PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

HibeeHutch
01-09-2014, 03:34 AM
It's been extremely frustrating to watch us stumble so far this season while 'they' have got off to a flier up the road. However, this is one of the biggest transitions we have had to go through and I still have faith that Stubbs will weed out the remaining dead wood at some point. Remember, we were unlucky not to win at Ibrox, we lost narrowly at the league leaders, should have won but lost vs a lucky Falkirk (who will be in the top half), had a great come back against Dumbarton; but unfortunately took a stumble against a tricky Alloa on an artificial pitch. I seem to remember we did not get off to the best start when relegated the last time (we lost to Stranraer at ER) but came good in the end. I think losing our striker and failing to land Griffiths combined with the form of Hertz has really put a dampener on the outlook but I do think things will start to get better. We are just extremely inconsistent right now but I think that will change in a positive way. Celtic aren't exactly setting the heather alight either so it even happens to the cream of the crop. Let's just continue to get behind the team.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 05:48 AM
No perspective neede mate, this has been happening for so long now. Stats are 6 competitive games, lost 4. Last time we were relegated we signed Mixu, Latapy and Sauzee amongst others to turn it around, can't see us signing that quality this time.

steakbake
01-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Wake up. There's nothing unfortunate about it. It's like a gambler thinking the next spin or the one after that will win him back his losses.

Stewboy
01-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Losing to Falkirk because they will be in the top half isn't a valid reason I am afraid.

steakbake
01-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Losing to Falkirk because they will be in the top half isn't a valid reason I am afraid.

...or the Alloa plastic pitch. Or however narrow the defeats were to Hearts or The Rangers.

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-09-2014, 06:35 AM
We are where we deserve to be unfortunately.

No amount of would've, could've, should've's can be used as an excuse!

To be 9 points off the lead at this stage is criminal and LD and Stubbs need to tell us how they intend to turn this around and quickly.

we are hibs
01-09-2014, 06:39 AM
this is whats wrong with the club - accepting defeat.

kentao
01-09-2014, 06:44 AM
We beat livi with a lucky big punt up the park. We could be joint bottom with only a point. Hibs haven`t performed anywhere near the standard to suggest we will do well in this league. Nows the time to get the finger out and give the fans something to believe in again.

Brizo
01-09-2014, 06:50 AM
I seem to remember we did not get off to the best start when relegated the last time (we lost to Stranraer at ER) but came good in the end. I think losing our striker and failing to land Griffiths combined with the form of Hertz has really put a dampener on the outlook but I do think things will start to get better. We are just extremely inconsistent right now but I think that will change in a positive way.

Theres no comparison between this relegation and the last. Tom O'Malleys "big adventure" PR was backed up by a highly competent squad which also wasn't competing against the huns and diets ; and there was a feel good factor which saw higher home crowds than in most seasons in the top flight.

Petries "wind of change" has been more like a light breeze and we have a paper thin squad lacking experienced quality players in various key positions. Stubbs is trying his best and his philosophy is there for all to see. However his philosophy alone wont win matches. It needs players to carry it out and in that department we are severely lacking.

As for being "inconsistent" :faf: we are in fact extremely consistent, extremely consistent in getting beaten in most games.

Ive no doubt we will start to pick up some wins in the league but we are already way behind the front runners and I think we will struggle to make a play off spot.

Nutmegged
01-09-2014, 08:02 AM
It's been extremely frustrating to watch us stumble so far this season while 'they' have got off to a flier up the road. However, this is one of the biggest transitions we have had to go through and I still have faith that Stubbs will weed out the remaining dead wood at some point. Remember, we were unlucky not to win at Ibrox, we lost narrowly at the league leaders, should have won but lost vs a lucky Falkirk (who will be in the top half), had a great come back against Dumbarton; but unfortunately took a stumble against a tricky Alloa on an artificial pitch. I seem to remember we did not get off to the best start when relegated the last time (we lost to Stranraer at ER) but came good in the end. I think losing our striker and failing to land Griffiths combined with the form of Hertz has really put a dampener on the outlook but I do think things will start to get better. We are just extremely inconsistent right now but I think that will change in a positive way. Celtic aren't exactly setting the heather alight either so it even happens to the cream of the crop. Let's just continue to get behind the team.
Prespective? Mate I appreciate your optimism but this smacks of someone making excuse after excuse, its all just hard luck stories, Hibs couldn't lose a game just because we're crap could we?

played well here, unlucky there, didn't get what we deserved elsewhere... time to wake up to the reality of the situation, this is the 1st of September and we're still 4/5 players short for this division

Stewboy
01-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Prespective? Mate I appreciate your optimism but this smacks of someone making excuse after excuse, its all just hard luck stories, Hibs couldn't lose a game just because we're crap could we?

played well here, unlucky there, didn't get what we deserved elsewhere... time to wake up to the reality of the situation, this is the 1st of September and we're still 4/5 players short for this division

Being crap is one thing. Being 4/5 players short after dropping a division is inexcusable

Jack
01-09-2014, 08:16 AM
With respect to the OP. You could have started your post like this ...

It's been extremely frustrating to watch us stumble so far this century while 'they' have got off to a flier up the road. However, this is one of a series of transitions we have had to go through and we still have faith that that Stubbs will weed out the remaining dead wood at some point as all the previous incumbents averred to do. Remember, it wasn't so long ago Hibs were at the top table of European football, even the Brazilians were impressed!

We're not famous anymore :'-(

worcesterhibby
01-09-2014, 08:50 AM
We're not famous anymore :'-(

Thank God..at least living down here in Sassanachland nobody ever hears about the shambles that is our club at the moment..the only Scottish teams that get laughed at are Celtic, for getting pumped out the CL and Rangers for being..well Rangers.

I genuinely feel bad for my fellow Hibby's living in Edinburgh at the moment, especially those who work alongside Jambos…I don't think I could take it.

Tom Farmer certainly is a strange sort of bloke…cared enough to Save the club and has enough cash to turn our fortunes around in a matter of weeks..but chooses to let us die slowly and embarrassingly. Happy to spend millions buying uninhabited islands in the Firth of Forth for no apparent reason, but not happy to buy us decent players.

I guess he doesn't understand or have any passion for the club, but you would think he would care about his own legacy.

lord bunberry
01-09-2014, 08:50 AM

It's not perspective we needs, it's wins and lots of them. Nothing else will do now.

Ozyhibby
01-09-2014, 08:55 AM
There are 19 clubs in Scotland above us right now. Can you put that in perspective?

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2014, 09:07 AM
There are 19 clubs in Scotland above us right now. Can you put that in perspective?

that's not fair, we're in our yearly transition period, the 18 teams above us are just taking advantage

Bobby's Cinema
01-09-2014, 09:11 AM
I ****ing despair at what OUR club has done to us.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Thank God..at least living down here in Sassanachland nobody ever hears about the shambles that is our club at the moment..the only Scottish teams that get laughed at are Celtic, for getting pumped out the CL and Rangers for being..well Rangers.

I genuinely feel bad for my fellow Hibby's living in Edinburgh at the moment, especially those who work alongside Jambos…I don't think I could take it.

Tom Farmer certainly is a strange sort of bloke…cared enough to Save the club and has enough cash to turn our fortunes around in a matter of weeks..but chooses to let us die slowly and embarrassingly. Happy to spend millions buying uninhabited islands in the Firth of Forth for no apparent reason, but not happy to buy us decent players.

I guess he doesn't understand or have any passion for the club, but you would think he would care about his own legacy.

Yip, i think it was Johnyboy who said it was like he adopted us then refused to feed us. I just dont know why he still wants to own us anymore?

His time was up a long time ago.

Scottie
01-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Yip, i think it was Johnyboy who said it was like he adopted us then refused to feed us. I just dont know why he still wants to own us anymore?

His time was up a long time ago.
Haven't you heard ? He's actively looking for some mug to offload us to.

No serious takers by all accounts :rolleyes:

jacomo
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
I have warmed to Stubbs with his focus on getting the ball down and overall professionalism. He's a rookie manager though and learning on the job - influencing the game from the bench is a tricky skill to master and it seems he still has some way to go here. Still, Louis van Gaal is showing that you need the options to work with.

Our squad is light with little cover in key positions and desperately needs reinforcing. Remaining players from last season haven't upped their game, our captain in particular should be bossing games at this level.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Theres no comparison between this relegation and the last. Tom O'Malleys "big adventure" PR was backed up by a highly competent squad which also wasn't competing against the huns and diets ; and there was a feel good factor which saw higher home crowds than in most seasons in the top flight.

Petries "wind of change" has been more like a light breeze and we have a paper thin squad lacking experienced quality players in various key positions. Stubbs is trying his best and his philosophy is there for all to see. However his philosophy alone wont win matches. It needs players to carry it out and in that department we are severely lacking.

As for being "inconsistent" :faf: we are in fact extremely consistent, extremely consistent in getting beaten in most games.

Ive no doubt we will start to pick up some wins in the league but we are already way behind the front runners and I think we will struggle to make a play off spot.

I never thought that would be possible but it is looking that may well be true. With OotS, Raith Rovers and Rangers in 3 of the next 4 games, lose all 3 games (which on current is more likely that winning all 3) and it will be a massive struggle to get in to the top 4