PDA

View Full Version : Third Bidder For Hibs?

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 07:55 AM
According to the Herald, there's a Third Bidder (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mystery-third-party-seeks-easter-road-buyout.25231714) now in talks with Farmer about a takeover.

Is this yet another nonsense story or is there something in this? If genuine, anybody know who it might be?

CRAZYHIBBY
04-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Im quite pissed of about this, i told pertrie to keep it quiet

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 08:04 AM

Oops, sorry.

Anyway, now it's in the open, could you maybe summarise your plans for the club? Get the Fans onside, and all that.

:wink:

Jack
04-09-2014, 08:06 AM
To be perfectly honest, while the club carry out their own supporter consultation on an alternative ownership model anyone proposing a takeover of any sort is pissing in the wind.

oneone73
04-09-2014, 08:18 AM
To be perfectly honest, while the club carry out their own supporter consultation on an alternative ownership model anyone proposing a takeover of any sort is pissing in the wind.

Not if they come up with something that lines Petrie's pockets. Or that realises his investment, to give it the proper euphemism.

DarlingtonHibee
04-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Simple - your assets are worth £20m (on paper), someone offers you £3.5m with no guarentee of future investment, or long term security of our club - think I would be saying no.

Kano was a great player, and without a doubt a Hibee - but no thanks from me as to running our club.

DC_Hibs
04-09-2014, 08:30 AM

You need to update your wikipedia profile ya loon

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Henry_(actor)

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Simple - your assets are worth £20m (on paper), someone offers you £3.5m with no guarentee of future investment, or long term security of our club - think I would be saying no.

Kano was a great player, and without a doubt a Hibee - but no thanks from me as to running our club.

I might be wrong but I think you're getting the Bidders mixed up.

It was Low's Consortium that bid 3.5M

Kane had nothing to do with that consortium

This thread is about a THIRD bidder, that has (apparently) no connection with either of the previous bids.

NW
04-09-2014, 08:40 AM
I might be wrong but I think you're getting the Bidders mixed up.

It was Low's Consortium that bid 3.5M

Kane had nothing to do with that consortium

This thread is about a THIRD bidder, that has (apparently) no connection with either of the previous bids.

That's my understanding too

DarlingtonHibee
04-09-2014, 08:48 AM
so who are they, and what are they giving regarding the long term future of our cluc, or is it just an ex journalist stirring it up ??

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
so who are they, and what are they giving regarding the long term future of our cluc, or is it just an ex journalist stirring it up ??

That was my feeling too.

No quotes, no sources, filled the article with details of a previous bid by Low.

P*ss poor attempt at a 'story'.

oneone73
04-09-2014, 08:54 AM
That was my feeling too.

No quotes, no sources, filled the article with details of a previous bid by Low.

P*ss poor attempt at a 'story'.

Hugh Macdonald is no ex-journalist. He's the Herald's Chief Sports Writer.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Hugh Macdonald is no ex-journalist. He's the Herald's Chief Sports Writer.

Did you quote the wrong person? I didn't say he was an ex-journalist.

TRC
04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
I've said it before, but I do believe that some oversea businesses will be looking at avenues into Scottish business, if Scotland becomes independent.

DarlingtonHibee
04-09-2014, 09:00 AM
I've said it before, but I do believe that some oversea businesses will be looking at avenues into Scottish business, if Scotland becomes independent.

Wow !! That has cheered up my day :faf:

oneone73
04-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Did you quote the wrong person? I didn't say he was an ex-journalist.

Yeah sorry. Darlington Hibby.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah sorry. Darlington Hibby.

Modern Technology, it's a bummer innit

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2014, 09:22 AM

I don't trust you already. I demand you make public the fag packet you have drawn your plans up on.

Having said that. The fact that your username has crazy in it does indicate that you could be a serious bidder, Paul Kane will tell you that if you don't own a multi national corporation and have a first in economics from Edinburgh university you will be considered too poor and too thick to run a massive business of national importance like HFC.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't trust you already. I demand you make public the fag packet you have drawn your plans up on.

Having said that. The fact that your username has crazy in it does indicate that you could be a serious bidder, Paul Kane will tell you that if you don't own a multi national corporation and have a first in economics from Edinburgh university you will be considered too poor and too thick to run a massive business of national importance like HFC.

Has he ever captained a submarine through the Baltic?

We need to know!!

jacomo
04-09-2014, 09:32 AM

STF and Petrie will never get £20m for Hibs. If that's what they are holding out for, they will be waiting until the end of their days.

Iain G
04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
A third man? I assume its Harry Lime making an offer for the club? :wink:

TRC
04-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Wow !! That has cheered up my day :faf:

Don't quite see the hilarity in it but glad it made you laugh.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 09:56 AM

:hmmm:

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2014, 09:57 AM

Oh Vienna !

Iain G
04-09-2014, 10:06 AM
:hmmm:

A very apt quote from Mr Lime...sound familiar? :wink::greengrin

"Nobody thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don't. Why should we? They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I."

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Not if they come up with something that lines Petrie's pockets. Or that realises his investment, to give it the proper euphemism.

Employee expects employer to reimburse him for his work, Shock!

oneone73
04-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Employee expects employer to reimburse him for his work, Shock!

I was more talking about his 10 per cent. How much is he holding out for?

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:27 AM
I was more talking about his 10 per cent. How much is he holding out for?

Good question, I don't know. How much has he been offered at this stage?

Ozyhibby
04-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Until Leeann Dempster reveals her plan for supporter ownership I won't be backing anyone. Very impressed with her last night.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Oh Vienna !

A very apt quote from Mr Lime...sound familiar? :wink::greengrin

"Nobody thinks in terms of human beings. Governments don't. Why should we? They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I."

Would you people stop it!

You're making me really miss the place now.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

Just a note for anyone that thinks they're a big fan of The Third Man. You can only make that claim after you've seen it in the Burg Kino (http://www.burgkino.at/frameset_playnow.phtml) in Vienna.

Iain G
04-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Would you people stop it!

You're making me really miss the place now.

:boo hoo:

Just a note for anyone that thinks they're a big fan of The Third Man. You can only make that claim after you've seen it in the Burg Kino in Vienna, which is its spiritual home.

Would going to Burger King in Vienna work just as well? :greengrin

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Would going to Burger King in Vienna work just as well? :greengrin

You could try, but I don't think there are any

Gustavo Fring
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
whoever this 3rd bidder may be , they will get shot down and torn to pieces on here

much better we stick with the benevolent sir tom and his trusty piece of tubing , cries of without them 'propping' us up we will slide into oblivion . i wont be able to sleep at night without sir tom etc etc

Iain G
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
You could try, but I don't think there are any

Ach well, McDonalds it is, now where did I put my Zither?! :wink:

Iain G
04-09-2014, 11:24 AM
i wont be able to sleep at night without sir tom etc etc

Have you tried counting sheep, heard there were plenty of them at the fan sessions this week according to some bloke who runs a gym?! :wink:

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 11:27 AM

I can heartily recommend the one at Schwartzenberg Strasse

It's only a ten minute walk from the Burg Kino and is by far the fanciest McDonalds on earth! :wink:

Iain G
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
I can heartily recommend the one at Schwartzenberg Strasse

It's only a ten minute walk from the Burg Kino and is by far the fanciest McDonalds on earth! :wink:

Vienna is already on my places to visit list :greengrin

--------
04-09-2014, 12:16 PM

Don't forget your cuckoo-clock ....

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Vienna is already on my places to visit list :greengrin

OK then, some more inside info (not all of which is useful)

Best Irish Pub for watching Hibs games:

Flanagan's, also on Schwarzenbergstrasse, just along from the McDonalds.

Best Cheese and Ham Toastie in town:

Ilona Stuberl, Bräuner Strasse, just off The Graben (don't worry, you'll find that, it's Vienna's absolute centre). Incidentally, this is also the location of Vienna's hottest Waitresses :wink:

Best place to find a Yugoslav War Criminal:

Ottakring District, in the north west (don't go unless you're a fully equiped SAS man)

Best place to find a Hungarian:

Climbing out a broken window in your flat, in the middle of the day, carrying your most valuable possesions.

Best place to find a perma-tanned, style icon with ridiculously expensive clothes that claims to be descended from the Austrian upper classes, royalty or sometimes even from the Habsburgs themselves... yet has a suspiciously Hungarian sounding surname:

Absolutely bl**dy everywhere!
----- In fairness, you probably won't find one of these guys robbing your flat, as they make enough money from being in charge of..... well..... everything!

Johnny_Leith
04-09-2014, 12:29 PM
There's rumours going around that there is a takeover bid from someone who would stir up quite a racket.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 12:29 PM
There's rumours going around that there is a takeover bid from someone who would stir up quite a racket.

Nope, he's categorically denied any interest.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:30 PM

A tennis racket, or a drugs racket?

Johnny_Leith
04-09-2014, 12:32 PM
A tennis racket, or a drugs racket?

Hopefully not a drugs racket!

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Hopefully not a drugs racket!

He'd have to be on drugs to put his cash into Hibs.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
He'd have to be on drugs to put his cash into Hibs.

Neeeever gonna happen.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Neeeever gonna happen.

But Beckham bought a football team, and its the way ahead for sports celebrities. A few years back it was rock stars who were supposed to buy clubs, before that it had been comedians. Now it's international sports stars who need to keep their media profile high by buying clubs that will be reported on in all the papers etc......er, ........

Dashing Bob S
04-09-2014, 12:48 PM
OK then, some more inside info (not all of which is useful)

Best Irish Pub for watching Hibs games:

Flanagan's, also on Schwarzenbergstrasse, just along from the McDonalds.

Best Cheese and Ham Toastie in town:

Ilona Stuberl, Bräuner Strasse, just off The Graben (don't worry, you'll find that, it's Vienna's absolute centre). Incidentally, this is also the location of Vienna's hottest Waitresses :wink:

Best place to find a Yugoslav War Criminal:

Ottakring District, in the north west (don't go unless you're a fully equiped SAS man)

Best place to find a Hungarian:

Climbing out a broken window in your flat, in the middle of the day, carrying your most valuable possesions.

Best place to find a perma-tanned, style icon with ridiculously expensive clothes that claims to be descended from the Austrian upper classes, royalty or sometimes even from the Habsburgs themselves... yet has a suspiciously Hungarian sounding surname:

Absolutely bl**dy everywhere!
----- In fairness, you probably won't find one of these guys robbing your flat, as they make enough money from being in charge of..... well..... everything!

Don't I know it - there is/was a blonde girl who worked there, who, with one electrifying glance, literally squeezed the air out of my lungs. That takes a lot of doing for a spry and seasoned old campaigner like Bobby here, I can inform thee.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't I know it - there is/was a blonde girl who worked there, who, with one electrifying glance, literally squeezed the air out of my lungs. That takes a lot of doing for a spry and seasoned old campaigner like Bobby here, I can inform thee.

You don't happen to have a Hungarian sounding surname, do you?

JustSimplyHibs
04-09-2014, 01:29 PM
According to the Herald, there's a Third Bidder (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mystery-third-party-seeks-easter-road-buyout.25231714) now in talks with Farmer about a takeover.

Is this yet another nonsense story or is there something in this? If genuine, anybody know who it might be?

Maybe Roman Abramovich adding to his footballing empire. :greengrin

ancient hibee
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
For some papers David Low is some sort of football messiah-"I paved the way for Fergus McCann at Celtic you know".He didn't-it was an Edinburgh lawyer called Sandy Moffat.Low and his team are supposed to have offered £3.5M but what they don't say is that they want the shareholders to write off their loan of £1.5M so they would only get £2M-the spare land at Tranent is worth twice that.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 01:52 PM
For some papers David Low is some sort of football messiah-"I paved the way for Fergus McCann at Celtic you know".He didn't-it was an Edinburgh lawyer called Sandy Moffat.Low and his team are supposed to have offered £3.5M but what they don't say is that they want the shareholders to write off their loan of £1.5M so they would only get £2M-the spare land at Tranent is worth twice that.

My personal feeling, having read his various rants, is that he's a shyster that STF and/or Petrie has seen through. I'm quite happy they've given him the elbow.

I think it's better to wait for the details of what the club proposes regarding Fan Ownership before anybody else's bid is considered.

Just Alf
04-09-2014, 01:53 PM

Well Rhianna did say she wanted to buy a team over here.... she wanted it as a counterpoint to setting up a footy academy in Barbados.... would fit in well with East Mains if you ask me! :agree:

:cb

http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/rihanna-keen-on-owning-a-british-football-club-report-1.1368381

HFC 0-7
04-09-2014, 02:07 PM

Why don't they ****ing sell it then!

ancient hibee
04-09-2014, 02:09 PM
[/B]

Why don't you ask them?

Eyrie
04-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Despite the lack of detail in that article this third bidder already sounds more credible than Low's naked attempt at asset stripping.

greenginger
04-09-2014, 07:21 PM
[/B]

Its worth sod-all without planning permission.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2014, 07:34 PM

Never knew Tim Henman was a Hibby! :greengrin

jacomo
05-09-2014, 12:54 PM
My personal feeling, having read his various rants, is that he's a shyster that STF and/or Petrie has seen through. I'm quite happy they've given him the elbow.

I think it's better to wait for the details of what the club proposes regarding Fan Ownership before anybody else's bid is considered.

Nothing Low has said has filled me with any confidence. I'm also glad he's out of the picture. A Celtic fan and self-publicist with a 'consortium'? I'm voting NO.