PDA

View Full Version : In Leeann we trust....

HappyAsHellas
04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Now the meetings are over, what is the general consensus of opinion? For me, it was a very positive exercise, relationship wise, between myself and the club. I have never felt involved with the club before, not at this level anyway. She has taken the time to confront the fans face to face, field questions on a range of topics, and more importantly from my view, brought other board members into the situation so they can see for themselves how we feel. I have no idea how it will all pan out in the future, but for now I will put my trust in her to get the best out of our club. Some light at the end of a long dark tunnel perhaps........

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:28 AM
I think she'll walk by Christmas.

Jay
04-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I think she'll walk by Christmas.

I think she's stronger than that.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:43 AM
I think she's stronger than that.

Hope so, I wouldn't blame her if she did though.

Ozyhibby
04-09-2014, 10:44 AM
She has my backing. It's not unconditional but I was very impressed with her last night.
I no longer believe she is Petrie's puppet.
I'm now waiting to see what her plans are.

lord bunberry
04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
I will reserve judgment on her until she's had more time to make an impact. So far she's talked the talk, but I've heard it all before. Actions speak louder than words.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
She has my backing. It's not unconditional but I was very impressed with her last night.

What do you base that on?

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm still in the camp of "waiting to see", as I've heard enough positive talk from Hibs to last more than one lifetime.

I'm happy to give her a chance prove herself, though, and I'm quite dismayed at some of the extreme words and actions from some.

chinaman
04-09-2014, 10:51 AM
She's doing as she's told. No change till petries gone

Jay
04-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Hope so, I wouldn't blame her if she did though.

I would! She took the job on, she arrived after we were relegated and had no playing squad, she knew she had a very tough task ahead of her, granted the threats and stuff were probably a bit of a surprise and I'm sure we all agree they are disgusting and well out of order. I would imagine she still has to battle harder because she is a woman and I'd be gutted if she walked half way into the first season. I think she is a much stronger, level headed, determined lady than your giving her credit for.

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Having met her, I'm impressed with her vision and will give her the time she needs to get my/our club back on a steady footing. :agree:

LD is not long in the door and has barely got her feet under the table. Give her a chance, I say.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:58 AM
I would! She took the job on, she arrived after we were relegated and had no playing squad, she knew she had a very tough task ahead of her, granted the threats and stuff were probably a bit of a surprise and I'm sure we all agree they are disgusting and well out of order. I would imagine she still has to battle harder because she is a woman and I'd be gutted if she walked half way into the first season. I think she is a much stronger, level headed, determined lady than your giving her credit for.

Ok then, I've never met her. :aok:

JimBHibees
04-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Having met her, I'm impressed with her vision and will give her the time she needs to get my/our club back on a steady footing. :agree:

LD is not long in the door and has barely got her feet under the table. Give her a chance, I say.

Absolutely. She doesnt deserve any criticism at all IMO. She is no doubt working all hours to get things right. She needs time and not fans having a pop every time we have a bad result.

HappyAsHellas
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I think the stark reality is it will take a year or two to turn everything round. The problem with this is of course, we have been subjected to long term visions in the past, and patience is wearing a bit thin. Having met and spoken to her, I'm willing to give her the time necessary to do the job, which is to get us where we should be. Here's hoping........

Pretty Boy
04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
I think to some extent she has suffered by being so forceful about the fact she has in control. People are so hacked off we want instant results and the state we are in that isn't going to happen, frustrations can sometimes boil over and that is pretty counterproductive. She has said she is in control so she will take her share of the flak.

I think she made a rod for her own back (no pun intended) with her statement that we intended to win the league. However that was of course catch 22, if she stated we wouldn't be able to compete she would have been torn apart on here and elsewhere. I still maintain more effort should have went into building a competitive side this year but without knowing the ins and outs of the financial situation it's hard to make an informed judgement.

What baffles me is that a few on here still seem to want to defend RPs record. The more that comes out of the changes being made, the more his record becomes indefensible. LD herself admitted the club was a disaster with very little fit for purpose. Whilst people can point to the 'infrastructure', a nice stadium and training facility is worthless if you have no scouting network to speak of, a flawed youth set up, a coaching set up which seemed a total mess and throughout much of the club a policy of 'that'll do'.

I still think LD will turn us around but I fear the last few years of gross mismanagement will mean it will take a lot longer than any of us would like and I just hope enough of us keep faith to see it to the end.

Gustavo Fring
04-09-2014, 11:14 AM
i feel sorry for LD , she's working for the biggest a$$hole in football

rod 'il ruin yer career' petrie , his track record of leaving careers in tatters is unrivaled and its beginning to look like LD is about to join his list of casualtys

she came from motherwell with a great track record , she will leave hibs with a 1st division catastrophe on her CV and could possibly be in charge of hibs 1st ever relegation to the 2nd division

Jay
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Ok then, I've never met her. :aok:

Neither have I but I've seen interviews, read statements and listened to others who have met her. Kind of the same way I make opinions on a lot of people.

WestStandMoaner
04-09-2014, 11:21 AM

If you went to any of the meetings you would know she has no plans, on Monday night she made it clear she wants the fans to come back with the ideas and the plans. I am not having a go t her and I do believe she is no ones full or puppet but a the end of the day the club is at an all time low, the owner says nothing about the situation and Petrie still signs the cheques. Hibs fans need to wake up, our club is on the edge. The present board is not fit for purpose ( Dempster excluded ) and changes must be made to how the club is managed

Alan Stubbs and his team will have a difficult ride but need the fans to get behind them, Farmer and Petrie need to go and for any one who spouts the normal bull about who will replace Famer. Just look at the other side of the City, it was only a couple of years ago we were talking about Romanov and how bad he had run hearts, all Hibs fans thought hearts would go bust which they duly did and we all thought they would be in the football wilderness for years, well it seems to me the only club in the city which is in danger of being in the lower leagues for a long time is hibs. Also remember Dempster was using the yam model of ownership as an option at her meetings and we take the pis$ out of them...

P.S I AM NO YAM BUT YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE MESS WE ARE IN ROMANOV HAD BEEN RNNNG OUR CLUB

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Neither have I but I've seen interviews, read statements and listened to others who have met her. Kind of the same way I make opinions on a lot of people.

And there's nothing wrong with that. :agree:

Harpandcastle
04-09-2014, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=WestStandMoaner;4157782]If you went to any of the meetings you would know she has no plans, on Monday night she made it clear she wants the fans to come back with the ideas and the plans. I am not having a go t her and I do believe she is no ones full or puppet but a the end of the day the club is at an all time low, the owner says nothing about the situation and Petrie still signs the cheques.

That's not what she said last night. She was clear that she thinks she has the plan to take Hibs forward but wanted to hear supporters views before saying what that was. She said putting forward her ideas first would leave her open to being accused of failing to take supporter option into account.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
If you went to any of the meetings you would know she has no plans, on Monday night she made it clear she wants the fans to come back with the ideas and the plans. I am not having a go t her and I do believe she is no ones full or puppet but a the end of the day the club is at an all time low, the owner says nothing about the situation and Petrie still signs the cheques. Hibs fans need to wake up, our club is on the edge. The present board is not fit for purpose ( Dempster excluded ) and changes must be made to how the club is managed

Alan Stubbs and his team will have a difficult ride but need the fans to get behind them, Farmer and Petrie need to go and for any one who spouts the normal bull about who will replace Famer. Just look at the other side of the City, it was only a couple of years ago we were talking about Romanov and how bad he had run hearts, all Hibs fans thought hearts would go bust which they duly did and we all thought they would be in the football wilderness for years, well it seems to me the only club in the city which is in danger of being in the lower leagues for a long time is hibs. Also remember Dempster was using the yam model of ownership as an option at her meetings and we take the pis$ out of them...

P.S I AM NO YAM BUT YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE MESS WE ARE IN ROMANOV HAD BEEN RNNNG OUR CLUB

There are differences though between them and us such as what assets do they have compared with us (in particular stripped assets). The council wouldn't allow their stadium to be sold from under them and that is all they have (not that's worth much). On the other hand with the flats being put up beside ER, ER would be worth a few bob as will EM when ELC give planning permission and parts are sold to builders. That's why STF and RP won't sell up for a poultry sum. Anyone who can buy them out would then need cash to get the club going upwards, in other words they'd need money to throw away. Maybe if we get ahibby who wins the Euro Lottery 100 million plus and don't mind throwing it away on Hibs seeing it disappear in a few years then we'll be in with a shout.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 11:36 AM
There are differences though between them and us such as what assets do they have compared with us (in particular stripped assets). The council wouldn't allow their stadium to be sold from under them and that is all they have (not that's worth much). On the other hand with the flats being put up beside ER, ER would be worth a few bob as will EM when ELC give planning permission and parts are sold to builders. That's why STF and RP won't sell up for a poultry sum. Anyone who can buy them out would then need cash to get the club going upwards, in other words they'd need money to throw away. Maybe if we get ahibby who wins the Euro Lottery 100 million plus and don't mind throwing it away on Hibs seeing it disappear in a few years then we'll be in with a shout.

Fact?

puff the dragon
04-09-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not convinced she is anything more than Petrie's puppet. Transfer window 'activity' only strengthened that feeling.

Petrie said the right things alot as well while his actions told a different story.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Fact?

Fact that they have very little worth selling but we have viable land which would net much more? Yes I believe so. How much would a builder pay for Tynecastle compared with ER? Compare the surrounding properties at both locations. How much do you think the acres of land at EM which is not used will be worth when ELC give planning permission? Have I missed something, what do Hearts have apart from Tynie?

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Fact that they have very little worth selling but we have viable land which would net much more? Yes I believe so. How much would a builder pay for Tynecastle compared with ER? Compare the surrounding properties at both locations. How much do you think the acres of land at EM which is not used will be worth when ELC give planning permission? Have I missed something, what do Hearts have apart from Tynie?

Not fact at all, an opinion. Pure speculation on your part, but you make your argument like you have the definitive answers.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Not fact at all, an opinion. Pure speculation on your part, but you make your argument like you have the definitive answers.

Tosh, you are ignoring the obvious to suit your purpose I'm sure that other posters will see that too. Do Hearts own a training centre, NO! With land to spare NO! Which will be changed from green belt to development area one day NO!. Fact!

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Tosh, you are ignoring the obvious to suit your purpose I'm sure that other posters will see that too. Do Hearts own a training centre, NO! With land to spare NO! Which will be changed from green belt to development area one day NO!. Fact!

Im ignoring unsubstantiated facts and speculation. I'd take you more seriously if you didn't think East Mains is inside the green belt. As it stands you're opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble. I'm sure plenty of other posters will see that.

Sorry to be harsh, but if we are going to have serious discussions about finances, then we need a broader evidence base than what you believe.

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Absolutely. She doesnt deserve any criticism at all IMO. She is no doubt working all hours to get things right. She needs time and not fans having a pop every time we have a bad result.

I agree 100% but we are talking about Hibs fans here. :greengrin

jacomo
04-09-2014, 11:54 AM

So Hibs is more valuable because you could sell ER for housing development?

Er, no you can't, because that would finish the club for good. Fans really would walk away and not come back.

As for EM, yes possibly the land around it might get designated as suitable for housing sometime in the future, but I don't think this is imminent is it? And therefore the value of the land now is not that high. Supermarkets used to speculate on this kind of land and then sit on it, but not anymore.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Im ignoring unsubstantiated facts and speculation. I'd take you more seriously if you didn't think East Mains is inside the green belt. As it stands you're opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble. I'm sure plenty of other posters will see that.

Sorry to be harsh, but if we are going to have serious discussions about finances, then we need a broader evidence base than what you believe.

Bull***. Take a bus to Newcraighall and you will see the surrounding what was green belt is now being developed for housing. You talk as though situations stand still, well they don't Hibs are looking to a long term not short term future. You haven't responded to my comparisons between Hibs and Hearts assets which was what my original post was about. Why is that? I take it you believe that Hearts have more assets than Hibs then, that's a joke. Don't compare them because when it comes to assets Hibs are way ahead and that is what my original post was about. Greenbelts are only greenbelts until they are not. Newcraighall being the most recent example of how a council can change that when they decide to.

Centre Hawf
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=WestStandMoaner;4157782]
She was clear that she thinks she has the plan to take Hibs forward but wanted to hear supporters views before saying what it was.

"I ken the answer, i just want to check if you ken it."

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM

Er, no you can't, because that would finish the club for good. Fans really would walk away and not come back.

As for EM, yes possibly the land around it might get designated as suitable for housing sometime in the future, but I don't think this is imminent is it? And therefore the value of the land now is not that high. Supermarkets used to speculate on this kind of land and then sit on it, but not anymore.

East Lothian has earmarked a large area between Longniddry, Port Seton and Tranent for a massive housing development. I don't know how that impacts on EM.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Who is to say that wouldn't happen in the future. Fans have been asked in the past about Straiton, if we had said yeas ER would have been sold. Offers to sell ER and Tynie with ground sharing elsewhere has been mooted and thus far have been thwarted. That's not to say that it will never happen. If you owned ER and EM, how much would you sell it for, if someone offered to buy the football club too.

JoeT_WasTheBest
04-09-2014, 12:00 PM

I think they are chicken :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Bull***. Take a bus to Newcraighall and you will see the surrounding what was green belt is now being developed for housing. You talk as though situations stand still, well they don't Hibs are looking to a long term not short term future. You haven't responded to my comparisons between Hibs and Hearts assets which was what my original post was about. Why is that? I take it you believe that Hearts have more assets than Hibs then, that's a joke. Don't compare them because when it comes to assets Hibs are way ahead and that is what my original post was about. Greenbelts are only greenbelts until they are not. Newcraighall being the most recent example of how a council can change that when they decide to.

You don't understand what the green belt is do you? East Mains is outsude the Green Belt. That's why I'm not responding to any of your points, you aren't a credible witness. I'm questioning your ability to speak on the subject, and it seems to be lacking.

You are probably right about Hibs assets, but you then went on to make claims you can't back up with facts. When challenged on that you turn around and use words like bull****, and tosh. If that's the best you can do, then you should stop posting before you really make yourself sound silly.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 12:04 PM
East Lothian has earmarked a large area between Longniddry, Port Seton and Tranent for a massive housing development. I don't know how that impacts on EM.

It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when. How would we stop a new buyer from asset stripping when the assets for building purposes could well be worth over £20million. I wouldn't even consider £3.5 million if I was either STF or RP unless the property can be separated from the club to safeguard the club's interest, and my own. I am sure that STF and RP will look after the club when we can sell spare land around EM for development, I don't know when that will be but it will be. I also wonder whether in the future when artificial surfaces become the normal whether a club would need a training centre. In theory they could use the artificial surface and the maintainance of that would be much cheaper than the maintainance of something like EM. There's lot's of things to consider, but Hibs potential assets are worth a lot more than £3.5 millions, no matter how we look at it.

Smartie
04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
I like her, am fully behind what she's trying to do and I wish her every success.

I must admit I really don't fancy what she's taken on though, talk about a poisoned chalice. Look at what we've done to managers over the years, players who have excelled elsewhere then been hopeless with us or hopeless with us then gone on to do better elsewhere.

We are a hard bunch to please (the fans) and the lower we drop the more demanding we get - and it's not entirely unreasonable.

The relationship that exists between the fans and the clubs owners is poisonous, rightly or wrongly, and she's stuck in the middle trying to make progress in the face of all sorts of distractions.

As a result of this it will always be difficult to assess exactly how well she's doing as there are so many mitigating factors that could explain poor performance.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 12:06 PM
I think they are chicken :agree:

Oops paultry.

ahibby
04-09-2014, 12:07 PM
You don't understand what the green belt is do you? East Mains is outsude the Green Belt. That's why I'm not responding to any of your points, you aren't a credible witness. I'm questioning your ability to speak on the subject, and it seems to be lacking.

You are probably right about Hibs assets, but you then went on to make claims you can't back up with facts. When challenged on that you turn around and use words like bull****, and tosh. If that's the best you can do, then you should stop posting before you really make yourself sound silly.

Please explain to me what greenbelts are and why they can never not be designated green belts.

Bleeds green
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm not convinced she is anything more than Petrie's puppet. Transfer window 'activity' only strengthened that feeling.

Petrie said the right things alot as well while his actions told a different story.

She 100 percent is not petries puppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahibby
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM

My whole point was a comparison of assets and you disregarded that initially, to suit your purposes.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Please explain to me what greenbelts are and why they can never not be designated green belts.

I think the point he is trying to make is that East Mains does not fall withing designated green belt land.

California-Hibs
04-09-2014, 12:14 PM
i feel sorry for LD , she's working for the biggest a$$hole in football

rod 'il ruin yer career' petrie , his track record of leaving careers in tatters is unrivaled and its beginning to look like LD is about to join his list of casualtys

she came from motherwell with a great track record , she will leave hibs with a 1st division catastrophe on her CV and could possibly be in charge of hibs 1st ever relegation to the 2nd division

Behave yourself!

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:14 PM

The Edinburgh green belt is a strip of land outside the city aimed at making a buffer between town and country. East Mains is outside the green belt, please tell me why that is relevant, and how it makes you sound like you have any idea what you are talking about?

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:16 PM
My whole point was a comparison of assets and you disregarded that initially, to suit your purposes.

My purpose is to prove that you are not a credible source on this subject.

edit: if you can be wrong about one bit of what you are saying, can you blame people for questioning if the rest is wrong as well?

Leith Mo
04-09-2014, 12:30 PM
One of my mates sent me a text after my summary of Tues appeared here to ask what I thought of LD. My reply sounded like a dating ad he said when he read it (I think because there isn't a current Mrs Mo not that I mean in any way to infer Leeann could be a candidate as she's taken enough abuse & has one too many basket cases to deal with at the moment). I've spent many years professionally judging people & trying not to be judgemental which is even more difficult when angry & dealing with Hibs. Here's my text: "tough; good sense of humour (you internet dating people might summarise that as GSOH but I've not joined that club yet); committed; intelligent; personable; listens & thinks before answering; political; discrete; will fight her corner & don't think she's anyone's fool. In terms of Hibs I hope I'm right in that summary. "
Leeann if you are reading this no offence is meant! Jus my initial thoughts.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 12:40 PM
One of my mates sent me a text after my summary of Tues appeared here to ask what I thought of LD. My reply sounded like a dating ad he said when he read it (I think because there isn't a current Mrs Mo not that I mean in any way to infer Leeann could be a candidate as she's taken enough abuse & has one too many basket cases to deal with at the moment). I've spent many years professionally judging people & trying not to be judgemental which is even more difficult when angry & dealing with Hibs. Here's my text: "tough; good sense of humour (you internet dating people might summarise that as GSOH but I've not joined that club yet); committed; intelligent; personable; listens & thinks before answering; political; discrete; will fight her corner & don't think she's anyone's fool. In terms of Hibs I hope I'm right in that summary. "

I think she's quite attractive as well, if that helps :wink:

p.s. I'm happily married, so she's all yours!

ALF TUPPER
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
I like her, am fully behind what she's trying to do and I wish her every success.

I must admit I really don't fancy what she's taken on though, talk about a poisoned chalice. Look at what we've done to managers over the years, players who have excelled elsewhere then been hopeless with us or hopeless with us then gone on to do better elsewhere.

We are a hard bunch to please (the fans) and the lower we drop the more demanding we get - and it's not entirely unreasonable.

The relationship that exists between the fans and the clubs owners is poisonous, rightly or wrongly, and she's stuck in the middle trying to make progress in the face of all sorts of distractions.

As a result of this it will always be difficult to assess exactly how well she's doing as there are so many mitigating factors that could explain poor performance.

Sums it up for me. Very well put. :aok:

Septimus
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Oops paultry.

Or even paltry

stantonhibby
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Oops paultry.

try again

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Much the same problem that our cavalcade of managers has had to face. Hopefully, people who are saying she has what it takes know what they are talking about.

Ozyhibby
04-09-2014, 12:48 PM

I was at the meeting last night and she made it very clear that she does have a plan but does not wish to unveil it until she has properly consulted supporters about what they want.

Leith Mo
04-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Never mix business with pleasure! Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! (Not that I condone sleeping with the enemy but you can't underestimate the value of a good Hibee education in more ways than one). Keep your eyes on the prize (my close friends know about that one) so thanks but not right now!

ALF TUPPER
04-09-2014, 12:53 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm :hmmm:
Sounds like a candidate for the next Mrs Weege :agree:

:wink:

Jonnyboy
04-09-2014, 03:45 PM

I was there on Monday night M and she said on more than one occasion that she/the board has plans but want to fully consult with the fans to agree the way forward.

WestStandMoaner
04-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I was there on Monday night M and she said on more than one occasion that she/the board has plans but want to fully consult with the fans to agree the way forward.

Hi J, I will apologise if I misunderstood LD but I got the impression the onus was on the fans to come back with the plans. I really hope there is away forward as I have never felt so disillusioned with Hibs in all my life

Jonnyboy
04-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi J, I will apologise if I misunderstood LD but I got the impression the onus was on the fans to come back with the plans. I really hope there is away forward as I have never felt so disillusioned with Hibs in all my life

I'm certain she seeks a jointly agreed solution M. We're in a bad place, I agree but I see these meetings as a positive. Just need to get it right on the park now :greengrin

WHUHibs
04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
I think she's quite attractive as well, if that helps :wink:

p.s. I'm happily married, so she's all yours!

She's everything else but not that :greengrin

WHUHibs
04-09-2014, 04:04 PM

I agree with John as on Tuesday night she eluded to the same. However, what became obvious to me it was different to any of the examples shown I.e The Hibs way!

My mind sometimes flips and whether she is trusted with looking after Hibs interest but I have moments of wondering is she just looking after RP and STF !

There is no doubt she sees EM as a community project and not just football.

Hibs7
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM

You obviously were not at the meetings. !!

WHUHibs
04-09-2014, 04:07 PM
The Edinburgh green belt is a strip of land outside the city aimed at making a buffer between town and country. East Mains is outside the green belt, please tell me why that is relevant, and how it makes you sound like you have any idea what you are talking about?

Bob just wondering if you asked my mate Neil Forsyth (Dundee utd supporter) and creator of Bob if you could impersonate him? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
04-09-2014, 04:39 PM
I agree with John as on Tuesday night she eluded to the same. However, what became obvious to me it was different to any of the examples shown I.e The Hibs way!

And on Wednesday

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Bob just wondering if you asked my mate Neil Forsyth (Dundee utd supporter) and creator of Bob if you could impersonate him? :greengrin

Let's just say we have an understanding. He plays the game, and we don't mention what happened in the car park at Safeway, that night he got thrown out of Stewpots on Wogan's birthday.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-09-2014, 05:20 PM
You obviously were not at the meetings. !!

"Dude - the Chinaman is not the issue here!"
Big Lebowski

Gerard
04-09-2014, 05:23 PM
"Dude - the Chinaman is not the issue here!"
Big Lebowski

I trust LA and have had the opportunity , like many to work with her on WT.:wink::top marks

04-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I will reserve judgment on her until she's had more time to make an impact. So far she's talked the talk, but I've heard it all before. Actions speak louder than words.

Totally agree. From what shes said, she seems to have the right idea and the right vision for the club and I like how shes trying to get the supports more involved. But like you say, actions speak louder than words.

emerald green
04-09-2014, 05:50 PM
My opinion FWIW is that all the supporters should get behind LD and help her to see her plans through.

She has got a huge task on her hands changing the whole ethos of this club for the better. We will regret it if she decides to walk away.

Any abuse is absolutely completely unacceptable. Give her a chance. Any changes just wont happen overnight.

O'Rourke3
04-09-2014, 05:57 PM

As a Wednesday attender she was clear she had a plan. That plan was about taking the football club and the football business forward. A part of that plan she wants to bring the fans onside. In that respect she's interested to see which of any of the current models would work at a club the size of Hibs - hence the consultation on ownership or board representation. That's the bit she wants us to decide on. She said more than once if she declared "Here is the plan for fan inclusion" we'd be the first on our feet screaming - why can't you ask us first?

I was impressed by her handling of the meeting last night and her willingness to be clear on her objectives and explaining the up side and down side to the options. TBF we didn't get that far last night due to discussion always coming back to the team.

Some interesting statements and apologies to Leeann if I've misquoted (but I have captured the intent).

"We've been in crisis management for 3 months" "Barrier to buying the club is sustainability - not price" "I have 100% direct access to STF"

ancient hibee
04-09-2014, 06:04 PM
As a Wednesday attender she was clear she had a plan. That plan was about taking the football club and the football business forward. A part of that plan she wants to bring the fans onside. In that respect she's interested to see which of any of the current models would work at a club the size of Hibs - hence the consultation on ownership or board representation. That's the bit she wants us to decide on. She said more than once if she declared "Here is the plan for fan inclusion" we'd be the first on our feet screaming - why can't you ask us first?

I was impressed by her handling of the meeting last night and her willingness to be clear on her objectives and explaining the up side and down side to the options. TBF we didn't get that far last night due to discussion always coming back to the team.

Some interesting statements and apologies to Leeann if I've misquoted (but I have captured the intent).

"We've been in crisis management for 3 months" "Barrier to buying the club is sustainability - not price" "I have 100% direct access to STF"

In other words STF is more anxious to sell to someone who has got the financial clout to keep the club going than to get a big pay off as some on here think.

O'Rourke3
04-09-2014, 06:09 PM
In other words STF is more anxious to sell to someone who has got the financial clout to keep the club going than to get a big pay off as some on here think.

My interpretation :agree:

buktapurple79
04-09-2014, 07:08 PM

Exactly. Not convinced by Dempster at all. Reminds me a bit of the 'good lith' scam that led the Yams along after the posh rugger prick then the BBC boy saw through Mad Vlad and got out. She's a plausible distraction from the real problem.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2014, 07:20 PM

My mind sometimes flips and whether she is trusted with looking after Hibs interest but I have moments of wondering is she just looking after RP and STF !

There is no doubt she sees EM as a community project and not just football.

She may have alluded but she defo didn't elude :greengrin

You are spot on, none of the examples given fits Hibs but there are some good bits in each which might be put together with further ideas to create the Hibs model :agree:

Hibbyradge
04-09-2014, 07:21 PM

You really should engineer an opportunity to say that to her face. Or Petrie's.

edwards
04-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Leeann is a very confident woman, she has bags of experiance and is prepared to hear fans views face to face when did Rod Petrie ever do that. He just sneared and gave that sarcastic smile from the stands and had no intention of listening to any of our views face to face.
Leeann deserves a chance as does George Craig, Alan Stubbs and the rest of the new staff. [ We have to back them and hope that the consortiums come in and make another offer]. I wish them all the best and our season now starts with the Cowdenbeath game we have to go on a run of games being unbeaten and claw back up the league.

PETRIE GTF

Criswell
04-09-2014, 09:21 PM
I was at the meeting last night and she made it very clear that she does have a plan but does not wish to unveil it until she has properly consulted supporters about what they want.

I hope there is more substance to it than Rod's infamous "five year" one!

Gerard
04-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Leeann is a very confident woman, she has bags of experiance and is prepared to hear fans views face to face when did Rod Petrie ever do that. He just sneared and gave that sarcastic smile from the stands and had no intention of listening to any of our views face to face.
Leeann deserves a chance as does George Craig, Alan Stubbs and the rest of the new staff. [ We have to back them and hope that the consortiums come in and make another offer]. I wish them all the best and our season now starts with the Cowdenbeath game we have to go on a run of games being unbeaten and claw back up the league.

PETRIE GTF

:wink::top marks

O'Rourke3
04-09-2014, 10:23 PM

PETRIE GTF

Is it just me or am I smelling something?
Leeann is a very confident woman, she has bags of experiance and is prepared to hear fans views face to face when did Rod Petrie ever do that. - Apart from famously being in Behind the goals at home matches. He just sneared and gave that sarcastic smile from the stands and had no intention of listening to any of our views face to face.
Leeann deserves a chance as does George Craig, Alan Stubbs and the rest of the new staff. [ We have to back them and hope that the consortiums come in and make another offer]. So completely writing off the season as new owners come in to do things their way perhaps during a non transfer window and starting again from scratch - the tried and tested model of success? I wish them all the best and our season now starts with the Cowdenbeath game we have to go on a run of games being unbeaten and claw back up the league. Or, perhaps your view is that the new owners will back the current set up - so why would a change of ownership currently make a difference?

I've no problem with the Petrie out. His presence is still dividing most if not all of the supporters but wishing our lot good luck until something else happens is frankly confused. So I suspect Yam behavior. Fair play though. We've been doing it for years with the charity thieves......

boab1875
04-09-2014, 11:23 PM

I would like to think that this is not what the situation is, but it is. She is a puppet, and was brought in to appease the fans, nothing more, nothing less. Anybody who knows how the club is functioning knows that Farmer and Petrie are in complete control and until they are removed my club will continue its descent into the abyss. I am beginning to lose touch completely with Hibs and it is the idiots in control that are to blame. Don;t think for a second that LDs appointment makes even the slightest bit of difference.

I will not be spending a single penny until they all go and we will not improve until that happens. Mark my words, Stubbs and Dempster will both be gone by the end of the year and we all know it. Not. Good. Enough.

Notahappyhibee
05-09-2014, 12:33 AM
This is how low Hibs have gotten !!!! I can't fav them on the sky sports app. This why I'm not buying FIFA15http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/04/0d779ffa37b1dfd583b3dd5918f92d42.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
05-09-2014, 12:59 AM
This is how low Hibs have gotten !!!! I can't fav them on the sky sports app. This why I'm not buying FIFA15http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/04/0d779ffa37b1dfd583b3dd5918f92d42.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried to do that as well. Why have they got Dunfermline and Falkirk but not hibs?

WestCoastHibby
05-09-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm just fed up with the Leeann Dempster " love in ". I hope she does turn it around but I have my doubts. Mind you, look how well MWell are doing without her.....
Two seasons methinks. Unless we get reaaaaaaally lucky.

Steve20
05-09-2014, 05:02 AM
She talks the talk. But her first transfer window was terrible. So, it's not been a great start but it's early days.

Unless she is just a puppet for Petrie. Then nothing will change in the future.

chinaman
05-09-2014, 08:43 AM
ACTION ON THE PARK is what I want to see, why should I listen to l.d any different after years of money wasted off it,thats why we're in this mess.dont be surprised if dempster and stubbs bolt.

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2014, 08:53 AM
ACTION ON THE PARK is what I want to see, why should I listen to l.d any different after years of money wasted off it,thats why we're in this mess.dont be surprised if dempster and stubbs bolt.

From what people have said on here, who have met her, I am happy to believe that she won't bolt. However, if things are as bad as people are suggesting, I wouldn't blame her. She wouldn't be the first person to move jobs, only to find out the reality doesn't match what she was sold.

Betty Boop
05-09-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm just fed up with the Leeann Dempster " love in ". I hope she does turn it around but I have my doubts. Mind you, look how well MWell are doing without her.....
Two seasons methinks. Unless we get reaaaaaaally lucky.

Couldn't agree more, Leeann this and Leeann that. Do other team's fans ho on like this ?

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Couldn't agree more, Leeann this and Leeann that. Do other team's fans ho on like this ?

It's no joke! :greengrin

There was a couple of yams wearing Anne Budge masks at ER, and there was the guy who got Romanov tattooed on his back, and of course Callum and Wullie wore Russian hats.

HappyAsHellas
05-09-2014, 10:10 AM
The reason for the original post was to try and guage what people's thoughts were. I wouldn't call it a "love in" if people are optimistic about her being at the club. I wouldn't call it a "hate in" for the people who still have doubts. Just a general consensus of opinions from people who could be bothered to post. Don't read too much into it, time will tell.

Betty Boop
05-09-2014, 10:24 AM

There was a couple of yams wearing Anne Budge masks at ER, and there was the guy who got Romanov tattooed on his back, and of course Callum and Wullie wore Russian hats.

Woops ! :faf:

jacomo
05-09-2014, 11:01 AM
She talks the talk. But her first transfer window was terrible. So, it's not been a great start but it's early days.

Too early to say that I think. This transfer window certainly didn't address all the issues with the squad, but we might have brought in some really good players. Time will tell, but early signs on those we have brought in are quite promising.

silverhibee
05-09-2014, 11:35 AM

What you trying to say, in Leeann we trust.

http://www.tattooshunt.com/images/37/ambigram-leeann-black-ink-tattoo.jpg

Please don't mock me I'm a strange person. :wink:

Spike Mandela
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Her opinion on Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie must be balanced against the fact that her continued employment at Hibs can only be guaranteed by them.

New ownership is not in her interest.

Keith_M
05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Her opinion on Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie must be balanced against the fact that her continued employment at Hibs can only be guaranteed by them.

New ownership is not in her interest.

So are you saying that she doesn't want new owners? That doesn't really tally with her role of organising some form of Fan buyout, which was mooted as part of the reason she went to ER.

She will also have a contract, which will have to be respected by any new owner.

Spike Mandela
05-09-2014, 12:16 PM
So are you saying that she doesn't want new owners? That doesn't really tally with her role of organising some form of Fan buyout, which was mooted as part of the reason she went to ER.

She will also have a contract, which will have to be respected by any new owner.

Yes I am

A fan ownership mode pushed along by her and with close consultation with fan groups would also secure her position.

I am talking about new owners like the two groups being mentioned in the press. These bring uncertainty to her position.

Keith_M
05-09-2014, 04:55 PM

As we have signed another striker already, on a two year deal no less, she appears to be 'walking the walk'

p.s. Sorry to single out your post but it was one of many..................

DC_Hibs
05-09-2014, 05:03 PM
As we have signed another striker already, on a two year deal no less, she appears to be 'walking the walk'

p.s. Sorry to single out your post but it was one of many..................

I'd suggest you divert some attention to the league table as that's fairly important also........if we are aiming for promotion this year as we were told.

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2014, 02:45 PM
She's building this club from the bottom up as well as the top down. There's a revolution taking place at Easter Road and we're heading for greatness again. Sorry.

JimBHibees
08-09-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd suggest you divert some attention to the league table as that's fairly important also........if we are aiming for promotion this year as we were told.

4 games in though takes time to build a team. Remember Hearts and Rangers were months ahead of us preparation wise. Hopefully the new signings will bond quickly and we can start jumping up the league starting on Saturday.

whiskyhibby
08-09-2014, 06:59 PM

I doubt it they both came here knowing the challenge ahead and have taken it forward, I get the feeling that this is the start of a very successful partnership and period for Hibs

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

whiskyhibby
08-09-2014, 07:00 PM

It isn't where you start it's where you finish that counts.....

Forza Fred
08-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Now the meetings are over, what is the general consensus of opinion? For me, it was a very positive exercise, relationship wise, between myself and the club. I have never felt involved with the club before, not at this level anyway. She has taken the time to confront the fans face to face, field questions on a range of topics, and more importantly from my view, brought other board members into the situation so they can see for themselves how we feel. I have no idea how it will all pan out in the future, but for now I will put my trust in her to get the best out of our club. Some light at the end of a long dark tunnel perhaps........

I think she is trying her hardest to do a good job, but she is not superhuman.

Like many scarred supporters, I'm a bit long in the tooth to place blind faith in anyone.

I'll look for results before giving my ringing endorsement of anyone now, Leeann included.

Gerard
08-09-2014, 09:06 PM
She's building this club from the bottom up as well as the top down. There's a revolution taking place at Easter Road and we're heading for greatness again. Sorry.

I fully support the changes that LAD has done and will do at our club. She is a much respected CEO and we are fortunate that we have her at ER.:wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-09-2014, 09:33 PM
It isn't where you start it's where you finish that counts.....

Try telling my missus that. It's only September and we're already on our 8th pair of curtains this year.....

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Try telling my missus that. It's only September and we're already on our 8th pair of curtains this year.....

:faf::faf::faf: :top marks

jacomo
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
4 games in though takes time to build a team. Remember Hearts and Rangers were months ahead of us preparation wise. Hopefully the new signings will bond quickly and we can start jumping up the league starting on Saturday.

:agree:

R'Albin
09-09-2014, 12:19 PM

:hilarious :top marks