PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs looking for a new Striker

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
The Evening News has an article (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-is-not-finished-in-the-transfer-market-1-3528103) that suggests Alan Stubbs intends to sign another Striker as a replacement for El Alagui in time for our next Match.

“The fact our main striker is out just reinforces the need and desire to bring one in as soon as possible.”
..Alan Stubbs

The Harp Awakes
02-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Apart from a 30ish journeyman who's been left on the shelf during the transfer window because nobody wants him, who can we get?

J-C
02-09-2014, 11:53 AM
The Evening News has an article (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-is-not-finished-in-the-transfer-market-1-3528103) that suggests Alan Stubbs intends to sign another Striker as a replacement for El Alagui in time for our next Match.

“The fact our main striker is out just reinforces the need and desire to bring one in as soon as possible.”
..Alan Stubbs

Nae **** Alan :confused:

TheReg!
02-09-2014, 11:55 AM
What strikers are free at the moment?? I think we need to go for a top endish recently freed striker imho, we need to pull something out the bag big time.

scott7_0(Prague)
02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Apart from a 30ish journeyman who's been left on the shelf during the transfer window because nobody wants him, who can we get?

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbydate/cf/-1/-1/-1/-1/1/

Hope the link works

Bleeds green
02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Hibs could approach a team who's striker is not in there plans then that said club releases the player and he signs for hibs, doesn't have to be a free agent at this particular moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 12:02 PM
David ngog? Could struggle to attract him, but he's not to bad.

The Harp Awakes
02-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Hibs could approach a team who's striker is not in there plans then that said club releases the player and he signs for hibs, doesn't have to be a free agent at this particular moment

Leigh Griffiths:rolleyes:

GloryGlory
02-09-2014, 12:05 PM

Don't think so - a player has to be free before the window shuts.

007 Mickey Weir
02-09-2014, 12:06 PM

Players needed to have been released before 11pm last night. Any player contracted after that time can't sign for another club until January

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Karl Hawley was not bad when at Carlisle a few years ago. Admitidley he's over the hill a bit now. 47 goals in 118 games wasn't bad. Not so good a return in recent years though. He's 32 now though.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Earnshaw could do a job no problem.

kevo1875
02-09-2014, 12:12 PM
David ngog? Could struggle to attract him, but he's not to bad.

think he signed for a French team yesterday

ManBearPig
02-09-2014, 12:12 PM
michael richardson?

kevo1875
02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Earnshaw could do a job no problem.

signed for chigago fire in august unfortunately

kevo1875
02-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Chicago*

Cropley10
02-09-2014, 12:23 PM

Really? You sure about that?

Bleeds green
02-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Really? You sure about that?

Na seems I'm wrong everyday is a school day

Centre Hawf
02-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Peter Lovenkrands would do a job down here. Even if its for a year.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Need more than a striker to get us out of this mess.

worcesterhibby
02-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I would suggest it's likely to be Kris Bright former New Zealand International who has been freed by Lincoln. Decent height, powerful build, did very well during his time in the Finnish top league last year (9 goals in 23 games..mostly as a substitute).

You heard it here first :greengrin (although I admit to no inside knowledge..just an educated guess)

Blaster
02-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Did David clarkson sign for anyone?

Evergreen86
02-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Come in Faddy.... SOS

HibbyKeith
02-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Players needed to have been released before 11pm last night. Any player contracted after that time can't sign for another club until January

might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that they can technically sign, but just cant be registered to play until the next window.

Either way its still a January signing I suppose, but at least you are able to secure the services of a player who has become available after the window has closed.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 01:03 PM

Not allowed to happen, if a club release a player today who was under contract then he can't sign with anyone until the next window, it does have to be a free agent now that the window is closed.

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 01:03 PM

Hope the link works

Enoch Showunmi is available.

Two for the price of one!

:thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
02-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Did David clarkson sign for anyone?

We need a goal scorer

Blaster
02-09-2014, 01:07 PM
We need a goal scorer

Thanks for not answering my question lol

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks for not answering my question lol

Dont think he did though Clyde were apparently interested.

SneakersO'Toole
02-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Too little, too late Alan. We needed this person before the season started.

Blaster
02-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Dont think he did though Clyde were apparently interested.

Cheers mate

Greencore
02-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Might be wrong here. But can't we still loan players? I know in the championship in England they can. We are not a top flight team so is it possible?

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Might be wrong here. But can't we still loan players? I know in the championship in England they can. We are not a top flight team so is it possible?

I dont think so I think the new SPFL rules were the same for all leagues. May be wrong of course.

worcesterhibby
02-09-2014, 01:27 PM
the more I read the more I'm certain it's going to be Kris Bright.. He's the right age, has the right experience and is the right types of striker. Has been seen at various times as the natural successor to Chris Killen in New Zealand and actually came on to replace Killen the last time New Zealand Played Spain. He's one of the few free agents out there who have actually scored a barrow load of goals when he has been playing in the right team (24 goals in 21 games playing in Norway) and is actively seeking to play somewhere that English is the language after struggling to settle in Holland and Greece.

Kris Bright to sign this week…I'd bet a Greggs Sausage and cheese melt on it !

Fergus52
02-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Giving away our transfer strategy just to appease fans is pretty pathetic.

just means that the agents of any striker we're looking at will now ask for a better deal cause they know we're desperate

Septimus
02-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Wonder what Steve Archibald is doing these days.

dangermouse
02-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Enoch Showunmi is available.

Two for the price of one!

:thumbsup:

And Alan Gow :rolleyes:

worcesterhibby
02-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Kris Bright is even used to scoring in green and White !

http://youtu.be/1elEElMz-8I

J-C
02-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Kris Bright is even used to scoring in green and White !

http://youtu.be/1elEElMz-8I

I take it you've stuck some money on him getting the gig, what were the odds :greengrin

MontrealHibs
02-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Sam Parkin is likely given our budget. He is a big solid lump and proven at this level.

Hibeewilly
02-09-2014, 01:52 PM
I can't believe that some of you guys treat this as a joke. Its a disaster area we find ourselves in and I for one am not in a jocular mood!!!

LancsHibs
02-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Are you Kirs Brights agent Worcester? Or maybe Kris Bright? Lol

The_Exile
02-09-2014, 01:53 PM
What's Kenny Deuchar up to these days? The Gretna model has merit IMO.................

Colr
02-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Is Riordan registered anywhere?

worcesterhibby
02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Are you Kirs Brights agent Worcester? Or maybe Kris Bright? Lol

No I'm not me…err I mean I'm not this Kris Bright fellow who I have never met at all, ever. :shhhsh!:

E10 Rifle
02-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Sam Parkin is likely given our budget. He is a big solid lump and proven at this level.

Yep. He's proven to be utter garbage.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2014, 02:06 PM
How embarrassing is this? Scrapping about trying to sign any old ***** that we can now.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 02:13 PM
No I'm not me…err I mean I'm not this Kris Bright fellow who I have never met at all, ever. :shhhsh!:

Actually seen him at Lincoln - fast, direct, finds space and knows where the goal is, nae idea why he has been released, Lincoln play at a level below our championship in my opinion but I think they'd beat Alloa 2 times out of 3. We'd still need one big battering ram striker in my view.

bingo70
02-09-2014, 02:27 PM
What trakys up to these days?

Paloschi
02-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Is Junior Agogo looking for a club?

The Beastie Bus
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM

..Alan Stubbs

Dearie me, really? You don't say!
This is farcical now, you couldn't honestly make this up!
Oh wait a minute, it's Hibs, of course you could!

NatureBoy
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Just heard we were in for George Weah's cousin but his wage demands were a stumbling block.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:41 PM
I remember folk were ridiculed here, when they dared to suggest the club would be scatching around the free transfers and bargain bucket signings on the last day of the transfer window.

Thank god they were wrong and we can actually sign these quality players after the window has slammed shut.

The_Horde
02-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Just heard we were in for George Weah's cousin but his wage demands were a stumbling block.

Dia mind? People will believe that stuff.

Crazyhorse
02-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I remember folk were ridiculed here, when they dared to suggest the club would be scatching around the free transfers and bargain bucket signings on the last day of the transfer window.

Thank god they were wrong and we can actually sign these quality players after the window has slammed shut.

I for one am glad we waited and now we can have our pick of all the gems.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I for one am glad we waited and now we can have our pick of all the gems.

:greengrin Fair cheered me up that. :top marks

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 03:12 PM

Never had any doubt it would end up like this, a pattern is emerging. What pisses me off is the suggestion that we might be doing it better and earlier, especially with a preference to restrict the number of loans we have is suggested - its saying one thing and doing the other that does me in, time might see LD and AS etc, steer us away from this, they have my sympathy but I don't think we have got off to a flying start..............

The_Exile
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM

I was one of those folk, I genuinely didn't think we'd have a threadbare squad come the start of the season, never mind the end of the window. Should've known better really :agree:

ManBearPig
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Is Riordan registered anywhere?

the police database?

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM

:agree:

The term 'Bedwetters' was mentioned a number of times.

Anyway, have you bought a Season Ticket yet? :wink:

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I can't believe that some of you guys treat this as a joke. Its a disaster area we find ourselves in and I for one am not in a jocular mood!!!

You're right, we should all just go slit our wrists and have done with it. We really have to take this more seriously, despite the fact that there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 03:46 PM
:agree:

The term 'Bedwetters' was mentioned a number of times.

Anyway, have you bought a Season Ticket yet? :wink:

Nope, all my money is now spent on washing powder and electricity to power up the tumble dryer for all these wet sheets. :greengrin

John_the_angus_hibby
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM

just means that the agents of any striker we're looking at will now ask for a better deal cause they know we're desperate

I don't think our need will be news.

Hibeewilly
02-09-2014, 03:58 PM
You're right, we should all just go slit our wrists and have done with it. We really have to take this more seriously, despite the fact that there's not a damn thing we can do about it.
Thanks mate. Heading down to the "Forum" now completely pissed off. An interesting evening ahead!!!

Hibeewilly
02-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Hope I enjoy the buffet or it might be another ****in rant!!!

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks mate. Heading down to the "Forum" now completely pissed off. An interesting evening ahead!!!

Have fun, hope the sandwiches are to your liking.

:greengrin

Hibeewilly
02-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Are you saying they might be Keek?

Borderhibbie76
02-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Give her hell and ask where the our SPL prices ST money has gone mate??

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Are you saying they might be Keek?

The word is Keech, not Keek!

:grr:

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Give her hell and ask where the our SPL prices ST money has gone mate??

Dear oh dear.

Borderhibbie76
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Dear oh dear.
So ru happy with our summer transfer dealings then? Coz for £405 I knownim not!

brog
02-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I really do think we have to cut AS some slack here. His #1 strike target to support Farid was Hallam Hope who understandably chose to play in the Championship & stay close to home. Just after HH signed for SW the possibility of getting LG back emerged. If we hadn't pursued that option this board would have gone crazy! Then 48 hours before the window closed our #1 striker, who on signing many people on here were less than enamoured with, tears his tendon. Of course now Farid is injured he's Ronaldo! It's really hard to know what else AS could have done & I genuinely would like to know which striker we should have targeted in the last 10 days rather than LG. Everything's easy in hindsight. We now have people complaining AS has given away our strategy & others moaning that we don't make a public announcement every time we inquire about a player! We're all hurting but some of the comments & complaints on here are ridiculous, IMO of course!:wink:

Septimus
02-09-2014, 04:35 PM

There is a difference between irony and a joke and irony is, at times, a defense against sheer misery.

John_the_angus_hibby
02-09-2014, 04:35 PM
I really do think we have to cut AS some slack here. His #1 strike target to support Farid was Hallam Hope who understandably chose to play in the Championship & stay close to home. Just after HH signed for SW the possibility of getting LG back emerged. If we hadn't pursued that option this board would have gone crazy! Then 48 hours before the window closed our #1 striker, who on signing many people on here were less than enamoured with, tears his tendon. Of course now Farid is injured he's Ronaldo! It's really hard to know what else AS could have done & I genuinely would like to know which striker we should have targeted in the last 10 days rather than LG. Everything's easy in hindsight. We now have people complaining AS has given away our strategy & others moaning that we don't make a public announcement every time we inquire about a player! We're all hurting but some of the comments & complaints on here are ridiculous, IMO of course!:wink:

Thank you for that post. Apart from the striker issue, I actually think we did some decent re-building. Are 10 panic buys what we need? That is how we needed up in this mess. Each acquisition so far has a sense of due diligence about it.

Tinribs
02-09-2014, 04:37 PM

Hope the link works

El Hadji Diouf in amongst that lot, the fans would need umbrellas though :wink:

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Surely we have a list of targets for each position.....plus, going with just Farid + inexperience/over the hill Herffernan was madness

We have not signed nearly enough players this window

We are in September and we still dont have a proper team set up - in a league we are supposed to be trying to win

The Green Machine
02-09-2014, 05:02 PM
David Clarkson is on the players unattached list, might be worth a short term deal, seem to remember he was decent at Motherwell.

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 05:07 PM
So ru happy with our summer transfer dealings then? Coz for £405 I knownim not!

Not particularly and think we are light in terms of the squad however that should be a great opportunity for our much vaunted youth system to show how good it is. The biggest disappointment for me wasnt the ridiculous Griffiths hype which got the fans into a hysterical state it was the number of players that didnt leave and are currently contributing very little. This being both experienced and younger players the vast majority of which were part of the team that took us down. It is time this group of players started to man up and deliver performances as up till now they have been lacking this season bar little cameos. The manager needs a chance without the sort of reaction we got against Falkirk when the ball was passed back to the goalie.

I am sure we will bring in another couple one being a Farid style striker and another probably a combative midfielder. I am quite interested to see how Dylan and Jake do as they are both exciting sounding talents.

Not In The Know
02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
i'd take Robert Earnshaw from that list!

Borderhibbie76
02-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Not particularly and think we are light in terms of the squad however that should be a great opportunity for our much vaunted youth system to show how good it is. The biggest disappointment for me wasnt the ridiculous Griffiths hype which got the fans into a hysterical state it was the number of players that didnt leave and are currently contributing very little. This being both experienced and younger players the vast majority of which were part of the team that took us down. It is time this group of players started to man up and deliver performances as up till now they have been lacking this season bar little cameos. The manager needs a chance without the sort of reaction we got against Falkirk when the ball was passed back to the goalie.

I am sure we will bring in another couple one being a Farid style striker and another probably a combative midfielder. I am quite interested to see how Dylan and Jake do as they are both exciting sounding talents.
I agree...disappointed to see Craig and robertson to name a few still here and they in particular along with the likes of Heffernan, harris, Stanton and Handling really do need to man up and start producing.

Im just angry that we are yet again scratching around in the freebies bin for a striker. Yes Farid getting injured on Sat was unlucky but these things happen and its terrible squad management to be left so ridiculously short of cover IMO.

ruthven_raiders
02-09-2014, 06:04 PM

He was scoring for Chicago fire up until recently? Confused lol

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Thank you for that post. Apart from the striker issue, I actually think we did some decent re-building. Are 10 panic buys what we need? That is how we needed up in this mess. Each acquisition so far has a sense of due diligence about it.

Why is the only alternative to what we have done 'Panic Buys'?

Hearts have signed a number of players and they're now top of the league, unbeaten. They had a striker out suspended and his replacement scored a hat-trick. Were the Hearts signings 'Panic Buys'

MontrealHibs
02-09-2014, 06:11 PM
He was scoring for Chicago fire up until recently? Confused lol

I hope not, he played for Toronto :-)

West hamBERNIAN
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Hopefully we'll be able to get a couple in off that list. There's a fair few I don't know at all. Who knows.

ruthven_raiders
02-09-2014, 06:32 PM

Lol he did last year and if wiki is right he scored goals for Chicago in August

ruthven_raiders
02-09-2014, 06:35 PM

From the Chicago tribune-

Robert Earnshaw quickly has shown a flair for clutch production.

The new Fire forward scored in his second straight game Saturday night, nailing the game-winner in the 83rd minute of a 1-0 victory over FC Dallas at Toyota Park.

ruthven_raiders
02-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Signed for Chicago fire on the 15 August

Mr White
02-09-2014, 06:37 PM
From the Chicago tribune-

Robert Earnshaw quickly has shown a flair for clutch production.

The new Fire forward scored in his second straight game Saturday night, nailing the game-winner in the 83rd minute of a 1-0 victory over FC Dallas at Toyota Park.
I'd love to see us sign a striker capable of nailing game winners.

Cropley10
02-09-2014, 06:43 PM
How embarrassing is this? Scrapping about trying to sign any old ***** that we can now.

Spot on.

LD and RP's strategy weirdly similar...

Crazyhorse
02-09-2014, 06:58 PM

'transfer strategy'? the last time we had a transfer strategy was the last time we were in this division.

flash
02-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Spot on.

LD and RP's strategy weirdly similar...

Is it not because of Farids injury? That's hardly a strategy.

matty_f
02-09-2014, 07:01 PM

Don't take things like that into consideration FFS!!!

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 07:07 PM
We shouldn't have found ourselves in a situation where we are so utterly dependent on one striker.

Our other 3 strikers, as of last night, have 10 goals in 78 games for Hibs between them. We have added a 19 year old to assist with that. He could well turn out to be a star but what a pressure to put on a young lads shoulders.

Pete
02-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Could Rory Fallon do a job for us? Plenty experience.

Mr White
02-09-2014, 07:44 PM

I'd really really hope we could get someone better. He always struck me as a ***** player and a bit of a thug. It's unlikely we'll get anyone much better at this stage though I suppose. That goal he scored against us at hampden aside I've never been impressed by anything he's done when I've seen him playing for aberdeen or saints.

allezsauzee
02-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Sounds like it's all set up for the return of the Riordan/O'Connor dream ticket

greenflyer
02-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Looking at the list of available CFs, Clarkson Or Bright seem to be the only ones with decent scoring records.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2014, 08:17 PM

No? Do you think if Farid hadn't been injured our squad was up to scratch?!

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2014, 08:17 PM

That just made the situation worse - it was already bad and in need of fixing.

Cropley10
02-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Oh right, so if the big man hadn't got injured that was us all done for strikers?

What am I not taking into consideration, exactly? It's embarrassing hunting around for bin ends. My point was this type of behaviour is identical to the unsuccessful one.

We shouldn't have found ourselves in a situation where we are so utterly dependent on one striker.

Our other 3 strikers, as of last night, have 10 goals in 78 games for Hibs between them. We have added a 19 year old to assist with that. He could well turn out to be a star but what a pressure to put on a young lads shoulders.

This is the strategy I'm referring to... weirdly similar. It's called 'hope for the best'... (and hope no-one get's injured).

GGTTH07
02-09-2014, 08:34 PM
No doubt in my mind that deek would score a few in this league until farid is back. Tin hat oan.

Waxy
02-09-2014, 08:38 PM
No doubt in my mind that deek would score a few in this league until farid is back. Tin hat oan.Must have a bit of a beer belly now.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2014, 08:38 PM
No doubt in my mind that deek would score a few in this league until farid is back. Tin hat oan.

There was a doubt last season in Hartleys mind - that's why he wasn't offered a contract at Alloa.

MontrealHibs
02-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Looking at the list of available CFs, Clarkson Or Bright seem to be the only ones with decent scoring records.

I have said this before , Clarkson is not a goal scorer. He is a second striker, we have an army of them already we need a main striker.... A fit Gary O type :-)

Swedish hibee
02-09-2014, 08:58 PM

Wait for it!!! :duck:

West hamBERNIAN
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Hopefully we'll be looking abroad as well. Must be hundreds of players too look at.

Lago
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Wait for it!!! :duck:
Here we go another Deek thread.

Iain G
02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Here we go another Deek thread.

If the club are rummaging around in the bargain bins to find a striker, then anyone suggesting Deek is clearly out the back of the shop rummaging through the rejected stock pile...

CRAZYHIBBY
03-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Sounds like it's all set up for the return of the Riordan/O'Connor dream ticket

Id take both

The_Horde
03-09-2014, 09:26 AM
If the club are rummaging around in the bargain bins to find a striker, then anyone suggesting Deek is clearly out the back of the shop rummaging through the rejected stock pile...

I heard he's already in talks over a pay as you play deal.

Source - my dream the other night.

Paloschi
03-09-2014, 09:38 AM
This is like when you get an injury to two of your players and you are scrambling about the free agent bit on FM and thinking could Alvaro Recoba still do a job for us? :greengrin

Football Manager players will know what I'm talking about.

On a serious note what a shocking position to be in. Just sign McFadden and Riordan.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2014, 09:41 AM
;4156296']I heard he's already in talks over a pay as you play deal.

Source - my dream the other night.

i had a dream last night as well, hibs won a game. what was even more staggering was it was 3-0. we went ahead and stayed ahead.

bloody great night's kip.

Brightside
03-09-2014, 09:43 AM
If we actually do sign Roirdan then I'll happily join the demonstrators!!!

GreenPJ
03-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Id take both

We need to stop accusing the board of lacking vision when we still come out with this every few months.

Keith_M
03-09-2014, 09:48 AM
I hate to inject a potentially positive note into proceedings but....

A lot of players that are now out-of-contract may have been holding out for a particular (high) salary, one that we couldn't afford. Now that their bluff has been called, so to speak, I wonder if some of those players that we couldn't previously afford are now a bit more desperate and in our price range. That could potentially mean we can now afford a higher standard of Striker than we could before the end of TDD.

:duck:

Sorry :greengrin

The_Horde
03-09-2014, 10:22 AM
I hate to inject a potentially positive note into proceedings but....

A lot of players that are now out-of-contract may have been holding out for a particular (high) salary, one that we couldn't afford. Now that their bluff has been called, so to speak, I wonder if some of those players that we couldn't previously afford are now a bit more desperate and in our price range. That could potentially mean we can now afford a higher standard of Striker than we could before the end of TDD.

:duck:

Sorry :greengrin

Enough of that we're scraping the barrel remember! :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
;4156369']Enough of that we're scraping the barrel remember! :wink:

Do you think we’re not?!

The_Horde
03-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Do you think we’re not?!

I dunno. Will be in a better position to judge that when I see who we sign.

Farid was a free signing, didn't see anyone saying we were scraping the barrel then.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2014, 12:13 PM
;4156483']I dunno. Will be in a better position to judge that when I see who we sign.

Farid was a free signing, didn't see anyone saying we were scraping the barrel then.

Within the window. Now we're trying to sign someone that noone else wants.

Like Junior Agogo or someone.

Onceinawhile
03-09-2014, 12:21 PM
hugo almeida is free..

Keith_M
03-09-2014, 12:42 PM

Not necessarily. As I speculated, it might just be that some players were playing a game of Poker with their wage demands and lost.

I'm not saying that is the case with all of them, just that it's a possibility.

Fergus52
03-09-2014, 12:42 PM
'transfer strategy'? the last time we had a transfer strategy was the last time we were in this division.

you know what I meant; every agent will know we're after a striker now and will mug us off accordingly.

bingo70
03-09-2014, 12:46 PM
hugo almeida is free..

Is that the boy from 24?

Good series but no sure what he's like at football?

Bostonhibby
03-09-2014, 01:10 PM
i had a dream last night as well, hibs won a game. what was even more staggering was it was 3-0. we went ahead and stayed ahead.

bloody great night's kip.

:greengrin Did you record it? There's definitely a demand out there for rarities like this, who were we playing?

Marty-Hibee
03-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Is that the boy from 24?

Good series but no sure what he's like at football?

He's a Celtic fan as well, so no doubt if he done the business with us he'd be on the the M8 in no time.

SlickShoes
03-09-2014, 01:20 PM
He's a Celtic fan as well, so no doubt if he done the business with us he'd be on the the M8 in no time.

I'd gladly go back to the days of bigger teams pinching our players, because it would mean we actually have players that are playing well!

Marty-Hibee
03-09-2014, 01:40 PM
I'd gladly go back to the days of bigger teams pinching our players, because it would mean we actually have players that are playing well!

Likewise! However I don't think Jack Bauer's right-hand man is the answer nonetheless!

SlickShoes
03-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Likewise! However I don't think Jack Bauer's right-hand man is the answer nonetheless!

I think he could do a job

Crazyhorse
03-09-2014, 02:06 PM
you know what I meant; every agent will know we're after a striker now and will mug us off accordingly.

True :agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2014, 02:37 PM
:greengrin Did you record it? There's definitely a demand out there for rarities like this, who were we playing?

Stenhousemuir of all teams, strange I know. Stenny had eamon bannon in midfield though but he tore Liam Craig up for gas.

Elephant Stone
03-09-2014, 02:41 PM

Luckily for us every agent will be after a club. Let the mugging commence.

The_Horde
03-09-2014, 02:45 PM

Or like James McFadden?

Hamish
03-09-2014, 03:16 PM

Remember watching him coming on for the Dons at ER. All he did was give away free kicks.

truehibernian
03-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Not unless Heffernan and Cummings start scoring - really need our midfield to chip in a lot more with goals too, players like Stanton, McGeogh, Sinclair, Kennedy and Allan.....they are all very very capable of getting forward and scoring/creating.

Any word on the South African guy on trial ?

Scorrie
03-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Stenhousemuir of all teams, strange I know. Stenny had eamon bannon in midfield though but he tore Liam Craig up for gas.
Stenny? Did that mean we had been relegated...!

silverhibee
03-09-2014, 03:39 PM
There was a doubt last season in Hartleys mind - that's why he wasn't offered a contract at Alloa.

And then signed a contract with Alloa, what Hartley said was " Deek isn't 100% fit yet but he is working very hard in training to get fully fit, he then picked up a injury while at Alloa.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Stenny? Did that mean we had been relegated...!

They don't call me the octopus for nothing

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2014, 05:32 PM
;4156690']Or like James McFadden?

Yeah - like I said someone that no one else wants.

I will struggle to be convinced that this is a deliberate strategy from the club.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
And then signed a contract with Alloa, what Hartley said was " Deek isn't 100% fit yet but he is working very hard in training to get fully fit, he then picked up a injury while at Alloa.

Sorry SH I didn't realise. Is he still on their books?

West hamBERNIAN
03-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah - like I said someone that no one else wants.

I will struggle to be convinced that this is a deliberate strategy from the club.

Tbf ronaldinho is still a free agent and I bet there's a few that want him. Would imagine faddy is also looking for somewhere he thinks would be perfect.

Danderhall Hibs
03-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Tbf ronaldinho is still a free agent and I bet there's a few that want him. Would imagine faddy is also looking for somewhere he thinks would be perfect.

He's been waiting a long time. Not quite as long as Derek Riordans taking to "choose" his next club but still a while since Motherwell punted him.

reidy
03-09-2014, 06:41 PM
What's kuqi doing these days?

Ronniekirk
03-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Not unless Heffernan and Cummings start scoring - really need our midfield to chip in a lot more with goals too, players like Stanton, McGeogh, Sinclair, Kennedy and Allan.....they are all very very capable of getting forward and scoring/creating.

Any word on the South African guy on trial ?

Doesn't have a leg to stand on . Guilty allegedley .apologies couldn't resist that one

Bronson
03-09-2014, 07:39 PM
User Actions
Follow

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/439080238685769728/p2GNEDNo_bigger.jpegJamie Borthwick‏@jamiekborthwick (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick)

I've got the Edinburgh Sport desk on STV News at 6 - we hear from Stephen Gallacher, Hibs hold talks with target and Celtic/Guidetti latest.

Anyone know who said target is?

bingo70
03-09-2014, 07:42 PM
User Actions
Follow

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/439080238685769728/p2GNEDNo_bigger.jpegJamie Borthwick‏@jamiekborthwick (https://twitter.com/jamiekborthwick)

I've got the Edinburgh Sport desk on STV News at 6 - we hear from Stephen Gallacher, Hibs hold talks with target and Celtic/Guidetti latest.

Think there's been a couple names mentioned on the bounce, cannae mind who though

Bostonhibby
03-09-2014, 07:45 PM

That figures, Did Craig get booked for mumping at the ref?

Eammon Bannon, top player and good guy.

West hamBERNIAN
03-09-2014, 08:07 PM
He's been waiting a long time. Not quite as long as Derek Riordans taking to "choose" his next club but still a while since Motherwell punted him.

Yeah I know, maybe clubs have been asking to see him train and he's been turning his nose up, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be like Stephen Glass was. However if it happened I'd have every confidence Stubbs was convinced he'd add something. Maybe there's someone out there that would be interested in a George Best contract?

davcar
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Think there's been a couple names mentioned on the bounce, cannae mind who though

Lewis Toshney ( RB/CH) was mentioned as was a striker no name on STV news

dunfyhibby
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM
User Actions
Follow

On Stv news earlier that Stubbs was speaking to lewis toshney, ex celtic and Dundee, I think! Can play centre back but I would think its cover for Gray as he can play right back.

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 08:13 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/290497-hibernian-join-hearts-in-race-to-sign-ex-celtic-defender-lewis-toshney/

cleanyman
03-09-2014, 08:15 PM
He's been injured for a year.

bingo70
03-09-2014, 08:17 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/290497-hibernian-join-hearts-in-race-to-sign-ex-celtic-defender-lewis-toshney/

Remember watching him for Dundee when I heard we were interested a while ago. If it's the guy I think it is he was rubbish.

I'm confident Stubbs won't buy him though If he's as bad as I remember, hopefully he just had a bad game that time.

JimBHibees
03-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Remember watching him for Dundee when I heard we were interested a while ago. If it's the guy I think it is he was rubbish.

I'm confident Stubbs won't buy him though If he's as bad as I remember, hopefully he just had a bad game that time.

Could be reasonable defensive cover as can play full back as well as centre back. Didn't think he was that bad.

Jonnyboy
03-09-2014, 08:23 PM

Well at least you've seen him before saying he's rubbish :greengrin

Hiber-nation
03-09-2014, 08:25 PM

That was him alright, I remember it being discussed on here. Highly rated but had a 'mare.