PDA

View Full Version : So what is everyone looking forward to this season, then?

AgentDaleCooper
31-08-2014, 01:20 PM
...anything? :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2014, 01:21 PM
The play off matches v Hearts in May will be tasty.

AgentDaleCooper
31-08-2014, 01:24 PM

i can only assume you mean morton.

Steve20
31-08-2014, 01:28 PM
The end of it.

Waxy
31-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Another season of "we might be rotten but we wont go down"

Sir David Gray
31-08-2014, 01:29 PM

I like a bit of good humour.

Very good!

brianmc
31-08-2014, 01:30 PM
The season ticket renewal launch in March...

AgentDaleCooper
31-08-2014, 01:35 PM
sorry for the negativity here - i've given the board the benefit of the doubt up to this point r.e. the campaign to get back up...but to me, it's pretty clear that they have failed miserably already. The window is closing tonight, and there is nothing to suggest that wholesale change has been affected, that our squad is threadbare when injuries hit us, and that our mentality is still somehow rotten at its core - we can't beat a semi-pro team FFS. I have a lot of time for the likes of stevenson, forster, handling, hanlon and so on, but i really think that we need shot of EVERYONE who can even tell their team mates what it was like during this run...but the fact is, we're not only stuck with them, but also with craig, heffernan, robertson and so on. We're fked. I really can't see any way up this season - but somewhat alarmingly, going down further would not be a particularly great surprise.

Diclonius
31-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Top six?

Beefster
31-08-2014, 01:37 PM
More curry pies.

Scottie
31-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Relegation play off decider :embarrass

TheHarpy76
31-08-2014, 01:40 PM
We'll still get top 4.

btw, 1st post so be gentle :)

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Wiping the floor with the lesser teams like alloa ....erm wait a minute

SteveHFC
31-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Still the same prices

Del Boy
31-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Christmas is always fun

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 01:55 PM
The harvest from my Plum tree in Autumn is looking good

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 01:56 PM
A better cheeseburger.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2014, 01:57 PM
I have nothing to look forward to.

My life is in ruins.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Reality.

southsider
31-08-2014, 02:04 PM
A good percentage of the mugs that got us relegated are still in the team. A new manager will not turn them into Messi. FFS... Alloa. Kano we need these non-entities out of our club.

GreenLake
31-08-2014, 02:08 PM
The signing of players by 11PM GMT Monday.
The signing of players in the January transfer window.
Stubbs imprinting his style and winning mentality into this team.
An stealthy rising up the table.
Stanton scoring a derby Hat-trick.
A reasonably clear HibsTV live video stream which is not pausing to buffer every 45 seconds.
Rangers getting docked 25 points.

Pete
31-08-2014, 02:14 PM
The next game.

We'll turn the corner! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 02:26 PM
The next game.

We'll turn the corner! :thumbsup:

Bed wetter. :greengrin

Smartie
31-08-2014, 02:27 PM
In all seriousness....

1. Competing to get into the play-offs.
2. Watching the club progress. We've had to take a few steps back, at some point we will go forward.
3. Watching those who are truly those who are not cutting it for us get found out and culled.
4. Trying to trip up the Yams/Huns and ruin their season.
5. Competing in the 2 cup competitions we are still in.
6. Hopefully getting stronger as the season goes on so we can go into play-offs with confidence. Some big results there (and imagine what a play-off victory over the Huns/Yams might mean) would heal a few of the wounds we have had inflicted on us over the past few years.

It's not competing for the title, which many of us hoped we would do this season and realistically we should have been aiming for. But there's still a helluva lot of football to be played and a very successful season could still be had from here.

It needs a decent bit of business today/tomorrow and then probably again in January - and do we really trust Hibs to deliver what we need? Hmmmm. But anyone who is giving up on this season now can join the bunch of imposters that we've already punted and those who hopefully soon will be punted out the exit door at ER.

AgentDaleCooper
31-08-2014, 02:44 PM
In all seriousness....

1. Competing to get into the play-offs.
2. Watching the club progress. We've had to take a few steps back, at some point we will go forward.
3. Watching those who are truly those who are not cutting it for us get found out and culled.
4. Trying to trip up the Yams/Huns and ruin their season.
5. Competing in the 2 cup competitions we are still in.
6. Hopefully getting stronger as the season goes on so we can go into play-offs with confidence. Some big results there (and imagine what a play-off victory over the Huns/Yams might mean) would heal a few of the wounds we have had inflicted on us over the past few years.

It's not competing for the title, which many of us hoped we would do this season and realistically we should have been aiming for. But there's still a helluva lot of football to be played and a very successful season could still be had from here.

It needs a decent bit of business today/tomorrow and then probably again in January - and do we really trust Hibs to deliver what we need? Hmmmm. But anyone who is giving up on this season now can join the bunch of imposters that we've already punted and those who hopefully soon will be punted out the exit door at ER.

what i fear is that although the club has publicly been stating aims of promotion in our first season, they've been half hearted in their attempts to build a squad capable of this, with the thought 'it's probably not going to happen though' at the back of their minds, resulting in an ill-equipped squad aiming at a goal it was not built to achieve, but with those expectations on their shoulders.

we've failed to shed the man at the top. we've failed to shed a fair amount of dross from last season. we've failed to shed the pressure from expectations that our squad is unable to achieve. we've failed to bring in an experienced manager with knowledge of how to handle such a powder-keg of a situation...and on top of this, our only proven goal-scorer looks like he's out for the season.

i'm not wetting the bed, i'm just saying that emotional investment in this club is becoming poorer and poorer value by the week - never mind actually paying to see them play.

HoboHarry
31-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Sha****g Diane Lane....

Spike Mandela
31-08-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm looking forward to the weekends where my shifts don't allow me to get to the game.:cb

Oh, and Strictly starts next week.

Keith_M
31-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Best case scenario: The fight to qualify for the Play-offs at the end of the season.

Worst case scenario: The fight to avoid the other Play-offs at the end of the season.

West hamBERNIAN
31-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Tomorrow for a start and depending how it goes the January transfer window.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 03:23 PM

You surely can't be serious! Our record against them is embarrassing. The idea of losing to them in the play offs(all but guaranteed) and being consigned to another season in the 2nd tier is unthinkable.

Deansy
31-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Nothing whatsoever to look forward to as, in all seriousness, I think there's a very good chance we can get relegated again. Everything at ER is rotten and until there's a change of ownership, nothing will change. Over the decline we've had different players, different managers but still the plummet continues so the rot lies elsewhere - the 'board' run by a book-balancing fanatic !

Ronniekirk
31-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Think I will take up Hillwalking unless something spectacular happens in the Transfer window that makes me think we can start winning games again .

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2014, 03:53 PM
You surely can't be serious! Our record against them is embarrassing. The idea of losing to them in the play offs(all but guaranteed) and being consigned to another season in the 2nd tier is unthinkable.

That's where it'll all end up. I know we've lost a couple of games but we'll still be top 4 and they won't win the league.

So it's all down to May and by then their bubble will have burst and we're due a win.

rcarter1
31-08-2014, 03:57 PM
That's where it'll all end up. I know we've lost a couple of games but we'll still be top 4 and they won't win the league.

So it's all down to May and by then their bubble will have burst and we're due a win.

Not sure why you think Hearts can't win the League? Rangers are on the brink of finical collapse again!

greenlex
31-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Looking forward to a season of football rather than blootering it into the corners and chasing it.

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Not sure why you think Hearts can't win the League? Rangers are on the brink of finical collapse again!

Didn't say they can't just that they won't...

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Stubbs getting the bullet and the next transitional period.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm still looking forward to the away trips.

The team might be beyond awful but away days tend to bring out the best humour amongst the fans and it's an excuse for a few beers and a day out.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Having my Saturdays back and feeling less drained.

SkintHibby
31-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Hoping Hibs stop Hearts gaining automatic promotion in the last Edinburgh derby.

I won't hold my breath though.

gringojoe
31-08-2014, 05:47 PM
The end of the season.

H18Y GW
31-08-2014, 06:13 PM
I seriously didnt expect us to challenge big or wee Huns so im not dismayed that we wont win the league,2nd 3rd or 4th all brings the same and i would think if we can slowly build and improve to get a head of steam its passable..

We can moan all we like that wont change anything,lets get a bit **** you about us and get behind the club and forget the STF and PETRIE *****

Stranraer
31-08-2014, 06:15 PM
The end of it...:greengrin but on a serious note, an away day in Dumfries, it's like a home game for me.

.Sean.
31-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Panic signing rank-rotten journeyman at about ten to eleven.

Heisenberg
31-08-2014, 06:23 PM
The Leigh Griffiths transfer rumours in January.

emerald green
31-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Not having to read any more s**** from troll Yankyhibby. :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm still looking forward to the away trips.

The team might be beyond awful but away days tend to bring out the best humour amongst the fans and it's an excuse for a few beers and a day out.

you looked rough before the match Saturday thats for sure :greengrin

Forza Fred
31-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Someone in authority at our club talking about our achievements, instead of their grandiose visions that come back to earth with a thud on the plastic pitches of life.

Oh, and our NE X T back room signing, surely it's about time we added another one.

bob12345
31-08-2014, 09:50 PM
I personally am looking forward to the 'feast of goals' three course meal in the Easter Road centre circle, with Terry Butcher. When's that happening again?

Jones28
31-08-2014, 09:55 PM
All these wonderful new stadiums.

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 10:10 PM
you looked rough before the match Saturday thats for sure :greengrin

Payday Friday pints have a lot to answer for.

Diclonius
31-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I personally am looking forward to the 'feast of goals' three course meal in the Easter Road centre circle, with Terry Butcher. When's that happening again?

Was that actually ever a thing?

NOLA
01-09-2014, 12:03 AM
im looking forward to next summers transfer window :greengrin

Septimus
01-09-2014, 06:31 AM

The restructuring of the league setup. Seems to be our only hope.