PDA

View Full Version : AGM, vote of No confidence in Rod

lucky
02-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Can we not have a vote of no confidence in Rod Petrie at the AGM? I know it would fail but if all of the small shareholders voted against him then at least it would put more pressure on him and STF to remove him. Hibernian will not move forward whilst he is at the club.

Colr
02-09-2014, 07:13 AM
He is doing what STF wants. Need to target STF. This is gesture stuff.

Nailrodders
02-09-2014, 07:17 AM
He is doing what STF wants. Need to target STF. This is gesture stuff.Hibs fans have no power or influence other than through gestures.

Islington Hibs
02-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Can we not have a vote of no confidence in Rod Petrie at the AGM? I know it would fail but if all of the small shareholders voted against him then at least it would put more pressure on him and STF to remove him. Hibernian will not move forward whilst he is at the club.

As a very small shareholder I would support this. In reality it would make no difference but I bet if a motion was put up 90% of small shareholders would support it. It would be voted down by two votes. that of Rod and STF though. Media would pick up on it though

Colr
02-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Hibs fans have no power or influence other than through gestures.

Hibs fans need to take the protests elsewhere an target other business interests of the owner.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 08:19 AM
The structure of the club would mean it would not achieve much if STF / RP want to ignore it and it probably wouldn't get on the agenda at an AGM however I floated before that whilst the holdings might be smaller than the owners there are going to be a large number of individuals who have small holdings so its a number the media are likely to take an interest in if that's the way we want to go.

It would simply need a way of pulling as many into one place as possible - maybe just a name, shareholder reference and possibly number of shares held though this is not vital. Once its all added up the next task would be getting the numbers out there so the depth of feeling is know - wouldn't be too difficult to just reveal them as part of a question at the AGM.

I'm a shareholder and would be in, if only so the new regime get to know how a lot of us feel.

Baldy Foghorn
02-09-2014, 08:23 AM

I said at AGM either last year or year before, that I had zero confidence in the Board, nobody backed me up.

LD knows exactly how I feel, I still have zero confidence in the Board, but nothing changes. We have the same Board members in place, that steered us into 1st Division. This after years of flirting with relegation is shameful.

DarlingtonHibee
02-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Been on holiday for two weeks, with little access to hibs.net.

How is the Hibernian Forever bid shaping up - looks like the only player in town ?

NW
02-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Been on holiday for two weeks, with little access to hibs.net.

How is the Hibernian Forever bid shaping up - looks like the only player in town ?

Darlington, if you can fill in the survey at www.scottishfans.org/Hibs

FranckSuzy
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I said at AGM either last year or year before, that I had zero confidence in the Board, nobody backed me up.

LD knows exactly how I feel, I still have zero confidence in the Board, but nothing changes. We have the same Board members in place, that steered us into 1st Division. This after years of flirting with relegation is shameful.

You did that S, and you said as much again at EM to them.

Greenblood70
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM

When you say LD knows how you feel I believe you. She, however, has absolutely no influence in changing anything that will bring change n the short or long term IMO. She cannot influence budgets and income as evidenced by our pitiful transfer window and is now rearranging deck chairs on the titanic wittering on about fan ownership while the club goes to hell in a handcart.

lucky
02-09-2014, 09:33 AM

Baldy, yes I heard you but I'm talking about doing something formal. I not sure how to go about it. If someone cab point me in the right direction I'm happy to get the ball rolling on this.

scuttle
02-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Baldy, yes I heard you but I'm talking about doing something formal. I not sure how to go about it. If someone cab point me in the right direction I'm happy to get the ball rolling on this.

Think the procedure is to propose a vote of confidence in the current owner and [puppet] .Whoever is chairing the meeting asks for seconder and nobody should second it hence vote of no confidence. I really dont think doing this would make any difference to Farmer and Petrie, so I would say we need actions rather than words

Leith Mo
02-09-2014, 09:53 AM
The role of a Chairman is to bring "balance" wisdom and experience to the Board and advise sagely on its discussions whilst managing the overall proceedings. Alternatively, one of the current Board Directors with a death wish could propose a motion at the next Board Meeting that his/her fellow Directors have "no confidence" in their Chairman. Then again that would take courage beyond safeguarding a mere sinecure which sadly our Club lacks from top to bottom (excluding the significant majority of fans from that statement of course).

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Would a vote of no confidence in Rod, not be a futile gesture, as they claim he has nothing to do with running the place anyway?

Board- What do you want now, peasants?
Fans. - gonnae get rid o Rod likesay?
Board - he's gone, never darken our door again!
Fans - Top guys, ah tell ye. Hibs Class etc etc etc

Wheat Hound
02-09-2014, 10:15 AM
An organised boycott of any other Farmer related business e.g. autocare ?

Colr
02-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Got to be more than that. Need a few folk to stand outside handing flyers to persuade others and to highlight the grievances. Become a pain in his neck so he moves on. Do the same at QMU et al.

Mr White
02-09-2014, 10:27 AM
An organised walk out of the agm by shareholders at a pre-agreed time? It would gain media attention and perhaps be harder for the owners and board to dismiss than the criticism they have faced at the last few agm's.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 10:29 AM

Groan.:rolleyes:

Why don't we just go straight to "we know where you live and will kill you if you don't do what we say?" (If we're going to get silly about it).

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 10:30 AM
An organised walk out of the agm by shareholders at a pre-agreed time? It would gain media attention and perhaps be harder for the owners and board to dismiss than the criticism they have faced at the last few agm's.

That would bother them, why?

Mr White
02-09-2014, 10:32 AM
That would bother them, why?

Well they're quite good at deflecting criticism and difficult questions, as a different approach this could perhaps put more pressure on them. Probably not though.

hibswillie
02-09-2014, 10:32 AM

This could be a shout

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Well they're quite good at deflecting criticism and difficult questions, as a different approach this could perhaps put more pressure on them. Probably not though.

I think they've dug themselves in and only cash will shift them.

Colr
02-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Groan.:rolleyes:

Why don't we just go straight to "we know where you live and will kill you if you don't do what we say?" (If we're going to get silly about it).

Now you being silly.

The support has to communicate that he has lost our faith and trust to the extent that he must now move on. This is about finding the channels through which we will engage his attention and provoke a response.

We could always sit on our hands and mutter into our pints about the good old days, of course (if you'll forgive the image that paints).

Mr White
02-09-2014, 10:38 AM

You're probably right sadly. However, organised protest could at least galvanise the support and help morale. But only if the majority are behind it. Apathy and infighting are as likely unfortunately imo.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 10:39 AM

Do you know what Bob, i'm not convinced it is. I keep hearing STF would sell, but never from the man himself. And i also keep hearing he won't sell to anyone, they have to have the interest of the club and the funds to take the club forward, but never from the man himself.

I'm not convinced he does want to sell, in fact i have no idea what he wants from the club he owns?

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Now you being silly.

The support has to communicate that he has lost our faith and trust to the extent that he must now move on. This is about finding the channels through which we will engage his attention and provoke a response.

We could always sit on our hands and mutter into our pints about the good old days, of course (if you'll forgive the image that paints).

Maybe the best thing is to protest in a sensible way, instead of putting innocent people's jobs on the line. Nobody is saying "do nothing" but boycotting his business is not the right way to go.

People should treat this as business, and not let personalities come into it. Unleashing hot headed football supporters into a situation that needs cool heads is a recipe for disaster.

Look at how the ill thought out coup in the summer split the support.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Do you know what Bob, i'm not convinced it is. I keep hearing STF would sell, but never from the man himself. And i also keep hearing he won't sell to anyone, they have to have the interest of the club and the funds to take the club forward, but never from the man himself.

I'm not convinced he does want to sell, in fact i have no idea what he wants from the club he owns?

If he doesn't want to sell, I have no idea either.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 10:56 AM

Could be as simple as one contact point for shareholders to confirm their interest, identity and holding/number, adding it all up then talking about it before AGM then highlighting at the AGM? That way you get it recorded an in public domain. A gesture but a worthwhile one?

SneakersO'Toole
02-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Every year Petrie asks the floor for any objections to the audited accounts.

The following is hardly standard procedure however if we can orchestrate it that every minority shareholder (or as many as possible) raise their hands in objection to accounts on the grounds of Petrie/Farmers continued involvement in our club.

They could probably dismiss it out of hand but it would gain media attention and also, this happens very near the start of the AGM so would set the scene for what should be an extremely uncomfortable evening for these jokers!

SneakersO'Toole
02-09-2014, 04:44 PM
If we can make contact with enough of the minority shareholders, what about a signed petition by shareholders to be presented to STF.

Colr
02-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Maybe the best thing is to protest in a sensible way, instead of putting innocent people's jobs on the line. Nobody is saying "do nothing" but boycotting his business is not the right way to go.

People should treat this as business, and not let personalities come into it. Unleashing hot headed football supporters into a situation that needs cool heads is a recipe for disaster.

Look at how the ill thought out coup in the summer split the support.

Who said being hot headed? It's a case of spreading the points of communication of grievances more widely so he'll pay attention. Using them to embarrass him into action. Doesn't require a boycott but if people took their trade elsewhere, fine, but not critical. It's about face and reputation which are more important to him.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Small shareholders don't have the power to pass a vote of no confidence.

Hearts fans tried it for years by refusing to re-elect Roman Romanov as chairman at their AGM but all it took was for Vlads representative to raise his hand in support of the proposal and it was passed. If STF wants Rod as Chairman then he will remain in that position. A vote of no confidence is proposed, the majority shareholders (Rod and STF) vote it down. Goodnight Vienna.

Stuff like this is all just wishful thinking anyway. Look at the forums and whilst there is anger a sizeable number, probably a majority, want no part of any protests or action be it direct or indirect. Without a clear consensus, mandate and majority support any plan is doomed to failure. We are every bit as impotent as Hearts fans under Vlad, Celtic fans under the Kellys or Rangers fans under Whyte.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 04:54 PM
If we can make contact with enough of the minority shareholders, what about a signed petition by shareholders to be presented to STF.

Sensible idea if he'd accept it, if not at least there would be a number to refer to at the AGM and in more public forums.

jacomo
02-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Hibs fans need to take the protests elsewhere an target other business interests of the owner.

Are you for real?

I want STF and Rod to move on, but 'targeting' STF's other businesses to make a point? Total nonsense. Protests should be focused on Hibs because that's the focus of our attention and where the problem lies.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Small shareholders don't have the power to pass a vote of no confidence.

Hearts fans tried it for years by refusing to re-elect Roman Romanov as chairman at their AGM but all it took was for Vlads representative to raise his hand in support of the proposal and it was passed. If STF wants Rod as Chairman then he will remain in that position.

Stuff like this is all just wishful thinking anyway. Look at the forums just and whilst there is anger a sizeable number, probably a majority, want no part of any protests or action be it direct or indirect. Without a clear consensus, mandate and majoritu support any plan is doomed to failure.

Its true they can't but you can still say a large number have no confidence in whichever member they want. Numbers needed.

schinkenotto
02-09-2014, 05:05 PM

Fair enough,but the irony is that STF GIFTED the shares,which the minority shareholders now own to them!

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I think the board has to be told in no uncertain terms that we, the fans, shareholders or not, season ticket holders or walk ups are no longer willing to accept this mediocrity, lack of ambition and general mismanagement from the club. I'd draft a letter explaining this then get as many signatures from fans as possible by going round the Hibs club and other bars on match days then submit it at the agm and ask the board to explain themselves, fix it and if they can't fix it then seriously consider their positions as leading members of Hibernian fc.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I think the board has to be told in no uncertain terms that we, the fans, shareholders or not, season ticket holders or walk ups are no longer willing to accept this mediocrity, lack of ambition and general mismanagement from the club. I'd draft a letter explaining this then get as many signatures from fans as possible by going round the Hibs club and other bars on match days then submit it at the agm and ask the board to explain themselves, fix it and if they can't fix it then seriously consider their positions as leading members of Hibernian fc.

This site sent an open letter with over 200 signatures to the board proposing no confidence in Rod. Paul Kane had 1500+ people gather outside the stadium to say much the same thing. Almosy every affiliated supporters club has made their position on Rod and the board clear. The club to all intents and purposes ignored them all.

We could present a petition with 10000 signatures. They'd just ignore it. It's very frustrating but there isn't much we can do.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Who said being hot headed? It's a case of spreading the points of communication of grievances more widely so he'll pay attention. Using them to embarrass him into action. Doesn't require a boycott but if people took their trade elsewhere, fine, but not critical. It's about face and reputation which are more important to him.

Sorry, whether its done with a cool head, or not, involving people who are just trying to make a living is out of order. It's not like his employees are responsible for our unhappiness, is it?

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
This site sent an open letter with over 200 signatures to the board proposing no confidence in Rod. Paul Kane had 1500+ people gather outside the stadium to say much the same thing. Almosy every affiliated supporters club has made their position on Rod and the board clear. The club to all intents and purposes ignored them all.

We could present a petition with 10000 signatures. They'd just ignore it. It's very frustrating but there isn't much we can do.

Well then only thing left to do is turn up to the Cowdenbeath match but do not go into the stadium but just remain outside the turnstiles in protest. I know it won't be popular with everyone as season tickets holders will have to take the hit of losing out on a match paid for but I'm prepared to do that. They'd lose money through walk ups, no that there would be many anyway. A 90 minute protest behind the main stand.

I realise this will have an impact on the players but if we can get the message across that's it's not the players or coaching staff we are protesting against then it could be a goer.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 05:20 PM

I was surprised that one letter was the extent of this sites actions, only protests on a regular occurrence will smoke these buffoons out. If you think this club is going nowhere under them, making STF and Petrie uncomfortable ALL the time should be the aim.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Fair enough,but the irony is that STF GIFTED the shares,which the minority shareholders now own to them!

Not sure, I know quite a few bought them.I did.

lucky
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm not expecting a vote of no confidence to be carried but it will a symbolic public effort in front off the media and board

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
I was surprised that one letter was the extent of this sites actions, only protests on a regular occurrence will smoke these buffoons out. If you think this club is going nowhere under them, making STF and Petrie uncomfortable ALL the time should be the aim.

Tbh we are here to provide a platform for people to have a discussion. Not to jump into bed with the club or go to war with them. We have no mandate to speak on behalf of the membership and registered users.

We sent a letter signed by the admin team and asked if anyone wished to include their names. Maybe we could do more but we don't have any authority to speak on behalf of others.

lucky
02-09-2014, 05:27 PM

Not the case, mines were bought as a gift for me. It did take around 2 years to do it but we kept on trying. The share STF gifted were to fans who had bought them previously. The shares we all own are really worthless as RP and STF control the club

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Tbh we are here to provide a platform for people to have a discussion. Not to jump into bed with the club or go to war with them. We have no mandate to speak on behalf of the membership and registered users.

We sent a letter signed by the admin team and asked if anyone wished to include their names. Maybe we could do more but we don't have any authority to speak on behalf of others.

I understand that. :agree: I know there is not much any of us can do individually, but we are stronger together. And if the admins felt that strongly to fire the letter off, is there still that anger amongst them to do more?

Any admin who wants to organise a pro Petrie party could also do so.

Pretty Boy
02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
I understand that. :agree: I know there is not much any of us can do individually, but we are stronger together. And if the admins felt that strongly to fire the letter off, is there still that anger amongst them to do more?

Any admin who wants to organise a pro Petrie party could also do so.

I'm still angry.

I went along to the 1st few meeting Kano had and also to the meeting with LD and reported back whilst asking a few questions and making the odd point myself.

Tbh a few of the accusations about 'bullying', 'attention seeking', 'angry little men' and others stung a bit and if that's how what seemed a sizeable minority feel then I'm out.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm still angry.

I went along to the 1st few meeting Kano had and also to the meeting with LD and reported back whilst asking a few questions and making the odd point myself.

Tbh a few of the accusations about 'bullying', 'attention seeking', 'angry little men' and others stung a bit and if that's how what seemed a sizeable minority feel then I'm out.

Fair enough. :top marks

Bostonhibby
02-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm not expecting a vote of no confidence to be carried but it will a symbolic public effort in front off the media and board

Agree, that's where any value lies and journos are not bothered about the fine detail as we know, a large number of shareholders (which is what it would amount to measured against the other two) all expressing the same dissatisfaction is an easy story.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Are you for real?

I want STF and Rod to move on, but 'targeting' STF's other businesses to make a point? Total nonsense. Protests should be focused on Hibs because that's the focus of our attention and where the problem lies.

£90 for 2 tyres at Farmer auto care for a Renault clio, it's not just Hibs fans who get a raw deal from STF. :greengrin

schinkenotto
03-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Not the case, mines were bought as a gift for me. It did take around 2 years to do it but we kept on trying. The share STF gifted were to fans who had bought them previously. The shares we all own are really worthless as RP and STF control the club

Thanks for the correction.Your shares must have been bought from someone,who got them from STF.Mine were certainly gifted by STF,since I had bought a fair number of Forth Investments shares in the market to try to stop Mercer.Forth Investments of course became valueless.

As you say the shares are effectively worthless,simply a token effort to maintain a connection with our beloved club.

southsider
03-09-2014, 01:35 PM
So, can i write to the chairman with my full name and address (along with my seconder) stating that we intend to raise a motion of no confidence in the board at the comming AGM ? Must he agree to this ?

lucky
03-09-2014, 09:19 PM
So, can i write to the chairman with my full name and address (along with my seconder) stating that we intend to raise a motion of no confidence in the board at the comming AGM ? Must he agree to this ?

I don't know the answer but I'm happy to second the motion.

Weststandwanab
05-09-2014, 08:30 AM

Pointless.

Yes but pointless

Phil D. Rolls
05-09-2014, 08:34 AM
I don't know the answer but I'm happy to second the motion.

Smokey is that you?

FranckSuzy
05-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Pointless.

Yes but pointless

Very insightful.