PDA

View Full Version : This wind of change bull.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Does anyone actually believe this anymore? I had high hopes when Leeanne Dempster came in, she spoke well and convinced me she was running the show now.

Once again i let my heart rule my head, and believed what was coming out the club was true.

Never again.

greenpaper55
01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Does anyone actually believe this anymore? I had high hopes when Leeanne Dempster came in, she spoke well and convinced me she was running the show now.

Once again i let my heart rule my head, and believed what was coming out the club was true.

Never again.

More hot air than a wind of change !, i nearly said same old but it's actually worse.

HappyAsHellas
01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
I still want to believe it, and in some respects changes have been made that should stand us in good stead for the future. However, the here and now will have to be addressed rather quickly if they wish to keep the fans onside. Will reserve final judgement till after the transfer deadline tonight, and the meetings over the next few days.

ekhibee
01-09-2014, 02:00 PM

Never again.
I'm the same as you. Still, we've got more back room staff, that'll impress all those who aren't bothered if we get promoted this season after all. Is there anything else needing done to the stadium? New seats? Filling in the gaps? Roof repairs maybe? What? Bring in new players? You must be ****in jokin!

JustSimplyHibs
01-09-2014, 02:00 PM

Never again.

Not anymore... if we do not get any decent players in, and a change of Captain today i will be cancelling my S/T direct debit come mid-night...

The club will no longer get any more cash from me or my family until there are new owners who actually want Hibernian at the top... instead if i want to watch the Hibs i will follow them by going to away games.

bobbyhibs1983
01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Not anymore... if we do not get any decent players in, and a change of Captain today i will be cancelling my S/T direct debit come mid-night...

on your point of cancelling your s/t debit what are the implications of this?

I like many others had decided to renwew season tickets, my decsion was a touch and go and wlel i decided to go for it and help out so to speak.After a few games and little hope.light at the end of the tunnel for some weird reason i have become *bored* of hibs and football. am i alone in felling this?

It just seems that Hibs , yet again seme to be lacking a plan of sorts.Im sure alot of fans can see ok we need this, that, and this to help our squard.Now IMO i feel we need a strong centre back who ll organizr the defence, I feel we need a strong tackiling hardman in centre midfeild and we need 2 strikers.

I feel we ve needed these 4 players for a good 5-6 weeks

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
More like the odious fart of change.

connerg
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Never again.

Conned by Petrie yet again. This man does not care what league we play in as long as the books are balanced.

​We are a football club not a financial institute.

Greenworld
01-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Never again.
You and me both what a lot of crap we have been fed. We are an embarrassment of a club its that bad my good hearts friend's have stopped slagging even they are cringing...AS and his team is and was a big gamble but he is working with one arm and a leg behind his back...nothing will change unless we can get new owners now that is clear....

wookie70
01-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Conned by Petrie yet again. This man does not care what league we play in as long as the books are balanced.

​We are a football club not a financial institute.We wouldn't have to worry about balancimg the books if we were a financial institution if the Banks are anything to go by. One of the few industries that appear even more corrupt than football

BH Hibs
01-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Wind and pish

CRAZYHIBBY
01-09-2014, 02:55 PM
We are up the creek without a paddle....same confidence lacking dross from last year and lack of genuine quality signings means we are destined to remain in the championship for at least another season. ...i also expect an absolute humping from the jambos this season

Smartie
01-09-2014, 02:55 PM
The guff of gradual decline.

01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
I was very impressed with LD when she came in, she seems to have the right vision for the club and was saying all the right things. But actions speak louder than words and we haven't done enough to build a strong squad that can push for the title.

Atm the squad is weak (mentally and physically), we don't have enough leadership on the park and we still are carrying too many of the gutless imposters that got us relegated last season.

matty_f
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM

Never again.

I think it's a very blinkered and narrow minded view to suggest that the changes are minimal. I think LD has started by getting her ducks in a row first and foremost.
Since she's come in she has:
Sacked (or at least relieved them of their duties) Butcher and his cohorts.
Hired Stubbs and his coaching team.
Brought in George Craig to sort out the whole football operation.
Brought in Eddie May to oversee the Academy.
Got a fitness coach in.
Changed the player recruitment process.
Worked with Stubbs on players coming and going.

None of those changes are going to show immediate results (with the exception of the last one) on the first team but they were necessary. It's too easy to throw the baby out with the bathwater and dismiss everything on the back of a poor start to the season. My biggest issue is that getting promoted and giving Stubbs the best possible chance to do that should have been the number one priority. We should have had the right players in ASAP and should have been all but done on transfers long before today.
Again our signing policy leaves a lot to be desired, which, given the size of our club, the wealth of our owner, and the fact that those of us that have consistently bought season tickets through consecutive seasons of utter pish to prop up the club, is an utter disgrace.

silverhibee
01-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Never again.

Patience G.

Geez yer money.

Infrastructure.

Quality over Quantity.

3 players for every position.

Meetings Meetings Meetings.

Pish and Wind more like.

Bostonhibby
01-09-2014, 03:12 PM

Never again.

Chill, its all just a misunderstanding - it's a Windae change we're having, you put new windaes in you add to the value of the property, enhanced balance sheet, everyone's happy - simples. Lucky RP is no longer involved or we'd be having a conservatory as well.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
I think it's a very blinkered and narrow minded view to suggest that the changes are minimal. I think LD has started by getting her ducks in a row first and foremost.
Got a fitness coach in.

None of those changes are going to show immediate results (with the exception of the last one) on the first team but they were necessary. It's too easy to throw the baby out with the bathwater and dismiss everything on the back of a poor start to the season. My biggest issue is that getting promoted and giving Stubbs the best possible chance to do that should have been the number one priority. We should have had the right players in ASAP and should have been all but done on transfers long before today.
Again our signing policy leaves a lot to be desired, which, given the size of our club, the wealth of our owner, and the fact that those of us that have consistently bought season tickets through consecutive seasons of utter pish to prop up the club, is an utter disgrace.

Which really is the reason we all go to easter road, or in my case used to go to easter road. As usual its the team thats neglected, what was it Matty we were all told what 3 4 years ago?

Once the stadium is finished, there's no more to do apart from the training centre. Once the training centre is finished there's no more to do, now its the backroom staff and a tie up with Spartans.

There's always something else that needs attended to before the team on the park take any preference, no let me rephrase that, the team NEVER takes preference.

I suppose part of this 5 year plan was to relegate us, sack numerous managers and get us to such a low ebb we would accept any old tripe the club say just because they have put a new patsy up to answer the flack?

What a bloody shambles, but once again its patience we need. FFS.

scuttle
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Got a fitness coach in.

Far too sensible a post Matty

JustSimplyHibs
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
on your point of cancelling your s/t debit what are the implications of this?

I like many others had decided to renwew season tickets, my decsion was a touch and go and wlel i decided to go for it and help out so to speak.After a few games and little hope.light at the end of the tunnel for some weird reason i have become *bored* of hibs and football. am i alone in felling this?

It just seems that Hibs , yet again seme to be lacking a plan of sorts.Im sure alot of fans can see ok we need this, that, and this to help our squard.Now IMO i feel we need a strong centre back who ll organizr the defence, I feel we need a strong tackiling hardman in centre midfeild and we need 2 strikers.

I feel we ve needed these 4 players for a good 5-6 weeks

No idea bud, have sent an email to the club asking the question on Saturday after the game and another one today, still waiting on a response...

However, on online banking i'm just gonna click cancel D/D...

My feelings are exactly the same as yours - give them to end of Aug and if no improvement on the pitch (result wise) and any decent signings (7 or, 8) then its over until a new owner is in place.

matty_f
01-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Which really is the reason we all go to easter road, or in my case used to go to easter road. As usual its the team thats neglected, what was it Matty we were all told what 3 4 years ago?

Once the stadium is finished, there's no more to do apart from the training centre. Once the training centre is finished there's no more to do, now its the backroom staff and a tie up with Spartans.

There's always something else that needs attended to before the team on the park take any preference, no let me rephrase that, the team NEVER takes preference.

I suppose part of this 5 year plan was to relegate us, sack numerous managers and get us to such a low ebb we would accept any old tripe the club say just because they have put a new patsy up to answer the flack?

What a bloody shambles, but once again its patience we need. FFS.

I suppose from LD's point of view she needs to think beyond this window and look at whether we want to be in this mess lurching from one embarrassment to another next year and the years after that.
By putting people in place to fix that there should be a better transfer window next time, with less need to constantly scrabble around replacing a team at a time.
In that respect, my gripe isn't that LD has made the changes - they were necessary and crucial. It's that STF hasn't stepped in and said "Here's x amount, do the necessary surgery on the first team so that this top flight set up you've put together actually has top flight status next season."

He has the means to give LD (and Stubbs) a fighting chance of succeeding. As it is, they are already facing a massive uphill struggle.

Crazyhorse
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Never again.

I have to say I didn't believe it. I stopped believing anything coming out of the Hibs hierarchy some time ago. This is not just with the benefit of hindsight if you check back my posts have been unremittingly depressing and depressed for a couple of years now (probably shouldn't bother participating on the forum but this is my last remaining connection with Hibs now). The last things I enjoyed in relation to Hibs was the pre season trip to Belgium a couple of seasons ago and that had nothing to do with the football on offer. Just a bit of craic with some fellow Hibees. Leadership is very important in most organisations and we haven't had any for a number of years. We have had neglect and incompetence from the owner and CEO. I won't be back to ER until those two are gone. Good luck to those who can still suffer it but the sight of the smirking clown makes me physically sick and the constant pissing money away on anything and everything but putting quality players on the pitch for our (i.e. the supporters) entertainment means I'm out until they are out.

Kojock
01-09-2014, 03:27 PM

The club will no longer get any more cash from me or my family until there are new owners who actually want Hibernian at the top... instead if i want to watch the Hibs i will follow them by going to away games.

If you cancel your DD it won't affect Hibs at all. They already have the money from the finance company. It would be them that chase you for the remaining payments.

BoltonHibee
01-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Never again.

Did you honestly believe it? You gullible fool!

Scottie
01-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Never again.
Get yourself along to the meetings and tell her what you think

You know it's the only way ahead. :wink:

degenerated
01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
We are up the creek without a paddle....same confidence lacking dross from last year and lack of genuine quality signings means we are destined to remain in the championship for at least another season. ...i also expect an absolute humping from the jambos this season
Never mind the paddle, we haven't even got a canoe.

greenlex
01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Three months in and let's call it bull. It's enough to make you just give up.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
I suppose from LD's point of view she needs to think beyond this window and look at whether we want to be in this mess lurching from one embarrassment to another next year and the years after that.
By putting people in place to fix that there should be a better transfer window next time, with less need to constantly scrabble around replacing a team at a time.
In that respect, my gripe isn't that LD has made the changes - they were necessary and crucial. It's that STF hasn't stepped in and said "Here's x amount, do the necessary surgery on the first team so that this top flight set up you've put together actually has top flight status next season."

He has the means to give LD (and Stubbs) a fighting chance of succeeding. As it is, they are already facing a massive uphill struggle.

Matty, when Dempster arrived i listened to all her interviews and was very impressed with her and what she said. Yet as i said earlier she's working with her hands tied behind her back, as you say STF should have given her the tools to work her magic IE money.

Whats actually happened is she's now the face taking the flak for Petries mistakes, and instead of backing her they have taken a back seat, hiding in the background and put her up for the ridicule that will come her way after all the quality over quantity crap, and the club striving to win the league and get up at the first attempt.

A blind man could see we were never going to win the league when we played our first league game, and since then the signings and results have proved this to be the case.

Petrie in my opinion is still pulling the strings regarding money, i'm not convinced the season ticket money has been spent, and STF sure as hell aint giving us any.

Crazyhorse
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Get yourself along to the meetings and tell her what you think

You know it's the only way ahead. :wink:

The meetings will work as follows.

LD will get earache from the fans. A version of this will be passed to the smirking conduit. The smirking conduit will tell the great and glorious benefactor that everything is rosy in the land of Oz and that people are especially happy with the smirking conduit.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Pretty much all of crazyhorse's penultimate post could have been typed by my good self. Went to the last few games of last season through a sense of duty as much as anything else, it didnae work. Had a good day in Alloa on Sat apart from the result right enough.

Cropley10
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM
The cold, dead hand of Roderick Petrie remains firmly on the tiller of Hibernian FC.

Can't see LD sticking around to be frank. Nor Stubbs, he's on a hiding to nothing.

greenpaper55
01-09-2014, 03:53 PM
One man has increased his stake in Hibs massively by buying EM and all the land and the additions to ER at no cost to himself, yes we the fans have paid for it and it's no wonder he smirked after the Hamilton game, he's taken us for mugs for years.

Cropley10
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM

Or has she?

Sacked (or at least relieved them of their duties) Butcher and his cohorts. Something Petrie should have done immediately.
Hired Stubbs and his coaching team. Did she, or did Petrie have some role in this too?
Brought in George Craig to sort out the whole football operation. Was already slated before we got relegated
Brought in Eddie May to oversee the Academy Was already slated before we got relegated.
Got a fitness coach in. Wow! The fact we didn't have one before is shameful
Changed the player recruitment process. In what way? No difference in my view.
Worked with Stubbs on players coming and going. Sorry - don't see how this is showing any progress at all. We're lacking in so many areas.

But judging by your last sentence Matty I think we're on the same page.

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Everybody associated with the club wants change, and you have to take action to deliver it. To some extent the club have done that, but that's not enough. You have to hope that the changes will be successful. Nobody can really say if that's the case or not. We have employed a rookie manager, but one with potential. Whether that potential gets realised here is another thing. I still think it's a bit too early to say.

Gustavo Fring
01-09-2014, 04:03 PM
i saw someone mention LD changing the recruitment policy

so instead of signing teenagers on loan on the deadline day , we are ...... signing teenagers on loan on the deadline day

matty_f
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM

so instead of signing teenagers on loan on the deadline day , we are ...... signing teenagers on loan on the deadline day

Yeah the same person also said we wouldn't see the impact of most of the changes straight away.

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Im so angry tonight...I wonder if we were ever in for Griffiths of was it just bull#### fed to the media to appease fans! Our club is slowly dying under Farmer and Petrie make no bones about it...

greenlex
01-09-2014, 04:09 PM

I'd rather we signed teenagers than hairy ersed Billy big boots that don't give a ****.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Yeah the same person also said we wouldn't see the impact of most of the changes straight away.

Come on Matty, she is the one that was talking about trying to win this league. Nothing has changed where it matters. Filling a team with loans and short term deals means it's going to be this, every season. I see absolutely zero intent from the club to win this league. When you have just been relegated and your fan base is wavering, immediate change is required. Shedding players left right and centre, we have no cover for several positions and have no decent players for a couple of positions.

making long term changes at a time like this without a real thought about our current problems will leave us with a lot less resource going forward, so unless she is basing these changes we won't see immediately on a lot less revenue we are going to be in bother!

greenlex
01-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Come on Matty, she is the one that was talking about trying to win this league. Nothing has changed where it matters. Filling a team with loans and short term deals means it's going to be this, every season. I see absolutely zero intent from the club to win this league. When you have just been relegated and your fan base is wavering, immediate change is required. Shedding players left right and centre, we have no cover for several positions and have no decent players for a couple of positions.

making long term changes at a time like this without a real thought about our current problems will leave us with a lot less resource going forward, so unless she is basing these changes we won't see immediately on a lot less revenue we are going to be in bother!
We splash the cash and don't go up. What then? Left with players on bug bucks and still no guarantee of going up the following year. If loans are good enough for two of the biggest clubs on the planet it should be good enough fir Hibs. Getting the right signings that we have so far allied to decent loan signings is the way to do it. Folk need to stop ****ing panicking 4 games in. Having said that we could do with another goal scorer if Farid us out for months. Time yet.

The_Horde
01-09-2014, 04:19 PM
We're getting a wind of change bull?

They're replacing Sunshine the leith lynx?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I'd rather we signed teenagers than hairy ersed Billy big boots that don't give a ****.

I'd say this season more than any other we needed to sign real quality decent experienced professionals. Players who would be good enough for the SPFL not the Championship.

Not really caring if they have hair on their backside or not, but just able to get the club back where it should be not sitting near the bottom not knowing where our next point is coming from.

CraigHibee
01-09-2014, 04:24 PM
More like the odious fart of change.

the type of fart that catches the back of your throat and makes you gag!

greenlex
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I'd say this season more than any other we needed to sign real quality decent experienced professionals. Players who would be good enough for the SPFL not the Championship.

Not really caring if they have hair on their backside or not, but just able to get the club back where it should be not sitting near the bottom not knowing where our next point is coming from.
3 points on Saturday. Stop being so ****ing melodramatic.

Keith_M
01-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Wind of Change - Fart in a Jacuzzi

Russ
01-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Never again.

Bull and you seem to go hand in hand, do you never tire of spouting it yourself?

I eagerly await the laughing smileys you seem so fond of.

Greenblood70
01-09-2014, 04:29 PM
The cold, dead hand of Roderick Petrie remains firmly on the tiller of Hibernian FC.

Can't see LD sticking around to be frank. Nor Stubbs, he's on a hiding to nothing.

Funnily enough I don't see her hanging around too long either. I'm sure it won't take her long to see she is being put up as the club patsy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
We splash the cash and don't go up. What then? Left with players on bug bucks and still no guarantee of going up the following year. If loans are good enough for two of the biggest clubs on the planet it should be good enough fir Hibs. Getting the right signings that we have so far allied to decent loan signings is the way to do it. Folk need to stop ****ing panicking 4 games in. Having said that we could do with another goal scorer if Farid us out for months. Time yet.

To play it conservatively and hope everything is rosey or take the initiative and push things forward!!!! I never knew man utd had as many loan signings as us, must have missed that one! Their loan signing is costing them 6 million and they have an option to buy. Not really the same. Let's not kid ourselves here, how many seasons that we have filled our side with loan signings has it worked?

We are in the ****ing championship! We should be much much better than this. How do all the other teams manage to be prepared and assemble settled sides but hibs can't, yet we are doing the right thing?!?!? This isn't just 4 games in though, this is a continuation of signing policies of loan signings that have not worked out. We are in a worse league having a terrible start, not prepared and not building for the future.

empty loads of players, keep the ***** players, make one of them captain, don't sign players that have experience, don't sign enough players so we have no cover.

The he hibs way at the moment is all hope, hope we don't get injuries as our threadbare squad can't cope. Hope that the loan players who have no experience can cut it, hope that the teams that were prepared slip up because we were not prepared for the start of the season. If we were in the top league where losing points to the league leaders isn't a real issue if you are really rebuilding. Losing poins to the league leaders because you are ill prepared Ina league you are trying to win is nuts!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 04:36 PM
3 points on Saturday. Stop being so ****ing melodramatic.

Deary me, i'm melodramatic now? Perhaps just perhaps i could have agreed with you if i'd said this sitting 7th or 8th in the SPFL.

I wonder just how far this club has to sink before folk sit up and open their eyes?

Pretty Boy
01-09-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm sure after the meetings this week everything will be rosy again after a few nice soundbites from LD.

Everytime I have heard her speak I've liked what she has to say and her 'vision'. Sadly actions speak louder than words and without something sensational in the next few hours it looks like same old same old.

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2014, 04:37 PM

Never again.Drama queen.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Bull and you seem to go hand in hand, do you never tire of spouting it yourself?

I eagerly await the laughing smileys you seem so fond of.

:greengrin Couldn't let you down.

jacomo
01-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Got a fitness coach in.

Genuinely confused - is LD involved with signings or not? She should be... But if she is, why is she hosting the supporters' meeting tonight?

greenlex
01-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Deary me, i'm melodramatic now? Perhaps just perhaps i could have agreed with you if i'd said this sitting 7th or 8th in the SPFL.

I wonder just how far this club has to sink before folk sit up and open their eyes?
We have played 4 league games and have won one and on first half showing it should/could have been far more comfortable than it was. We should have taken something from the derby. Falkirk were extremely lucky to get away with their win. Saturday from all accounts was a disaster and really poor performance so I'll accept that as I wasn't there. After all that you come out with you don't know where the next point us coming from Pish. Sorry but I call that melodramatic in the extreme. Dreary me indeed.

Bobby's Cinema
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
We won't sign anyone else tonight. Disgraceful.

Everyone has a breaking point. Today's activity or lack of could be that for alot of people. Myself included.

Kick after kick after kick.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
We have played 4 league games and have won one and on first half showing it should/could have been far more comfortable than it was. We should have taken something from the derby. Falkirk were extremely lucky to get away with their win. Saturday from all accounts was a disaster and really poor performance so I'll accept that as I wasn't there. After all that you come out with you don't know where the next point us coming from Pish. Sorry but I call that melodramatic in the extreme. Dreary me indeed.

We should have beaten Hamilton, we should have beaten Kilmarnock, we should have beaten Partick Thistle, we should have beaten Ross County, we should have beaten St Mirren. Now its we should have beaten Falkirk, we should have beaten Alloa.

Yet i'm being melodramatic? When your only win in the championship comes from a winning goal by your goalkeeper, and i'm melodramatic. Coulda shoulda woulda, these are the new words Hibs fans have learnt over the last few years, its never well done Hibs, what a great performance and win. :rolleyes:

Excuses, i'm sick of them.

Bobby's Cinema
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Two derby wins in twenty. These games we could have won, well, we didn't. Soft as ****

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 05:08 PM

Why are we unlucky and the other teams lucky? Surely it's a case of them either having the players with ability to score or defend where we do not? I notice you never mention the livingston game where our keep scored? Would you call this lucky or that they just had a poor keeper? I will say it again, we are in the championship. We are probably the 5th largest club in Scotland, we shouldn't find it this difficult but we are because of our signing policy and forcing a constant rebuilding job. You may say that we are always re building because of the managers changing but if you fill the team with loans and short deals you are making the next close season the same as before, constantly rebuilding, and hibs have proved that we struggle to do it.

greenlex
01-09-2014, 05:23 PM
We should have beaten Hamilton, we should have beaten Kilmarnock, we should have beaten Partick Thistle, we should have beaten Ross County, we should have beaten St Mirren. Now its we should have beaten Falkirk, we should have beaten Alloa.

Yet i'm being melodramatic? When your only win in the championship comes from a winning goal by your goalkeeper, and i'm melodramatic. Coulda shoulda woulda, these are the new words Hibs fans have learnt over the last few years, its never well done Hibs, what a great performance and win. :rolleyes:

If you can't see the football is a million times better then you are blind. I knew you would play the coulda woulda shoulda card. You are a tiresome troll a melodramatic one at that. It's posters like yourself that are driving loads of Hibs away from this site. (Cue you it's Hibs that are doing it ) I'm done. Happy?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
If you can't see the football is a million times better then you are blind. I knew you would play the coulda woulda shoulda card. You are a tiresome troll a melodramatic one at that. It's posters like yourself that are driving loads of Hibs away from this site. (Cue you it's Hibs that are doing it ) I'm done. Happy?

Does the truth hurt?

Bostonhibby
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM

I have recently moved to this way of thinking as well, I guess we have to accept that everyone will have a different low point to reach before they convert to the Blackpool side, mines was we should have beaten Falkirk. Others were probably Alloa, others might endure a few more before responding.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Million times better.:confused: Passed it across the middle of the park several times on Saturday then back to defence till finally somebody hoofed the ball up the park. No creativity or killer pass from the midfield.

A passing philosophy is all well and good but if you don't have the personnel to carry out the task you are farting against thunder. Poor old Alan doesn't have the players.

The Green Goblin
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Given our results so far this season, isn`t that statement a bit melodramatic?

Smartie
01-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Given our results so far this season, isn`t that statement a bit melodramatic?

Based on results, yes, but Saturday was the first awful performance this season.

Maybe not a million times better but what I have watched this season (performance-wise) has been a drastic improvement on last year, First Division or not.

Farid's injury has been a hammer blow and going by today's transfer business it appears yet another manager has been horribly undermined by our board's lack of vision and ambition. Or maybe just plain old lack of funds.

It will be horrible if we're all on another manager's back again soon because he's done about as much as could be reasonably expected of him so far. Blame lies elsewhere, he can only urinate using the appendage with which he has been provided. Or something like that.

GreenLake
01-09-2014, 06:10 PM
A whiff of change would be more like it thus far, but hopefully soon will work up to a wind then a hurricane in the run up to the finish.

WhileTheChief..
01-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Far too many excuses being trotted out already.

The OP called it spot on. Could've, would've should've is becoming our new mantra.

We are utterly gash at the moment and playing slightly improved tippy tappy football over TBs hoofball is hardly a great improvement when results are even worse.

Stubbs has to start getting it right from now. No more bedding in, gel time or other pish. He said when he came in that he didn't care about systems or philosophies, just that winning was all what mattered.

Robinho08
01-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Early days still. It won't happen overnight unfortunately. :-(

The Green Goblin
01-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Based on results, yes, but Saturday was the first awful performance this season.

Maybe not a million times better but what I have watched this season (performance-wise) has been a drastic improvement on last year, First Division or not.

Farid's injury has been a hammer blow and going by today's transfer business it appears yet another manager has been horribly undermined by our board's lack of vision and ambition. Or maybe just plain old lack of funds.

It will be horrible if we're all on another manager's back again soon because he's done about as much as could be reasonably expected of him so far. Blame lies elsewhere, he can only urinate using the appendage with which he has been provided. Or something like that.

All totally fair points. I do hope Stubbs finds a way through it all and that we find a more positive way forward. Personally, I think a clean break is necessary from the old era of STF and RP for that to truly happen. But as we all know, that is easier said than done.

BroxburnHibee
01-09-2014, 06:22 PM
We were awful for 75 minutes against Dumbarton but got away with it. You'd think the team might have drawn some inspiration from that - sadly no.

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2014, 06:30 PM
it will only change once every board member is removed from their position. We have lacked real leadership from the top for years now, every decision is worse than the one before it - its always reactive instead of proactive. Even the new CEO seems to have no real ideas, all she wants to do is have meetings with a few hundred fans, why does she not have a real vision and a plan of action? why does she need to ask the fans?

imo the fans no nothing, it all started when mixu left, that was the first real bad decision, and calderwood; that was just horrific, and now we are losing to Alloa, thats just unacceptable.

they have hired all these backroom people taking more and more money out of the playing budget - i blame petrie and have done for years.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2014, 06:33 PM
it will only change once every board member is removed from their position. We have lacked real leadership from the top for years now, every decision is worse than the one before it - its always reactive instead of proactive. Even the new CEO seems to have no real ideas, all she wants to do is have meetings with a few hundred fans, why does she not have a real vision and a plan of action? why does she need to ask the fans?

imo the fans no nothing, it all started when mixu left, that was the first real bad decision, and calderwood; that was just horrific, and now we are losing to Alloa, thats just unacceptable.

they have hired all these backroom people taking more and more money out of the playing budget - i blame petrie and have done for years.

Your 1st sentence is spot on.

Too many 'yes men' letting Rod run the club into the ground.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Your 1st sentence is spot on.

Too many 'yes men' letting Rod run the club into the ground.

And i fear will only change once we have a new owner?

Gerard
01-09-2014, 07:49 PM
And i fear will only change once we have a new owner?

Perhaps the time is right for a new owner who will be prepared to have a different approach to ownership than Sir Tom Farmer:wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Perhaps the time is right for a new owner who will be prepared to have a different approach to ownership than Sir Tom Farmer:wink:

The time was right a llloooooonnnnggggg time ago.

ronaldo7
01-09-2014, 07:56 PM
It's about time the club started to use accounts they opened on here, and on the bounce. Things have gone very quiet recently.

Come out, come out wherever you are.