PDA

View Full Version : Morton community trust boss poached by hibs

Ronniekirk
05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Wee article in Greenock telegraph so another piece of jigsaw to add to recent wind of change portfolio anyone get wind of this at consultation Meetings.
Title should start with Morton s Community

PatHead
05-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Always thought this was Hibs best kept secret. Wonder if the new person will raise the profile a bit.

Leith Mo
05-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Wee article in Greenock telegraph so another piece of jigsaw to add to recent wind of change portfolio anyone get wind of this at consultation Meetings.
Title should start with Morton s Community

LD asked me to stay back after Tuesday's meeting after I'd gone up just to say thanks. I stayed waiting and got talking to a guy who was over from Far East where he works for one of the top 6 English clubs in a similar plus youth role who had been interviewed for the job. (He emailed today to say he didn't get it). LD came ovrr as we were talking and said that for the future of the Club she couldn't stress strongly enouhh the importance of this role (also looking for a deputy was the impression that I got). So more ammo for those that say a team on the park should come first and I'm not breaching any confidentiality when I say this but I do see how it fits into a longer term strategy especially when we have signed up a player today. Congratulations on what I hope will be a good appointment. RH from Singapore sorry it didn't work out for you immediately but at least you can enjoy the Grand prix mate

RIP
05-09-2014, 06:22 PM
LD asked me to stay back after Tuesday's meeting after I'd gone up just to say thanks. I stayed waiting and got talking to a guy who was over from Far East where he works for one of the top 6 English clubs in a similar plus youth role who had been interviewed for the job. (He emailed today to say he didn't get it). LD came ovrr as we were talking and said that for the future of the Club she couldn't stress strongly enouhh the importance of this role (also looking for a deputy was the impression that I got). So more ammo for those that say a team on the park should come first and I'm not breaching any confidentiality when I say this but I do see how it fits into a longer term strategy especially when we have signed up a player today. Congratulations on what I hope will be a good appointment. RH from Singapore sorry it didn't work out for you immediately but at least you can enjoy the Grand prix mate

Great post mate. Richard would have been a fabulous appointment but it may have come too early in his career. He is without doubt one of the most passionate, articulate and intelligent coaches I have met. A top man and a great Hibby.

bob12345
05-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Tom Elliott is excellent. Falkirk's community setup is among the most impressive I've came across in Scotland. Very encouraging.

Ronniekirk
06-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Tom Elliott is excellent. Falkirk's community setup is among the most impressive I've came across in Scotland. Very encouraging.
What is it that Falkirk do that we haven't been doing ?

bob12345
06-09-2014, 10:38 PM
What is it that Falkirk do that we haven't been doing ?

They run one of the biggest grassroots tournaments in Scotland, including the chance for many of the younger players to play on the stadium pitch. They also have community teams playing in the local grassroots leagues. And a lot more too, I know they have a huge bank of young full time community coaching staff - taking advantage of various funding programmes.

Ronniekirk
06-09-2014, 10:47 PM
They run one of the biggest grassroots tournaments in Scotland, including the chance for many of the younger players to play on the stadium pitch. They also have community teams playing in the local grassroots leagues. And a lot more too, I know they have a huge bank of young full time community coaching staff - taking advantage of various funding programmes.

Thanks I think Leeann is certainly going to tap into different Funding Programmes and George Craig has been brought in with his knowledge of that through S F A .

Leith Mo
08-09-2014, 01:12 PM
See the job ads on the official site today - there is also a separate thread here on .net

Looking for Director of the Foundation adn Under-20s Development Coach. Closing date later this week?

Ronniekirk
10-09-2014, 07:39 AM
I applied for said job, didn't get it, but have been offered something else! Had the same role down south, about time Hibs caught up :agree:
Would be interested to know your thoughts on what it is we are catching up on.I know Leeann has made it a key part of her vision going forward that we briidge the Dissconnect between academy a. Nd first team but as I live in Paisley I haven't managed to getto meetings / consultations where this has maybe been discussed in more detail . I know we have the tie up with Spartans and recently some other team I think ,but interested how all this plays out going forward as obviously this is the future for the club going forward .
We appeared to have good youth sides that were doing well and winning and some of these players are now in first team squad .So are we looking at increasing staff to build more local connections at grass roots level and have system in place to identify and nurture young talent and bring them through this new system with better coaching etc while at same time raising profile of club in the community and looking to get more younger supporters through door while also trying to get best local young players to come though our system
I know there are guys out there that watch the youth and other teams regularly like billy whizz and o connects strip so would be interested in thier take on this as well
I assume there will be some something written up by Leeann and George Craig on this area is that available .i am not looking for a job just interested in this area to see how it develops as assume this has to be a long term vision where as we seemed to build the Academy for a large outlay and players have great facilities there but the reality is we have ended up relegated so clearly haven't made best use of what we had .

Leith_Hibee
10-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Would be interested to know your thoughts on what it is we are catching up on.I know Leeann has made it a key part of her vision going forward that we briidge the Dissconnect between academy a. Nd first team but as I live in Paisley I haven't managed to getto meetings / consultations where this has maybe been discussed in more detail . I know we have the tie up with Spartans and recently some other team I think ,but interested how all this plays out going forward as obviously this is the future for the club going forward .
We appeared to have good youth sides that were doing well and winning and some of these players are now in first team squad .So are we looking at increasing staff to build more local connections at grass roots level and have system in place to identify and nurture young talent and bring them through this new system with better coaching etc while at same time raising profile of club in the community and looking to get more younger supporters through door while also trying to get best local young players to come though our system
I know there are guys out there that watch the youth and other teams regularly like billy whizz and o connects strip so would be interested in thier take on this as well
I assume there will be some something written up by Leeann and George Craig on this area is that available .i am not looking for a job just interested in this area to see how it develops as assume this has to be a long term vision where as we seemed to build the Academy for a large outlay and players have great facilities there but the reality is we have ended up relegated so clearly haven't made best use of what we had .

Spartans has one of the best community academies in Scotland. People confuse the Spartans academy with Spartans Football Club. They are two different entities whereby the football club is a Ltd company and the Academy is a charity. The chairty get grants from various sources, such as Scottish Government, Children in Need, Sports Scotland etc etc for the work they do in the community. They provide opportunites, education, life skills etc through the medium of Sport. I was at a dinner last week for their academy (the charity) and it reduced fotball hardman Graeme Souness to tears...the work they are doing is powerful stuff. With the profile of a club like Hibs, they have the opportunity to take this model and multiply it by 100. By making the club part of the community this will re-engage Hibs with the community and will increase our fan base over time. We've been a closed shop for the last 10 years plus. Football creates childhood memories and changes lives.

Going off topic, was good to hear Souness talk about his Rangers debut :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
11-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Spartans has one of the best community academies in Scotland. People confuse the Spartans academy with Spartans Football Club. They are two different entities whereby the football club is a Ltd company and the Academy is a charity. The chairty get grants from various sources, such as Scottish Government, Children in Need, Sports Scotland etc etc for the work they do in the community. They provide opportunites, education, life skills etc through the medium of Sport. I was at a dinner last week for their academy (the charity) and it reduced fotball hardman Graeme Souness to tears...the work they are doing is powerful stuff. With the profile of a club like Hibs, they have the opportunity to take this model and multiply it by 100. By making the club part of the community this will re-engage Hibs with the community and will increase our fan base over time. We've been a closed shop for the last 10 years plus. Football creates childhood memories and changes lives.

Going off topic, was good to hear Souness talk about his Rangers debut :thumbsup:
Interesting that Spartans run one of the best Community Academies inthe Country and yet we have ignored this for so long
Who was behind that decision to now get on board was it pre Dempster and Craig arriving or were they on board with ideas before thy were officially employed by us and they sowed the seeds. It's clear this is very much Leeanns way of working from Motherwell .
I know you are saying take the model and multiply it be 100 but will there be stretch aims and a Targets. That Leeann has built Into any framework that has been written up ,as Leeann alluded to her and George writing these up but unless we know what they want it to achieve and within what timescale etc we can't judge if it has been a success . In the new era Transpareny with Fans is something that has been agreed needs to improve .
The reason am asking is that it seems to me Motherwells Fan base has t grown and a lot of thier more successful players laterally were scouted from Eastern Europe and down south so the immediate benefits are the increased community involvement with potential to grow our support and potential to tap into the best of the young talent of teams we develop links with .

flash
11-09-2014, 08:20 AM
This is the direction i want Hibs to move in. An inclusive, community friendly organisation with much closer ties with the fanbase.

i trust LD's integrity in her determination to deliver this but there can be no doubt the continued presence of Rod Petrie is a massive millstone round her neck.

The day his complete departure is announced will be a watershed of massive proportions for Hibernian and will help us all come together and move forward as one.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2014, 08:34 AM
This is the direction i want Hibs to move in. An inclusive, community friendly organisation with much closer ties with the fanbase.

i trust LD's integrity in her determination to deliver this but there can be no doubt the continued presence of Rod Petrie is a massive millstone round her neck.

The day his complete departure is announced will be a watershed of massive proportions for Hibernian and will help us all come together and move forward as one.

:agree: and to be perfectly honest until that happens, in my opinion we are pissing against the wind.

Ronniekirk
12-09-2014, 07:29 AM

Why would R P not want the community development and tie ups being proposed by Leeann to succeed The Board have clearly ratified the plan and S T F is all for developing community links that was one of the key motivators when he saved the club was it not .
I don't disagree that it's time for R P to move on but don't see why he would be obstructive in regards to Leeanns plans on this front

flash
12-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Its not that he would stop this. Its the fact that people will not buy into it while he remains.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Its not that he would stop this. Its the fact that people will not buy into it while he remains.
Why does everything have to come full circle back to Petrie . The academy and youth set up and community links is our Future he must know going forward he isn't part of that that .