PDA

View Full Version : Train from Glasgow airport to Edinburgh

HibbyAndy
31-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Im back my holidays next Monday and arrive at Glasgow airport so whats the best way to get hame to Edinburgh? Taxi from airport to train station id imagine then train home? Also what train station if i get a taxi am i looking for? Queen street?... Also how far is Glasgow airport to the station how much roughly in a taxi?.

Cheers :greengrin

Zondervan
31-08-2014, 03:26 PM
You get the 915 or the 500 bus from the Airport to Glasgow city centre.

Then you either change to the 900 bus to Edinburgh, or you walk round to Queen Street and get the train.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Im back my holidays next Monday and arrive at Glasgow airport so whats the best way to get hame to Edinburgh? Taxi from airport to train station id imagine then train home? Also what train station if i get a taxi am i looking for? Queen street?... Also how far is Glasgow airport to the station how much roughly in a taxi?.

Cheers :greengrin

Airport to Queen Street is about £30 in a taxi.

Get the bus.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2014, 05:16 PM

Get the bus.

:aok:

Is their an actual bus at the Airport to get on or do i need to exit the airport and find a bus stop ?

Killiehibbie
31-08-2014, 05:28 PM
:aok:

Is their an actual bus at the Airport to get on or do i need to exit the airport and find a bus stop ?
Stance 1 just outside terminal. 24 hours a day.

DH1875
31-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Get the bus.

A private cab will only be about half that. Bus is defo the way to go though. There isn't a train station at the airport. Nearest is in paisley I think.

snooky
01-09-2014, 06:36 PM
A friend of mine did this journey last week i.e. Glasgow airport to Edinburgh
She says she got the 900(?) bus from the airport to Buchanan Street and the 500 to Edinburgh.
Ask for a "combo ticket" as the fare is £12.50 (note: singly, airport to Glasgow = £6, and Glasgow to Edinburgh approx. £10 therefore total = £16)
Hope this is of some help.