PDA

View Full Version : Dear Leanne Dempster

1two
02-09-2014, 08:50 AM
This isnt some sort of open letter, its just the best way I can put across my thoughts on current situation and the forthcoming Consultations process.

Survey Question - “What is your priority for the club to consider?”

Shortly after you arrived here in May you had a meeting with various supporters groups, in the stadium, at which time a protest was conducted outside the stadium.
Since then you’ve officially met with supporters on at least 2 other occasions that I am aware of, via the ‘Work Together’ group or similar.
We are all aware of your communications with individual supporters and the wider fan base.

This has been very positive – especially compared to the past 5, 10, 15 years of zero communications from your predecessors.

During this time and all these visits you’ve no doubt heard the expectations from a healthy percentage of our support base. Whilst these expectations may vary slightly in the way they are put across, they are largely the same in content.
“On Field Success”
“A football team to be proud of”

That is our priority – not as Hibernian supporters but as football supporters.

If this is the question you’re looking to get answered through the fans consultation then it needs to asked - who have you been listening to for the last 4 months?

Whilst this is a new club to you with new challenges and new problems from your last post, it’s the same Crap we’ve been dealing with for the last 7-8 years.

We’ve been in decline for far too long. We don’t demand success. We’ve never (recently or in the last 40 years) had a regularly successful period that would allow us to demand it. However, we do demand better than our current situation. As comical as it sounds at the moment, regular top half Premier League finishes, challenging for European placing’s and cup runs are not unreasonable expectations when comparing our club with other Scottish clubs;
Size of supporter base
Price charged for season tickets
Regular home attendances

What do you intend to do to resolve our current problems?

Other than some PR exercise, what purpose do these ‘consultations’ serve?

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Well put across and I like what you have to say in the most part. However, we have to realise that the problems within our club will be no quick fix. It will take years rather than months. There's no doubt that it's hard to be patient, but the club has to change its whole culture. I firmly believe that LD will make that happen but it will take years to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gorf
02-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Well put across and I like what you have to say in the most part. However, we have to realise that the problems within our club will be no quick fix. It will take years rather than months. There's no doubt that it's hard to be patient, but the club has to change its whole culture. I firmly believe that LD will make that happen but it will take years to build.

And then when it doesn't happen in a few years time, what then? A "get Dempster out" campaign?

MrSmith
02-09-2014, 09:05 AM

We've spent seven years waiting on and promised change!

gegs70
02-09-2014, 09:10 AM
We need stability if we want to start rebuilding. We have brought in far too many loanees that will more than likely leave the club at the end of the season or earlier. We are bringing in other teams youth players when we need experienced players to help our youth players. If alguie is out long term we need to add another forward...if we can't score goals we can't win games we saw that last season.

Comment above are exactly my thoughts come on hibs we are making the same mistakes season after season. Not good enough by a country mile!

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Dear Ms Dempster,

When you arrived we called you Lee-Ann, and some of us swooned when your name was mentioned.

Now we are calling you LD, or even "Dempster".

Where did it all go wrong?

yours in sport

Adrian Mole (52 3/4).

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=MrSmith;4154445]We've spent seven years waiting on and promised change![/

There has to be a culture change at the club. The culture of the club for the last 7 years or so must, and will change. We have been promised change for long enough. However, with the arrival of Dempster I do believe that we will see genuine change. To some up, in 7 years time, I think Hibs will be a very different club, and for the better at that!

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 10:23 AM
And then when it doesn't happen in a few years time, what then? A "get Dempster out" campaign?

I firmly believe that Dempster will make big changes at Hibs for the better. I have absolute confidence in LD. We have to be patient though, as the amount of change required will take years to come to fruition. P.s I understand how annoying it is having to be patient, but we where we are.

JustSimplyHibs
02-09-2014, 12:05 PM
I firmly believe that Dempster will make big changes at Hibs for the better. I have absolute confidence in LD. We have to be patient though, as the amount of change required will take years to come to fruition. P.s I understand how annoying it is having to be patient, but we where we are.

And in two years time when we are in the 1st division; will fellow supporters still be asking their peers who are demanding change at bardroom level to be patient, AGAIN?!?!?!?!

Beefster
02-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Dear Ms Dempster,

When you arrived we called you Lee-Ann, and some of us swooned when your name was mentioned.

Now we are calling you LD, or even "Dempster".

Where did it all go wrong?

yours in sport

Adrian Mole (52 3/4).

Only the dafties who get all giggly in the presence of any female called her 'Leeann'. Us real men always called her 'Dempster'.

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 12:09 PM
In all truth it seems like you are completely writing us of from the start. Although I'm saying that for us to turn the club around it will take a period of years, I'm not saying that there won't be progress in between that. The club has only began significant change once LD got here. Before that was just the usual Petrie bull****.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Only the dafties who get all giggly in the presence of any female called her 'Leeann'. Us real men always called her 'Dempster'.

No point in mixing up skirt with business, is there? I take it LD is the preferred term for the metrosexual poster then.

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with "Kylie" but the boo boys shouted it down.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 12:14 PM
In all truth it seems like you are completely writing us of from the start. Although I'm saying that for us to turn the club around it will take a period of years, I'm not saying that there won't be progress in between that. The club has only began significant change once LD got here. Before that was just the usual Petrie bull****.

The only significant change has been the name of the CEO.

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 01:14 PM
The only significant change has been the name of the CEO.

We have a completely new management team, who have a completely different football ethos. They are installing a passing football mentality throughout, not just the first team, but at every level. We will install a consistent style of football that kids will play in the under 12s, right through to the first team. The youth academy and scouting system is being changed to fit in with this. In a football sense, we are making big changes. However, we won't see real results for 4 or 5 years. By results I mean seeing Hibs archive top halve finishes in the top division regularly, pushing for Europe, and a cup run here and there. Things are a bleak at the moment, but I am optimistic for the future. Hibs are doing the right things. We just need STF and RP to step aside

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 01:33 PM
No point in mixing up skirt with business, is there? I take it LD is the preferred term for the metrosexual poster then.

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with "Kylie" but the boo boys shouted it down.

Just now, she really does need the other half of her duo, 'Makepeace'.

p.s. I always found it boak inducing the number of people that referred to her as Leeann. I prefer the much more formal 'Ms Dempster'.

BSEJVT
02-09-2014, 01:36 PM
We have a completely new management team, who have a completely different football ethos. They are installing a passing football mentality throughout, not just the first team, but at every level. We will install a consistent style of football that kids will play in the under 12s, right through to the first team. The youth academy and scouting system is being changed to fit in with this. In a football sense, we are making big changes. However, we won't see real results for 4 or 5 years. By results I mean seeing Hibs archive top halve finishes in the top division regularly, pushing for Europe, and a cup run here and there. Things are a bleak at the moment, but I am optimistic for the future. Hibs are doing the right things. We just need STF and RP to step aside

Fwiw I very much hope you are right

My fear is that by that time there wont be anyone left to see it.

A greater fear is that the cost base we have built for ourselves ER, East mains and our new all singing and dancing backroom regime both on and off the field will cause the financial destruction of the club a long time before that.

We have simply got to show tangible signs of progress this year to keep the support engaged.

This year will be a disaster financially with next year shaping up far far worse already

There is a limit to how far our Bankers will let matters deteriorate.

Crazyhorse
02-09-2014, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=MrSmith;4154445]We've spent seven years waiting on and promised change![/

There has to be a culture change at the club. The culture of the club for the last 7 years or so must, and will change. We have been promised change for long enough. However, with the arrival of Dempster I do believe that we will see genuine change. To some up, in 7 years time, I think Hibs will be a very different club, and for the better at that!

You mean we should 'just believe'.

Danderhall Hibs
02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Just now, she really does need the other half of her duo, 'Makepeace'.

p.s. I always found it boak inducing the number of people that referred to her as Leeann. I prefer the much more formal 'Ms Dempster'.

I think I prefer the original name coined for her: "the girl".

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 03:19 PM

They were already doing this before Stubbs walked in the door, the only team that played hoofball was the 1st team. They were losing last season punting the ball into the corners, we are losing this season but its easier on the eye.

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Fwiw I very much hope you are right

My fear i s that by that time there wont be anyone left to see it.

A greater fear is that the cost base we have built for ourselves ER, East mains and our new all singing and dancing backroom regime both on and off the field will cause the financial destruction of the club a long time before that.

We have simply got to show tangible signs of progress this year to keep the support engaged.

This year will be a disaster financially with next year shaping up far far worse already

There is a limit to how far our Bankers will let matters deteriorate.

Totally agree that attendances dropping is a real problem, and another year in the championship is not going to help. I just hope the fans can recognise the positive changes being made, and we can start moving in a positive direction. If there is one thing that we all agree on, it's getting Hibs moving in the right direction again!

ekhibee
02-09-2014, 03:53 PM

I can appreciate you trying to put a positive spin on things jasmith1875, but we seem to get promised things regularly, particularly roundabout ST renewal time. In honesty I don't think there will be many who see the 'real results' you're forecasting in 4 or 5 years, cos nobody will be there to see them!

E10 Rifle
02-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I can appreciate you trying to put a positive spin on things jasmith1875, but we seem to get promised things regularly, particularly roundabout ST renewal time. In honesty I don't think there will be many who see the 'real results' you're forecasting in 4 or 5 years, cos nobody will be there to see them!

Agree 4-5 years is far too long. I would reckon very few of us, if any, when starting a new job are given 4-5 years to turn things around.

We're talking about a club in the Championship so the job interview would have had (all just in my view);

No.1 priority - Promotion in one season. Nothing else

No.2 priority - Stay in the Premier League

No.3 priority - A root and branch review of the coaching structure in order to develop and bring through youngsters who will ultimately be for sale at a substantial profit to the club

No.4 priority - Demonstrate a response to the club fans consultations on playing style and footballing wishes - but that may require 1,2 and 3 to be achieved first (although not necessarily, but this will be down the list of priorities).

I would reckon 24 months was the given period and promotion along with current financial prudence and future profit generation will be the key success measures. These are all measurable and style will be an aside as it is subjective (possibly reflected in season ticket sales but that won't be the only factor at play there)

Few businesses would allow 4-5 years for that to happen and no young, ambitious manager would (in my view) come with the idea of staying in the Championship beyond one season. If they did - we wouldn't have hired them.

He will have to deliver this whatever the financial climate is or disinterest from above...or he'll be out. That's football and unfortunately that is currently Hibs...in my view.

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 05:08 PM

To be honest, the only time I have seen change is since LD has come in. anything prior to that has just been Petrie bull****. However, to keep with the tone of my previous posts, I'll have some hope that the hibs faithful will recognise the positive change as we go, and keep supporting the team. Also remember the fact that although it may take a while to get some real solid results out of the changes made, it doesn't mean that there won't be noticeable improvements made along the way.

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Agree 4-5 years is far too long. I would reckon very few of us, if any, when starting a new job are given 4-5 years to turn things around.

We're talking about a club in the Championship so the job interview would have had (all just in my view);

No.1 priority - Promotion in one season. Nothing else

No.2 priority - Stay in the Premier League

No.3 priority - A root and branch review of the coaching structure in order to develop and bring through youngsters who will ultimately be for sale at a substantial profit to the club

No.4 priority - Demonstrate a response to the club fans consultations on playing style and footballing wishes - but that may require 1,2 and 3 to be achieved first (although not necessarily, but this will be down the list of priorities).

I would reckon 24 months was the given period and promotion along with current financial prudence and future profit generation will be the key success measures. These are all measurable and style will be an aside as it is subjective (possibly reflected in season ticket sales but that won't be the only factor at play there)

Few businesses would allow 4-5 years for that to happen and no young, ambitious manager would (in my view) come with the idea of staying in the Championship beyond one season. If they did - we wouldn't have hired them.

He will have to deliver this whatever the financial climate is or disinterest from above...or he'll be out. That's football and unfortunately that is currently Hibs...in my view.

I'm not suggesting that we should stay in the championship for the next 4-5 years( sorry if it came across that way). What I mean is that it will take us that long to get to a point where a realistic ambition for the club would be regularly finishing in the top half of the top division consistently, challenging for European spots, and the odd cup run. I would allow us 2 years to gain promotion though, as there can be no doubt, that out of the three main teams in the championship ( us, them and the Huns) we are very much third best

Cropley10
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

Looking at the actions of the new CEO, objectively, it would appear (to this observer anyway) that we're being run in precisely the same fashion as were by her predecessor

And can I just add:

Spartans tie-up, Craig & May coming in behind the scenes were all in plan before TB was emptied.

Lots of words - very little (if any) difference :hmmm: