Direct replacement for El Alagui? Plenty headed goals in this one! :greengrin

http://i.imgur.com/tLbUBZ3.jpg

JohnM1875
02-09-2014, 11:53 PM
... Jesus Christ. Smallest player to wear a Hibs shirt?!:brickwall

The Green Goblin
03-09-2014, 12:01 AM

Hasn't kicked a ball for us but you're already slating him for being small.

:faf:

J-C
03-09-2014, 12:03 AM

Never realised Jesus Christ played for us

TBF that pic has him with bent legs, if he straightens up he's not that small, about the same size ar Stanton.

Forza Fred
03-09-2014, 12:04 AM

Can't be smaller than Johnny Grant surelY?

Cue memories from fellow old farts:greengrin

JohnM1875
03-09-2014, 12:11 AM
According to Football manager (I know it's not gospel) but he's 5"8 so about average height I guess.

SteveHFC
03-09-2014, 12:23 AM
According to Football manager (I know it's not gospel) but he's 5"8 so about average height I guess.

I'm smaller than him :(

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2014, 12:30 AM
makes mickey weir look like peter crouch

:)

Callum_62
03-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Hopefully he has the 'Kevin Harper' spring....

:greengrin

California-Hibs
03-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Not sure why, but I actually think the lad is gonna be class!

GreenLake
03-09-2014, 01:12 AM

Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez and Lionel Messi score quite a few goals and are about the same height.

KWJ
03-09-2014, 01:15 AM
Russell, Russell Latapy.

Scott Sinclair's wee bro according to wiki.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-09-2014, 01:28 AM
Haha, I'd tower above him :greengrin

greenlex
03-09-2014, 02:35 AM
What you talkin bout Willis?

oconnors_strip
03-09-2014, 09:43 AM
He may lack in height but he has pace and is quick footed, impressed us at the development match last night

Brightside
03-09-2014, 09:49 AM
He may lack in height but he has pace and is quick footed, impressed us at the development match last night

Now now. None of this positive stuff please.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Never realised Jesus Christ played for us

TBF that pic has him with bent legs, if he straightens up he's not that small, about the same size ar Stanton.

Stanton is 6 foot.

Not slating the lad for being small, Messi isn't exactly a giant, but no way is he that height.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Kujabi was smaller than him

GreenLake
03-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Messi is 5'7" which is an inch shorter than Aguero and Tevez.

Big Frank
03-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Mickey weir was a star.... wee crunchie mcallister anyone?

Maybe this lad can be a star too!

scuttle
03-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Before we know it he will have ruptured his Achilles tendon by jumping off the toilet

Oranje39
03-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Give the boy a chance, it's getting ridiculous on here.

Judging a player by their height? Tudor-Jones was some player for us wasn't he?

bingo70
03-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Tbf one person was moaning about his height, everybody else is saying it doesn't matter.

J-C
03-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Stanton is 6 foot.

Not slating the lad for being small, Messi isn't exactly a giant, but no way is he that height.

Is he! are you sure? I'd never thought he was anywhere near 6ft, neare 5ft 9 ish,definitely doesn't look that tall.

ancient hibee
03-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Can't be smaller than Johnny Grant surelY?

Cue memories from fellow old farts:greengrin

Happy to oblige.

Destroyed Falkirk single handedly at Brockville.

Unseen work
03-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Stanton is 6 foot.

sorry but no way is stanton 6 foot??

Keith_M
03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Tbf one person was moaning about his height, everybody else is saying it doesn't matter.

It never ceases to amaze me when people jump on the one negative comment in a thread and tar everybody with the same brush.

Anyway, size isn't everything :wink:

Jim Herriot
03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
http://uk.soccerway.com/players/dan-whatsize/50479/

Could we sign this guy as fourth choice keeper? Just for his pun potential?

tamig
03-09-2014, 04:17 PM

Don't forget big Maka. A stalwart between the sticks.

Mathias Jack
03-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Small players...Messi, he's sh*te isn't he?

emerald green
03-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Just because you are a short a*** doesn't make you a bad player.

One of the best wee guys I ever saw playing was the late Jimmy Johnstone (sadly for Celtic). Saw him rip us apart a few times I have to admit.

SunshineOnLeith
03-09-2014, 07:44 PM
I genuinely thought he was a big, target-man style striker until I saw that picture yesterday :doh:

Wee Scottie Dug
03-09-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't think it was ever the intention for Jake S to be a replacement for Farid, more like competition for our other wingers. A guy at the golf club tonight told me we are in talks with a striker - though he didn't know or pretend to know how the talks were going! - Malonga I think his name was - looked it up on Google and he is free agent so there may be some truth in it. He would not reveal who his source was so it might be pants! :cb

eastterrace
03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't think it was ever the intention for Jake S to be a replacement for Farid, more like competition for our other wingers. A guy at the golf club tonight told me we are in talks with a striker - though he didn't know or pretend to know how the talks were going! - Malonga I think his name was - looked it up on Google and he is free agent so there may be some truth in it. He would not reveal who his source was so it might be pants! :cb

heard the same today, he is dominigue malonga who was on loan at murcia he has been on loan to three clubs so jumps about a bit

ancient hibee
03-09-2014, 09:34 PM
heard the same today, he is dominigue malonga who was on loan at murcia he has been on loan to three clubs so jumps about a bit

If he jumps about a bit in the box it would be helpful.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-09-2014, 06:20 AM
We can club together and get him a pair of built up shoes

ruthven_raiders
04-09-2014, 06:40 AM

Somebody has updated his wiki page to say he's on a two week trial with us. Scored goals in the second tier in Italy, so he's worth a trial at least....we live in hope lol

Septimus
04-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Clearly Stubbs is trying to sign players with some football ability not hammer throwers. Scottish football history is full of small guys who, as my old granny might have said "done good".

It might be sensible to see what this boy can do before condemning him for a perceived lack of physical attributes.

ruthven_raiders
04-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Clearly Stubbs is trying to sign players with some football ability not hammer throwers. Scottish football history is full of small guys who, as my old granny might have said "done good".

It might be sensible to see what this boy can do before condemning him for a perceived lack of physical attributes.

Just look at sterling;)

LancsHibs
04-09-2014, 06:55 AM
Somebody has updated his wiki page to say he's on a two week trial with us. Scored goals in the second tier in Italy, so he's worth a trial at least....we live in hope lol

Malonga has Serie A experience playing for Torino & Cesena:aok:

ruthven_raiders
04-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Malonga has Serie A experience playing for Torino & Cesena:aok:

Yep he has so surely must be good enough for the championship lol

CentreLine
04-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Just because you are a short a*** doesn't make you a bad player.

One of the best wee guys I ever saw playing was the late Jimmy Johnstone (sadly for Celtic). Saw him rip us apart a few times I have to admit.

Great player and great entertainment but of course you will also remember our very own Jimmy O'Rourke. He was hardly a big striker but boy could he crack them in. Add to that the contributions by guys like Pat Quinn, Alex Edwards, Johnny Hamilton and not so long ago, Derek Riordan, none of them very tall

Let's hope Sinclair is just a big a legend

Greendreamer
04-09-2014, 07:14 AM
http://uk.soccerway.com/players/dan-whatsize/50479/

Could we sign this guy as fourth choice keeper? Just for his pun potential?

And as for the 36 yo GK in that list, would again leave a few options for the press...

emerald green
04-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Great player and great entertainment but of course you will also remember our very own Jimmy O'Rourke. He was hardly a big striker but boy could he crack them in. Add to that the contributions by guys like Pat Quinn, Alex Edwards, Johnny Hamilton and not so long ago, Derek Riordan, none of them very tall

:agree:

West hamBERNIAN
04-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Wee Russell wasn't bad either. Best wee player I've seen at hibs, as I remember micky weir was a good player too though I was young then.