PDA

View Full Version : Farid Injury

Iggy Pope
30-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Just back and it might be covered elsewhere, but so I can avoid the carnage, can anyone tell me how bad the reports are on the injury?

During Stubbs' interview on the BBC he seemed to think it was 'bad'?

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Broken ankle was the rumour on our bus back but don't know if there's truth in that.

God help us if Heffernan is now our strike force.

Boyle89
30-08-2014, 05:24 PM
If it's a broken ankle that is terrible news. Please just let it be a minor injury!!!

Keith_M
30-08-2014, 05:24 PM
If he's badly injured then we're really in deep doo-doo.

Aldo
30-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Broken ankle was the rumour on our bus back but don't know if there's truth in that. God help us if Heffernan is now our strike force.

I really hope not.

As for Heff.... IMHO his legs have gone and he's had his time.

Never looked like scoring for a long time. Oxley will score more than him IMHO.

Bishop Hibee
30-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Losing Hanlon then him. Not carrying any luck. Other players look incapable of stepping into their shoes.

tamig
30-08-2014, 05:50 PM
I really hope not.

As for Heff.... IMHO his legs have gone and he's had his time.

Never looked like scoring for a long time. Oxley will score more than him IMHO.

Heff looked like scoring last weekend. He just missed the chances when they came his way.

Aldo
30-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Heff looked like scoring last weekend. He just missed the chances when they came his way.

You know as well as I do know that that is not good enough. He needs to move on and we need a more capable player that will offer something.

hibsbollah
30-08-2014, 05:56 PM

I think you're unintentionally making the case that he's total gash.

The_Horde
30-08-2014, 05:57 PM
You know as well as I do know that that is not good enough. He needs to move on and we need a more capable player that will offer something.

Yep. We need someone young and hungry with a point to prove.

JollyGreenGiant
30-08-2014, 05:57 PM
He went down clutching his ankle and straight away signalled to the bench, but I watched him move it about a lot in the air, as if he was checking to see if it was broken - think its probably ligament damage!

Plastic pitches for you!

Franck Stanton
30-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Whilst with Killie I thought Heff was a class act. When we signed him I was very happy with it ,..........However, he just doesn't look anything like the player he was with them, been really disappointing, can't fathom out why he turned the Sainties down especially if, as reported, they were offering a two year deal on more money than he is on just now. Looking like St J have "dodged a bullet". Really think we need better than him.

REALY hope Farid's injury is not serious

Amit
30-08-2014, 06:09 PM
He went down clutching his ankle and straight away signalled to the bench, but I watched him move it about a lot in the air, as if he was checking to see if it was broken - think its probably ligament damage!

Plastic pitches for you!

Ligament damage is worse than a broken ankle. So hope not.

Bleeds green
30-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Ligament damage is worse than a broken ankle. So hope not.

Not always the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amit
30-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Having ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament in my knee in April, I'm still doing physio, just started jogging last week. If I had broken my leg. Healing process would've been much quicker.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 06:20 PM

And hit a 1 on 1 straight at the keeper today as well.

If missing chances is being used as a defence of a striker then we really have sunk to new lows. If he can't take the chances that come his way then he's no ****ing use to us.

emerald green
30-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Oh that's OK then! That's what all the top strikers do. :faf:

Centre Hawf
30-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Achilles from what I've been told.

tamig
30-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh that's OK then! That's what all the top strikers do. :faf:

Did I say that was ok or what I'd expect of my striker? I was replying to Aldo's point in an earlier post. Ok boss?

Weststandwanab
30-08-2014, 06:34 PM
How about his neck - nobody been told that yet ?

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:36 PM
;4148528"] Yep. We need someone young and hungry with a point to prove.

Thing is B will we get one?????

Golden Bear
30-08-2014, 06:38 PM

Jeez, I hope not. That's the worst .

emerald green
30-08-2014, 06:38 PM
FFS. It never rains but it pours.

Bad enough today's result, but losing someone like Farid too is really bad news for the club. How do we replace him at such short notice?

I would normally say it's time for others to stand up and be counted, but I really doubt whether some of them have got it. Why they don't have it is the $64,000 question.

fishybeaver
30-08-2014, 06:40 PM
If its that then its season over for him!

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:42 PM
FFS. It never rains but it pours. Bad enough today's result, but losing someone like Farid too is really bad news for the club. How do we replace him at such short notice? I would normally say it's time for others to stand up and be counted, but I really doubt whether some of them have got it. Why they don't have it is the $64,000 question.

I don't think we can replace him tbh. Heff is done IMHO and will not produce performances or score like Farid.

We are all holding out hope for Leigh (me included) but where do we end in our attempts to sign him at the cost of not pursuing a different CF??

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Let's hope it's just a sprain then (doubt it but we can live in hope) :-(

Newry Hibs
30-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Might still finish top scorer though.

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Let's hope it's just a sprain then (doubt it but we can live in hope) :-(

Wouldn't be surpised to see us sign 2 strikers instead of 1 now.

Gala Foxes
Might still finish top scorer though.

If Handling & Heffernan are the competition he could miss the rest of the season and still finish top scorer, unless we benefit from a lot of own goals

hibsbollah
Theres no money to buy a new striker.

emerald green
30-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Did I say that was ok or what I'd expect of my striker? I was replying to Aldo's point in an earlier post. Ok boss?

Yep, that's OK amigo. I just thought it was funny that he keeps missing all the chances that come his way, although I know I shouldn't.

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Wouldn't be surpised to see us sign 2 strikers instead of 1 now.

Yip Stevie. I know which ones we would rather have but this might not be feasible with Farid's injury.

Zondervan
30-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Now there is a Paradox if I have heard one. I think.

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Yip Stevie. I know which ones we would rather have but this might not be feasible with Farid's injury.

Griffiths and the boy that was on trial with us yesterday.

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Griffiths and the boy that was on trial with us yesterday. I'll give you Leigh but the Dutch boy Deek Deekerman or whatever his name was was let go and won't be getting a contract.

FWIW I would be surprised if we see McFadden and another coming in in an attempt to make up for Farid's injury.

Farid's injury may shelve plans for Leigh??

hibsbollah
30-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Dutch boy Deek Deekerman

:hilarious

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:53 PM
:hilarious

You like that H.

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I'll give you Leigh but the Dutch boy Deek Deekerman or whatever his name was was let go and won't be getting a contract.

FWIW I would be surprised if we see McFadden and another coming in in an attempt to make up for Farid's injury.

Farid's injury may shelve plans for Leigh??

McFadden and Leigh upfront :hyper:

hibsbollah
30-08-2014, 06:55 PM
You like that H.

Sorry, just found it amusing in a Riordanesque sort of way. Is he really called Deek Deekerman?:hilarious

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:55 PM
McFadden and Leigh upfront :hyper:

Calm your jets matey. All I'm saying is that this injury may scupper plans to bring him as the money may have to get spent bringing in 2 instead of him??

Aldo
30-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Sorry, just found it amusing in a Riordanesque sort of way.

:-). Maybe I should of read it before I pressed send. Least it gives us a wee chuckle on this dark dank nite!!

Iggy Pope
30-08-2014, 07:01 PM
So we don't have anything on the extent of said injury. This will be an interesting couple of days.

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 07:07 PM
So we don't have anything on the extent of said injury. This will be an interesting couple of days.

He has snapped his Achilles.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Wonderful. :aok:

That's just topped off my day.

marinello59
30-08-2014, 07:11 PM

Then that's him out for months then. Just when you think things can't get any worse.

weecounty hibby
30-08-2014, 07:12 PM
FFS. Are we really cursed as a club? We get no ****ing luck at all. Feeling very depressed this evening

Sir David Gray
30-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Then that's him out for months then. Just when you think things can't get any worse.

:agree: Hollywood scriptwriters would struggle to write a better disaster movie.

Hiber-nation
30-08-2014, 07:13 PM

Jeezo. Out for most of the season then.

Get well soon big man.

SaulGoodman
30-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Oh fantastic

Aldo
30-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Will be lucky if he's back for end of Jan then. Depends on how it goes his season could be over??

fishybeaver
30-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Will be lucky if he's back for end of Jan then. Depends on how it goes his season could be over??
Having done the same, although I am by no means a proffesional athelit, I would think the season is over for him.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 07:24 PM

Jeezo.

I almost wish he had broken his ankle now.

We really are the unluckiest football club in the world.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2014, 07:24 PM

That's a shocker for him and Hibs

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 07:25 PM
A truly awful end to the day - I'd say out for the season.

Tell you what, Leeann better have really thick skin this week - and STF better have deeper pockets, because we need two fit, free scoring strikers......going to be a very interesting and I will bet uninspiring, underwhelming few days..........sad sad times being a Hibs fans :rolleyes:

Scottie
30-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Is that the official line Scoop ?

If so this is terrible news for us and more importantly the big man (speedy recovery Farid)

Stewboy
30-08-2014, 07:27 PM
If it's his Achillies that's him until March/April

2 strikers needed now, got to pay top dollar this time

wookie70
30-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Terrible news. Get well soon big man. The only good thing is it happened in the signing window. We will now see what the board is really made of.

Thecat23
30-08-2014, 07:33 PM
So sorry for the lad. Horrific injury and in all honesty could be a career ending one. I hope to god he recovers from this not just for Hibs but for Farid himself.

He's going to be distraught!

JJP
30-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Please don't let that be true. We finally get a player who is a goal threat and now he's out for the season!?

emerald green
30-08-2014, 07:36 PM
I swear to God I posted the other day saying "pity help us if Farid gets injured". Never thinking it would actually happen days later, and a really bad injury into the bargain.

What is it about this club? Maybe it really is cursed? Hope you recover well and soon Farid.

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Is that the official line Scoop ?

If so this is terrible news for us and more importantly the big man (speedy recovery Farid)

Not saying the official line but texted to me on my way back from the game by a player's father.

No reason to doubt him as he has never told me anything before that wasn't 100% correct.

I would however love it to be wrong.

Centre Hawf
Almost certain now we'll panic loan some youngster who has never played a senior game in his life.

Canongatehibs
Broken ankle was the rumour on our bus back but don't know if there's truth in that.

God help us if Heffernan is now our strike force.

Hey, lay off Heff. He takes a good photo and signs all the kids' autograph books!

;-)

greenpaper55
30-08-2014, 07:40 PM
I swear to God I posted the other day saying "pity help us if Farid gets injured". Never thinking it would actually happen days later, and a really bad injury into the bargain.

What is it about this club? Maybe it really is cursed? Hope you recover well and soon Farid.

The curse is called Rod Petrie !, this could go on for years.

Stax
30-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Horrendous news if so.. I actually felt pity for Heffernan as he tried to reach balls today. His legs are shot and while a few have said he'll score goals at this level when fit I totally disagree. We played ok for 20 mins today and Farid was the reason why. He held it up well, brings other players in and never comes off second best in 50 50's.

neil7908
30-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Jeezo.

I almost wish he had broken his ankle now.

We really are the unluckiest football club in the world.

It's terrible news if true and really feel for him but if we were a well run team that had built a solid squad for this season we wouldn't be relying on 1 player to score for us.

You can never exactly plan for key players getting injured but you can make sure your not reliant on 1 player to carry the teams goal scoring threat.

When I look at the rest of the squad I see no genuine competition or cover in key positions. Who will come in if Gray gets a bad injury? Or Oxley? Injures are a part of football and it's up to us to make sure we have adequate cover in all areas.

Scottie
30-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Not saying the official line but texted to me on my way back from the game by a player's father.

No reason to doubt him as he has never told me anything before that wasn't 100% correct.

I would however love it to be wrong.
Thanks Scoop here's hoping the injury is not as bad as expected

Ronniekirk
30-08-2014, 07:49 PM
So sorry for the lad. Horrific injury and in all honesty could be a career ending one. I hope to god he recovers from this not just for Hibs but for Farid himself.

He's going to be distraught!
Am gutted for him wonder if surface had anything to do with it ,we knew he had been out injured at United so there was always a risk of another injury but for him to get worst possible one at this time is just typical of our bad luck

emerald green
30-08-2014, 07:52 PM
The curse is called Rod Petrie !, this could go on for years.

:agree: Petrie has to take responsibility for the state of affairs at the club. Our once proud club is a laughing stock, and I've got nothing to defend them with now if we are being beaten by part-time clubs. We even scored first today for a change and still couldn't even scramble up a draw.

Would it be an exaggeration to say the club is in terminal decline? I just can't see how the club is going to break out of this downward spiral.

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 07:55 PM
It's terrible news if true and really feel for him but if we were a well run team that had built a solid squad for this season we wouldn't be relying on 1 player to score for us.

You can never exactly plan for key players getting injured but you can make sure your not reliant on 1 player to carry the teams goal scoring threat.

When I look at the rest of the squad I see no genuine competition or cover in key positions. Who will come in if Gray gets a bad injury? Or Oxley? Injures are a part of football and it's up to us to make sure we have adequate cover in all areas.

I agree mate.

Only thing I can say regarding David Gray is that Jordan Forster could move to right back and we go with Fontaine / Hanlon in the middle.

FWIW in a couple of player's opinions David Gray will pick up suspensions, just the way he approaches training and games. To be honest I wouldn't have him change his philosophy, in fact I wish many other players would copy his example.

With Oxley we could get emergency cover or go with Alan Combe, neither ideal.

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 08:04 PM
I agree mate.

Only thing I can say regarding David Gray is that Jordan Forster could move to right back and we go with Fontaine / Hanlon in the middle.

FWIW in a couple of player's opinions David Gray will pick up suspensions, just the way he approaches training and games. To be honest I wouldn't have him change his philosophy, in fact I wish many other players would copy his example.

I'd rather we look at looking at scoring more goals than the opposition in a lower league Scoopy, thus negating the need to think too much about defensive frailty - a huge thing Hibs have missed out on pre-season.

McFadden, Leigh (if true), a Zemmama type, and now another striker needed - I want to go to Recreation Park knowing that we have 6 or 7 players who can score, not one or two.

Hibs are a busted flush until they realise we are in for 90 minute dog fights each and every time we go to places like Alloa - only way to get out of this league is score plenty of goals. We do not have 'plenty of goals' in this side. Simple as that. I still maintain we are looking at a strategy of finishing 4th.......which does not inspire me, but at the end of the day, was what I expected.

TAHibby
30-08-2014, 08:06 PM
F******************************

Billy Whizz
30-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Wonder if the pitch played any part in this injury. Was quite close to the incident at the time, and thought it was the way he landed on the surface, but could be wrong.

SneakersO'Toole
30-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Wonder if the pitch played any part in this injury. Was quite close to the incident at the time, and thought it was the way he landed on the surface, but could be wrong.

Its not a great 3G surface and could quite easily have had an influence on his injury IMO.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Its not a great 3G surface and could quite easily have had an influence on his injury IMO.

I thought the surface was shocking. Not blaming it for the defeat at all, but from the 1st minute the ball was bobbling along it, and didn't give a true bounce

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Probably won't play again this season. Really worrying as we utterly fell to bits without him today. If we are getting Griffiths we now need someone to go upfront with him along with a central midfielder.

DarrenSQH
30-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Anyone notice none of the players went to check on him. Felt that was weird. They mucked about with a ball. He looked distraught.

Col2
30-08-2014, 08:16 PM
If its achilles ruptured then min 8-10 weeks recovery but overall min 16 weeks before high intensity sport. That assumes no complications.

So Jan best case or Feb/Mar a possibility. Nightmare.

scoopyboy
30-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I'd rather we look at looking at scoring more goals than the opposition in a lower league Scoopy, thus negating the need to think too much about defensive frailty - a huge thing Hibs have missed out on pre-season.

McFadden, Leigh (if true), a Zemmama type, and now another striker needed - I want to go to Recreation Park knowing that we have 6 or 7 players who can score, not one or two.

Hibs are a busted flush until they realise we are in for 90 minute dog fights each and every time we go to places like Alloa - only way to get out of this league is score plenty of goals. We do not have 'plenty of goals' in this side. Simple as that. I still maintain we are looking at a strategy of finishing 4th.......which does not inspire me, but at the end of the day, was what I expected.

To be honest I think we need more quality in all areas of the team / squad.

Simply, we aren't good enough.

SneakersO'Toole
30-08-2014, 08:22 PM
I thought the surface was shocking. Not blaming it for the defeat at all, but from the 1st minute the ball was bobbling along it, and didn't give a true bounce

Its dated technology, not maintained correctly and not fit for purpose for professional football IMO.

Elephant Stone
30-08-2014, 08:22 PM
If he's out for a while it's obviously a sickener but at least it's happened before the window closes, would have been a true nightmare if we had no chance to get cover.

trev the hat
30-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Gutted for the big man, remember Chris Killen doing similar up at Pittodrie & was out for a very lenghty spell.

Kaff
30-08-2014, 08:34 PM
If its achilles ruptured then min 8-10 weeks recovery but overall min 16 weeks before high intensity sport. That assumes no complications.

So Jan best case or Feb/Mar a possibility. Nightmare.

Taking your guide as accurate then it would at least give us a top player returning for, hopefully, the run in towards and including the playoffs. Gives him a little bit of time to get match fit, fingers crossed we can get someone in to replace him and then he adds to the squad on his return

JJP
30-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Taking your guide as accurate then it would at least give us a top player returning for, hopefully, the run in towards and including the playoffs. Gives him a little bit of time to get match fit, fingers crossed we can get someone in to replace him and then he adds to the squad on his return

That is assuming he comes back and finds form, a lot of the time it takes a player a long time to hit their stride after a long lay off, just look at the expectation that was placed on Alex Harris when he returned.

neil7908
30-08-2014, 08:43 PM
I agree mate.

Yeah mate that's true, I guess it also illustrates my point though as we'd be talking about moving one of our 1st choice centre backs (what then happens if say Hanlon or Fountaine are injured/suspended?). If Ox is out were talking about putting in a 40 year old who has barely played a competitive game in the last few years.

It just feels like were facing the same problems as last season or even the previous year where we have we lose 1 or 2 players in key positions and were f****d

Bostonhibby
30-08-2014, 08:47 PM
If Farid is out for more than a couple of weeks then the wheels have definitely fallen of the Clowns tricycle as far as the Circus that is our team is concerned, never fear it will roll on in the media until the next chimps tea party performance.

Stax
30-08-2014, 09:51 PM
We're not only going to miss his footballing talents. More of a leader / influence even in the short term he's been here than our supposed captain IMO.

Heisenberg
30-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Gutted. Two decent strikers needed now. Will we get them? Will we ****.

Golden Bear
30-08-2014, 10:23 PM
That friggin gypsy has a lot to answer for I tell ye.

One Day Soon
30-08-2014, 10:29 PM
But now that we are following the club's more quality, less quantity approach with three players for each position presumably we can just slot in the Farid understudy?

Oh, wait a minute we only have a threadbare squad....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Unluckiest club ever. Where are the goals gonna come from?

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Gutted. Two decent strikers needed now. Will we get them? Will we ****.

:agree:

Questions need to be asked if a striker isn't signed. **** watching Heffernan upfront for the next few months :rolleyes:

truehibernian
30-08-2014, 10:50 PM

Rubbish, no we are not - injuries and suspensions are part n parcel of football. Every other club has had them - time for players like Cummings, Heffernan, Lewis Allan and Handling to step up or ship out. Max Todd, Cody Mulhall, etc.........these are players that Hibs will simply have to coach and give a chance to........this is where we are.

Part of Hibs problem, as Stubbs alluded to midweek and today is this 'feeling sorry for ourself' mentality - I'm glad he has picked up on it, not so confident players like Craig and Heffernan are the type of experienced pros I want to 'get rid' of it.......as they clearly don't have it in them, as last season and this is showing.

Hopefully Craig, OTJ, Heffernan and a couple of others are not at Hibs come Tuesday, and we have three or four players in that have a '**** you' mentality when it comes to facing the opposition.

Always had to laugh when ex players said 'feed the Heff, he will score'.......clearly we have been feeding him barbiturates. He's a lazy ******* lucky to be at Hibs.

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 10:50 PM
http://builder.cheezburger.com/Builder/RenderPreview/5973f61f-91d0-4228-8418-4b4ec660999d

SaulGoodman
30-08-2014, 10:52 PM
http://builder.cheezburger.com/Builder/RenderPreview/5973f61f-91d0-4228-8418-4b4ec660999d

Feed the Heff and he shall.. Eh what was it?

Slow up and tap a 1 on 1 straight at the keeper?

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Feed the Heff and he shall.. Eh what was it?

Slow up and tap a 1 on 1 straight at the keeper?

Put this under you're username bud

#dotnettopboiz. Only me and Haymaker have done it. :greengrin

Thecat23
30-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I'd rather try to open a beer bottle with my sphincter and not a twist off either than watch Heff play anymore games for us!

SaulGoodman
30-08-2014, 10:54 PM

I can't on my phone :greengrin

SaulGoodman
30-08-2014, 10:58 PM

Never mind. There you go :greengrin

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Never mind. There you go :greengrin

A big welcome to our 3rd member. :thumbsup:

The current top boiz are:
StevehFC
Haymaker
MehHFC

yankyhibby
30-08-2014, 11:01 PM

Questions need to be asked if a striker isn't signed. **** watching Heffernan upfront for the next few months :rolleyes:

I agree. Heffernan, sadly, was and not is a good player. His contribution to date has been pitiful.

SaulGoodman
30-08-2014, 11:01 PM
A big welcome to our 3rd member. :thumbsup:

The current top boiz are:
StevehFC
Haymaker
MehHFC

:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
30-08-2014, 11:04 PM
I agree. Heffernan, sadly, was and not is a good player. His contribution to date has been pitiful.

He's the irish version of Valdas Trakys

Liberal Hibby
30-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Do we actually have any facts about the nature of his injury and how long he's out for?

R11Loaded
30-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Truly gutted about this injury

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

NOLA
31-08-2014, 12:22 AM
achilles injury is a bad one, 6 months out at least then the physio required, lucky to see him again this season :(

Steve-O
31-08-2014, 01:30 AM
6 months?! Seriously? FFS

leither17
31-08-2014, 01:51 AM
6 months?! Seriously? FFS

Same injury that finished off killens time at us I'm sure

Sean1875
31-08-2014, 02:09 AM
gutted about this on a number of levels, both for Hibs and for Farid personally. if we don't sign a 20+ goal striker by Tuesday we can kiss our hopes of promotion goodbye.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Got to hope that it's not as bad as first feared

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2014, 07:31 AM
achilles injury is a bad one, 6 months out at least then the physio required, lucky to see him again this season :(

More like a year if it's Achilles.

col02
31-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Same injury that finished off killens time at us I'm sure

Yes sure it was. Against Aberdeen in the cup if I remember correctly and Killen was scoring for fun in the high teens until his injury. Brutal loss of a player back then who brought others into play as well as scoring just as it was yesterday in losing Farid. That's a dimension of our game gone now until he recovers.

confused
31-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Having done the same, although I am by no means a proffesional athelit, I would think the season is over for him.

Same here , but I'm a'n old fat git but I've no worked for 7 month ! hope he gets better and regains his form eventually

JimBHibees
31-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Rubbish, no we are not - injuries and suspensions are part n parcel of football. Every other club has had them - time for players like Cummings, Heffernan, Lewis Allan and Handling to step up or ship out. Max Todd, Cody Mulhall, etc.........these are players that Hibs will simply have to coach and give a chance to........this is where we are.

Part of Hibs problem, as Stubbs alluded to midweek and today is this 'feeling sorry for ourself' mentality - I'm glad he has picked up on it, not so confident players like Craig and Heffernan are the type of experienced pros I want to 'get rid' of it.......as they clearly don't have it in them, as last season and this is showing.

Hopefully Craig, OTJ, Heffernan and a couple of others are not at Hibs come Tuesday, and we have three or four players in that have a '**** you' mentality when it comes to facing the opposition.

Always had to laugh when ex players said 'feed the Heff, he will score'.......clearly we have been feeding him barbiturates. He's a lazy ******* lucky to be at Hibs.

Agree totally.

The Leith Dutch
31-08-2014, 09:29 AM

:agree: Couldn't agree more.

It highlights a number of the issues at the club - poor depth of squad and reserve players that we look at as comfortably second choice rather than chomping at the bit to prove they're worthy of a place.

Also emphasises how easy we must be to play against:
Mark the one guy that can score out of the game (El Alagui this season, Sparky two seasons ago and, erm, no-one last year) and then watch the crowd get on the team's back leading to players with the backbone of a jellyfish and confidence more fragile than a ******ing meringue disappearing from the game.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2014, 10:27 AM
I wonder when we will hear the "official" extent if his injury

Borderhibbie76
31-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I wonder if they will condense this with signing news 2moro?

BroxburnHibee
31-08-2014, 11:27 AM

An injury prone Heff as well.....

Anyone know if Deeks got a club yet? :devil:

neil7908
31-08-2014, 12:01 PM

Was wondering the same

Keith_M
31-08-2014, 12:35 PM
So we've gone from ONE decent striker to NONE two days before the end of the Transfer Window.

If Hibs are not willing to bite the bullet and go pay Big Bucks for at least one new striker, then we're fe-cked. We'll be lucky now to finish mid-table.

The_Exile
31-08-2014, 12:44 PM
It's the same old story, how many quality options are there this close to the deadline? I fear another journeyman signing like, I really do. I'm hoping, big time, that whatever happens tomorrow, that in 6 weeks time I don't feel as bloody terrified of the rest of the season as I do now.

basehibby
31-08-2014, 01:20 PM
This is an absolute ****ing disaster make no mistake - El Aguilar was shaping up to be the focal point of our attack this season and from initial reports he's as good as gone until this time next year.

The only saving grace is that this has happened before the window slams shut on Monday - Dempster better get on the blower to the bank at 9am Mon morning to extend our overdraft facility.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2014, 01:43 PM
An injury prone Heff as well.....

Anyone know if Deeks got a club yet? :devil:Probably not, he is banned from most of them

The Leith Dutch
31-08-2014, 01:43 PM
The only saving grace is that this has happened before the window slams shut on Monday - Dempster better get on the blower to the bank at 9am Mon morning to extend our overdraft facility.

I admire your optimism.

We've signed decent players this window but we've released 20 players (at least 11 of them senior pros) and 3 loan players and we've signed 4 seniors, 2 loans and a goalkeeping coach.

With Farid looking like he's out for the rest of the season tomorrow needs to be something unbelievable.

An injury at right back or centre back for example and we're bare bones in defence with only the under 20's as backup.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I admire your optimism.

We've signed decent players this window but we've released 20 players (at least 11 of them senior pros) and 3 loan players and we've signed 4 seniors, 2 loans and a goalkeeping coach.

With Farid looking like he's out for the rest of the season tomorrow needs to be something unbelievable.

An injury at right back or centre back for example and we're bare bones in defence with only the under 20's as backup.

Although I'm extremely concerned about where the goals are going to come from now that El Alagui appears to be out long term, we have very little cover at the back.

Left back's about the only position that we have any kind of cover for with Stevenson and Booth.

At centre half we only have Forster, Fontaine and Hanlon and Hanlon seems to have ongoing injury problems. If either Fontaine or Forster get injured then we're talking about playing a youngster which obviously isn't ideal.

Gray's our only real option at right back as well.

I'm also a bit concerned that if anything happens to Oxley, we'll be relying on Perntreou who has never played any first team football before.

It's obviously highly unlikely that we'll lose all of these players to injury but our lack of options in defensive areas is a real issue.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-08-2014, 06:46 PM
On Facebook (I know, I know....)

The injury in not as bad as first feared

Only 3/4 weeks

Fingers crossed its true

:flag:

Pretty Boy
31-08-2014, 06:50 PM
So we've gone from ONE decent striker to NONE two days before the end of the Transfer Window.

If Hibs are not willing to bite the bullet and go pay Big Bucks for at least one new striker, then we're fe-cked. We'll be lucky now to finish mid-table.

Compare that to Hearts.

The lad Keatings is a proven goalscorer at this level and has already bagged a hat trick. When they have a fully fit squad he will be their 3rd choice striker.

We have 3 strikers with 10 goals for Hibs between them.

I hate giving that shower credit but they have assembled a good squad in a short time. Something we have clearly failed to do.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2014, 06:53 PM

Only 3/4 weeks

Fingers crossed its true

that's great news if true :agree:

patch1875
31-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Fingers crossed

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Only 3/4 weeks

Fingers crossed its true

Really, really hope that's true. Had resigned myself to him being out long term. Will now be more gutted if we get bad news tomorrow though

Bostonhibby
31-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Compare that to Hearts.

The lad Keatings is a proven goalscorer at this level and has already bagged a hat trick. When they have a fully fit squad he will be their 3rd choice striker.

We have 3 strikers with 10 goals for Hibs between them.

I hate giving that shower credit but they have assembled a good squad in a short time. Something we have clearly failed to do.

Commentator in todays celtc match said Hartley had just rebuilt for the SPL and brought in several new players, done a great job, it can be done if you start early.

rcarter1
31-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Commentator in todays celtc match said Hartley had just rebuilt for the SPL and brought in several new players, done a great job, it can be done if you start early.

I wonder what is going on with our finances. Dundee won't have more money than us, in spite of SPL income. Unless they are being back by ambitious board willing to put a bit extra, then how is it every year, Hibs come around with a begging bowl pleading abject poverty. :confused:

Ronniekirk
31-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Although I'm extremely concerned about where the goals are going to come from now that El Alagui appears to be out long term, we have very little cover at the back.

Left back's about the only position that we have any kind of cover for with Stevenson and Booth.

At centre half we only have Forster, Fontaine and Hanlon and Hanlon seems to have ongoing injury problems. If either Fontaine or Forster get injured then we're talking about playing a youngster which obviously isn't ideal.

Gray's our only real option at right back as well.

I'm also a bit concerned that if anything happens to Oxley, we'll be relying on Perntreou who has never played any first team football before.

It's obviously highly unlikely that we'll lose all of these players to injury but our lack of options in defensive areas is a real issue.

We have Queen of the South s Artificial Pitch in a few weeks so who knows :rolleyes: But it highlights the risk of going with a small squad

greenlex
31-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I wonder what is going on with our finances. Dundee won't have more money than us, in spite of SPL income. Unless they are being back by ambitious board willing to put a bit extra, then how is it every year, Hibs come around with a begging bowl pleading abject poverty. :confused:
Begging bowl? I've geared it all now.

jacomo
31-08-2014, 08:06 PM
We have Queen of the South s Artificial Pitch in a few weeks so who knows :rolleyes: But it highlights the risk of going with a small squad

:agree: squad is weak no doubt about that. Hardly any cover in several positions.

rcarter1
31-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Begging bowl? I've geared it all now.

Well, for the last few years the boards strategy for getting bums on seats, is to say to us 'we need your money to compete'. Until recently we have had significantly higher crowds and income than the majority of our SPL competitors, and yet we get chronically poor performances.

We have had enough fans and tickets sold to compete in the SPL for years. So when I hear them say 'we need you to buy tickets' I envisage them holding a begging bowl.

AlbertK86
31-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Thought Hibs might have confirmed how serious it was by now

But then I thought if they confirm he is out long term and we fail to sign a decent striker before the deadline there will be meltdown

To me the club just being their same old self.... Keep the fans in the dark

Hate to say it but in true Hibs fashion .... Big Farid will be out for months and we will not bring a suitable replacement in

Stubbs must feel he is banging his head against a brick wall as guaranteed STF and RP ain't going to loosen any purse strings

Our club is sinking lower and lower with these two at the helm

Totally hacked off with the club but for some illogical reason will keep supporting them...

GGTTH

Let's hope the club prove me wrong tomorrow

ALF TUPPER
31-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Only 3/4 weeks

Fingers crossed its true

With all our new backroom team of physios, nutrtionists, flying doctors, surgeons, paramedics, nurses, coaches, assistant coaches, hospital porters and the WRVS all available ........... Farid should be ready for the next game.

Stubby said no-one was in the treatment room . So now they all have something to do.

Sorry, still angry from yesterday !:fuming:

greenlex
31-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Thought Hibs might have confirmed how serious it was by now

But then I thought if they confirm he is out long term and we fail to sign a decent striker before the deadline there will be meltdown

To me the club just being their same old self.... Keep the fans in the dark

Hate to say it but in true Hibs fashion .... Big Farid will be out for months and we will not bring a suitable replacement in

Stubbs must feel he is banging his head against a brick wall as guaranteed STF and RP ain't going to loosen any purse strings

Our club is sinking lower and lower with these two at the helm

Totally hacked off with the club but for some illogical reason will keep supporting them...

GGTTH

Let's hope the club prove me wrong tomorrow Might be well into negotiations to bring in a Striker before Farids injury. Confirming Farid is out long term would just reduce our bargaining position. Not saying this is definitely the case but you just never know.

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 08:58 PM
With all our new backroom team of physios, nutrtionists, flying doctors, surgeons, paramedics, nurses, coaches, assistant coaches, hospital porters and the WRVS all available ........... Farid should be ready for the next game.

Stubby said no-one was in the treatment room . So now they all have something to do.

:faf:

Ronniekirk
31-08-2014, 09:20 PM

When did we get a Flying a Doctor must of missed that :wink: :flying:

Bostonhibby
31-08-2014, 09:28 PM

:faf: Very good.

I really don't have the heart to tell you but all the backroom staff hype is just RP having our leg up again - behind the scenes its only him and a witch doctor casting a few chicken bones about - that's why we couldn't beat Alloa.

Farid is roond Rods candlelit garage just now having a bread poultice gaffer taped onto the wrong leg by Rod himself whilst WD sets fire to a couple of lizards to ensure the gods bring us the cheapest possible players tomorrow..

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 09:33 PM
When did we get a Flying a Doctor must of missed that :wink: :flying:

We aren't building a heli-pad for nothing. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2014, 09:37 PM
We aren't building a heli-pad for nothing. :greengrin

That was a typo apparently - it's in the contract ;)

Tinribs
31-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Well, we have more than the Royal Infirmary if we have the WRVy's :agree:

AlbertK86
31-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Might be well into negotiations to bring in a Striker before Farids injury. Confirming Farid is out long term would just reduce our bargaining position. Not saying this is definitely the case but you just never know.

Hope your version is the correct one mate

3pm
31-08-2014, 10:59 PM
@Kenny_Millar: After missing out on Leigh Griffiths, there's more bad news for Hibs on the Farid El Alagui injury front. Story in tomorrow's @scotsunsport.

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2014, 11:09 PM
@Kenny_Millar: After missing out on Leigh Griffiths, there's more bad news for Hibs on the Farid El Alagui injury front. Story in tomorrow's @scotsunsport.

Just saw that. Doesn't sound good

silverhibee
31-08-2014, 11:31 PM

Forth bridge here i come.

Heisenberg
31-08-2014, 11:52 PM
We could end the window with Heff as our only experienced striker. That should be enough to get those in charge into action. Gutted for Farid. Got a terrible injury at Brentford too.

Callum_62
01-09-2014, 12:07 AM
we're pretty much dead as a club

Hibeesmad
01-09-2014, 12:13 AM

3-4 months apparently

Boyle89
01-09-2014, 12:14 AM
3-4 months apparently

Would take that!! We NEED him this season so anything that sees him playing again in 14/15 is good news IMO.

scoopyboy
01-09-2014, 05:56 AM

drama queen

matty_f
01-09-2014, 06:10 AM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhht.

mcfly
01-09-2014, 06:33 AM

I understand you are hurting and as fans I'd say the club has been in decline for 4-5 yrs.

Consistently bottom 6, hammered in 2 cup finals, poor signings and then relegation.

With farid out we have no goal scorer so the club must in my eyes get someone. If not then people simply won't go.

So wait till 11pm tonight, see what happens cause if there is nothing exciting some others may agree with you not criticise you.

Callum_62
01-09-2014, 07:47 AM
come on guys - it was tongue in cheek

Its only a game lads...I used to think not, then I had a baby....more important things in life than Hibs latest embarrassment

PHEONIXHIBS
01-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Kenny Millar‏@Kenny_Millar 29m (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/506345499549773824) Ruptured Achilles tendon for the luckless Farid El Alagui. Hammer blow for Hibs after Leigh Griffiths loan kb. More in today's @scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport)

Bayern Bru
01-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Best case scenario is that Farid returns in January, according to The Sun.

We need a striker who'll score for fun as we can't rely on Cummings, Heff, Handling and Allan for goals.

And the boy Sinclair is an unknown quantity.

Sudds_1
01-09-2014, 08:14 AM
drama queen

Not dead yet perhaps............but has been slowly dying for several years. I had hoped to see a new spark of life instilled with LD and AS, accompanied by significant investment in new playing staff.

....but the side to flatline continues............................

Sir David Gray
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Kenny Millar‏@Kenny_Millar 29m (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/506345499549773824) Ruptured Achilles tendon for the luckless Farid El Alagui. Hammer blow for Hibs after Leigh Griffiths loan kb. More in today's @scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport)

Superb. :rolleyes:

Gettin' Auld
01-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Superb. :rolleyes:
Aye, just when you think that things can't get any worse............

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Up there with some of the worst injuries you can get. Really unlucky.

I hope Hibs look after him appropriately. Was looking like the only bright spark in an otherwise normal season.

Very quickly becoming the Leeds of Scotland.

GreenCastle
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Massive blow that he is out till January!

One of the only positives this season.

We aren't going to score many goals this season = going to be a real struggle once again to win games.

GRANTON_HIBS
01-09-2014, 05:06 PM
He's also contributed by helping to defend corners and free kicks

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
He has been a real ray of sunshine, and much better than what we had. A real shame, we will miss his goals and as others have said he would help out at the back too.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2014, 05:19 PM
It never rains....

Spike Mandela
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Seemed so innoccuous at the game as well, a simple quick turn and down he wnnt. Artificial surface to blame maybe?:dunno:

Onion
01-09-2014, 05:26 PM
It never rains....

Thank goodness the window is still open and we've still got time to do something about it. Phew :worried:

weecounty hibby
01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Seemed so innoccuous at the game as well, a simple quick turn and down he wnnt. Artificial surface to blame maybe?:dunno:
Quite possibly. The pitch at the recs has had its time and Alloa are trying yo get grants from both SFA and SRU to put new surface down. They haven't got the cash to do it themselves and are trying to rope in the local rugby clubs so they can pass themselves off as multi sport to gain access for cash back from communities grant

CRAZYHIBBY
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Where's the magic sponge when u need it

hibee_girl
01-09-2014, 07:17 PM
“@ElAlagui: I have to sadly announce that i have ruptured my Achilles. All my efforts are now focused on coming back as soon as possible this season!!”

OsloHibs
01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm gutted :boo hoo:for us & him.

weonlywon6-2
01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
come on guys - it was tongue in cheek

Its only a game lads...I used to think not, then I had a baby....more important things in life than Hibs latest embarrassment

You had a baby,ouch was that not sore !!!!

Phil MaGlass
01-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Surely we have insurance for this type of injury and can replace him before the window shuts?

Swedish hibee
01-09-2014, 09:29 PM
So sad he's out for half our season. Gutting actually.

London Hibs FC
01-09-2014, 09:44 PM
“@ElAlagui: I have to sadly announce that i have ruptured my Achilles. All my efforts are now focused on coming back as soon as possible this season!!”

Horrible injury! If it's a complete rupture then, I'm afraid to say, we'll be lucky to see him in competitive action before the beginning of March ....... I wish him all the best with his recovery :agree:

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Horrible injury! If it's a complete rupture then, I'm afraid to say, we'll be lucky to see him in competitive action before the beginning of March ....... I wish him all the best with his recovery :agree:

Indeed. 4-12 months recovery time according to this: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/achilles-tendon-rupture

March is the very earliest.

mcfly
02-09-2014, 06:44 AM

Maybe not fully but crowds are gonna plummet after this kick in the teeth.

You can't blame supporters for not going/giving up

The board appear as though they have.

db03
02-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Hibs, who failed in a bid to re-sign Leigh Griffiths on loan from the Hoops, have also brought in 19-year-old Southampton striker Jake Sinclair on a season-long loan.
His signing came after it was confirmed that Hibs forward Faird El Alagui had ruptured his Achilles tendon, which will keep him out for most, if not all of the season.

Just seen this on sky sports.
I did not realise he would be out for so long which makes this morning even worse :furious:

J-C
02-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Hibs, who failed in a bid to re-sign Leigh Griffiths on loan from the Hoops, have also brought in 19-year-old Southampton striker Jake Sinclair on a season-long loan.
His signing came after it was confirmed that Hibs forward Faird El Alagui had ruptured his Achilles tendon, which will keep him out for most, if not all of the season.

Just seen this on sky sports.
I did not realise he would be out for so long which makes this morning even worse :furious:

Achilles is a really bad injury to get, it's one of those that can be career threatening, just a thought. :confused:

db03
02-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Achilles is a really bad injury to get, it's one of those that can be career threatening, just a thought. :confused:

Excellent :grr:

Keith_M
02-09-2014, 11:13 AM
I'd like to wish Farid all the best on his road to recovery.

London Hibs FC
02-09-2014, 03:02 PM

It very much used to be JC but it's incredible what can be done now. Beckham was back in 'light' training 5 months or so after snapping his with AC Milan, it goes without saying that he had the best Doctors/ Physios in the world around him to allow such a quick recovery.

Farid will get well looked after and will hopefully be operated on this week (he cannot leave it any longer).

However, a major part of his recovery will be what he does himself, at home, from week 2 to week 12 while he's in his 'boot' ....... if he focuses on the movement of his foot to allow the Achilles to re-elasticise quickly then there may be a slight chance that we have him back towards the end of the season.

The likelihood, on the other hand, is that we'll just have to look forward to having him fit again for the start on next season.

Once again, all the best Farid...... keep your chin up Brother :aok:

MWHIBBIES
02-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Unfortunate.

AlbertK86
02-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Gutted for him as he looked the part

It will have a big impact on the team as he was the focal point

Leeann seemingly said at consultation meeting that we would be signing someone to cover this

This was way after Sinclair was announced

Surprise Surprise .... No signing before the window shut...... Same old Hibs

Now we might get some out of contract dude ... But if they were any good or a real goal threat they would have been snapped up by now

All the best to Farid in his recovery.........
. I'm sure it will be quicker than Hibs recovery from our continuing downward slump

Jonnyboy
04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Hopefully good news for the big fella and the club

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hope-surgery-can-halve-farid-el-alagui-s-recovery-time-1-3530872

Hibby Gav
04-09-2014, 03:51 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hope-surgery-can-halve-farid-el-alagui-s-recovery-time-1-3530872

Good luck to the big man...as long as he heals and when he comes back he is fully repaired and fit...

ggtth

LancsHibs
04-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Good luck to him a very nasty injury and just our bad luck

silverhibee
04-09-2014, 06:58 PM
I'd like to wish Farid all the best on his road to recovery.

Me too.

Speedy recovery big chap, you will be missed.

Hibbyradge
04-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Halve?

Who proof reads that guff?

Who writes it?

Signed, Deeply Shocked of Corstorphine.

Jonnyboy
04-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Halve?

Who proof reads that guff?

Who writes it?

Signed, Deeply Shocked of Corstorphine.

Not you, or me obviously :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
05-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Tweet from Farid tonight

@ElAlagui: Surgery done. Good feeling to be at home again. Want to thank @HibsOfficial for allowing me to receive the best treatment for my operation

Kinda dispells the rumours that Hibs were getting players to pay for their own treatment!

jacomo
06-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Tweet from Farid tonight

@ElAlagui: Surgery done. Good feeling to be at home again. Want to thank @HibsOfficial for allowing me to receive the best treatment for my operation

Kinda dispells the rumours that Hibs were getting players to pay for their own treatment!

Clearly he hasn't opened his post yet... :wink: