PDA

View Full Version : Official confirmation of transfers now up

Juice-Terry
02-09-2014, 12:20 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4778 (Tudor-Jones released by mutual consent).

California-Hibs
02-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Absolutely brutal when you see that list. Beyond gutted at this point.

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 12:28 AM
we're gonna win the league

"Jones’ departure concludes Hibernian’s activity within the summer transfer window."

Think that may mean we expect a free transfer to come in

Juice-Terry
02-09-2014, 12:28 AM
SSN now reporting the Giudetti deal fell through because paper work could not be finished on time. So we might never know how close we came to landing Leigh. However, SSN are also reporting that Celtic are trying to get Giudetti released from Man City so they can sign him as a free agent. If they can do it with Giudetti at Man City, why can't we do the same with Griffiths at Celtic? (VERY desperate now.)

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Let it go man!

Juice-Terry
02-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Let it go man!

You're right. I will.

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 12:39 AM
THE most feeble attempt at summer recruitment by Hibs. Pathetic.

Why not just be honest and admit we are focussing on youth and a 2-3 year plan to gain promotion not this "our aim is to win the Championship" crap.

SteveHFC
02-09-2014, 12:41 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4778 (Tudor-Jones released by mutual consent).

http://i.imgur.com/oYc7P4W.gif

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Arrivals

Mark Oxley – loan from Hull City

David Gray

Liam Fontaine

Scott Allan

Matthew Kennedy – loan from Everton

Dylan McGeouch – loan from Celtic

Jake Sinclair – loan from Southampton

Farid El Alagui

So we could have 4 out of our starting 11 next game as loans (2 of which expire in 4 months).

Just over a third of our side - what investement.

GlasgowHibee
02-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Very depressing/

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 12:57 AM
We are in a very bad way! Two or three more injuries either up front or in defence and we are ******. Absolute joke!

SteveHFC
02-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Could we sign one or two free agents coming in now?

Hermit Crab
02-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Could we sign one or two free agents coming in now?

Yes we could! I'd rather not though as it's dross that are kicking about now. Most free agents are a waste of a wage.

Deansy
02-09-2014, 01:25 AM
8 players signed, 4 of them loanees ..................

We were told ST-prices were being kept at SPL level so we could invest in players - did any of these 8 cost us anything ?. Afaik none did. If this is the case, is this not fraud or at least 'taking money under false pretences' ?. Where's our money went to ?. To me this is on a par with the muppets over at the PBS with their infamous '£1m share-scheme' which was to help the team but instead went into Vlad's pockets !. Any lawyers/legal-types around that can clarify ?

No clarification is needed for the statement "Our aim is to win this league" - as it is blatantly obvious at no time did our board (RP) have any serious intention whatsoever of this.

HoboHarry
02-09-2014, 01:42 AM
8 players signed, 4 of them loanees ..................

We were told ST-prices were being kept at SPL level so we could invest in players - did any of these 8 cost us anything ?. Afaik none did. If this is the case, is this not fraud or at least 'taking money under false pretences' ?. Where's our money went to ?. To me this is on a par with the muppets over at the PBS with their infamous '£1m share-scheme' which was to help the team but instead went into Vlad's pockets !. Any lawyers/legal-types around that can clarify ?

No clarification is needed for the statement "Our aim is to win this league" - as it is blatantly obvious at no time did our board (RP) have any serious intention whatsoever of this.
Stop being hysterical. I've pointed it out on other threads but we are around 2200 season tickets sold down on last year. It's the right of anyone not to renew their ticket but in large numbers it is self defeating. Hibs have a financial black hole of approx. 440,000 because of the reduced sales.

staunchhibby
02-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Until they produce the goods the numbers are continualy going to fall.

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 01:49 AM
Stop being hysterical. I've pointed it out on other threads but we are around 2200 season tickets sold down on last year. It's the right of anyone not to renew their ticket but in large numbers it is self defeating. Hibs have a financial black hole of approx. 440,000 because of the reduced sales.

This may be true - but what have the club done to entice people back?

For christ sake, look at the cost of the STs....no wo0nder we are down

HoboHarry
02-09-2014, 01:55 AM
What can the club do other than invest the season ticket money on players? Live beyond our means and risk going bust? And don't say hearts and sevco did it because both of those clubs have major hurdles to face in the next 5 years. Maybe less for sevco.

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 02:24 AM
What can the club do other than invest the season ticket money on players? Live beyond our means and risk going bust? And don't say hearts and sevco did it because both of those clubs have major hurdles to face in the next 5 years. Maybe less for sevco.

Yes, because the only 2 options are dont spend or go bust.

A little ambition will generally improve what is on offer, therefore attarcting people to pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch, in some case, part time sides.

Obviously what we are being offered now does nothing to attract fans back....infact, I looks like its driving customers away.

Nice job Hibs, real nice.

HoboHarry
02-09-2014, 02:47 AM
Yes, because the only 2 options are dont spend or go bust.

A little ambition will generally improve what is on offer, therefore attarcting people to pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch, in some case, part time sides.

Obviously what we are being offered now does nothing to attract fans back....infact, I looks like its driving customers away.

Nice job Hibs, real nice.
Wrong, the third option is spend what you have to spend and no more. In saying that - and I have no wish to cause offence - I think you have been drinking and/or you are at the wind up. Either way I am done with this conversation.

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 03:10 AM
Wrong, the third option is spend what you have to spend and no more. In saying that - and I have no wish to cause offence - I think you have been drinking and/or you are at the wind up. Either way I am done with this conversation.

:thumbsup:

You're right - we should be delighted with whats being served up from Hibs at the moment

Another season the Championship, minus possibly 2 of the big sides will have fans flocking back in there droves

We shouldnt feel short changed in any way shape or form.

What makes you think ive been drinking btw?

HoboHarry
02-09-2014, 03:37 AM
:thumbsup:

You're right - we should be delighted with whats being served up from Hibs at the moment

Another season the Championship, minus possibly 2 of the big sides will have fans flocking back in there droves

We shouldnt feel short changed in any way shape or form.

What makes you think ive been drinking btw?
I don't think you have been drinking which leaves only the possibility that you are at the wind-up. You are simply repeating throw away lines referring to accepting mediocrity which has been repeated ad nauseam on these forums. You are putting forward nothing in the way of serious suggestions - simply complaining, which leaves your posts devoid of credibility.

Few, if any any, Hibs fans are happy with the status quo - but ignoring and dismissing financial reality makes you sound like an hysterical teenager and leaves your posts looking a bit lightweight on the intellectual front.

I said I was done and I am this time - I just felt it was necessary to respond this one last time

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 04:03 AM
I don't think you have been drinking which leaves only the possibility that you are at the wind-up. You are simply repeating throw away lines referring to accepting mediocrity which has been repeated ad nauseam on these forums. You are putting forward nothing in the way of serious suggestions - simply complaining, which leaves your posts devoid of credibility.

Few, if any any, Hibs fans are happy with the status quo - but ignoring and dismissing financial reality makes you sound like an hysterical teenager and leaves your posts looking a bit lightweight on the intellectual front.

I said I was done and I am this time - I just felt it was necessary to respond this one last time

Surely the argument is flawed though - without a decent product income undoubtedly falls (through fans walking away)

Next year with less fans, and another season is the Championship = even less to spend on the side

Repeat, until we are on par with Falkirk

Thats where we are headed.

As a club we shouldnt be in the Championship, but we are, therefore we should be making a huge push to get back to the top division.

That involves spending to induce income.

it shouldnt involve asking the fans to pay more than alot of SPL sides for season tickets, and then signing only 4 players on permanent contracts.

Also, fans have the right to "simply complain"

We have all invested thousands of pounds into Hibs, and have continually been short changed

its about time Hibs made the first move

HH81
02-09-2014, 04:31 AM

Hibs released 16 (think) players and only signed 4. The wage bill therefore has to be smaller? Were in a lower league too so should be paying less money out.

The club are to blame for the fall in season ticket sales, how would you access their summer of change? I am calling it a summer of wet farts. It was there to see from July that the club were not challenging this season.

California-Hibs
02-09-2014, 04:35 AM
Surely the argument is flawed though - without a decent product income undoubtedly falls (through fans walking away)

Next year with less fans, and another season is the Championship = even less to spend on the side

Repeat, until we are on par with Falkirk

Thats where we are headed.

As a club we shouldnt be in the Championship, but we are, therefore we should be making a huge push to get back to the top division.

That involves spending to induce income.

it shouldnt involve asking the fans to pay more than alot of SPL sides for season tickets, and then signing only 4 players on permanent contracts.

Also, fans have the right to "simply complain"

We have all invested thousands of pounds into Hibs, and have continually been short changed

its about time Hibs made the first move

Absolutely spot on.

Gatecrasher
02-09-2014, 05:50 AM
I think the business that we have done is pretty decent but no where near enough.

bingo70
02-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Have we not missed out about a dozen players from the players out column?

Hibeesforever
02-09-2014, 06:04 AM
A really sad window, our club is a laughing stock and at its lowest ever point. The owner and Chairman are to blame. If they cannot afford to invest in a football team, then they should go now. Look at the stadium and training ground because there is nothing to be proud of on the pitch. Why were season tickets at SPL levels ? The chorus will get louder this week. Really sad but those two individuals brought this directly on the club through their incompetence. A scandal that through their tenure both Sir Tom and Roderick Petrie said they had no interest in football!

lucky
02-09-2014, 06:10 AM

Yes, another poor PR attempt to hoodwink the fans. We are still getting treated like mugs but by a different front person.

Canongatehibs
02-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Absolute rubbish from the board. Total lack of ambition. Looking forward to playing the likes of Forfar next season.

CHEERS ROD PETRIE.

Judas Iscariot
02-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Well worth the full price season tickets though eh

overdrive
02-09-2014, 06:23 AM
A tad cheeky to count only those who left whilst under contract as the 'outs'. It makes it look like we've brought in more than has left which isn't true. Looks like they saw the 'bingo' posts when they were browsing the forum last night and avoided the terms.

bingo70
02-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Yes, another poor PR attempt to hoodwink the fans. We are still getting treated like mugs but by a different front person.

What I was thinking.

It's just a wee thing and there's far bigger things about the club that are bothering me just now but it's just another wee thing that gets on my tits. They're listing the players that have left the club this window so just list them all eh. Dinnae go missing out a chunk of them to try and make the window look better than it was.

matty_f
02-09-2014, 06:36 AM
What I was thinking.

It's just a wee thing and there's far bigger things about the club that are bothering me just now but it's just another wee thing that gets on my tits. They're listing the players that have left the club this window so just list them all eh. Dinnae go missing out a chunk of them to try and make the window look better than it was.

The mental thing about that is that if we had taken this window seriously, listing the changes would have been a huge positive for the fans. The relegated players out, new players in to replace them.

It would have made great reading. Instead we get this nonsense.

I'm seriously losing the plot with Hibs these days, it's almost like the folk running the show are going out of their way to be incompetent.

Shan strips? Check.
Still got half of the worst Hibs team in recent years? Check.
Managed to somehow find a way to not be able to sack the shan management team that relegated us? Check.
Tell everyone you don't like loans then get loads of them? Check.
Fan meeting on transfer deadline day? Check.
Sit third bottom of the Championship. Check.
Tell season ticket holders that paid full whack for their season tickets that it'll help get a squad together to get promoted and then pish yourselves laughing as you fail to put a squad anything like good enough together. Check.
Shan press statements about grass growing or with a list of outgoing players that in no way reflects the number of outgoing players that really left. Check.
Promise a wind of change and come up with not even a particularly obnoxious fart? Check.
Treat the fans with utter contempt. Check.

Callum_62
02-09-2014, 06:40 AM
The mental thing about that is that if we had taken this window seriously, listing the changes would have been a huge positive for the fans. The relegated players out, new players in to replace them.

I'm seriously losing the plot with Hibs these days, it's almost like the folk running the show are going out of their way to be incompetent.

Shan strips? Check.
Managed to somehow find a way to not be able to sack the shan management team that relegated us? Check.
Tell season ticket holders that paid full whack for their season tickets that it'll help get a squad together to get promoted and then pish yourselves laughing as you fail to put a squad anything like good enough together. Check.
Shan press statements about grass growing or with a list of outgoing players that in no way reflects the number of outgoing players that really left. Check.
Promise a wind of change and come up with not even a particularly obnoxious fart? Check.

admit it, youve been drinking. :greengrin

bingo70
02-09-2014, 06:55 AM

Shan strips? Check.

Yup, I logged on this morning thinking I was going to try and be positive about the signings we did get. Then I read that statement and all I'm thinking is cheeky *******s, can't even put out what should be a simple factual statement without lying

The Leith Dutch
02-09-2014, 06:56 AM

Yep.
Including the three loanees (Watmore, Boatang and Haynes) we released 24 players since the end of the season.

That obviously includes kids with little or no first team experience but hey, if they're including them in the "Ins" column they should ******ing well be including them in the "Outs" column.

That bit on the website is a proper Buckaroo moment for me because I can't see *any* reason why there are so many players missing other than in a really bad attempt to mislead people.

Even ignoring the youth players and the loans the following players are strangely missing:
Thompson, McPake, Cairney, Caldwell, Maybury, Taiwo and Williams.

FYI - The complete list from the BBC:
James Collins, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27698003) forward (Shrewsbury Town, undisclosed); Kevin Thomson, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27629572) midfielder (Dundee); James McPake, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/Kevin%20Thomson,) defender (Dundee); Paul Cairney, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28091890) midfielder (Kilmarnock); Ross Caldwell, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28297149) forward (St Mirren); Ryan McGivern, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28093952) defender (Port Vale); Alan Maybury, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28147322) defender (Falkirk); Tom Taiwo, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28147322) midfielder (Falkirk); Bradley Donaldson, defender (Livingston); Ryan Baptie, defender (Inverness Caledonian Thistle); Ben Williams, goalkeeper (Bradford City); Paul Grant, goalkeeper (Livingston); Robert Wilson, defender (Airdrieonians); Jay Doyle, forward (East Stirlingshire); Dean Horribine, midfielder (Berwick Rangers); David Gold, midfielder (Berwick Rangers); Euan Bauld, defender (Berwick Rangers); Sean Murdoch, goalkeeper, Euan Smith, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28692881) midfielder (Kilmarnock). Michael Nelson (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28935343) (Cambridge Utd) Loan ended: Daniel Boateng, defender (Arsenal); Danny Haynes, forward (Notts County); Duncan Watmore, midfielder (Sunderland).

Maybe we can only afford Cut or Paste until the ******ing fans buy some more season tickets.

One Day Soon
02-09-2014, 06:57 AM

Shan strips? Check.

Totally nailed it Matty.

HoboHarry's position seems to be that the club should assume the current level of season ticket holders and pay at gate fans is all that can be got. Therefore take them for the money that is there to be had, minimise expenditure and sit tight and hope. The footballing equivalent would be formation of a goalkeeper and two defensive lines of five.

Languishing in the Championship is not going to bring the crowds back. Languishing in the Championship with a poor squad, losing games and finding it difficult to score is going to make it even worse.

This was absolutely the season to be more adventurous. We aren't talking Sauzee and Latapy adventurous, we are simply talking about achieving an adequately sized squad with at least a first pick player in each position who is good enough to merit the jersey. We simply don't have that. With injuries and suspensions we will be threadbare.

None of the above is living outwith our means. The Rangers and Hearts have assembled good first 11 teams. They have done this while carrying pretty restrictive financial challenges. All the evidence suggests we have attempted to do one thing - cut costs.

There are only three conclusions to be drawn. Either we have been lied to about the ambition for this season or the club has shown spectacular incompetence or breathtaking complacency.

No-one in any position of real authority at the club bleeds green. They aren't Hibernian in their souls. They just don't get it.

db03
02-09-2014, 07:00 AM
I honestly can not believe Hibs have allowed this to happen.

We had a whole summer to get this sorted out and have blown it BIG TIME. I am sick to the back teeth of looking for the positives now.
I really like what Stubbs brings to us but cant help feel he too has been let down from our club. Horrible stuff now, we thought things were bad before. I don't think we have seen anything yet compared to what we are going to see now :worried:

Coco Bryce
02-09-2014, 07:00 AM

Shan strips? Check.

Fantastic post Matty :top marks

DaveF
02-09-2014, 07:05 AM
I can't wait for March 2015 when Hibs PR try to entice me to part with another £380 to invest in the team.

Jpdhfc
02-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Hibs released 16 (think) players and only signed 4. The wage bill therefore has to be smaller? Were in a lower league too so should be paying less money out.

The club are to blame for the fall in season ticket sales, how would you access their summer of change? I am calling it a summer of wet farts. It was there to see from July that the club were not challenging this season.
Also clubs that were relegated last season recived parachute payments do
Not think the black hole is as big as some think

Jpdhfc
02-09-2014, 07:10 AM
admit it, youve been drinking. :greengrin

It's all hibs fault drive you to drink

LancsHibs
02-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Disappointing day, two 19 year olds on loan, one or both might turn out to be excellent but you can't expect a couple of kids to rescue the season!! Expect we were relying on Heffernan leaving to bring in another more senior striker?

Sudds_1
02-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Arrivals

David Gray

Liam Fontaine

Scott Allan

Farid El Alagui

So we could have 4 out of our starting 11 next game as loans (2 of which expire in 4 months).

Just over a third of our side - what investement.

Yep. I feel a wee bit duped. I'm sure they claimed that all of us who paid full whack for season tickets this year need not be dishearteed since were contributing to the new wind of change - and that all that extra cash woud be invested in the playing side. We all bought into that (well I did) and it defused the pressure for refunds following relegation.

So........................just how much has been invested?
:confused:

LancsHibs
02-09-2014, 07:15 AM

Shan strips? Check.

Take two weeks to relieve incompetent shan manager who somehow managed to get us relegated instead of two minutes. check

WHUHibs
02-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Shan strips? Check.

I was feeling guilty at not renewing my season ticket, first time since 1987 but actually I don't. I sat yesterday contemplating maybe just maybe I will do it when I see positives but I can't. I even believed the nonsense on Griffiths and that gave me hope. My lad plays under 19s so the last few seasons I bought anyway and attended what games we could not on a Saturday or when he was injured.

I'm totally flabbergasted at the way the wind of change was happening it didn't even reach a light breeze! Still waiting my approval to attend tonight but not sure at this late stage I'm not getting an invite, perhaps on reflection it would be better not to go as I'm fed up of listening to hot air.

Our club is on it's knees and we seem powerless to do anything about it!

HibbyKeith
02-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Hibs offical summer transfer list presented to clearly the dumbest fans in the world...
Arrivals

David Gray

Liam Fontaine

Scott Allan

Farid El Alagui

Departures

Michael Nelson – Cambridge United

James Collins – Shrewsbury Town

Ryan McGivern – Port Vale

Owain Tudur Jones – contract terminated by mutual consent

The reality is the Hibs fans are not f******g stupid

Arrivals as above...

Departures

Ben Williams
Sean Murdoch
Paul Grant
Alan Maybury
James McPake
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Daniel Boetang (loan ended)
Tom Taiwo
Kevin Thomson
Owain Tudur Jones
Paul Cairney
Duncan Watmore (loan ended)
Danny Haynes (loan ended)
Ross Caldwell
James Collins

Academy player Departures

Ryan Baptie
Brad Donaldson
Robert Wilson
Jay Doyle
Dean Horribine
David Gold
Euan Bauld
Euan Smith
Andrew Black

Have i missed anyone?

If I done a Hibs I could put extra spaces between each name to make the list look even longer.

Leith Green
02-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Absolute ****ing joke... I am actually ashamed of these *******s ruining our club..

Gettin' Auld
02-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Hibs released 16 (think) players and only signed 4. The wage bill therefore has to be smaller? Were in a lower league too so should be paying less money out. We also got a hefty 'parachute payment' for being relegated too.

Hibs1992
02-09-2014, 11:15 AM
The mental thing about that is that if we had taken this window seriously, listing the changes would have been a huge positive for the fans. The relegated players out, new players in to replace them. It would have made great reading. Instead we get this nonsense. I'm seriously losing the plot with Hibs these days, it's almost like the folk running the show are going out of their way to be incompetent. Shan strips? Check. Still got half of the worst Hibs team in recent years? Check. Managed to somehow find a way to not be able to sack the shan management team that relegated us? Check. Tell everyone you don't like loans then get loads of them? Check. Fan meeting on transfer deadline day? Check. Sit third bottom of the Championship. Check. Tell season ticket holders that paid full whack for their season tickets that it'll help get a squad together to get promoted and then pish yourselves laughing as you fail to put a squad anything like good enough together. Check. Shan press statements about grass growing or with a list of outgoing players that in no way reflects the number of outgoing players that really left. Check. Promise a wind of change and come up with not even a particularly obnoxious fart? Check. Treat the fans with utter contempt. Check. Yup. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Radium
02-09-2014, 11:26 AM
We get a £500k payment but winning the league is worth only £400k. Goes down to £300k for third. 10th in the Premiership is £900k. So if we go up this year the prize money may not be very different to recent years. We have less season tickets so that will impact AND again we find ourselves paying for an extra management team who failed to deliver. So talk of parachute payments is misleading. We have less money. We needed to generate supporters interest. We needed to improve on the pitch. Irrespective of how hard people have worked the club has come up short on both fronts.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 11:59 AM
SSN now reporting the Giudetti deal fell through because paper work could not be finished on time. So we might never know how close we came to landing Leigh. However, SSN are also reporting that Celtic are trying to get Giudetti released from Man City so they can sign him as a free agent. If they can do it with Giudetti at Man City, why can't we do the same with Griffiths at Celtic? (VERY desperate now.)

We never came close to getting Griffiths, we made two phone calls to celtc over the weekend and both times Hibs were told he is going nowhere, that's is far as we got, end of story, there was never any "done deal" at Hibs end, if there was then that is called tapping up a player, i don't believe that Griffiths is in any hurry to leave celtc yet.

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 12:03 PM

How many ST did we sell the season before.?

HibbyAndy
02-09-2014, 12:05 PM
We never came close to getting Griffiths, we made two phone calls to celtc over the weekend and both times Hibs were told he is going nowhere, that's is far as we got, end of story, there was never any "done deal" at Hibs end, if there was then that is called tapping up a player, i don't believe that Griffiths is in any hurry to leave celtc yet.

Yet some ITK posters on here claimed everything at hibs end was done and it was up to Celtc?

silverhibee
02-09-2014, 12:09 PM

They have Bingo.

That's how i see it Lucky, treating us like idiots, lets just forget about KT McPake etc etc etc that were all released, they were never here as far as the club can see.

Mr White
02-09-2014, 12:19 PM
In fairness those other players - taiwo mcpake maybury thomson all left the club before the window opened. The list does say during the window.

overdrive
02-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Did the Club ever officially confirm that Caldwell had left? I don't remember any press release or website article from Hibs?

HibbyKeith
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Did the Club ever officially confirm that Caldwell had left? I don't remember any press release or website article from Hibs?

I doubt it, the official website still has nothing about our main strikers injury at the weekend either.

If you want to be kept up to date on all things Hibs it's here or the bounce it seems.

Sergio sledge
02-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Hibs offical summer transfer list presented to clearly the dumbest fans in the world...
Arrivals

David Gray

Liam Fontaine

Scott Allan

Farid El Alagui

Departures

Michael Nelson – Cambridge United

James Collins – Shrewsbury Town

Ryan McGivern – Port Vale

Owain Tudur Jones – contract terminated by mutual consent

The reality is the Hibs fans are not f******g stupid

Arrivals as above...

Departures

Ben Williams
Sean Murdoch
Paul Grant
Alan Maybury
James McPake
Michael Nelson
Ryan McGivern
Daniel Boetang (loan ended)
Tom Taiwo
Kevin Thomson
Owain Tudur Jones
Paul Cairney
Duncan Watmore (loan ended)
Danny Haynes (loan ended)
Ross Caldwell
James Collins

Academy player Departures

Ryan Baptie
Brad Donaldson
Robert Wilson
Jay Doyle
Dean Horribine
David Gold
Euan Bauld
Euan Smith
Andrew Black

Have i missed anyone?

If I done a Hibs I could put extra spaces between each name to make the list look even longer.

Not that I disagree with the general theme of this thread, but Hibs never really list the academy departures IIRC and this number is probably pretty standard for most years as younger players come into the academy to see if they develop into players ready for the first team. If you are going to include them on the list of departures you'll need to add a list of all the players promoted to or signed to the academy this year too.

The quality of the players we have signed seems to be better than those that left (don't we say that every season?)but we definitely needed more players to be signed as our squad is really light. If we sign another forward to replace Farid, I'm fairly confident that our first team is good enough to finish top 3 this season and get into the playoffs, but we would have to rely on remarkable good fortune with injuries and suspensions because our squad is really weak.

Crazyhorse
02-09-2014, 02:46 PM

The only 'hysteria' I detect comes from the last surviving members of the Farmer-Petrie cult when they try to shout down unbelievers asking awkward questions.

As I understand it the club has released twice as many players as it brought in and has cut wages for those remaining. The club also received a parachute payment of £500k I think? This was the season to buy in some quality to challenge for promotion.

The 'black hole' you refer to will be evident next season when we are kicking around with a bunch of part-time teams. We will of course be able to respond to any mocking Jambos by pointing to our excellent training facility, and our balance sheets over the past 10 years.

davhibby
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Anyone that was out of contract at the end of last season left before the transfer window and so there is no reason why they should be on the list