PDA

View Full Version : Is the season over ??

confused
30-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Is the season over ?? I'm sorry truly sorry but I have said it for months now , I cant see where this ends ? oh yes of course I love my team I'm 65 I've supported them since I can remember , but , what a mess my team are in .defo a night for a discussion with Mr John Barleycorn. I am gutted today . v

matty_f
30-08-2014, 05:45 PM
No.

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Nah it'll still come down to the 2 derbies in May before the trip to Dingwall or Paisley.

lord bunberry
30-08-2014, 05:46 PM
It's not over, but with each defeat the dream fades.

tamig
30-08-2014, 05:47 PM
No. Its not long started.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2014, 05:47 PM
In terms of winning the league yes.

Scottie
30-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Never over

We've got a Scottish cup win to look forward to :wink:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Our hopes of a title challenge are basically finished but the season's far from over.

scuttle
As far as winning the league yes. Baring in mind we have sill to play the Hun 4 times and 3 more derbies then even a playoff spot will be had to achieve IMO

Gatecrasher
It's not over, but we need some big changes. Some good signings in the next 48 hours would go a long way but I'm not holding my breath.

Michael
30-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Never over

We've got a Scottish cup win to look forward to :wink:

Who cares about the league anyway? It's all about winning the Scottish Cup!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Our hopes of a title challenge are basically finished but the season's far from over.

We need to be honest and think if we really had a realistic chance in the first place.
We were the worst team in the SPL and a distance in class away from the team that finished second in last year's division one.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-08-2014, 05:54 PM
The season's far from over, we've still got to play Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath 4 times each. Plenty of time to get ourselves clear of them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Not over, but anyone who thinks we are going to get promoted by either winning the league or through the play offs, are going to be disappointed, again.

Gala Foxes
30-08-2014, 05:59 PM
on that performance today we will have a relegation play off

Hibby 2005
30-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Not over, but anyone who thinks we are going to get promoted by either winning the league or through the play offs, are going to be disappointed, again.

If we get Griffiths we can achieve the play-offs, nothing more.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Tell you at 11pm monday

kevo1875
30-08-2014, 06:01 PM
With this bunch of imposters I'd say yes

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 06:01 PM
If we get Griffiths we can achieve the play-offs, nothing more.

Wouldn't be so sure of that mate. One player isn't enough to carry us to promotion, we need a TEAM.

Hibby 2005
30-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't be so sure of that mate. One player isn't enough to carry us to promotion, we need a TEAM.

I doubt we'll get promoted.

DAVE1875
30-08-2014, 06:04 PM
After 4 games? 4 GAMES?!

I'd understand if it was the end of the winter window and we were in the same position in the table... but after only 4 games?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ch82zZai1qg41xj.gif

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I doubt we'll get promoted.

When you said play offs, I assumed you meant we'll get promoted. That's what I was referring to.

weecounty hibby
30-08-2014, 06:13 PM
After 4 games the season has only just started. We need to finish in the play off positions at the very least to give us a chance of promotion. The transfer situation is key, we need to get players in and if we need to raise our level of debt then so be it. The longer we stay in this league the more our debts will rise any way. Thats not speculating to accumulate it is just good business sense. If we stay down, crowds drop, no huns or hearts games we would haemorrage money and would be even harder to attract quality. We need to get out of this league asap!!!

Steve20
30-08-2014, 06:13 PM
We won't be in a relegation play off. But no chance of promotion.

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 06:15 PM
With this league, and the position we are in, I'm truly surprised that Hibs have not gone top heavy in the attacking side of the team - we are a team who others would love to beat, so Hibs missed a clear statement of intent at the beginning of Stubbs' reign in my opinion - that is where we should have done our immediate business, quick, decisive and delivered on the pitch.

I want to go to games knowing that even if the opposition score, we can score three or four - I just don't see the pace and creativity. Is it really Hibs that are the only side in Scotland to be so blind as to ignore pace in a team, and creativity ?

I'm sorry to say that even in the younger youth teams I don't see genuine pace. Really really sad that we seem to be the only side in Scotland that for years has totally and utterly ignored this side of the game.

Oh.....and well done Liam Buchanan today.......big Hibee so must have had mixed feelings after scoring......not at the time right enough :greengrin

Scottie
30-08-2014, 06:16 PM
We won't be in a relegation play off. But no chance of promotion.

Hey Steve that's what we said last year and look where we are now. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 06:29 PM
We're in a fight for the play offs. We won't win the league without 4 or 5 new players of decent quality in the next couple of days and I seriously doubt that will happen.

Pete
30-08-2014, 06:33 PM
We're still in two cup competitions and have only played a handful of games in the league. Top four gives us a chance of promotion so that's the least we should aim for.

Talk of the season being over is utterly ridiculous. Stubbs has been in the door literally five minutes so why don't we just chill out a bit and give him a chance?

Waxy
30-08-2014, 06:41 PM
If we sign LG and a couple more intelligent players on monday, then we can steamroller our way out this nightmare.

Stranraer
30-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Is the season over ?? I'm sorry truly sorry but I have said it for months now , I cant see where this ends ? oh yes of course I love my team I'm 65 I've supported them since I can remember , but , what a mess my team are in .defo a night for a discussion with Mr John Barleycorn. I am gutted today . v

Quite a long way to go unfortunately, the season is young and so am I.

Forza Fred
30-08-2014, 07:06 PM
We can do what other wee clubs do, hope we draw a big team in the cup and hope we avoid relegation

Ronniekirk
30-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Thanks ,made me look out the Traffic album John Barleycorn etc

BSEJVT
30-08-2014, 07:17 PM
If we sign LG and a couple more intelligent players on monday, then we can steamroller our way out this nightmare.

Its not intelligent players we need IMO is hard nasty *******s who will drag this bunch of timid wallflowers into battle.

We are soft as **** physically and mentally

SneakersO'Toole
30-08-2014, 07:21 PM
If the rumours of Farids injury are true then that is any hope of winning the league gone and a huge dent to finishing top 4.

Danderhall Hibs
30-08-2014, 07:29 PM
We're still in two cup competitions and have only played a handful of games in the league. Top four gives us a chance of promotion so that's the least we should aim for.

Talk of the season being over is utterly ridiculous. Stubbs has been in the door literally five minutes so why don't we just chill out a bit and give him a chance?

It's been a long 5 minutes then. It literally feels like weeks, maybe even a couple of months. Literally. :wink:

Scottie
30-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Its not intelligent players we need IMO is hard nasty *******s who will drag this bunch of timid wallflowers into battle.

Been saying the same for years.

Cant remember the last player that would run through a brick wall for us

Pete
30-08-2014, 07:33 PM
It's been a long 5 minutes then. It literally feels like weeks, maybe even a couple of months. Literally. :wink:

Five minutes in managerial terms.

...or is it? He's managed longer than the boy at Leeds!

Pat 0-7
30-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Exactly. We have been soft touches for the last few years. Fed up of us getting walked over, especially against the gorgie tramps.

neil7908
30-08-2014, 07:53 PM
If we take our pre season goal as "winning the league" then the answer is yes. We might make the play offs but no chance we'll be playing SPL football next year. I dread to think how we'd fare against a decent SPL side in one of the cups.

Stranraer
30-08-2014, 08:52 PM
If we take our pre season goal as "winning the league" then the answer is yes. We might make the play offs but no chance we'll be playing SPL football next year. I dread to think how we'd fare against a decent SPL side in one of the cups.

It will be interesting to see how we play against the worst side in the Prem. in the league cup!

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 09:20 PM

Understatement of the day - especially after our capitulation against a team of part-timers.

Billy McKirdy
30-08-2014, 09:24 PM
The season is not over by a long long way.
We've had a truly ***** start but there is a long long way to go.
Many issues with this team and a manager still learning on the job but season over?
Not a chance in hell of that.
Keep the faith.
GGTTH

erskine-hibby
30-08-2014, 09:25 PM
We can only hope for THEM and the currents to start slipping. As I can't see that happening any time soon we will struggle for the rest of the season IMHO.

gegs70
30-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Not over...but we still don't have a decent squad so unless stubbs brings on a few players we will still struggle.

My son said to me today that he's fed up with hibs, come on hit's get it right....it's been far too long watching crap...

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Jason Cummings may benefit big time with Farid's injury - strikers thrive on goals, and let's be honest, each time he has played, Jason doesn't let many down with effort and work rate - I'm keen to see him be a first choice striker in this league so it's perhaps a horrible blessing in disguise........c'mon JC, step up son and bang in the goals :aok:

Billy McKirdy
30-08-2014, 09:44 PM
This season is about rebuilding and consolidation for me, today was a mare of a result and deeply humiliating for the club and the fans but let's face it, this is where we are at the present moment in time.
There have been encouraging signs in recent weeks, the general play has been a vast improvement from lsst term but the weaknesses are plain for all to see. Craig is nowhere near where he was with St J but he's not the only culprit, I also fear for the youths currently in the first team, Harris, Stanton ect are talented players but now is not the right time for them, experience pros are sorely needed and sadly lacking. The issues mentioned are deep and painful and the board desperately need to release funds to strengthen NOW.
I see at least one more season down here unless that happens.

WestStandMoaner
30-08-2014, 10:03 PM
This season is about rebuilding and consolidation for me, today was a mare of a result and deeply humiliating for the club and the fans but let's face it, this is where we are at the present moment in time.
There have been encouraging signs in recent weeks, the general play has been a vast improvement from lsst term but the weaknesses are plain for all to see. Craig is nowhere near where he was with St J but he's not the only culprit, I also fear for the youths currently in the first team, Harris, Stanton ect are talented players but now is not the right time for them, experience pros are sorely needed and sadly lacking. The issues mentioned are deep and painful and the board desperately need to release funds to strengthen NOW.
I see at least one more season down here unless that happens.

You know this is why we are in this position, I am f--cking sick and tired of excuses, rebuilding, consolidation, no other team needs the time that hibs need. I am not having ago at you mate but let's be honest, too many fans have found excuses in recent years to justify our results. The bottom line is we are crap and the reason for this is the infrastructure has taken priority over the investment in the team. Petrie and Farmer have made the wrong decisions and we are now paying the penalty and unless Farmer opens the cheque book in the next 48 hours we will finish mid table and remain the laughing stock of Scottish football.

Jim44
30-08-2014, 10:05 PM
I've said it recently and I've no hesitation in repeating it, but I honestly believe we are witnessing the biggest and most dramatic demise of a major Scottish football team in recent history. There's not the remotest chance in hell of Farmer and Petrie rubber-stamping the only way out of our out-of-control free fall and I see no hope for the future. If I'm accused of being a drama queen in my honest assessment of our fate, I have every right to accuse the diehards of delusions of mediocrity.

Billy McKirdy
30-08-2014, 10:10 PM
You know this is why we are in this position, I am f--cking sick and tired of excuses, rebuilding, consolidation, no other team needs the time that hibs need. I am not having ago at you mate but let's be honest, too many fans have found excuses in recent years to justify our results. The bottom line is we are crap and the reason for this is the infrastructure has taken priority over the investment in the team. Petrie and Farmer have made the wrong decisions and we are now paying the penalty and unless Farmer opens the cheque book in the next 48 hours we will finish mid table and remain the laughing stock of Scottish football.
Can't disagree with you at all.
Truth is..short of a takeover nothing will change fast.
Much as it hurts this disinterested owner will reap the crop of his actions and our team will continue to decline.
I have no answers only observations....like us all.

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Aberdeen :aok: Dundee United after McLean..........Celtic played second fiddle to Rangers for 9 seasons.........don't play the violin just yet.........we are no different to any other football club. **** happens from time to time.

marleyhib
30-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Er naw, disagree completely - have a few bad season maybe but Hibs have imploded. Due IMHO to a complete lack of investment in the team for years. We sold any talent we had and built a stadium we can rarely fill. Awful managerial appointments and a club going through the motions, a complete embarrassment. 5-1 was bad enough but getting beat from a part time team is worse. I would be raging but I've been worn down too much to honestly care.

Jim44
30-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Aberdeen :aok: Dundee United after McLean..........Celtic played second fiddle to Rangers for 9 seasons.........don't play the violin just yet.........we are no different to any other football club. **** happens from time to time.

How can you equate Celtic's 9 seasons in the shadow of Rangers to our utter demise? I 'm afraid we ARE different from most established football clubs.

Golden Bear
30-08-2014, 10:32 PM
As things stand, we could certainly do a Dundee - a supposed big club yet confined to minor league football for a few years to come.

Iain G
30-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Is the season over? Yeah, completely, 4 games in and we may as well shut up shop now. Stubbs will get sacked in Feb or March so may as well terminate his contract now and save us the pain in hoping that things will get better. Lock up Easter Road and let Liam Craig run around the centre circle on his own for the next 8 months, refund the season tickets, lock down the turnstiles, close the club shop, shut down Hibs.net, rent out the Famous Five stand for Enid Blyton conventions only and buy family passes to the cinema for all, I hear there is a good Bobby Williamson movie playing...

Sack Van Gaal while we are at it as Man U are clearly doomed too...

Either that or give Stubbs a wee bit of time to sort this mess out, we are still suffering relegation hangover and are completey reshaping the club and it's gonna take a lil bit of time.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I see little hope of us winning the league, even at this early stage. The poor start we have made has opened the door to our main rivals who have taken full advantage. But no the season is not over.

The aim now is to finish in the top 4 and by the time we get there have a team strong enough to be able to win 3 two legged games in a row. Unfortunately I have utterly no confidence that the men holding the purse strings will have the nerve or ambition to help the manager do what is required. I must also question other people running the club when somebody thought Danny Handling was worthy of a 4 year contract ............ based on what? ....... Hell in my opinion the jury was out as to whether he was worth keeping, never mind get a 4 year deal.

If we fail to make the top 4 then I fear for the long term future of Hibs. I know there has been comparison with Dundee's situation in recent years, but Dundee did not have the massive infrastructure to maintain we do.

That is where the clubs owners frankly negligent failure to recognise the correlation between building top class infrastructure and making sure there was a team on the pitch who would ensure the expensive stands and 5 million pound training complex did not become a massive millstone has been cruelly highlighted. If we do not get promoted in a minimum of 2 seasons where will the money come from to maintain Easter Road, East Mains or pay the frankly insane £24,000 per annum rent for the ticket office ..... never mind put a team on the pitch.

Rant over.

DH1875
31-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Course its not over. We won't win the league but 4th place should just about be within our grasp.

HappyHibby93
31-08-2014, 10:20 AM
People need to calm down. There are 30 games left and we have only played 4. There is sooooo much football to be played!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk