PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's supporters meeting

Pages : [1] 2

Hibs History
02-09-2014, 08:21 AM
If (like me) you're going to the supporters meeting tonight - what should we expect?

I thought the timing of the meeting last night was poor considering the the transfer deadline

The dust has nowhere near settled and it could be a a real powder keg situation

I hope the fans have composure with the passion we obviously all hold for our club

GGTTH

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Strong words are needed tonight, very strong words, but as always we need a vote of no confidence with our bums on seats at ER not sipping a lager in the comfort of a club.

spike220
02-09-2014, 08:34 AM
If (like me) you're going to the supporters meeting tonight - what should we expect?

I thought the timing of the meeting last night was poor considering the the transfer deadline

The dust has nowhere near settled and it could be a a real powder keg situation

I hope the fans have composure with the passion we obviously all hold for our club

GGTTH

I think the lid on the chocolate cookie jar will be firmly closed, at best I think you could expect plain digestive biscuits (and they will probably be the ASDA own brand ones too!)

NW
02-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Can somebody ask how the 'well society' is doing and if LD would deem it a success?

Ronniekirk
02-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Can somebody ask how the 'well society' is doing and if LD would deem it a success?
Think it's been talked about on radio on tam Cowan show and it's clearly not been a resounding success and he should know given he is a well fan.

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Think it's been talked about on radio on tam Cowan show and it's clearly not been a resounding success and he should know given he is a well fan.

he knows that...he is making a, not so subtle, point....

NW
02-09-2014, 08:51 AM

But important as her history of fan involvement and budgets is not good

Tom Hart RIP
02-09-2014, 09:14 AM
I was at the meeting which was to gauge interest in either fan representatives (2) on the board or a fan takeover. She have examples of Hearts, Dunfermline, Motherwell and Germany.
During meeting her phone rang 5/6 times and she said it was George Craig.
She said that she had been subject to considerable abuse verbal and written since Saturday but she also said that the board and management had been working flat out to
Replace Farid who will be out for about 8 months.
I left convinced that we would hAve a signing last night but it must have fallen through.
She did say that the signings could be made after the window.

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 09:15 AM

a cheap shot at that....and here's me thinking you were trying to rise above all that...

NW
02-09-2014, 09:19 AM
a cheap shot at that....and here's me thinking you were trying to rise above all that...

I would say it's probably correct and very important. I have no idea what she has done that people enthuse over so much.

marinello59
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Seems it's personal with you and our CEO.

NW
02-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Seems it's personal with you and our CEO.

Is my question not relevant and pertinent ? A simple yes or no will do

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Please be polite and respectful but don't let Ms Dempster sugar coat the fiasco that is Hibs at the moment. She will have read the boards, be aware of the feelings and will have her responses ready, don't fall for it.

marinello59
02-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Is my question not relevant and pertinent ? A simple yes or no will do

Does the matter answer? Your mind is made up, you have been running with this for weeks now.

lucky
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM
I've emailed them to say I'm no longer interested in their spin and won't be attending this evening, so there's a place available for someone who is still a believer or someone who wants to hear the spin directly

green&left
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Success as in they have two fans on the board.

Unsuccessful as in they have only raised around half (700k) of the £1.5m they wanted too.

marinello59
02-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Please be polite and respectful but don't let Ms Dempster sugar coat the fiasco that is Hibs at the moment. She will have read the boards, be aware of the feelings and will have her responses ready, don't fall for it.

It would take the entire contents of Tate and Lyle's warehouse to sugar coat this mess.

marinello59
02-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Success as in they have two fans on the board.

Unsuccessful as in they have only raised around half (700k) of the £1.5m they wanted too.

So the club there did it's part but the fans didn't? Or is that too simplistic?
If we do go down the fan ownership route, (I am still hoping that Kano can get a bid together), the onus really will be on ourselves.

SlickShoes
02-09-2014, 09:35 AM
It's the fans fault we didnt back them so we deserve this mess we are left with, if it wasn't for us the club would be fine!

Baldy Foghorn
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Still think we will sign a striker prior to our next game

green&left
02-09-2014, 09:40 AM
So the club there did it's part but the fans didn't? Or is that too simplistic?
If we do go down the fan ownership route, (I am still hoping that Kano can get a bid together), the onus really will be on ourselves.

In a nutshell Boyle who owns 70% (I think) wanted out. Was gifting his shares to the Society. Think they needed £1.5m raised now they wouldn't have a wealthy owner to guarantee any loans etc. Up until Leanne left they raised £500k although i think through the summer they announced a further £200k had been raised.

Plenty enthusiasm to start with but dried up a bit. I may have been reading into it wrong however I think the Well Society was collecting one of donations which sounds unsustainable. Not many folk out there can afford to chuck £300 in a oner, after a £350 season ticket but i'd imagine plenty could spare £20 a month over a longer period of time.

If any of that is wrong feel free to correct me.

Dunno if Collin who was chairing the meeting will be posting any notes up once all three meetings have taken place?

millarco
02-09-2014, 10:46 AM
In a nutshell Boyle who owns 70% (I think) wanted out. Was gifting his shares to the Society. Think they needed £1.5m raised now they wouldn't have a wealthy owner to guarantee any loans etc. Up until Leanne left they raised £500k although i think through the summer they announced a further £200k had been raised.

Plenty enthusiasm to start with but dried up a bit. I may have been reading into it wrong however I think the Well Society was collecting one of donations which sounds unsustainable. Not many folk out there can afford to chuck £300 in a oner, after a £350 season ticket but i'd imagine plenty could spare £20 a month over a longer period of time.

If any of that is wrong feel free to correct me.

Dunno if Collin who was chairing the meeting will be posting any notes up once all three meetings have taken place?

I'll be posting a summary up on the official website and on here, started typing one up for here last night but thought it would be better just to leave it until all 3 had happened. There's a few comments on the other thread that captures much of what's been discussed.

On the Well Society point the impression I get is that, as mentioned above, the appetite wasn't there from the supporters for ownership. A big part of this process is to start to gauge whether there's an appetite amongst supporters for ownership in one of its many forms, or whether representation is more of a priority (or both).

We're in a similar position to Motherwell in the sense that there's no administration-enforced deadline, so we have time to work out a model that fits best with what the supporters want.

P.S. Just checked the subscription model for the Well Society, was an initial membership fee plus annual subscription at different levels. http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/join-the-society/

Deansy
02-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Ask what's happened to the surplus generated by the SPL ST prices ?. As all 8 of our new signings (4 loanees ffs !!) didn't cost the club a penny it makes the decision to keep the prices to last season's levels redundant as the club hasn't had any outlay to make so - where's the money ?

MB62
02-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Reading this thread, and others, I am getting the impression that LD is now being blamed for all our ills over the past 10 - 20 years, (job done as far as RP is concerned then).

LD is hardly in the door and cannot change our mess in such a short period of time. Ok, she feeds us the usual sound bites from the board, if you're daft enough to believe and fall for all of it then you deserve what you get.

Change that will make a difference will take time, unfortunately, time is not on our side, or hers.

I'm prepared to give LD a chance but it would be good to hear the truth, as hurtful as it might be, rather than just feeding us propaganda from stemming from RP etc.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Ask what's happened to the surplus generated by the SPL ST prices ?. As all 8 of our new signings (4 loanees ffs !!) didn't cost the club a penny it makes the decision to keep the prices to last season's levels redundant as the club hasn't had any outlay to make so - where's the money ?

i'm sure i read that it costs the club money housing the players and paying a percentage of their salaries

ronaldo7
02-09-2014, 10:52 AM

You really need to think that one through.

Accommodation, signing on fee for starters. I don't believe the cash has all gone but to say they've not had any outlay is silly.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 10:54 AM
i'm sure i read that it costs the club money housing the players and paying a percentage of their salaries

Would i be right in thinking that paying their wages and also paying their accommodation could in fact be more expensive than actually buying a player outright?

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I was at the meeting which was to gauge interest in either fan representatives (2) on the board or a fan takeover. She have examples of Hearts, Dunfermline, Motherwell and Germany.
During meeting her phone rang 5/6 times and she said it was George Craig.
She said that she had been subject to considerable abuse verbal and written since Saturday but she also said that the board and management had been working flat out to
Replace Farid who will be out for about 8 months.
I left convinced that we would hAve a signing last night but it must have fallen through.
She did say that the signings could be made after the window.

If true that is simply disgusting.

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm not really sure what the point is of these meetings. The ONLY thing I want to see addressed at our Club is the lack of success on the pitch.

I can imagine the scenario now:

-- Fans raise concerns over current situation and claim the club have no ambition;

-- Dempster says we have ambition and just need a bit patience/trust in the Manager/we're all in this together/El Alagui injury could not have been predicted, etc, etc;

-- Fans go home p*ssed off;

-- We lose our next match.

Thank you to SlickShoes for pointing out we don't play this Saturday :wink:

SlickShoes
02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm not really sure what the point is of these meetings. The ONLY thing I want to see addressed at our Club is the lack of success on the pitch.

I can imagine the scenario now:

-- Fans raise concerns over current situation and claim the club have no ambition;

-- Dempster says we have ambition and just need a bit patience/trust in the Manager/we're all in this together/El Alagui injury could not have been predicted, etc, etc;

-- Fans go home p*ssed off;

-- We lose again on Saturday

Luckily there is no game this weekend!

Tom Hart RIP
02-09-2014, 11:06 AM

Someone asked her about this and she got angry pointing out that the players cost a lot if money on wages and accommodation costs.
She insists that we will make a significant loss thus year spending money we don't have to try and get up.

Colr
02-09-2014, 11:09 AM

I must dig out "Golden Gordon" sometime, if any of you remember Ripping Yarns.

NW
02-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Can someone ask why when our season started on 5 August we are still not ready

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Luckily there is no game this weekend!

Cheers, now amended.

:wink:

You really think I would actually have remembered this myself, as I'm going to the International on Saturday :greengrin

Colr
02-09-2014, 11:22 AM
I must dig out "Golden Gordon" sometime, if any of you remember Ripping Yarns.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7qzjUMDmA

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Cheers, now amended.

You really think I would actually have remembered this myself, as I'm going to the International on Saturday :greengrin

you should go to the game on sunday instead :)

puff the dragon
02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
This meeting and others like it have been rolled out by the current management a few times in recent times and nothing changes so don't expect anything to here. They are just paying lip service to the fans.

It's become apparent that the only change that has happened in the summer is that Petrie has appointed a new puppet. He's still pulling the strings and the 'transfer activity' over the summer proves it. Very unimpressed with the new CEO, I predict she'll be gone by the end of the season with Petrie back where he left off.

johnbc70
02-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Someone asked her about this and she got angry pointing out that the players cost a lot if money on wages and accommodation costs.
She insists that we will make a significant loss thus year spending money we don't have to try and get up.

So we signed 4 guys on loan and ok maybe we have to pay accommodation costs for them but say an average rent of £1000 a month then for the 4 that's £48K a year. Give them a generous salary of £2K month then that's £96K. So not quite £150K a year, not sure what the player budget is but how the club can claim the loans are anything other than a small percentage of the overall budget is beyond me. Someone needs to question or probe this further as does not add up.

ackeygraham
02-09-2014, 11:39 AM

Accommodation costs? I believe that the sale of the land behind the old terracing and the building of houses ( of which i'm no doubt sure STF & RP got their pockets line with no cash back to hibs) they have some houses in there. I would know as i rented their for a year and seen a few hibs players reside there, one being Sparky when he came back up the road from Wolves.

Beefster
02-09-2014, 11:40 AM

I would say it's probably correct and very important. I have no idea what she has done that people enthuse over so much.

At least we know what her history and experience is. If anyone else that wants to drive change at Hibs fancies telling us their (and those they're working with) history and experience, I'm sure we'd all listen.

Wheat Hound
02-09-2014, 11:43 AM
I take it that it's too late to get an invite for tonight?

DaveF
02-09-2014, 11:59 AM

We've been trying to get up, have we? :rolleyes:

loanheadhibby
02-09-2014, 12:09 PM

I would like someone to ask her if she would now consider herself to be out of her depth?

Giving the fact it is now 2nd September and we are no where near ready, is the job too big for her?

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I would like someone to ask her if she would now consider herself to be out of her depth?

Giving the fact it is now 2nd September and we are no where near ready, is the job too big for her?

Yeah, she's had a whole 3 MONTHS, to restructure the club from top to bottom while dealing with relegation and the subsequent budget cuts that still looked unlikely when she accepted the job. :rolleyes:

HappyAsHellas
02-09-2014, 12:20 PM

She has come into our club, a club that was treading water at best, and set about trying to change things. The first priority was the coaching staff, and putting our facilities to their intended use. We will not see the benefits of this on the pitch for a few years, but it should be worth waiting for. She said she would have meetings with the fans to discover what is best for the club, to take it into the future. That is what she is doing now. I can't imagine anyone could turn Hibs round in a month or two. If she does it in two years I'll be impressed. It is of course, incredibly easy to say she is Petrie's puppet and we've heard it all before. Perhaps someone would post the minutes of previous meetings when the fans have been asked for their input concerning the running of the club. If you are so naive as to compare our fan base with that of Motherwell, then you shouldn't really be flinging mud at people. We are at last being asked our opinions about the running of our club, yet some people see this as another reason to put the boot in. What do you really expect her to do? Sit in her ivory tower trying to ignore abuse from some so called fans, or meet them face to face? The more important question would be - what is your agenda?

HFC 0-7
02-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah, she's had a whole 3 MONTHS, to restructure the club from top to bottom while dealing with relegation and the subsequent budget cuts that still looked unlikely when she accepted the job. :rolleyes:

Thats the issue, trying to change the club from top to bottom! She should have focused on the playing staff to get us back into the top flight, that's all she should have been focussing on! It will be easier to start tackling all the other stuff when ticket sales increase, income increases a general better feeling about the club, rather than pissing off the fans more, decreasing chances to gain promotion and reducing income. It would be interesting to see how she is planning this restructure. Is she planning on it happening from the championship or the premiership. If it's the championship, she has lied to us. If it's the premiership then she is failing as there isn't that much chance we will get promoted with this squad.

JustSimplyHibs
02-09-2014, 12:24 PM

Sorry ma man but that is an irrelavance now... Stubbs has been here for 80 odd days, Dempster a while longer. We've released 25 players with only a handful of loanees coming in and a couple of contract signings.

Forwards should have been identified before the 2nd week of the season and signed up by last night. Far to late IMO no matter what drivel Dempster or, the board spout.

marinello59
02-09-2014, 12:25 PM

If we want change/answers etc then you are going after the wrong target there. Only one person can really provide answers and they have chosen to remain completely silent.

loanheadhibby
02-09-2014, 12:25 PM

restructuring the whole club! Can she not multi task.

Up until 1st September her only concern should be player recruitment. So either she has failed miserably or her appointment, George Craig has failed miserably. Unless you are happy with the current state of our 1st team squad?

loanheadhibby
02-09-2014, 12:27 PM
If we want change/answers etc then you are going after the wrong target there. Only one person can really provide answers and they have chosen to remain completely silent.

well she is nothing more than a stooge and therefore has failed her job miserably?

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Thats the issue, trying to change the club from top to bottom! She should have focused on the playing staff to get us back into the top flight, that's all she should have been focussing on! It will be easier to start tackling all the other stuff when ticket sales increase, income increases a general better feeling about the club, rather than pissing off the fans more, decreasing chances to gain promotion and reducing income. It would be interesting to see how she is planning this restructure. Is she planning on it happening from the championship or the premiership. If it's the championship, she has lied to us. If it's the premiership then she is failing as there isn't that much chance we will get promoted with this squad.

A lot of people seem to know how to do her job better than she does,

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 12:33 PM
I've emailed them to say I'm no longer interested in their spin and won't be attending this evening, so there's a place available for someone who is still a believer or someone who wants to hear the spin directly

Pity you have decided not to go. A great opportunity for you to voice your opinion, concerns, wishes etc/..

Lucius Apuleius
02-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Sorry ma man but that is an irrelavance now... Stubbs has been here for 80 odd days, Dempster a while longer. We've released 25 players with only a handful of loanees coming in and a couple of contract signings.

Forwards should have been identified before the 2nd week of the season and signed up by last night. Far to late IMO no matter what drivel Dempster or, the board spout.

How many of the 25 would have been first team choices and how any of the eight coming in will be first team choices?

proud_and_green
02-09-2014, 12:34 PM

We'll lose even more if we don't get up this year which i cannot see happening on current showings.

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Dear oh dear, give her a chance. Lets see how the players do and while I am sure most would have expected more in terms of signing it isnt beyond the realms of possibility that the manager is able to put together a decent young team. We need to get much more out of the players that are there especially the ones who managed to get us relegated. The signings to me have been good however could have done with more.

marinello59
well she is nothing more than a stooge and therefore has failed her job miserably?

Other than mere personal abuse towards her that doesn't actually make any sense. Misdirected anger will change nothing.

HFC 0-7
A lot of people seem to know how to do her job better than she does,

And the the same line was trotted out just after previous ceo's or managers within hibs started failing. They turned out to be true. Why do people have so much blind faith in the board at hibs when they are experts in getting it wrong? Leanne may be very capable but it doesn't look like she is delivering in one of her goals, to create a team capable of winning the championship. She told us that, she told us she had full control. I suspect she doesn't have as much control as she thought, or, she never appreciated the scale of the task. Either way it's her fault.

JustSimplyHibs
02-09-2014, 12:42 PM
How many of the 25 would have been first team choices and how any of the eight coming in will be first team choices?

None would have been my choice however here is a list of players for so take your pick.

Complete list from the BBC:
James Collins, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27698003) forward (Shrewsbury Town, undisclosed); Kevin Thomson, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27629572) midfielder (Dundee); James McPake, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/Kevin%20Thomson,) defender (Dundee); Paul Cairney, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28091890) midfielder (Kilmarnock); Ross Caldwell, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28297149) forward (St Mirren); Ryan McGivern, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28093952) defender (Port Vale); Alan Maybury, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28147322) defender (Falkirk); Tom Taiwo, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28147322) midfielder (Falkirk); Bradley Donaldson, defender (Livingston); Ryan Baptie, defender (Inverness Caledonian Thistle); Ben Williams, goalkeeper (Bradford City); Paul Grant, goalkeeper (Livingston); Robert Wilson, defender (Airdrieonians); Jay Doyle, forward (East Stirlingshire); Dean Horribine, midfielder (Berwick Rangers); David Gold, midfielder (Berwick Rangers); Euan Bauld, defender (Berwick Rangers); Sean Murdoch, goalkeeper, Euan Smith, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28692881) midfielder (Kilmarnock). Michael Nelson (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28935343) (Cambridge Utd) Loan ended: Daniel Boateng, defender (Arsenal); Danny Haynes, forward (Notts County); Duncan Watmore, midfielder (Sunderland).

Looks like a fair few have found clubs and are probably main stays.

proud_and_green
02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
And the the same line was trotted out just after previous ceo's or managers within hibs started failing. They turned out to be true. Why do people have so much blind faith in the board at hibs when they are experts in getting it wrong? Leanne may be very capable but it doesn't look like she is delivering in one of her goals, to create a team capable of winning the championship. She told us that, she told us she had full control. I suspect she doesn't have as much control as she thought, or, she never appreciated the scale of the task. Either way it's her fault.

I am intrigued as to what LD is thinking now. There she is having left Motherwell - a club doing well - to come here to a club which needs a lot of work on it and apparently with some form of promise that she would be in charge. She then stands up and says that she is going to change the way the club is run and, to be fair there were indications that work was started. I then compare that with the evidence that we need to overhaul the playing staff and bring in new players against the reality of what has actually transpired. We have not seen any change in results all be it we play with a bit more style en route to the same results as last year and we still can't score goals, the midfield can't keep the ball and the defence is powderpuff soft in front of a worse keeper than last year.

Where is the improvement?

If LD meant everything she said when she came in, ie she's in charge, then this must be part of her plan for the club, in which case no change from RP

if she is is not behind this less than inspiring transfer window, then can we assume that she will not be happy by the turn of events and shortly see her depart the club on the grounds that she wasn't actually given the freedom to run it that she expected.

Either way, i cannot see that this is a very good time for the club - regardless of what is happening on the pitch. LD is either Rod in disguise or simply a patsy for Rod.

The last few years i have renewed my season ticket optimistically and against the argument of the evidence in front of me, i am fed up with it and suspect i will struggle to look blindly past the evidence and renew again!

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 12:47 PM

OK sack the lot of them and start again. :rolleyes:

smurf
02-09-2014, 12:50 PM

I've done likewise. I'm too angry to attend.

Dear Leeann Dempster,

I thank you for your invitation to the 'Hibernian Supporters Consultation'.

With regret I have decided not to attend. I have no interest in listening to liars. The custodians of this club have yet again betrayed our confidence.

Furthermore I gather Mr David Forsyth is in attendance at these meetings discussing future ownership as Rome burns. His attendance and continued patronising input tells every supporter all we need to know about the continuing disrespect for Hibernian supporters from the top of the club.

"Wind of change" was promised. Where is it? Then we were told that our inflated Season Ticket charges would remain so the maximum budget could be given to the latest managerial appointment set up to fail and be the fall guy. The business concluded throughout this window is confirmation that the club has no ambition to seriously compete for promotion.

I deeply regret purchasing the season tickets I did for me and my son. I suspect that you will find many others feel likewise. It is so sad that thanks to the best efforts of our clubs custodians we are now a club with a completely disenfranchised support base. Those who reluctantly bought season tickets and now regret doing so and the thousands staying away.

The current status doesn't lie. The club is currently in its worse league position in its history.

Shame on the lot of you for your lies.

greenginger
02-09-2014, 01:05 PM

We've still got 3 extra, large salaries to pay Butcher and Company. Think back to last November and if everyone who demanded Petrie get that management team in or celebrated their arrival got their wallets out and paid a share of those wages there would have been cash for more/better signing. Mines on the table :greengrin

Those salaries ,partial season ticket strike, relegation and the rest all lead to a budget reduction.

Dempster can only work with what she has got, if the fans desert we become a Dunfermline or worse.

SneakersO'Toole
02-09-2014, 01:07 PM

Dear Leeann Dempster,

With regret I have decided not to attend. I have no interest in listening to liars. The custodians of this club have yet again betrayed our confidence.

Furthermore I gather Mr David Forsyth is in attendance at these meetings discussing future ownership as Rome burns. His attendance and continued patronising input tells every supporter all we need to know about the continuing disrespect for Hibernian supporters from the top of the club.

"Wind of change" was promised. Where is it? Then we were told that our inflated Season Ticket charges would remain so the maximum budget could be given to the latest managerial appointment set up to fail and be the fall guy. The business concluded throughout this window is confirmation that the club has no ambition to seriously compete for promotion.

I deeply regret purchasing the season tickets I did for me and my son. I suspect that you will find many others feel likewise. It is so sad that thanks to the best efforts of our clubs custodians we are now a club with a completely disenfranchised support base. Those who reluctantly bought season tickets and now regret doing so and the thousands staying away.

The current status doesn't lie. The club is currently in its worse league position in its history.

Off topic slightly, how on earth is D.Forsyth still at the club?

Our PR is and had been for years shocking. I'm astounded that this man has kept his job. The cynic in me suggests its because of Petrie influence.

Good points in your email btw.

I feel sorry for Leeann. Truthfully I think her by extension Stubbs are being hung out to dry by Petrie and Farmer. I cannot believe she has full autonomy at this club.

Leith Mo
02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Accommodation costs? I believe that the sale of the land behind the old terracing and the building of houses ( of which i'm no doubt sure STF & RP got their pockets line with no cash back to hibs) they have some houses in there. I would know as i rented their for a year and seen a few hibs players reside there, one being Sparky when he came back up the road from Wolves.

Definitely have houses in there as a guy in my work lived there and used to remark on Osbourne's "Lovely Russian girlfriend" when playing for Hibs and living there

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 01:19 PM
you should go to the game on sunday instead :)

Im my defence, I 'go' on Saturday then wait for the game to start...

sambajustice
02-09-2014, 01:28 PM
I hate this budget reduction chat pish.

Even if Hibs only had 5k seasons tickets sales they'd still have way more fans every week than Motherwell, Killie, Inverness, Ross County, St Johnstone, Partick Thistle, Hamilton, Falkirk, Alloa, Raith Rovers, so I am failing to understand how Hibs cannot compete with them on the park when clearly the budget at Hibs is (or should be) a lot higher than those non entities.

Some fans on here I think try to guilt trip others by saying "if you dont buy the season ticket or go to the games then we can't compete in the transfer market" Thats pish! Its about time the club started giving back to the fans. Yeah, if no-one bought a season ticket then that would be the case but the fact is a crap Hibs still have more STs and walk ups than most of the Premier League so why cannot compete with them when it comes to players? Hibs shouldnt need to sell 11k season tickets to compete with teams that are practically part time!!

Hibs are just a massive pile of pishy crap!

Sergio sledge
02-09-2014, 01:35 PM

Not this crap again?

schinkenotto
02-09-2014, 01:43 PM
We've still got 3 extra, large salaries to pay Butcher and Company. Think back to last November and if everyone who demanded Petrie get that management team in or celebrated their arrival got their wallets out and paid a share of those wages there would have been cash for more/better signing. Mines on the table :greengrin

Those salaries ,partial season ticket strike, relegation and the rest all lead to a budget reduction.

Dempster can only work with what she has got, if the fans desert we become a Dunfermline or worse.

At the meeting last night,LD by implication criticised the contracts that Butcher and his accomplices had and hinted that she was hopeful that the continuing payment situation would be resolved soon.She also said the contracts for Alan Stubbs and his staff had been framed in such a way that,should the worst happen, this situation would not be repeated.

I understand that we have a solicitor on the board who specialises in employment law,so God knows how we got landed with continuing to pay Butcher's wages.For all the insults directed at her,at least LD has ensured that there won't be a repeat of this particular fiasco.

IMHO I thought that LD handled last night's difficult meeting very well and did not duck any questions.It was also clear that throughout the meeting,she was being kept in touch the attempts to sign another striker.

This club has reached the bottom,but I regard LD as a breath of fresh air and while I would not disagree in any way with the comments about RP,I find the criticism of LD,after such a short time in the job as unfair and the insults directed at her on here and elsewhere as disgraceful and unworthy of Hibs' supporters.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 01:45 PM
That fact that some people think we don't pay for loan players is madness.

MB62
02-09-2014, 01:46 PM
At the meeting last night,LD by implication criticised the contracts that Butcher and his accomplices had and hinted that she was hopeful that the continuing payment situation would be resolved soon.She also said the contracts for Alan Stubbs and his staff had been framed in such a way that,should the worst happen, this situation would not be repeated.

I understand that we have a solicitor on the board who specialises in employment law,so God knows how we got landed with continuing to pay Butcher's wages.For all the insults directed at her,at least LD has ensured that there won't be a repeat of this particular fiasco.

IMHO I thought that LD handled last night's difficult meeting very well and did not duck any questions.It was also clear that throughout the meeting,she was being kept in touch the attempts to sign another striker.

This club has reached the bottom,but I regard LD as a breath of fresh air and while I would not disagree in any way with the comments about RP,I find the criticism of LD,after such a short time in the job as unfair and the insults directed at her on here and elsewhere as disgraceful and unworthy of Hibs' supporters.

:top marks

The Green Goblin
02-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I hate this budget reduction chat pish.

Even if Hibs only had 5k seasons tickets sales they'd still have way more fans every week than Motherwell, Killie, Inverness, Ross County, St Johnstone, Partick Thistle, Hamilton, Falkirk, Alloa, Raith Rovers, so I am failing to understand how Hibs cannot compete with them on the park when clearly the budget at Hibs is (or should be) a lot higher than those non entities.

Some fans on here I think try to guilt trip others by saying "if you dont buy the season ticket or go to the games then we can't compete in the transfer market" Thats pish! Its about time the club started giving back to the fans. Yeah, if no-one bought a season ticket then that would be the case but the fact is a crap Hibs still have more STs and walk ups than most of the Premier League so why cannot compete with them when it comes to players? Hibs shouldnt need to sell 11k season tickets to compete with teams that are practically part time!!

Hibs are just a massive pile of pishy crap!

I agree - the chat about budget reduction when we are being outfought and outplayed by clubs with anything between a half to a tenth size of our average support, is just absurd. I think the difference is that the singular focus of most of those other clubs is the team on the park; the thing the fans actually pay to see. Their stadiums aren't that great, there's no luxury training facility and they have a smaller staff, but in stark contrast to us, what they all care about first and foremost is the team, the single and most important aspect of the club. That's where their collective efforts go, where it all focuses on a single point. I really do think it's that simple.

Big Frank
02-09-2014, 01:52 PM

dry yer eyes :rolleyes:

flash
02-09-2014, 01:58 PM
dry yer eyes :rolleyes:

Why should he? He is right.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 01:58 PM
That fact that some people think we don't pay for loan players is madness.

Can you point me in the direction of these people please? I know that the club would negotiate a percentage of the wages to even 100% of their wage. What i did not know was we also paid their accommodation out of the budget put aside for players.

What sort of houses are we paying for here, £600 £700 £800 or even £1k a month, thats a fair whack out of our budget wouldn't you say?

Big Frank
02-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Why should he? He is right.

.....I find the criticism of LD,after such a short time in the job as unfair and the insults directed at her on here and elsewhere as disgraceful and unworthy of Hibs' supporters....

I think he is wrong flash. Hyperbole imo! Point out some "insults on here and elsewhere", which are "disgraceful" and "unworthy of Hibs supporters" (whatever that means!)

Shes the top dawgg Flash and, and because she is, she earns top dollar. The buck stops with her (she IS, after all running the club. There IS after all, NO involvment from Petrie and Farmer).

Hibernian supporters have EVERY right to give the present board it tight.

flash
02-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Dear Leeann Dempster,

So you have criticised the way the club has been run for years and now you have the chance to go and tell them exactly what you think you are "too angry" to attend?

flash
02-09-2014, 02:14 PM
.....I find the criticism of LD,after such a short time in the job as unfair and the insults directed at her on here and elsewhere as disgraceful and unworthy of Hibs' supporters....

I think he is wrong flash. Hyperbole imo! Point out some "insults on here and elsewhere", which are "disgraceful" and "unworthy of Hibs supporters" (whatever that means!)

Shes the top dawgg Flash and, and because she is, she earns top dollar. The buck stops with her (she IS, after all running the club. There IS after all, NO involvment from Petrie and Farmer).

Absolutely but some are unable to do so without taking it to a personal level some of us are uncomfortable with. It's not compulsory to be "seething with anger" when you talk about anything to do with Hibs no matter what some people may think.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:16 PM

:agree: Its a tactic Petrie and Farmer have used to their benefit a few times over the years to quell the protests. They put a new patsy up every time there is unrest, Petrie says he's walking away from the authority and handing over to someone else.

Divide and conquer.

Folk listen and have nobody to vent their anger at because the new patsy is only just in the door, they must be given a chance and the protests go away, UNTIL THE NEXT TIME.

Then the scenario starts all over again, but you can only fool folk so many times.

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 02:24 PM
:agree: Its a tactic Petrie and Farmer have used to their benefit a few times over the years to quell the protests. They put a new patsy up every time there is unrest, Petrie says he's walking away from the authority and handing over to someone else.

Divide and conquer.

Folk listen and have nobody to vent their anger at because the new patsy is only just in the door, they must be given a chance and the protests go away, UNTIL THE NEXT TIME.

Then the scenario starts all over again, but you can only fool folk so many times.

Can you give us examples of the "few times" that they have done this?

Hibs7
02-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Surely it could be argued legally that Butcher and Malpas failed in their primary role and were therefor paid off. No justification for continuing to pay these useless bar stewards!

schinkenotto
02-09-2014, 02:25 PM

How about "liar","patsy" and "stooge" on this thread alone and the many obscene E-mails she said she's been receiving,particularly last Saturday night.?She wasn't looking for sympathy,but said that she fully appreciated how the supporters felt,without the personal comments and she shared the disappointment.

schinkenotto
02-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Surely it could be argued legally that Butcher and Malpas failed in their primary role and were therefor paid off. No justification for continuing to pay these useless bar stewards!
Quite agree,but the contracts put in place by whoever did not cover the situation.

Hibs7
02-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Quite agree,but the contracts put in place by whoever did not cover the situation.

Well that just shoes how amateurish Hibs were in dealing like this,, it is no wonder we are in this financial position if this is how we did business , the person who approved these contracts should be sacked !!

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 02:31 PM

What if TB/MM refused to sign a contract containing such a clause?

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Can you give us examples of the "few times" that they have done this?

Dempster this time, the other one was it Lyndsay or Fyffe their names mean nothing to me now. Theres twice. Maybe i should have said he has history of doing this before whenever there is unrest?

Nothing changes anyway while he's there.

Sergio sledge
02-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Can you point me in the direction of these people please? I know that the club would negotiate a percentage of the wages to even 100% of their wage. What i did not know was we also paid their accommodation out of the budget put aside for players.

What sort of houses are we paying for here, £600 £700 £800 or even £1k a month, thats a fair whack out of our budget wouldn't you say?

What budget would you pay it out of then? It is part of the cost of bringing a new player to a club, like a signing on fee, or a company car or a transfer fee.

I don't know how much flats cost in Edinburgh these days, but I'd imagine that they must be in the region of £700 per month for a two bedroom. Perhaps the new young guys can stay together, but I'd imagine maybe Oxley might have families to house too, so they could be in more expensive houses.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:43 PM
What budget would you pay it out of then? It is part of the cost of bringing a new player to a club, like a signing on fee, or a company car or a transfer fee.

I don't know how much flats cost in Edinburgh these days, but I'd imagine that they must be in the region of £700 per month for a two bedroom. Perhaps the new young guys can stay together, but I'd imagine maybe Oxley might have families to house too, so they could be in more expensive houses.

I genuinely thought things like this were paid out of other income the club brought in.

Very naive of me it seems, are you telling me company cars also come out of season ticket money too?

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Dempster this time, the other one was it Lyndsay or Fyffe their names mean nothing to me now. Theres twice. Maybe i should have said he has history of doing this before whenever there is unrest?

Nothing changes anyway while he's there.

So instead of "a few times it's happened twice. RP tried to hand over the running of the club to SL/FH and, for whatever reason, it didn't work so now they're trying again with LD (who appears to have more power).

But hey, why don't you just put any spin on it you want?

Tom Hart RIP
02-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Both LD and Bruce Langham were angry at the suggestion that the board didn't understand the anger after Saturdays result. Bruce told someone not to be so bloody stupid.
LD accepted the result was unacceptable and said that the players were in on Monday which should have been their day off.
She also accepted that 4 exec(paid) directors and 5 non exec directors (not including 2 fans ) was not ideal.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:50 PM
So instead of "a few times it's happened twice. RP tried to hand over the running of the club to SL/FH and, for whatever reason, it didn't work so now they're trying again with LD (who appears to have more power).

But hey, why don't you just put any spin on it you want?

Try putting some spin on 2nd tier football and a team losing every week in that division.

Big Frank
02-09-2014, 02:52 PM
How about "liar","patsy" and "stooge" on this thread alone and the many obscene E-mails she said she's been receiving,particularly last Saturday night.?She wasn't looking for sympathy,but said that she fully appreciated how the supporters felt,without the personal comments and she shared the disappointment.

I'm sure those who have called her a liar a patsy or a stooge can fully justify them. "Disgraceful"? "unworthy of hibs supporters"?

Probably not.

As for her "many" "obscene" emails, I would suggest that is for Police Scotland?

...or maybe they weren't "obscene".... conjecture, we will have to take her word for it. (tho' infairness, they must have been bad as she needed to take herself away to a hotel) <rather than switch off her laptop> .

.... moral indignation towards the Hibernian support is way, way down the priority list for me.

Us Hibbys seem to be responsibnle for all the woes of the club! How do we do it!!

(last sentence not directed at you thoroughbred :wink:)

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I genuinely thought things like this were paid out of other income the club brought in.

Very naive of me it seems, are you telling me company cars also come out of season ticket money too?

I could be wrong, but I think the club own some flats in the development across from the main stand. This would mean that it costs the club far less than any rental value included in the contracts.

Jonnyboy
02-09-2014, 02:56 PM

:agree: She's become the easy target

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the club own some flats in the development across from the main stand. This would mean that it costs the club far less than any rental value included in the contracts.

Lets hope so?

flash
02-09-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm sure those who have called her a liar a patsy or a stooge can fully justify them. "Disgraceful"? "unworthy of hibs supporters"?

Probably not.

As for her "many" "obscene" emails, I would suggest that is for Police Scotland?

...or maybe they weren't "obscene".... conjecture, we will have to take her word for it. (tho' infairness, they must have been bad as she needed to take herself away to a hotel) <rather than switch off her laptop> .

.... moral indignation towards the Hibernian support is way, way down the priority list for me.

Us Hibbys seem to be responsibnle for all the woes of the club! How do we do it!!

Classy post.

Mikey
02-09-2014, 03:05 PM

Dear Leeann Dempster,

Wouldn't it be better if you did go? From reading reports from those at last night's meeting they're generally quite positive about LD and what she's trying to do. The most critical comments seem to be coming from people who weren't there.

Wouldn't it be better to go and see for yourself?

schinkenotto
02-09-2014, 03:20 PM

Probably not.

Thanks at least for recognising my racehorse(sadly now deceased)!

jacomo
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM

I think its unacceptable if money from supporters this season is being used to pay for the catastrophic mistakes made by those in charge last season.

Butcher and his cronies should have done the honourable thing and resigned the day after we were relegated. Failing that, Petrie and STF should have made sure that any ongoing contractual payments to them did not compromise efforts to get promoted this season.

jacomo
02-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Just a suggestion, but seeing as you have now confirmed that you are leading the SDS consultation, would it not make sense to add a signature or something to your profile that makes this clear?

You are one of the parties getting involved to try and bring about change at Hibs. You clearly have issues with the way this is being managed by LD. Both these positions are fine, but surely it's better to be upfront about your position? I'm sure this would help raise awareness for your consultation too.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm not convinced we've reached rock bottom - hope I'm wrong.

As for Petrie's divide and conquer. .....

How many managers have gone under his tenure?

He's untouchable though.

Leith Mo
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Lets hope so?
Check my earlier post. They definitely own apartments in the development behind the East.

Weir7
02-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Check my earlier post. They definitely own apartments in the development behind the East.

Who owns them?

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Who owns them?

The club IIRC. Sorry if you're trying to rake muck.

Weir7
02-09-2014, 03:58 PM
The club IIRC. Sorry if you're trying to rake muck.

No they don't.

John_the_angus_hibby
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM
restructuring the whole club! Can she not multi task.

Up until 1st September her only concern should be player recruitment. So either she has failed miserably or her appointment, George Craig has failed miserably. Unless you are happy with the current state of our 1st team squad?

I am quite pleased with the quality of those acquired and used this far. We failed to get a few more, but that could easily have been out of our control. Would we all be happier today with another 4 players through panic "any bum fits" policy of old? This is how we got a bag of ***** squad in the first place. I'm gutted we did not get Sparky. Also that we did not manage a plan B. But to say failed miserably is disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sergio sledge
02-09-2014, 04:09 PM

If it is part of a players remuneration (I like that word) package then I assume they will be. If a player negotiates a car as part of their salary package then the money has to come from somewhere for that, I don't see how it is misleading or a lie for the club to pay for that from season ticket income as this is all part of the deal that brings the player to the club.

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 04:12 PM
My hope for this evening is along these lines:

1) Everybody remains civil

2) Qn: How does her statement that we were aiming to WIN the league this year match up with the limited number of signings we've made so far?

3) Qn: How is it that Hearts have signed enough players before the season even started, with decent replacements for when some are injured or suspended, but that we are now scrambling around after TDD to get a replacement for our only Goal Scorer?

4) Qn: If we really are so short of cash, does she now consider her Season Ticket policy to be a mistake?

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm not convinced we've reached rock bottom - hope I'm wrong.

As for Petrie's divide and conquer. .....

How many managers have gone under his tenure?

He's untouchable though.

Nowhere near rock bottom imo.

When the 2nd season in the Championship is confirmed we will be getting closer though.

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 04:22 PM
No they don't.

Why did you ask if you think you already know the answer?

So what is it? Are they in RP's wife's name or something?

smurf
02-09-2014, 04:25 PM
So you have criticised the way the club has been run for years and now you have the chance to go and tell them exactly what you think you are "too angry" to attend?

I have had plenty of past experience where I have communicated with the custodians of our club. Tonight as last night and tomorrow night is about our future ownership. I am not interested in that as Rome burns NOW. However, cheers for your smart alex reply.:wink:

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Would i be right in thinking that paying their wages and also paying their accommodation could in fact be more expensive than actually buying a player outright?

When did Hibs start paying for accommodation for players that we have signed :confused: can understand for youth players but not for loan or signed players that are brought to the club.

smurf
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Wouldn't it be better if you did go? From reading reports from those at last night's meeting they're generally quite positive about LD and what she's trying to do. The most critical comments seem to be coming from people who weren't there.

Wouldn't it be better to go and see for yourself?

Perhaps Mikey but tonight's meeting isn't about Now it is about Tomorrow. Our priority should be Now. I am just generally sick to the back teeth of our club.

--------
02-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Nowhere near rock bottom imo.

When the 2nd season in the Championship is confirmed we will be getting closer though.

I hope that we're still in the Championship next season - right now I wouldn't be surprised if we went down from where we are.

Weir7
02-09-2014, 04:34 PM
When did Hibs start paying for accommodation for players that we have signed :confused: can understand for youth players but not for loan or signed players that are brought to the club.

Been doing it for years.

HFC 0-7
02-09-2014, 04:44 PM

I never knew about the accommodation thing either. In a way I am even more concerned that the loans, inexperienced, young and untested could be costing us a lot more than we thought. She is correct in what she said about loans when she first came in, they do not represent good value. My question would be why 50% of our transfer business is made up of something she thinks isnt good value. add to that one of our permanent signings is only a year deal which is basically the same thing.

I would ask her if getting players to hibs is more difficult than when she was at Motherwell.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Was it possible for her to show some of the emails she was sent on Saturday night from I'm guessing Hibs supporters to let us no what kind of abuse was being handed out to her.

There is no need for that kind of nonsense.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Both LD and Bruce Langham were angry at the suggestion that the board didn't understand the anger after Saturdays result. Bruce told someone not to be so bloody stupid.
LD accepted the result was unacceptable and said that the players were in on Monday which should have been their day off.
She also accepted that 4 exec(paid) directors and 5 non exec directors (not including 2 fans ) was not ideal.

Has it changed as normally the players get the Wednesday off.

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Was it possible for her to show some of the emails she was sent on Saturday night from I'm guessing Hibs supporters to let us no what kind of abuse was being handed out to her.

There are some neanderthals in the Hibs support. At Alloa on Saturday there was a black steward and a thuggish looking Hibs fan was shouting at him calling him a racist term rhyming with moon.

Have to say I was ashamed of my fellow supporter.

We are all disappointed and upset about what is happening to our team but we have to keep a level of decency, respect and dignity about our words and actions if we are to be listened to.

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 04:55 PM

Why should she have to share , simply trust her word - there is no reason for her to make that stuff up ...

IanM
02-09-2014, 05:28 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting update: second question gets tore into tonight's schedule of meeting. Brilliant question. Asks for Petries removal

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting gets heated as fans shout out for direct answer from panel.

Couple of live posts from tonight's meeting

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 05:33 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting update: second question gets tore into tonight's schedule of meeting. Brilliant question. Asks for Petries removal

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting gets heated as fans shout out for direct answer from panel.

Couple of live posts from tonight's meeting

If they really expected anything else after yesterday then they're clearly completely out of touch

carnoustiehibee
02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting.Dempster having 2 remind fans this is about future of the club.Fans not happy won't answer questions about players

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting:dempster explaining hibs player budget was well above teams like Motherwell. Says budget was misspent last few years.

Dirkster23
02-09-2014, 05:40 PM
@HibeesBounce (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce) meeting gets heated as fans shout out for direct answer from panel.

IanM
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce Dempster answers well on question of Petries involvement. Said he does not effect her role. Said it with passion/anger

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 05:44 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting.Dempster having 2 remind fans this is about future of the club.Fans not happy won't answer questions about players

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting:dempster explaining hibs player budget was well above teams like Motherwell. Says budget was misspent last few years.

This really worries me - we won't have a future if they don't sort out the here and now.

Am I right these meetings were arranged pretty quickly? Why the haste?

They could have left it to next week when the anger might have died down a bit.

I'm wondering if the urgency is for a particular reason.

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
This really worries me - we won't have a future if they don't sort out the here and now.

Am I right these meetings were arranged pretty quickly? Why the haste?

They could have left it to next week when the anger might have died down a bit.

I'm wondering if the urgency is for a particular reason.

Come on - imagine the outcry on here, had they been postponed after bad results - they are engaging and keeping the commitment on the sessions - do you think they won't have recognised how difficult they would be after Saturdays result ??

This place is so depressing these days - people searching for negatives in everything the club do ...

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 05:48 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce Dempster answers well on question of Petries involvement. Said he does not effect her role. Said it with passion/anger

Unfortunately for her that perception will always be there until he removes himself from the club.

He does not need to stay - if he really cared for the club he would go.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 05:48 PM

Surely this is where she must accept Rods continued presence is damaging.

As long as he's around she'll have to field questions she is obviously sick of answering.

Nailrodders
02-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Ask what's happened to the surplus generated by the SPL ST prices ?. As all 8 of our new signings (4 loanees ffs !!) didn't cost the club a penny it makes the decision to keep the prices to last season's levels redundant as the club hasn't had any outlay to make so - where's the money ?The money went to fill a huge black hole in our finances created by the Great Helmsman's last brilliant managerial plan.

Do not expect the club ever to acknowledge that in any public or formal way.

carnoustiehibee
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce feels that had too many players and 3 full time teams. Prefers to have 1 player for each position and 1 under 20

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Come on - imagine the outcry on here, had they been postponed after bad results - they are engaging and keeping the commitment on the sessions - do you think they won't have recognised how difficult they would be after Saturdays result ??

This place is so depressing these days - people searching for negatives in everything the club do ...

No I agree with that but as far as I am aware these sessions were prepared hastily - I'm merely asking why the sudden need especially when 1 clashed with a pretty important date in the football calendar.

carnoustiehibee
02-09-2014, 05:52 PM

As long as he's around she'll have to field questions she is obviously sick of answering.

Exactly its going to be a big weight round her ankles until he and most of the board **** off

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 05:52 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce feels that had too many players and 3 full time teams. Prefers to have 1 player for each position and 1 under 20

You're having a laugh - no chance.

HFC 0-7
02-09-2014, 05:53 PM

Thats a worry.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately for her that perception will always be there until he removes himself from the club.

He does not need to stay - if he really cared for the club he would go.

I said it many months ago, that Petrie still in the building was only causing a divide. There is a large percentage of the support that just don't believe a word that comes from the club while he is still at the club.

And rightly or wrongly that's not changing anytime soon, but stubbornness on his part and i assume STF is holding this club back for the foreseeable future or at least until they bugger off.

Beefster
02-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I reckon there is a chance that Dempster will have left by the end of this season. She could get a better paid job elsewhere with a fraction of the hassle/abuse.

Nailrodders
02-09-2014, 05:58 PM
What if TB/MM refused to sign a contract containing such a clause?What conceivable incentive could they have had to sign such a clause? What conceivable leverage could Petrie have had to force them to sign it?

It was a seller's market. They were sitting pretty at ICT; Petrie was desperate to bring them to ER to prove that he really is a football mastermind after all. They appear to have been the only people at the club who didn't have a relegation clause in their contracts.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
What conceivable incentive could they have had to sign such a clause? What conceivable leverage could Petrie have had to force them to sign it?

It was a seller's market. They were sitting pretty at ICT; Petrie was desperate to bring them to ER to prove that he really is a football mastermind after all. They appear to have been the only people at the club who didn't have a relegation clause in their contracts.

And Petrie

BoomtownHibees
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM

When she first came she stated she wanted to have a first pick, a backup that was good enough to step up when needed, and an under 20. More lies.

IanM
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
I reckon there is a chance that Dempster will have left by the end of this season. She could get a better paid job elsewhere with a fraction of the hassle/abuse.

Correct! But you can tell she's not gonna let this beat her. This is her vision as much as ours. Hasn't started as well as hoped but wil take a lot more than a few nasty emails to topple the dempsteratron..

carnoustiehibee
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce Dempster suggest taking board down to 7 members with 2 fans on the board

IanM
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce Dempster suggest taking board down to 7 members with 2 fans on the board

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 06:05 PM
When she first came she stated she wanted to have a first pick, a backup that was good enough to step up when needed, and an under 20. More lies.

We already have well in excess of 11 + 11, so either she didn't say what she meant or she was misquoted.

IanM
02-09-2014, 06:05 PM
@HibeesBounce: @darrensqh 10 fans with a "petrie out" banner im hearing are outside.

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
And Petrie

Who's unpaid anyway, probably won't have a contract and was effectively sacked in any case.

oneone73
02-09-2014, 06:07 PM

If one of the 7 was Farmer and not his conduit, we might have something.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 06:08 PM

How many board members at the club.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 06:09 PM

There's already Hibs fans on the board. More than 2 I think.

I've no objection to more if they actually have a role and contribute as opposed to being used to throw us a bone and tick a box.

blackpoolhibs
Who's unpaid anyway, probably won't have a contract and was effectively sacked in any case.

I and many others don't believe you, we may be wrong but him still being within 100 miles of the club is causing a huge divide. Thats something you can't say is not 100% right.

Oh and owning 10% means he will NEVER be sacked.

BroxburnHibee

He wasn't unpaid last season and if he was sacked why is his presence still there?

Dirkster23
02-09-2014, 06:14 PM
We already have well in excess of 11 + 11, so either she didn't say what she meant or she was misquoted.

Or we currently have more players on the books than she would like?

Dirkster23
02-09-2014, 06:16 PM
HibeesBounce ‏@HibeesBounce (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce) 30s (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce/status/506868151876087808) Hearing petrie out campaigners have stormed the supporters meeting.

SteveHFC
02-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Hearing petrie out campaigners have stormed the supporters meeting.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 06:18 PM
You're having a laugh - no chance.

This was stated when she took over. 1 full team, 1 u20, then youth players. Not hard to figure.

blackpoolhibs
HibeesBounce ‏@HibeesBounce (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce) 30s (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce/status/506868151876087808) Hearing petrie out campaigners have stormed the supporters meeting.

Well done. :top marks:top marks

ALF TUPPER
Surely not !! FFS

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 06:19 PM
This was stated when she took over. 1 full team, 1 u20, then youth players. Not hard to figure.

Did she? I must have missed that. Got a link?

Is a 19 year old not a youth then?

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 06:20 PM
He wasn't unpaid last season and if he was sacked why is his presence still there?

We won't know until the accounts are published whether or not he was paid last season (and even then it may not be clear). Assuming he was paid, the board have removed him from his executive post (even though this was probably instigated by him) and he'll no longer receive a salary.

Dirkster23
02-09-2014, 06:20 PM
@darrensqh (https://twitter.com/darrensqh) 31s (https://twitter.com/darrensqh/status/506869067530375168) @HibeesBounce (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce) aye they are here now. Shouts of farmer out.

Gatecrasher
02-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Well it's kicking off it seems.

mentalhibee
02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Well it's kicking off it seems.

People at meeting eating out of Dempsters hands, talking a lot of crap in my opinion.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 06:24 PM
If people really have stormed the meeting then thats just ****** stupid. LD is trying to fix things and is spending far too much time dealing with all this Farmer / Petrie rubbish. IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY THE CLUB.....GET ON WITH IT.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
oh oh !!! CAPITAL LETTERS...yelling :(

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
@darrensqh (https://twitter.com/darrensqh) 31s (https://twitter.com/darrensqh/status/506869067530375168) @HibeesBounce (https://twitter.com/HibeesBounce) aye they are here now. Shouts of farmer out.

Well done to all involved, about time the support did something like this. If Mercer had tried his hand these days it would not surprise me if he'd have succeeded.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 06:26 PM
We won't know until the accounts are published whether or not he was paid last season (and even then it may not be clear). Assuming he was paid, the board have removed him from his executive post (even though this was probably instigated by him) and he'll no longer receive a salary.

'The board removed him' - I very much doubt it but assuming that's true given that LD is adamant she's in charge then what exactly is his role at the club? Apart from being a focus point for all the negativity the fans have had to endure.

Clearly LD no longer needs his 'advice'

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 06:27 PM

I think so too. She said at last nights meeting she, had to stay in a hotel, on Saturday , because of threats, abuse texts , tweets etc . Couldn't go home.

That kind of behaviour towards any member of staff any where cannot and should not be tolerated.
I've told her to report the tweets / emailers etc to the police. Get them done !

Don't know why anyone felt the need to 'storm' Easter Road? WTF is that all about? LD has been saying for weeks she would meet with fans .

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 06:29 PM
I think so too. She said at last nights meeting she, had to stay in a hotel, on Saturday , because of threats, abuse texts , tweets etc . Couldn't go home.

That kind of behaviour towards any member of staff any where cannot and should not be tolerated.
I've told her to report the tweets / emailers etc to the police. Get them done !

Don't know why anyone felt the need to 'storm' Easter Road? WTF is that all about? LD has been saying for weeks she would meet with fans .

Completely agree about the threats.

Pick you up on your last point though she said at her original meetings that she would engage with the support through the forums.

We're still waiting........

IanM
02-09-2014, 06:30 PM

I know she had some abusive messages but did she really have to leave her own home?

Sickening if it's got that bad

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 06:30 PM
'The board removed him' - I very much doubt it but assuming that's true given that LD is adamant she's in charge then what exactly is his role at the club? Apart from being a focus point for all the negativity the fans have had to endure.

Clearly LD no longer needs his 'advice'

The board did remove him. His change in status and LD's appointment would have gone to a vote.

You know fine, he's there because STF wants him there. Outwith buying the club, nobody can do anything about that. if STF wanted rid of RP he could do it, RP's 10% is irrelevant.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 06:31 PM

Threats to any individual are ridiculous and should be dealt with severely.

As for storming the meeting, I don't agree with it but many feel they are not being listended to - again - and maybe felt this was one way to make a point.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 06:31 PM

I despair of our "fans". She probably should walk as should stubbs, as it would appear very few want to give them the chance to fix the club.

Elephant Stone
02-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Well done. :top marks:top marks

Leeann agrees to meet fans, fans have a chance of influencing the direction she takes the club.

Angry fans disrupt this to shout about the removal of Petrie and Farmer to Leeann, who has the ability to do neither, while undermining the whole evening.

Well done indeed.

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Completely agree about the threats.

Pick you up on your last point though she said at her original meetings that she would engage with the support through the forums.

We're still waiting........

Dont agree that were waiting . She is engaging with fans .
Last night, tonight and tomorrow are the start of Fans Forums. Also coming will be Internet forums , supporters questionnaires, one to one meetings. It's started.

davhibby
02-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Why couldn't the people who have stormed the meeting not just registered and gone to the meeting and made their point to LD that way

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Threats to any individual are ridiculous and should be dealt with severely.

As for storming the meeting, I don't agree with it but many feel they are not being listended to - again - and maybe felt this was one way to make a point.

Didn't need to storm the meeting. They would have been heard without behaving like that. LD would have met with them. Probably still will.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Dont agree that were waiting . She is engaging with fans .
Last night, tonight and tomorrow are the start of Fans Forums. Also coming will be Internet forums , supporters questionnaires, one to one meetings. It's started.

I await with baited breath :greengrin

SteveHFC
02-09-2014, 06:38 PM

I'm still annoyed after last night. But that's too far :rolleyes:

ALF TUPPER
Why couldn't the people who have stormed the meeting not just registered and gone to the meeting and made their point to LD that way

The point I'm trying ( although not very well ) to make Dave.

Nailrodders
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce Dempster answers well on question of Petries involvement. Said he does not affect her role. Said it with passion/angerHow on earth could Petrie's involvement at the club not affect her role? She's the CEO, and she's not even allowed to talk to the friggin owner, because Petrie has to be the 'conduit'.

How does it not affect the CEO's role when she's not even allowed to talk to the owner?

IanM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting: going over details of fan ownership elsewhere. Very hard for any point to be made without interruptions

Hibby70
02-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Some people have strange priorities in life. Storming a fans meeting for gods sake, as if it's the raid on Entebbe.

ArmadaleHibs
02-09-2014, 06:40 PM
All this meeting to take the club forward in my opinion is utter bull sh/te. The club will move forward when it starts to make proper investments in the team. One or two eye catching players. Something with bloody intent. Build a decent team, the fans will be happy and come back. All this talk and plans and way forwards can go on and on but the upshot is the teams crap. End of.

bingo70
02-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Would her meeting the petrie out campaigners over a quiet civilized meeting have the same impact as what they've done?

Sounds to me like they didn't want a conversation with her about the merits of petrie staying, they are demanding he leaves. I hate that it's come to this but dempster listening to the fans will get us nowhere regarding petrie.

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 06:41 PM
How on earth could Petrie's involvement at the club not affect her role? She's the CEO, and she's not even allowed to talk to the friggin owner, because Petrie has to be the 'conduit'.

How does it not affect the CEO's role when she's not even allowed to talk to the owner?

How do you know that she's not allowed to speak to STF? For all we know she might speak to him regularly, but not as often as RP. :dunno:

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Thought you spoke well Steve - don't be annoyed. I'm sure your comments and opinions were taken on board.

Anyhoo, too many folk go to meetings and say nothing. But you spoke up - good on you mate !!

frazeHFC
02-09-2014, 06:43 PM
The meeting will most likely be full of yet more false promises. Good on these guys doing something about it. Things have got worse and worse, change in ownership is needed.

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 06:43 PM
I know she had some abusive messages but did she really have to leave her own home?

Sickening if it's got that bad

LD said she couldn't go home. Didn't get there ..,

It's shockin

Gustavo Fring
02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
The meeting will most likely be full of yet more false promises. Good on these guys doing something about it. Things have got worse and worse, change in ownership is needed.

il second that

ALF TUPPER
02-09-2014, 06:46 PM
I await with baited breath :greengrin

;)

Brightside
02-09-2014, 06:46 PM

Go buy the club then. Its all good and well people saying change in ownership is required but there is no one trying to buy the club. So in the meantime we have idiots ruining a fans forum to act the big man.

S4uzee
02-09-2014, 06:47 PM
LD said she couldn't go home. Didn't get there ..,

It's shockin

She couldn't go home home? Really?

Bleeds green
02-09-2014, 06:47 PM
People can agree it disagree with storming a supporters meeting one things for sure it will get publicity and will have an impact that hibs fans are not sitting back doing nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 06:48 PM

Thats unbelievable. hopefully those people are tracked down and dealt with.

ronaldo7
02-09-2014, 06:49 PM

You sure about that:cb

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Go buy the club then. Its all good and well people saying change in ownership is required but there is no one trying to buy the club. So in the meantime we have idiots ruining a fans forum to act the big man.

Are you deaf dumb and blind?

frazeHFC

We also have idiots running and ruining our club. Until someone does decide to take over the club the current personnel could at the very least stop making false promises all the time.

silverhibee

Was there not a bid made for the club last month.

Joe's ice cream

As I am not at the meeting tonight it's going to be hard to judge if it will or will not achieve anything moving forward as it will be hard to place into context what's been discussed.
Not sure if you there of not , if not I'm surprised you have the ability to jump to any conclusion , well at least one based in fact!

Nailrodders
02-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Who's unpaid anyway, probably won't have a contract and was effectively sacked in any case.:faf:

That's right Peevemore. He was 'effectively sacked'.

I remember once I was sacked as a labourer at Cruikshank's Foundry in Denny. And just like The Great Helmsman, I immediately found myself in charge of overseeing the high-level change program devised by the Board,* and acting as a conduit between the CEO and the owner of the business.*

:doh::ostrich:

** How great is it that the brand new rooting tooting website has 'forgotten' these announcements?

BroxburnHibee

I don't think there's any need for that G.

bingo70
Thats unbelievable. hopefully those people are tracked down and dealt with.

I'm no sure I believe it Tbh.

She's still pretty popular with the support, if it was petrie I probably would but not her. The tweets would be pretty easy to trace I'd have thought if true but I doubt we'll hear any more about this.

Dirkster23
02-09-2014, 06:53 PM

The club rejected a £3.5 million buy out bid this month!

Cropley10
02-09-2014, 06:54 PM

Shocking if true.

I don't think she'll hang around tbh.

This job will be NOTHING like the Motherwell job.

stantonhibby
02-09-2014, 06:55 PM

Nice.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Was there not a bid made for the club last month.

Hey if your happy to just give the club away to anyone then go for it. Plenty fans seem to want to ruin the club, so may as well speed it up.

Hibby70
02-09-2014, 06:58 PM

I wouldn't play him at pinball.

Cropley10
Hey if your happy to just give the club away to anyone then go for it. Plenty fans seem to want to ruin the club, so may as well speed it up.

Ruin the Club?

What's ruining it is a signing policy over 5 or 6 years - players and managers - that has left us in the second tier.

Oh and an owner/Chairman who have no ambition whatsoever beyond survival. Something some fans seem to be perfectly OK with...

matty_f
:faf:

I remember once I was sacked as a labourer at Cruikshank's Foundry in Denny. And just like The Great Helmsman, I immediately found myself in charge of overseeing the high-level change program devised by the Board,* and acting as a conduit between the CEO and the owner of the business.*

** How great is it that the brand new rooting tooting website has 'forgotten' these announcements?
Can you not engage in debate without aping the characteristics of a snidey five year old?

blackpoolhibs
I don't think there's any need for that G.

Nice.

Underscore would have laughed at that, we have an understanding. :greengrin

IanM
02-09-2014, 07:00 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce finance director says farmer puts his hand in his pocket and is our bank of last result.

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce goes on to explain club is in difficult situation and lucky to have a majority shareholder to help it out in these times

I'd really like to know what these difficult situations are and how often have we relied on STF

B.H.F.C
02-09-2014, 07:00 PM

You're only too haply to have a pop at the fans when you get half a chance. Why on earth would any Hibs supporter want to ruin the club? It's the folk who are in charge that have ruined it. No us.

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 07:01 PM
:faf:

He was in a post, probably salaried, that no longer exists. The board, albeit led by RP, voted for this change.

Use whatever terminology you like, but the outcome is the same.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 07:01 PM

I'll answer. Im well aware bids were made. Bids which were totally unacceptable for the future good of our club. If you are happy for it to be handed over to anyone then enjoy the next few years before we die.

My view is yes we need Investment BUT no one of any substance wants to buy a scottish football club. They do not make any money so why would they invest. LD has a job to turn it around and make the club self sustainable again. Its been pointed out time and again how much money the club has wasted in the last few years. Can we not give LD, GC etc time to try and turn it around. People storming meetings are just immature ********s.

Nailrodders
02-09-2014, 07:02 PM
How do you know that she's not allowed to speak to STF? For all we know she might speak to him regularly, but not as often as RP. :dunno:

:faf::doh::ostrich:

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 07:02 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce finance director says farmer puts his hand in his pocket and is our bank of last result.

@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce goes on to explain club is in difficult situation and lucky to have a majority shareholder to help it out in these times

I'd really like to know what these difficult situations are and how often have we relied on STF

If that's the case it's about time they came out and told us openly and honestly about the situation instead of bull****ting us about building squads to challenge for titles.

matty_f
02-09-2014, 07:03 PM

Really?

Mikey

You need to up the level of debate here.

emerald green
If true that is simply disgusting.

:agree: She can't be blamed for years of mis-management at this club, both at East Mains and the Boardroom.

The finger should be getting pointed elsewhere as far as that's concerned.

blackpoolhibs
I'll answer. Im well aware bids were made. Bids which were totally unacceptable for the future good of our club. If you are happy for it to be handed over to anyone then enjoy the next few years before we die.

My view is yes we need Investment BUT no one of any substance wants to buy a scottish football club. They do not make any money so why would they invest. LD has a job to turn it around and make the club self sustainable again. Its been pointed out time and again how much money the club has wasted in the last few years. Can we not give LD, GC etc time to try and turn it around. People storming meetings are just immature ********s.

Who showed you their proposals or what funds they have?

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 07:04 PM

And there's no need for that either.

Look folks if you can't make your points without showing a bit respect then you'll no be posting - it's that simple

Brightside
Ruin the Club?

What's ruining it is a signing policy over 5 or 6 years - players and managers - that has left us in the second tier.

Oh and an owner/Chairman who have no ambition whatsoever beyond survival. Something some fans seem to be perfectly OK with...

and we are trying to fix that with a CEO who wants to change the structure and change the club. BUT no one will give her time to do it. Its mental that they are trying to drive out someone who could actually make a difference. THOSE fans are going to kill the club.

carnoustiehibee

How can anyone buy the club when farmer doesn't want to sell

IanM
02-09-2014, 07:05 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting: Dempster saying farmer not actively looking to sell. Has to make sure it's sustainable before he would discuss price

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
and we are trying to fix that with a CEO who wants to change the structure and change the club. BUT no one will give her time to do it. Its mental that they are trying to drive out someone who could actually make a difference. THOSE fans are going to kill the club.

"No one will give her time" - I don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 07:06 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting: Dempster saying farmer not actively looking to sell. Has to make sure it's sustainable before he would discuss price

Well well well, so until Richard Branson wants the club we have to put up with the absent owner with no interest in the club.

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Well well well, so until Richard Branson wants the club we have to put up with the absent owner with no interest in the club.

Has anyone asked Richard yet? :greengrin

Nailrodders
02-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Can you not engage in debate without aping the characteristics of a snidey five year old?Oh Sure Matty. There's nothing easier than engaging in intelligent debate with someone who comes onto this forum and claims with a straight face that the Non-Executive Chairman of the Club, who is in charge of overseeing the high-level change programme devised by the Board, and who operates as the conduit between the Club's CEO and the owner, has been 'effectively sacked'... :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
02-09-2014, 07:08 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/02/92b67f2b468f543c087fcf2bfba085fb.jpg

Brightside
02-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Who showed you their proposals or what funds they have?

You'd really let Eddie Ramsey take over out club?? Or Low? Or maybe Punch Taverns Ltd?

Its clear that LD is looking to push it down a fans ownership model, but this needs to happen slowly and with assurances that the ground and other assets are safe. (I'd expect 51% to stay with the STF estate - after death etc)

In the meantime she is trying to fix the mess we have got into under Petrie.

Beefster
02-09-2014, 07:09 PM

Look everyone, Nailrodders has found the smilies. Awwwww. Cute.

Brightside
02-09-2014, 07:10 PM
"No one will give her time" - I don't see how you can come to that conclusion.

I'll base it on reading this forum. :confused:

matty_f
02-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh Sure Matty. There's nothing easier than engaging in intelligent debate with someone who comes onto this forum and claims with a straight face that the Non-Executive Chairman of the Club, who is in charge of overseeing the high-level change programme devised by the Board, and who operates as the conduit between the Club's CEO and the owner, has been 'effectively sacked'... :rolleyes:

I'll take that as a 'no' then. You going to exile yourself again or would you like us to do it for you?

IanM
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting: dempster, "farmer out or Petrie out straight away would leave us in too much danger with no bank of last resort"

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
You'd really let Eddie Ramsey take over out club?? Or Low? Or maybe Punch Taverns Ltd?

Its clear that LD is looking to push it down a fans ownership model, but this needs to happen slowly and with assurances that the ground and other assets are safe. (I'd expect 51% to stay with the STF estate - after death etc)

In the meantime she is trying to fix the mess we have got into under Petrie.

I have not seen any proposals or seen what anyone is prepared to put into the club to make any kind of opinion on the matter. Can i ask you again, what have you seen from any of these people to make any sort of decision on the matter?

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 07:13 PM

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 07:14 PM

You should read your posts before hitting send :aok:

Peevemor
02-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh Sure Matty. There's nothing easier than engaging in intelligent debate with someone who comes onto this forum and claims with a straight face that the Non-Executive Chairman of the Club, who is in charge of overseeing the high-level change programme devised by the Board, and who operates as the conduit between the Club's CEO and the owner, has been 'effectively sacked'... :rolleyes:

OK. He had a (probably salaried) job. Now he doesn't. He stood himself down (or was pressured into doing so by STF).

How would you describe it?

BSEJVT
02-09-2014, 07:16 PM
@darrensqh: @HibeesBounce meeting: dempster, "farmer out or Petrie out straight away would leave us in too much danger with no bank of last resort"

Can someone tell them the phrase is "Lender of last Resort":greengrin

flash
02-09-2014, 07:16 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/02/92b67f2b468f543c087fcf2bfba085fb.jpg

That should do it.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2014, 07:17 PM
it really is sad that it's come to 'farmer out' banners now :(

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Has anyone asked Richard yet? :greengrin

Rihanna is interested. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
02-09-2014, 07:18 PM
I'll base it on reading this forum. :confused:

So a fairly extensive piece of research then?

My reading of the forums is that there is plenty encouragement for her getting on with fixing the club. The anger is coming from the shocking investment in the team.

It now seems that the suggestion from the meetings is the club is rooked for cash.

Perhaps a bit more honesty from the club might have got the fans to rally round more?

DaveF
02-09-2014, 07:19 PM
it really is sad that it's come to 'farmer out' banners now :(

At least it's not "is a bawbag" banners.

Well, not yet :greengrin

Weir7
If that's the case it's about time they came out and told us openly and honestly about the situation instead of bull****ting us about building squads to challenge for titles.

Correct

mentalhibee
What a waste of time that was. A lot of dodging and dancing round questions!

Steve20
These meetings are pointless. The only thing they can do to make things right is put a decent team on the park. And this season, that means a team that gets promoted.

Anything else is failure.

stoneyburn hibs
02-09-2014, 07:20 PM
That should do it.

No, that's the name of our new striker signed from Lille. It's a silent T.

SanFranHibs
Can someone tell them the phrase is "Lender of last Resort":greengrin

Mmmm, interesting. And when did Petrie become a bank of last resort?

silverhibee
Look everyone, Nailrodders has found the smilies. Awwwww. Cute.

:banana: :nanafunk: :nanasplit:

BSEJVT
So a fairly extensive piece of research then?

My reading of the forums is that there is plenty encouragement for her getting on with fixing the club. The anger is coming from the shocking investment in the team.

It now seems that the suggestion from the meetings is the club is rooked for cash.

Perhaps a bit more honesty from the club might have got the fans to rally round more?

It cant be any surprise to anyone the club is rooked?

I am guessing at losses of nearly £2m last year with this year being worse.