PDA

View Full Version : Full press release from Forever Hibernian

NW
03-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Don't think media covered it too well

Media release.....Media release.....Media release.....Media release......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIBS FANS SURVEY FOR RADICAL CHANGE

Statement from Forever Hibernian campaign group
Spokesperson Paul Kane

Hibs supporters have set up a fans survey, backed by Supporters Direct Scotland, calling for radical change at Easter Road with the ultimate aim of a supporters' trust running the club.

So far 2000 fans have taken part in the survey - www.scottishfans.org/hibs - which will run online until September 14.

The survey was set up ten days ago after a meeting with the Hibs Supporters Association, the Hibernian Shareholders Association and other affiliated groups and Supporters Direct Scotland.

Paul Kane, of the Forever Hibernian campaign group, said : "This is a pivotal moment in Hibs' history. The club is on its knees and our fear is it will sink even lower. We didn't think the mismanagement could get any worse, but it has.

"Neither Sir Tom Farmer or Rod Petrie are football people. Even the new chief executive Leeann Dempster has admitted Hibs are run as a corporate entity rather than a football club and has lost touch with its fans.

"After relegation last May, around 2000 fans attended a rally at Easter Road calling for chairman Rod Petrie to step down and owner Sir Tom Farmer to take action, but the club chose to ignore the fans.

"The campaign held back over the summer as two different groups had entered into talks with the club about a possible takeover.

"One, involving David Low and former club chairman Malcolm McPherson, was rejected at the end of July.

"The other group including myself, Kenny McLean and like-minded Hibs fans involved a 51% shareholding for the fans. I met with Sir Tom Farmer and further meetings were held but we hit a brick wall as Rod Petrie kept shifting the goalposts and we felt our good faith was not reciprocated.

"We know there is one party still trying to do a deal but we have decided now to go down a different route with supporters in the key role.

"Sir Tom Farmer has always claimed he saved the club for the community. We are now offering him the chance to live up to these words.

"Over the past few weeks we have had meetings with Paul Goodwin and Supporters Direct over options for fan and community ownership. Paul Goodwin's expertise has been invaluable as is evident from the work he has done with other clubs such as Stirling Albion, Dunfermline, Hearts and East Fife.

"The findings of the independent survey will be published after September 14 .
If the final results demonstrate a desire to explore the options then a new united group will be formed with an independent chairperson who will plan future events with Supporters Direct Scotland. This new group will be wholly inclusive and welcome input from any Hibernian supporter.

"We have been very impressed in our dealings with Paul Goodwin and SDS. They have helped us focus on what is important and the options available to us. We would urge all Hibernian Supporters to fill in the survey at www.scottishfans.org/hibs.

"Meanwhile the current Hibernian board have offered nothing that suggests that they can implement positive change and get Hibs back to where we belong.

"As always, we will continue to back Alan Stubbs and the team on the park and this has been the case at all times”.

Ends

SunshineOnLeith
03-09-2014, 08:01 PM
I hate the whole "not a football person" thing, what does that even mean?

Petrie advised STF during his takeover of Hibs, was involved in the creation of the SPL, has been on the Hibs board for 18 years, and is highly involved with the governing bodies of football in Scotland. Sounds like a football person to me.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 08:04 PM

Petrie advised STF during his takeover of Hibs, was involved in the creation of the SPL, has been on the Hibs board for 18 years, and is highly involved with the governing bodies of football in Scotland. Sounds like a football person to me.

According to a much maligned PR person that I spoke to at a meeting at ER Rod was apparently a decent amateur footballer as a youngster and the 'never attended a game until he was 40' story is a total myth.

erskine-hibby
03-09-2014, 08:06 PM

Sounds more like a suit to me.

DaveF
03-09-2014, 08:07 PM

You might not like the phrase but it's apparent to me what the statement is getting at. The club has, under STF and RP ownership, become detached from the support and made the corporate side of things a bigger focus than the footballing side. That's undeniable IMO.

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Don't think media covered it too well

Media release.....Media release.....Media release.....Media release......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIBS FANS SURVEY FOR RADICAL CHANGE

Statement from Forever Hibernian campaign group
Spokesperson Paul Kane

Hibs supporters have set up a fans survey, backed by Supporters Direct Scotland, calling for radical change at Easter Road with the ultimate aim of a supporters' trust running the club.

So far 2000 fans have taken part in the survey - www.scottishfans.org/hibs - which will run online until September 14.

The survey was set up ten days ago after a meeting with the Hibs Supporters Association, the Hibernian Shareholders Association and other affiliated groups and Supporters Direct Scotland.

Paul Kane, of the Forever Hibernian campaign group, said : "This is a pivotal moment in Hibs' history. The club is on its knees and our fear is it will sink even lower. We didn't think the mismanagement could get any worse, but it has.

"Neither Sir Tom Farmer or Rod Petrie are football people. Even the new chief executive Leeann Dempster has admitted Hibs are run as a corporate entity rather than a football club and has lost touch with its fans.

"After relegation last May, around 2000 fans attended a rally at Easter Road calling for chairman Rod Petrie to step down and owner Sir Tom Farmer to take action, but the club chose to ignore the fans.

"The campaign held back over the summer as two different groups had entered into talks with the club about a possible takeover.

"One, involving David Low and former club chairman Malcolm McPherson, was rejected at the end of July.

"The other group including myself, Kenny McLean and like-minded Hibs fans involved a 51% shareholding for the fans. I met with Sir Tom Farmer and further meetings were held but we hit a brick wall as Rod Petrie kept shifting the goalposts and we felt our good faith was not reciprocated.

"We know there is one party still trying to do a deal but we have decided now to go down a different route with supporters in the key role.

"Sir Tom Farmer has always claimed he saved the club for the community. We are now offering him the chance to live up to these words.

"Over the past few weeks we have had meetings with Paul Goodwin and Supporters Direct over options for fan and community ownership. Paul Goodwin's expertise has been invaluable as is evident from the work he has done with other clubs such as Stirling Albion, Dunfermline, Hearts and East Fife.

"The findings of the independent survey will be published after September 14 .
If the final results demonstrate a desire to explore the options then a new united group will be formed with an independent chairperson who will plan future events with Supporters Direct Scotland. This new group will be wholly inclusive and welcome input from any Hibernian supporter.

"We have been very impressed in our dealings with Paul Goodwin and SDS. They have helped us focus on what is important and the options available to us. We would urge all Hibernian Supporters to fill in the survey at www.scottishfans.org/hibs.

"Meanwhile the current Hibernian board have offered nothing that suggests that they can implement positive change and get Hibs back to where we belong.

"As always, we will continue to back Alan Stubbs and the team on the park and this has been the case at all times”.

Ends

Re the first highlighted part, LD is well aware of the disconnect and is working to remove it

Re the second highlighted part, these models and others have been and are being discussed over the three nights of meetings with fans at ER

Re the third highlighted part, thank God they are because plenty are not

HibsMax
03-09-2014, 08:13 PM

I *think* it means people who are not prepared to put the football aspects of the club above the finances. I don't mean any disrespect to either side with that comment, it's just my interpretation. Perhaps Paul will clarify for himself?

djs69
03-09-2014, 08:15 PM
It's a football club, but it's a company which will run into more debt owned by Kano and fans without proper financial backing/underwriting.
The survey has had no press whatsoever

rcarter1

Petrie may understand football at the higher organisation level dealing with business and other corporate entities. But he doesn't seem in any way the kind of football person that understands how to organise and pull together a football club. That requires understanding the motivations and needs of the manager, the players, the fans. It would be someone who recognises the essential importance of a fighting team spirt, and making the clubs members feel valuable and important. Its all well to say thats the managers job, but if the Chairman can't see or recognise these things (or their absence) he isn't in a position to make good decisions about what to change when things aren't going to plan. As far as I can see he has played the club like a game of chess, or monopoly. Football is about people, passion, confidence and aggressive desire to win. He aint any of those from what I can see. He's a bean counter.

Kato

No that sounds like the archetypal Scottish Football "blazer", none of the above means he understands football or has any passion for the game.

Kato
03-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Petrie may understand football at the higher organisation level dealing with business and other corporate entities. But he doesn't seem in any way the kind of football person that understands how to organise and pull together a football club. That requires understanding the motivations and needs of the manager, the players, the fans. It would be someone who recognises the essential importance of a fighting team spirt, and making the clubs members feel valuable and important. Its all well to say thats the managers job, but if the Chairman can't see or recognise these things (or their absence) he isn't in a position to make good decisions about what to change when things aren't going to plan. As far as I can see he has played the club like a game of chess, or monopoly. Football is about people, passion, confidence and aggressive desire to win. He aint any of those from what I can see. He's a bean counter.

It's become a cliche that the most important relationship at a football club is between the manager and the chairman.

RP's ambition at Hibs was to become "invisible", ffs. That is never going to inspire anyone, manager, fans or players. Maybe the Magic Circle but that doesn't help Hibs.

rcarter1
03-09-2014, 08:23 PM
It's become a cliche that the most important relationship at a football club is between the manager and the chairman.

RP's ambition at Hibs was to become "invisible", ffs. That is never going to inspire anyone, manager, fans or players. Maybe the Magic Circle but that doesn't help Hibs.

Wrong guy for the job. After building the stadium and east mains a completely fresh outlook could have harnessed the infrastructure. All split milk now but.

SunshineOnLeith
03-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Sounds more like a suit to me.

No that sounds like the archetypal Scottish Football "blazer", none of the above means he understands football or has any passion for the game.

Ok, so what constitutes a "football person" if not 20-odd years professional involvement in football?

Deansy
03-09-2014, 08:37 PM
A 'Football Person' would never be seen (on camera) smiling/smirking when his club gets relegated.

Bishop Hibee
03-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Eddie Thomson at Dundee Utd was a football person. Spent £5m on the club he loved. Left debt but not unmanageable and his legacy is where Utd are now. As rcarter1 said, he should have gone with his dignity intact after overseeing the stadium dev and East Mains.

Don Giovanni
03-09-2014, 08:54 PM

Petrie is an administrator.

A stubborn, calculating, miserly administrator with an astonishing "I know best" arrogance (despite all of the evidence to the contrary).

He is a toxic administrator without accountability.

Brightside
03-09-2014, 09:00 PM
I filled out the survey - did i miss where it said this was for Kano's takeover? I thought it was an SDS "opinion" survey. But its now going to be used as a change hammer by "Forever Hibernian"

NW
03-09-2014, 09:12 PM
I filled out the survey - did i miss where it said this was for Kano's takeover? I thought it was an SDS "opinion" survey. But its now going to be used as a change hammer by "Forever Hibernian"

It's an independent SDS survey which is now being endorsed by forever Hibernian as best way to proceed. If it shows change wanted a new seperate group will be set up

Don Giovanni
03-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Ok, so what constitutes a "football person" if not 20-odd years professional involvement in football?

I love the Six Nations. It's a fantastic tournament, full of commitment, every game matters.
I can follow the play, understand what's happening (usually) and hold conversation about the game.

But I'm not a rugby man.

I've never played rugby.
I don't follow a team.
I've never been to a live game.
I'll never have the passion and understanding of rugby that a guy brought up in the Borders, spending his free time coaching kids on a wet, Wednesday night has for the sport.

There are lots of people involved professionally at football clubs up and down the country who are not "football people".
From the lassie operating the till in the club store to the guy that owns the club. For many, including some players, professional involvement in football is simply what pays the bills, it's just a job.

marinello59
03-09-2014, 09:26 PM
It's an independent SDS survey which is now being endorsed by forever Hibernian as best way to proceed. If it shows change wanted a new seperate group will be set up

In the press release Paul Kane said this.

Nothing wrong with that and information that would have been appreciated if it had been available earlier

Yet just a couple of days ago on here you stated that you were behind this as an individual fan. Maybe if you had been up front from the start instead of spending weeks talking the club value down and having derogatory digs at LD (during which you claimed you were just a poster expressing his opinion with no involvement in anything ) then people wouldn't be so suspicious of anything you say now. Just two days ago your were claiming that LD was trying to block 'your' survey yet now we know that she is actually encouraging people to take part. Bizarre, just bizarre.

Gustavo Fring
03-09-2014, 09:36 PM
A 'Football Person' would never be seen (on camera) smiling/smirking when his club gets relegated.

bang on :top marks

NW
03-09-2014, 09:38 PM

Nothing wrong with that and information that would have been appreciated if it had been available earlier

Yet just a couple of days ago on here you stated that you were behind this as an individual fan. Maybe if you had been up front from the start instead of spending weeks talking the club value down and having derogatory digs at LD (during which you claimed you were just a poster expressing his opinion with no involvement in anything ) then people wouldn't be so suspicious of anything you say now. Just two days ago your were claiming that LD was trying to block 'your' survey yet now we know that she is actually encouraging people to take part. Bizarre, just bizarre.

I approached SDS off my own back, I was then put in touch with a number of people who are interested in different ways to help Hibs, one of which was Paul Kane. After the survey idea was raised the other parties wanted to find out more about SDS and what they had to offer. I helped in arrange some meetings.

The club were aware a survey was going to go out yet when it did LD went off on one and was totally out of order and abusive. I made contact with her and she told me that fans wanted this kind of work done by the club, we agreed to disagree. She has since caused trouble for SDS.

I am happy she is now advising it be completed and I have said I will go over results with her.

At the end of the day all we want is the best future for the club

ancient hibee
03-09-2014, 09:40 PM
I approached SDS off my own back, I was then put in touch with a number of people who are interested in different ways to help Hibs, one of which was Paul Kane. After the survey idea was raised the other parties wanted to find out more about SDS and what they had to offer. I helped in arrange some meetings.

The club were aware a survey was going to go out yet when it did LD went off on one and was totally out of order and abusive. I made contact with her and she told me that fans wanted this kind of work done by the club, we agreed to disagree. She has since caused trouble for SDS.

I am happy she is now advising it be completed and I have said I will go over results with her.

In what way was she abusive?Was this the unauthorised use pf the club crest?

Kaff
03-09-2014, 09:46 PM

Absolutely, and as has been said on other threads, show your cards and we'll listen objectively. Carry on like this and you have no creditability, you're not helping your case and imo is similar to the club holding membership here yet not interacting. Be upfront and we will all appreciate it

NW
03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
In what way was she abusive?Was this the unauthorised use pf the club crest?

Partly the crest and partly the fact it had gone live without her being asked is my impression. The crest was an error, taken down in minutes and an apology issued. SDS got an abusive call regarding this and threats re future employment made. It may well result in an SDS employee not being able to remain

NW
03-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Absolutely, and as has been said on other threads, show your cards and we'll listen objectively. Carry on like this and you have no creditability, you're not helping your case and imo is similar to the club holding membership here yet not interacting. Be upfront and we will all appreciate it

My cards are I've assisted in bringing a survey alive and bringing groups togther to try to get feedback on a united way forward. No other agenda from me rather than wanting to change the current woe. I'm willing to work in my own time to help drive part of this and will continue to do so

ancient hibee
03-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Partly the crest and partly the fact it had gone live without her being asked is my impression. The crest was an error, taken down in minutes and an apology issued. SDS got an abusive call regarding this and threats re future employment made. It may well result in an SDS employee not being able to remain

If SDS get rid of an employee that must be because he or she has committed a sackable offence surely?What has that got to do with the club?I'm not being critical-just curious.

NW
03-09-2014, 09:55 PM
If SDS get rid of an employee that must be because he or she has committed a sackable offence surely?What has that got to do with the club?I'm not being critical-just curious.

Formal
Complaint made re use of badge and no prior
Consultation and it's gotten political as governing bodies don't want clubs upset. It's a farce a total farce and I'm afraid our club acted badly IMO. Senior club officials have made it known they don't like how SDS operate

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Formal
Consultation and it's gotten political as governing bodies don't want clubs upset. It's a farce a total farce and I'm afraid our club acted badly IMO. Senior club officials have made it known they don't like how SDS operate

And yet they have openly stated they wish to work the two surveys in conjunction. Something doesn't add up

NW
03-09-2014, 09:59 PM
And yet they have openly stated they wish to work the two surveys in conjunction. Something doesn't add up

Do they have a choice? Can they really ignore a Hibs fans survey with over 2000 entries?

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Do they have a choice? Can they really ignore a Hibs fans survey with over 2000 entries?

You miss my point. If they were openly aggressive about it, as you've asserted, why would they say they want to work in conjunction with SDS?

NW
03-09-2014, 10:04 PM
You miss my point. If they were openly aggressive about it, as you've asserted, why would they say they want to work in conjunction with SDS?

I guess because all schemes that have got
Off the ground involving fans recently has been assisted by them, the
Major one that didn't failed

NW
03-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Does that mean you don't know? Are these facts or your impression?
These things matter to me.
Silly I know but there you go.

The foundation of the complaint is those two issues.

FranckSuzy
03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
The foundation of the complaint is those two issues.

Are you perchance the guy who, at the last WT meeting, talked about fan engagement?

NW
03-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Are you perchance the guy who, at the last WT meeting, talked about fan engagement?

No

trev the hat
03-09-2014, 10:15 PM
What happened with SDS at the yams, who were any investors they suggested for them ? Massone ? pffft.
Not convinced at all that they are as transparent as they'd have us believe.

NW
03-09-2014, 10:18 PM
What happened with SDS at the yams, who were any investors they suggested for them ? Massone ? pffft.

They worked to get rid of Massine and mackies and brought solidarity and still work with them to this day. They don't charge and work for the fans best interest

Nailrodders
03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Instead of baiting a guy who is obviously putting a lot of his own time into trying to find ways to turn things around at ER, why don't all you guys who are so sceptical about his version of events just get somebody at the meeting tonight to ask LD for her version?

And even better - it's actually relevant to the agenda.

NW
03-09-2014, 10:21 PM

They don't provide or suggest investors they work on planning and strategy and legal frameworks

trev the hat
03-09-2014, 10:25 PM
They worked to get rid of Massine and mackies and brought solidarity and still work with them to this day. They don't charge and work for the fans best interest

Not true

jacomo
03-09-2014, 10:33 PM
My cards are I've assisted in bringing a survey alive and bringing groups togther to try to get feedback on a united way forward. No other agenda from me rather than wanting to change the current woe. I'm willing to work in my own time to help drive part of this and will continue to do so

I'll accept you at your word that you only have the best interests of Hibs in mind. :aok:

Who is Paul Goodwin? How is he getting involved in this?

FranckSuzy
03-09-2014, 10:36 PM
No

:aok:

Leithenhibby
03-09-2014, 10:54 PM
I'll accept you at your word that you only have the best interests of Hibs in mind. :aok:

Who is Paul Goodwin? How is he getting involved in this?

He is head of SDS...

jacomo
03-09-2014, 11:13 PM
His is head of SDS...

Ta.

Iain G
03-09-2014, 11:48 PM

Sounds like the kind of thing Yogi would say to justify his slavering.

The one that annoys me more is "like minded Hibs fans"... :wink:

Beefster
04-09-2014, 05:01 AM

Spot on, M59. Every man and his dog is trying to manipulate the support - the club, Kane's group, Low's group and now this entire survey thing.

Nutmegged
04-09-2014, 06:50 AM
You might not like the phrase but it's apparent to me what the statement is getting at. The club has, under STF and RP ownership, become detached from the support and made the corporate side of things a bigger focus than the footballing side. That's undeniable IMO.

I'm sure a Celtic fan said the exact same thing about Peter Lawwell on Sportsound

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 10:33 AM

I'm not sure this is factually correct, SDS are on record, "Hibernian were doing their own consultation and wanted to move before they (Hibernian FC) launched".......

Formal

It may be your opinion that the club acted badly, but you can't blame them when in actual fact they were gazumped. All the fans want is transparency, honest Hibbies that move forward together.

IMO, yes, they do have a choice. When you look at the fan base of our club with gates anywhere between 9,000/Sell Out, your claim is just a small % IMO. Take it further, say world wide, your % has just dropped even more :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 10:40 AM

If you believe they don't you are well out of your depth. I'm wagering you believe they don't.

Brightside
04-09-2014, 10:40 AM
When I filled out that survey at no point did it say it would be used by Kano etc. I'm in favour of fan involvement moving forward but want noting to do with Paul Kane and his pals.

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 02:12 PM
When I filled out that survey at no point did it say it would be used by Kano etc. I'm in favour of fan involvement moving forward but want noting to do with Paul Kane and his pals.

It's just a Survey to guage interest from Fans.

FWIW, Dempster has mentioned it on the Fushul Site and encouraged as many as possible to fill it in.

leggeto
04-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Only 2000 done,surely we can do better than that

Keith_M
04-09-2014, 02:53 PM
No, it's a survey designed to get the response wanted.
Loaded questions, like most survey's are.

Could you give an example of what you mean?

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM

That's a very fair point and takes me back to, transparency!......

Only 2000 done,surely we can do better than that

It's independent of HFC, so why do you feel more would do it?

IanM
04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
@PaulGoodwin3: Over 2500 Hibs fans now giving thier views http://t.co/sbe2LCnfGt don't miss out. Thanks to the Jambos for the funny comments too!

NW
04-09-2014, 03:52 PM
That's a very fair point and takes me back to, transparency!......

Read the full press release. If majority want to progress then a new group will be formed with an independent chairperson. Not Paul Kane and not forever Hibernian.

It's independent of HFC, so why do you feel more would do it?
Read the full press release. If majority want to progress then a new group will be formed with an independent chairperson. Not Paul Kane and not forever Hibernian.
Because trust is low

jacomo
04-09-2014, 04:31 PM
No, it's a survey designed to get the response wanted.
Loaded questions, like most survey's are.

Could you give an example of what you mean?

From the press release:

If it was a genuine survey of opinion, it wouldn't 'call for' anything. It appears that the outcome has been determined before the results are in.

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Because trust is low

I have read the full report and my view hasn't changed. Some would say "Window Dressing"......

NW
04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
I have read the full report and my view hasn't changed. Some would say "Window Dressing"......

Ok well hopefully you have done the survey and given your views and will come to any follow up meetings and offer any help you can? We are just trying to find a way forward, it is only a survey asking for
Opinion , it's not as if it's asked for it taken money off people.

Phil D. Rolls
04-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Ok well hopefully you have done the survey and given your views and will come to any follow up meetings and offer any help you can? We are just trying to find a way forward, it is only a survey asking for

What margin of error will you be using to interpret the survey results?

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM

I won't be attending any further meetings, that's for sure. Thanks, but no thanks.

The bold text makes no sense to me, NW. Can you explain your final point please?

NW
04-09-2014, 05:50 PM
What margin of error will you be using to interpret the survey results?

That will be done by the software provider and the SDS team who are running it. I have no access to the system and letting their experience take this on. Sorry not trying to dodge but that's an honest answer.

NW
04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
I won't be attending any further meetings, that's for sure. Thanks, but no thanks.

The bold text makes no sense to me, NW. Can you explain your final point please?

Simply that it's a survey and not asking people to donate, it doesn't cost anyone anything other than time.

ancient hibee
04-09-2014, 05:52 PM
From the press release:

If it was a genuine survey of opinion, it wouldn't 'call for' anything. It appears that the outcome has been determined before the results are in.

I think that's lazy journalism rather than accurate comment.

Leithenhibby
04-09-2014, 10:36 PM
That will be done by the software provider and the SDS team who are running it. I have no access to the system and letting their experience take this on. Sorry not trying to dodge but that's an honest answer.

It seems a bit strange to me that a Government funded body is running a survey the could be deemed "hostile" towards H.F.C. Holdings Limited. Remember, it's tax payers money that fund SDS.

Simply that it's a survey and not asking people to donate, it doesn't cost anyone anything other than time.

Not yet, but Q 3, 4, & 10 do ask about money, so it suggests to me that it's part of the agenda.

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2014, 05:46 AM

Thanks for the reply. :aok:

Leithenhibby
09-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. :aok:

It's always nice when you get constructive answers on the net :wink:

It seems a bit strange to me that a Government funded body is running a survey the could be deemed "hostile" towards H.F.C. Holdings Limited. Remember, it's tax payers money that fund SDS.

The silence is deafening :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
09-09-2014, 05:04 PM
It's always nice when you get constructive answers on the net :wink:

The silence is deafening :rolleyes:

It was very helpful, and has really clarified what's going on. :greengrin

RIP
09-09-2014, 07:57 PM
It seems a bit strange to me that a Government funded body is running a survey the could be deemed "hostile" towards H.F.C. Holdings Limited. Remember, it's tax payers money that fund SDS

Hostile how? Their role is to assist supporters groups who seek help. It's a Forever Hibernian survey. SDS are merely providing Survey Monkey.

Think you have been having too many chats with Petrie

marinello59
09-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Hostile how? Their role is to assist supporters groups who seek help. It's a Forever Hibernian survey. SDS are merely providing Survey Monkey.

It was all down to NW on his own a couple of weeks back.:confused:

RIP
09-09-2014, 08:51 PM
It was all down to NW on his own a couple of weeks back.:confused:

OK bud.

A survey composed by NW who has been working in partnership with FH. It was discussed with LD before she announced her own one, I'm told. The results and the paper survey are going to be shared with the management communications team of Leeann, David Forsyth and Colin Millar. No great controversy as far as I can see.

Doesn't changing the SDS role which is to provide advice and support where required. We may not be a complete basket case but independent advice and expertise is very welcome

Brightside
09-09-2014, 08:57 PM
So a post on one of the FB sites from a Hibs fan is claiming he was at Easter Road tonight and was told the stadium is to be sold??? Anyone heard or is this the usual guff.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2014, 08:59 PM
So a post on one of the FB sites from a Hibs fan is claiming he was at Easter Road tonight and was told the stadium is to be sold??? Anyone heard or is this the usual guff.

I heard that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has bought it for a pound.

lord bunberry
09-09-2014, 08:59 PM

I was just asked the same question

marinello59
09-09-2014, 09:02 PM
OK bud.

A survey composed by NW who has been working in partnership with FH. It was discussed with LD before she announced her own one, I'm told. The results and the paper survey are going to be shared with the management communications team of Leeann, David Forsyth and Colin Millar. No great controversy as far as I can see.

Doesn't changing the SDS role which is to provide advice and support where required. We may not be a complete basket case but independent advice and expertise is very welcome

Not what he said. He was acting totally alone. An independent fan.:confused:
I have filled it in and encouraged others to do so though.

Kato
09-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I heard that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has bought it for a pound.

I bid 2 pounds!!

RIP
09-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Not what he said. He was acting totally alone. An independent fan.:confused:
I have filled it in and encouraged others to do so though.

If you read my 2nd post we are saying the same thing. He was the sole author.

marinello59
09-09-2014, 09:06 PM
If you read my 2nd post we are saying the same thing. He was the sole author.

So he wasn't in partnership with Forever Hibernian. Cheers, I misunderstood.

blackpoolhibs
09-09-2014, 09:07 PM
I bid 2 pounds!!

Too late, just read it on FB.

ALF TUPPER
Re the first highlighted part, LD is well aware of the disconnect and is working to remove it

Re the second highlighted part, these models and others have been and are being discussed over the three nights of meetings with fans at ER

Re the third highlighted part, thank God they are because plenty are not

Summed up well JB.

RIP
Was told last week and again yesterday that we would see some big news today. Pish or gen up I know not.

Leithenhibby

I said it, could be deemed hostile. SDS role is to assist and advise, not run a survey against a private company with tax payers money. NW, post 66 states that SDS are running the survey. It's just my opinion, but I think that's wrong. :wink:

RIP
09-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I said it, could be deemed hostile. SDS role is to assist and advise, not run a survey against a private company with tax payers money. NW, post 66 states that SDS are running the survey. It's just my opinion, but I think that's wrong. :wink:

There are some powerful people like Petrie and Johnston who oppose any form of supporter power or democratic fan involvement in Scottish Football. They are dinosaurs and their days are numbered.

Supporters Direct under Paul Goodwin have made many friends in the game. Let's offer them our support rather than be Petrie's puppets

Gerard
09-09-2014, 09:19 PM
There are some powerful people like Petrie and Johnston who oppose any form of supporter power or democratic fan involvement in Scottish Football. They are dinosaurs and their days are numbered.

Supporters Direct under Paul Goodwin have made many friends in the game. Let's offer them our support rather than be Petrie's puppets

:wink::top marks

Leithenhibby
09-09-2014, 09:26 PM

I hope your right, but as you have stated, they are powerful people. It's been my opinion since this survey was launched that it was rushed through to get ahead of HFC, as they were intending to launch the following week. My opinion hasn't changed.

RIP
09-09-2014, 09:52 PM
I hope your right, but as you have stated, they are powerful people. It's been my opinion since this survey was launched that it was rushed through to get ahead of HFC, as they were intending to launch the following week. My opinion hasn't changed.

You are making things up. Stirring. LDs survey was the one rushed out without any prior consultation with fans groups. Their chair was hired by LD at the last minute and the details were all wrong when first published. Panic measures. Playing catch up to the official supporters association who had engaged with their members already.

Why we can't all work together I don't know instead of being pushed into taking sides. We are all HFC. We are all the club. Management are transitory. We are permanent.

silverhibee
09-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Was told last week and again yesterday that we would see some big news today. Pish or gen up I know not.

What was the big news meant to be.

Leithenhibby
09-09-2014, 10:33 PM
You are making things up. Stirring. LDs survey was the one rushed out without any prior consultation with fans groups. Their chair was hired by LD at the last minute and the details were all wrong when first published. Panic measures. Playing catch up to the official supporters association who had engaged with their members already.

Why we can't all work together I don't know instead of being pushed into taking sides. We are all HFC. We are all the club. Management are transitory. We are permanent.

Do you care to expand on this claim that I'm making things up?

I have stated from the off that I didn't agree with this survey and that was my opinion, nothing more.

marinello59
10-09-2014, 05:39 AM

Wasn't that what the fans consultations were about? I thought LWT would have welcomed that sort of communication between the club and fans. What's changed in your thinking? Your stance now seems to be us against them.

RIP
10-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Wasn't that what the fans consultations were about? I thought LWT would have welcomed that sort of communication between the club and fans. What's changed in your thinking? Your stance now seems to be us against them.

There you go again. Why is it necessary to pick over every word of every post. It's no wonder that so many of us post less frequently. We are no longer individuals. Every sentence needs to be tied back to Forever Hibernian, Working Together, Management or some other perceived agenda.

Why can't we all be on the same side i.e. Hibernian FC. Start trusting each other, our fans groups and our new CEO? Work for unity instead of all this division.

RIP
10-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Working Together has no view. It's a forum between Board, management and organisations representing all sections of the Hibernian Family. I am not a member of WT - indeed it has no members. My views are merely my own.

LWT was based upon a philosophy that by working together our club will be stronger. The previous supporter consultations were conducted based upon these principles.

Now management are doing their own thing and supporters are doing their own thing. Wouldn't it be easier if we only had one joined up process?

marinello59
10-09-2014, 10:43 AM
There you go again. Why is it necessary to pick over every word of every post. It's no wonder that so many of us post less frequently. We are no longer individuals. Every sentence needs to be tied back to Forever Hibernian, Working Together, Management or some other perceived agenda.

Why can't we all be on the same side i.e. Hibernian FC. Start trusting each other, our fans groups and our new CEO? Work for unity instead of all this division.

No offence but I honestly have no idea what you have been trying to say over your last few posts on this thread.

RIP
10-09-2014, 10:52 AM
No offence but I honestly have no idea what you have been trying to say over your last few posts on this thread.

Am I bovvered?

Golden Bear
10-09-2014, 11:00 AM
I agree - united we stand, divided we fall.

Unfortunately at the minute there seems to be a multitude of splinter groups none of which are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Let's have less emphasis on behind the scene politics and more attention to where it really matters - on the football park.

marinello59
10-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Am I bovvered?

I hope not.

Mikey
10-09-2014, 11:39 AM

The stats are up.

Again.

A lot.

Pretty Boy
10-09-2014, 12:19 PM
The stats are up.

Again.

A lot.

Maybe because some folk are posting less frequently.....

The Falcon
10-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Does anybody know if any of these prospective buyers have the cash necessary?

Leith_Hibee
10-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Rubbish, I turned and smirked to my mate when Cummings missed his pen. I was not saying I dont give a ****, I was saying I can't believe relegation has actually happened. I do wish we could just pull together and let Leeann get on with her job.

RIP
10-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I agree - united we stand, divided we fall.

I do wish we could just pull together and let Leeann get on with her job.

:top marks

cam2644
10-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Couldn't have put it better

silverhibee
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Rubbish, I turned and smirked to my mate when Cummings missed his pen. I was not saying I dont give a ****, I was saying I can't believe relegation has actually happened. I do wish we could just pull together and let Leeann get on with her job.

Did you not mean Stubbs, as it is him that will get this club back on track, he is the manager and our problems lie on the pitch and only he can sort them, if he can, i wish we would move on from the Leeann Dempster Love In and get behind the manager and the team, got to say it but starting to bug me how it's Leeann this and Leeann that, she won't be doing any training tactics or picking the team, lets start getting behind Alan Stubbs the club manager and the lads picked to wear the Hibs top.

GGTTH

DarlingtonHibee
10-09-2014, 06:14 PM

Steady.... thats a bit sensible.

Dave-O
10-09-2014, 06:31 PM

What is the necessary cash required and how would a prospective buyer know if the seller wont say?

DarlingtonHibee
10-09-2014, 06:35 PM
What is the necessary cash required and how would a prospective buyer know if the seller wont say?

I'm sure the seller will meet with people who have the long term future of our club as a minimum.

STF is not owning Hibs for financial reasons, but he wont sell us out either.

Ozyhibby
10-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Is Forever Hibernian still on the go? Any news?

The Falcon
10-09-2014, 08:32 PM

Make an offer and if its accepted then that would be the necessary cash. If it's not then it's not.

I would add that as long as it's not borrowed.

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm sure the seller will meet with people who have the long term future of our club as a minimum.

What are his reasons for owning Hibs, having a successful Hibs is definitely not one of them?

Leith_Hibee
10-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Did you not mean Stubbs, as it is him that will get this club back on track, he is the manager and our problems lie on the pitch and only he can sort them, if he can, i wish we would move on from the Leeann Dempster Love In and get behind the manager and the team, got to say it but starting to bug me how it's Leeann this and Leeann that, she won't be doing any training tactics or picking the team, lets start getting behind Alan Stubbs the club manager and the lads picked to wear the Hibs top.

GGTTH

Guilty!! I do mean Stubbs. LD has a role to play by being more flexible with budgets and allowing him to build a team on and off the pitch. I'm guilty of being a happy clapper though. :greengrin

MB62
11-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Do we really need to be buying out STF? is he really the big problem?
I am no great fan of the man but I don't think he has done our club a bad turn in his days as owner.
Rather than buying out STF's 85% or whatever it is he owns, would it not be more possible to buy out Rods' 10%?

A huge part of the problem, as I see it, at ER is the massive distrusts/dislike of RP and if he was gone, the fans buying out his 10% possibly, I don't think there would be as big a rush to buy out STF.

Just a thought.

jacomo
11-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Does anyone else see the irony in a group called 'Forever Hibernian' now being seemingly wound up after just three months?

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 11:53 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?289821-Evening-News-(Hibs)-Leeann-Dempster-Hibs-fans-on-board-will-be-listened-to&p=4163909#post4163909

Who do we trust to sit on the Board.

jacomo
11-09-2014, 12:04 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?289821-Evening-News-(Hibs)-Leeann-Dempster-Hibs-fans-on-board-will-be-listened-to&p=4163909#post4163909

Who do we trust to sit on the Board.

My preferred candidates would be an ex-player with deep Hibs affections, and someone who has taken a proactive role in helping to organise fans and get their voices heard - maybe one of admins from here, or someone connected to the Bounce or a supporters' association?

I still think the timing of this ain't great, given that we are in 'crisis management'.

ALF TUPPER
11-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Who do we trust to sit on the Board.. 😉

Me !

Phil D. Rolls
13-09-2014, 08:50 AM

A minor detail which can be discussed once blazers have been issued. There are more important things to be considered just now like whether they are passionate, go getters, who shoot from the hip, but haven't forgotten their roots, and bleed green when you cut them. Poor diction and dress sense are also desirable, but other candidates will be considered.