PDA

View Full Version : Would you swap positions with that lot.

GlasgowHibee
31-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Having a few late night thoughts to myself and this got me wondering, would anyone swap positions with the horrible mob from Gorgie?

Let's have a bit of a recap, they cheated their way to Cup Final's, European trips and 2nd place, amongst many other things. They survived administration and a potential liquidation against almost all odds. They've emerged 10x stronger - both financially and football squad side of things - than before relegation and have also started this season really well.

Meanwhile we tried to do things the proper way, invested in the stadium, invested in youth facilities, sold our homegrown players, for a lot of £££ with no actual "success".

So that's the question, would you swap positions with Hearts for everything that's happened in the past 10 years?

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
No.

That's probably the heart ruling the head as in years to come they will have trophy wins and derby wins to go on and on about when everyone but us has forgotten the cheating but just no.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2014, 10:18 PM
No thanks.

Mikey09
31-08-2014, 10:19 PM
having a few late night thoughts to myself and this got me wondering, would anyone swap positions with the horrible mob from gorgie?

Let's have a bit of a recap, they cheated their way to cup final's, european trips and 2nd place, amongst many other things. They survived administration and a potential liquidation against almost all odds. They've emerged 10x stronger - both financially and football squad side of things - than before relegation and have also started this season really well.

Meanwhile we tried to do things the proper way, invested in the stadium, invested in youth facilities, sold our homegrown players, for a lot of £££ with no actual "success".

So that's the question, would you swap positions with hearts for everything that's happened in the past 10 years?

never in a million years mate!!!!! I have morals!!!

Scottie
31-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Have a word wi yersell

Never Never Never

GGTTH07
31-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Probably. Not going to lie, sorry people.

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 10:34 PM
No.

But i would take a mad Vlad as a new owner right now.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Equate it to you and a mate;

You work hard, you've saved up for years living in a squalid bedsit to afford your own house. You've cut down on nights out and luxuries and strove to give yourself a better life. And you've taken a fair few knockbacks over the years and missed out on a lot but at the end of the day, you can rest your head on the pillow knowing that although your house isn't fully in order, one day you'll be able to look back with pride and say you did it the right way through hard work and endeavour.

Your mate on the other hand, lived on his dad's credit card and bought a luxury pad, never missed a night out, literally sp**ked someone else's dough in the Ambassador sauna and paid for the lads holiday up front. Unfortunately, dad disowned him, the money dried up, all his acquaintances pitied him and mocked him and he ended up going through a trust deed. He's now debt free and has had to start all over again and although he seems relatively happy and is coping, you and the rest of the people that know him will never forget he had a lavish life funded by someone else and he ended up having to hand himself into the courts and declare that he lived an excessive lifestyle paid for by someone else.

And whilst he reminisces of classic house parties and fun holidays, everyone behind his back is thinking "yeah, but it was all fake and you never earned it".

F*** 'em

R'Albin
I'd probably be saying the opposite if I was one of them, but no I would not switch.

Edit - PH :top marks

GlasgowHibee
Have a word wi yersell

Never Never Never

Why? Undoubtedly everything which happened in their mad period was morally wrong, but I don't know if you've noticed, morals have gone out the window in Scottish Football since the introduction of Sevco.

The phrase nice guys finish last seems appropriate.

QMU-1875
31-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Wear maroon and cut about actually thinking "gorgie rulz"... Id rather sh*t in my hands and clap.

Zazu62
31-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Never. We will have our day and many more. Hibernian will be back .

Mikey09
31-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Why? Undoubtedly everything which happened in their mad period was morally wrong, but I don't know if you've noticed, morals have gone out the window in Scottish Football since the introduction of Sevco.

The phrase nice guys finish last seems appropriate.

We're hurting just now.... We're embarrassed just now.... We're toiling just now.....

The season has just started and some want to write it off as a result of this. I know things will pick up and get better and we will be up there challenging for the title. All the while knowing we do things the right way. Hearts are a horrible club with arrogant pricks in charge of them, playing for them and supporting them. They robbed there own charity ffs... Would I swap places with them?? NO ****ING CHANCE.... Next.

Thecat23
31-08-2014, 10:58 PM
3 Scottish cups, splitting old firm and qualifying for CL, ok pumped out before proper CL. Starting again with no debt and sitting top of the championship.

Or

Having 7 years of utter dross, journeymen players terrible managers, split dressing rooms, owner and a tight hole chairmen who sits all smug when "his" club has been relegated........ Probably yeah actually I would.

Seems everyone in football has turned a blind eye to the robbing *******s bar us. Then again if roles were reversed we'd have gone bust and never came back with our luck.

Deansy
31-08-2014, 11:04 PM
NEVER !. There's absolutely no point whatsoever in 'Winning' if you, yourself, know you have cheated - you can have all the cups and winner's-medals you like but if you know you cheated to do it, you will always know how they were 'won'. You'll never experience true pride ! More so if EVERYBODY else knows you cheated !

To a 'man', deep-down most of them know what they did but they will never admit it - and THAT is what it takes to be one of them. And THAT is the difference between us and them.

Nando™
31-08-2014, 11:05 PM
The wrongdoings of that club far outweighs any good it has done. It has shat on the people that delivered services for it and it has shat on the very principles of the sport itself and came out the other side without a single shred of remorse.

It is an abhorrent organisation run by crooks and enabled by it's moronic, sectarian, Nazi sheep.

**** them.

Jones28
31-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Why wouldn't you? They cheated and got away with it. We played the honest game. We're in deeper **** than them.

Be honest with yourself.

Swap teams? Never. Swap the positions of the two? Yes.

Just_Jimmy
31-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Absolutely. I hate them but the reality is everyone is football cares more about winning and money than morals.

Nobody cares how they did it, they just care that they did it. We go on about it but it just sounds bitter.

Meanwhile we are pathetic. Nice guys finish last. Cheats prosper.

HoboHarry
31-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Absolutely. I hate them but the reality is everyone is football cares more about winning and money than morals.

Nobody cares how they did it, they just care that they did it. We go on about it but it just sounds bitter.

Meanwhile we are pathetic. Nice guys finish last. Cheats prosper.

Not in the long term they don't. Rangers are a financial basket case and Hearts have significant sums to pay back IIRC and a stadium which will catch up with them at some point.

Just_Jimmy
31-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Not in the long term they don't. Rangers are a financial basket case and Hearts have significant sums to pay back IIRC and a stadium which will catch up with them at some point.

Folk have been saying that for years. We lost all our best players between 2006-2008. We have been absolutely and utterly ***** since. Its nice to watch it in a beautiful (empty) stadium while our imposters take a wage for dicking around on playstations etc at east mains. Meanwhile hearts players went unpaid and training alongside students and played in a dump but they pissed over us everytime. Rangers got away with murder, everyone has accepted their crap. The media lap it up and so far they haven't learned from their mistakes but if it happens again they'll get away with it again.

We're 9 points behind one and 6 behind the other. We'll be in this division while they are both playing top flight football again.

Tell me, how does that make us winners in a football sense?

The_Horde
31-08-2014, 11:35 PM
If I wanted to be in their position I'd be at tynecastle every week.

I'd rather watch hibs play in the conference than EVER be one of them.

HoboHarry
31-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Folk have been saying that for years. We lost all our best players between 2006-2008. We have been absolutely and utterly ***** since. Its nice to watch it in a beautiful (empty) stadium while our imposters take a wage for dicking around on playstations etc at east mains. Meanwhile hearts players went unpaid and training alongside students and played in a dump but they pissed over us everytime. Rangers got away with murder, everyone has accepted their crap. The media lap it up and so far they haven't learned from their mistakes but if it happens again they'll get away with it again.

We're 9 points behind one and 6 behind the other. We'll be in this division while they are both playing top flight football again.

Tell me, how does that make us winners in a football sense?
Where did I say it is currently making us winners? I said that cheats will not prosper long term for the reasons I stated.

cleanyman
31-08-2014, 11:38 PM
I'd happily swap positions

Just_Jimmy
01-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Where did I say it is currently making us winners? I said that cheats will not prosper long term for the reasons I stated.

They already have prospered. They've won a couple of trophies and screwed us over. They got saved, the are miles ahead of us on the pitch and even their "punishment" was a joke. They only went down cos of the deduction, we got less points than them last year. They'll be back in the SPL next season while we are pissing around down a division and looking completely lost. They have prospered.

Pete
01-09-2014, 01:17 AM
I'd rather win nothing than win anything the way they won it.

Some people aren't half putting the effort in to make a case for them.

Baader
01-09-2014, 01:34 AM
No way. Anyone jealous of a Jambo needs to have a serious look at themself.

Pete
01-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Absolutely. I hate them but the reality is everyone in football cares more about winning and money than morals.

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong. A football club is a part of someone's identity as far as im concerned and certain behaviour is unacceptable. There's a lot, lot more to the game than simply winning.

Before you, or any other apologist tells us we're kidding ourselves or aren't being realistic then please dont. All you'd be doing is judging others by your own standards.

hibeerealist
01-09-2014, 02:16 AM
May 2012 I took my three sons (who all believed we would get ****ed and my wife who never went to games ) Ran a bus from my house 80 seater and had the most ****ing awful day along with many thousands of other hi bees YES I ****ING WOULD.

What harm has it done these ****er Giving us a severe doing in a SC Final with a team they could NOT afford. Answers on a spewing postcard .

get real you tosses football is about winning not this ***** that you would have us subscribe to in a perfect world!!!

Having a few late night thoughts to myself and this got me wondering, would anyone swap positions with the horrible mob from Gorgie?

Let's have a bit of a recap, they cheated their way to Cup Final's, European trips and 2nd place, amongst many other things. They survived administration and a potential liquidation against almost all odds. They've emerged 10x stronger - both financially and football squad side of things - than before relegation and have also started this season really well.

So that's the question, would you swap positions with Hearts for everything that's happened in the past 10 years?

zero-seven
01-09-2014, 04:01 AM
3 Scottish cups, splitting old firm and qualifying for CL, ok pumped out before proper CL. Starting again with no debt and sitting top of the championship.

Or

Having 7 years of utter dross, journeymen players terrible managers, split dressing rooms, owner and a tight hole chairmen who sits all smug when "his" club has been relegated........ Probably yeah actually I would.

Seems everyone in football has turned a blind eye to the robbing *******s bar us. Then again if roles were reversed we'd have gone bust and never came back with our luck.

I really hate agreeing, but yes i would .... our morals are great, but our standard of football, our standard of manager and chairman are the worst i have ever been exposed to in my 53 years...i thank god that i live in Australia away from that pile of cr@p at easter road..they will always be in my blood, but they make it so hard to be optimistic

Kaiser1962
01-09-2014, 06:39 AM

:top marks

s.a.m
01-09-2014, 06:43 AM

Me too. I'm not interested in ripping off small businesses / taxpayers / council taxpayers etc.. to win trophies. It's unfortunate that the football authorities allow it to happen, and that **** are able to take advantage of that in pursuit of shallow victory, but it's not for me.

Tricla
01-09-2014, 06:52 AM
I've seen it all now. There are Hibs fans on his thread actually saying they would swap for what they have and how they achieved it?

Mental.

Get a grip folks.

Hibs Class
01-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Why wouldn't you? They cheated and got away with it. We played the honest game. We're in deeper **** than them.

Be honest with yourself.

Swap teams? Never. Swap the positions of the two? Yes.

Being honest: If we had had the success they have had (itself not that impressive when you consider the scale of their cheating) and it then turned out to have been built on corruption at a level which only rangers could compete with, then I would have turned my back on my club and walked away, no question.

SanFranHibs
01-09-2014, 07:00 AM
The sad thing is in this question of morals is that Hearts only 'got away with it' because Scottish football is so crap. If last seasons SPL had one more game we would have gone straight down and Killie probably would have been in the playoff and that pile of Brad Pitt who had won 4 of their last 5 probably would have stayed up. And our Championship is so bad that they can gut their team for a second time in a few months and sit unbeaten atop the division. (We have to give them some credit for getting players who perform to their ability).

Football being a business is as devoid of morals as any other. The difference up here is you can 'get away' with it in a footballing sense whereas if you took a hit in England and I am sure other European countries a second level team like Hearts, (compared to Celtic and Rangers when they were in the SPL) going down would struggle to get back up. Administration in England for decent size teams affects them for years. In Scotland our league and media are so biased they completely overlook the 'morals' of who might have been screwed over in the process and babble on about we need all the 'big' teams and 'Oh, what a shame for these poor young lads'.

And us as a fan group last year, gloating over their demise, not thinking we would be going down with them, all quite happy in the 'knowledge' that the would not be able to afford good players, they would have to live within their means and playing against them on a level playing field.

But what galls me the most in this affair is that for all the trouble they were in, all the talk of having to sell this player, that player, sell Tynecastle they still OWN one thing they won't have to sell.....us. Alas, Hearts will not be remembered for going into admin and everyone will just laugh that they fell for Vlad's CL glory and 50,000 stadium. The reason people do not like them is not for their lack of morals but their arrogance, an arrogance that in my opinion, in recent years has just been fuelled by lording it over us. Ok, they won the Cup a couple of times beating us 4-0 and 5-1 but it is not as if they have won the league, or reached CL group stages. We sustain their arrogance with our ineptitude.

I think that is why deep down I really wanted them to die because I know that they could gut their team any time the want to, go and pick up a few players who are not considered particularly good and still beat us.

Would I swap places with them? Like Charles the First would swap places with Cromwell. Another loser who though he had the moral high ground!

I still want them to die so why should I want Hibs to swap places with them.

P.S. I have kept pretty quiet recently as I don't like coming on here and slagging our players as individuals but I can feel the anger and dismay mounting daily as I watch another season nearing the precipice. Still I will wait to see what Hibs do today and am still hopeful that we have a trick up our transfer sleeve today!!

Tomorrow? another day and possibly another mood swing :wink:

AgentDaleCooper
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Yes. To anyone who says no - do you think we'd be wanting to swap if the tables were turned? They might have cheated, but they're paying their dues now. We're just really, really crap. So crap, top to bottom, and only look like getting crapper.

Albanian Hibs
01-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Never.

Steve20
01-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Depends what you mean by swap positions?

Would I rather we had a team who was 1st with a team capable of winning the league rather than 8th with a crap team? Yes, very much so.

Would I like to be Hearts? No, never.

SanFranHibs
01-09-2014, 08:13 AM

Would I rather we had a team who was 1st with a team capable of winning the league rather than 8th with a crap team? Yes, very much so.

If the question was solely about the football side of it, ie. would we prefer to be top, unbeaten, well.....emmm, let me think.

The question is do we think the means, cheating and stealing, justifes the ends? We can't pick and choose parts of it and say, 'Well, not the poppy money theft, but screwing over a few Lithuanians is ok'.

There is a world of difference between managing debt and stealing & cheating.

It's YES or NO and frankly I would have problems justifying cheating and theft in any situation.

NO!!!

Except on the 18th :wink:

:saltireflag

spike220
01-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Probably. Not going to lie, sorry people.

Is that you Terry???

HappyAsHellas
01-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Has it always been a part of your ambition to cast pensioners onto the streets, to beg for food for the rest of their lives?
Plunder someones entire life savings so Mr Ebou (sp) can get £11,000 a week?

If so, you sound like the type of backstabbing, hypocritical, lying, cheating person we adore - why not come and join us today down Gorgie way?
On your way here, you can learn our theme song as well:

To the tune of "sing when your winning"

Quick, grab the poppies,
Their backs are turned, grab the poppies
etc, etc.

NO

Gordy M
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
I despair about this place sometimes. We constantly go on about the team having fight and showing guts, and now we have a thread about swapping with our biggest rivals!?! And folk actually saying they would?! Thats no surprise after reading the match thread on sat when posters were more interested in telling us how great the yams were!?!? Jeez. It seems that some folk take every opportunity to tell us how great they are. The soft underbelly of this club runs deep. **** them, never ever ever would i swap with them.

weecounty hibby
01-09-2014, 09:25 AM
If we swapped positions with them at least their sisters would see a different face. I would love the SC wins but my sense of morals and fair play would always make me feel like the low life cheating filth that they are. It's tough being Hibs at the moment but that is what makes it all the sweeter when we do come good.
No thanks I'm a Hibby and always will be and have never ever felt like swapping anything with them.

lord bunberry
01-09-2014, 09:40 AM
The sad thing is in this question of morals is that Hearts only 'got away with it' because Scottish football is so crap. If last seasons SPL had one more game we would have gone straight down and Killie probably would have been in the playoff and that pile of Brad Pitt who had won 4 of their last 5 probably would have stayed up. And our Championship is so bad that they can gut their team for a second time in a few months and sit unbeaten atop the division. (We have to give them some credit for getting players who perform to their ability).

Football being a business is as devoid of morals as any other. The difference up here is you can 'get away' with it in a footballing sense whereas if you took a hit in England and I am sure other European countries a second level team like Hearts, (compared to Celtic and Rangers when they were in the SPL) going down would struggle to get back up. Administration in England for decent size teams affects them for years. In Scotland our league and media are so biased they completely overlook the 'morals' of who might have been screwed over in the process and babble on about we need all the 'big' teams and 'Oh, what a shame for these poor young lads'.

And us as a fan group last year, gloating over their demise, not thinking we would be going down with them, all quite happy in the 'knowledge' that the would not be able to afford good players, they would have to live within their means and playing against them on a level playing field.

But what galls me the most in this affair is that for all the trouble they were in, all the talk of having to sell this player, that player, sell Tynecastle they still OWN one thing they won't have to sell.....us. Alas, Hearts will not be remembered for going into admin and everyone will just laugh that they fell for Vlad's CL glory and 50,000 stadium. The reason people do not like them is not for their lack of morals but their arrogance, an arrogance that in my opinion, in recent years has just been fuelled by lording it over us. Ok, they won the Cup a couple of times beating us 4-0 and 5-1 but it is not as if they have won the league, or reached CL group stages. We sustain their arrogance with our ineptitude.

I think that is why deep down I really wanted them to die because I know that they could gut their team any time the want to, go and pick up a few players who are not considered particularly good and still beat us.

Would I swap places with them? Like Charles the First would swap places with Cromwell. Another loser who though he had the moral high ground!

I still want them to die so why should I want Hibs to swap places with them.

P.S. I have kept pretty quiet recently as I don't like coming on here and slagging our players as individuals but I can feel the anger and dismay mounting daily as I watch another season nearing the precipice. Still I will wait to see what Hibs do today and am still hopeful that we have a trick up our transfer sleeve today!!

Tomorrow? another day and possibly another mood swing :wink:

We finished 12 points ahead of hearts so 1 more game would have made no difference

01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Rob charities and small businesses to cheat our way to a bit of success? no thanks. Obviously it would be great to win trophies etc etc. but knowing that people lost their jobs, charities for good causes have been penny pinched etc. in order for us to cheat our way to it is not a nice thought.

When our time comes in the future - we will have won it honestly and not had to cheat/thieve/con our way to it.

To answer your question - I wouldn't swap places with that vile, bigotted, arrogant, cheating, robbing, scabby little joke of a club for all the trophies and glory in the world.

FranckSuzy
01-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Sorry, but IMHO, threads like this just give THEM more reasons to laugh at us. Swap places? Aye right! When we finally end up playing in the EoS league, I'll still be going :rolleyes: :wink:

Sweet Left Peg
01-09-2014, 11:06 AM

No. Because that would make me a Jambo. I am a Hibs fan, through and through. Through thick and thin, ups and downs. Sometimes we will play well, sometimes we will be dire. Sometimes we will challenge near the top, sometimes we will be relegated. There is more to being a Hibs fan than seeing Hibs win a match on a Saturday.

Sammy7nil
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Yes I probably would.

BBC are slapping Hearts on the back now all the "cheating" is long frogotten.

The only people that care about Hearts cheating are Hibs fans football has no morals just look at Saurez for confirmation.

basehibby
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
This scenario is akin to having an inbred sleazebag acquaintance who somehow has a beautiful and desireable sister.

You find out that said sleazebag has been ****ging his beautiful desireable sister for a number of years - you discuss it with a mate and he says - aye but wouldn't you like to swap places with him???

Answer - of course you'd love to be in his position - but if that actually meant BEING the inbred sleazebag then you would have to say - NOT IN A MILLION YEARS :jamboak:

Alfred E Newman
01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Would I like to have seen us win a couple of Scottish Cups before I snuff it beating Hearts 5-1 in one of the finals? Beating Hearts home and away on a regular basis like the 60s and 70s? Of course I would. Too bloody right I would.

WeeRussell
01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
depends... Do I get to say "5-1" all the time?

Islington Hibs
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
No I wouldn't. I am a Hibs fan end of and their 'success' was bought.

However whether we like it or not they have got out of jail free and are swaggering like invincible drunks. We have screwed up monumentally. Just as we should be rubbing them in it they, again, are laughing at us.

I am no historian, but I guess in the 138 year struggle for Edinburgh supremacy one would need to go back to the 1930's to find such a gap between their support and ours. I still think all guns blazing we are at least as well supported as them, but 25 years underperformance is taking its toll. We need pretty urgently to get our act together.

rcarter1
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
No I wouldn't. I am a Hibs fan end of and their 'success' was bought.

However whether we like it or not they have got out of jail free and are swaggering like invincible drunks. We have screwed up monumentally. Just as we should be rubbing them in it they, again, are laughing at us.

I am no historian, but I guess in the 138 year struggle for Edinburgh supremacy one would need to go back to the 1930's to find such a gap between their support and ours. I still think all guns blazing we are at least as well supported as them, but 25 years underperformance is taking its toll. We need pretty urgently to get our act together.

This is the concerning bit. If we don't pick up as a club soon, we will be the laughing stock of Edinburgh, and those Baloons will end up being the 'Big' club they always think they are. I agree that support wise, they could at best argue 10-20% more than us over the last 60 years.

If they sustain twice our crowds for very long, we won't be in a position to compete. Tynecastle is their main problem, but Ive no faith that they won't squirm something in their favour in that regard.

In short, Hibs get your act together!!! :brickwall

emerald green
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM

This post more or less sums it up for me, and of course I would love to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup at long last, and get that monkey of the club's and supporters backs.

Yaks recent Scottish Cup successes will in my mind be forever tainted with the smell of cheating, no matter how much they and their pals in the media try to sweep it all under the carpet.

I would rather eat s*** than be a Yam. An odious arrogant club which attracts similar people as its supporters.

Hibs until I die.