if we get another one quickly we'll batter them!

2; 0-3 at Tynie, could have and maybe should have scored 7 that night how wee Russell did'nt get on the score sheet I'll never know. Went to the game on my own and my old man lent me his mobile (which still were'nt as ubiquitous as they are now) so I could get a lift home after, was walking back to Haymarket buzzing at the result when the phone went off and some yam ned punched me square in the jaw, still grateful to the hibbies who waded in and sorted that one out. Was 17 at the time.

3; AEK at ER nuff said about this one I guess!

4; Hamilton game at Fir Hill when we won and Falkirk lost to hand us the league, my first pitch invasion plus my old man found £20 on the terrace (he still talks about this!) on his way out so chips and pints were on him on the way home!

5; Hibs 2 Celtc 1 Was the debut for our new Icelandic keeper Ole Gotskalson (sp?) and Henrik Larsons debut for Celtc, Larson gave the ball away to Chico who leathered it home from 25 yards for the winner, remember leaving the ground thinking what a great keeper we'd bought and how that Larson guy for them looked like a waste of money! Finally proving that I know **** all about fitba!

Bostonhibby
11-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Most of mine have already been posted.

The '91 Skol Cup semi remains a favourite though. That felt incredible.

Three I've not seen mentioned, just to be different (apologies if they've been mentioned already, I didn't see them)

2-1 v HOMFC April '98 Derby, sealing the fate on their (:faf:) imagined title challenge with two corkers from Bazza and Hazza.

2-1 v Falkirk May '99 - Sauzee scoring a raker and McLeish doing his on-pitch message to us. We loved it :greengrin

2-1 v Rangers '96 - for younger posters, they no longer exist. The double penalty at the end of the game remains the supreme example of GIRFUYery ever witnessed in Scottish football :wink:

Bumped into McCLeish and his wife in Stratford last weekend, he was very friendly and made time for a couple of folk that cornered him as he made his way along - even stopped to shake hands with some Villa fans in a wedding party! - on Hibs he said he "loved that club" and hopes Stubbsy keeps his head down and gets on with the fitba side as he is a good guy.

Spoke about the promotion season and he said it was all down to the fact that he was allowed to buy good players and just let them play . Spoke fondly of Latapy & in particular.

11-09-2014, 09:46 AM
1. Hibs 4-3 Falkirk - It was just an unreal game, never before had a single game of football ripped every grain of optimism out of my being before building me back up to being exciting and giddy. Not only were my emotions destroyed during the game, but so too my body as I pulled muscles in my leg, arm and shoulder celebrating Doyle's equaliser. Not ashamed to say that I cried on more than one occasion during the game :greengrin

2. Hibs 5-1 Kilmarnock - To date it is the only trophy (barring the Division 1 title) that I have seen Hibs win. I remember every little detail of the game and of course before it as well. It summed up what being a Hibs fan was all about - family. My granddad was there in 1972, my dad was there in 1991 (when I was 23 days old) and in 2007 I was there with my dad and my sister. Sunshine on Leith at the end was brilliant too. It was just an awe inspiring day and one that made me think of my granddad and how much he would have loved it.

3. Hibs 6-2 Hearts - My dad was reluctant to take me to a derby, I pestered him and pestered him. I got a ticket for this game on my 9th birthday and went not really knowing what to expect. Obviously everything was fantastic for me, and the rest of the Hibs support, on the way out of the game my dad said to me - "It's not always like this, don't get used to it." Oh boy was he right :rolleyes:

4. Hibs 9-0 Montrose - One from left-field, but one I enjoyed all the same. It is the biggest scoreline I have seen Hibs rack up, and probably will be unless we get drawn out against a really poor side in the Scottish Cup like Golspie Sutherland.

5. Hibs 3-2 AEK Athens - We knew it was a tall order to come from two goals down, AEK Athens being one of the best known Greek sides and with a plethora of Greek internationalists who would later go on to win Euro 2004. Luna's brace had the chance to turn into a hat-trick, then Vassilis Tsartas scored an absolute raker and followed it up with a header. David Zitelli with a long-range strike to win it on the night. A great game to have been at, the spirit of the side and the atmosphere was amazing.

Honourable mentions - any of the 0-3's at Ibrox, 1-3 at Celtic Park, 3-1 semi-final v St Johnstone, 2-1 De La Cruz derby, 1-0 81% possession derby... many more that I could list as well.

Best moment of that day, not a dry eye in the stadium - absolutely magnificent sight!

erin go bragh
12-09-2014, 10:27 PM
1- Killie 5-1 ( sunshine on Leith had the hairs tingling ) was locked out of the 91 final ) so standing with my laddie was just something when we won .
2- .3-2 v AEK
3- Archibalds winner at the PBS 2-1
4- Millennium derby 0-3
Joint 5th - huns cup 0-3 , Smeltic cup 4-3 on pen ( after 4-4 ) Souness first game at ER 2-1

Ggtth