PDA

View Full Version : Sinclair and Malonga up front!

California-Hibs
05-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Why not!? New fresh start, sorry but the Heff and Cummings just haven't done the buisness nearly regularly enough, time for something different!

Malonga is meant to be strong, quick, technically gifted and good in the air.

Sinclair apparently very fast, nippy, great off the shoulder of defenders finisher.

1 week to have them both work together in training/learning each other's play.

Could this be an option we see Stubbs surprise us with against Cowdenbeath?..

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
05-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Cummings is way over rated and will be found out soon enough. Hefferman is now approaching his best buy date, Handling is absolute mince and how he achieved the deal he got I'll never know.

So lets kick on with the new guys, cant be any worse than we already have.

JimBHibees
05-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Cummings is way over rated and will be found out soon enough. Hefferman is now approaching his best buy date, Handling is absolute mince and how he achieved the deal he got I'll never know.

Shocker of a post. Reeks of yam. Cummings and Handling are both decent.

jacomo
05-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Reckon Heff and Cummings both have a role to play. Cummings is young and shows promise, Heff will benefit from having pacey players around him.

However, no doubt that we need the new boys to make a quick impact and take some pressure off. If results improve and players are fighting for a place in an improving side this team will look much better.

Ronniekirk
05-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Why not!? New fresh start, sorry but the Heff and Cummings just haven't done the buisness nearly regularly enough, time for something different!

Malonga is meant to be strong, quick, technically gifted and good in the air.

Sinclair apparently very fast, nippy, great off the shoulder of defenders finisher.

1 week to have them both work together in training/learning each other's play.

Could this be an option we see Stubbs surprise us with against Cowdenbeath?..
Yep Malonga and Sinclair ,that's about the Long and Short of it

JJP
05-09-2014, 04:43 PM

Cummings is 18 years old, got his first two goals for the club and since then has started 2 competitive games and scored in one of them. 3 goals in 3 games is an excellent return for any striker, never mind an 18 year old.

bingo70
05-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Did Cummings not score in his only start this season? I think he's looked ok coming off the bench so far as well.

Smartie
05-09-2014, 04:46 PM

Hmmmmmm.

Cummings is a cracking prospect but has a lot still to prove. I'd probably agree with you about Heffernan but he may yet still have something to offer. Handling is a bit hot and cold and also has an awful lot to prove but I wouldn't write him off yet.

I was concerned when we were trying to win the Alloa game with Handling, Heffernan and Harris as our main attacking outlets together but any of them individually may be very good with a bit more "quality" around them.

E10 Rifle
05-09-2014, 04:46 PM
I think Heff still has plenty to offer - if he can stay fit

Brightside
05-09-2014, 05:04 PM

what a ****** disgrace of a post. sad wee boy.

Allant1981
05-09-2014, 05:07 PM
what a ****** disgrace of a post. sad wee boy.

I must be a sad wee boy as well then cause i agree with him, sorry if that annoys you

SMAXXA
05-09-2014, 05:13 PM
To be fair I think heff is past it and a bit of a waste of a wage and don't rate handling but cannot agree about cummings.

Bronson
05-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Cummings will be a cracking player.

MG1965
05-09-2014, 05:25 PM
I am pleased with these two signings and if we give these guys a chance along with Cummings and hefferman then we have got excellent options up front.
Competition is never a bad thing to have in this position but getting slated week after week is never going to help any of these players.Lets get behind our team.:flag:

Billychaotic182
05-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Speaking of overrated that boy Sow. Just another Ngo eh mate. Oh and dot get me started on mchattie

Pretty Boy
05-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Malonga and Cummings for me.

Sinclair and Handling as back up and I'd see if we can do a deal to release Heff for a settlement on his contract.

Billy Whizz
05-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Sinclair has got a bit to go fitness wise, if his appearance on Tuesday was an indicator

GreenArmyyy!
05-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Malonga and Cummings for me.

Sinclair and Handling as back up and I'd see if we can do a deal to release Heff for a settlement on his contract.

With our current situation we can't afford to release anybody. It is plain to see Heffernan is past his best but he is a good finisher and that is not a skill you forget. The biggest problem with him is realistically he has never really been fit since we bought him. I think he would surprise a few if he could get up to speed and stay fit.

GreenArmyyy!
05-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Speaking of overrated that boy Sow. Just another Ngo eh mate. Oh and dot get me started on mchattie

You best be careful, that comment will be accused of racism by the yams ;)

Northernhibee
05-09-2014, 05:41 PM
I'd start with Malonga and Heff up front - given time Heffernan will come good after an extended run of games.

IanM
05-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Cummings will be found out soon enough

Either a yam or a Swansea scout trying to get him on the cheap

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 05:55 PM

Doesn't reek of yam.

Handling is rank. Cummings has potential.

IanM
05-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Doesn't reek of yam.

Handling is rank. Cummings has potential.

I still don't get what folk get out of player bashing? If you don't like him, think he's good etc fair play but when we're in a mess it's helping nobody.

Sticks n stones n that but what's wrong with welcoming the new guy and just have an opinion on how he'll fit in and leave it at that

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I still don't get what folk get out of player bashing? If you don't like him, think he's good etc fair play but when we're in a mess it's helping nobody.

Sticks n stones n that but what's wrong with welcoming the new guy and just have an opinion on how he'll fit in and leave it at that

I'll support him on match days thanks but as this is a fans forum and I am entitled to post my opinion on the players I pay to watch.

As far as the new guy is concerned of course I will reserve judgement until I see him a few times. I've seen handling enough times to know he's more interested in his haircut than grafting for the hibees.

AlbertK86
05-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Malonga and Cummings for me. Sinclair and Handling as back up and I'd see if we can do a deal to release Heff for a settlement on his contract.

Yep

Malonga and Cummings through the middle with Kennedy and Sinclair on the wings

Both Sinclair and Malonga quoted as can play central and on the wing

Allan plus 1 in CM .... Not sure who as Craig and Robbo both struggling to make an impact and Stanton looks a wee bit off form for now. maybe Lewis with Booth in at LB

IanM
05-09-2014, 06:10 PM
I'll support him on match days thanks but as this is a fans forum and I am entitled to post my opinion on the players I pay to watch.

As far as the new guy is concerned of course I will reserve judgement until I see him a few times. I've seen handling enough times to know he's more interested in his haircut than grafting for the hibees.

Course it is, it wasn't about opinions I was just curious how a thread about who should start up front ended up with player bashing.

I'll give you the haircut thing tho

Pretty Boy
05-09-2014, 06:16 PM
With our current situation we can't afford to release anybody. It is plain to see Heffernan is past his best but he is a good finisher and that is not a skill you forget. The biggest problem with him is realistically he has never really been fit since we bought him. I think he would surprise a few if he could get up to speed and stay fit.

Your probably right regarding not being in a position to release anyone.

However Heff is finished imo, I was a big advocate of playing him last season but that looks one of the very few decsions Butcher did get right. He's had decent chances against Falkirk, Livi and Alloa and didn't look capable of taking any of them. I don't know how fast he was in his prime but he's painfully slow now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Cummings may be overrated but he's a better striker than any of your current youngsters you have over the road.

boab1875
05-09-2014, 06:24 PM

Handling is Pish, Cummings is a great prospect

Franck Stanton
05-09-2014, 06:24 PM
So, with the players we have just now think the team line up will be along the lines of ---

...............................Oxley.............. .......

Grey.........Forster...........Fontaine..........B ooth

McGeogh.......Allen..........Craig........Kennedy

..................Sinclair..........Malonga.....

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Course it is, it wasn't about opinions I was just curious how a thread about who should start up front ended up with player bashing.

I'll give you the haircut thing tho

It's strange how these things happen. I've only seen videos of big Malonga so I can't comment. Heffernan seems to have given up the ghost. Cummings has potential but is still one of the haircut/Instagram crew. Sinclair like Malonga I've not seen any of.

Don't know who I'd play. I like Cummings as he just wants to run towards the goal. I'd like to think Sinclair and Malonga are good.

To be entirely honest it'll no matter who we have up top as if our midfield continues to be ran by Liam Craig we'll not score goals.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 06:32 PM
So, with the players we have just now think the team line up will be along the lines of ---

I wouldn't have Craig in there. I have not seen some of the new guys so would be guessing that they are better than we have.

Oxley

Gray Forster Hanlon Booth

Stanton Allen
McGeough Sinclair Kennedy

Malonga

emerald green
05-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Who is "Hefferman"? Eh Zibby?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I'd go

Oxley
Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
McGeouch
Allan
Kennedy

Malonga
Sinclair

Unlikely, as Craig wont be dropped.

cabbageandribs1875
05-09-2014, 06:38 PM
what's his webpage like :I'm waiti

IanM
05-09-2014, 06:52 PM
It's strange how these things happen. I've only seen videos of big Malonga so I can't comment. Heffernan seems to have given up the ghost. Cummings has potential but is still one of the haircut/Instagram crew. Sinclair like Malonga I've not seen any of.

Don't know who I'd play. I like Cummings as he just wants to run towards the goal. I'd like to think Sinclair and Malonga are good.

To be entirely honest it'll no matter who we have up top as if our midfield continues to be ran by Liam Craig we'll not score goals.

The YouTube clip of Malonga is the only evidence of a Hibs player running forward I've seen so far this season!

Agree re Craig, was surprised he started against Alloa, especially when the team had snatched the Dumbarton win.. But he is better than he's shown but don't know how much more time he's gonna get

malonga and a vibrant Cummings for me 👍

Franck Stanton
05-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't have Craig in there. I have not seen some of the new guys so would be guessing that they are better than we have.

Oxley

Stanton Allen

Malonga

Know what mean Norfolk, personally I would be happy to see the back of him, but, AS seems to like him so , on that basis, included him in the starting 11

Kato
05-09-2014, 07:03 PM

You over rate your own opinion.

AlbertK86
05-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Yep Malonga and Cummings through the middle with Kennedy and Sinclair on the wings Both Sinclair and Malonga quoted as can play central and on the wing Allan plus 1 in CM .... Not sure who as Craig and Robbo both struggling to make an impact and Stanton looks a wee bit off form for now. maybe Lewis with Booth in at LB

Forgot about mcgeogh he's in the middle with Allan for me

mmmmhibby
05-09-2014, 08:05 PM
AS is clearly revamping our team. Been a long time coming. As a matter of interest which players in our first team are into the last year of their contract? As they will clearly be concerned regarding their future.

Brightside
05-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Hanlon, Stevenson, Cummings, Harris ??

I like booth - but only as the wide player in a 5 mid. He cannot defend and doesn't want to.

erin go bragh
05-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Zibbysgloves !! Aye right .. Brokeback quiet a take it .
Can smell your yamish from here in Cyprus .

Ggtth

Bleeds green
05-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Sad pathetic loser reeking of yam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
05-09-2014, 08:36 PM

I can understand some of the reaction to the ZibbyGloves gadge as he has been here before, tried and failed.

But the bit in bold - what on earth does this mean?

Ronniekirk
05-09-2014, 08:40 PM
AS is clearly revamping our team. Been a long time coming. As a matter of interest which players in our first team are into the last year of their contract? As they will clearly be concerned regarding their future.
Heff Craig Robertson Stevenson for definite

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 08:49 PM
I can understand some of the reaction to the ZibbyGloves gadge as he has been here before, tried and failed.

But the bit in bold - what on earth does this mean?

Like Danny he's too busy checking himself out to care for the cause. My opinion only, but I think Danny and on some occasions Jason show this attitude.

California-Hibs
05-09-2014, 08:52 PM
With Mcgeouch apparently flying in training really looking the part, we really do have a lot of good options. We have a team that FAR exceeds that of the majority of other Championship teams. Yes it's been a poor start, but I'm convinced we're going to very shortly go on a winning streak. The Alloa game aside, I saw enough in the Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk game to leave me optimistic, then Kennedy came along and showed his worth and great ability to drive at players and beat men for fun, and now a couple of new strikers along with Mcgeouch.

I think non of us can argue with the signings of Stubbs so far that we've seen in the flesh, and for this reason alone I'm very excited to see what Mcgeouch, sinclair, and Molonga have to offer!

Iggy Pope
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM

Like Danny he's too busy checking himself out to care for the cause. My opinion only, but I think Danny and on some occasions Jason show this attitude.

Two young men indulging in a photo is what I see there? And yes, they both have haircuts. Me too.

Pickle
05-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Oxley

Stanton Allen

Malonga

Can you see Stanton being asked to play deep midfield? Encouraged to see more attacking flair but bar our centre halves can't see a lot of tackles in there, which we'll need for this league

Brooster
05-09-2014, 09:00 PM
I think Heffernan is finished. Too slow...must be easy to mark. Give me the pace of Cummings and Kennedy any day. Lets hope the new boys hace pace to burn.

Brightside
05-09-2014, 09:02 PM

Hahaha thats just two young lads who are pals..... I really hope they love themselves as that is the attitude winners have. Forster loves a selfie too.... All those boys work their a$$ of in training and in games and are hugely respected by our new coaching staff. They are the future of our club. Thankfully.

Iggy Pope
05-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I think Heffernan is finished. Too slow...must be easy to mark. Give me the pace of Cummings and Kennedy any day. Lets hope the new boys hace pace to burn.

Agree.
Alloa was the sum for me. It was a turgid performance. And while we can acknowledge the mans legs might go, his past few appearances suggest that his finishing has left him too. Add that to the fact that he is clearly pish in the air and what have we left?

Brightside
05-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Can you see Stanton being asked to play deep midfield? Encouraged to see more attacking flair but bar our centre halves can't see a lot of tackles in there, which we'll need for this league

Longer term Sammy will be our holding mid.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Two young men indulging in a photo is what I see there? And yes, they both have haircuts. Me too.

They look a pair of f*****s in my opinion but I don't know them. It's the pouting and finger stuff that riles me. I just think they rate themselves that's all. I'm not having a go, I do think Jason has a bit talent about him I just hope he produces on the park before he thinks he's big time and not the other way round.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:09 PM

There's nothing to say our deeper midfield players can't play a bit?

It's a common misconception that the deeper midfielder has to be a hard man.

Brightside
05-09-2014, 09:12 PM
They look a pair of f*****s in my opinion but I don't know them. It's the pouting and finger stuff that riles me. I just think they rate themselves that's all. I'm not having a go, I do think Jason has a bit talent about him I just hope he produces on the park before he thinks he's big time and not the other way round.

Good. Do you not think a footballer shout rate themselves. They should think they are the best on the planet...otherwise they will be shiyite on the field... Handling had a great game against Rangers...two games later people on here are saying he's rubbish (personally i thought he did his job very well against Hearts - and Stubbs thought the same). If he wasn't cocky he'd be in a sick kids home by now. Danny Handling will be a great player for us for the next 5+ years....but he will have poor games..thats normal. I'd happily have 11 players like them than some of the rubbish we've had to watch for the last few years.

Iggy Pope
05-09-2014, 09:13 PM
They look a pair of f*****s in my opinion but I don't know them. It's the pouting and finger stuff that riles me. I just think they rate themselves that's all.

I don't know them either. Buggered if I'll be getting riled at stuff like that photo though.

GreenArmy1875
05-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Think Cummings will come good, he has confidence and not scared to shoot. Sub at the moment as has the ability to change games. Love the comments about him and handling's photo, cheer these lads on not slate them

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Good. Do you not think a footballer shout rate themselves. They should think they are the best on the planet...otherwise they will be shiyite on the field... Handling had a great game against Rangers...two games later people on here are saying he's rubbish (personally i thought he did his job very well against Hearts - and Stubbs thought the same). If he wasn't cocky he'd be in a sick kids home by now. Danny Handling will be a great player for us for the next 5+ years....but he will have poor games..thats normal. I'd happily have 11 players like them than some of the rubbish we've had to watch for the last few years.

I am well up for players rating themselves but they have to have the goods first. Jason looks as if he might. Danny doesn't, he doesn't work hard enough on the pitch.

I'll happily take your bet though, Danny handling going on to be a 'good' players for us over the next few years. I just can't see it!

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't know them either. Buggered if I'll be getting riled at stuff like that photo though.

Riled was a poor choice of words, just find it a bit cringey that's all.

Iggy Pope
05-09-2014, 09:17 PM
I am well up for players raging themselves but they have to have the goods first. Jason looks as if he might. Danny doesn't, he doesn't work hard enough on the pitch.

I'll happily take your bet though, Danny handling going on to be a 'good' players for us over the next few years. I just can't see it!

Oops. Oo-er. missus.

Brightside
05-09-2014, 09:31 PM
I am well up for players rating themselves but they have to have the goods first. Jason looks as if he might. Danny doesn't, he doesn't work hard enough on the pitch.

He will Sir. Stubbs sees it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:34 PM
He will Sir. Stubbs sees it.

Fair do's. Time will tell.

I certainly don't enjoy watching Danny in the Hibs team. No disrespect intended to the guy.

Brightside
05-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Fair do's. Time will tell.

I certainly don't enjoy watching Danny in the Hibs team. No disrespect intended to the guy.

Next game he plays...spend 10 mins just watching him... Its a thankless role but he;s good at it... But because there is not always an end product many fans will think he;s not involved in the game. Only thing i want from the fans is to give all the players our support when they are on the park (ps I'm not claiming you;d do otherwise)

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Next game he plays...spend 10 mins just watching him... Its a thankless role but he;s good at it... But because there is not always an end product many fans will think he;s not involved in the game. Only thing i want from the fans is to give all the players our support when they are on the park (ps I'm not claiming you;d do otherwise)

Nah your bang on. Regardless of the turmoil we are in I think game days we need to raise the roof and support the team. Protesting and moaning can be done another time and all I want is for Hibs to win.

I have done that though, I think he is position less? That's his problem, don't think he has any redeeming attributes that lend him to any position. I don't really know his thankless role.

Potty78
05-09-2014, 09:44 PM

Oxley

Stanton Allen

Malonga
Stevenson for booth and that's prob the team. Booth ain't that good in defending. Opinions eh

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Stevenson for booth and that's prob the team. Booth ain't that good in defending. Opinions eh

Yeah. At least booth does one of the two.

Brightside
05-09-2014, 09:50 PM
I realise we are way off topic...but. He'll play against most of the better teams. We will play 4231. He'll play behind the striker....and he presses the holding two mids when the ball comes to them... he will also make runs off the striker in attack and try and create space for the 1. I agree when we play a more advanced formation he may only be a last 20 mins player. Basically he is a neutraliser and a creater of space.

eastterrace
05-09-2014, 09:51 PM

jeez you cant say that on here, you better duck.

eastterrace
05-09-2014, 09:53 PM
I realise we are way off topic...but. He'll play against most of the better teams. We will play 4231. He'll play behind the striker....and he presses the holding two mids when the ball comes to them... he will also make runs off the striker in attack and try and create space for the 1. I agree when we play a more advanced formation he may only be a last 20 mins player. Basically he is a neutraliser and a creater of space.

what is this new position the neutraliser, wonder who played that role in the turnbull team. things getting complicated imo

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:53 PM
jeez you cant say that on here, you better duck.

Hahaha. Am ready for it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 09:58 PM

I know the role. Would rather see Cummings in that role. Danny just doesn't close guys quick enough. Too many times he gets beaten and people run away from him. He looks a bit like a lost wee boy playing football that doesn't have a good football brain.

Who am I though so we will see if Danny plays a vital role in our portion push. Stubbs obviously rates him.

Hibbyradge
05-09-2014, 10:01 PM

You're owning this thread.

hfc-1875
05-09-2014, 10:04 PM

Sorry but what has cumming actually done Barr the Hamilton game?? Handling looked good first couple games but the last few he's looked dreadful again.

Mikey09
05-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Handling is Pish, Cummings is a great prospect

Pish in comparison to who?? Ronaldo..... Yeah he probably is. Compared to other players of his age and experience in the championship then sir it's you that's talking pish.... :na na:

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Pish in comparison to who?? Ronaldo..... Yeah he probably is. Compared to other players of his age and experience in the championship then sir it's you that's talking pish.... :na na:

That's not entirely true as we have only beaten livi.

There are players at Alloa, hearts and Falkirk with less experience and his age that have showed more.

eastterrace
05-09-2014, 10:16 PM

cant score , cant dribble , cant head a ball, but other than that he will go far.

Mikey09
05-09-2014, 10:31 PM
That's not entirely true as we have only beaten livi.

There are players at Alloa, hearts and Falkirk with less experience and his age that have showed more.

How many times have you seen these superstars at Alloa?? Boys at hearts have been forced into the team week in week out with a lot of them failing to make the grade. Danny is a very good player and will prove his worth, of that I'm certain. Jesus.... It must be great being a young player at hibs with the backing they get from some quarters eh??!

B.H.F.C
05-09-2014, 10:32 PM

There is no end product but what he does is good? Playing in the role he does is all about end product. Be it providing a killer pass or chipping in yourself. He doesn't do either.

eastterrace
05-09-2014, 10:34 PM
How many times have you seen these superstars at Alloa?? Boys at hearts have been forced into the team week in week out with a lot of them failing to make the grade. Danny is a very good player and will prove his worth, of that I'm certain. Jesus.... It must be great being a young player at hibs with the backing they get from some quarters eh??!
sorry mate when danny runs out with the team he gets my backing like the rest off them, but what we are saying is he just isnt very good footballer at the moment, whether he can improve im not so sure.

calamitus
05-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Sad pathetic loser reeking of yam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a certain piscine aroma wafting from both post and user name
Edit - not yours, the one you were quoting :)

Mikey09
05-09-2014, 10:37 PM
cant score , cant dribble , cant head a ball, but other than that he will go far.

He's already got a goal to his name this season hasn't he?? Watched him in the 20's and he can dribble so that's nonsense too. Oh and plenty players past and present couldn't header a ball yet did and are doing pretty well for themselves... But don't let that stop you with your character assassination of the lad.... :aok:

CapitalGreen
05-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Riled was a poor choice of words, just find it a bit cringey that's all.

More cringey than a grown man stalking teenage boys social networking sites for pics?

H18Y GW
05-09-2014, 11:34 PM

Im no Yam and imo he is bang on, both are not starters
even in this squad:::

Billychaotic182
06-09-2014, 01:06 AM
Im no Yam and imo he is bang on, both are not starters
even in this squad:::

If agree at the moment they are not starters but they have talent and will be starters in the future. The just need to adapt there game a little I think danny needs to be more physical And jason needs to find his finishing that he had for the under 20s

But mark my word they will come good. And who cares if they like a daft hair cut and a selfie they are young. Doesn't mean they are big headed it's just a trend. Lighten up a bit like the people who are complaing didn't do silly things when they were 19.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-09-2014, 07:29 AM

Like I said on match days I'll be right behind whoever plays.

I've played semi pro sport for years and had criticism from supporters, didn't really bother me and always helped me raise my game.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-09-2014, 07:32 AM
More cringey than a grown man stalking teenage boys social networking sites for pics?

Big difference I'm afraid but I don't really like that you are insinuating about me stalking teenage boys.

Mikey09
06-09-2014, 09:06 AM

I've played semi pro sport for years and had criticism from supporters, didn't really bother me and always helped me raise my game.

Well that's obviously where you and me disagree. In my opinion I never see the point of publicly criticising a young player. It is a completely pointless exercise that should be left to the manager/coaching staff to deal with in the changing room or training ground. Yes they sometimes have to get there point across during the game but usually this is done in a positive way, unlike our previous manager and sidekick who turned a host of players against them with there "old school" antics. Constructive criticism brings positive results..... And I include supporters in that as well. Mikey's opinion only. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Jeezo Fitba hasn't half got complicated.

Enforcers, decoys, neutralisers.....

It all started with Claude Makelele and, perhaps to a greater extent, Matthias Jack.

whiskyhibby
06-09-2014, 10:09 AM

Aye right.................. I smell freshly roasted yam.....

duffers
06-09-2014, 10:20 AM
This thread as just got worse as it's gone on. The slating of Cummings and Handling for a photo together topped it.

Cummings - 1 start, 1 goal this season. The lad got about 30 last year for the 20s! he's a goalscorer, and Will score a bucket of goals in this league.
I'm also making an assumption not many people know much about Sinclair or Malonga. I'll let Stubbs make the decision of who should be in the team.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Well that's obviously where you and me disagree. In my opinion I never see the point of publicly criticising a young player. It is a completely pointless exercise that should be left to the manager/coaching staff to deal with in the changing room or training ground. Yes they sometimes have to get there point across during the game but usually this is done in a positive way, unlike our previous manager and sidekick who turned a host of players against them with there "old school" antics. Constructive criticism brings positive results..... And I include supporters in that as well. Mikey's opinion only. :thumbsup:

Hibs.net is not really the public opinion. If Danny was to read this surely he is a big enough laddie to take it on board or ignore it.

He's not really a young player in football terms. I would've thought he'd be more of a regular if he was going to be a future Hibs star but time will tell I suppose.

Eyrie
06-09-2014, 01:09 PM
We've seen enough of Handling for many of us to have justifiable doubts about whether he will be good enough for Hibs.

We haven't seen enough of Cummings yet, so we can still hope that he will be good enough.

Dashing Bob S
06-09-2014, 01:17 PM
This thread as just got worse as it's gone on. The slating of Cummings and Handling for a photo together topped it.

Cummings - 1 start, 1 goal this season. The lad got about 30 last year for the 20s! he's a goalscorer, and Will score a bucket of goals in this league.
I'm also making an assumption not many people know much about Sinclair or Malonga. I'll let Stubbs make the decision of who should be in the team.

Malonga-Cummings for me.

J-C
06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
For me I'd go a 4-2-3-1 with Cummings on the left and Sinclair on the right, so effectively playing a 4-3-3 when attacking and 4-5-1 when dropping back.
Harris/Kennedy/Stanton could easily come off the bench and play in any of the 3 roles behind the striker, it gives us pace and invention and also a goal scoring threat.

.................................................. ..Oxley........................................... ..............

Gray......................Forster................. .....................Fontaine................Steve nson

.............................Robertson............ .............Allan................................ .........

Sinclair (IF).................................McGeough..... ...............................Cummings(IF)

.............................................Malon ga................................................ .......

Mikey09
06-09-2014, 09:32 PM

Massive difference in getting a few shouts from one man and his dug to 8-10k supporters getting on yer case..... You are making out because you can brush off a couple of shouts others playing for a bigger club in front of many more fans should be able to as well. These boys will get a hard enough time from opposition fans without there own slating them. My opinion again.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Massive difference in getting a few shouts from one man and his dug to 8-10k supporters getting on yer case..... You are making out because you can brush off a couple of shouts others playing for a bigger club in front of many more fans should be able to as well. These boys will get a hard enough time from opposition fans without there own slating them. My opinion again.

To be honest you've no idea the support that attended the sports I've played having played in a number of countries.
Am only speaking from experience. They are not wee boys, they need to man up and fight for a win because at the moment too many are content picking up their pay packet.
For what it's worth I don't agree in being negative and jeering the team at ER but on a fans (not players) forum I quite enjoy discussing the positives and negatives of our club.

Mikey09
07-09-2014, 07:30 AM
To be honest you've no idea the support that attended the sports I've played having played in a number of countries.
Am only speaking from experience. They are not wee boys, they need to man up and fight for a win because at the moment too many are content picking up their pay packet.
For what it's worth I don't agree in being negative and jeering the team at ER but on a fans (not players) forum I quite enjoy discussing the positives and negatives of our club.

Maybe me mis reading what you said. Thought when you said about you getting a hard time in your sport then it was acceptable for the likes of Danny etc to get the same. My point is I find that kind of stuff has a totally negative affect on players never mind young inexperienced ones..... Fair do's about the forum tho I tend to get pissed off at posts such as "he's pish", "he's fuciking rubbish", with nothing else to support there argument. When I coach I always try and be upbeat and positive so it's a pet hate of mine to see kids getting slaughtered at games and even on this forum. Suppose I should respect other people have there way of putting things across tho.... My apologies if I've picked you up the wrong way... :thumbsup: