PDA

View Full Version : Fighting back against the Board

Cameron1875
02-09-2014, 09:33 PM
All football fans have different opinions so there will be some Hibs fans that think we have been ****ed over this transfer window.
Others will think we've just been unlucky wheras some might still believe we will challenge for the league.

Regardless, we all want what is best for Hibs and surely most can agree we won't get a successful Hibs team with Petrie+Farmer involved.

First time doing poll so go easy on me but hopefully it helps provide some sort of plan for next home game on 13th September v Cowdenbeath.

Edit: If people feel more comfortable waiting till the home game after Pat Stanton 70th Birthday then that's totally understandable

Waxy
02-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Get behind the manager and players.

khib70
02-09-2014, 09:45 PM
This. If you need attention that badly, do the ice bucket thing, or something

Michael
02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Pffft, I mean yeah, I don't like the way our club is run at the moment and it's a source of great disappointment...but there's no chance I'm ever going to make an effort to fix it. I'll just wait for things to sort themselves out...

ManBearPig
02-09-2014, 09:53 PM
get behind new board and squad its the only choice!! no alternative and new ceo and team deserve a chance to turn it around!

Hibbyradge
02-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Pffft, I mean yeah, I don't like the way our club is run at the moment and it's a source of great disappointment...but there's no chance I'm ever going to make an effort to fix it. I'll just wait for things to sort themselves out...

What could you do to fix it?

And why won't you make the effort to do so if you can?

NW
02-09-2014, 09:58 PM
get behind new board and squad its the only choice!! no alternative and new ceo and team deserve a chance to turn it around!

New board???
We must surely back the manager and the players at all times, it's is imperative IMHO that we do not deviate from this. The owners may not put energy and drive into the actual
Football but we must

Stranraer
02-09-2014, 10:01 PM

:top markssimple as that.

Nevi_SOL
02-09-2014, 10:13 PM
I Hate the board as much as the next person but right now the last thing the playing squad need is distraction and especially on PS Birthday

Northernhibee
02-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I mind the protest where Fenlon decided to leave the day after, then we ended up being relegated. I'd rather that the protesters without a clue were not to bother, thanks.

Michael
02-09-2014, 10:19 PM
What could you do to fix it?

And why won't you make the effort to do so if you can?

1. Effectively, very little.

2. There is nothing through which I can focus my limited powers of influence...

...unless you count ticket sales. If 16k hibees bought season tickets, would our problems be solved? Maybe. Even though I've recently moved pretty far from Edinburgh, I'd still buy one if it was guaranteed 15999 other hibees bought one. I'd like to be part of something worthwhile.

Otherwise, I would miss so many games anyway it wouldn't be worth it.

Makes little rational sense. I know.

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2014, 10:55 PM
For those prepared to do nothing now heres a little help for the future.

150ml Vegetable oil
2 Eggs
1 tea spoon Vanilla extract
75g unrefined golden caster sugar
150g self raising white flour
50g butter
100g icing sugar
Sprinkle decorations

Pre heat oven to 170 degrees ..... ( fan 150 )
whisk together the oil, eggs and Vanilla extract
add the sugar and flour and mix until well blended
spoon the mixture into paper cases and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden on top
allow to cool on a rack
slightly warm the butter and incorporate the icing sugar a little at a time until its all incorporated
spread the icing onto the cakes and add the sprinkles

Yummy ........ they should go for about £0.20p each.

gogs_t
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Should there not be an option of "give the new Chief Exec a bit of time?"

The past has been dire but lets back the team and management

The Harp Awakes
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM

150ml Vegetable oil
2 Eggs
50g butter
100g icing sugar
Sprinkle decorations

spoon the mixture into paper cases and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden on top
allow to cool on a rack
slightly warm the butter and incorporate the icing sugar a little at a time until its all incorporated

Yep, 58% so far saying do nothing:confused: Oh dear. Our football Club is well and truly stuffed. Our supporters are so battle weary we have become accepting of failure. Sad times indeed.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 11:09 PM
No point in doing a mass walkout at 15:10 as the board have their money. Then again a late entry will give them the money. A protest behind the stands has been tried and it got us nowhere. Chants snd banners won't work as the banners will get removed or refused entry on petries instructions.

Maybe get In touch with SSN to get coverage. Try a blockade of the gates to stop the board members getting in or out of the ground. :greengrin

:greengrin :protest::angeldevi

Don't forget social media is a major weapon at your fingertips theses days. Maximum publicity is paramount with these things.

There is plenty time to organise something.

frazeHFC
02-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Not voting cos I won't be wasting more cash to be there, but if results don't go our way in the next few games then things will turn very sour.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Yep, 58% so far saying do nothing:confused: Oh dear. Our football Club is well and truly stuffed. Our supporters are so battle weary we have become so accepting of failure. Sad times indeed.

I suspect the resident yamometer is doing overtime on this thread. 58% want to do nothing!! Aye ma hoop. Thread reeks of yam.

Pete
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
I suspect the resident yamometer is doing overtime on this thread. 58% want to do nothing!! Aye ma hoop. Thread reeks of yam.

How does wanting to do nothing BEFORE the game make you a yam? Maybe it's hibbys who don't want to disrupt the team.

It reeks though.

Beefster
03-09-2014, 05:19 AM

150ml Vegetable oil
2 Eggs
50g butter
100g icing sugar
Sprinkle decorations

allow to cool on a rack

If you use silicone cases, you can be environmentally friendly whilst saving Hibs.

southern hibby
03-09-2014, 05:23 AM
I mind the protest where Fenlon decided to leave the day after, then we ended up being relegated. I'd rather that the protesters without a clue were not to bother, thanks.

Sorry NH but I disagree, surely if your not happy with something you should have the right to voice an opinion to get it changed.

Fenlon was out of his depth as was the clown before him and after him. We didn't envisage being relegated however there is only so much mediocre football you can watch.

GGTTH

Beefster
03-09-2014, 05:39 AM

I'm not really for protests but, using your logic, a manager would rarely be sacked because it might just get worse.

As it stood at the time, a lot of ST holders were bored with watching Fenlon's football and seeing us get humiliated every so often. Apathy was setting in, ST holders were starting to stay away and doing nothing wasn't really an option (for the club). What has happened since still isn't a reason to just put up with mediocrity.

ALF TUPPER
03-09-2014, 05:51 AM

This !! Well said Waxy

Northernhibee
03-09-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm not really for protests but, using your logic, a manager would rarely be sacked because it might just get worse.

As it stood at the time, a lot of ST holders were bored with watching Fenlon's football and seeing us get humiliated every so often. Apathy was setting in, ST holders were starting to stay away and doing nothing wasn't really an option (for the club). What has happened since still isn't a reason to just put up with mediocrity.
The football that followed the protest was much better right enough. Well done protesters.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 06:37 AM
The football that followed the protest was much better right enough. Well done protesters.

Fenlon had already made the decision to leave before the Hearts game and protests that followed.

A strong leader wouldn't be swayed by less than 300 people shouting for half an hour on a Wednesday night either.

we are hibs
03-09-2014, 06:39 AM
I take it you are happy about how the club has been ran or is being run at the minute?

greenpaper55
03-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Why not go along to tonights meeting with LD and put your message across, i was there last night and for what it's worth the board members that were there seemed as passionate about Hibs as i was so to say you want to fight back against the whole board is a bit wide of the mark. I feel the pain as much as you regarding results but things are changing but these changes will take a while to implement and if your looking for Farmer to put up a wedge for new players then you will wait a long time.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-09-2014, 07:25 AM
All football fans have different opinions so there will be some Hibs fans that think we have been ****ed over this transfer window.
Others will think we've just been unlucky wheras some might still believe we will challenge for the league.

Regardless, we all want what is best for Hibs and surely most can agree we won't get a successful Hibs team with Petrie+Farmer involved.

First time doing poll so go easy on me but hopefully it helps provide some sort of plan for next home game on 13th September v Cowdenbeath.

Edit: If people feel more comfortable waiting till the home game after Pat Stanton 70th Birthday then that's totally understandable

"Some sort of plan" to
"fight back against the board"

therein in lies the problem.

replace the board with what?

timewilltell
03-09-2014, 07:41 AM
"Some sort of plan" to
"fight back against the board"

therein in lies the problem.

replace the board with what?

Agreed.

We don't need fights with the board, we need support of the team and it's management.

AS is trying his best, let's get behind him and avoid any other distractions.

hibs4thecup1988
03-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Yep, 58% so far saying do nothing:confused: Oh dear. Our football Club is well and truly stuffed. Our supporters are so battle weary we have become accepting of failure. Sad times indeed.

I agree with this.

I get the horrible feeling this is going the way of Leeds United.

Big team, big stadium, big fan base, but plummet down due to selling big players and no ambition by the board to spend big.

I don't agree with doing something during the game as such, but fans wearing Petrie out t-shirts or jumpers etc could work. I haven't been there so far this season due to work, but I will be there Vs Cowdenbeath. Does anyone know if Petrie has been sitting in his usual seat?

Bill Milne
03-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Sorry but, for me, the only priority this season is promotion. The rest of this is an unwanted distraction from the task in hand.

Steve20
03-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Sorry but, for me, the only priority this season is promotion. The rest of this is an unwanted distraction from the task in hand.

I wish the people running our club thought the only priority this season was promotion.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 07:57 AM

I'm genuinely confused.

Is this a criticism of the fans or the board?

Bill Milne
03-09-2014, 08:12 AM
I'm genuinely confused.

Is this a criticism of the fans or the board?

It's pretty simple, why can't you understand?

Hibbyradge
03-09-2014, 08:18 AM
I Hate the board as much as the next person but right now the last thing the playing squad need is distraction and especially on PS Birthday

I'm the next person and I don't hate the board at all.

What's the point in beating yourself inside up like that?

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 08:28 AM
It's pretty simple, why can't you understand?

Well is it a criticism of the fans for looking to protest? Understandable.

Or a criticism of the board for, in some peoples eyes, placing other changes at a higher priority than building a competitive 1st team squad? Again understandable.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2014, 08:37 AM
If Petrie left and had nothing to do with the football club, then that one act would go a huge way to repairing the damage he's caused to the place.

There is a divide at the club that will never be repaired while he's anywhere near the place. Taking a back seat for a little while hoping it will all blow over wont work this time Rodney..

Gustavo Fring
03-09-2014, 08:44 AM
If Petrie left and had nothing to do with the football club, then that one act would go a huge way to repairing the damage he's caused to the place.

There is a divide at the club that will never be repaired while he's anywhere near the place. Taking a back seat for a little while hoping it will all blow over wont work this time Rodney..

its worked a treat for him so far , every time
were lucky to have such a great leader , i wish we had 10 rod petrie's .. if everyone was rod petrie the world would be a much better place

khib70
03-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Give it a rest pal. Where do you get off calling anyone who disagrees with your obviously detailed and well-thought out strategy a yam? That's the worst kind of ignorant, childish response possible.

If you want to flash your uberfan credentials go ahead. Just don't have the arrogance to accuse people you don't know, and who probably have years of wearing the colours and financially supporting the club behind them of being yams. Especially when the poll shows they represent a majority of posters on this site.

Brightside
03-09-2014, 08:59 AM
BH if we assume for a sec that LD is being allowed to run things in her way without direction from RP. What would the physical removal of RP right now actually change. It pays lipservice to the fans that are unhappy with his past leadership but will it make any difference to the current issues?

Gustavo Fring
03-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Give it a rest pal. Where do you get off calling anyone who disagrees with your obviously detailed and well-thought out strategy a yam? That's the worst kind of ignorant, childish response possible.

If you want to flash your uberfan credentials go ahead. Just don't have the arrogance to accuse people you don't know, and who probably have years of wearing the colours and financially supporting the club behind them of being yams. Especially when the poll shows they represent a majority of posters on this site.

how low do we have to plummet before people say enough is enough

i though relegation would be where the bottom would fall out - clearly not. being in the bottom 2 of the 1st division beaten by part timers, still not enough , will it take another relegation before some non-uber fans wake up and smell the coffee

Keith_M
03-09-2014, 09:11 AM
I have to be honest, I'm not sure what it is you hope to achieve.

What's the point of having a 'Farmer Out' campaign? Surely the only thing that can do that is if an acceptable bid is made for the club.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2014, 09:15 AM
BH if we assume for a sec that LD is being allowed to run things in her way without direction from RP. What would the physical removal of RP right now actually change. It pays lipservice to the fans that are unhappy with his past leadership but will it make any difference to the current issues?

It would bring 99% of the support back onside in my opinion. Him just being there is causing a divide, in fact so much so i know a couple of mates who said they wouldn't go to the bar behind the goals, just because they couldn't trust themselves from smacking him on the nose.

That would never be right, but thats the kind of divide i'm talking about.

Without a support who are together, any recovery will struggle to gain any momentum. Petrie leaving the building gives it a boost and a much better chance of working.

greenpaper55
03-09-2014, 09:17 AM
There is no easy or quick way out of this unless someone wants to throw a quick couple of million of their own money at it-any takers, last night i was convinced that the board are on the right track but when it's explained that contracts have to be worked through payoffs etc it's just not easy to sort the playing side out without an input of funds. It seems we will have a smaller squad and a better squad but again this will take time and at least LD has the foresight to see these problems and deal with them as best as she can, having said all that Petrie should not be anywhere near our club.

Brightside
03-09-2014, 09:23 AM
It would bring 99% of the support back onside in my opinion. Him just being there is causing a divide, in fact so much so i know a couple of mates who said they wouldn't go to the bar behind the goals, just because they couldn't trust themselves from smacking him on the nose.

That would never be right, but thats the kind of divide i'm talking about.

Without a support who are together, any recovery will struggle to gain any momentum. Petrie leaving the building gives it a boost and a much better chance of working.
So it removes an emotional blocker to change. I'm not going to disagree with that. But it's been stated that TF wants him there until he sells up. So I honestly think we are wasting energy and only causing more problems for LD to deal with. Oh and FB posts from the guys that stormed the meeting last night are not helpful and only serve to provide easy ammo for the puddle drinkers in Gorgie. I honestly think we need to have patience. Change in ownership will happen, and change in running the football side has happened. BUT will take time to show results.

Hibbyradge
03-09-2014, 09:26 AM

Relax, guys.

These polls reflect nothing, stand for nothing and influence nothing.

Currently, 60% have voted to do nothing. That equates to a total of 39 people. Not worth raising your blood pressure over.

Paloschi
03-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Looking at the results on this poll would suggest the majority of fans would rather sit and wait till it all blows over.

As a fan group do we not care enough to turn our frustration and dismay into action? Are we that placid? I'm not blaming the fans I'm just asking the question.

The club is dying a very slow death. Action from the fans is needed to show the owners and certain players that we will not tolerate this failure any longer. Make them listen.

Yet it seems we would rather be at odds with ourselves fighting over what type of Hibs fan we are and arguing over taking any action at all. We need to unite as 1 group of supporters, disagreements aside.

If it is not time for action now then it simply never will be. We are at a critical state.

Thecat23
03-09-2014, 09:39 AM
I'll back the manager and players 100%.

The board.... I can't stand and find them liars. No idea how much I can't wait until they mob are bought out.

Paloschi
03-09-2014, 09:42 AM
I'll back the manager and players 100%.

The board.... I can't stand and find them liars. No idea how much I can't wait until they mob are bought out.

Some of the players do not deserve to be here and are a major reason why we got relegated.

Some as culpable as Butcher IMHO.

I wouldn't mind a s**t board if we had a decent team on the pitch to be totally honest. Lets face it under Mowbray I couldn't give a flying one about Petrie and Farmer.

Edit: Contradicted myself a bit as I realise it is down to Petrie and Farmer as to why the team are in this mess. I don't think the players should get away with it though. The likes of Craig, Robertson, Jones, Heffernan, Nelson, McGivern etc were all decent at other clubs and came here and all played poorly. They are professionals!

Thecat23
03-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Some of the players do not deserve to be here and are a major reason why we got relegated.

Some as culpable as Butcher IMHO.

I wouldn't mind a s**t board if we had a decent team on the pitch to be totally honest. Lets face it under Mowbray I couldn't give a flying one about Petrie and Farmer.

True, some of this lot are cowards and If it was possible I'd have binned the lot. Sadly it's not so what can you do?

Only getting behind them can give them a lift and hopefully see us make top 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paloschi
03-09-2014, 09:49 AM
True, some of this lot are cowards and If it was possible I'd have binned the lot. Sadly it's not so what can you do?

Only getting behind them can give them a lift and hopefully see us make top 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I think even with our backing, which has been great IMO I can't see us finishing higher than 6th or 7th.

It's the same team essentially that lost game after game last year. I think this is due to repeat itself, especially without Farid.

Hope the new boys can carry us.

Mikey
03-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Out of the 45 who have voted "Do Nothing" (as of right now) I can vouch for 33 of them. Those are people I've either met or have had correspondence with that involved them paying money to hibs.net. Of the remaining 12 I would be pretty confident that 10 of them are 100% legit. The 2 other names I don't recognise, but that doesn't mean they're Hearts fans.

How does that fit with your theory?

basehibby
03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Thing is who/what are we supposed to be protesting about?

IMO that would be Farmer - he's the one holding the purse strings afterall and what we want to protest about is the seemingly abject lack of any leadership/ambition/imagination/willingness to spend cash from the top wrt leading Hibs out of the mess which we find ourselves in and for which the Farmer/Petrie axis ultimately bear responsibility.

So - how do you make Farmer sit up and listen then? He's rarely at any games BUT his current baby is Farmer AutoCare - so that's where we should make our protest IMO - doing so at ER in any of the ways suggested would be counterproductive as the things we do NOT want is to distract or undermine are the team, the management or any celebration or tribute to Paddy Stanton on the occasion of his 7 zero.

The small branch at Blackhall has an office which I understand STF visits regularly - so why not bring the protest onto HIS doorstep rather than ****ing in our own back yard so to speak?

Just Alf
03-09-2014, 11:31 AM

IMO that would be Farmer - he's the one holding the purse strings afterall and what we want to protest about is the seemingly abject lack of any leadership/ambition/imagination/willingness to spend cash from the top wrt leading Hibs out of the mess which we find ourselves in and for which the Farmer/Petrie axis ultimately bear responsibility.

So - how do you make Farmer sit up and listen then? He's rarely at any games BUT his current baby is Farmer AutoCare - so that's where we should make our protest IMO - doing so at ER in any of the ways suggested would be counterproductive as the things we do NOT want is to distract or undermine are the team, the management or any celebration or tribute to Paddy Stanton on the occasion of his 7 zero.

The small branch at Blackhall has an office which I understand STF visits regularly - so why not bring the protest onto HIS doorstep rather than ****ing in our own back yard so to speak?

bit in bold... that's why I'm a "do nowt" kinda guy, the other options all involved match day stuff....... ........... FOR NOW.

Beefster
03-09-2014, 11:38 AM

Right. None of which is related to my point but good talk anyway.

--------
03-09-2014, 11:41 AM

New board? Maybe the personnel have changed, but the individuals holding the purse-strings (and therefore the power) are still the same old, same old.

The Gruesome Twosome who've brought us to our present critical state and who don't seem to know when its time to leave.

Bad Martini
03-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Radgeness on stilts :greengrin

:cb

Phil D. Rolls
03-09-2014, 11:45 AM

Why not write to him, he's more likely to answer you, and less likely to call the police. You'll also be letting his employees get on with earning a living.

Actually, on second thoughts - go for it - there's not enough comedy videos on YouTube.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 11:49 AM
As of now it has to be do nothing.

It's a long shot but we might get ourselves back into contention this season. Secondly there really isn't anything we can do. Protests, chants, banners won't have any effect on Rod or LD and the rest of the board leaving would make zero difference.

It's a case of sit tight and hope for the best or be ready to 'mobilise' if it turns into a real financial crisis.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Also I'd add that without a clear majority and mandate any attempt to organise a protest is doomed to failure.

There isn't the will for it at the moment it would appear.

03-09-2014, 12:01 PM
I support HIBS, always have and always will regardless of whos in charge. I hate what this board has done to the club but i will never stop supporting the team.

Northernhibee
03-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Right. None of which is related to my point but good talk anyway.

My point is that it's all fine and well shouting for change but if you can't say exactly what you want changed then it's a waste of time at best and harmful at its more likely worst. The results of change take time to manifest itself. We need patience to let Dempster to work away and for Stubbs to develop the team, not a bunch of whiners wanting to act the big man by waving placards about and shouting a bit.

Phil D. Rolls
03-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Also I'd add that without a clear majority and mandate any attempt to organise a protest is doomed to failure.

There isn't the will for it at the moment it would appear.

Lessons have not been learned, and we will be hostage to well meaning people giving the papers something to write about.

silverhibee
03-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Have you considered that part of the reason for a drop in ST sales is down to folk (rightly or wrongly) staying away is because Petrie is still at the club and they won't come back until he has nothing to do with our club any more, the man is causing a divide between fans and the club, he is a bad smell we can't get rid of and until he departs the club protests against him will continue, things are starting to get a bit ugly already and the season has just started, it's not fair on Ms Dempster that's for sure, pretty sure she would wish that Petrie just pissed off as well so she could get on with running the club without the distractions of the elephant in the room.

Cameron1875
03-09-2014, 02:37 PM
The poll that I (the OP) set up was mostly to try and get a general consensus of the fans mood rather than me standing outside ER with a pitchfork!

A lot of people seem to be thinking a couple of wins and it will all settle down but the problem isn't directly about the team on the park.

The people off it have scrimped and saved for years hoping we'll 'just get by' and look where it's got us. I don't need to repeat the tough defeats and circumstances that have occured the last few years.
If people believe the board generally have aspirations to win the League then I'd love to hear your reasons for thinking that.

I actually feel sorry for players like Stevenson+Hanlon who try their hearts out but are surrounded by dross.
It also leaves the manager up s*** creek without a paddle.

For people who selected "do nothing", is this more because you want to see how the next few results go? Or the fact you believe the board have done enough this season?

jdships
03-09-2014, 09:13 PM
My point is that it's all fine and well shouting for change but if you can't say exactly what you want changed then it's a waste of time at best and harmful at its more likely worst. The results of change take time to manifest itself. We need patience to let Dempster to work away and for Stubbs to develop the team, not a bunch of whiners wanting to act the big man by waving placards about and shouting a bit.

Now there's a SENSIBLE post :thumbsup::agree:

ancient hibee
03-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Now there's a SENSIBLE post :thumbsup::agree:

Far too sensible -I want change yesterday:greengrin

basehibby
03-09-2014, 09:49 PM

I take your point - BUT I'm absolutely pig sick of being patient only for the situation to get steadily worse over the years. The reason we all put up with the all the cash being spent on the stadium and the training center while star players were replaced with loanees and journeymen again and again was (or so we were led to believe) that if we took the pain now then things would all be rosy further down the road. So here we are now further down the road and all we get is....oodles more pain!!!

I know that Stubbs and Dempster are not to blame for the above but patience??? Give me strength! We are in the second tier of Scottish football and so far have STRUGGLED - including in 2 games against part time opposition FFS! - and the reaction to this from the club as the transfer window drew to a close looked an awful lot like willful complacency to me - main striker out for up to a year but lets not bother our erses getting in a direct replacement eh?!? So - please don't talk to me about patience - if I bumped into anyone that works at Hibs - player or admin - in the street at the mo they'd be mor elikely to end up a patient - in the hospital of course.

theonlywayisup
03-09-2014, 10:05 PM

As someone has already said before, we have already 'stood up be counted'. IIRC 25,000 at two cup finals, 18,000 at the Hamilton game, 16,000 at the Malmo game. Over 9,000 STs for the last two seasons. It is not working. Now we are getting beat by Alloa. Alloa!!!

:rolleyes:

It isn't working!

I have supported the manager and players by investing around £1,000 in each of the last ten seasons. I love Hibs, but I also love golf. I have other interests. So why should I continue to invest my hard-earned money into something that is fundamentally broken. Why?

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 10:06 PM
As someone has already said before, we have already 'stood up be counted'. IIRC 25,000 at two cup finals, 18,000 at the Hamilton game, 16,000 at the Malmo game. Over 9,000 STs for the last two seasons. It is not working. Now we are getting beat by Alloa. Alloa!!!

:rolleyes:

It isn't working!

I have supported the manager and players by investing around £1,000 in each of the last ten seasons. I love Hibs, but I also love golf. I have other interests. So why should I continue to invest my hard-earned money into something that is fundamentally broken. Why?

I feel your pain, I really do but even Kano's group are sticking behind the manager and the players (mind you, they maybe don't golf :greengrin)

Northernhibee
03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
I take your point - BUT I'm absolutely pig sick of being patient only for the situation to get steadily worse over the years. The reason we all put up with the all the cash being spent on the stadium and the training center while star players were replaced with loanees and journeymen again and again was (or so we were led to believe) that if we took the pain now then things would all be rosy further down the road. So here we are now further down the road and all we get is....oodles more pain!!!

I know that Stubbs and Dempster are not to blame for the above but patience??? Give me strength! We are in the second tier of Scottish football and so far have STRUGGLED - including in 2 games against part time opposition FFS! - and the reaction to this from the club as the transfer window drew to a close looked an awful lot like willful complacency to me - main striker out for up to a year but lets not bother our erses getting in a direct replacement eh?!? So - please don't talk to me about patience - if I bumped into anyone that works at Hibs - player or admin - in the street at the mo they'd be mor elikely to end up a patient - in the hospital of course.

We've made changes over the summer and are still implementing more - it will take time. Protests, booing, heckling and all that stuff a minority do could derail the changes that we are making. It's difficult but we must, must, must remain patient.

If you don't have patience in abundance then being a Hibby will always be hard work.

boab1875
03-09-2014, 11:20 PM
What I can't understand is the amount of people that still maintain we should word for word "do nothing". look where that has gotten us FFS. Wake up and realise that action should have been taken long ago but the majority simply refused. There is still time to take action and if we don't we will slide and slide and slide into the abyss. I decided not to renew my season ticket this season for the first time since I was a boy as a protest to the disgusting treatment of my club by STF and Petrie, I urged others to follow and some did, but most did not.

People think that we just have to accept it and support the team, that's the best way. You need to think about the long term here, not just a few games. We abosulutely need to boycott games. ST holders need to stay away, walk ups as well. This is the only thing that will have any real impact even if done for a couple of games. If organised and we do it en masse it could work and we could force these idiots out of the club. I made the mistake of going over to prickback earlier today and they are f***ing laughing at us over there because we just sit back and take it time and time again and I am so sick of it. Say what you want about the cheats but their fans wouldn't accept the situation we find ourselves in but for some reason so many of us do.

I gave up on Hibs at the end of last season but unfortunately I can't seem to walk away completely. However, I am so close to giving up on the fans now which is the most dissapointing thing. Most of us are as spineless as the players and board when it comes to taking big difficult decisions. Respect to those who are with me and the lads who distrupted the meeting the other night. We need more of this or our message and demands will fall on deaf ears.

Beefster
04-09-2014, 05:03 AM

I agree with you entirely on that.