PDA

View Full Version : Best way to Liverpool

Hibs90
04-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Going to either of the above locations for my birthday night out in late October and looking at travelling. I normally would have said train but cheapest I can get is working out at like £75 quid a head and I can't see alot of people wanting to pay that. Also looked at Megabus etc and for some reason they don't travel to Liverpool.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? There will likely be at least 6 of us but maybe more.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2014, 09:45 AM
You can do Megabus to Manchester for about £15 and then train to Liverpool from there is between £7 and £15 depending on time of day.

Also try having a look at some of the group packages on the trains which can save a few pounds.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2014, 01:01 PM
What dates/times are you looking to travel on?

Mr White
04-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Hire a 7 seater for the weekend, name me as a driver, I will drive you there and back for **** all.

My prediction is that this is not the last time a scouser will propose a dubious financial deal to you and your mates, on the basis of mutual advantage, before your trip is over :greengrin

Mr White
04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
A dubious financial deal? :confused:

A genuine offer of help from a friendly scouser to a fellow.netter and someone has has to question my motive.........................need to get the tar from that brush :wink: :greengrin

Just to avoid any confusion the genuine offer does still stand.

:tee hee: and a grand offer it is too. If you're ever thinking of changing your username scouse, adding the word friendly to the start of it would get my vote :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Any dates/times yet?

Pretty Boy
12-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I just got a train ticket to Newcastle for the Newcastle v Liverpool game on 1st November for £15 return.

Not to be sniffed at.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Any dates/times yet?

Asked for help and then never came back to answer any of the responses, time waster, I'm out.

Hibs90
20-09-2014, 11:08 AM
:greengrin

Forgot I even posted this. Thanks for the advice.!

I have booked the train at £37 a head return. Changeover in Crewe. Don't think thats too bad a deal.

West Upper
20-09-2014, 11:26 AM

I have booked the train at £37 a head return. Changeover in Crewe. Don't think thats too bad a deal.

Why are you changing at Crewe is that because it's the cheapest option you could find? Go regularly on the train and always choose Edinburgh/Wigan to change.

over the line
20-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Why have you bought a return? Just steal a car to come home in! When in Rome....... ;):)

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Why have you bought a return? Just steal a car to come home in! When in Rome....... ;):)

For christ sake mate give it a rest eh! Not every Jock is a car thief just some of them :wink:

over the line
20-09-2014, 04:57 PM
For christ sake mate give it a rest eh! Not every Jock is a car thief just some of them :wink:

Ha, like it! :D

Hibs90
09-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Any suggestions on places to go :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2014, 09:16 AM
The Grafton Club was a, how can I put it? "interesting" place to visit. Don't know if it still exists though. I'm sure SH will advise.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2014, 12:54 PM
The Grafton Club was a, how can I put it? "interesting" place to visit. Don't know if it still exists though. I'm sure SH will advise.

The Grafton or Grab a Granny as we called it haha, gone I believe, beer goggles were wonderful things!

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Kirklands was at the other end of the scale, not sure if thats still there either!

HibbyAndy
10-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Any suggestions on places to go :greengrin

The jobcentre is quite popular in Liverpool :hilarious

over the line
10-10-2014, 04:12 PM
The jobcentre is quite popular in Liverpool :hilarious

This is an incorrect and outdated stereotype.

They don't hang around job centres at all, because if they did they might actually get a job and be expected to work for a living! ;):)

Solicitors offices seem to be a popular focal point though. ;):)

HibbyAndy
10-10-2014, 04:20 PM
This is an incorrect and outdated stereotype.

They don't hang around job centres at all, because if they did they might actually get a job and be expected to work for a living! ;):)

Solicitors offices seem to be a popular focal point though. ;):)

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2014, 06:49 PM
I just got a train ticket to Newcastle for the Newcastle v Liverpool game on 1st November for £15 return.

Not to be sniffed at.

Just got mine cost me £26.50 return so you done well :greengrin