05-09-2014, 11:33 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football

05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Was he not training with the yams.

05-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Was he not training with the yams.

Yes but they decided they didn't need him because they've got loads of cover for defensive positions already.

'Quantity Over ........'

05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes but they decided they didn't need him because they've got loads of cover for defensive positions already.

'Quantity Over ........'

That's a load of toshney. If they were well covered in defense, why take him on trial in the first place? He wasn't good enough but they would'nt broadcast that thinking some other mugs might take him on. If he was good enough they would probably have gone for him. Still, it's up to Stubbs.

05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
We seem to be going back over Pat Fenlon's targets.

Pattison was looked at under Fenlon and so was Toshney.

I remember paying particular attention to Toshney in the game v. Dundee before the cup final against Celtic because of the info I had. He was absolutely mince.

Trying to get Sparky on loan was also a repeat. :greengrin

05-09-2014, 11:58 AM
That's a load of toshney. If they were well covered in defense, why take him on trial in the first place? He wasn't good enough but they would'nt broadcast that thinking some other mugs might take him on. If he was good enough they would probably have gone for him. Still, it's up to Stubbs.

Are you suggesting hibs are mugs to give him a trial? Decent players have been rejected by clubs before and they've gone on to do well elsewhere.

05-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Are you suggesting hibs are mugs to give him a trial? Decent players have been rejected by clubs before and they've gone on to do well elsewhere.

Actually, I think giving the likes of Toshney a trial over Riordan is crazy and can't believe some people on here are ok it with. And threads like this make us the laughing stock of fan forums around the country....nay, around the world !!

Could be a great scoring partnership resurrected? :wink:

Four days later, Toshney made his second appearance in a 1–1 draw with Hearts. His header from a corner was blocked on the line before Paul Heffernan put it in the back of the net - wiki

05-09-2014, 12:38 PM

I remember paying particular attention to Toshney in the game v. Dundee before the cup final against Celtic because of the info I had. He was absolutely mince.

I recall that game as well. Didn't have any info on him but he stood out the whole game. Stood out as someone who was absolutely hopeless at football.

05-09-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm sorry but deary me, is this the type of quality over quantity we were promised? I suppose this is me trolling again, but does anyone still believe that anymore? :rolleyes:

05-09-2014, 12:42 PM
It's a trial guys, he's not been given a 6 year deal. I trust Stubbs judgement based on who he's brought in so far. If he's to get a deal it'll be because he has impressed in training.

05-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry but deary me, is this the type of quality over quantity we were promised? I suppose this is me trolling again, but does anyone still believe that anymore? :rolleyes:

You are right. It is trolling.

05-09-2014, 12:45 PM

Dundee had a left back. Benedictus or something. I thought he was decent but it seems he's been loaned out to Alloa.

05-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Yep, the posse is coming your way BH.

What do you prefer? the guillotine, the rope or lethal injection?

05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
1. Certainly looks like it.
2. No, and I never did for one second.

05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/lewis-toshney-trains-at-hibs-and-hopes-to-earn-a-deal-1-3532416

Link diesnt work. Is that the guy who's a hibby?

05-09-2014, 12:54 PM

My memory of toshney is exactly the same as yours, the fact he's just been pied by hearts doesn't give me much encouragement either.

That said, if he's as bad as he was in that game then there's no way he'll get a deal, he was like a slower less mobile Darren dodds.

05-09-2014, 01:05 PM
It's a trial guys, he's not been given a 6 year deal. I trust Stubbs judgement based on who he's brought in so far. If he's to get a deal it'll be because he has impressed in training.
Well going by the Handling deal, Toshney will probably get a 6 year deal :greengrin

05-09-2014, 01:12 PM
My memory of toshney is exactly the same as yours, the fact he's just been pied by hearts doesn't give me much encouragement either.

That said, if he's as bad as he was in that game then there's no way he'll get a deal, he was like a slower less mobile Darren dodds.

A wee update on Toshney.

He is indeed training with us.

He didn't get a contract from Hearts because they weren't wanting him, it was because the deal was reliant upon Scott Robinson leaving.

05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
With Hanlon being out and just coming back if we had another defensive injury we would be struggling so we do need someone on short term contract that can
Play a number of positions for cover ,as we also don't know how Fontaine is going to turn out yet either

05-09-2014, 01:23 PM
A wee update on Toshney.

He didn't get a contract from Hearts because they weren't wanting him, it was because the deal was reliant upon Scott Robinson leaving.

Did that Robinson boy not leave hearts?

cheers for info :)

05-09-2014, 01:24 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport

Try this link it is to the news/Scotsman sport page !

05-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Did that Robinson boy not leave hearts?

cheers for info :)

Robinson was told he was free to find another club, he didn't so he is still on the Tynecastle pay roll.

05-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Robinson was told he was free to find another club, he didn't so he is still on the Tynecastle pay roll.

Puts to bed the "Hearts are paying more than us again" crap if they're operating a one in, one out policy.

05-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Aha, gotcha. :aok:

05-09-2014, 01:54 PM

Why are you banging on about that, G.

Stubbs sid that was what he wanted to do back at the start of July. He said it once. You're keeping it alive.

In any case, I think his signings so far have been of a decent quality.

You may have noticed one or two people complaining that Hibs haven't signed another striker.

Maybe the right quality wasn't available.

05-09-2014, 02:10 PM
A wee update on Toshney.

Heard that story from a tea lady at Tynie :greengrin

05-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Why are you banging on about that, G.

Stubbs sid that was what he wanted to do back at the start of July. He said it once. You're keeping it alive.

In any case, I think his signings so far have been of a decent quality.

You may have noticed one or two people complaining that Hibs haven't signed another striker.

Maybe the right quality wasn't available.

Ah so the right quality is not available so we are having a look at Toshney, someone who would have been the first name down to be released had he been at the club last season.

I'd also disagree that Stubbs only said it once, in fact i'm pretty sure even Dempster has quoted this line too, but maybe they were only joking Dave?

But nevermind, those quality players we have brought in so far have done well i'd admit that, and if they all gel we should shoot up the table, hopefully in time for a play off place.

05-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Swap him for O'Dea, Stubbs. :greengrin

05-09-2014, 03:38 PM
So is this guy being written off as mince before he has even signed for us?

We'll need to let Stubbs know so he can stop wasting everyone's time and cut the trial short.

05-09-2014, 03:42 PM
So is this guy being written off as mince before he has even signed for us?

We'll need to let Stubbs know so he can stop wasting everyone's time and cut the trial short.

I said he was mince in the game against us when I was paying particular attention to his performance. I would defy anyone to tell me he was good that day.

I've never said Stubbs shouldn't sign him, that is his call.

Stop being a drama queen.

05-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I said he was mince in the game against us when I was paying particular attention to his performance. I would defy anyone to tell me he was good that day.

Fair do's :greengrin

05-09-2014, 04:04 PM
A wee update on Toshney.

Yep, what I heard also. I also laughed when DR said Yams were covered at the back by "highly-rated" Brad Mackay! I've never seen Toshney play so can't comment but I trust AS to make the right call on his ability, or lack of!

05-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Ah so the right quality is not available so we are having a look at Toshney, someone who would have been the first name down to be released had he been at the club last season.

I don't know anything about Toshney.

Is he a better quality back up to Callum Booth than we currently have?

Have we signed him?

I'd also disagree that Stubbs only said it once, in fact i'm pretty sure even Dempster has quoted this line too, but maybe they were only joking Dave?

As far as I can see, Stubbs has been quoted several times, but actually only said it once. Dempster hasn't said it. Maybe she repeated it, but I can't find any evidence that she did.

As I pointed out, we actually have signed better quality players, so I doubt he/she/they were joking.

But nevermind, those quality players we have brought in so far have done well i'd admit that, and if they all gel we should shoot up the table, hopefully in time for a play off place.

I hope so too.

05-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Fair do's :greengrin

:singing: "You are the Drama Queen, moan & greet, always dressed in green...." :wink::greengrin

(nae offence , PD just a leg-pull)

05-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Our signings have been of a good quality, it's the imposters from last season letting us down.

Some folk will moan about anything, deary me...

05-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Our signings have been of a good quality, it's the imposters from last season letting us down. Some folk will moan about anything, deary me...

Spot on mate

05-09-2014, 06:30 PM

How many times have you seen Toshney ?

05-09-2014, 06:49 PM
How many times have you seen Toshney ?

A few times, seen him for Kilmarnock and Dundee. Nelson is a better defender than him, but i know we need another body in, i'd rather it was someone better than him.

05-09-2014, 07:01 PM
A few times, seen him for Kilmarnock and Dundee. Nelson is a better defender than him, but i know we need another body in, i'd rather it was someone better than him.

I disagree having seen him more than you I would bet if I was a betting man which I'm not. Do not underestimate the draw of young players going to celtic or rangers and not making the grade. I think it's foolish to write of players like this, and having seen him I would rather a young hungry player who has been brought up playing the ball as well as defending as more an asset than Nelson.

incidentally I'm not convinced we will offer him a deal but let's leave it to those in charge.

05-09-2014, 07:13 PM

Was that this season ?

05-09-2014, 07:20 PM
:singing: "You are the Drama Queen, moan & greet, always dressed in green...." :wink::greengrin

(nae offence , PD just a leg-pull)

You know you've made it when you have your own song :greengrin

05-09-2014, 08:24 PM
The first time I saw Henrik Larsson I thought he was a donkey. Just saying.

05-09-2014, 09:31 PM

Dunno, I thought his assist for chico was perfectly weighted :greengrin

05-09-2014, 09:32 PM

I was the same when I first saw Muffin the Mule.

(One for the really auld yins on here :cool2:)

05-09-2014, 09:33 PM

05-09-2014, 09:46 PM

Surely that's illegal? :greengrin

05-09-2014, 09:59 PM

Not if it's consensual.

06-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Not if it's consensual.
The law is an ass. Hee Haw......

06-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Why was Noddy thrown out of toyland ?

He kept Muffin the Mule

I'll get ma coat..........

06-09-2014, 05:24 PM
The law is an ass. Hee Haw......

:agree: FBI = Federal Burro of Investigation

06-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Why was Noddy thrown out of toyland ?

He kept Muffin the Mule

I'll get ma coat..........

..........or the pregnant weed......

.....was it Bill or was it Ben?

06-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Not in Las Vegas.

08-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Signing according to his dad

09-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Stubbs is quoted in the metro as wanting to sort something out with toshney. Also suggests he hopes to have budget for more signings.

09-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Stubbs is quoted in the metro as wanting to sort something out with toshney. Also suggests he hopes to have budget for more signings.

Is he not a CH? Not sure why we need another one. We need a ball winner to work with Allen in the deep 2.

09-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Is he not a CH? Not sure why we need another one. We need a ball winner to work with Allen in the deep 2.

If we are signing cover for CH and RB then hopefully he does have budget for the defensive midfielder......with a pair of baws.

09-09-2014, 07:46 AM
If we are signing cover for CH and RB then hopefully he does have budget for the defensive midfielder......with a pair of baws.
Anyone know who is still out there that's unattached to club and could sign on a free Apart from McFadden who else is still out there that could do a job for us If Toshney signs the view seems to be it's just as cover and he isn't better than what we already have .Don't know a lot about him so only going by what folk are posting . Is there someone still free that can improve us and we can afford .

If we were in talks with McFadden he obviously isn't that keen to come to us and the fact no one has snapped him up means there must be good reasons why this is the case .

HibbyKeith
09-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Just watched his latest Hibs TV interview with Andrew Sleight, I wouldn't get our hopes up about any more arrivals. If Toshney is/has signed then it reads to me like he might be the last until the January window.

HTV: "Is the rebuilding process over? or does it still continue?, there are obviously still free agents available and on the market are we still perhaps looking to bring anymore new faces in?"

STUBBS: "I think for this moment in time, unless someone really crops up, I think we are more or less done. BUT, if someone was available then I'm sure the board would consider it and see whether there's anything in the budget left to bring that person in. but at this moment in time I think you know we're done with the squad. So its not a bad thing now that the window is closed because it means that we can just focus on the group of players that we've got, and to look to start making strides in positive performances into the season."

09-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Just watched his latest Hibs TV interview with Andrew Sleight, I wouldn't get our hopes up about any more arrivals. If Toshney is/has signed then it reads to me like he might be the last until the January window.

HTV: "Is the rebuilding process over? or does it still continue?, there are obviously still free agents available and on the market are we still perhaps looking to bring anymore new faces in?"

STUBBS: "I think for this moment in time, unless someone really crops up, I think we are more or less done. BUT, if someone was available then I'm sure the board would consider it and see whether there's anything in the budget left to bring that person in. but at this moment in time I think you know we're done with the squad. So its not a bad thing now that the window is closed because it means that we can just focus on the group of players that we've got, and to look to start making strides in positive performances into the season."

Sensible reply.. I for one hope we'd rather not keep singing for the sake of signing, concentrate on the team we've got and let the scouts etc look at adding again in January, see if they can pinpoint a few gems

09-09-2014, 04:14 PM

I clearly remember the game you're talking about and other games I've seen Toshney playing, and I have to say that he is most definitely pish. I can't really think of any reason at all why Stubbs would want somebody like that for Hibs, even as cover, but I'm not a football manager.

09-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Sensible reply.. I for one hope we'd rather not keep singing for the sake of signing, concentrate on the team we've got and let the scouts etc look at adding again in January, see if they can pinpoint a few gems

Sing when you're signing, you only sing when you are signing. :-)

09-09-2014, 06:31 PM

bit surprised he thinks we've usedup our budget already, surely not!

12-09-2014, 06:24 AM
He appears to have been Stubbs longest Trialist ,is it because Stubbs is still mulling over other options or is it he wants to sign him but Leeann or whoever is making final decision re signings won't sanction it .

Nevi_SOL
12-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Can trialists play league games in this division?

12-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Can trialists play league games in this division?

12-09-2014, 11:47 AM

You sure as I remember Dundee playing Neil McCann as one