PDA

View Full Version : Is this the tipping point?

Forza Fred
02-09-2014, 02:09 AM
After relegation I think it was clear to everyone that clear and resounding action was required by the board to ensure that Hibs decline - which was not a sudden shock, but evident over several years, was arrested and turned around.

The message from the fans was that we simply could not continue the way we had been going, and urgent action w as needed.

At the closing of the transfer window, for whatever reasons, it is clear that the necessary warning was not heeded by the board, or if it was, then for whatever action that was needed, was not taken.

I hate to say it, but I think I have witnessed the tipping point where Hibs having entered the lower divisions, will now be a semi permanent fixture in them.

I now will have trouble believing any of the spin that comes out of Easter Road, and aim deeply saddened.

Septimus
02-09-2014, 05:34 AM
If you look at the lower divisions some teams stand out. For instance Clyde. I recall when two regular internationals played for them. Harry Haddock, Tommy Ring. East Fife is another team who once supplied players for the Scotland team. Legs Fleming springs to mind. Third Lanark had a brilliant player called Mason. Dundee had the magnificent Billy Steel.

These teams have almost all gone the way which I fear that Hibs are going now. Declining gates, declining ambitions, and declining interest from their backers. But worst of all declining interest from the kids who could be inspired into keeping our team going in the future. My heart bleeds for children who support Hibs in the Edinburgh playgrounds today.

Yesterday was a day in which a gesture could have been made to a fan base hungry for a sign that somebody actually cares. Yesterday passed without a whisper of such a gesture.

As T.S. Elliot said. "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper"

Michael
02-09-2014, 05:47 AM
This is pretty much uncharted territory for the club. We are a struggling second tier club (albiet 4 matches in) with a threadbare squad.

But you never know...we could back to where we belong again in 5 years (getting pumped by teams from obscure European countries in Europa League qualifying). You just never know in football.

oneone73
02-09-2014, 05:50 AM
If you look at the lower divisions some teams stand out. For instance Clyde. I recall when two regular internationals played for them. Harry Haddock, Tommy Ring. East Fife is another team who once supplied players for the Scotland team. Legs Fleming springs to mind. Third Lanark had a brilliant player called Mason. Dundee had the magnificent Billy Steel.

These teams have almost all gone the way which I fear that Hibs are going now. Declining gates, declining ambitions, and declining interest from their backers. But worst of all declining interest from the kids who could be inspired into keeping our team going in the future. My heart bleeds for children who support Hibs in the Edinburgh playgrounds today.

Yesterday was a day in which a gesture could have been made to a fan base hungry for a sign that somebody actually cares. Yesterday passed without a whisper of such a gesture.

As T.S. Elliot said. "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper"

Good post. Print off and send registered post to TF, RP & LD.

Gatecrasher
02-09-2014, 06:16 AM
This transfer window summed up everything that's been wrong with the club for the last 6 years.

Judas Iscariot
02-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Tipping point was getting pumped 1-5..

The board don't give one flying **** about the fans or the product on the pitch

Can see us seriously getting in bother and rotting away in the lower leagues with a massive empty stadium and a hugely over the top training centre just to be humped off part timers

7Hero
02-09-2014, 06:33 AM

Couldn't agree more, its been one disaster after aother since.

Deano Mourinho
02-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah tipping point for me.

needs to be compromise we turn up and pay should equal investment on park we have fulfilled our side of bargain hibs have not

J-C
02-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Tipping point came when we got beat 5-1 and we allowed Fenlon to carry on, then the king of bull**** Butcher came along and ruined our club and the players, we've long past the tipping point.

Casper
02-09-2014, 06:54 AM

Good post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Beastie Bus
02-09-2014, 06:56 AM
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Petrie GTF.

JustSimplyHibs
02-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Tipping point for me... After Saturday's result they had 2 days to invest properly in the team (let alone the 80 odd days that Stubbs has been manager) and IMO failed big time.

Colr
02-09-2014, 07:29 AM
After relegation I think it was clear to everyone that clear and resounding action was required by the board to ensure that Hibs decline - which was not a sudden shock, but evident over several years, was arrested and turned around.

The message from the fans was that we simply could not continue the way we had been going, and urgent action w as needed.

At the closing of the transfer window, for whatever reasons, it is clear that the necessary warning was not heeded by the board, or if it was, then for whatever action that was needed, was not taken.

I hate to say it, but I think I have witnessed the tipping point where Hibs having entered the lower divisions, will now be a semi permanent fixture in them.

I now will have trouble believing any of the spin that comes out of Easter Road, and aim deeply saddened.

Good post. I can very much see us turning into Dundee at best Clyde at worst.

Mercer may get his wish. There will then only be one main team in Edinburgh.

Deano Mourinho
02-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Good post. I can very much see us turning into Dundee at best Clyde at worst.

Mercer may get his wish. There will then only be one main team in Edinburgh.

Needs to be a planned boycott

Islington Hibs
02-09-2014, 08:00 AM

It is a risk. Your Elliot quote sums it up nicely.

The irony is it is Hearts, not us, who should be down and out but our incompetence has seen to that. Our support is tired, ageing like the church of Scotland, and dejected. 2 years of failure have has undoubtedly impacted on the number of children supporting Hibs and there is only so much marketing crap, not backed up with action, that one can take.

I think it could well get worse, before it gets better, but while we may well be down for three, or four years, I think it is far too soon to say we are out. We remain easily the fourth, or fifth, best supported club in Scotland and ultimately that counts. This years Championship is extraordinarily tough, it won't be so competitive in two or three years time.

Since I have supported Hibs (first game 1977) we have massively under-performed. Probably averaged 6th. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and even bloody Motherwell have all had there moments in the sun. Outside the odd blip we haven't really. Given our starting point that is pretty extraordinary. However, despite it all, we are not yet out. Even if we went down again, which I think fairly unlikely, we will be back. That said our Chairman , if he had a shred of honour, would have tended his resignation for presiding over such a shambles.

Steve20
02-09-2014, 08:01 AM

There should have been a boycott before now. However, anytime it's been suggested, not enough people believe it's the way to go, which is why it won't happen.

Bobby's Cinema
02-09-2014, 08:09 AM
It's obvious now if it wasn't already that my gate money isn't going towards what's on the park.

I reached my tipping point a long time ago where I despise what is going on at the club to the point that despite my best efforts I'm pretty much one of those 'boo boys' every saturday

This is the first time I feel it affects my attendance. I love Hibs. But **** this. If the board have chosen to write off this season then so have I.

cabbageandribs1875
02-09-2014, 08:27 AM

said as much myself on more than a few occasions last season :agree: watching us the last few seasons has been horrendous for the adults alone, lord knows what affect it's having on the small kids, all they hear is anger from the crowd and the away fans having a right good wee sing-song as per, the guardians of our club should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Bruceb1875
02-09-2014, 08:31 AM
I Believed Everythin They Told us... Because I'm A Hibby. So I bought myself and my son new season tickets...... Then During The Falkirk Game where Falkirk were Beating us 1:0 and we were running out of time...my mate Tam shouted somethin out that was so true it's stuck with me ever since...
Everytime the ball went out of play for a Hibs throw in.. Our Striker Farid" was sprinting off the pitch retrieving the ball then sprinting away to get in position.. That's when it hit me....if We as A professional football club cannot even supply ball boys at the most important season of our History...
then what chance have we got of gettin it right on the park. I'm slowly getting the enthusiasm for Hibs drained from me week by week. Too many lies.

Dobosz83
02-09-2014, 08:39 AM
I find it difficult to pinpoint exactly when the tipping point was but I'll stick with when I decided not to renew my Season Ticket. Incidently that was a full time against Accies in May.

Standing at Hampden with 40,000 Hibs fans with raw emotion pouring out while Sunshine on Leith was blaring over the tannoy was the last time I remember being proud of our club. That cup winning side (including Whittaker, Murphy, Jones, Brown, Sproule, Fletcher) was sold off for millions and closed the chapter of the 'golden generation'. We'd already sold Thomson and O'Connor for good money, Deek's departure lead to us getting peanuts unfortunately.

Building East Mains and the new East Stand become of ample importance at board level to ensure the infrastructure was in place for a great future. We relied heavily on some dreadful journeymen (Joe Keenen, Mackalambay, O'Brien, Zarabi etc) with no real investment on the pitch in order to keep us going over.

The problem for me was there was no ongoing conveyor belt of talent, nor was there proof we could bring kids through like that bunch again. Ross Chisholm and Kevin McCann were nowhere near the same standard. The golden generation was a once in a lifetime event, the board blew it IMO. Nowhere near enough went to ensuring we could compete on the park.

It's been a downward spiral ever since. The revolt, Petrie backing the players, Collins walking, Petrie appointing Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon and then the catasrophic Butcher.

I went to away defeats such as 5-1 to St Johnstone, 4-1 away to Accies and the disgrace that was 6-6 against Motherwell all under Hughes.

Calderwood's tenure really doesn't need discussing. The guy couldn't wait to go straight back down the M9 first chance he got.

Fenlon overseen the 2012 Cup Final disaster and the Malmo debacle.

Butcher, were to start?

All of these Petrie appointments have another thing in common. Our Edinburgh Derby record has been appalling since I can remember. Sadly, what should be the most exciting fixture on calender has become one of dread and expected disappointment.

Fast forward to now. I'm completely disconnected, I don't even feel guilty about not going anymore. I'm totally lost with Hibs. Winds of change? Not even a breeze. There are respected posters on here telling us Petrie is still controlling all transfer dealings, I'm inclined to believe that after yesterday. Is this the tipping point? I would say so for a lot of fans but is it any wonder given some of garbage and embarassments we've endured? We don't even look like Hibs with that horrific home kit.

I don't trust the club. I won't be back until Petrie is gone. It's getting to the stage where I won't be back until we have a new owner. The question is, what division and level of mediocrity will we be at by then? East Mains and the running costs etc. Won't pay for themselves after all.

Awful times at the club.

(Sorry for the length of the post!)

mentalhibee
02-09-2014, 08:43 AM

Defo, we must do something to force change.

Smartie
02-09-2014, 08:48 AM

Can see us seriously getting in bother and rotting away in the lower leagues with a massive empty stadium and a hugely over the top training centre just to be humped off part timers

Nonsense.

At that time it was just the latest disaster in a sequence of disasters.

Fenlon had to pick up the pieces following the disaster that was Calderwood's reign. He cobbled together a bunch of loan players and managed to avoid relegation.

He's the only manager in history who has been unlucky to reach a cup final because we all know what happened there.

The rot goes back years before 1-5. We had countless opportunities to buck our ideas up prior to that, we had an opportunity then, we've had bucket loads since and we've failed at every turn.

The club is absolutely rotten and major change is required if we are ever to reverse it.

But lets not give them the satisfaction that 1-5 caused it all.

Colr
02-09-2014, 08:51 AM

Agreed along with some direct targeted action to wake the two main shareholders up and encourage them to move on.

J-C
02-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Nonsense.

At that time it was just the latest disaster in a sequence of disasters.

Fenlon had to pick up the pieces following the disaster that was Calderwood's reign. He cobbled together a bunch of loan players and managed to avoid relegation,

He's the only manager in history who has been unlucky to reach a cup final because we all know what happened there.

The rot goes back years before 1-5. We had countless opportunities to buck our ideas up prior to that, we had an opportunity then, we've had bucket loads since and we've failed at every turn.

The club is absolutely rotten and major change is required if we are ever to reverse it.

Don't call it nonsense, that was his individual tipping poine, we all a point where we just said enough was enough. My tipping point was that result then the following disaster against Malmo where the club decided Fenlon was still the guy to take us forward, it was then I realised mediocrity was all the hirarchy were interested.

Colr
02-09-2014, 09:03 AM
I find it difficult to pinpoint exactly when the tipping point was but I'll stick with when I decided not to renew my Season Ticket. Incidently that was a full time against Accies in May.

Standing at Hampden with 40,000 Hibs fans with raw emotion pouring out while Sunshine on Leith was blaring over the tannoy was the last time I remember being proud of our club. That cup winning side (including Whittaker, Murphy, Jones, Brown, Sproule, Fletcher) was sold off for millions and closed the chapter of the 'golden generation'. We'd already sold Thomson and O'Connor for good money, Deek's departure lead to us getting peanuts unfortunately.

Building East Mains and the new East Stand become of ample importance at board level to ensure the infrastructure was in place for a great future. We relied heavily on some dreadful journeymen (Joe Keenen, Mackalambay, O'Brien, Zarabi etc) with no real investment on the pitch in order to keep us going over.

The problem for me was there was no ongoing conveyor belt of talent, nor was there proof we could bring kids through like that bunch again. Ross Chisholm and Kevin McCann were nowhere near the same standard. The golden generation was a once in a lifetime event, the board blew it IMO. Nowhere near enough went to ensuring we could compete on the park.

It's been a downward spiral ever since. The revolt, Petrie backing the players, Collins walking, Petrie appointing Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon and then the catasrophic Butcher.

I went to away defeats such as 5-1 to St Johnstone, 4-1 away to Accies and the disgrace that was 6-6 against Motherwell all under Hughes.

Calderwood's tenure really doesn't need discussing. The guy couldn't wait to go straight back down the M9 first chance he got.

Butcher, were to start?

All of these Petrie appointments have another thing in common. Our Edinburgh Derby record has been appalling since I can remember. Sadly, what should be the most exciting fixture on calender has become one of dread and expected disappointment.

Fast forward to now. I'm completely disconnected, I don't even feel guilty about not going anymore. I'm totally lost with Hibs. Winds of change? Not even a breeze. There are respected posters on here telling us Petrie is still controlling all transfer dealings, I'm inclined to believe that after yesterday. Is this the tipping point? I would say so for a lot of fans but is it any wonder given some of garbage and embarassments we've endured? We don't even look like Hibs with that horrific home kit.

I don't trust the club. I won't be back until Petrie is gone. It's getting to the stage where I won't be back until we have a new owner. The question is, what division and level of mediocrity will we be at by then? East Mains and the running costs etc. Won't pay for themselves after all.

Awful times at the club.

I think the current owners see the Golden Generation as a model they would like to repeat and forms the basis of their plans. Effectively, that means being a nursery club. Trouble is it needs to be only one part of a strategy as the club needs to be sustained and will not be attractive to even young players in its current state. They are trying to create a golden egg factory but letting the goose die of neglect.

Greenblood70
02-09-2014, 09:07 AM
I've had it, absolutely scunnnered with the club. The only thing that will force change is adverse publicity for Petrie and Especially Farmer's business interests. It's also time to cut off any dialogue with the Board, it's a one way street IMHO and legitimises their spurious claim that they communicate.

Dobosz83
02-09-2014, 09:13 AM
I think the current owners see the Golden Generation as a model they would like to repeat and forms the basis of their plans. Effectively, that means being a nursery club. Trouble is it needs to be only one part of a strategy as the club needs to be sustained and will not be attractive to even young players in its current state. They are trying to create a golden egg factory but letting the goose die of neglect.

That's a great way to put it actually. I like the idea of a conveyor belt of exciting young players, but it cannot be soley relied upon like you say.

Dundee United appear to have got the balance right. Looking back now, there's no justification for not putting more of the money re. the 'golden generation' into the first team. We almost done the double that year. We should have been trying to build going into 2007/08 season. Instead, it all unravelled and now the £14 million that was accrued shows us an empty stadium and a training centre out in East Lothian.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Apathy has become the tipping point for individuals and people are deciding enough is enough. I don't see that trend reversing any time soon. Its surprisingly easy to get out of the habit of going to games which is a sad thing to have to admit and is something I couldn't really have contemplated a few years ago. I feel more connected to this messageboard than I do to the custodians of the club which I also think is a bit sad.

lord bunberry
It's not the tipping point for me, I'll be there as usual against Cowdenbeath, but I'm absolutely sick of being lied to. If we've not got any money to buy players then why don't the board just say that. Dempster is proving to be another Petrie, the only difference is she's a bit more media savvy. IMO we have never been serious about promotion this season, and that's totally unacceptable.

Smartie
Don't call it nonsense, that was his individual tipping poine, we all a point where we just said enough was enough. My tipping point was that result then the following disaster against Malmo where the club decided Fenlon was still the guy to take us forward, it was then I realised mediocrity was all the hirarchy were interested.

So 2 tipping points during Fenlon's reign alone.

These aren't tipping points - just disastrous events that we have failed to deal with. And there are a lot more than just these.

Smartie
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I'd love to think it was a tipping point.

For me it's just another example of a transfer window where we have failed to do what was required of us, the latest in a long line of many.

They happen to all clubs once or twice over the years. They happen to us every time. It has been a steady decline with us dropping further every time as the teams around us strengthen and we fail to. The teams around us are changing and are poorer teams the lower we drop.

I have no idea how far we have to drop until we have a window in which we steal a march on our competitors but every time we drop further it gets harder. We have sold a decent amount of season tickets this year and the season ticket holders have had the piss taken out of them. We could have sold more too but for this abject transfer policy.

Let's see what they do next year when they're playing in front of 2000.

greenpaper55
02-09-2014, 09:30 AM
I'd love to think it was a tipping point.

For me it's just another example of a transfer window where we have failed to do what was required of us, the latest in a long line of many.

They happen to all clubs once or twice over the years. They happen to us every time. It has been a steady decline with us dropping further every time as the teams around us strengthen and we fail to. The teams around us are changing and are poorer teams the lower we drop.

I have no idea how far we have to drop until we have a window in which we steal a march on our competitors but every time we drop further it gets harder. We have sold a decent amount of season tickets this year and the season ticket holders have had the piss taken out of them. We could have sold more too but for this abject transfer policy.

Let's see what they do next year when they're playing in front of 2000.

We have a decent amount of ST's sold but remember we have a mortgage for the new stand and are still paying the two clowns who got us relegated, Rods policy of investing in bricks and mortar is really paying off !.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Butcher, were to start?

Awful times at the club.

I agree with most of what you say, but the highlighted bit has become something that angers me more and more. We as a club and a support seemed to be so proud of building things that they became the main source of what we deemed important.

We had webcams on it, pictures daily on new seats or a digger that moved 3 foot. We as a club and a support seemed more intent on watching what was happening off the park than on it.

And while we were building the new stand and training centre, the team was disintegrating right in front of us. Never mind though, because thats all finished now and we will be stronger.

Thank you Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
02-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Don't mention the elephant in the room.

bobbyhibs1983
02-09-2014, 10:16 AM
alot of excellent points being made and i hope people whom have made them can go alone to these meetings with or ceo and put over these points.
I tihnk the only wya the board will listen to us if enough people DO NOT BUY TICKETS weather its season tickets or just tickets for walk ups(or pay at the gate /cash)

but for us not enough people will do this, imo, which means the club will shrugg there shoulders and continue what there doing.

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 10:20 AM

Great idea. :rolleyes:

Colr
02-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I've had it, absolutely scunnnered with the club. The only thing that will force change is adverse publicity for Petrie and Especially Farmer's business interests. It's also time to cut off any dialogue with the Board, it's a one way street IMHO and legitimises their spurious claim that they communicate.

Yup

The Harp Awakes
02-09-2014, 10:25 AM
It is a risk. Your Elliot quote sums it up nicely.

The irony is it is Hearts, not us, who should be down and out but our incompetence has seen to that. Our support is tired, ageing like the church of Scotland, and dejected. 2 years of failure have has undoubtedly impacted on the number of children supporting Hibs and there is only so much marketing crap, not backed up with action, that one can take.

I think it could well get worse, before it gets better, but while we may well be down for three, or four years, I think it is far too soon to say we are out. We remain easily the fourth, or fifth, best supported club in Scotland and ultimately that counts. This years Championship is extraordinarily tough, it won't be so competitive in two or three years time.

Since I have supported Hibs (first game 1977) we have massively under-performed. Probably averaged 6th. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and even bloody Motherwell have all had there moments in the sun. Outside the odd blip we haven't really. Given our starting point that is pretty extraordinary. However, despite it all, we are not yet out. Even if we went down again, which I think fairly unlikely, we will be back. That said our Chairman , if he had a shred of honour, would have tended his resignation for presiding over such a shambles.

The Club's marketing continues to be cringeworthy. The choice of this season's home strip was bad enough but the marketing claptrap about it being worn in the decade the Famous Five were born was just too much to take. Reeks of someone who's swallowed a marketing text book rather than living in the real world.

J-C
02-09-2014, 11:04 AM
So 2 tipping points during Fenlon's reign alone.

These aren't tipping points - just disastrous events that we have failed to deal with. And there are a lot more than just these.

We all understand there are a lot more but everyone has been giving their own individual example of what their tipping point was, don't mock tyhem and call it nonsense/rubbish. We have all put up with a lot of **** from this board and a lot of us have given them the benefit of the doubt a few times. personally it was the calderwood debacle that started me thinking what the **** was going on at ER and then when Fenlon took us to those two defeats and nothing was done by them, it was enough for me. Pre season against Dundee U was the 1st game back for me since Malmo, I thought we played ok, decent football and could see what Stubbs was trying to do, I've given the new CEO a chance to put our money where her mouth was and she's badly let us down by allowing Craig/Hefffernan to stay at the club while we bring in young 19 year olds on loan, the 4th loan when we were told wouldn't be happening again at ER.

This window is just another tipping point on top of the many tipping points since we won the League cup in 2007.

Smartie
02-09-2014, 11:31 AM
We all understand there are a lot more but everyone has been giving their own individual example of what their tipping point was, don't mock tyhem and call it nonsense/rubbish. We have all put up with a lot of **** from this board and a lot of us have given them the benefit of the doubt a few times. personally it was the calderwood debacle that started me thinking what the **** was going on at ER and then when Fenlon took us to those two defeats and nothing was done by them, it was enough for me. Pre season against Dundee U was the 1st game back for me since Malmo, I thought we played ok, decent football and could see what Stubbs was trying to do, I've given the new CEO a chance to put our money where her mouth was and she's badly let us down by allowing Craig/Hefffernan to stay at the club while we bring in young 19 year olds on loan, the 4th loan when we were told wouldn't be happening again at ER.

This window is just another tipping point on top of the many tipping points since we won the League cup in 2007.

Fair enough, sorry if it seemed like I was being dismissive.

For me it was just before Calderwood - Yogi's last transfer window. We got rid of Stokes at the end of the window, got Duffy in on loan and Trakys just after the window shut to compliment Nish and Riordan and Duffy got injured shortly after.

It was a grotesquely mismanaged transfer window and ensured that the drop-off in form that we'd experienced under Yogi continued. No way were we going to score enough goals to meet our ambitions with that little depth, all to obvious in a game vs St Johnstone a few weeks later when a Colin Nish bereft of confidence was the only striker we had available. Sunday league clubs are run better. Then we punt the manager a few weeks later, like it's his fault.

We've had temporary reprieves from time to time since but it's all been going in one general direction for a while.

This transfer window was a massive, massive opportunity to send a signal to our own fans that we mean business, we are going to compete for this title, show a bit of pride and that the old regime was in the past.

That they have failed so badly to demonstrate this shows us that absolutely nothing has changed and no lessons have been learned.

greenpaper55
02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Fair enough, sorry if it seemed like I was being dismissive.

For me it was just before Calderwood - Yogi's last transfer window. We got rid of Stokes at the end of the window, got Duffy in on loan and Trakys just after the window shut to compliment Nish and Riordan and Duffy got injured shortly after.

It was a grotesquely mismanaged transfer window and ensured that the drop-off in form that we'd experienced under Yogi continued. No way were we going to score enough goals to meet our ambitions with that little depth, all to obvious in a game vs St Johnstone a few weeks later when a Colin Nish bereft of confidence was the only striker we had available. Sunday league clubs are run better. Then we punt the manager a few weeks later, like it's his fault.

We've had temporary reprieves from time to time since but it's all been going in one general direction for a while.

This transfer window was a massive, massive opportunity to send a signal to our own fans that we mean business, we are going to compete for this title, show a bit of pride and that the old regime was in the past.

That they have failed so badly to demonstrate this shows us that absolutely nothing has changed and no lessons have been learned.

All good points but you forgot to factor in the cost that we have with the training centre, we have struggled since it opened as the money we paid or are paying for it was used to cover that cost of 5.5 million !. how in gods name we had to spend that amount of cash for somewhere to train is beyond me and how Petrie has not been taken to task over this overspend is shocking-half our turnover at the time i believe !. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the running costs of EM, at one time i believe it was nearly a million a year but i seem to recall this was substantially reduced a wee while back and this is a constant drain on finances year after year that is often overlooked, grandiose ideas with little to do with the product on the pitch has stuffed us big time and we must get that conduit out ASAP.

Just_Jimmy
02-09-2014, 12:15 PM
For me it was Christmas ish, 2013. I was in New York, my mate text me to tell me the score when we'd beat Killie 3-0 and I realised I had forgotten we were even playing and that tbh, I didn't even care.

I saw out my season ticket but I struggled to motivate myself for games, started skipping games, picking up extra shifts as an excuse to miss games so it was justifiable to my mates and couldn't wait til the seasons end.

My love for Hibs is well and truly done. I still care deep down but I am completely apathetic, I just don't have the fight in me for it anymore.

emerald green
02-09-2014, 06:41 PM

By coincidence this is one of the very things I was thinking about just recently when trying to get my head round where our once proud club presently finds itself.

When I was first taken to ER as a youngster, kids of my generation didn't have quite as many choices as to what to do with their free time as they do now. Sure wasn't any internet then! Those kids who are interested in football today have practically 24 hour access to watching the top teams in the world on the TV or online.

Against that background, how many kids - the club's future - are going to want to attend matches at ER regularly when all they are witnessing is constant failure? They will not want to be associated with that for very long. Hence why I find it sad, and I have to say annoying, when I see so many kids walking about in Edinburgh wearing club strips of so many clubs other than Hibs.

connerg
02-09-2014, 08:12 PM

Butcher, were to start?

Awful times at the club.

Sums up the last seven years for me too. It may sound trivial in the bigger picture of what's going on at our club but it's ***** watching Hibs without the famous white sleeves contrasting against the green body.

JMac
03-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Relegation was it for me. Hamilton was the last game for me for probably a long time, no intention of going back in the near future. Haven't renewed my season ticket and didn't really even follow the players in and out of the team during the summer. Couldn't name you our starting 11. Come on this board from time to time to see what's up but just no longer enjoy really following hibs. Until there's drastic changes at this club, I wont be back.
Cue people telling me I "Won't be missed" etc

Forza Fred
03-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Relegation was it for me. Hamilton was the last game for me for probably a long time, no intention of going back in the near future. Haven't renewed my season ticket and didn't really even follow the players in and out of the team during the summer. Couldn't name you our starting 11. Come on this board from time to time to see what's up but just no longer enjoy really following hibs. Until there's drastic changes at this club, I wont be back.
Cue people telling me I "Won't be missed" etc

The opposite in fact.

You and many others WILL be missed, and the club should painfully be aware of this.

As someone has said, it's all too easy to get out of the habit of going to football, matches, and once this happens a sizeable number may never return.

steakbake
03-09-2014, 06:22 AM
2012/2013 season was my last season ticket. So much was promised after the disaster of the cup final, so little was delivered. It's just empty PR words to prop up a business that's being run into the ground.

Despite best intentions and hard work by some, the club is going nowhere.

My hope is that something will happen to effect a change of ownership. I hope it's not an administration event but so be it if it is. Ever decreasing circles on the park means I can't see where the change is going to come from to restore footballing pride and get the fans back through the doors.

There's a malaise about the club and it's not going away. In fact I'd say the rot is pretty terminal. Unless we're totally mistaken by how this looks, then I can see us being a championship side for a long while.

Dr Jimmy
03-09-2014, 06:28 AM
The Club's marketing continues to be cringeworthy. The choice of this season's home strip was bad enough but the marketing claptrap about it being worn in the decade the Famous Five were born was just too much to take. Reeks of someone who's swallowed a marketing text book rather than living in the real world.

At a time when a lot of us were stating we felt disconnected with the club and that the club had lost its way and it's identity within the community. What does the board do? Changes the one thing that is instantly recognisable about Hibs. The strip!
No matter where any Hibby is in the world when you see any shirt, t-shirt or sports top with a green chest and white sleeves we think of Hibs.

Some will think this is a small factor, but to me it's a clear example of the people running our club being so disconnected with the fans.

GreenCastle
03-09-2014, 06:38 AM

Butcher, were to start?

Awful times at the club.

Great post - wells summed up and exactly where I am.

It's truly depressing right now and the club aren't making it any better.

Some change has happened but there is still a massive lack of trust between the fans and the board - which won't change till RP / STF move on.