View Full Version : Malonga

05-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Can't see a thread on this! If there is apologies and Admin please delete!!

In June 2011 Cesena acquired Malonga outright for €1.4 million (made Cesena booked €650,000 financial cost for the bonus as the reserved €750,000 for the another half was not enough) He also signed a new 3+1 year contract. However the club relegated at the end of 2011–12 Serie A, which saw Malonga left on loan to other clubs for the rest of his contract.

Malonga scored a total of 10 goals whilst on loan in Serie B for Vicenza and on 2 September 2013 he joined Real Murcia on a season-long loan.

Malonga was released by Cesena on 24 July 2014.

Hibernian[edit]

On Monday 1 September 2014, Malonga began a two week trial at Hibernian. The Edinburgh side require a new striker following a serious injury to Farid El Alagui

05-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Nah nah nah nah nah Malonga (la bamba)

Get him signed

05-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Great name. Sign him

05-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Hes on wikipedia get him in now

05-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Again, hardly prolific at his previous clubs. We definitely need a bigger striker, but this still leaves a lot of weight on the shoulders of Cummings/Sinclair/Heff.

05-09-2014, 09:35 AM
4 days into his trial period, mmmmm let me think about it :wink:

05-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Again, hardly prolific at his previous clubs. We definitely need a bigger striker, but this still leaves a lot of weight on the shoulders of Cummings/Sinclair/Heff.

True altho having a quick look he was behind Adrian Mutu for a season so maybe a good reason why he didn't play/score as often as he wanted..

05-09-2014, 09:39 AM
True altho having a quick look he was behind Adrian Mutu for a season so maybe a good reason why he didn't play/score as often as he wanted..

Good point. I guess I should have also factored in that a lot of his appearances may have been from the bench.

05-09-2014, 09:41 AM
95% of the fans want him.

Get it done, Stubbsy!

05-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Good point. I guess I should have also factored in that a lot of his appearances may have been from the bench.

And I imagine scoring against Raith, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton when playing from the start should be a lot easier than AC Milan, Juventus, Inter etc from the bench..

Should be!! But taking nothing for granted with Hibs at the moment! Interesting trial nonetheless

05-09-2014, 09:46 AM

I think the standard of opposition may have slightly better at his previous clubs. Stubbs will make the correct decision imo. A2 week trial seems pretty long. Maybe it is hibs intention to sign him in time for the Cowdenbeath game?

Gordy M
05-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Has this been confirmed? It was on the michael ocheba thread that a guy on facebook? thought it was malonga, then wiki was updated, no doubt by a hibs fan:wink: stating he was here for a two week trial??

05-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Has this been confirmed? It was on the michael ocheba thread that a guy on facebook? thought it was malonga, then wiki was updated, no doubt by a hibs fan:wink: stating he was here for a two week trial??

Its on various news feeds now.

05-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Games (Goals)

2007–2009 Torino 9 (1)
2008–2009 → Foggia (loan) 10 (1)
2009–2014 Cesena 57 (10)
2012–2013 → Vicenza (loan) 38 (10)
2013–2014 → Murcia (loan) 28 (5)

2007–2008 France U19 2 (2)

05-09-2014, 09:53 AM

Maybe the same Hibs fan who updated Wikipeida? :wink: Already on Wikipedia that he is on trial with us.

Dominique Sossorobla Malonga (born 8 January 1989) is a French born Congolese footballer who plays as a striker.[1] Malonga is currently on trial with SPFL Championship side Hibernian.

05-09-2014, 09:54 AM

In the hootsman.

05-09-2014, 09:54 AM
I think the standard of opposition may have slightly better at his previous clubs. Stubbs will make the correct decision imo. A2 week trial seems pretty long. Maybe it is hibs intention to sign him in time for the Cowdenbeath game?

The three scenarios are probably

Stubbs doesn't fancy him and he's away
Stubbs does want him and Rod is negotiating with the lads agent
He has already signed and Hibs are waiting for the best moment to make the press release to try and increase gate revenue for the next home match.

05-09-2014, 09:57 AM

He has already signed and Hibs are waiting for the best moment to make the press release to try and increase gate revenue for the next home match.

First two points taken but giving away 7k tickets for the next home game won't help increase revenue I'm afraid. :wink:

05-09-2014, 10:05 AM
To be clear it's on the rumour mill section of the Scotsman, ie it could easily have been lifted from here.

I am making enquiries to see if anyone is on trial.

Might be more in Evening News today, eg quote from Stubbs that he is actually here.

Stonewall
05-09-2014, 10:05 AM

Do you have evidence that Petrie is carrying out negotiations rather than LD?

Gordy M
05-09-2014, 10:07 AM
In the hootsman.
Ah right havent seen the papers this morn. Cheers.

05-09-2014, 10:18 AM

Just beat me to that post :greengrin
My lad ( only one now) at EM's tells me LD is the contract " fixer" these days !!

05-09-2014, 10:33 AM
With the chance of bringing in Ocheba, Malonga and O'Dea, we could end up bringing in more players than we did in the official transfer window!!

05-09-2014, 10:34 AM

AS certainly made mention of getting a striker in for the game next Saturday. Hopefully can get this sorted quick and he can get to know his team mates if signing.

05-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Games (Goals)

2007–2009 Torino 9 (1)
2008–2009 → Foggia (loan) 10 (1)
2009–2014 Cesena 57 (10)
2012–2013 → Vicenza (loan) 38 (10)
2013–2014 → Murcia (loan) 28 (5)

2007–2008 France U19 2 (2)

Goal stats are ok however the level he has been playing at is impressive in Serie A and B, and second league in Spain

05-09-2014, 11:00 AM

First two points taken but giving away 7k tickets for the next home game won't help increase revenue I'm afraid. :wink:

Aye, forgot about that. Maybe just waiting for the Scotland game to get out the way then press release to maximise publicity.

Or it could just be Aloadypish :greengrin

05-09-2014, 11:07 AM

Do you have any evidence he's not?

05-09-2014, 11:24 AM
My lad ( only one now) at EM's tells me LD is the contract " fixer" these days !!

Rod. :greengrin

05-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Malonga Malonga he come here from the Congo

(soft drink fans from the 80s will be able to bring younger fans up to speed on the um bongo tune)

05-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Right ..............

So ............., We cannae wait much longa for the Wonga for Malonga from the Conga :wink:

05-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Surely the more sensible approach is for Cummings/Sinclair/Heff to go on the shoulders of a big striker and not the other way around?!? What on Earth are we working on in training?!?

I'm all for youth development, but that's fairly young to be sending your laddie to East Mains. :greengrin

05-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Right ..............

So ............., We cannae wait much longa for the Wonga for Malonga from the Conga :wink:
Let's all do the Conga ,with Dominique Malonga Etc etc .Could be fun every time he scores if we do this in the East

05-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Malonga Malonga he come here from the Congo

(soft drink fans from the 80s will be able to bring younger fans up to speed on the um bongo tune)

Watch "Um Bongo Orginal Advert" on YouTube
Um Bongo Orginal Advert: http://youtu.be/wYj5o4kQsXs

05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
With the chance of bringing in Ocheba, Malonga and O'Dea, we could end up bringing in more players than we did in the official transfer window!!

Ocheba?

05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Heard any info yet regarding Malonga Scoops?

05-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Heard any info yet regarding Malonga Scoops?

There is a large coloured fellow who was at training earlier this week, didn't take part in the double session however.

The players think it is Malonga but they weren't introduced to him.

As a by the way Dylan McGeogh is flying in training, lets hope he can carry it onto the park.

Paloschi
05-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I follow Italian football very closely and Malonga would be a bit of a coup.

Made a bright start in Serie A with Cesena in the 2010/11 Season and has been doing well on loan at some Serie B clubs.

He is not an out and out striker though but is someone who can play behind, wide or with another striker alongside him. He is quite physical but has good pace and great technique. Could be a great foil for Cummings and Heffernan.

I'm surprised he is even on trial however Stubbs did say he like to look at players '5 times' before signing them so he clearly wants a look at him.

05-09-2014, 01:21 PM
There is a large coloured fellow who was at training earlier this week, didn't take part in the double session however.

As a by the way Dylan McGeogh is flying in training, lets hope he can carry it onto the park.

Could that mean there's no deal or to protect the identity of the player, not that it's worked.

05-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Could that mean there's no deal or to protect the identity of the player, not that it's worked.

I've heard a wee whisper (from a reliable type whom I will not name) that we could announce a signing of a striker today!!!!

Juice-Terry
05-09-2014, 01:30 PM

05-09-2014, 01:31 PM
I've heard a wee whisper (from a reliable type whom I will not name) that we could announce a signing of a striker today!!!!

You're one of the best scoops. :greengrin:aok:

05-09-2014, 01:31 PM

OK mate, what are you confused about?

05-09-2014, 01:32 PM
You're one of the best scoops. :greengrin:aok:

Kiss of death mate, but thanks anyway.

If correct it wasn't really me but the guy who contacted me.

05-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Deeks! :hyper:

05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Leigh with a dispensation form Uefa?

05-09-2014, 01:36 PM

:pray:

05-09-2014, 01:38 PM

Coloured ? Pink blue green, come on is there any need for language like that. If he's black say black but surely the colour of his skin is irrelevant

Juice-Terry
05-09-2014, 01:38 PM
OK mate, what are you confused about?

Maybe I misunderstood you, but isn't it strange that he's training with Hibs without being introduced to the other players?

05-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Leigh with a dispensation form Uefa?

If he has grown a foot and changed colour then I think you may have cracked it:cb

05-09-2014, 01:39 PM

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/whodat1234/smilies/28j9quu.gif

05-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Maybe I misunderstood you, but isn't it strange that he's training with Hibs without being introduced to the other players?

I didn't say he was training, I said he was at the training but didn't take part in the double session.

However in the past trialists have been at East Mains and played in a bounce game and none of the players knew who they were.

It's more a case of here is Bob who is playing today. The only thing you could bet on is his name isn't Bob!!!

05-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Or could be he impressed so much that he was immediately whisked away for signing talks with Leeann which will be announced if deal can be worked out as we need to factor in worst case scenario that we may need this person for whole season if set back with Farid .

05-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Coloured ? Pink blue green, come on is there any need for language like that. If he's black say black but surely the colour of his skin is irrelevant

I thought that was politically correct as well.

I'm sure if I said he was black somebody would say I shouldn't be using that term as I'm a racist.

Sometimes you wonder why you post info.

05-09-2014, 01:46 PM
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/whodat1234/smilies/28j9quu.gif

Dinnae get too excited as the Cat would say its not done and dusted till it's over the line and announced by the club .

05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Has anyone actually ever seen this guy play in order to get excited by this rumour?

West hamBERNIAN
05-09-2014, 01:48 PM

I'm sure if I said he was black somebody would say I shouldn't be using that term as I'm a racist.

Also, you clearly never said it in a way that would be deemed racist at all. It's pathetic.

05-09-2014, 01:49 PM

If the signing turns out to be correct what's your thoughts on the player? Good, bad or not heard of him?

05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Also, you clearly never said it in a way that would be deemed racist at all. It's pathetic.

Have to agree with this. Not for a second did I consider Scoopyboy's post in any way racist.

05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
If he has grown a foot and changed colour then I think you may have cracked it:cb

Our new striker is 6'8"?! :shocked:

West hamBERNIAN
05-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Have to agree with this. Not for a second did I consider Scoopyboy's post in any way racist.

Don't you always? 😃

FRes Hibbie
05-09-2014, 01:57 PM

Not looking to change the direction of the thread but I agree with the others; this post is rubbish.

AinsterHibs
Our new striker is 6'8"?! :shocked:

Lol....a Nephilm?

I find someone having a go at Scoops using the word coloured very poor indeed, to attempt to turn this into a racist post is disgraceful and should merit the poster being kicked just for even suggesting such a thing. In no way is using the term "coloured" seen as racist, get a ******g grip.

05-09-2014, 02:00 PM

sensitive souls :agree:

05-09-2014, 02:01 PM

Exactly scoops, you are scared to open your mouth these days without some politically correct person jumping in trying to prove something or other.
I used to call black guys black, thinking that was fine. Then I got told that's racist and I should call them coloured, which I did, then got told that was racist and they should be called black.
FFS it's only a way of describing distinguishing someone and not a racist thought in the head.
Blooming political correctness.

05-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Can we get this back on track please.

Ta.

05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Exactly scoops, you are scared to open your mouth these days without some politically correct person jumping in trying to prove something or other.
I used to call black guys black, thinking that was fine. Then I got told that's racist and I should call them coloured, which I did, then got told that was racist and they should be called black.
FFS it's only a way of describing distinguishing someone and not a racist thought in the head.

Agree in no way was that a racist comment, absolute political correctness BS if you ask me......

05-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately in this day and age the term 'coloured' is deemed racist, black however, isn't

But to try pull Scoopy up for this is just madness.

A simple correction would have been appropriate

Anyway, I'm still signed off work.. I've had nothing to get a chubby about for a while, Scoops, so thanks

Can we get this back on track please.

Ta.

Let's all do the Conga ,with Dominique Malonga Etc etc .Could be fun every time he scores if we do this in the East

Hahahaha .... would be a laugh. Mon Stubbsy and Leeann

05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Let's be honest, it clearly wasn't intended as a racial epithet, but for all those saying how not racist it is, it's not really up to us what should/shouldn't be deemed racist. The person and group being categorised as "coloured" should be making that call. I do agree that intentions are important, but there is potential to offend regardless of the poster's intention.

OT: I'll take any signing at this desperate point, but if it's the same guy talked about in this thread that we're signing, then his record leaves a lot to be desired.

05-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Think you can stop Malonga? You must be hitting the bonga.

05-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately in this day and age the term 'coloured' is deemed racist, black however, isn't

Anyway, I'm still signed off work.. I've had nothing to get a chubby about for a while, Scoops, so thanks

This "Lucky" chap pulled someone up on an another board for indicating that staff in the Rangers shop would be more likely to wear "No" badges in the run up to the forthcoming referendum. The poster was accused of being sectarian. It is madness and there is a pattern emerging.

05-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Think you can stop Malonga? You must be hitting the bonga.

Can we afford his wonga though?

05-09-2014, 02:30 PM
We could sign his brother jonah from tonga

05-09-2014, 02:34 PM
This "Lucky" chap pulled someone up on an another board for indicating that staff in the Rangers shop would be more likely to wear "No" badges in the run up to the forthcoming referendum. The poster was accused of being sectarian. It is madness and there is a pattern emerging.

Aye but they would have "Surrender" underneath it. :agree:

kevo1875
05-09-2014, 02:35 PM
How much longa we gonna have to wait on malonga

05-09-2014, 02:38 PM

Brit Assombalonga?

05-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Brit Assombalonga?

Now there would be a quality signing :agree:

05-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Aye but they would have "Surrender" underneath it. :agree:

:shhhsh!:Lucky will have you up on a sectarian charge with that comment too.

Dombie
05-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Signed at 2 year deal apparently

05-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Signed at 2 year deal apparently

Malonga or Assombalonga?

Dombie
05-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Malonga

KanyeWestLower

Although I don't know you personally, I feel sure that are not a Racist:however around 15 years ago, I used the same terminology when describing a rather large and imposing American gentleman (whilst in the good old US of A).

At the time (which was well before the surge in political correctness) my error in judgement was explained as follows.

If the Large and imposing American Gentleman was WHITE, would you have said look at the size of that huge White Guy?
By the fact that I added the word BLACK / COLOURED I was deemed to be singling him out by the difference in the colour of his skin.

I must admit once I thought about it I saw the point and to this day I do my very best not to include colour, assumed country of origin or assumed sexual orientation.

Not a rant or complaint just a statement of what happened to me.

@HibsOfficial: BREAKING NEWS: #Hibs can confirm Dominique Malonga has agreed to join the club on a two year deal #WelcomeMalonga http://t.co/W4yFILlSLV

FFupper
05-09-2014, 02:49 PM
2 year deal!

Mathias Jack
05-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Welcome Dominique!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4786

05-09-2014, 02:51 PM
2 year deal. Welcome.

05-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Great signing :thumbsup:

JJP
05-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Welcome to Hibs Dom!

05-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Sounds good. Has played in good leagues and also a good age. Hope he feels he has something to prove.

kevo1875
05-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Welcome to hibs

05-09-2014, 02:57 PM
4 days into his trial period, mmmmm let me think about it :wink:

I think that's long enough :greengrin

mentalhibee
05-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Welcome Dominique!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4786

Much needed, hope he does the business!

05-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Wouldn't normally read too much in to YouTube compilations, but it looks encouraging to say the least and his record looks pretty respectable playing in league's that are much above our current level.

Hope all goes well :thumbsup:

05-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Magic. Well done Hibs :thumbsup:

05-09-2014, 03:00 PM

When i were a lad, we were told to say coloured as opposed to black. Now somebody has decided (who? :dunno:) that it's better the other way around.

05-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Fire us to the Premiership big man!

05-09-2014, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qFA6O4894

Just posted this for the "tune" :greengrin

kevo1875
05-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Hopefully him and sinclair will hit it off..Both of them have a bit of much needed pace upfront

05-09-2014, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qFA6O4894

Just posted this for the "tune" :greengrin

Nice video, mute button appreciated.:wink:

Northern Hibby
05-09-2014, 03:06 PM

Describe Davie Dodds :greengrin

05-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Official site says technically very gifted and quick,looks to get by defenders. Important acquisition to squad,who will hopefully score goals.. So does that mean he isn't an out and out striker ,but you would think official site would be more upbeat then say hopefully score goals ..

kevo1875
05-09-2014, 03:08 PM
He is going to bring joy to us..GGTTH

05-09-2014, 03:15 PM
He knows how to take penalties and runs into spaces. .. Looks good to me. .. His first goal in Italy was a cracker

..https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWYLDXvBGC4

05-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Good info Scoops :aok:

05-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Welcome Big Man

SloopJB
05-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Think that could be sizeist, or is it dickist?
Either way it's ist.

05-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Welcome to Hibernian.

Well done >>>>Leeann<<<< , and Stubbsy :agree:

Benny Brazil
05-09-2014, 03:26 PM
He knows how to take penalties and runs into spaces. .. Looks good to me. .. His first goal in Italy was a cracker

..https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pWYLDXvBGC4

Just watched that - seems he's got decent quality.
Note - 4mins into that video when he's playing in the lime green - when he celebrates scoring - check out the his team mate - player called Mustachhio - its a sign!! Rod must have been watching! :greengrin

05-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Indeed.

05-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Although I don't know you personally, I feel sure that are not a Racist:however around 15 years ago, I used the same terminology when describing a rather large and imposing American gentleman (whilst in the good old US of A).

At the time (which was well before the surge in political correctness) my error in judgement was explained as follows.

If the Large and imposing American Gentleman was WHITE, would you have said look at the size of that huge White Guy?
By the fact that I added the word BLACK / COLOURED I was deemed to be singling him out by the difference in the colour of his skin.

I must admit once I thought about it I saw the point and to this day I do my very best not to include colour, assumed country of origin or assumed sexual orientation.

Not a rant or complaint just a statement of what happened to me.
The reason the word 'coloured' might be deemed racist might stem back to the evil days of South African apartheid. There was racial segregation there, and 'coloured' people (people of mixed race) were allowed to vote where as black people weren't, so in a warped way, 'coloured' and 'black' meant 2 completely different things.
Anyway, I think Malonga looks like a good signing. He has good credentials too, but it'll be interesting to see where he plays when El Alagui comes back; maybe just behind the front 2. Interesting signing.

05-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Well done, Hibs said they were looking at player's outwith the window, looks a good pedigree

05-09-2014, 03:46 PM
The footballing side of this discussion can be continued here.......

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?289614-Official-Site-STRIKER-MALONGA-JOINS

Anything else can be reserved for the Holy Ground :wink: