PDA

View Full Version : supporter's meetings

Torto7062
01-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Did anyone go tonight ?
If so how did it go

magnificent_seven
01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Still going on. A lot of it has been garbage so far. Leeans phone had been ringing a lot so hopefully that means more players. That has been the only productive/ part of the night so far.

hibby67
01-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Why arrange a supporters meeting on transfer deadline day
Surely LD time would be better spent trying to get some new signings in

Leithenhibby
01-09-2014, 07:16 PM

In her defence, not sure she needs to be at her desk to sort this out.

"phone rings, aye sign him, naw, don't have that kinda money anymore"

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 07:17 PM

Who is dealing with the contracts, personal terms etc?

SMAXXA
01-09-2014, 07:18 PM

She has Peter Lawwells number in speed dial :greengrin

SMAXXA
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM

The tash :wink:

wazoo1875
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Agree,wouldn't George Craig do the business for us anyway? Maybe just needs to confirm with Leeann

silverhibee
01-09-2014, 07:20 PM

6 month loan, £500p/w, take it or leave it.

There you go, sorted.

Leithenhibby
01-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Not sure, but this fans meeting ain't going on all night. Plenty time to get a deal(s)- done.. :wink:

She has Peter Lawwells number in speed dial :greengrin

haha
Fingers crossed. :greengrin

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 07:22 PM
The tash :wink:

Now thats at a can of worms!

Gerard
01-09-2014, 07:22 PM

There you go, sorted.

Do we pay as much as that a week:wink::greengrin:cb:devil:

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 07:23 PM

There you go, sorted.

Leave it

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2014, 07:30 PM

reeks of bad planning. much like how our squad is looking!

scoopyboy
01-09-2014, 07:44 PM

****ing stupidity.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2014, 07:46 PM
****ing stupidity.

They probably forgot. Useless the lot of them.

HoboHarry
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM
They probably forgot. Useless the lot of them.
Based on your moniker - did you post regularly on the Scotsman forum for a while?

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Based on your moniker - did you post regularly on the Scotsman forum for a while?

Nope, never have.

HoboHarry
01-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Nope, never have.
OK fair enough. Thought you may have been the Hibee who used to team up with me against Totty and those other dafties.

djs69
01-09-2014, 08:10 PM
FFS.....I was there, her phone did ring a lot, trying to do some business particularly around a replacement for ElAlagui, but doesnt know if we would get someone tonight. The Griffiths deal is dead !!
And to be fair, she has 5 people working tonight on deals , she doesnt need to be behind a desk to speak to the relevant people.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 08:12 PM
FFS.....I was there, her phone did ring a lot, trying to do some business particularly around a replacement for ElAlagui, but doesnt know if we would get someone tonight. The Griffiths deal is dead !!
And to be fair, she has 5 people working tonight on deals , she doesnt need to be behind a desk to speak to the relevant people.

Seems like it has been a plan to deflect abuse away from lack of signings. We sign no one and LD can turn around and say that they tried, she even had some fans as witness because her phone was ringing.

marinello59
01-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Seems like it has been a plan to deflect abuse away from lack of signings. We sign no one and LD can turn around and say that they tried, she even had some fans as witness because her phone was ringing.

We shouldn't be desperately scraping around on deadline day anyway.

Gatecrasher
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Can you give us an overview as to what was discussed?

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Looks like we will be scraping around for the out of contract players by the sound of it. Can't believe that this season, in a league we are trying to win, that will be tight, that we are so ill prepared!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Looks like we will be scraping around for the out of contract players by the sound of it. Can't believe that this season, in a league we are trying to win, that will be tight, that we are so ill prepared!

:faf:

scoopyboy
01-09-2014, 08:17 PM

If she has five people working on deals then IMO that's all the more reason to be available.

She must have the final say and relate back to others what is happening.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2014, 08:17 PM

Trying to win the league?

If LD had said that in a court she'd be banged up for perjury by now.

bigstu
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
So did anything else happen other than LD's phone ringing?

ronaldo7
If she has five people working on deals then IMO that's all the more reason to be available.

:agree: Poor planning.

blackpoolhibs
Can you give us an overview as to what was discussed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3UGI1jMP8

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 08:20 PM
:faf:

Should have wrote 'supposed' to be trying to win!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Should have wrote 'supposed' to be trying to win!

:agree: I don't think we have made a serious effort at being competitive this season.

silverhibee
01-09-2014, 08:21 PM
****ing stupidity.

http://vancouverisawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/laughing-stock1.jpg

silverhibee
01-09-2014, 08:23 PM

The 5 folk working on deals are just phoning Leeann every 5 minutes.

Make it look good.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2014, 08:27 PM
An overview of tonight from Hibs point of view:

AlbertK86
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM

We shouldn't but as always we are

That wind is more a Gentle breeze of change

More lies from the club all summer

More taking the fans for mugs

Sick to the back teeth of them, their total apathy and lack of ambition

The fans of our great club have taken some awfy kicks in the bawz over the last few years and there is absolutely no hint of them trying to re-address the balance

Arrogant barstewards running our club who don't give a flying f*** about the long suffering faithful

Centre Hawf
01-09-2014, 08:31 PM
So... It was a failure then?

green&left
01-09-2014, 08:59 PM
So... It was a failure then?

It was a meeting about supporter representation, ownership models and membership schemes. These were discussed, different models looked at (Hearts, Dunfi, Motherwell & Germany). Further two meetings tomorrow and Wednesday before a further online consultation to see where things go from here.

Worthwhile going along if you have a spare couple of hours to kill. Tonight was meant to be full but there was about 50 empty seats, wouldn't worry if your name isn't on the list, sure they'll be able to accommodate you if you ask at the door.

Just ensure you know what your going for. Some numpty walked out after 23 seconds...

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Club are trying to ascertain what the fan's want going forward. For me it was all a bit woolly. Different models looked at, like Dunfermline, Hearts, Motherwell, Bundesliga.

I think it was vague in terms of not being told what sort of return STF is looking for?

Devine
01-09-2014, 09:04 PM
It was a meeting about supporter representation, ownership models and membership schemes. These were discussed, different models looked at (Hearts, Dunfi, Motherwell & Germany). Further two meetings tomorrow and Wednesday before a further online consultation to see where things go from here.

Worthwhile going along if you have a spare couple of hours to kill. Tonight was meant to be full but there was about 50 empty seats, wouldn't worry if your name isn't on the list, sure they'll be able to accommodate you if you ask at the door.

Just ensure you know what your going for. Some numpty walked out after 23 seconds...

So basically a dog and pony show to make fans think they are listening but in actual fact they are not interested in talking about the stuff people are actually interested in like team performance, players coming in and the wind of change along with all the promises made. Yup exactly what I thought it would be and exactly why there were 50 plus seats a complete and utter waste of time!

green&left
01-09-2014, 09:10 PM
So basically a dog and pony show to make fans think they are listening but in actual fact they are not interested in talking about the stuff people are actually interested in like team performance, players coming in and the wind of change along with all the promises made. Yup exactly what I thought it would be and exactly why there were 50 plus seats a complete and utter waste of time!

Instead of whinging online you should've taken one of the empty 50 seats and told LD and the chap from the board of directors that tonight as many others did :aok:

scotia44
01-09-2014, 09:11 PM
The 5 folk working on deals are just phoning Leeann every 5 minutes.

Make it look good.
Nah it was Petrie asking if we were talking about him
Its pish and wind yet the suits think we are stupid so pretend to do something in full view of people.Sick of hibs
and sick getting the pish taken out of me by the board😩

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Instead of whinging online you should've taken one of the empty 50 seats and told LD and the chap from the board of directors that tonight as many others did :aok:
What's the point mate...they never listen anyway...they just pay us lip service and ask us to cough up for STs

PatHead
01-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Don't think it was a load of balls as some folk seem to think. The board are damned if they do and damned if they don't with regard to consultation. If they don't come up with anything then moan by all means.

One thing that did come out is that they want supporters on the board. Probably 2 places. One of the things they want is to sort out the best way of electing them. Pity the elected members they will accused of being puppets.

Archie70
01-09-2014, 09:30 PM

From your comments it would appear they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

We complain about lack of communication and when they have a fans forum we complain it's just a PR stunt.

I went along and thought it a worthwhile exercise. I think Leanne is as honest and as forthright as we could hope for. It's obvious she's taken over a shambles but I believe she has the ability to put the correct structures in place to get us out of this though, despite what we all want, that won't happen overnight or probably not this season.

Eyrie
01-09-2014, 09:42 PM

So you think that they need told that the team performances aren't good enough and that we need to sign better players? Maybe you think that anyone attending should have a couple of suggestions regarding tactics or signing targets?

A meeting like this could be an opportunity for irate fans to let off steam, which would achieve nothing, or it could be a look at the future structure of the club, in which case they can gauge interest in the various options.

Cropley10
01-09-2014, 09:46 PM

Sir Roderick Petrie, our inglorious leader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH81
01-09-2014, 09:48 PM
What a joke, I am off to make some toast.

HibeeSince82
01-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Were the season tickets not kept the same price so that we had money to spend on transfers?

I'm sure thats what we were told they decided was best for Hibs yet we bring an 18 year old laddie as cover.

Let down again by Hibs.

New season and nothing has changed with the boards treatment of the fans

mcfly
01-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Don't think it was a load of balls as some folk seem to think. The board are damned if they do and damned if they don't with regard to consultation. If they don't come up with anything then moan by all means.

One thing that did come out is that they want supporters on the board. Probably 2 places. One of the things they want is to sort out the best way of electing them. Pity the elected members they will accused of being puppets.

Just more talk again I don't care if fans are on the board.

I care about the team on the pitch and why I feel ripped off being charged full prices with NO investment

Where is the money going??

ekhibee
01-09-2014, 10:43 PM

Well done scott-b and the others that went, it sounds as if it was quite interesting, but really, to have a meeting on deadline night wasn't the best bit of planning to start with. I wonder if you can say, did anybody ask why the money was spent on backroom staff instead of players? We are a bit short in that department as you know.

3pm
01-09-2014, 10:44 PM

There you go, sorted.

You got the numbers the wrong way round SdGP.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Did anyone ask Leeann why she held this meeting on transfer deadline day?

Nevi_SOL
01-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Was Petrie there?

NOLA
01-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Well done scott-b and the others that went, it sounds as if it was quite interesting, but really, to have a meeting on deadline night wasn't the best bit of planning to start with. I wonder if you can say, did anybody ask why the money was spent on backroom staff instead of players? We are a bit short in that department as you know.
that talk wasnt on the agenda so doubtful it was answered if even asked as a Q

PatHead
01-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Did anyone ask Leeann why she held this meeting on transfer deadline day?

Yes. Answer was she does not need to be at meetings but was available on phone. That is what Director of Football is there for.

ArmadaleHibs
01-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Yes. Answer was she does not need to be at meetings but was available on phone. That is what Director of Football is there for.

What meetings did she need to be at. The two loan deals were done well before hand so she's full of rubbish.

gegs70
01-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Too many Loan deals and young kids being brought in to give them game time to get them fit for their respective clubs. This means we will be in the same position next year!

PatHead
01-09-2014, 11:17 PM
that talk wasnt on the agenda so doubtful it was answered if even asked as a Q

LD brought that up herself and explained that there was only 2 extra staff compared to before. It was something that needed done and that part of structure is now in place. I am very surprised no new signings have been announced as she seemed confident deals would take place. There was no sense in her BullS'ing us as she would have to face the music at the next 2 meetings.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Was Petrie there?

Nope......His sidekick was (Forsyth)

jacomo
01-09-2014, 11:33 PM

:agree:

What about those unexpected situations that develop during TDD? At other clubs the CEO or Chairman is directly involved...

NOLA
01-09-2014, 11:36 PM
LD brought that up herself and explained that there was only 2 extra staff compared to before. It was something that needed done and that part of structure is now in place. I am very surprised no new signings have been announced as she seemed confident deals would take place. There was no sense in her BullS'ing us as she would have to face the music at the next 2 meetings.
fair do;s, just think she's in for 2 really uncomfortable evenings ahead

Casper
02-09-2014, 06:58 AM
What a joke, I am off to make some toast.

😂😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green&left
02-09-2014, 09:22 AM

She touched on that and said that only two extra back room staff.

Back to the ownership models (Now transfer window has slammed shut)

Dunfermline:
Funds raised by Pars United. They own 94% of the football club and 25.1% of the stadium (that .1% putting a block on any sale or re-devolopment of the stadium).

Hearts:
8000 FoH monthly contributors raising a monthly "six figure sum". Money raised this season going to club for running/operating costs, money thereafter going towards buying Anne Budge out. Like Dunfi, bit unique as they were bought in a fire sale effeectively.

Motherwell:
John Boyle essentially donating his shares as he wanted out. Needed (or wanted) to raise £1.5m. Seemed to be plenty enthusiasm to start with however when Leanne left they raised only a third of that although I think during the summer they managed to raise another £200k so almost half way there. They have 2 elected fan reps on the board.

Germany:
Fans own 50%+.1 with companies, investors owning the rest. The companies involved generally investing heavily. Local councils and authorities also investing heavily in their football clubs. Munich council spent £170m on infrastucture for their clubs building them rail links, motorways, subsidising travel etc. Koln, Hertha Berlin and Eintract Frankfurt all recieving between £100m - £120m from their local governments on improving stadia and infrastruture.

Few other notes:
Pretty sure she said our budget this season is bigger than when Motherwell finished second.

Butcher and Malpas still being paid by the club. Stubbs appears to be on a rolling contract or at least some clauses in there.

Seemed pretty adamant we would be signing a replacement for Farid which is disappointing. Sure she'll be taking a few questions on that tonight, and rightly so!!

Free steak pies on offer where the dugs bollocks.

Spike Mandela
02-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Our fans are too apathetic for a fan ownership model to work imo. We would need a jolt up our arse like an insolvency event for us to be stirred in to action.

Torto7062
02-09-2014, 12:13 PM
She touched on that and said that only two extra back room staff.

Back to the ownership models (Now transfer window has slammed shut)

Dunfermline:
Funds raised by Pars United. They own 94% of the football club and 25.1% of the stadium (that .1% putting a block on any sale or re-devolopment of the stadium).

Hearts:
8000 FoH monthly contributors raising a monthly "six figure sum". Money raised this season going to club for running/operating costs, money thereafter going towards buying Anne Budge out. Like Dunfi, bit unique as they were bought in a fire sale effeectively.

Motherwell:
John Boyle essentially donating his shares as he wanted out. Needed (or wanted) to raise £1.5m. Seemed to be plenty enthusiasm to start with however when Leanne left they raised only a third of that although I think during the summer they managed to raise another £200k so almost half way there. They have 2 elected fan reps on the board.

Germany:
Fans own 50%+.1 with companies, investors owning the rest. The companies involved generally investing heavily. Local councils and authorities also investing heavily in their football clubs. Munich council spent £170m on infrastucture for their clubs building them rail links, motorways, subsidising travel etc. Koln, Hertha Berlin and Eintract Frankfurt all recieving between £100m - £120m from their local governments on improving stadia and infrastruture.

Few other notes:
Pretty sure she said our budget this season is bigger than when Motherwell finished second.

Butcher and Malpas still being paid by the club. Stubbs appears to be on a rolling contract or at least some clauses in there.

Seemed pretty adamant we would be signing a replacement for Farid which is disappointing. Sure she'll be taking a few questions on that tonight, and rightly so!!

Free steak pies on offer where the dugs bollocks.

Ya Dancer thats dinner sorted
am taking the wife an Kids
if their's free steak pies