PDA

View Full Version : October and November TV games (Derby Moved To Sunday 26th Oct, 12.15)

Billy Whizz
05-09-2014, 04:35 PM
As expected the Derby has been moved to the Sunday

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/latest-sky-amp-bt-live-games/

3pm
05-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Suits me in this instance.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
12.15 KO against the cheats?

What a ****ing joke!

Sergey
05-09-2014, 09:28 PM

What a ****ing joke!

What would you suggest as an alternative time if the match was to be covered on TV?

Serious question and I'd appreciate some reasoning to back-up your previous spewage.

Hibbyradge
05-09-2014, 09:32 PM

What a ****ing joke!

Really?

eastterrace
05-09-2014, 09:32 PM

What a ****ing joke!

well what time would suit you.

Sergey
05-09-2014, 10:22 PM
It looks like HIBERNIAN-0762 has been well and truly spanked (what happened to the slipper/spanking smiley?)

Could it be a yellow card for trolling...and extremely poor trolling as far as trolling goes?

LancashireHibby
05-09-2014, 10:32 PM
What would you suggest as an alternative time if the match was to be covered on TV?

Serious question and I'd appreciate some reasoning to back-up your previous spewage.
Even a 2pm kick off would be a huge help as it was the other year if memory serves me right. As it is, it means forking out a fortune on the Saturday night or alternatively an early morning drive up for the beast of SPFL football that is a sober Edinburgh derby. Yes, I did mean beast rather than feast.

InterviewLoI
06-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Well I'm delighted because the flights are cheap and I don't have to stay the night :D I can't wait for this now

Pete
06-09-2014, 01:35 AM
I'd prefer a Friday evening game or an afternoon slot so you can have a few pints during a decent build up to the game.

TV is king I suppose and we'll just have to live with it. The upside is that you have the rest of the day free to sit in the pub, talk about the match and watch foreign football or go to Dobbies with the family.

lucky
06-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Don't think this is that much of a surprise. Always going to be on TV but the KO time is still crap.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Used to like the 6.05pm Sunday night kick offs. Remember we beat Hearts 6-2

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Why can't we have a 2pm or 4pm kick off same as the English football.

It's not like we are directly competing with them on TV. I've been in pubs in England several times when there has been a Scottish game on and they have switched over for rugby league or cricket.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Why can't we have a 2pm or 4pm kick off same as the English football.

It's not like we are directly competing with them on TV. I've been in pubs in England several times when there has been a Scottish game on and they have switched over for rugby league or cricket.

Because English folk like me want to have the best of both worlds, Hibs game early doors then pub for English game later on :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
06-09-2014, 08:57 AM

What a ****ing joke!

well i concur :greengrin it's a rank KO time

3pm
06-09-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't really care about time if we beat them.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
I don't really care about time if we beat them.

We will, don't worry

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Even a 2pm kick off would be a huge help as it was the other year if memory serves me right. As it is, it means forking out a fortune on the Saturday night or alternatively an early morning drive up for the beast of SPFL football that is a sober Edinburgh derby. Yes, I did mean beast rather than feast.
Sunday tv games on sky or BT are always 1215 or 1230 mate...u r probably thinking of a cup match on the Beeb...no chance of 2pm on sky/bt as would interfere with EPL games

emerald green
06-09-2014, 10:39 AM
12:15 on a Sunday morning just seems to dampen the atmosphere IMO.

I'm an old fashioned traditionalist I'm afraid and would much prefer a 3 o'clock kick off on a Saturday afternoon. If I had my way I would get rid of the cameras from these games and see what the attendances would be like then.

Before I get slaughtered, I know...it's not going to happen.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 11:26 AM
When did we last have a derby at 3 on a Saturday?

Was the Wotherspoon Scottish Cup game at 3? Was it even a Saturday?

I honestly can't remember one.

Baldy Foghorn
06-09-2014, 11:30 AM

Sunday 2/12/12

Mr White
06-09-2014, 11:33 AM

That was 3.30 on sunday. Was it the unbeatable game the last time perhaps?

Diclonius
06-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Oh no, the derby time is slightly different.

:yawn:

emerald green
06-09-2014, 11:37 AM

The Spoonie 1-0 cup win against the Yams was on a Sunday. KO 3:30pm.

I can't remember the last derby that kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday either. It must have been some years ago?

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Oh no, the derby time is slightly different.

:yawn:

Any need for comments like this.

The change inconveniences people, especially those travelling from outside Edinburgh, so it's going to be discussed. It inconveniences me because I'd deliberately changed the day I go on holiday to the Sunday, before I knew it was a derby, from a Saturday and I'll now miss the game. That pisses me off.

Never understand the point in commebting on a thread just to make a sarcastic comment about something that has an effect on other people.

emerald green
06-09-2014, 11:48 AM

The change inconveniences people, especially those travelling from outside Edinburgh, so it's going to be discussed. It inconveniences me because I'd deliberately changed the day I go on holiday to the Sunday, before I knew it was a derby, from a Saturday and I'll now miss the game. That pisses me off.

Never understand the point in commebting on a thread just to make a sarcastic comment about something that has an effect on other people.

:agree: :top marks

Diclonius
06-09-2014, 12:26 PM

Point taken, I take it back.

The original comment was a reference to someone going mental at the change without specifying any reason. It affects me too as I have to travel a good 2-3 hours to get to home games, albeit I can usually make the game.

down-the-slope
07-09-2014, 10:31 PM
another game missed for me then - its the worst of all the numerous possible times / days for me and is becoming the norm....

Yet again a 'purchase' that has no value to me

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2014, 06:57 AM
another game missed for me then - its the worst of all the numerous possible times / days for me and is becoming the norm....

Yet again a 'purchase' that has no value to me

Yet you posted about the extra value a free ticket for the Cowdenbeath game brings to ST holders,make your mind up.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-09-2014, 07:59 AM
The Spoonie 1-0 cup win against the Yams was on a Sunday. KO 3:30pm.

I can't remember the last derby that kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday either. It must have been some years ago?

I remember we played them in a top 6 game a week or 2 after we beat them at tiny (when shiels and GOC score).

It finished 2-2 - they got a flukey deflected equaliser (obviously) late on. A free kick bounced off Webster I think.

Billy Whizz
08-09-2014, 08:10 AM
As an side, does anyone know if the KO time via Dumbarton on the 11th October is likely to be changed? Scotland play Georgia at 5pm that day, and I wanted to go to both games

green&left
08-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Saturday 12.30, Saturday 12.45. Sunday 2pm, even 4pm would be better than a ****ty 12.15pm kick-off.

Gettin' Auld
08-09-2014, 09:18 AM
12:15 on a Sunday morning just seems to dampen the atmosphere IMO.

It certainly would dampen the atmosphere to play just after midnight. :wink:

LancashireHibby
08-09-2014, 10:30 AM
As an side, does anyone know if the KO time via Dumbarton on the 11th October is likely to be changed? Scotland play Georgia at 5pm that day, and I wanted to go to both games

I emailed Garry O'Hagan about that game last week and got the following. Doesn't really help, but does seem to suggest there aren't any plans to move it to avoid a clash with the Scotland game.

"Hi Matt,

The 11th Oct is a scheduled fixture date for all Championship Clubs.

Same matches may have to move but this is only likely to be because of International call–ups.

The rule is if a team has 3 first team players called up for International Squads (at U19, U21 or Full International level) they can apply to have the match re-scheduled.

The downside of this is that International squads are only announced a couple of weeks before the game, so relatively short notice.

I know this doesn’t give you a definitive answer but hope this is of assistance.

Kind regards

Garry"

Billy Whizz
08-09-2014, 10:37 AM
I emailed Garry O'Hagan about that game last week and got the following. Doesn't really help, but does seem to suggest there aren't any plans to move it to avoid a clash with the Scotland game.

"Hi Matt,

The 11th Oct is a scheduled fixture date for all Championship Clubs.

Same matches may have to move but this is only likely to be because of International call–ups.

The rule is if a team has 3 first team players called up for International Squads (at U19, U21 or Full International level) they can apply to have the match re-scheduled.

The downside of this is that International squads are only announced a couple of weeks before the game, so relatively short notice.

I know this doesn’t give you a definitive answer but hope this is of assistance.

Kind regards

Garry"

Matt, thanks. Under 21's don't have a game that weekend, so unlikely to be called off. Think for the good of the game organisations would talk to each other

Albanian Hibs
08-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Maybe they will move the dumbarton match to an earlier kick off?

LancashireHibby
08-09-2014, 11:26 AM

The impression I got from the email was that the only reason for any change would be because of call ups, which would require a postponement rather than change in kick off time.

3pm
08-09-2014, 11:40 AM
I remember we played them in a top 6 game a week or 2 after we beat them at tiny (when shiels and GOC score).

It finished 2-2 - they got a flukey deflected equaliser (obviously) late on. A free kick bounced off Webster I think.

Yeah, I remember Riordan scored a peach. I think there was also a Saturday 3pm game the year after when they won 4-1 @ the PBS.

emerald green
08-09-2014, 11:52 AM
It certainly would dampen the atmosphere to play just after midnight. :wink:

You got me there! :greengrin

davhibby
08-09-2014, 04:29 PM

I'm sure one of the games in the championship that week(possibly Raith's but not sure) has been moved to the Friday. Hibs will be losing out if they leave it at 3

Billy Whizz
08-09-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm sure one of the games in the championship that week(possibly Raith's but not sure) has been moved to the Friday. Hibs will be losing out if they leave it at 3

Yes your right, Raith v QOS moved to the Friday night

LancashireHibby
10-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Just had the following email about the Dumbarton game;

"Hi Matt,

Assume you have note made final plans since last email given your response.

Since last writing the U21s can now no-longer progress in the playoff round of that Tournament. The playoff dates would have been 8-14 Oct.
With this now confirmed and a clear month to this round of fixtures Clubs are starting to look at this weekend in more detail, especially with the Scotland v Georgia game in mind.

Might be worth holding off a couple of days before you make your final arrangements.

Kind regards
Garry"

Bishop Hibee
10-09-2014, 07:26 AM
If Hibs are planning to move the game v Dumbarton can they hurry up so I can make arrangements to go to Scotland v Georgia. Sunday 3pm would be ideal for Hibs fans like me who follow Scotland too.

PatHead
10-09-2014, 04:37 PM
If Hibs are planning to move the game v Dumbarton can they hurry up so I can make arrangements to go to Scotland v Georgia. Sunday 3pm would be ideal for Hibs fans like me who follow Scotland too.

Would prefer a Friday night as opposed to Sunday myself.

NAE NOOKIE
10-09-2014, 04:55 PM
12:15 on a Sunday. I hate fkng SKY .... or BT or whoever is bloody showing it ........ :fuming:

down-the-slope
10-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Yet you posted about the extra value a free ticket for the Cowdenbeath game brings to ST holders,make your mind up.:greengrin

I demand a re-count.....:greengrin

I guess the crux is one is a TV / SPFL decision the other is a Hibs one

Danderhall Hibs
10-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Would prefer a Friday night as opposed to Sunday myself.

Same here. Or a Saturday lunchtime.

matty_f
10-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Same here. Or a Saturday lunchtime.

Sunday would suit me, the 11th is my Saturday on at work! Friday would do as well.