PDA

View Full Version : Spend Spend Spend

pacorosssco
31-08-2014, 01:16 AM
Credit card at the ready , lets go shopping. When the bill comes pay a little, up the limit ,repeat. Whats the worst thing that can happen?. You keep the ground + training facility .Everything once used either return to sender or discard. All else fails... Share issue

Leith Mo
31-08-2014, 01:53 AM
At least we pay our debts. Those f***s have made a few quid by milking the WW 1 centenary yet again. As ever when you meet one or more of them and they have the gall to wear their new shirt this season remind them all of a simple and truthful fact: They did not pay for the poppies! Truth hurts it's said and despite their years of being economical with it the truth is one that will not go away. THEY DIDN'T PAY FOR THE POPPIES! Stop being soft and give them it tight they hate it.

Pete
31-08-2014, 03:22 AM
At least we pay our debts. Those f***s have made a few quid by milking the WW 1 centenary yet again. As ever when you meet one or more of them and they have the gall to wear their new shirt this season remind them all of a simple and truthful fact: They did not pay for the poppies! Truth hurts it's said and despite their years of being economical with it the truth is one that will not go away. THEY DIDN'T PAY FOR THE POPPIES! Stop being soft and give them it tight they hate it.

:aok:

Never let them forget.

Cheats.

Rodsterino
31-08-2014, 05:12 AM
The Rangers Mk II will soon be The Rangers MkIII, it SHOULD be between us and the cheats across the city for the championship title, NOT going to happen unless we get the financial finger oot. Gie Stubbs the tools Petrie!

lucky
31-08-2014, 06:02 AM

I don't give a toss what they paid they are still going strong and look a better team than us again this year

hibbydog
31-08-2014, 06:16 AM
I don't give a toss what they paid they are still going strong and look a better team than us again this year

Agreed,

As a fan, the bottom line is success on the pitch. Everything else is a side issue. Do you really think hearts fans care when we tell them that we have a morally upstanding club who pay their debts, live within our means and we don't have pink floodlights, but they're looking good for promotion whilst we look more likely to get relegated again?

Do they hell.

I'm quite bitter about this. Compare years of financial prudence and
***** football with years of buying success with money they didn't have. The result is we're still worse off football wise.

It beggars belief

Jim44
31-08-2014, 07:08 AM
I've been saying it for years............. we are financially restraining ourselves out of existence. Don't bother jumping down my throat with the old chestnuts about balancing books, living within means etc. We've tried that for years, it's nonsense and it doesn't work. If we're going to the dogs and we're almost there, let's do it with a bit of debt in the effort.

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2014, 07:40 AM
I've been saying it for years............. we are financially restraining ourselves out of existence. Don't bother jumping down my throat with the old chestnuts about balancing books, living within means etc. We've tried that for years, it's nonsense and it doesn't work. If we're going to the dogs and we're almost there, let's do it with a bit of debt in the effort.

Your right to a point Jim but our budget is still far higher than the two teams at the top of the Premier and still multiple times more than Alloa. Don't ask me what the answer is, I just don't know. Maybe a quicker sacking of Butcher and pushing the boat out for a more experienced manager would have been a better option though we have gone down that line as well with no success. Whatever it is we are in a perilous situation.

Ronniekirk
31-08-2014, 08:32 AM
We now can't afford to gamble on players Whoever comes in needs to be experienced and proven and fit and not injury prone it's as simple as that Leeann has made the changes to backroom staff and we are now stuck with that set up whether it works or not given financial situation we are in .
But yet again we we were promised a wholesale clear out and a new team and that hasn't happened so yet again we take cheap option and patch things up and slowly but surely off load players over the next year ., building a team piece meal and tinkering every transfer window in a and out gives us no consistency ?
You look at Inverness and it's more or less the same squad butcher et al assembled with one of our failed ex managers and you think what the **** is it with us .too many poor judgements and decisions made at wrong time .
Stubbs is now having to learn the hard way under pressure so next season he will be a better manager for it. but who we now bring in will determine if we can get back on track as you sense some of the players from last year just aren't up for the fight and keeping them is starting to backfire

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Agreed,

As a fan, the bottom line is success on the pitch. Everything else is a side issue. Do you really think hearts fans care when we tell them that we have a morally upstanding club who pay their debts, live within our means and we don't have pink floodlights, but they're looking good for promotion whilst we look more likely to get relegated again?

Do they hell.

I'm quite bitter about this. Compare years of financial prudence and
***** football with years of buying success with money they didn't have. The result is we're still worse off football wise.

It beggars belief

I'm not convinced we're bad enough to be relegated again, but I agree with the rest of your post.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-08-2014, 04:04 PM

They dinnae hate it that much really. They just start reeling off Edinburgh Derby results, I hate that.

jacomo
31-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Stubbs is trying to turn us into the professionals we are supposed to be as a club. Part-timers are showing us how far standards fell. He needs better resources to work with.

Eyrie
31-08-2014, 09:20 PM

It bears repeated repeating that over the last few years we have consistently had the fourth or fifth highest wage bill in Scottish football. The problem isn't how much we have or haven't spent, it's that what we have spent has been wasted by bad managers on worse players. The evidence is clear that giving those managers more money to spend would simply have resulted in more money being wasted on poor players.

This is the first season where we should be going into debt because the consequences of staying down are too serious to contemplate.

Jones28
31-08-2014, 10:07 PM

There is no successful club that has no debt.

01-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Hearts are living proof that cheats DO prosper. It's absolutely sickening what that mob have gotten away with over the years - if there was any justice in this world at all them and their big hun brothers would be dead and burried for their thieving and cheating. But instead, they (as per usual!) fell in the **** and came up smelling of roses and here they are, back giving it the big un and the big 2 fingers to everyone else including all the charities, small business etc. they conned. Truly leaves a sour sour taste - they are the jammiest club on the face of the planet, squirrming themsleves out of everything and getting away with murder time and time again.

A twisted, corrupt, vile little club but look what all the cheating has given them - cups, europe, derby wins etc. that they will be lording over us for years and years to come. Its bitterly bitterly unfair, because whilst they have spent years cheating, thieving, conning their way to a bit of cheated glory, we have been playing by the rules but thats how it is and as a result we have had very little to enjoy.

Franck Stanton
01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Nothing will change until we get shot of Petrie and STF. Get owners in that ARE "Football People"and care about the Club.

HoboHarry
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Nothing will change until we get shot of Petrie and STF. Get owners in that ARE "Football People"and care about the Club.
Then what? Spend money we don't have? Or are these new owners going to have magical amounts of cash to spend?

Weststandwanab
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM

Man city and Chelski have no external debt !

Franck Stanton
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Then what? Spend money we don't have? Or are these new owners going to have magical amounts of cash to spend?

Seems to work ok for the Huns and Diet huns. As for "money we don't have " - where pray tell has all the S/T cash gone ? Certainly no' on strengthening the squad. We were promised "Quality over Quantity" - Okay in principle, in practice - nae real sign o' it . Just my opinion of course.

GreenPJ
01-09-2014, 03:39 PM

St Johnstone?

01-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Seems to work ok for the Huns and Diet huns. As for "money we don't have " - where pray tell has all the S/T cash gone ? Certainly no' on strengthening the squad. We were promised "Quality over Quantity" - Okay in principle, in practice - nae real sign o' it . Just my opinion of course.

Thing is though, it works in a cycle. If the club should some ambition, build a decent squad that starts winning, the fans will get excited, morale will be lifted therefore more people will be willing to put their hands in their pockets to buy season tickets/walk up tickets/more merchandise etc. The season ticket sales dropped after last seasons relegation as people were so disillusioned and fed up of the pish they had been subjected to. This was the point where the club HAD to do something to lift the fans and show they were serious about getting the club out this mess. So far tbh they have done very little to the squad that can really fill me with excitement, the squad still looks far too weak and the results so far have proved we haven't really improved at all.

I don't want us to go absolutely crazy and spend absolutely millions we don't have as I would never want to jepordise the safety of they club, unlike hearts, I doubt we would be lucky enough to get ourselves out of it! But just a bit of ambitious and a bit more risk taking.

Franck Stanton
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Thing is though, it works in a cycle. If the club should some ambition, build a decent squad that starts winning, the fans will get excited, morale will be lifted therefore more people will be willing to put their hands in their pockets to buy season tickets/walk up tickets/more merchandise etc. The season ticket sales dropped after last seasons relegation as people were so disillusioned and fed up of the pish they had been subjected to. This was the point where the club HAD to do something to lift the fans and show they were serious about getting the club out this mess. So far tbh they have done very little to the squad that can really fill me with excitement, the squad still looks far too weak and the results so far have proved we haven't really improved at all.

I don't want us to go absolutely crazy and spend absolutely millions we don't have as I would never want to jepordise the safety of they club, unlike hearts, I doubt we would be lucky enough to get ourselves out of it! But just a bit of ambitious and a bit more risk taking.

Agree, I am not, and never have , advocated spending millions we haven't got, however, having said that, don't think a wee punt like offering Celtic £1 mil for Leigh would be too much of an ask/gamble. would certainly be a "crowd pleaser" and add quite a few to the gate.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Agree, I am not, and never have , advocated spending millions we haven't got, however, having said that, don't think a wee punt like offering Celtic £1 mil for Leigh would be too much of an ask/gamble. would certainly be a "crowd pleaser" and add quite a few to the gate.

When did £1m for a second tier Scottish club become a wee punt? I'm all for Hibs forking out some dough but, lets have a bit of perspective here.