PDA

View Full Version : The Acid Test

Ronniekirk
02-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Judging by the comments the vast majority of us feel the club has not invested enough in playing staff to come straight back up and as things stand I share that view . far ids injury is a contributing factor ,and lack of cover if we get injuries and suspensions is another along with an inexperienced manager and completely new back room staff .
We should still be capable of beating Cowdenbeath at Home but I am not sure I can be bothered going .Normally a few new signings and I would want to go and see how they do ,but the way I am feeling just now am not sure I will go .
So the Acid Test is are you so disheartened you won't go on Saturday or when the dust settles will go still go to this one just to see how new boys do .

The Harp Awakes
02-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Judging by the comments the vast majority of us feel the club has not invested enough in playing staff to come straight back up and as things stand I share that view . far ids injury is a contributing factor ,and lack of cover if we get injuries and suspensions is another along with an inexperienced manager and completely new back room staff .
We should still be capable of beating Cowdenbeath at Home but I am not sure I can be bothered going .Normally a few new signings and I would want to go and see how they do ,but the way I am feeling just now am not sure I will go .
So the Acid Test is are you so disheartened you won't go on Saturday or when the dust settles will go still go to this one just to see how new boys do .

Thankfully the Cowdenbeath game is not until Saturday 13th. Some ST holders might not be so depressed by then (from another disastrous transfer window) and may attend.

In terms of walk up support though it will be non-existent. £22 to watch a gutless, third rate Hibs team v Cowdenbeath is a joke.

SlickShoes
02-09-2014, 08:48 AM
I paid £56 to go to the Alloa game with my mum and dad, it was my first game this season. None of us will be in a hurry to go back, even the slightest glimpse of hope would have been enough but we were as bad or worse than last season.

Season ticket prices are £405, individual home games still cost premier league prices and the players we have do not reflect this one bit. Farid was a cracking signing by hibs but the rest are not encouraging, our goalie we only have until january!

Ronniekirk
03-09-2014, 07:23 AM
I paid £56 to go to the Alloa game with my mum and dad, it was my first game this season. None of us will be in a hurry to go back, even the slightest glimpse of hope would have been enough but we were as bad or worse than last season.

Season ticket prices are £405, individual home games still cost premier league prices and the players we have do not reflect this one bit. Farid was a cracking signing by hibs but the rest are not encouraging, our goalie we only have until january!
I missed the Alloa game and by all accounts just as well .Yep Farid is a huge loss but there have been signs that we can play football in previous games .We just weren't taking our chances .Hopefully we can get back on track and the international break gives Stubbs chance to work with the new boys and come up with system and tactics to beat Cowdenbeath and celebrate Pats Birthday .We may have Farids replacement in by then but difficult to see how we can pick up someone up who had his attributes and scoring record .

Lucius Apuleius
03-09-2014, 07:46 AM

£56? Strange amount. I got a bargain, I just paid £54 for three of us. Definitely the worst we have played this season, especially after Farid went off. Gray is an excellent full back and has been so in every other game. Kennedy has impressed as well. Not a clue why they all seemed to misfire on Saturday though.

Pretty Boy
03-09-2014, 07:55 AM
I'll be at the Cowdenbeath game. My plan to attend every league game this season is still on track and I'll be dammed if silly little things like an inferior squad, almost non existent hopes of a title challenge and an alarming lack of goalscorers is going to derail it.

About 85% of my time supporting Hibs has been watching teams that range from average to poor to occasionally downright awful, I don't see why I expected this year to be any different. The good thing is that we are about overdue our once every 6-10 year good team.

SlickShoes
03-09-2014, 08:07 AM
£56? Strange amount. I got a bargain, I just paid £54 for three of us. Definitely the worst we have played this season, especially after Farid went off. Gray is an excellent full back and has been so in every other game. Kennedy has impressed as well. Not a clue why they all seemed to misfire on Saturday though.

£2 postage made it £56 since I couldn't pick them up, maybe everyone was horrible on Saturday but that was my first game back this season and on that basis i'm not going to be rushing out to spend upwards of £20 a ticket to come to easter road and witness a similar level of performance.

Cropley10
03-09-2014, 09:03 AM

I paid £18 and they tried to charge me another £18 for two kids. Luckily we did the old two boys in one turnstile trick but it was still £27.

Probably the worst game I can recall watching. It was like watching a pub league, ball getting repeatedly blootered out the park...

Cropley10
03-09-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll be at the Cowdenbeath game. My plan to attend every league game this season is still on track and I'll be dammed if silly little things like an inferior squad, almost non existent hopes of a title challenge and an alarming lack of goalscorers is going to derail it.

About 85% of my time supporting Hibs has been watching teams that range from average to poor to occasionally downright awful, I don't see why I expected this year to be any different. The good thing is that we are about overdue our once every 6-10 year good team.

Sir, I salute your indefatigability.:greengrin

chinaman
03-09-2014, 10:00 AM
I paid £18 and they tried to charge me another £18 for two kids. Luckily we did the old two boys in one turnstile trick but it was still £27.

Probably the worst game I can recall watching. It was like watching a pub league, ball getting repeatedly blootered out the park...
Usually by fontaine

Stranraer
03-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Thankfully the Cowdenbeath game is not until Saturday 13th. Some ST holders might not be so depressed by then (from another disastrous transfer window) and may attend.

In terms of walk up support though it will be non-existent. £22 to watch a gutless, third rate Hibs team v Cowdenbeath is a joke.

It's absolutely mental that we are expected to pay that for a home game in the Championship. I go to ER when I can but not as often as I would like - a large part down to the ridiculous ticket prices.

Big Frank
03-09-2014, 10:32 AM

Quality PB :aok:

I couldnt afford to do that these days. Even if I could, I'm no sure I would.

Respect for you aiming to attend every Hibs match... I mind I was like that!

Greencore
03-09-2014, 12:36 PM

It's £20 for Ayr United here... Scottish football in general is over priced

Stranraer
03-09-2014, 12:51 PM
It's £20 for Ayr United here... Scottish football in general is over priced

£16 for Queen of the South entry, not sure if they recognise students as concessions?