PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton's birthday, 7000 free tickets for Cowdenbeath game on 13/9/2014

Gatecrasher
02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4780
this is a happy thread there are plenty of others to moan on...

Hibbyradge
02-09-2014, 06:38 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4780
this is a happy thread there are plenty of others to moan on...

Nice idea.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2014, 06:39 PM
There's no way I will be claiming a free ticket and giving it to someone unless it goes to someone who genuinely can't afford to attend ER.

Oscar T Grouch
02-09-2014, 06:50 PM
A genuinely positive move by the club and it's takes til the 2nd post to turn negative. Good job!

emerald green
02-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Great idea. It would be good to have the ground as full as possible to mark the birthday of one of the club's greatest ever players.

(Some will say the greatest). :not worth

Hibbyradge
02-09-2014, 06:53 PM
There's no way I will be claiming a free ticket and giving it to someone unless it goes to someone who genuinely can't afford to attend ER.

I had a free bar at my wedding even though all the guests could afford to buy their own bevvy.

When I've had house parties, I've always provided some free booze and grub.

It's called celebrating.

stantonhibby

Can we not just keep this one thread positive ?

3pm

Wind yer neck in.

Scouse Hibee
A genuinely positive move by the club and it's takes til the 2nd post to turn negative. Good job!

Sorry didn't mean to turn positive news into negative news but just don't get the point of season ticket holders who have paid well over the odds getting tickets to give away to folk who have paid **** all in supporting the club in the first place. Each to their own but that's my stance on it.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2014, 06:54 PM
I had a free bar at my wedding even though all the guests could afford to buy their own bevvy.

When I've had house parties, I've always provided some free booze and grub.

It's called celebrating.

Forgive me if I don't feel in a celebratory mood right now.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2014, 06:55 PM

It's Pat Stanton's birthday.

I do hope you give him a celebratory cheer despite your moodiness.

flash
02-09-2014, 06:56 PM

I forgive you.

Oscar T Grouch
02-09-2014, 06:56 PM
It's Pats 70th. If we cannae celebrate that mans birthday then we should just close the club down. This isn't about money, it's about celebrating the captain of the team that humped them 0-7. I personally think it's a great move by the club. Opinions eh?

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2014, 06:57 PM
It's Pat Stanton's birthday.

I do hope you give him a celebratory cheer despite your moodiness.

The way I fell right now I won't be there, but if I am I might muster a murmour for him.

marinello59
02-09-2014, 06:57 PM

It's Pat Stantons 70th. Well worth celebrating.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2014, 07:01 PM
The way I fell right now I won't be there, but if I am I might muster a murmour for him.

Skin your knees?

stantonhibby
02-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Skin your knees?

Cant do a laughing smiley on phone but that cheered me up.

matty_f
02-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Good idea.

loanheadhibby
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Thats a good way of enticing future supporters along. Why not claim the ticket and give it to a local school or charity?

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Thats a good way of enticing future supporters along. Why not claim the ticket and give it to a local school or charity?

I will.

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Good idea and a bit of respect for a legend. Interesting he was also a speaker at the Petrie Out rally. Mending of bridges?

loanheadhibby
02-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I will.

good on you. I think anyone who can claim should and if they are not using, offer to a local charity/school. Pat went to holy cross and I am sure they could put some tickets to use.

it would be good if pats birthday was celebrated with a good crowd. Might lift some of the gloom. We might even get a win!

SanFranHibs
02-09-2014, 07:28 PM
good on you. I think anyone who can claim should and if they are not using, offer to a local charity/school. Pat went to holy cross and I am sure they could put some tickets to use.

it would be good if pats birthday was celebrated with a good crowd. Might lift some of the gloom. We might even get a win!

I was with you until the end!

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-09-2014, 07:45 PM
In all honesty we need to change the way we protest against the authorities.

The team on the park needs our continued support and positivity. It's not their fault they are picked and I reckon we could improve their performance by 15% if we got behind them at all times. I realise this is tough but I doubt any players go out and don't try.

We need to be smarter about how we protest because at the moment we are going around in circles. Venting out anger at games is only going to hurt us more. Saturdays should be reserved for getting behind the team. Let's do our protesting during the week or after a game.

PatHead
02-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Various schools in Edinburgh and Lothians have already been offered 500 tickets for the match. This includes every school in Leith. The idea was initiated before Alloa and lack of transfer activity so before someone says it the board are not trying to appease fans. Enjoy celebrating his birthday FFS

Swedish hibee
02-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Great idea:top marks

cam75
02-09-2014, 08:12 PM

Sorry how is this negative?

cam75
02-09-2014, 08:19 PM
In all honesty we need to change the way we protest against the authorities.

The team on the park needs our continued support and positivity. It's not their fault they are picked and I reckon we could improve their performance by 15% if we got behind them at all times. I realise this is tough but I doubt any players go out and don't try.

We need to be smarter about how we protest because at the moment we are going around in circles. Venting out anger at games is only going to hurt us more. Saturdays should be reserved for getting behind the team. Let's do our protesting during the week or after a game.
This!
I want to take my kids X3 along but the venom of some fans makes it a easy choice !

Ronniekirk
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Wasn't going to go to this game but now club have announced this I will go .One of my Boyhood Idols . Have had the pleasure of meeting him a different functions and games over the years .The most memorable being out in Athens for the game that never was when I was in the same Hotel as him and he ended up addressing all the irate fans who were insisting on demanding to be flown home as soon as and wanting a refund ( this during a ban on all flights due to Terrorist Threat ). So we were moaning back then :wink: Some great memories of that trip The first time I took my son to an away European night .

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-09-2014, 08:26 PM
This!
I want to take my kids X3 along but the venom of some fans makes it a easy choice !

My hatred is for the way Hibs is being run, I'd imagine the playing and coaching staff are doing all they can.

We need to get behind them, help them get through this mess.

That does not mean we take our foot off the gas with the tache.

Zondervan
02-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Yet another reason not to buy a season ticket. Fed up of freebies being handed out every year.

Here is a better idea. Why not ask Hibs FANS to put their hands in their pockets and pay to come along and celebrate the Great Man?

Everyone's a winner.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Great idea, well done Hibs. Should have at least a 3/4 full stadium to honour Sir Pat

IanM
02-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Yet another reason not to buy a season ticket. Fed up of freebies being handed out every year.

Here is a better idea. Why not ask Hibs FANS to put their hands in their pockets and pay to come along and celebrate the Great Man?

Everyone's a winner.

Erm, you're the one handing the free ticket out. This wasn't decided by Hibs, this was agreed with supporters who happen to be season ticket holders

Give your free ticket to a school or something, you're hardly being robbed here

Sir David Gray
02-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Sorry didn't mean to turn positive news into negative news but just don't get the point of season ticket holders who have paid well over the odds getting tickets to give away to folk who have paid **** all in supporting the club in the first place. Each to their own but that's my stance on it.

I share a lot of the concerns expressed here.

Hopefully we get a good turnout though and, you never know, maybe some people might decide to return for later games if we do happen to play well in this match.

Zondervan
02-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Erm, you're the one handing the free ticket out. This wasn't decided by Hibs, this was agreed with supporters who happen to be season ticket holders

Give your free ticket to a school or something, you're hardly being robbed here

I'm not being robbed, but yet again those that pay upfront are subsidising fans who would normally pay at the gate. The worth of being a season ticket holder is being diminished further.

I have no problem with Hibs handing out tickets directly to schools, charities etc; this is totally different to what is happening here.

And if course it was decided by Hibs. It may have came from an idea generated at a supporters forum, but the supporters didn't decide.

Nevi_SOL
02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Im a ST Holder and im happy for this to be done to celebrate Mr Hibs birthday, :aok:

hibs4life
02-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Everyone's a winner.

I just don't get this approach from Season Ticket holders, where it seems they feel cheated by occasional flexible approaches to pay at the gate.
I buy a season ticket to support the club and hopefully get some enjoyment along the way (although this has been scarce in recent seasons) and I find it hard to understand why anyone would retrospectively question their decision about their season ticket purchase due to measures to get more supporters through the gate in one-off initiatives. The price of a season ticket is set at the time of sale and I think everyone needs to make the decision on purchasing their season ticket on that, whilst realising there could be 'freebies' and price initiatives throughout the season.
I do understand that money is tight but I'm not sure that viewing a season ticket as cost saving, money per match investment is a sound approach.

If we get a bumper crowd, give Pat the ovation he deserves and get behind the team and witness a win, wouldn't everyone be a winner then?

Hibby70
02-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Stuff the free ticket, I want a slice of cake with my half time cuppa instead. Followed by a big game of pass the parcel.

PatHead
02-09-2014, 09:29 PM

Everyone's a winner.

If the person you wish to give your ticket to declines and wants to pay then great. Hibs keep getting told the stadium is empty, use initiative and get bums on seats, cut prices and the stadium will be full. I get to choose who I take and I feel a benefit as a season ticket holder. Win, win for me.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Was not going to another game for the foreseeable, but he was my hero when growing up and if the club are honoring him with a day, :top marks then i feel i should be there.

Bronson
02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Got to laugh at hearts fans trying to put a negative spin on this. If this was any other club they'd say it was a great initiative, other than anything else it gets fans through the gates and interested in Scottish football, something our game badly needs.

bob12345
02-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Fantastic idea. Ensures a big crowd for the occasion; gives season ticket holders the chance to pick who benefits (I'm sure they can get you a half time pie and both of you are winners); and hopefully it'll lead to a win and a bigger home gate at the next game.

I've criticised a lot of Hibs' PR and marketing recently, but they've got this one bang on. The odd season ticket holder may grumble in advance, but if the day lives up to its potential then they'll leave with a smile on their face.

rcarter1
02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Got to laugh at hearts fans trying to put a negative spin on this. If this was any other club they'd say it was a great initiative, other than anything else it gets fans through the gates and interested in Scottish football, something our game badly needs.

Don't need Hearts fans to put a negative spin on this. Although it does suggest they still find the 0 and the 7 difficult concepts in combination.
Great idea, looking forward to the occasion.

Stantons Angel
02-09-2014, 10:10 PM

If you genuinely cant be bothered please dont go!

Pat Stanton is a living legend and a great servant to the club. If you cant give more to him for the memories he left us then you dont deserve to be in his presence.

You have stated all through this page your mood and the reasons why. why cant you keep it for another moaning minnies post and let us celebrate Pats 70th birthday with him!!!

As for the free ticket why cant you just accept it for the reason its given, season ticket holders can bring someone along whether they are homeless, jobless or what its a gesture for goodness sake!

Lets all celebrate the great mans birthday!!!

FranckSuzy
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM

This is not meant as a personal attack on you, or any other newcomer to the support, as you are entitled to your opinion BUT :greengrin as a self-proclaimed 'latecomer' to the Hibee family, I have to wonder if this is perhaps why you feel this way? Therefore, maybe, just maybe, could you allow those of us who have lived and breathed Hibs for as long as we can remember to celebrate the birthday (and a not too insignificant one at that) of one of THE best Hibs players ever? Just a thought :wink:

HibbyKeith
02-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Very clever marketing from Hibs.

After a disappointing end to the transfer window and with support looking at ideas of protest this gesture might help ease the mood inside the stadium.

I cant help but feel its a bit of an emotional tug of war though, they know the fans are upset, they know the fans love and respect Pat Stanton.

Maybe with my current mood towards all things Hibs I'm just being too cynical.

none the less I'll still be there..Mr Stanton, a club legend and one of our own. hope he has a fantastic day. :hibees

3pm
02-09-2014, 10:32 PM
This is not meant as a personal attack on you, or any other newcomer to the support, as you are entitled to your opinion BUT :greengrin as a self-proclaimed 'latecomer' to the Hibee family, I have to wonder if this is perhaps why you feel this way? Therefore, maybe, just maybe, could you allow those of us who have lived and breathed Hibs for as long as we can remember to celebrate the birthday (and a not too insignificant one at that) of one of THE best Hibs players ever? Just a thought :wink:

Go on yerself Mrs!

PatHead
02-09-2014, 10:33 PM

After a disappointing end to the transfer window and with support looking at ideas of protest this gesture might help ease the mood inside the stadium.

I cant help but feel its a bit of an emotional tug of war though, they know the fans are upset, they know the fans love and respect Pat Stanton.

none the less I'll still be there..Mr Stanton, a club legend and one of our own. hope he has a fantastic day. :hibees

This hasn't been arranged overnight and took planning. Nothing dodgy honest. From a fellow cynic.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Go on yerself Mrs!

tut tut

Ms. :greengrin

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I'll take a spare ticket. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
02-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Go on yerself Mrs!

tut tut

:agree: :boo hoo: :tee hee:

3pm
02-09-2014, 10:45 PM
tut tut

Sorry gadge!!

The Harp
02-09-2014, 11:00 PM

Yeah, I'd agree with you, no doubt recent events have clouded our judgement and made us overly sceptical when it comes to initiatives by the board.
Have spoken to Pat a few times over the years, but even though I'm almost the same age as the great man, I always seem to get tongue-tied in his presence.:not worth
Anyway, I hope the venture is a resounding success and that Pat has a day to remember.

Time For Heroes
02-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Honestly gobsmacked.
damned if you do, damned if you dont.
Great gesture from Hibs, lets just accept that its a gesture, if our club did nowt we'd complain?!
Hibs legend get the appreciation he DESERVES and we complain, you should be ashamed.
Im gonna stand outside the bookies and complain at winners as ive worked hard for my money.

TomTheHibbyBev
03-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Great gesture from Hibs, lets just accept that its a gesture,
One of the many Hibs legends get along and give Him the appreciation he Deserves :thumbsup:

California-Hibs
03-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Brilliant gesture by Hibs, 7,000 FREE tickets is remarkable and could potentially see us have a crowd of around 14,000 - 15,000. I just hope season ticket holders aren't lazy and actually apply for their free ticket, would be a great shame to lose out on.

Let's be positive about Hibs! We have a decent squad, add a free transfer transfer or 2 of decent quality, and we can't say that Stubbs signings so far haven't been that of quality because IMO the likes of Allen, Kennedy, Alegui, Gray have more than good enough for me so far!

C'mon Hibs, let's blow Cowden away with a big score line infront of a great crowd to help bring back the positivity!

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2014, 06:23 AM
If you genuinely cant be bothered please dont go!

Pat Stanton is a living legend and a great servant to the club. If you cant give more to him for the memories he left us then you dont deserve to be in his presence.

You have stated all through this page your mood and the reasons why. why cant you keep it for another moaning minnies post and let us celebrate Pats 70th birthday with him!!!

As for the free ticket why cant you just accept it for the reason its given, season ticket holders can bring someone along whether they are homeless, jobless or what its a gesture for goodness sake!

Lets all celebrate the great mans birthday!!!Don't deserve to be in his presence haha do me a favour eh! FranckSuzy may have a point in her post, just a name to me as a latecomer is probably about right.

SanFranHibs
03-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Don't deserve to be in his presence haha do me a favour eh! Frank Suzy mave have a point in her post, just a name to me as a latecomer is probably about right.

Yes, that me made cringe a little.

In our state of play it is hard to view anything connected with Hibs without a touch of cynicism. Looking for free players, giving away free tickets, our team in freefall.....there is a pattern here :wink:

I think I appreciate what ScouseHibee was trying to say, that it is sad that we are in such a state that the club has to give 7,000 tickets for free becasue if people thought so much of him they should be going anyhow, not just because it is free. And if I am putting words in your mouth ScouseH, leave them there, this is real Lennon/McCartney stuff. :confused:

However, that said ScouseHibee, you know it make sense for the day and that we should not let our ire be directed at a great club player and as important a great club supporter. Ain't his fault and I am sure he feels just as angry and depressed about our current state as we do.

He has been a great player for Hibs and I would like to shake his hand and ask him if their early 70's team was so great how is it all they won was a League Cup. And why did he desert us by going glory hunting at Parkhead? :wink:

I presume there will be some of Pat's team mates there. O'Rourke for one? I used to love him when I was a lad. Actually, I just loved that whole team.

Enjoy the day Pat.

:flag:

Ronniekirk
03-09-2014, 06:54 AM

That's a big paragraph Suzy :wink: But spot on

Tom Hart RIP
03-09-2014, 07:17 AM
How about a collection for Pat?
I suspect he will get many cards and gifts from Hibbys, but a few grand for say a luxury holiday/new car would let him know what he still means to us.
No point in waiting until he is dead before doing something in his memory.
No idea how to organise it but even a few buckets inside the ground shouldn't be hard.
I know on my birthdays I get loads of stuff I don't need or want which costs as much as something I would want.

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2014, 07:53 AM
He has been a great player for Hibs and I would like to shake his hand and ask him if their early 70's team was so great how is it all they won was a League Cup. And why did he desert us by going glory hunting at Parkhead? :wink:

I presume there will be some of Pat's team mates there. O'Rourke for one? I used to love him when I was a lad. Actually, I just loved that whole team.

Enjoy the day Pat.

:flag:

because we just happened to be competing against Jock Stein's celtic

PatHead
03-09-2014, 08:13 AM
How about a collection for Pat?
I suspect he will get many cards and gifts from Hibbys, but a few grand for say a luxury holiday/new car would let him know what he still means to us.
No point in waiting until he is dead before doing something in his memory.
No idea how to organise it but even a few buckets inside the ground shouldn't be hard.
I know on my birthdays I get loads of stuff I don't need or want which costs as much as something I would want.

Pat was consulted and has asked to fundraise for his favourite charity rather than a present. Buckets will be inside the stadium. Feel free to contribute.

CraigHibee
03-09-2014, 11:05 AM
nice touch by the club, would love to see the stadium busy for this :aok:

Gus
03-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't have an ST but a friend who does has offered me one of the tickets. I will go & I will put a tenner in one of the buckets

GGTTH

H18Y GW
03-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I will.

Me too

lord bunberry
03-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Stuff the free ticket, I want a slice of cake with my half time cuppa instead. Followed by a big game of pass the parcel.

Great idea, then our defence can play its usual game of musical statues, while Liam Craig indulges in a spot of hide and seek.

H18Y GW
03-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Maybe those that would have attended anyway and get a Freebie from somebody that's paid good money for their ST could give them a token amount in return? Maybe a tenner/fifteen quid?

I'm not talking here about making this compulsory, or saying nobody should give it away for free if they want to. Just that ST holders have paid top dollar and this could be a way of giving THEM something back in return.

p.s. This is not a moan about giving away tickets to celebrate the Big Man's birthday, which I applaud.

So the guy who gives £15 for his freebie pays more than the ST holder, dont take this the wrong way but i will refuse any freebie offered and give Hibs my money as normal, im sure its aimed more at enticing stay aways back than paying 2/3 for a free ticket.

Thats my thoughts anyway

Siralbertkidd
03-09-2014, 12:24 PM

I think you will find we also won a couple of Dryburgh Cups, great days out at Hampden. :flag:

Postman
03-09-2014, 12:26 PM
So the guy who gives £15 for his freebie pays more than the ST holder, dont take this the wrong way but i will refuse any freebie offered and give Hibs my money as normal, im sure its aimed more at enticing stay aways back than paying 2/3 for a free ticket.

Thats my thoughts anyway

How do you get this? My ST certainly worked out at more than £15 per game

cabbageandribs1875
03-09-2014, 12:39 PM
I think you will find we also won a couple of Dryburgh Cups, great days out at Hampden. :flag:

ermmm, i know that, and you know that....i think you should be quoting him, not me :greengrin

lord bunberry
03-09-2014, 12:41 PM
When I give my 3 free tickets to my mates I won't be asking for money, I'll just say 'ach just get me a pint' hibs have been fleecing me for years, it's a about time I got something in return.

The Gorf
03-09-2014, 12:47 PM
You know what you can do with your stance. I stopped being a ST holder because I couldn't afford it anymore. I have paid walk up fees for ages now so take Umbridge that you think it is only ST holders who are "saving" this Club. Get a grip man.

ps Happy birthday to the great man.
GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
03-09-2014, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=The Gorf;4156548]You know what you can do with your stance. I stopped being a ST holder because I couldn't afford it anymore. I have paid walk up fees for ages now so take Umbridge that you think it is only ST holders who are "saving" this Club. Get a grip man.

ps Happy birthday to the great man.
GGTTH[/QUOTE

Get a grip yourself, a spectacular miss of my point if you think it was a dig at PATG supporters.

PatHead
03-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Hope this makes everyone stop moaning. Wonder how many games it will take for us to score 7 this season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzt4r_IIKVM

Siralbertkidd
03-09-2014, 02:05 PM
ermmm, i know that, and you know that....i think you should be quoting him, not me :greengrin

sorry, was just using you as a conduit :greengrin.

could also have mentioned we would have won the league as well if the celtc fans hadnt invaded the pitch at their bit when we were two nil up, and got the game abandoned..

emerald green
03-09-2014, 05:55 PM

:agree: It's widely accepted by many knowledgeable football commentators that's the only reason Hibs didn't ever win the title on more than one occasion.

3rd in 1972/3; 2nd in 1973/4; 2nd in 1974/5; 3rd in 1975/6.

Compare that with where this club is languishing now. Angry doesn't come near to how I feel.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
:agree: It's widely accepted by many knowledgeable football commentators that's the only reason Hibs didn't ever win the title on more than one occasion.

Compare that with where this club is languishing now. Angry doesn't come near to how I feel.

I imagine we could match these finishes if we are lucky over the next 3 seasons.

H18Y GW
03-09-2014, 07:25 PM

Everyone's a winner.

Don't give your ticket out , I've stated I won't accept one and will pay and I'm sure many others are the same .

I'm not sure the uppity stance , I pay more than a season ticket holder every year and have no chip on my shoulder about it 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18Y GW
03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
How do you get this? My ST certainly worked out at more than £15 per game

So if you get £15 from your mate your divided cost of a game for your ST was over £30 a match .,. Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexham Hibee
03-09-2014, 07:35 PM
And no doubt the Yams will try the same idea when Rudi is 51. That's next year is it not?

rcarter1
03-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Think this a great idea by the club, and should ensure a least a respectable attendance for Pat.
If I had renewed this year, Id have been delighted that I could entice a mate to the game, when ordinarily there would be no chance. Id be surprised if most people didn't get a few quid for the freebie ticket.

As for the overall bum deal that season ticket holders have had to deal with (i.e. paying top dollar and going to games), I would like to think that anyone who has got one for this season and any further season in the Championship should be given a significant reward should the club ever get back onto the good foot.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2014, 10:04 PM
I'll be going and I'll be giving my ticket to a hibby who can't normally afford to go.

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I'll be going and I'll be giving my ticket to a hibby who can't normally afford to go.

Ditto

H18Y GW
04-09-2014, 04:43 AM

And that is how it should be and i guess how the club thought it would be.:top marks

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2014, 06:47 AM
When I give my 3 free tickets to my mates I won't be asking for money, I'll just say 'ach just get me a pint' hibs have been fleecing me for years, it's a about time I got something in return.Had you at gunpoint did they?

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM
sorry, was just using you as a conduit :greengrin.

could also have mentioned we would have won the league as well if the celtc fans hadnt invaded the pitch at their bit when we were two nil up, and got the game abandoned..

:greengrin

indeed, i(and thousands of others) were brought up watching a decade of very good Hibs teams playing fantastic football :agree: and it hurts bad just how much our club /team have been on the downward spiral for the last several years

lord bunberry
04-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Had you at gunpoint did they?

They've been pointing that emotional AK-47 at me for years :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-09-2014, 11:20 AM

Keith_M
05-09-2014, 11:21 AM

:thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
05-09-2014, 11:29 AM

As it bloody well should be!!!

PS I got my ticket and will take the missus. This is a win win. She is sitting far enough away from me so I can still swear, I can have a drink before the game and she will drop me off right outside the pub then find a parking space. Good lassie that!

FranckSuzy
05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
As it bloody well should be!!!

PS I got my ticket and will take the missus. This is a win win. She is sitting far enough away from me so I can still swear, I can have a drink before the game and she will drop me off right outside the pub then find a parking space. Good lassie that!

:rolleyes: :greengrin Nice one and I hope we all enjoy Sir Pat's big day :pray:

Hibs7
05-09-2014, 11:37 AM
I will be going but I will buy my ticket, great idea to give it to those who can't afford it rather than mates who will give you £15

Ronniekirk
05-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Nice one Suzy :top marksII

poolman
05-09-2014, 12:52 PM

:dummytit:

PatHead
05-09-2014, 01:56 PM

Why not claim the ticket and hand it into a local church/charity for them to hand out?

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Why not claim the ticket and hand it into a local church/charity for them to hand out?

Do try and keep up!

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2014, 02:18 PM

Brilliant!

Brightside
05-09-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm hearing some external parties will use the event to hand out leaflets about how STF has been screwing Hibs for years. Really hope thats not true.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm hearing some external parties will use the event to hand out leaflets about how STF has been screwing Hibs for years. Really hope thats not true.

Use the event? It's a home game that happens to coincide with Pat Stanton's birthday not an event put on in honour of his birthday. Fair game to me.

FranckSuzy
06-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Maybe they have permission from the birthday boy, given his appearance/speech at the demo? :devil:

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2014, 10:41 AM

Pat Stanton wants new owners, he will probably be handing out the leaflets.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't know any Hibees that cannot afford to attend this game, I would still like to give our two tickets to someone who can't afford to attend, any genuine people in the need so I can do exactly that?

Ronniekirk
07-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Let's get this thread back up to top of agenda and go into this new week looking forward to three points and Celebrating Pats Birthday .lets aim to get as many fans there as possible ,and show that despite the issues being debated on other threads ,when it comes to Football and showing appreciation of one of our own ,we can still unite as a Support .:flag:

silverhibee
07-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Will have to read the leaflet first to make any judgement if STF is at it. :wink: :cb

silverhibee
07-09-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't know any Hibees that cannot afford to attend this game, I would still like to give our two tickets to someone who can't afford to attend, any genuine people in the need so I can do exactly that?

What about a person with no income. :greengrin

silverhibee
07-09-2014, 01:09 PM
What are the plans for Pat Stanton's Birthday, take it a lot of ex players will be on show as well to mark PS B'day, was a banner arranged.

oconnors_strip
07-09-2014, 01:10 PM
What are the plans for Pat Stanton's Birthday, take it a lot of ex players will be on show as well to mark PS B'day, was a banner arranged.

The tornadoes are doing a guard of honour on the pitch

silverhibee
07-09-2014, 01:17 PM
The tornadoes are doing a guard of honour on the pitch

:aok:

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2014, 01:18 PM
What about a person with no income. :greengrin

What about a person with no income, do you know anyone :greengrin

silverhibee
07-09-2014, 01:37 PM
What about a person with no income, do you know anyone :greengrin

Funnily enough...

:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
So how/where do we go about claiming the free tickets?

Hermit Crab
07-09-2014, 02:07 PM
So how/where do we go about claiming the free tickets?

You have to be a season ticket holder to get one.

Hibby Bairn
07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Yes. But how does said ST holder claim one?

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Yes. But how does said ST holder claim one?

Either go on the official site and follow the instruction to print your own or go to ticket office and pick it up.

cmcd
07-09-2014, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=SanFranHibs;4156165]Yes, that me made cringe a little.

In our state of play it is hard to view anything connected with Hibs without a touch of cynicism. Looking for free players, giving away free tickets, our team in freefall.....there is a pattern here :wink:

I think I appreciate what ScouseHibee was trying to say, that it is sad that we are in such a state that the club has to give 7,000 tickets for free becasue if people thought so much of him they should be going anyhow, not just because it is free. And if I am putting words in your mouth ScouseH, leave them there, this is real Lennon/McCartney stuff. :confused:

However, that said ScouseHibee, you know it make sense for the day and that we should not let our ire be directed at a great club player and as important a great club supporter. Ain't his fault and I am sure he feels just as angry and depressed about our current state as we do.

He has been a great player for Hibs and I would like to shake his hand and ask him if their early 70's team was so great how is it all they Swon was a League Cup. And why did he desert us by going glory hunting at Parkhead? :wink:

Pat Stanton Played in a very good Hibs Side But Celtic were also a very good side who had far more financial clout Pat did not want to leave Easter Rd He was forced out by Eddie Turnbull who from memory blamed Pat for a defeat by Liverpool Hibs fans were up in arms over this decision but at the end of the day we got the best of the deal that took Pat to Celtic As only a year later he had to retire due to injury and Jackie Mcnamara gave us years of great service If my memory has failed me im sure there are others on here who will shoot me down

Hibby Bairn
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Either go on the official site and follow the instruction to print your own or go to ticket office and pick it up.

Sorry. Must be being thick. I can't find instructions on official site. Can someone post relevant link please?

Scouse Hibee
07-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Sorry. Must be being thick. I can't find instructions on official site. Can someone post relevant link please?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4783

Lucius Apuleius
07-09-2014, 05:02 PM

There is definitely a sarcastic answer but I shall refrain. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
07-09-2014, 05:29 PM

You lost the power of your keyboard to search or are you just at the lash?

Hibby Bairn
07-09-2014, 08:04 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4783

Cheers. :aok:

down-the-slope
07-09-2014, 11:03 PM
just booked and printed at home..easy peasy and some extra value for those who shelled out for ST's

Hermit Crab
08-09-2014, 07:21 AM
just booked and printed at home..easy peasy and some extra value for those who shelled out for ST's

Agree. I got 4

ahibby
08-09-2014, 07:46 AM
What if there are no empty seats around your ST seat, will they give you a temp seat for your ST so you can sit beside your guest?

Gatecrasher
08-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Just got my ticket :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
08-09-2014, 07:56 AM
What if there are no empty seats around your ST seat, will they give you a temp seat for your ST so you can sit beside your guest?

Yes, contact the TO

ahibby
08-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes, contact the TO

Cheers BW, it's sorted.

iwasthere1972
08-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Free ticket printed at work. Sent email from my phone to work email address and printed.

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Got my two now looking for a worthy cause.

cabbageandribs1875
08-09-2014, 10:41 PM
looks like tickets are selling well for this :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Be good if we could do something similar in the future for Franck.

Ronniekirk
09-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Suzy will get you sorted if you haven't found one by now

Ronniekirk
09-09-2014, 07:03 AM
Be good if we could do something similar in the future for Franck.
I thought He has chosen to sever all links with the club after the way he felt treated , not even sure anyone knows how to get in touch with him ,so would be difficult and pointless IMO if he didn't actually attend .It is a pity it has come to this though ,as in his short time with us he certainly made his mark and seemed to love being at the club

FranckSuzy
09-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Suzy will get you sorted if you haven't found one by now

Eh, will I? :greengrin I could certainly ask the various groups that use Kicks for Kids tickets and see if they can use them though :aok:

SH, are they print at home tickets or have you got them already? :wink:

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Eh, will I? :greengrin I could certainly ask the various groups that use Kicks for Kids tickets and see if they can use them though :aok:

SH, are they print at home tickets or have you got them already? :wink:
I have found two worthy recipients, thanks anyway.

FranckSuzy
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I have found two worthy recipients, thanks anyway.

Good stuff and here's hoping we w....:lips seal :greengrin

Ringothedog
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Good stuff and here's hoping we w....:lips seal :greengrin

PM sent

IanM
10-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Ive got a couple of mates who are on the scrounge for a 2 spare tickets.. I've told them they're pushing thier luck and to just go buy them but said I'd check anyway.. (shame)

I've already gave my two away..

rcarter1
10-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Ticket website somewhat confusing. Following one set of links to the Cowdenbeath game suggests the 'event' has ended and tickets are unavailable. However another link gets you to buy tickets.

In short if you go to Tickets, Ticket Information, Home, it doesn't allow you to buy tickets and says 'event has ended'

If you go to Tickets, Buy Match tickets (left hand dark green letters), you can select the match and buy tickets.

Wouldn't want to think folk thought it had sold out or whatever by following the wrong link.. :agree:

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Ticket website somewhat confusing. Following one set of links to the Cowdenbeath game suggests the 'event' has ended and tickets are unavailable. However another link gets you to buy tickets.

In short if you go to Tickets, Ticket Information, Home, it doesn't allow you to buy tickets and says 'event has ended'

If you go to Tickets, Buy Match tickets (left hand dark green letters), you can select the match and buy tickets.

Wouldn't want to think folk thought it had sold out or whatever by following the wrong link.. :agree:

Rather confusing for folk like SteveHFC. :greengrin

PatHead
11-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Must admit tickets don't look like they are going brilliantly bearing in mind the free ticket offer and it being a Hibs Kids day. Only one section red.

down-the-slope
11-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Must admit tickets don't look like they are going brilliantly bearing in mind the free ticket offer and it being a Hibs Kids day. Only one section red.

For what ever reason this has not caught the imagination - spoken to a few who were unaware. I reckon management know this as I received a text a wee while ago pushing it.

If we can't give tickets away - we really are in a poor state.....

KeithTheHibby
11-09-2014, 12:35 PM
For what ever reason this has not caught the imagination - spoken to a few who were unaware. I reckon management know this as I received a text a wee while ago pushing it.

Edinburgh holiday this Monday, a lot of people might be away.

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 12:42 PM

For as long as Petrie has anything to do with our club then some folk will not come back no matter what until he has left our club.

Keith_M
11-09-2014, 12:44 PM
For as long as Petrie has anything to do with our club then some folk will not come back no matter what until he has left our club.

Nah. It's probably just because they'e not bothered any more.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-09-2014, 12:45 PM

:agree:

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Nah. It's probably just because they'e not bothered any more.

Nah, the folk i talk to give the reason that as long as Petrie is at the club then they won't be back.

PatHead
11-09-2014, 12:55 PM

Really embarrassing if we can't get a big crowd when so many tickets are being given away. To the Petrie haters **** him, lets just celebrate Pat for a day then go back to boycotts.

Ronniekirk
11-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Really embarrassing if we can't get a big crowd when so many tickets are being given away. To the Petrie haters **** him, lets just celebrate Pat for a day then go back to boycotts.
Agree and it's partly a reflection of apathy at current position ,the old not going cause Petrie is still there and it's people of my generation that are going out of loyalty and affection for Pat and all he contributed to club and happy memories he has given me .But that doesn't wash with ypunger fans hopefully it's a nice sunny day and we at least get over 10,000 but was hoping it would be over 15 00 and that's looking unlikely if only one section red .

Ringothedog
11-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Agree and it's partly a reflection of apathy at current position ,the old not going cause Petrie is still there and it's people of my generation that are going out of loyalty and affection for Pat and all he contributed to club and happy memories he has given me .But that doesn't wash with ypunger fans hopefully it's a nice sunny day and we at least get over 10,000 but was hoping it would be over 15 00 and that's looking unlikely if only one section red .

The whole stadium could be yellow and there could still be over 20500 there :wink:

Alfred E Newman
11-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Nah, the folk i talk to give the reason that as long as Petrie is at the club then they won't be back.

Then once he is gone they will probably come up with another excuse.

stantonhibby
11-09-2014, 06:18 PM

Correct.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2014, 07:53 PM

But if Franck came back we'd fill the stadium ?

No player is bigger than the club it's just that Pat is bigger than most players. It's a shame folks put Petrie before Pat. For the record I have family commitments that means I cannot attend otherwise d be there I'm not boycotting over Petrie surely folks can be bigger than that otherwise if suggest their Fear and self loathing know no bounds and they might as well just say they've turned to the dark side.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Correct.

Ditto from me and the broken record is tedious and damaging.

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 10:06 PM

I doubt that, more likely they will return to watch Hibs.

WestCoastHibby
12-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Happy Birthday Patrick from a very appreciative fan. Positivity comes as standard....

eastcoasthibby
13-09-2014, 06:43 AM
not long back from hol's and requested my 2 tickets to move onto anyone who wants them .... asked a few disilussioned hibby's but no go for varying reason's ...some disappointing no thanks or no ways ! so couple of tickets here for the east for anyone wanting them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 11:48 AM
not long back from hol's and requested my 2 tickets to move onto anyone who wants them .... asked a few disilussioned hibby's but no go for varying reason's ...some disappointing no thanks or no ways ! so couple of tickets here for the east for anyone wanting them.

Post this on that Hibs page on facebook aswell bud. Someone on there will take them off your hands if no one on here does.

Hope you get them shifted. :aok: