PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Dylan Mcgeouch

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2014, 08:19 AM
@Kenny_Millar: Hibs are set to sign Dylan McGeouch on loan but the push for Leigh Griffiths will go down to the wire. See today's @scotsunsport for more.

BT58
31-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Is this the guy who tweeted to say that he was on his way to join Hibs about 2-3 weeks ago ????

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Is this the guy who tweeted to say that he was on his way to join Hibs about 2-3 weeks ago ????

Not sure mate. Celtic fans don't rate him TOO highly, but we know how picky they are :wink:

He did score this - http://youtu.be/fOJXrSqKMr8

Michael
31-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Not sure mate. Celtic fans don't rate him TOO highly, but we know how picky they are :wink:

According to wikipedia he also scored a scorpion kick...in training!

Danderhall Hibs
31-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Never heard of him.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Not really what we need IMO. Give the boy a chance but there is definitely more important positions to fill.

JimBHibees
31-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Would be a decent signing good skill and attacking player.

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 09:02 AM
so we could have 3 Celtic loanees ......

Training / Feeder club for them :rolleyes: don't fancy that much as a solution to our mess

Callum_62
31-08-2014, 09:05 AM

Training / Feeder club for them :rolleyes: don't fancy that much as a solution to our mess

Couldnt give a monekys - if they player is better than what we have - get them in

we are hibs
31-08-2014, 09:07 AM

3?

JimBHibees
31-08-2014, 09:08 AM

Three ? Griff and Mcgeough who else?

Heisenberg
31-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Can't be any worse than what we've currently got.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-08-2014, 09:13 AM

Would rather think about the value and quality of the individual players, rather than thinking that the clubs that they come from really means anything. Towell and McGivern for starters. Soares and that boy from Wolves for afters. All came from decent clubs, but didn't make the decent players.

DH1875
31-08-2014, 10:49 AM
He's p@sh. I feel I can say this because I know him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2014, 11:53 AM
It's done from what I've heard.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Just another name to me. If he comes, will he bring grit, self belief, desire, ability and quality, and will he buy into the vague dream of promotion this season?

Gmack7
31-08-2014, 04:14 PM
did he leave celtic for rangers then go back to celtic a couple of years back? or am i slavering

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2014, 04:21 PM

:faf:

wick hibby
31-08-2014, 04:22 PM
did he leave celtic for rangers then go back to celtic a couple of years back? or am i slavering

Correct :agree:

southsider
31-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Stokes ? Now that is but a dream.

bingo70
31-08-2014, 04:31 PM

You sound cynical

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2014, 04:47 PM
You sound cynical

"I'm hearing" always makes me laugh. :greengrin

greenginger
31-08-2014, 05:12 PM

We are only allowed one over 21 loan player at a time unless the player is subject to an International Transfer Certificate. SPFL Rule 78.

JimBHibees
31-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Just another name to me. If he comes, will he bring grit, self belief, desire, ability and quality, and will he buy into the vague dream of promotion this season?

Why is it a vague dream. IMO even at worst we will be 4th so 3 or 4 good games in 8 months or so and we cud still go up. Wouldn't it be great if it was Hearts we beat also?

ancient hibee
31-08-2014, 05:16 PM

Would fit into the David Low takeover plan.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Why is it a vague dream. IMO even at worst we will be 4th so 3 or 4 good games in 8 months or so and we cud still go up. Wouldn't it be great if it was Hearts we beat also?

Point taken. Yes, it would be incredible beating the Jambos in a play off, but I have a feeling that any play off might just involve ourselves and The Rangers.

JimBHibees
31-08-2014, 05:17 PM
We are only allowed one over 21 loan player at a time unless the player is subject to an International Transfer Certificate. SPFL Rule 78.

Is that right? Didn't realise that. By international transfer certificate is that from a foreign team or just from another country?

greenginger
31-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Is that right? Didn't realise that. By international transfer certificate is that from a foreign team or just from another country?

Yep, they could be Scottish and come from England and there would be no restriction on numbers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2014, 06:23 PM
"I'm hearing" always makes me laugh. :greengrin

But I never said "I'm hearing". I said "from what I've heard". There's a difference. Also if anyone is interested, I have came across this: http://videocelts.com/2014/08/blogs/loan-celts/midfielder-on-the-move-to-hibs

thebausburst
31-08-2014, 06:54 PM
What a signing this would be, quality not quantity right enough, are seasons still available...wheres ma check book....................:rolleyes:

SMAXXA
31-08-2014, 06:57 PM
What a signing this would be, quality not quantity right enough, are seasons still available...wheres ma check book....................:rolleyes:

He's a really good player and if hearts had signed him folk on here would be seething why we wernt interested blah blah blah. What quality do folk actually think we can sign? Ffs I'm getting right pissed off with this site with some of the stupid comments. Almost as much as I'm pissed of with the start we have had.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2014, 06:58 PM
He's a really good player and if hearts had signed him folk on here would be seething why we wernt interested blah blah blah. What quality do folk actually think we can sign? Ffs I'm getting right pissed off with this site with some of the stupid comments. Almost as much as I'm pissed of with the start we have had.

I agree, is a a good player

bingo70
31-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Think we need to be careful and no be too harsh on the guy before he's even kicked a ball for us.

I agree it's not the sort of signing that'll get us rushing to buy tickets but there's probably a fair chance he'll be better than we've currently got.

bingo70
31-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Any idea why he never got a game at Coventry?

Genuine question by the way, that's the thing that's got the alarm bells ringing for me. I've never seen the guy play though.

thebausburst
31-08-2014, 07:03 PM

I don't know about you but proven quality for me is someone who's got a track record at a decent level not untested laddies who've had the odd game for the first team. We have plenty of our own kids don't see how adding more is going to improve us, its clearly experience we need.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Any idea why he never got a game at Coventry?

Genuine question by the way, that's the thing that's got the alarm bells ringing for me. I've never seen the guy play though.

8 appearances according to wiki.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2014, 07:12 PM
certainly sounds a confident young laddie, like most do

DR interview from june

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/dylan-mcgeouch-desperate-grab-second-3841745

SMAXXA
31-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I don't know about you but proven quality for me is someone who's got a track record at a decent level not untested laddies who've had the odd game for the first team. We have plenty of our own kids don't see how adding more is going to improve us, its clearly experience we need.

Whos this proven quality that's going to come play for hibs in the championship? Some folk need a reality check IMO.

J-C
31-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Against Falkirk the best player on the park by a country mile was young Kennedy, the worst was Heffernan, tell me who was inexperienced laddie and who was the tried and tested proven quality. :confused:

tamig
31-08-2014, 08:09 PM

You tend to use that phrase quite a lot. From who or where do you hear all your stuff? You weren't shy at having a dig at some other guys on the Griffiths thread.

davhibby
31-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Remember he was tipped for big things when he first broke through but haven't heard much of him since. Maybe a bit of an attitude problem? Got ability though

DC_Hibs
31-08-2014, 08:24 PM
You tend to use that phrase quite a lot. From who or where do you hear all your stuff? You weren't shy at having a dig at some other guys on the Griffiths thread.

Bit harsh, give him a break pal. When other Hibs fans are swanning off to support the team, BLT is on the internet scouring for news of potential signings for us all.

Keep up the good work Dug.

J-C
31-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Bit harsh, give him a break pal. When other Hibs fans are swanning off to support the team, BLT is on the internet scouring for news of potential signings for us all.

SMAXXA
31-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Remember he was tipped for big things when he first broke through but haven't heard much of him since. Maybe a bit of an attitude problem? Got ability though

i read this quite a lot and get annoyed that there's always an assumption that there may be an attitude problem. Nothing to do with the fact he's a young boy playimg at a club with million pound players playing in his position and he can't break through hence the loan. Him being good enough to play ahead of brown, commons etc is very different to playing ahead of Craig or Robertson.

bingo70
31-08-2014, 08:37 PM
i read this quite a lot and get annoyed that there's always an assumption that there may be an attitude problem. Nothing to do with the fact he's a young boy playimg at a club with million pound players playing in his position and he can't break through hence the loan. Him being good enough to play ahead of brown, commons etc is very different to playing ahead of Craig or Robertson.

Is he an attacking centre midfielder? Thought he was a winger.

SMAXXA
31-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Is he an attacking centre midfielder? Thought he was a winger.

He can play both mate

CapitalGreen
31-08-2014, 08:49 PM

Exactly! Plenty players excelling at clubs across the country who couldn't make the Celtic first XI and would walk into our squad. Just off the top of my head:

Flood
McGinn
McGowan
Robson
Irvine

Plus David Marshall down at Cardiff

Also, Ross McCormack left Rangers for Motherwell because he found himself in a similar situation to Dylan is now.

cocopops1875
31-08-2014, 09:00 PM
But I never said "I'm hearing". I said "from what I've heard". There's a difference. Also if anyone is interested, I have came across this: http://videocelts.com/2014/08/blogs/loan-celts/midfielder-on-the-move-to-hibs

Hope you mopped up after

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2014, 09:41 PM

:aok:

ekhibee
01-09-2014, 12:04 AM
I've seen him playing a few times, a couple of times against us when he came on as a sub, and sorry I totally disagree with you, I don't think he's 'a really good player' at all, but that's just about opinions I suppose. He'd probably be alright in the championship I suppose.

Nutmegged
01-09-2014, 07:15 AM
He isn't a really good player, he might turn out to be but at the moment he isn't, if he was he'd most definitely have been given an opportunity with Celtic given the way they've downsized considerably.

WestStandMoaner
01-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Whos this proven quality that's going to come play for hibs in the championship? Some folk need a reality check IMO.

I think you should post this to Stubbs and Dempster, after all it was those two who set the bar by saying quality over quantity

CapitalGreen
01-09-2014, 08:11 AM
I've seen him playing a few times, a couple of times against us when he came on as a sub, and sorry I totally disagree with you, I don't think he's 'a really good player' at all, but that's just about opinions I suppose. He'd probably be alright in the championship I suppose.

He has only played against us once, for 3 minutes, 2 years ago.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 08:11 AM

:faf: Maybe if you'd said from what i've read, i'd not have said what i did.

JimBHibees
01-09-2014, 08:41 AM
He has only played against us once, for 3 minutes, 2 years ago.

Aye but how bad was he in those 3 minutes. :greengrin

Maybe he has played against Hearts a wee bit more. :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2014, 08:58 AM
:faf: Maybe if you'd said from what i've read, i'd not have said what i did.

Nae bother then :confused:

Mikeystewart
01-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Hopefully not the next Danny Galbraith

Bleeds green
01-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Why so much negativity?

I know doesn't make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomson
01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland) 54s (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/506408622503784448)
Hibs sign Dylan McGeouch on loan, good move for all concerned, boy needs games, Hibs have a creative spark, Celtic need to trim their squad

Bleeds green
01-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Welcome to hibs dylan let's hope to get the season off and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststandwanab
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
May I add my welcome ?

Mr White
01-09-2014, 12:34 PM
May I add my welcome ?

Save it till there are a few of them and catch them all in a oner :greengrin

Leith Mo
01-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Dylan! I've never heard of you nor seen you play but obviously Stubbs has seen something he likes so let's hope it wears off on the rest of us (those that will still be there week after next that is - sadly I won't be).

However, my thoughts on this are clear: if you are good enough to play for Hibs then our Club in its current dire situation need to man up, stop being soft and parsimonious, and make a cash offer to land you permanently as a player. In view of how the negotiations to land your team-mate Leigh Griffiths were conducted by Celtic, your parent Club, Hibernian could have sent out a clear message: "No Thanks, we have no wish to assist in the "development" of your extreme fringe players and would rather try to build the future of our Club and indeed save it."

I'm sorry, it is genuinely nothing personal against you, you haven't even kicked a ball for us yet and as I said I don't know you from Adam either as an individual or as a professional footballer, but this will not bring myself or many others running back to watch the team we love. I wish you all the best in your time with us, but my strongest desire is that Hibernian restores some pride and fight and stops being soft. For me that will only come with the departure of our current Chairman.

TheFamous1875
01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Maybe they're waiting to announce it until they've got a hold of Sparky and can present them as a Celtic 'dynamic duo'.

Lago
01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Doesn't look too happy to be here.

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Dylan! I've never heard of you nor seen you play but obviously Stubbs has seen something he likes so let's hope it wears off on the rest of us (those that will still be there week after next that is - sadly I won't be).

However, my thoughts on this are clear: if you are good enough to play for Hibs then our Club in its current dire situation need to man up, stop being soft and parsimonious, and make a cash offer to land you permanently as a player. In view of how the negotiations to land your team-mate Leigh Griffiths were conducted by Celtic, your parent Club, Hibernian could have sent out a clear message: "No Thanks, we have no wish to assist in the "development" of your extreme fringe players and would rather try to build the future of our Club and indeed save it."

I'm sorry, it is genuinely nothing personal against you, you haven't even kicked a ball for us yet and as I said I don't know you from Adam either as an individual or as a professional footballer, but this will not bring myself or many others running back to watch the team we love. I wish you all the best in your time with us, but my strongest desire is that Hibernian restores some pride and fight and stops being soft. For me that will only come with the departure of our current Chairman.

Agree. When are Hibs or should i say Petrie ever going to learn! A f***** fringe player that can't get a game in a crap Celtic squad. Apart from Griffiths has a loanee made an impact at ER?

scoopyboy
01-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Agree. When are Hibs or should i say Petrie ever going to learn! A f***** fringe player that can't get a game in a crap Celtic squad. Apart from Griffiths has a loanee made an impact at ER?

Claros?

Hibbyradge
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM

Kennedy.

Michael

McPake

CapitalGreen
Rocastle

sleeping giant
01-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Brebner

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Claros?

Forgot about him.:aok:

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Kennedy.

Looks good but still to early to say a success.

happiehibbie
01-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Dylan is a player spoke to him a few times he is a proper Gajey ! but can certinley play

I have been told that he is better than any plaer we have on our books

Sorce A well respect current player from the tic !

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:55 PM
McPake

He then turned into a bombscare when he got a contract.

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Rocastle

Agreed

connerg
01-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Brebner

........and another one i forgot. Shame on me.

The_Horde
01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
We've probably had a higher percentage of successful loans than we have permanent signings recently!

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Dylan is a player spoke to him a few times he is a proper Gajey ! but can certinley play

I have been told that he is better than any plaer we have on our books

Sorce A well respect current player from the tic !

You're a better player than we currently have on our books.:cb

Leith Mo
01-09-2014, 02:11 PM
What I meant by saying that we should have attempted to buy Dylan outright is not the same as saying that there is not a place for loan signings in our current situation. I think it is more about the constant lack of ambition from Hibs, but most of all the lack of guts to stand up and say to other Clubs: "Nah, sorry you messed us about and we're not going to help you out."

I remember thinking when he was selling off the best youth that has come through at Hibs in many years (and which has certainly not been reproduced since) that Petrie had played hardball in negotiations to get what he thought was the maximum deal possible (eg Thompson and Brown being sold separately and not as one discount lot to the old Rangers). Then I remembered, that same man had a 10% stake in our Club gifted to him by the current owner so he had a direct financial incentive in selling our players and perhaps did so for other motives rather than being able to balance Hibs books? It's just galling that he can't adopt the same hardball negotiating style when it comes to trying to build a team (I fully believe he is the one conducting negotiations or why else is Leeann Dempster giving up three or four hours of one of the most important days in our Club's recent history?).

We are soft from top to bottom. I remember my dad used to tell me "Let them know you're in a game" when playing football and show some fight, guts and determination. That is what Hibs players used to have, without ever being hammer throwers. I hope that is what we can bring to the Club now. Dylan, if that is what you've got, welcome. Show some fight and show us all you're worthy of a permanent deal. I'm just not convinced the will is there from what I've seen so far.

emerald green
01-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Welcome to Hibs Dylan. Go out and show them all what you can do.

overdrive
01-09-2014, 04:14 PM
What I meant by saying that we should have attempted to buy Dylan outright is not the same as saying that there is not a place for loan signings in our current situation. I think it is more about the constant lack of ambition from Hibs, but most of all the lack of guts to stand up and say to other Clubs: "Nah, sorry you messed us about and we're not going to help you out."

I remember thinking when he was selling off the best youth that has come through at Hibs in many years (and which has certainly not been reproduced since) that Petrie had played hardball in negotiations to get what he thought was the maximum deal possible (eg Thompson and Brown being sold separately and not as one discount lot to the old Rangers). Then I remembered, that same man had a 10% stake in our Club gifted to him by the current owner so he had a direct financial incentive in selling our players and perhaps did so for other motives rather than being able to balance Hibs books? It's just galling that he can't adopt the same hardball negotiating style when it comes to trying to build a team (I fully believe he is the one conducting negotiations or why else is Leeann Dempster giving up three or four hours of one of the most important days in our Club's recent history?).

We are soft from top to bottom. I remember my dad used to tell me "Let them know you're in a game" when playing football and show some fight, guts and determination. That is what Hibs players used to have, without ever being hammer throwers. I hope that is what we can bring to the Club now. Dylan, if that is what you've got, welcome. Show some fight and show us all you're worthy of a permanent deal. I'm just not convinced the will is there from what I've seen so far.

Sorry, I don't like Petrie as much as the next person and I want him out of the Club ASAP but how exactly was he gaining financially out of selling players via his 10%? Getting a dividend? As far as I'm aware the holding company (of which the 10% relates) hasn't paid a dividend (the Club hasn't either I don't think). I would doubt he was gaining financially out of those transfers, unless he was getting a cut from them as some sort of commission which I highly doubt. The only way I can see him gaining financially would be indirectly through the value of the Club and thus his shares increasing as a result of those transfers. There doesn't seem to be any interest in those shares until recently and they are only worth as much as somebody is prepared to pay. Additionally, Petrie's shares on their own are pretty useless - 10% won't gain you much influence/power.

He's destroyed our Club through mismanagement, neglecting the playing side of the 'business' and a series of poor decisions on the team manager front but I don't think he has been deliberately neglecting his fiduciary duty to the company/club as a director in order to line his own pockets (although there is an argument he is damaging the Club by sticking around purely to further his career within the SFA).

Anyway, back on topic... I hope this lad does well but given our past deadline day dealings and the fact he hasn't done much in his career so far, I'm not holding out too much hope. I'm not a fan of loanees. They can work if the player has a strong interest in the outcome of the loan period, e.g. Griffiths and Brebner being a big Hibs fan, Claros being desperate for a move to European football, etc. Otherwise you run the risk of the loanees not really caring about the Club which is kind of the position we found ourselves a couple of years ago.

SMAXXA
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM
If you think of the style of play Stubbs wants to play Dylan is a perfect fit more so than Craig or Robertson. Quick flowing passing football, reminds me of McGinn but my celtic mate recons he's better than Niall McGinn.

thebausburst
01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
If you think of the style of play Stubbs wants to play Dylan is a perfect fit more so than Craig or Robertson. Quick flowing passing football, reminds me of McGinn but my celtic mate recons he's better than Niall McGinn.

Begs the question if he' really that good, how come he can't get in the team, especially when they're (by their standards) so poor?

Nutmegged
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM

He is absolutely nothing like Niall McGinn mate, in no way shape or form, the only thing both have in common is that they both played for Celtic

hibees 7062
01-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Doesn't look too happy to be here.

He turned us down before so not surprised

erin go bragh
01-09-2014, 05:26 PM

One of my lesser green mates has been raving about him . Opinions eh lol
Only negative is he will be cup tied when we play Celtic in the Scottish cup final : )

Ggtth

hibees 7062
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM

Much better :agree:

edinburghhibee
02-09-2014, 03:49 AM
My mates telling me that he'll be a good signing for us quick tricky and better than what we have got at present. He also said he will lift the dressing room as well as he's quite a funny lad and always playing pranks on the guys at Celtic.

J-C
02-09-2014, 08:06 AM
He turned us down before so not surprised

Maybe the fact that Stubbs is getting us playing the ball on the deck will be the reason he's decided to come, if and it's a big IF that it all starts to click together, Dylan might make the move permanent and we'll get him on a free next year. A midfield 3 of Dylan, Allan and Pattison ( if he signs ) doesn't sound all that bad, it's the forwards we're gonna worry about.