PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Oxley - 7. 2 or 3 good saves in the 1st half, good save before 1st goal but wasn't helped out by defence.

Gray - 5. Poor as I've seen from him.

Forster - 7. One of the few to get pass marks. Several good blocks in the 1st half.

Fontaine - 4. Looked very nervy to me and never comfortable on the pitch.

Stevenson - 4. I'm a fan but that was as bad as I can remeber him playing for Hibs. Offered zero going forward and beaten a few times at the back.

Stanton - 3. Offered little.

Craig - 3. One 10 minute spell then hiding. A disgrace he has been afforded the same honour as the likes of Pat Stanton and Franck Sauzee.

Allan - 5. Tried to make things happen. Got frustrated at the lack of movement and seemed to give up half way through the 2nd half.

Kennedy - 4.5. Set up the goal but not a lot else came off for him. Not helped by Lewis.

Cummings - 5. Pretty anonymous apart from the niggly fouls. Extra point for the goal.

El Alagui - 4. Looked lively but injured early.

Subs.

Heffernan - 2. I'll happily drive him to Perth myself.

Harris - 5. Looked lively imo but needs to believe in himself.

Handling - 2. If there's a wrong option to choose, way to turn or pass to make then chances are Danny will find it.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2014, 06:46 PM
All players 0

To be out fought, out played, and beaten by part timers is simply not acceptable

Billy Whizz
Can't disagree with much of this, other think Stanton was much better than a 3, as he kept on trying. Scott Allan on the other hand, was invisible, and never tried a leg in the 2nd half.

Gala Foxes
All players 0

To be out fought, out played, and beaten by part timers is simply not acceptable

Spot on ! Totally agree

Franck Stanton
30-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Makes for disappointing reading.

Hibeewilly
30-08-2014, 06:54 PM
All players 0

Totally agree BF - no words can describe that today. We were never in the ****ing game. A total sin!!!

Up The Bracket
30-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Oxley - 7. 2 or 3 good saves in the 1st half, good save before 1st goal but wasn't helped out by defence.

Gray - 5. Poor as I've seen from him.

Forster - 7. One of the few to get pass marks. Several good blocks in the 1st half.

Fontaine - 4. Looked very nervy to me and never comfortable on the pitch.

Stevenson - 4. I'm a fan but that was as bad as I can remeber him playing for Hibs. Offered zero going forward and beaten a few times at the back.

Stanton - 3. Offered little.

Craig - 3. One 10 minute spell then hiding. A disgrace he has been afforded the same honour as the likes of Pat Stanton and Franck Sauzee.

Allan - 5. Tried to make things happen. Got frustrated at the lack of movement and seemed to give up half way through the 2nd half.

Kennedy - 4.5. Set up the goal but not a lot else came off for him. Not helped by Lewis.

Cummings - 5. Pretty anonymous apart from the niggly fouls. Extra point for the goal.

El Alagui - 4. Looked lively but injured early.

Subs.

Heffernan - 2. I'll happily drive him to Perth myself.

Harris - 5. Looked lively imo but needs to believe in himself.

Handling - 2. If there's a wrong option to choose, way to turn or pass to make then chances are Danny will find it.

Forster gave away the free kick for the second needlessly and gave the ball away like the rest of the team, every bit as bad as the rest

gegs70
30-08-2014, 06:59 PM
I think we weren't at the races today but farid did make a huge difference.....after that nothing didn't even trouble tge keeper!

Handling had a rather heavy touch when he came on, Harris and heffernan did very little to raise the game!

Perhaps there is no depth in the squad we need a few players....any news on farid injury?

SlickShoes
30-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Farid gets pass marks for when he was on, everyone else was honking. Stevenson and Craig were especially bad.

That was a worse performance than last season, we still have an anonymous midfield that can't defend,can't pass and can't create so I'm not sure what exactly they are there for.

Hiber-nation
30-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Forster gave away the free kick for the second needlessly and gave the ball away like the rest of the team, every bit as bad as the rest

No chance, Forster was the only player putting his body on the line today while others seemed scared of going to ground on that pitch, he made several crucial blocks.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 07:09 PM
No chance, Forster was the only player putting his body on the line today while others seemed scared of going to ground on that pitch, he made several crucial blocks.

Yep that was my take.

Wasn't brilliant by any means but looked like he wanted to be there which is more than can be said for most.

wookie70
30-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Players Ratings
Oxley - 6 Great save in first half

Gray - 3 Worse game so far. Never really got the ball in the box and never grasped the game like he did on Tuesday

Forster - 4 Thought he did well in the first half. But clumsily gave away free kick for their winner. Massive gaps down the channels in our team

Fontaine - 3 Never looked at the races to me and Forster and him do not work as a pair.

Stevenson - 3. No help to Kennedy and skinned a good few times. I am generally a Lewis fan but no idea why Booth was dropped after two decent displays

Stanton - 4 Poor but I thought he looked like he was trying more than most.

Craig - 2. Ridiculous booking when he just had to say something to ref as he was walking away from being told off for moaning. Never a Captain and awful again today.

Allan - 3. Pretty anonymous and although he tried a few passes nothing really came off for him

Kennedy - 4. Set up the goal but hardly beat his man all day and let his man drive forward unattended a good few time not helping an already struggling Stevenson

Cummings - 4. Gave ball away and out muscled for most of his time on pitch, point for the goal.

El Alagui - 6. Was playing pretty well before being injured. We looked totally lost without him

Subs.

Heffernan - 2. One chance he hit straight at Keeper. Slow as a week in the jail and for someone that chose Hibs he never tried a leg

Harris - 3. Didn't beat his man but did look to get on the ball and make things happen albeit unsuccessfully

Handling - 2. Terrible first touch and easily brushed off the ball. Very poor, again

Stubbs - I hope he signs a magic wand because we are finishing mid table with this team

Alloa. Great to be on a terrace again. The Police were actually friendly for a change and the locals have a team to be proud of. Lively, driven and full of ideas. Liked the idea of the team coming out for a warm up just before the start of the second half and some of them did more running in that than our players did in the whole game

Hibs fans. Support till the final whistle when we rightly booed the team off. Special thanks to the twat who let a smoke bomb off putting the fear of death into my two kids. After a goal is bad enough but at kick off is just stupid. Mind you half way through the first half a screen of smoke would have been welcome.

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 07:30 PM
All players 0

Not arguing in the slightest Brockie but the team selection was wrong, all Stubbs had to do was start with the 11 that finished the game against Dumbarton.

Apart from being gash Liam Craig should not have started the game as he hadn't trained all week because of a bad back.

If I was Callum Booth I would be knocking down Alan Stubbs' door on Monday morning demanding to know why he was dropped. He linked up really well with Matthew Kennedy in his two games and finds himself dropped for a player who was suspended for an act of petulance.

If I have upset the Lewis fan club then so be it.

Yes he has served us well.

Yes he turns up at training and gives his all.

Yes he is one of the few who will take on duties that other players cannot be arsed doing, eg speaking to the press after a bad result or doing a turn in the club shop to promote new strips or sign calendars.

Yes he gives 100% every time he pulls on the jersey.

However he simply isn't good enough and is at an age now he never will be good enough for our club going forward. Sad but true.

Baldy Foghorn
30-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Not arguing in the slightest Brockie but the team selection was wrong, all Stubbs had to do was start with the 11 that finished the game against Dumbarton.

Apart from being gash Liam Craig should not have started the game as he hadn't trained all week because of a bad back.

If I was Callum Booth I would be knocking down Alan Stubbs' door on Monday morning demanding to know why he was dropped. He linked up really well with Matthew Kennedy in his two games and finds himself dropped for a player who was suspended for an act of petulance.

Yes he is one of the few who will take on duties that other players cannot be arsed doing, eg speaking to the press after a bad result or doing a turn in the club shop to promote new strips or sign calendars.

However he simply isn't good enough and is at an age now he never will be good enough for our club going forward. Sad but true.

Agree Jock

Zazu62
30-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Well said , what does Lewis Stevenson actually offer as a footballer?

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Well said , what does Lewis Stevenson actually offer as a footballer?

Absolutely amazed we both haven't been ripped up for our most recent posts. Guess a lot of people avoiding the boards tonite.

Jonnyboy
30-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Absolutely amazed we both haven't been ripped up for our most recent posts. Guess a lot of people avoiding the boards tonite.

I'd normally oblige J but tonight I can have no argument that Lewis had a stinker. I still believe he's better than many give him credit for and I agree that Callum has every right to feel aggrieved at not starting ahead of him though

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 08:43 PM
I'd normally oblige J but tonight I can have no argument that Lewis had a stinker. I still believe he's better than many give him credit for and I agree that Callum has every right to feel aggrieved at not starting ahead of him though

I just feel so sorry for Boothy JC. He waited patiently for his turn and has just been hit with a knock out blow today. Irrespective of what posters think of Lewis IMO he should have been left out as he let the club down with his actions at Tynecastle especially with us having a small squad. For him to get his place right back without question sends out the wrong message for me (as does the selection of our captain).

He (CB)must be questioning his future with us after that sham today.

DC_Hibs
30-08-2014, 08:46 PM
First game back from a self imposed exile after seeing what we had for the games at Vale of Leithen and Berwick.

Reading the forums after the Livingston game there were loads happy that last seasons losers were getting a second chance and Stubbs just needed to add some "quality".

8 of last seasons losers started the derby including some of the main culprits in the experienced midfielders and we are still relying on the same misfiring youngsters in 3 forward positions who you are lucky to get one bit of decent play every 4 or 5 games....or more.

Today was absolute Pony and despite a clear out we still have a team of $h!tebags with little quality. Should we not have shipped the lot out?

At least folk are finally waking up to how good we really are although some muppets after scraping a win against Dumbarton thought Griffiths would have us challenging for the title!!!

4 or 5 additions within the next 48 hours will see us alright boys.

Jonnyboy
30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
I just feel so sorry for Boothy JC. He waited patiently for his turn and has just been hit with a knock out blow today. Irrespective of what posters think of Lewis IMO he should have been left out as he let the club down with his actions at Tynecastle especially with us having a small squad. For him to get his place right back without question sends out the wrong message for me (as does the selection of our captain).

I agree J. Poor decision by Stubbs IMO

Billy Whizz
30-08-2014, 08:56 PM
We need to get Paul Hanlon 100% fit and back in the team for the next game

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 09:01 PM
We need to get Paul Hanlon 100% fit and back in the team for the next game

He will be Billy.

If it wasn't a sub standard artificial pitch I think he might have played today.

Tyler Durden
30-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Forster was excellent first half and would get pass marks from me.

I actually thought Allan did try to create but was frustrated with little to aim for.

The rest were awful. Totally agree that it was poor decision to start Craig and to bring Lewis back in for Booth. Kennedy didn't offer nearly so much without Booth. Stevensons efforts in defending were also really poor. Hibs again this season continually fail to stop a cross.

Also have to question why Heffernan was brought on. He does not deserve another chance, Stubbs should be trying to force him out if anything.

Scary thing was that this is our first proper away game in this league and the players looked shocked that they'd need to fight - so easily brushed off the ball. Although the ref didn't help.

emerald green
30-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I wasn't at the game today, but judging by the posts the team in general were s****.

That being the case, why did they go to s**** from the way they played in the last 15 minutes of the Dumbarton game? Is that a daft question?

cabbageandribs1875
30-08-2014, 09:15 PM

or some posters just stopped giving their thoughts on here re: wee Lewis...not worth the hassle stating that he's a first division player at most, always has been and always will be, he's found his level imho, and to think some on here wanted to build a team around him. i like to give credit where credit is due, he had a good game last season and i gave him the credit i thought he deserved, then got accused of giving him false praise :rolleyes: blah blah blah pffft, can't win

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 09:26 PM

LS is also a player who has been a mainstay (predominantly) during our decline these past few years. He has been made to look better than he is because of the sea of poor quality players surrounding him. He is, at best, an honest trier. He is definitely not of the quality we desperately need to realistically challenge for promotion.

erin go bragh
30-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Agree completely . Dont no why he didnt start with the same 11 that finnished the game on Tues .

Ggtth

Ronniekirk
30-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Makes for disappointing reading.
It's down right depressing we are back to having to chop and change team every week between injuries suspensions and trying to integrate new players and that won't be helping

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I cant score the players because I wasn't at the game.

From reading posts from those who were at the game Hibs for the most part were out thought and out fought by a team of postmen and bank clerks.

In the position this club finds itself that is totally unacceptable .... I cannot believe that following last seasons shameful effort we can contrive to lose a game like this. It is up to the players to turn this around fast. Lets hope they can respond and put on a show for the 6,000 who will turn out for the Cowdenbeath match.

8,000 if Leigh Griffiths comes ..................... a big if IMO

HFC 0-7
30-08-2014, 10:40 PM

I think booth gets caught too far up the pitch, I seen Stubbs shouting and waving him back down the pitch against Falkirk. Perhaps as Kennedy is there and been going forward a lot, 2 players bombing forward is seen as too much of a risk to leave that defence short.

i agree Stevenson had a stinker, I don't think he is a super star but he is very rarely the worst player on the park. If we are starting a clear out, let's start with the ones that are the worst performers first?

Did Robertson not get his place right back for the Dumbarton game after being sent off against hearts?

i think your comment re Lewis letting the club down is over the top. Getting beat by hearts again and her lost his cool, if some of the other players showed that sort of passion ( granted not booting people) thn things would be better. You obviously don't like or rate him but you have put the boot right in and are over the top. According to you he isn't good enough and never will so shouldn't be playing but let the club down because we have a small squad! Surely his sending off would be a blessing as he couldn't play the next week.

SlickShoes
30-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I think booth gets caught too far up the pitch, I seen Stubbs shouting and waving him back down the pitch against Falkirk. Perhaps as Kennedy is there and been going forward a lot, 2 players bombing forward is seen as too much of a risk to leave that defence short.

i agree Stevenson had a stinker, I don't think he is a super star but he is very rarely the worst player on the park. If we are starting a clear out, let's start with the ones that are the worst performers first?

Did Robertson not get his place right back for the Dumbarton game after being sent off against hearts?

i think your comment re Lewis letting the club down is over the top. Getting beat by hearts again and her lost his cool, if some of the other players showed that sort of passion ( granted not booting people) thn things would be better. You obviously don't like or rate him but you have put the boot right in and are over the top. According to you he isn't good enough and never will so shouldn't be playing but let the club down because we have a small squad! Surely his sending off would be a blessing as he couldn't play the next week.

Lewis has consistently played in the worst hibs teams ever, at left back which everyone says isn't his position yet he's been there for years. If he's a midfielder and isn't good enough to get into this hibs midfield then he is truly terrible.

I agree with scoops post have been saying the same for ages but the guy has a fan club here so there is no way you can ever criticise anything he ever does without being accused of being too harsh or singling him out instead of others. He's been a consistent non performer like most of the team last season and is part of the malaise just like Craig and the others that remain, they all have nothing left to give if they ever had anything in the first place.

Thecat23
30-08-2014, 11:03 PM

I like Lewis and I do feel he gets a hard time. But saying that I feel Booth deserved to start today and how Craig got back in I've no idea! Also giving Handling a 4 year deal is utterly bemusing as he offers very little.

Look over the road at Hearts youngsters, they got beat most games they played at youth level from Hibs. But now they have matured into good players where we haven't and if you can't do it in this league there is something very wrong. Goes without saying Harris falls into this category as well.

I think folk forget we are actually in the second tier of Scottish football and many teams are part time.

SlickShoes
30-08-2014, 11:15 PM
I like Lewis and I do feel he gets a hard time. But saying that I feel Booth deserved to start today and how Craig got back in I've no idea! Also giving Handling a 4 year deal is utterly bemusing as he offers very little.

Look over the road at Hearts youngsters, they got beat most games they played at youth level from Hibs. But now they have matured into good players where we haven't and if you can't do it in this league there is something very wrong. Goes without saying Harris falls into this category as well.

I think folk forget we are actually in the second tier of Scottish football and many teams are part time.

We have a team of pro's who seem to take it for granted, part time teams are full of guys hungry to play football and still full of dreams of maybe making it at a pro club. Despite holding down normal jobs they have a hunger that our team have been devoid of for years.

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 11:24 PM
We have a team of pro's who seem to take it for granted, part time teams are full of guys hungry to play football and still full of dreams of maybe making it at a pro club. Despite holding down normal jobs they have a hunger that our team have been devoid of for years.

This - a point not lost on a lot of coaches and players who have an interest in Hibs - the 'made it' culture exists because they are not made to train long enough or hard enough. Good post.

West hamBERNIAN
30-08-2014, 11:37 PM

I k ow where you are coming from but do you not think that the time they had to gel as a team has helped them enormously, start of last season they were where we are now and nobody was saying there young lads were a great hope then. I think we need to support the young guys, hard as that can be, they are trying their best to be the best they can be. Also the golden generation Broony, kt etc didn't walk into the team looking a finished article straight away. The first time I seen Scott Brown he was a striker playing away to livi and he was never going to make it as a striker. Harris, Stanton, booth, Cummings, Forster and handling all have ability and with our support I hope they find their way.I actually think I wish we still had wotherspoon to see how he would play under stubbs. If we get some quality in around these guys I think they'll turn out really well. Bring on Monday. Please Stubbs sort it out.

livi hibby
30-08-2014, 11:49 PM
the difference with brown was his attitude he was in the face of any player in front of him winding them all up we don't have that at the club

scoopyboy
31-08-2014, 12:16 AM

Says it all for me. Rather than say he is good enough you say he is very rarely the worst.

I like Lewis a lot as a person but I don't particularly rate him and think he's had more chances than enough.

My main gripe was about Booth being emptied.

pacorosssco
31-08-2014, 12:22 AM
I k ow where you are coming from but do you not think that the time they had to gel as a team has helped them enormously, start of last season they were where we are now and nobody was saying there young lads were a great hope then. I think we need to support the young guys, hard as that can be, they are trying their best to be the best they can be. Also the golden generation Broony, kt etc didn't walk into the team looking a finished article straight away. The first time I seen Scott Brown he was a striker playing away to livi and he was never going to make it as a striker. Harris, Stanton, booth, Cummings, Forster and handling all have ability and with our support I hope they find their way.I actually think I wish we still had wotherspoon to see how he would play under stubbs. If we get some quality in around these guys I think they'll turn out really well. Bring on Monday. Please Stubbs sort it out.

I am hurting drunk and tired! I remember.......

That end of season Brown took his chance shinned and immediately looked comfortable in first team and spl level, strange I hazily remember him looking more a winger but drunk or not I think that was the most prolific times of his career as sure he scored 4 in 5. One of the most enjoyable to watch players of last 35 years. Never reached the heights he showed at us since. Still love him. Big miss next sunday

West hamBERNIAN
31-08-2014, 12:23 AM
the difference with brown was his attitude he was in the face of any player in front of him winding them all up we don't have that at the club

Aye I know but that didn't make him better at football. Maybe gave him more leeway as he was coming through though. They made their names by eventually getting results as I remember. Garry o was the only player i thought straight away, was special. Brewster helped him in a big way.

J-C
31-08-2014, 12:24 AM

Lewis will always tell you he is a natural midfielder, he can tackle and can pass reasonably well, so why is he not played as a DM which would free up Allan and allow Booth to start also, would also mean getting shot of Craig too.

West hamBERNIAN
31-08-2014, 12:30 AM
I am hurting drunk and tired! I remember.......

That end of season Brown took his chance shinned and immediately looked comfortable in first team and spl level, strange I hazily remember him looking more a winger but drunk or not I think that was the most prolific times of his career as sure he scored 4 in 5. One of the most enjoyable to watch players of last 35 years. Never reached the heights he showed at us since. Still love him. Big miss next sunday

Fair play, I'm possibly a wee bit worse for ware myself, (emotional day) there were definitely days when broony couldn't spray a 5 yards pass though.

mmmmhibby
31-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Lewis will always tell you he is a natural midfielder, he can tackle and can pass reasonably well, so why is he not played as a DM which would free up Allan and allow Booth to start also, would also mean getting shot of Craig too.

We need better quality than LS at hibs if want to improve.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2014, 07:27 AM
All players 0

A ****ing embarresment!!!!!!!!

down-the-slope
31-08-2014, 08:37 AM
He will be Billy.

If it wasn't a sub standard artificial pitch I think he might have played today.

Yup we need him desperately - i was sure he would not be risked...what amazed me was how the ball bobbled often when passed across it flat, very poor..not an excuse though but the reality of the position we got ourselves in and we had better get used to that and find ways to grind out points on windy bobbly artificial pitches or we will find ourselves fighting at the bottom not the top of the table.
I got the impression that some of the players felt sorry for themselves having to deal with the conditions - if they don't shake themselves out of that (or several get changed) there will be many more days like that

OX - 7. - exposed a couple of times, but without him the scoreline would have been even more decisive

Gray - 5. Not as great an influence as has been and seemed to have lost ability to cross.

Forster - 7. One of the few to get pass marks. trying to get others around him up for it and at least looking willing to battle

Fontaine - 4. Looked ok first half but very nervy to me and never comfortable on the pitch.

Stevenson - 3. Lewis while normally willing to get forward is not the best at that (particularly final ball) but is solid in defence - well not today he had a very uncomfortable day particularly second half when they exploited channel between him and Fontaine and he was skinned several times

Stanton - 4. the constant switching of him and Kennedy first half did not help but had a couple of good runs second but not enough support to take advantage.

Craig - 3. Decent in spells first half, but got aggravated with ref / others and basically did not win his battle football wise most of the game and little positive impact in taking game forward

Allan - 5. His skill is evident and he kept ball moving / possession first half - longer game went on the options for him reduced. Not sure if he gave up or fitness still an issue?

Kennedy - 2. stood on right for first 15 minutes not even sure if he touched the ball? - then swapped with Stanton...lots of step overs and very little end product - think he got a final ball in twice.

Cummings - 4. Did well early and with goal as he reacted quickly, but lost without El Alagui to play off

El Alagui - 6. The fact we did not win a header in forward positions after he was off and our whole attacking drive left the pitch with him tells you much about his influence when on

Subs.

Heffernan - 2. Showed why he was on bench - he looks like a player who is at the end of his career. Will only score if there are others around to ay them on a plate (we don't have such at the moment)

Harris - 5. made some space when he drove with the ball. Like other wide players the desire to Always come inside and not make the line makes us easier to defend against

Handling - 2. no influence on the game. but trying to play of Heffernan was not much Help

Stubbs - 3 - System and personnel not fit for purpose today. While injury had major influence thats both Falkirk & this game where opposition have allowed us to pass in our own half and then press quickly as soon as we get over halfway line....not enough skill / drive / bottle / competent formation to deal with that..

J-C
31-08-2014, 10:18 AM
We need better quality than LS at hibs if want to improve.

I know but we're crying out for a DM at the moment to stabalise the midfield, christ he's got to be better than Craig.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Says it all for me. Rather than say he is good enough you say he is very rarely the worst.

I like Lewis a lot as a person but I don't particularly rate him and think he's had more chances than enough.

My main gripe was about Booth being emptied.

says it all for me as well, how will we fair if we get rid of the average players and keep the worst. I don't think Lewis is brilliant and he shouldn't be in the team for where we want to be, however, he isn't the worst and shouldn't be getting the abuse that he is until he is the worst.

he has had more good games than bad games IMO, with most games bring average. You seem to be annoyed that booth got dropped, why shouldn't he? What does it say to regular players if you are suspended or injured a player comes in and has 2 ok games and you are out. Booth needs to be patient, he has just come back to hibs remember, so needs to work to get in the side again.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 04:34 PM
What's worrying is that even our new guys -those who are supposed to bring fight, desire and belief in the promotion cause, capitulated against a team of part timers. Alan Stubbs will be very disappointed in the new players in particular letting him and the fans down big, big time. He will see the new players as "his" players and take it personal. After all, he has talked them up and argued for what they will bring. This defeat, in particular, will be the most difficult to recover from. This defeat has set him back and he now has to regain the lost confidence not just among supporters but Leanne Dempster. I so want him to succeed for our club that it's almost painful to watch him struggle to come up with reasons to justify the collective surrender to Alloa.

wookie70
31-08-2014, 09:44 PM
says it all for me as well, how will we fair if we get rid of the average players and keep the worst. I don't think Lewis is brilliant and he shouldn't be in the team for where we want to be, however, he isn't the worst and shouldn't be getting the abuse that he is until he is the worst.

he has had more good games than bad games IMO, with most games bring average. You seem to be annoyed that booth got dropped, why shouldn't he? What does it say to regular players if you are suspended or injured a player comes in and has 2 ok games and you are out. Booth needs to be patient, he has just come back to hibs remember, so needs to work to get in the side again.

It says we have a squad of players and once you are in the team you will stay in it if you are playing well. It would probably mean players would be more disciplined and competitive for places.

I would have some sympathy if Lewis was injured but he only had himself to blame for the suspension and when you get suspended for something unprofessional you should be punished by the club. I hope Liam Craig is fined for his booking on Saturday. He is like a Maybury League player when he approaches refs. Embarrasing for a Captain to behave that way

scoopyboy
01-09-2014, 08:00 AM

I am not saying we should keep the worst and at this moment in time I wouldn't want shot of Lewis.

I felt that Boothy should have stayed in the team. He did wait patiently and got in the team only to be punted straight back out again after good performances.

J-C
01-09-2014, 08:13 AM
I am not saying we should keep the worst and at this moment in time I wouldn't want shot of Lewis.

I felt that Boothy should have stayed in the team. He did wait patiently and got in the team only to be punted straight back out again after good performances.

I agree Scoop, Booth and Kennedy linked up very well, his defensive qualities are still poor but against Alloa it would've made sense to have a right good go at them seeing as we'd just won on tuesday. Stevenson should've been played as a defensive mid, something we're trult lacking.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2014, 08:45 AM

Sorry, i thought you wee saying we should punt Lewis now. I just dont get why people are on his back so much (not you) and wanting him out, when there are other players in that hibs side that deserve to get punted first. The Craig situation is one of the most worrying things at the club at the moment, not just because he is consistently playing rank, but because Stubbs thinks he is captain material. If that's the sort of leader we are trying to built round then I can't see it being too rosey for us!

The Leith Dutch
01-09-2014, 09:44 AM
I like Stevenson and he's certainly not where I'd start with a clear out / upgrade.

That said - Booth and Kennedy working in tandem on the left in the Falkirk game was the best I've seen from us in a long time.

Booth certainly needs to improve defensively but as others have rightly pointed out (and I mean no disrespect here) - we should be going at Alloa from the kick off with the only thing we're worried about losing is a little ground on the goal difference front.

There are a lot of players at Hibs on the scale of "Get rid of" to "surely we can do better?" but not withstanding that they should still be comfortably good enough to put away a part time team.

GGTTH07
01-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Their poor performance didn't stop the usual George street crew out in force. Fuds.

JimBHibees
01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Their poor performance didn't stop the usual George street crew out in force. Fuds.

Any names you want to put up?