PDA

View Full Version : Loan Signings and Players Out of Contract

andy1875
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
So yet again we have a squad full of loan signings an a number of players who will be out of contract come the end of the season.

Anyone else getting a feeling of déjà vu?!

The lads in on loan deserve a chance but I have to say I'm surprised the club has yet again chosen this strategy for the season.

Another thing I'm surprised is that we have again managed to discount the lower league markets in Scotland. One that has serviced Dundee United so well.

Long season ahead me thinks. :boo hoo:

Hibs1992
01-09-2014, 04:44 PM
So yet again we have a squad full of loan signings an a number of players who will be out of contract come the end of the season.

The lads in on loan deserve a chance but I have to say I'm surprised the club has yet again chosen this strategy for the season.

Another thing I'm surprised is that we have again managed to discount the lower league markets in Scotland. One that has serviced Dundee United so well.

This. It really is staggering that we persist with the same signing policy year after year. Most sides assemble their squad during pre-season and are already in full flow by the season as the transfer window closes. Hibs are yet again scrambling around trying to secure last minute loan deals and players without clubs who nobody else wants. Depressing stuff.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Hibs are yet again scrambling around trying to secure last minute loan deals and players without clubs who nobody else wants. Depressing stuff.

It's amazing that Sky even bother to broadcast on TDD cos there's so little transfer activity from all these settled clubs.

Hibs1992
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
It's amazing that Sky even bother to broadcast on TDD cos there's so little transfer activity from all these settled clubs.

I was referring to Scottish clubs who do not have stupid amounts of money to throw away. Scottish teams need to have a totally different strategy as they virtually never pay fees for players. Hibs are not going to buy players that they need of other clubs like EPL teams do, so don't think your sarcastic comment is particularly relevant.

thebausburst
01-09-2014, 04:55 PM

Agreed, was it not Alan Hansen who said you'll win nothing with kids, pish experienced players and a pile o' gash loans!

Hibeewilly
01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Its so ****in depressing. We definitely need a marquee signing before the deadline closes to boost our enthusiasm. Same old crap

andy1875
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Agreed, was it not Alan Hansen who said you'll win nothing with kids, pish experienced players and a pile o' gash loans!

Aye that's a great comparison right enough :confused:

We have seen first hand how a team full of loan signings and players who's contract are up that season can turn out.

I said on my post that we ought to give the loan signings a chance. My point is that I'm surprised we have opted for this approach again.

Dalkeith Hibee
01-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Same every season really. No coincedence that since that started happening we have been utter pish. Different chief exce but still same lack of ambition. No wonder so many fans cant be arsed anymore

Radium
01-09-2014, 05:41 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/290497-hibernian-join-hearts-in-race-to-sign-ex-celtic-defender-lewis-toshney/

Not a name that jumps to mind - centre back

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2014, 05:59 PM
So yet again we have a squad full of loan signings an a number of players who will be out of contract come the end of the season

So in short we'll need a whole team again come this time next year.
Good job we're such shrewd operators in the transfer market.....

leggeto
01-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Its their own fault for letting so many players of good quality go at once when then replaced with the bottom of the barrel that is left,we have never recovered from the mowbery/Collins team because of it