PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson

Hibeesmad
01-09-2014, 07:03 PM
In talks with Falkirk apparently

Pretty Boy
01-09-2014, 07:06 PM
If him going meant we could bring another in (Pattison?) I'd be delighted.

Allan45
Glad to see him go to be honest...

Mr White
Probably best for us and him but I'll be disappointed in the sense that I expected a lot more from him. Can't fault him for effort but often poor passing and stupid fouls.

Aldo
01-09-2014, 07:07 PM
If him going meant we could bring another in (Pattison?) I'd be delighted.

I'd be happier if he took Craig with him.

TheFamous1875
01-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Got his move down South under Houston, so you can see the connection. Would prefer to keep Robertson over Craig though as the latter never shows what he's capable of. At least Robertson provides energy and drive.

Scottie
01-09-2014, 07:08 PM

Great news if true

Hopefully can take Liam Craig with him for the ride :aok:

Billychaotic182
01-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Would be disappointed to see him go as I think he is a good player

Bleeds green
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Would be disappointed he's being held back by youngsters and Craig almost as if he tries too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibstrooper
Makes no sense to me. Why would we strengthen one our main rivals?

ok he hasn't started the season great however there is definitely a player in there.

Big Ed
I've heard Falkirk are speaking to Scott Robinson of Hearts...

Mix up?

Borderhibbie76
I assume we are signing someone else then as this leaves the squad even more threadbare??

mentalhibee
Hope this is true!

Hibeesmad
01-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Mix up?

I heard that they are in talks with both

Greenblood70
Would prefer to see the back of Craig tbh, Robertson ain't much cop either, he's marginally less ***** tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheFamous1875
Probably best for us and him but I'll be disappointed in the sense that I expected a lot more from him. Can't fault him for effort but often poor passing and stupid fouls.

I've a similar disposition to yoursel'. I though it was a very good piece of business by Fenlon, bringing him here. Then again, I've expected a lot more from my football club as whole for most of my life and I've scarcely seen us show our true potential, if ever at all.

Either way, whatever happens, I hope it benefits our club.

southsider
Me too. We need some steel in the middle of the park. A Desy Bremner type would be great.

SMAXXA

Mix up?

Heared they are speaking to both

snooky
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I assume we are signing someone else then as this leaves the squad even more threadbare??

My thoughts exactly.
Mind you, we've plenty of time to look for a replacement :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy

ok he hasn't started the season great however there is definitely a player in there.

Strenghten?

He spent his 1st 6 months at Hibs trying to find something resembling fitness. Started last season with some spectaculatly average performances, got injured then spent the last few games trying to regain fitness again.

cabbage_88
Would MUCH rather Craig went. As long as he's here, he's going to be captain and he is anything but a captain - its as if he's playing hide and seek most weeks except he never seeks.

Not saying Robertson is much better but would much prefer Craig to leave.

DC_Hibs
01-09-2014, 07:14 PM

Strengthen????

I've been waiting for him to show an ounce of footballing ability since he joined and there's been absolutely no sign of that.

Good energy though!

I have no idea how he supposedly looked good at United and got a move to the championship as he has done nowt for us other than be a major part of a relegation squad and been part of an experienced midfield second best to the kids that the Saviles played last season.

Cheerio and shame his sidekick isn't going with him.........

SMAXXA
01-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Doesnt really mate, Craig, Stanton, Allan, Dylan, Lewis, handling, Kennedy, Harris all midfielders don't think it will affect us.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 07:15 PM
We need to be adding to such a small squad, not replacing or reducing!

woodyhfc4892
01-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Robertson being injured last season along with Hanlon was one of the reasons we went down! Great energy and gets stuck in unlike the rest

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Doesnt really mate, Craig, Stanton, Allan, Dylan, Lewis, handling, Kennedy, Harris all midfielders don't think it will affect us.
Is that your way of telling us no more signings smax?

stantonhibby
01-09-2014, 07:20 PM

& McGeouch.

silverhibee
01-09-2014, 07:23 PM

I would be over the moon if this happened. Please Please Please

BSEJVT
01-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Robertson being injured last season along with Hanlon was one of the reasons we went down! Great energy and gets stuck in unlike the rest

Robertson is a pitiful player made to look better than he is by the fact that Craig is ten times worse.

SMAXXA
01-09-2014, 07:24 PM
& McGeouch.

I said him just said Dylan as couldn't be bothered toying his surname :greengrin

Aldo
I would be over the moon if this happened. Please Please Please

Would be the best bit of business we could do this window?? Well.......

lucky
He runs about a lot but does nothing with the ball. Won't be a big miss

stantonhibby
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I said him just said Dylan as couldn't be bothered toying his surname :greengrin

So you did. Sorry!

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2014, 07:27 PM
apart from maybe allen, he is still the best cm at the club.

edit. much rather robertson than craig playing in my cm. its about what we have, and he is the best of what we have :)

.Sean.
01-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Bothered, he can take Captain Fantastic with him anaw.

AlbertK86
01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Bothered, he can take Captain Fantastic with him anaw.

Would keep Robertson ahead of Craig but more than happy if both got punted

3pm
01-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Gutted Robertson is leaving.

basehibby
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Not a good move IMO - provides energy allied with decent footballing ability as well as much needed experience to our midfield - ok he got sent off vs the Yams but a net contributor over the piece IMO who's injury coincided with the start of our slide last season - also about the only player I'd call a box to box midfielder that we have at the moment.

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Puts himself about in midfield and at least shows a bit of heart - I felt we missed him when he was injured last season.

Certainly not where I'd look to start cutting an already limited squad - not the greatest ball winner but far more capable of tackling and gaining possession than most of the rest of our midfield.

ekhibee
01-09-2014, 08:45 PM
I find it hard to believe Hibs will let him go unless they've got a ready made replacement, the squad's small enough as it is. Where does this Falkirk rumour come from? It's not on BBC Sportsound website or Sky.

leggeto
01-09-2014, 08:47 PM
If he was playing in my back garden I'd shut the curtains

Radium
01-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Robertson or Robinson?

Weststandwanab
01-09-2014, 08:48 PM
That is a ****ing stupid idea

Bostonhibby
01-09-2014, 08:49 PM
I find it hard to believe Hibs will let him go unless they've got a ready made replacement, the squad's small enough as it is. Where does this Falkirk rumour come from? It's not on BBC Sportsound website or Sky.

Talking to Scott Robinson, released by the yam?

adhibs
01-09-2014, 08:49 PM

watching people play football on their own generally isnt much fun

Hibstrooper
01-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Strenghten?

Strengthen..

Yip strenghten. Falkirk must feel they need to add a midfielder to their squad, despite what you think of Robertson Falkirk must rate him - remember they've got James McDonagh too so they will know what they are getting.

PPZPOL
01-09-2014, 08:52 PM

You'd have to have a big garden.........

hibees 7062
01-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Robertson or Robinson?

Pattison and Mcgeough :wink:

madhibee_again
01-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Deal stalled according to Jamie Borthwick on twitter.

Billy Whizz
01-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Craig gets pelters, but Robertson is ok?

easty
01-09-2014, 08:59 PM

Nae you wouldnae. You'd be like "what the **** is he doing playing football in my garden? That's just weird". Then you'd video him on your phone. Make it a Vine. And post it on here.

Ronniekirk
01-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Now there a Surprise Aldo :wink:

IanM
01-09-2014, 09:05 PM
@Kenny_Millar: No truth in talk of Scott Robertson going from Hibs to Falkirk.

Aldo
01-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Now there a Surprise Aldo :wink:

Ronnie I thought he had turned over a new leaf but it was a false dawn.

The guy should be nowhere near the jersey let alone club captain.

3pm
01-09-2014, 10:49 PM
@Kenny_Millar: No truth in talk of Scott Robertson going from Hibs to Falkirk.

Furious.

hibeemikey21
01-09-2014, 10:54 PM
You'd have to have a big garden.........

I very much enjoyed this comment

macd123
01-09-2014, 11:10 PM
I just can't comprehend why we are keeping craig and robertson as our defensive mid options. It will probably destroy them. They can't do it. They are going to get abused and booed till their confidence is shattered until they are eventually benched and replaced - probably by a teenager.

monktonharp
01-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Robertson being injured last season along with Hanlon was one of the reasons we went down! Great energy and gets stuck in unlike the restthe other reason, was that we kept playing CRAIG.

AgentDaleCooper
01-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Would prefer to see the back of Craig tbh, Robertson ain't much cop either, he's marginally less ***** tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The depressing thing is that they've both persormed very well in seasons not long passed for other clubs. 'The hibs effect'.

monktonharp
02-09-2014, 12:02 AM
I just can't comprehend why we are keeping craig and robertson as our defensive mid options. It will probably destroy them. They can't do it. They are going to get abused and booed till their confidence is shattered until they are eventually benched and replaced - probably by a teenager.They both self destructed last season, on account of their frequent pish performances, continually moaning to all around, to the ref, and frequently getting booked instead of getting on with the job in hand. both, were the main reason we were relegated, sorry it's my opinion and sticking to it.
Both, again surprised me with their respective gutsy performance(s) at the recent Derby, but as I thought might happen, both somehow contrived to change what could have been good performances into absolute disasters from both of them, and heaped more misery onto the fans. sick of the sight of them both

monktonharp
02-09-2014, 12:04 AM
The depressing thing is that they've both persormed very well in seasons not long passed for other clubs. 'The hibs effect'.they are the original "double act" in terms of failing to do the right thing(s).

KiddA
02-09-2014, 02:47 AM

Now for Stevenson, Craig and Heff these guys need to move on as they give the team nothing. Part of the team that went down and will maybe free up some money.

macd123
02-09-2014, 04:17 AM
They both self destructed last season, on account of their frequent pish performances, continually moaning to all around, to the ref, and frequently getting booked instead of getting on with the job in hand. both, were the main reason we were relegated, sorry it's my opinion and sticking to it.
Both, again surprised me with their respective gutsy performance(s) at the recent Derby, but as I thought might happen, both somehow contrived to change what could have been good performances into absolute disasters from both of them, and heaped more misery onto the fans. sick of the sight of them both

Our stats since they became the central midfield pairing must be something like won 4, drawn 6, lost 30.

brog
02-09-2014, 07:02 AM
This thread should go to the Vault, it's a classic Hibs Net thread. Falkirk talk to Scott Robinson & David Smith of Yams, both of whom have been told they can go & they, Falkirk, sign Smith. Meanwhile we have a 3 page thread debating the merits of one of our players, Scott Robertson, who AFAIK, was never at any time the subject of a move from us to Falkirk. Another Net Fact strangled at birth!

J-C
02-09-2014, 07:06 AM
This thread should go to the Vault, it's a classic Hibs Net thread. Falkirk talk to Scott Robinson & David Smith of Yams, both of whom have been told they can go & they, Falkirk, sign Smith. Meanwhile we have a 3 page thread debating the merits of one of our players, Scott Robertson, who AFAIK, was never at any time the subject of a move from us to Falkirk. Another Net Fact strangled at birth!

Someone mentioned the mistake about 3 pages ago but the blind posters keep commenting about Robertson, for me I like him, he has energy, is a natural box 2 box which we don't haveand will get stuck in and show a bit of heart at least unlike like captain courageous.

flash
02-09-2014, 07:33 AM
To be fair at least the confusion has given people the chance to give another one of our players a good kicking so it's not all bad. If i hated everything to do with Hibs i would stop posting here and stop going to the games.

As it is i am angry with the owner and can't stand the chairman but that's not enough to make me throw a hissy fit, send my season ticket back (if i had one in the first place) and generally behave like a 5 year old.

Still each to their own.

leggeto
02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Nae you wouldnae. You'd be like "what the **** is he doing playing football in my garden? That's just weird". Then you'd video him on your phone. Make it a Vine. And post it on here.

I'd probably chase him to be honest

HappyHibby93
02-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Am I the only Hibbee left that rates Liam Criag?

Lang Toun Hibs
02-09-2014, 12:15 PM

No!

J-C
02-09-2014, 12:15 PM

Yes

Lago
02-09-2014, 12:22 PM

Your brave

BSEJVT
02-09-2014, 01:29 PM

Difficult to say without further info.

What do you rate him at? Darts, Cooking

What are you comparing him against? Chickens, Mice. under 7's ( apologies to any under 7's)

What would you say were the qualities he currently brings to this Hibs team?

How would you describe the mental fortitude he has shown?

How would you rate his leadership qualities?

How would you rate his tackling, Ball retention, passing, shooting, penalty taking?

How would you rate his ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck, to inspire those around him by his actions and words?

In the pantheon of great Hibs players where would you rate him?

allezsauzee
02-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Now for Stevenson, Craig and Heff these guys need to move on as they give the team nothing. Part of the team that went down and will maybe free up some money.

Stevenson? behave yourself

J-C
02-09-2014, 03:07 PM

Of all the players to blame for last years shambles, Stevenson was one of the few that got pass marks but certain people have agendas against certain players.

Johnny_hfc
02-09-2014, 03:16 PM

He's simply not good enough; he has a good engine but for a full back his passing, crossing and positional awareness is poor and we need more quality there.

With regards to Robertson, his fitness is shocking for a professional; he can't last more than 60 minutes.

1987kev
02-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Of all the players to blame for last years shambles, Stevenson was one of the few that got pass marks but certain people have agendas against certain players.

Really? The guy plays left back but couldn't keep mcgriven out the team, he plays left mid but couldn't keep Craig out the team, prob 2 out of 3 worst players last season and he couldn't hold down a place in the team every week. I honest don't see why people on here think Stevenson is good enough for us.

J-C
02-09-2014, 03:29 PM
He's simply not good enough; he has a good engine but for a full back his passing, crossing and positional awareness is poor and we need more quality there.

With regards to Robertson, his fitness is shocking for a professional; he can't last more than 60 minutes.

There we have it again, he's not a full back, he's a CM/LM, why can't we just play him in his natural position, the position where he was MOM at a cup final.

As for Robertson, I agree completely about his fitnass and stamina, very poor.

J-C
02-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Really? The guy plays left back but couldn't keep mcgriven out the team, he plays left mid but couldn't keep Craig out the team, prob 2 out of 3 worst players last season and he couldn't hold down a place in the team every week. I honest don't see why people on here think Stevenson is good enough for us.

Was this under Fenlon who was playing Craig in a more natural position on the left and was scoring goals and looking fairly good at first. :rolleyes:

jdships
02-09-2014, 03:46 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

1987kev
02-09-2014, 03:48 PM
There we have it again, he's not a full back, he's a CM/LM, why can't we just play him in his natural position, the position where he was MOM at a cup final.

As for Robertson, I agree completely about his fitnass and stamina, very poor.
Lewis career wi hibs since the cup final has went like hibs doon hill granted in the cup final he was amazing but that was 2007 he's not progress. He should really b the engine in midfield and the club captain not a squad player.

delbert
02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Lewis career wi hibs since the cup final has went like hibs doon hill granted in the cup final he was amazing but that was 2007 he's not progress. He should really b the engine in midfield and the club captain not a squad player.

Lewis was ok in the Cup Final but amazing? Have a word and as for man of the match, that was John Collins doing a wee bit of man management, Jones, Fletcher and Benjelloun were streets ahead to name but three. He is a mediocre journeyman who never, ever fails to give 100% every time he puts on a Hibs strip and is definitely better when pushed forward into midfield rather than left back. But when all is said and done, is he a very good footballer, sadly no

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Lewis was ok in the Cup Final but amazing? Have a word and as for man of the match, that was John Collins doing a wee bit of man management, Jones, Fletcher and Benjelloun were streets ahead to name but three. He is a mediocre journeyman who never, ever fails to give 100% every time he puts on a Hibs strip and is definitely better when pushed forward into midfield rather than left back. But when all is said and done, is he a very good footballer, sadly no

The sponsors picked him as man of the match. Nowt to do with Collins.

JimBHibees
02-09-2014, 04:20 PM
The sponsors picked him as man of the match. Nowt to do with Collins.

Was it not Ian McCall who was doing the 'expert' summary ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Was it not Ian McCall who was doing the 'expert' summary ?

Can't actually remember to be honest. What I do remember though, is sitting in the North stand that day and absolutely raving about his performance. We dominated a decent Killie side and Lewis was at the centre of everything. The chat on the way home was about how good he was and how he could be a ready made replacement for Scott Brown when he moved on. Sadly he's not kicked on like we all hoped. More down to a ridiculous number of manager and positional changes than Lewis' efforts.

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Sick of the sight of this non entity in a Hibs jersey. My favourite Lewis moment.............nut, haven't got anything.

random sub
02-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Can't actually remember to be honest. What I do remember though, is sitting in the North stand that day and absolutely raving about his performance. We dominated a decent Killie side and Lewis was at the centre of everything. The chat on the way home was about how good he was and how he could be a ready made replacement for Scott Brown when he moved on. Sadly he's not kicked on like we all hoped. More down to a ridiculous number of manager and positional changes than Lewis' efforts.

As some in the management hierarchy think Lewis is clearly good enough (and presumably cheap enough) he is a prime example of our decline

Diclonius
02-09-2014, 06:04 PM

No.

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Sick of the sight of this non entity in a Hibs jersey. My favourite Lewis moment.............nut, haven't got anything.

Not as sick as I am of posts like this , without any substance or content....

B.H.F.C
02-09-2014, 08:02 PM

I'm with you. Craig and Robertson get a hell of a bashing. And most of it is deserved. But does Stevenson offer us any more than them? I don't think he does. He gets away with it because he cares, tries etc. I think The likes of Craig and Robertson care. It's just their lack of football ability lets them down. Same as Stevenson.

allezsauzee
02-09-2014, 08:06 PM
110 appearances in the last 3 seasons....he obviously keeping somebody out the team eh? :wink:

Broken Gnome
02-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Not as sick as I am of posts like this , without any substance or content....

To be fair, he was coming on to the ball and running one on one with Livi's full back during that first half....

... he turned back and passed it back to the half way line.

Booth's got his own limitations, but Kennedy would likely never link up with Stevenson the way he did against Falkirk with Booth. Stevenson should really be playing Craig's role, if anywhere.

J-C
02-09-2014, 08:13 PM
To be fair, he was coming on to the ball and running one on one with Livi's full back during that first half....

Booth's got his own limitations, but Kennedy would likely never link up with Stevenson the way he did against Falkirk with Booth. Stevenson should really be playing Craig's role, if anywhere.

:agree: Finally someone who realises that Lewis is a midfielder

bigwheel
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM

Fair analysis , can't disagree with much of that to be honest - but where does that analysis bear any resemblance to the hateful content of the post I replied to ....it's actually doesn't amaze me that a thread about Robertson , has ended up in spiteful comments about Stevenson ...it's sad ...but quite normal these days it would appear ..

Broken Gnome
02-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Fair analysis , can't disagree with much of that to be honest - but where does that analysis bear any resemblance to the hateful content of the post I replied to ....it's actually doesn't amaze me that a thread about Robertson , has ended up in spiteful comments about Stevenson ...it's sad ...but quite normal these days it would appear ..

You're right, it doesn't have any resemblance. No need for the unecessary abuse to Stevenson, Robertson, Craig or anyone.

WeeRussell
03-09-2014, 12:14 PM

Nope:nanawave:

It's just that the rest of us on here have learned that you're only allowed to hate him and blame him for everything that is wrong with Hibs just now.

That is, when it's not Lewis Stevenson or Paul Heffernan week.

Paloschi
03-09-2014, 12:24 PM

It's just that the rest of us on here have learned that you're only allowed to hate him and blame him for everything that is wrong with Hibs just now.

Liam Craig has put in consistent, awful performances for Hibs since Fenlon left. As a captain he hides, gives the side no motivation and rarely ever finds a Hibs player with a pass.

The game against Dundee United at Easter Road (1-3) was one example of the worst performance from a Hibs player or professional footballer I had ever seen.

We all know he can play better, but he just doesn't. He should have been punted.

jacomo
03-09-2014, 12:26 PM

Great. But can you explain why LC isn't really performing for us?