PDA

View Full Version : Dean Shiels

Deano Mourinho
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Not Leigh Griffiths but pretty sure he would get us goals and think Sevco 5088 would happily accept a contribution to his wages if he was to come on loan.
Just an idea LD if you are listening.
We are not going to get the main man but maybe this would help soften the blow

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
No thanks.

Ozyhibby
01-09-2014, 12:24 PM
No thanks

inglisavhibs
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Not Leigh Griffiths but pretty sure he would get us goals and think Sevco 5088 would happily accept a contribution to his wages if he was to come on loan.

Another player who doesn't have a position and can't run.No thanks.

California-Hibs
01-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Personally asked him around 6 weeks ago. He isn't coming to Hibs.

cocopops1875
01-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Just out of interest why would The Rangers want to strengthen us this of all seasons ?

db03
01-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Personally asked him around 6 weeks ago. He isn't coming to Hibs.

he isn't but would love to!!

ALF TUPPER
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
No thanks.

Deano Mourinho
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Just out of interest why would The Rangers want to strengthen us this of all seasons ?

From what I have heard they hardly managed to pay all wages this month

Deano Mourinho
01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Even with his limited appearances at Sevco he has managed a few goals and we need a goalscorer

HappyHibby93
01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
No. We don't need any more players in that role now that we have mcgeogh. Striker required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
01-09-2014, 12:42 PM
He wasn't good enough six years ago so why want him now ?, a luxury player and not the type we need right now.

Franck Stanton
01-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Thought Deano was a good player for us, would welcome him back with open arms, could certainly do a job for us. We are in the second tier of Scottish football ffs - not the EPl - this is the standard of player we can attract nowadays.

Deano Mourinho
01-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Thought Deano was a good player for us, would welcome him back with open arms, could certainly do a job for us. We are in the second tier of Scottish football ffs - not the EPl - this is the standard of player we can attract nowadays.

Exactly and tbh reason he left was because squad we had was much stronger than what we have now

emerald green
01-09-2014, 12:46 PM
From what I have heard they hardly managed to pay all wages this month

Same with the Yaks for months on end. "Big team". Doesn't seem to have done them too much harm.

Canongatehibs
01-09-2014, 12:46 PM
No thanks.

db03
01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
He wasn't good enough six years ago so why want him now ?, a luxury player and not the type we need right now.

Antoine Courier, Clayton Donaldson, Stephen Dobbie. There are a few players who were deemed "not good enough" but would have them back now!

Iceman1875
01-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Someone who genuinely cares for the club and is a decent player too, yeah I'd take him back.

At Easter Road we play...

Smartie
01-09-2014, 01:56 PM
I remember him being labelled an "impact player" and that it was considered to be a criticism in that he couldn't influence games from the start and for 90 minutes.

One of the things that struck me on the way back from the game on Saturday was that we really lack an impact player - Heffernan, Harris and Handling strike me more as being "totally incapable of making a positive impact" players. When Farid went off and Alloa were getting back into the game I had no faith whatsoever that we would get the win on Saturday.

I cannot believe that anyone would not want Deano back. Not that this year of all years Rangers would let him come to us.

Weststandwanab
01-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Sevco Limited may have no other option than to offload players today.

NOLA
01-09-2014, 02:13 PM
we need strikers not more attacking midfielders

bobbyhibs1983
01-09-2014, 02:14 PM
I dunno what it is, but why do we , as fans seemingly want former players back?

we had goc, deeko, thomson and now deano.though to be fair i dont see much call(by the posts on this thread for deano)

why do we want ex players back?:confused:

percy veer
01-09-2014, 02:24 PM
i dunno what it is, but why do we , as fans seemingly want former players back?

We had goc, deeko, thomson and now deano.though to be fair i dont see much call(by the posts on this thread for deano)

why do we want ex players back?:confused:

??? Pat mcginlay ???

Keith_M
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm not convinced he would be better than what we have and there's no way Rangers would want to strengthen a rival club.

Smartie
01-09-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm not convinced he would be better than what we have and there's no way Rangers would want to strengthen a rival club.

We're not exactly awash with goalscoring midfielders. Not good ones anyway.

Deano is miles better than what we have but the second part of your post is correct and why he won't be coming.

Franck Stanton
01-09-2014, 02:55 PM

Not having a dig here at you mate, but think you have hit the nail on the head. To all the posters saying "No Thanks" " not good enough" read the above post, digest what is written . If he is not good enough, then how would he "Strengthen" us ? To suggest he would do so implies he is better than we have at present.

Kojock
01-09-2014, 03:31 PM

Because if it was a loan deal they would insert a clause that he wouldn't be able to play against them. So in effect making us stronger against the other teams apart from them.

.Sean.
01-09-2014, 05:26 PM
No thanks.
Aye, cause an exciting, creative, forward-thinking midfielder than kens where the goals are is exactly what we don't need :rolleyes:

Crops73
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM

It would soften the blow quite a bit in my opinion.

I'm sure the huns would be agreeable.

snooky
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Broony & Sparky are the only 2 ex players I would welcome back at this moment.

Iceman1875
01-09-2014, 05:32 PM

I'd happily take Whittaker and Fletch if I'm honest 😉

At Easter Road we play...

Smartie
01-09-2014, 05:37 PM

Seriously?

Bamba, Fletcher, Whittaker, Zemmama wouldn't be welcome?

I'd have Rankin, Wotherspoon, Nish, Rob Jones, KT, McPake, Sheils, Benji, Chris Killen and god knows how many others too.

I'd probably draw the line at Ross Chisholm, Joe Keenan and Alan O'Brien but having witnessed us deservedly lose to Alloa I've had to re-evaluate exactly where we are at the moment.

steakbake
01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
A striker is needed.

Aldo
01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Shiels has had his time IMHO. Time to move on!

Stevie Reid
01-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Amazing how many people still turn their nose up at Shiels, even now. It was surprising enough when we were in the SPL.

snooky
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Seriously?

Bamba, Fletcher, Whittaker, Zemmama wouldn't be welcome?

I'd have Rankin, Wotherspoon, Nish, Rob Jones, KT, McPake, Sheils, Benji, Chris Killen and god knows how many others too.

I'd probably draw the line at Ross Chisholm, Joe Keenan and Alan O'Brien but having witnessed us deservedly lose to Alloa I've had to re-evaluate exactly where we are at the moment.

Aye okay, there are a few others :greengrin.

My point was really, I'd rather we looked forward than back.