PDA

View Full Version : Consultation Evening.

Bertie's XI
03-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Any questions people want answering tonight?

Caversham Green
03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Don't know if it's appropriate for tonight, but I'd like to see conversion to a Community Interest Company being discussed.

Twiglet
03-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Don't know if it's appropriate for tonight, but I'd like to see conversion to a Community Interest Company being discussed.

No idea what that means but it does sound like it's on topic. What is one of these?

Hibby Bairn
03-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Trading company that carries community or social aims and importantly has a lock on its assets.

Keith_M
03-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Yes please.

Q: Is the current plan to sell the club to the supporters, either in full or in part?

Q: If part, what percentage and what is the plan for the rest of the shares?

Q: If the answer to the first question is No, then what is STF's intention regarding transfering ownership of the company in the event of his demise (sorry, no nice way to put that)

Cheers:

Weir7
03-09-2014, 04:03 PM

What assets are for sale and how much does he want

Caversham Green
03-09-2014, 04:04 PM
No idea what that means but it does sound like it's on topic. What is one of these?

Broadly, it's a cross between a trading company and a charity. It trades as a business but there are restrictions on the sale of assets and distribution of profits. The club has effectively been operating like that anyway but conversion would put the restrictions on a legal basis.

To me it seems ideal for a football club, particularly one like Hibs, but I'd like to hear what the people at the sharp end think of it. I'd also like to hear what prospective buyers' views are when the time is right - I suspect David Low and his mates wouldn't have been anywhere near the club if it was a CIC.

jacomo
03-09-2014, 04:06 PM
What is the rationale for a change in ownership?
What would it achieve?
Would it bring in more investment?
Would it halt the long standing under-performance on the pitch?

Why, if STF is not actively looking to sell, is the consultation on fan involvement and ownership happening now? Could it not have waited until the autumn, when the playing squad was settled and the new head coach and other new staff are settled into their roles?

E10 Rifle
03-09-2014, 04:15 PM
I would ask what measurable objectives Leeann has set the club for her first year in charge?

jacomo
03-09-2014, 04:18 PM
I would ask what measurable objectives Leeann has set the club for her first year in charge?

To get promoted at the first attempt, no?

:cb

Keith_M
03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Broadly, it's a cross between a trading company and a charity. It trades as a business but there are restrictions on the sale of assets and distribution of profits. The club has effectively been operating like that anyway but conversion would put the restrictions on a legal basis.

To me it seems ideal for a football club, particularly one like Hibs, but I'd like to hear what the people at the sharp end think of it. I'd also like to hear what prospective buyers' views are when the time is right - I suspect David Low and his mates wouldn't have been anywhere near the club if it was a CIC.

That sounds like a good idea.

If I had loadsa money, I'd happily buy the club then run it on that basis. I'll get back to you after Friday's Euro Millions :wink:

Hibby Bairn
03-09-2014, 04:29 PM

That is correct CG.A perfect model to protect from future would be suitors.

BSEJVT
03-09-2014, 04:32 PM
When are they filling in the corners and building the helipad?:greengrin

Why did we not buy Leigh Griffiths for £150k when we could have? :greengrin

How much have Farmer and Petrie made by milking the club?:greengrin

Why are we paying £70,000 rent to STF for the Ticket Office?:greengrin

Where are LD's strings if she is a puppet?:greengrin

Why are we still paying off every previous managerial team from Dave Ewing onwards?:greengrin

Why did Petrie smirk when we were relegated instead of bursting into tears?:greengrin

Why isn't all the season ticket money spent on actually buying players and paying their salaries?:greengrin

E10 Rifle
03-09-2014, 04:43 PM

She's a competent CEO...she'll have more than just this as target (hopefully) and it'll give us a flavour of how the club is being run.

matty_f
03-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I'd like to know if it's true that Kerry Katona doesn't actually own a cat.

hiberactive
03-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Why,with average crowds of 10-11 thousand,we can't compete with teams like ICT,Motherwell,Dundee Utd,Dundee,,St.mirren,Hamilton,Kilmarnock,St.Johns tone-and now Falkirk,Q of the South and Raith Rovers.

steakbake
03-09-2014, 05:20 PM

Is it 'we expect' or is it 'we hope'. pretty sure we were already grasping for the possibility of a playoff place before a game had even been played.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2014, 05:36 PM
1 ) ......... If we have no chance of winning the league by December but are well placed for a play off place, will the club be prepared to take a calculated risk in the January transfer window to ensure that we have at least a fighting chance of competing with the other play off clubs?

This against the background of what in the view of the vast majority of fans was a summer transfer window which flew in the face of the clubs stated aim of promotion at the first time of asking.

2 ) ......... What about the FF singing section?

3) .......... Why cant I go out for a fag at half time?

IanM
03-09-2014, 06:46 PM

😂😂😂😂

Onion
03-09-2014, 06:57 PM
What currency will we use to get in if it's a Yes ?

On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 10 is excellent), how successful does she think we've been in this last, crucial summer transfer window ?

Can LD provide us with a breakdown of the cost-savings across the company (playing staff, back room staff, administration. Board costs, etc in response to the reduce revenue this season ?

What are the specific Key Measures of Success for the football club and how are we doing against those ?

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2014, 06:59 PM

Yes but she's got a

greenginger
03-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Ask LD if she knows our on gardening leave former manager is working for Sky Sports tonight.

Dock him this months wages . :greengrin

Gerard
03-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Ask LD if she knows our on gardening leave former manager is working for Sky Sports tonight.

Shirley a year's wages:wink::greengrin:top marks

3pm
03-09-2014, 07:32 PM

Doing what?

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Doing what?

He spent last week telling Louis Van Gaal what he was doing wrong so probably something similar tonight.

That's right, Terry ****ing Butcher gets paid to tell other managers what they are doing wrong.

3pm
03-09-2014, 07:42 PM
He spent last week telling Louis Van Gaal what he was doing wrong so probably something similar tonight.

That's right, Terry ****ing Butcher gets paid to tell other managers what they are doing wrong.

I got back from holiday today. While away, the TV had Sky News as the only British channel and he was on it. Think it was about Van Gaal now you say it.

Just pure rage from me every time I see him.

Ronniekirk
03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes but she's got a
But does it Purr

Joe6-2
03-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Doing what?

Doing what he's best at, talking #ish!

Borderhibbie76
03-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Doing what he's best at, talking #ish!
If awards were handed out for being a media whore and spouting utter p##h he would be manager of year would our gardener!!

Oscar T Grouch
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
But does it Purr

Nah, its a growler :wink:

Twiglet
03-09-2014, 08:23 PM

This kind of thing was raised last night by Down The Slope I think. Was speaking to him after the meeting and he was saying the same, Low wouldn't be interested in it as he wanted to (somehow) make money from Hibs which he wouldn't be able to do with this kind of set-up.

HappyAsHellas
03-09-2014, 08:48 PM
2 ) ......... What about the FF singing section?

3) .......... Why cant I go out for a fag at half time?

I questioned Leeann about (2) last night myself and she seemed interested. I said that the noise we generated at the PBS the other week could be equalled at ER if we could get the singers and drummers in the FF upper. I asked a few of the boys in section 43 about this at the Dumbarton game and they seemed up for it. What we need to do now is get in touch with all the main guys in section 43, and then perhaps do a "one off" in the FF upper at a home game to see how it goes. She seemed to realise the importance of a noisy home support and I certainly don't think I was being fobbed off in any manner. If you, or anyone has any further ideas on this then PM me and we'll try to get the ball rolling.

3) I can't go out for a fag either but forgot to ask............

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-09-2014, 10:09 PM
I questioned Leeann about (2) last night myself and she seemed interested. I said that the noise we generated at the PBS the other week could be equalled at ER if we could get the singers and drummers in the FF upper. I asked a few of the boys in section 43 about this at the Dumbarton game and they seemed up for it. What we need to do now is get in touch with all the main guys in section 43, and then perhaps do a "one off" in the FF upper at a home game to see how it goes. She seemed to realise the importance of a noisy home support and I certainly don't think I was being fobbed off in any manner. If you, or anyone has any further ideas on this then PM me and we'll try to get the ball rolling.

3) I can't go out for a fag either but forgot to ask............

FF lower surely mate? Closer to the pitch the better. Would be lost up in the upper tier with a quieter lower tier underneath us.

down-the-slope
03-09-2014, 10:20 PM

Well you weren't listening when I raised this very point last night...:greengrin

Cav...and to answer your question it was received very warmly - even to the point that I felt LD was hoping it would .....

Leith Mo
03-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Well you weren't listening when I raised this very point last night...:greengrin

Cav...and to answer your question it was received very warmly - even to the point that I felt LD was hoping it would .....

Yes. Sorry I didn't remember to mention this on my ramblings abut Tuesday night's meeting. Was warmly received by the panel and I suspect an indication that this could be a possibility under consideration? (In my opinion not "fact"). Also forgot to say that I did ask afterwards if what Fergus McCann had done with Celtic had been considered as a model and the reply was based around the scale of Hibs relative to Celtic (and that wasn't a dismissal of us as being any less than them). Well done on raising awareness of this possible outcome.

Twiglet
03-09-2014, 11:07 PM

I did reply later once I got the explanation, even named you (post is at the top of this page too). :greengrin Knew the thing, but not the name.

NAE NOOKIE
03-09-2014, 11:49 PM
FF lower surely mate? Closer to the pitch the better. Would be lost up in the upper tier with a quieter lower tier underneath us.

Actually that might not be strictly true. Every now and again theres a few folk in the FF upper who make a bit of a noise and you can clearly hear them in the FF lower. If there was 500 or more in the FF upper making a noise the FF lower would probably join in.

Erm .... the singing section is currently as lost as can be stuck half way up the East with nobody in front of them ... the stand itself is probably set further from the pitch than the FF. The acoustics in the upper FF are way better than the East I would guess and would probably be a lot closer to what things used to be like in the old East stand. Personally I wouldn't dismiss the upper FF out of hand.

Edit ......... The view is brilliant.

HappyAsHellas
04-09-2014, 07:51 AM
The problem with the FF lower is that people standing can obstruct the view of those in hospitality. I don't imagine the 43 people sitting for an entire game. Early days though, I'm sure something can be worked out. I suggested the upper as a way of negating the hospitality rebuke, a preemptive strike, if you will.

PatHead
05-09-2014, 10:35 AM
The problem with the FF lower is that people standing can obstruct the view of those in hospitality. I don't imagine the 43 people sitting for an entire game. Early days though, I'm sure something can be worked out. I suggested the upper as a way of negating the hospitality rebuke, a preemptive strike, if you will.

It is possible to exchange season tickets for individual games. Why don't you do it for the Raith Rovers game and see how it goes? Don't hang around just get it done, discuss at Cowdenbeath game and cleared with the stewards/email Leeann to ensure no issues.

Bad Martini
05-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Did anyone ask her to re-sign Deek? :greengrin:aok:

:not worth

Just need the odd goal that doesn't come from our keeper or our opponents own boots and that'd do for starters. Sure he could manage that :thumbsup:

#threadhijackover :na na: