PDA

View Full Version : Tudor Jones gone - SSN

heidtheba
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Apologies, out and about and couldn't go through threads but SSN reporting he's been released.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes saw it earlier on Hibs facebook page, no great loss.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2014, 07:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29038495

Hibernian have confirmed they have released Welsh international midfielder Owain Tudur Jones

the official site will probably let us know by the weekend

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Gone to Falkirk apparently

Wee Scottie Dug
02-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Hibernian have confirmed they have released Welsh international midfielder Owain Tudur Jones

The official site let us know approximately 19 hours ago - but don't let that ruin your little joke :greengrin :aok:

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 08:08 PM

It was on the official site in the round up of summer transfer window ...

Bishop Hibee
02-09-2014, 08:13 PM
That useless ******* was symptomatic of everything that's gone wrong on the field. A disgrace to the green and white. Another useless Fenlon signing along right up their with Soares etc. Wage thief.

J-C
02-09-2014, 08:15 PM

So is Falkirk Hibs new feeder club then :greengrin

jacomo
02-09-2014, 08:17 PM
That useless ******* was symptomatic of everything that's gone wrong on the field. A disgrace to the green and white. Another useless Fenlon signing along right up their with Soares etc. Wage thief.

Not sure he played enough games to justify that description?

Didn't play much under Pat and Butcher didn't fancy him, somewhat weirdly given he played a pretty big role at ICT.

Defensive mid or maybe cover at Centre Half. Have we got a replacement lined up?

J-C
02-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Not sure he played enough games to justify that description?

Didn't play much under Pat and Butcher didn't fancy him, somewhat weirdly given he played a pretty big role at ICT.

Defensive mid or maybe cover at Centre Half. Have we got a replacement lined up?

We had the guy Pattison in last week, a free agent, decent CV too

oneone73
02-09-2014, 08:31 PM
So is Falkirk Hibs new feeder club then :greengrin

Other way round

J-C
02-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Other way round

See what you mean, they play for us then go to them, I mean they get our dregs when we've done with them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Player brought in and then played out of position? Not really front page news for us?

Bishop Hibee
02-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Player brought in and then played out of position? Not really front page news for us?

He might have done well as a goalpost. Awful player.

Sir David Gray
02-09-2014, 08:53 PM

And will no doubt end up as their player of the season.

That would sum up our fortunes at the moment!

Number69
02-09-2014, 09:40 PM
How he could ever be picked for Wales is beyond me.

Iain G
02-09-2014, 09:42 PM
How he could ever be picked for Wales is beyond me.

Did anyone ever check that it was the Wales International Football team he was picked for? Could have been their tiddlywinks team for all we know :greengrin

scuttle
02-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Pity, still think he could have done job for us...we need new corner flags

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-09-2014, 10:08 PM
An utter enigma of a footballer. Just can't work him out at all. We've had worse players over the years, however I can't remember being so confused by one of our players before. What even is he?! I've never seen a footballer that looks more like a centre half than OTJ. Just looked odd hanging around in the centre of midfield. I don't remember him winning a single header despite his height.
However, he was good at ICT and was called up for Wales a couple of times whilst not being able to get a game for a poor Hibs side? Bizarre

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Hibs must have a record number of cast offs deemed not good enough for us that go to clubs higher up in the leagues.

3pm
02-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again. No way was he as bad as has been made out.

Still best for everyone if he leaves though.

The Harp Awakes
02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
An utter enigma of a footballer. Just can't work him out at all. We've had worse players over the years, however I can't remember being so confused by one of our players before. What even is he?! I've never seen a footballer that looks more like a centre half than OTJ. Just looked odd hanging around in the centre of midfield. I don't remember him winning a single header despite his height.
However, he was good at ICT and was called up for Wales a couple of times whilst not being able to get a game for a poor Hibs side? Bizarre

He never looked motivated to play for Hibs. I've no idea how good or bad a player he is as he never seemed interested enough to get involved in a game. Maybe that makes him useless:confused:

Somehow I think he will try harder at Falkirk (if that's where he's heading) and will be a permanent fixture in their team. Maybe he just caught the Hibernian disease like so many other players who have signed for us in recent years?

mca
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Hibernian Football Club Have finally announced Today that "unofficial" Chairman and also Chief Chairman (Sir) to Be - Mr Rodney Petrie Will Leave Hibernian Football Club by Mutual Consent..

Mr Petrie is to be Commended in his success at Hibernian Football club.. He has built a Solid Fundation and the club can now be accredited with such facilities as an impressive 20k+ all seated Stadium and recently a large brand new state of the art Bannatynes style Gym with a Greggs Bakery alongside a host of other facilities..

(Sir) Mr Rod will Effectively take up his new role at the Scottish SFA Shortly before the Bungs are not Publicly Announced..

Mr Petrie would also like to Thank all the Hibernian Family and Supporters for being a bit silly and having honest blind Faith and accredits the Die-Hard Supporters that have helped enabling him to Retire before he spends his final years at the SFA in helping Sevco whilst waiting for seb blater to die.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Just IMO :wink: FFS SIGN SOME PLAYERS !!!!!

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2014, 11:40 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I'm devastated as this news.

I'm just wondering how much we, as a fanbase, are expected to take?

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 11:52 PM
He was here then? Which one was he and what did he do?

Jones28
03-09-2014, 12:36 AM
My single memory of OTJ is...

Jones28
03-09-2014, 12:38 AM
He was here then? Which one was he and what did he do?
Repainted all the steel-work around the stadium, RP saved the price of a step ladder

ekhibee
03-09-2014, 12:38 AM
He might have done well as a goalpost. Awful player.
This. I never saw him contribute anything of note. Quite what he did to get capped for Wales is beyond me, unless they got a recording of the screamer he scored against the Yams 2 years ago.

HH81
03-09-2014, 05:42 AM
See what you mean, they play for us then go to them, I mean they get our dregs when we've done with them.

...and still beat us.

Onion
03-09-2014, 06:00 AM
Hibs must have a record number of cast offs deemed not good enough for us that go to clubs higher up in the leagues.

IMO it's all about personal motivation and drive. Far too many players, when they come to Hibs, think they've made it. Decent pay, great training ground, club history and a fantastic all-seater stadium. Then they realise that expectation goes with that, and they have to actually perform to continue to earn that. Far too many of them can't hack it and collapse into a sorry mess.

The ones who don't (e.g. Griffiths) are either strong characters or know they're designed for great things and of playing at a higher level. Who was the last (signed) Hibs player who went on to play at a higher level ?

GreenCastle
03-09-2014, 06:29 AM

7 caps for Wales!

Played 14 games for Hibs - can't remember one good game he had. He never scored either (to be fair - supposedly a defensive midfielder).

He did well at ICT and played for Swansea several years ago but never looked comfortable / interested at Hibs.

Will be interesting to see how he does at the next club.

All very strange..

Don Giovanni
05-09-2014, 10:14 AM
OTJ signs for Falkirk.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29074790

JimBHibees
05-09-2014, 10:29 AM

bailing out of a 50/50 challenge at the edge of the box which directly led to Hamilton's 2nd goal in May. :rolleyes:

percy veer
05-09-2014, 10:30 AM
7 caps for Wales!

Played 14 games for Hibs - can't remember one good game he had. He never scored either (to be fair - supposedly a defensive midfielder).

He did well at ICT and played for Swansea several years ago but never looked comfortable / interested at Hibs.

Will be interesting to see how he does at the next club.

All very strange..

That in part is the problem, whoever said he was a defensive midfielder, my work collegue who is a ICT season ticket holder said draper was the tackler who done all the graft whilst jones was the creative player.

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM

Never wise to give discarded players a chance to come back and hurt you. It's the Hibs way though.

emerald green
05-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Peter Houston was in the papers bigging up OTJ the other day. He done nowt while at Hibs. :bye:

I see Lweis Toshney is training with Hibs. Can only be an improvement surely?

bigwheel
05-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Never wise to give discarded players a chance to come back and hurt you. It's the Hibs way though.

It stills feels strange OTJs performed at us - I recall him being MOM for ICT against us the year before - controlled the midfield ...

My only observation would be that I can't recall him playing more than 3-4 games on the bounce - maybe he would have benefited from more game time

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Peter Houston was in the papers bigging up OTJ the other day. He done nowt while at Hibs. :bye:

I see Lweis Toshney is training with Hibs. Can only be an improvement surely?

Total mind games by a yam fud like Houston, he's crap and they will soon find out how bad he really is IMO

emerald green
05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Total mind games by a yam fud like Houston, he's crap and they will soon find out how bad he really is IMO

:agree: especially the bit in bold.

Bad Martini
05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
1 down, a good few to go :thumbsup:

#justsaynotowagethieves

Crazyhorse
05-09-2014, 12:21 PM
IMO it's all about personal motivation and drive. Far too many players, when they come to Hibs, think they've made it. Decent pay, great training ground, club history and a fantastic all-seater stadium. Then they realise that expectation goes with that, and they have to actually perform to continue to earn that. Far too many of them can't hack it and collapse into a sorry mess.

The ones who don't (e.g. Griffiths) are either strong characters or know they're designed for great things and of playing at a higher level. Who was the last (signed) Hibs player who went on to play at a higher level ?

Hasn't happened under Petrie. Maybe Goram a generation ago?

Ronniekirk
05-09-2014, 01:08 PM
It stills feels strange OTJs performed at us - I recall him being MOM for ICT against us the year before - controlled the midfield ...

My only observation would be that I can't recall him playing more than 3-4 games on the bounce - maybe he would have benefited from more game time
But he didn't play at a consistently good level when in team to merit staying on and the fact he was a key player for But her at I C T yet he couldn't find a place for him in a team that was in total free fall says it all Have no doubt he will go on and do decent job for them if played in right position and system but think it was best he went as latterly he didn't look that interested in getting involved .

bigwheel
05-09-2014, 01:35 PM
But he didn't play at a consistently good level when in team to merit staying on and the fact he was a key player for But her at I C T yet he couldn't find a place for him in a team that was in total free fall says it all Have no doubt he will go on and do decent job for them if played in right position and system but think it was best he went as latterly he didn't look that interested in getting involved .

Can't disagree with any of that - still a bit confused by his lack of performance though ...

BSEJVT
05-09-2014, 04:11 PM

Brilliant post

My feelings exactly

Seven up
05-09-2014, 04:23 PM
No surprise...... Any time he played everyone was screaming at him to " get tae Falkirk ".....

Crops73
05-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Yes saw it earlier on Hibs facebook page, no great loss.

Agreed.

Better with Tudor crisps. :wink:

E10 Rifle
05-09-2014, 04:39 PM

I guess you could argue, although not strongly, any of the boys now playing in the Premier League e.g. Wotherspoon, McPake etc. :hide:

FitbaFolkKen
05-09-2014, 04:48 PM

Anthony Stokes, Sol Bamba are two I can think of.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Surely he didn't get any sort of pay off from us? Would be upset if he did considering Falkirk seemed a likely destination even before we released him

Peevemor
05-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Anthony Stokes, Sol Bamba are two I can think of.

De La Cruz
Orman

Iggy Pope
05-09-2014, 08:53 PM
De La Cruz
Orman

Rob Jones, David Murphy, Stephen Dobbie

Brooster
05-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Glad to see the back of this non trier. 6 feet 7 with a heart the size of a pea.

Hermit Crab
05-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Glad to see the back of this non trier. 6 feet 7 with a heart the size of a pea.

You'll see him again when he plays for Falkirk.

keep the faith
05-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Happy he is gone but would Have him ahead of Craig or Robertson. Breaks up the play and can pass which is more than that pair.

Mr White
05-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Happy he is gone but would Have him ahead of Craig or Robertson. Breaks up the play and can pass which is more than that pair.

I didn't see him break sweat let alone break up any play for us. Don't remember much passing either just a passenger drifting in the middle of the park contributing nothing.

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2014, 06:37 AM

I recall liam craig and rowan vine being MOM for ST J against us...over recent years sadly it doesn't take much mate...lets hope Stubbs improves this

lucky
06-09-2014, 07:12 AM

Losing a tackle at the edge of our box in the last minute against Hamilton which lead to their second goal.

J-C
06-09-2014, 07:50 AM
My memory of OTJ was watching a 6ft + guy jump for a ball and see his feet about 4 inches off the deck, another imposter who was here purely for the money and showed in his performances.

Ricky Bobby
06-09-2014, 08:02 AM
With the severe problems we had last year and still have in the centre back position. I would have given him a chance to see if he could have done a job for us. In terms of a place in the middle of the park, I would agree with the majority on here that he was a waste of a jersey.

Borderhibbie76
06-09-2014, 09:16 AM
My memory of him is coming on at Tannadice in Jan when we were 2 nil up and playing Utd off the park. He comes on to shore things up...we lose 2 goals in last 10 mins and think we went on to win 1 league match after that till play off...he is utter sheeeite and Falkirk are welcome imo...

Stuarty27
06-09-2014, 10:03 AM
He was utter mince!!

All that's left to get shot of is the main culprit Liam Craig

Ricky Bobby
06-09-2014, 11:06 AM
He was utter mince!!

All that's left to get shot of is the main culprit Liam Craig

Right with you on that.

PeterboroHibee
06-09-2014, 11:16 AM

When did he ever do that? Even if he isnt a 'defensive' midfielder, someone of his size should be able to impose himself on the game. Ive never seen anyone duck out of so many challenges.