PDA

View Full Version : In 1998

Phil D. Rolls
31-08-2014, 09:56 AM
How far behind were we at this point?

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 10:03 AM
It's irrelevant. Different league and a different world financially.

Just say Hearts lose 10 games this season and Rangers do likewise, in simple terms we can only afford to lose another 6 if we are to win the league. We have to visit Tynecastle once and Ibrox twice in that time and away games at Kircaldy, Dumfries and Falkirk will be no walk in the park either. I don't see Hearts or Rangers losing as many as 10 ganes either, looking at both their benches yesterday they actually seem to have something resembling strength in depth.

I know it's not the done thing but I will say it: we have absolutely no chance of winning the league.

The_Exile
31-08-2014, 10:04 AM
IIRC we took 8 out of the first 18 points and were bang mid table, although we did have the likes of Latapy and Paatelainen so don't think we were as hysterical as we are now.

Phil D. Rolls
31-08-2014, 10:27 AM

Just say Hearts lose 10 games this season and Rangers do likewise, in simple terms we can only afford to lose another 6 if we are to win the league. We have to visit Tynecastle once and Ibrox twice in that time and away games at Kircaldy, Dumfries and Falkirk will be no walk in the park either. I don't see Hearts or Rangers losing as many as 10 ganes either, looking at both their benches yesterday they actually seem to have something resembling strength in depth.

I know it's not the done thing but I will say it: we have absolutely no chance of winning the league.

Tend to agree PB, just a wee bit of wishful thinking on my part. This team is not set up for promotion.

Phil D. Rolls
31-08-2014, 10:29 AM
IIRC we took 8 out of the first 18 points and were bang mid table, although we did have the likes of Latapy and Paatelainen so don't think we were as hysterical as we are now.

Latapy didn't come in until the second quarter. Get your point though, we can't - or won't - buy ourselves out of this.

Barrabus
31-08-2014, 10:55 AM

Hate to say but I think you're spot-on.