PDA

View Full Version : Malpas

Billy Whizz
04-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Guest on Sportsound tonight, just coming on now

Carheenlea
04-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Hope their bleeping machine is in good working order.

GreenLake
04-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Ah'l pass

Gettin' Auld
04-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Ah'l pass

I'll hoof it into the corners. :greengrin

oneone73
04-09-2014, 05:25 PM

I'll run like **** after it

GreenLake
04-09-2014, 05:32 PM

:tee hee:

Pretty Boy
04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Who?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM
He'll tell them to **** off.

3pm
04-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Maurice's upbringing appears to reflect his own coaching style.

3pm
04-09-2014, 05:59 PM
No Maurice's fault.

Billy Whizz
04-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Says he's interested in the County job, but can't speak for Terry

DH1875
04-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Did he have anything interesting to say?

Peevemor
04-09-2014, 06:06 PM

Did he f***!

Billy Whizz
04-09-2014, 06:09 PM

A few snippets from him, was mostly on to talk about the Scotland game.
Said he knew after a few months that they'd made the wrong move to go to Hibs. Said that the players at Hibs, weren't right for what they wanted, said they weren't bad players, just not the right ones, as Hibs had under performed for a few years.

silverhibee
04-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Who?

The gardeners apprentice.

F*** Off. :tee hee:

Baader
04-09-2014, 06:11 PM
"The best coach in Scotland" as I recall...

The final stages of TB does include apparent delirium mind you.

Lago
04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Said he knew after a few months that they'd made the wrong move to go to Hibs. Said that the players at Hibs, weren't right for what they wanted, said they weren't bad players, just not the right ones, as Hibs had under performed for a few years.
True

Pretty Boy
04-09-2014, 06:21 PM

Sure good managers and coaches are capable of changing their styles, even for a short time.

Kato
04-09-2014, 06:28 PM

So it was the players fault, and also Hibs' fault we got relegated. Aye, right enough Maurice it wasn't your ancient game plan and tactic. (note the singular)

macca70
04-09-2014, 06:30 PM

The players weren't right, did they not bring a load of them in.

So not bad players, just not the right ones? What a load of pish.

It's not as if players were having to be played out of position so what else were they wanting?

Billy Whizz
04-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Also said he got a voicemail when he was on holiday re his sacking, from the Chairman, not Leeann

Mr White
04-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Also said he got a voicemail when he was on holiday re his sacking, from the Chairman, not Leeann

Well hopefully that's him breached the terms of his gardening leave and we can stop paying the useless arrogant ****.

Kato
04-09-2014, 06:51 PM
what else were they wanting?

I dunno what they wanted then but now they want to avoid any and all blame for Hibs being relegated.

lord bunberry
04-09-2014, 07:05 PM

I wish that after a few months he had just ****ed off then and taken that clown Butcher with him

Roxyhibee
04-09-2014, 07:20 PM
A complete and utter bluffer of a man, who struts around pretending he's a tough talker and taking wages under the guise of being a football coach. Incredible.

This moronic cretin should always be remembered down Easter Road way with the utmost disdain. One of the worst stains on our history - and we've had a few recently.

hibeesjoe
04-09-2014, 07:25 PM
What's worse is they got contracts with a team that was 5th in the league, then Relegated them and got a massive pay off. Its not butchers or malpas's fault. Its whatever chump gave them a contract with no get out clause.

schinkenotto
04-09-2014, 07:41 PM
What's worse is they got contracts with a team that was 5th in the league, then Relegated them and got a massive pay off. Its not butchers or malpas's fault. Its whatever chump gave them a contract with no get out clause.

Spot on.At the first consultation meeting,Ms Dempster in response to a question said that she had ensured that the new manager's contract had been framed in such a way that there would be no repetition of the gardening leave fiasco.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Pathetic excuse. And note to hirers of Hibs managers - as first what candidates intend to do WITH WHAT WE HAVE and that the style of play fits with he clubs traditions and aspiration.

smurf
04-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Spot on.At the first consultation meeting,Ms Dempster in response to a question said that she had ensured that the new manager's contract had been framed in such a way that there would be no repetition of the gardening leave fiasco.

RP's fantastic negotiator reputation is unravelling more each passing day....

Mibbes Aye
04-09-2014, 08:52 PM
RP's fantastic negotiator reputation is unwavering more each passing day....

Unwavering? :tee hee:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2014, 08:54 PM
That'll be the lawyer dudess' job to make em water tight... TB might just have had us over a barrel another consequence of our desperation in failed appointments - what a fiasco

steakbake
04-09-2014, 09:35 PM

Unravelling?

Well, if his judgement and actions on management and player recruitment is as it seems then there's a whole lot of other decisions he's made.

Criswell
04-09-2014, 09:43 PM

And of course the new management have totally transformed these same players!

Hibbyradge
04-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Unwavering? :tee hee:

The man means what he says. :wink:

Bostonhibby
04-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Says he's interested in the County job, but can't speak for Terry

Fair enough, but could he swear for him?

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Must admit I was fooled by Butcher and was happy with his appointment. However, what I did say at the time was that I hoped Malpas stayed up in the highlands and that Butcher kept Jimmy Nicholl on as his new assistant. The players were on record as saying they really liked JN and that his training was great. Most on here thought it was crucial we got Malpas as well as some sort of 'dream team' package. I've never been able to stomach the guy. A truly boring, miserable, angry old goat.
He should never work in football again. Shocking at Motherwell, even worse at Hibs

Jones28
04-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Fair enough, but could he swear for him?
**** off

He said :greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
04-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Bunch of pric&s

Haymaker
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Sure good managers and coaches are capable of changing their styles, even for a short time.

You would think.

bigwheel
05-09-2014, 05:41 AM
The interviewer was so sycophantic with Malpas - and Malpas came over like a football dinosaur ....so glad they are nowhere near this club now ....

Bleeds green
05-09-2014, 06:40 AM
The players fault? Was it KTs fault that u took a dislike to him (the best footballer in the team) and didn't play him when most needed, also Mcpake fit for 8 weeks when we needed him the most but also not played, give me peace full of self importance the both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
05-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Now that both he and Butcher are in paid employment again (from TV), shouldn't we stop paying their wages?

:wink:

emerald green
05-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Now that both he and Butcher are in paid employment again (from TV), shouldn't we stop paying their wages?

:wink:

Not bad if you can get it. Money rolling in from Hibs for doing SFA, plus picking up nice wee earners from meeja work. Makes me want to spew. :grr:

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Not bad if you can get it. Money rolling in from Hibs for doing SFA, plus picking up nice wee earners from meeja work. Makes me want to spew. :grr:
Pair of self important pr###s who would now struggle to get a job at B&Q. However I hope they get the Ross Cty gig and we face and relegate them in play off final. All wishful thinking but what poetic justice that would provide...

Tom Hart RIP
06-09-2014, 07:41 AM
At first press conference MM insisted that he was a disciple of Jim McLean's methods.
During the interview he described McLean as being miserable and always in the players faces but tactically brilliant. Walter smith used to batter the young players who weren't doing as they were told.
Maybe it is a generation thing as it obviously worked for McLean. By all accounts Fergie was much the same at Aberdeen where only the mentally strong survived and flourished.

McKenzie
06-09-2014, 08:33 AM
At first press conference MM insisted that he was a disciple of Jim McLean's methods.
During the interview he described McLean as being miserable and always in the players faces but tactically brilliant. Walter smith used to batter the young players who weren't doing as they were told.
Maybe it is a generation thing as it obviously worked for McLean. By all accounts Fergie was much the same at Aberdeen where only the mentally strong survived and flourished.

Unfortunately for Malpas, football has evolved these days. Like Fergie you need to be able to adapt your coaching for different players. It also helps if the players buy into what you want, and no one wants to buy in to hoofball. Clown of a man and part of the worst managerial team to "grace" Easter road

GreenArmyyy!
06-09-2014, 08:59 AM
The players weren't right, did they not bring a load of them in.

So not bad players, just not the right ones? What a load of pish.

It's not as if players were having to be played out of position so what else were they wanting?

No, they only brought in 3 loan deals, they were crap as well mind you.

GreenArmyyy!
06-09-2014, 09:01 AM
The players fault? Was it KTs fault that u took a dislike to him (the best footballer in the team) and didn't play him when most needed, also Mcpake fit for 8 weeks when we needed him the most but also not played, give me peace full of self importance the both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 weeks :p

PISTOL1875
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Sure good managers and coaches are capable of changing their styles, even for a short time.#

Tony Pulis managed to change his style of play whilst in charge of Crystal Palace..

matty_f
06-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Malpas and Butcher are a disgrace, they should at least have had the decency to admit their roles in our relegation. It takes a special kind of pishness to be able to relegate Hibernian in a league with no The Rangers and the Yams already relegated.

PISTOL1875
06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Malpas and Butcher are a disgrace, they should at least have had the decency to admit their roles in our relegation. It takes a special kind of pishness to be able to relegate Hibernian in a league with no The Rangers and the Yams already relegated.

Obviously they aren't ' fitba folk ' who have no idea what's '' goan on ''

:wink::wink:

ALF TUPPER
07-09-2014, 06:58 AM

Absolutely spot on. Violent bullies. Don't think W Smith would be too happy with that revelation.

I responded to their request to sent in texts etc/.. Didn't read any questions out. Malpass just told lots of wee anecdotes that the jambo-hacks and jambo-pundits all revelled in.

Honestly detest Butcher and Back-pass and the majority of the Sportsound team.

Pretty Boy
07-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Unfortunately for Malpas, football has evolved these days. Like Fergie you need to be able to adapt your coaching for different players. It also helps if the players buy into what you want, and no one wants to buy in to hoofball. Clown of a man and part of the worst managerial team to "grace" Easter road

Spot on.

Fergie, and to a lesser extent Smith, had such longevity because he was able to adapt his style over the years.

What worked on the likes of Willie Miller and Paul McGrath was never going to work with players like Ronaldo and Van Persie. I think it was the whole Beckham affair that woke him up to that fact, losing one of 'his boys' hurt him more than he will ever admit. Of course he could still be a stubborn, bad temepered old barsteward, just ask Van Nistelrooy or Stam but he learned when an arm round the shoulder and a quiet word was more useful than the 'hairdryer'.

Butcher and Malpas are just a couple of unpleasant bullies with no place in modern football. If it wasn't for the fact it would get them off the wage bill then I'd hope they never worked again.