PDA

View Full Version : Players budget

Deano Mourinho
30-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Whatever the budget was for players this season was should be scrapped we need 4 quality players in before Monday who will drag us kicking and screaming back to SPL.
Time now is for investment not balancing books let's start balancing once team on park is performing football clubs are there for fans not for fat cat business men

Scottie
30-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Whatever the budget was for players this season was should be scrapped we need 4 quality players in before Monday who will drag us kicking and screaming back to SPL.
Time now is for investment not balancing books let's start balancing once team on park is performing football clubs are there for fans not for fat cat business men
What money and we're is it coming from ?

Same every transfer window. It's getting boring now.

Hibs = No money for better players than we have

Deano Mourinho
30-08-2014, 05:14 PM

I'm sure we have a workable account/overdraft balance. Failure to act now will result in larger losses further down line

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2014, 05:17 PM

The owner, if he's not willing to put his own money into the club then he can GTF and let someone else in to have a go at running the club.

We are hardly a stunning success are we under Farmer the invisible man? What is the point in this man owning our club, what the hell is he doing to make it a success?

Islington Hibs
30-08-2014, 05:17 PM
While I have some sympathy with the OP this is crisis management again looking to deal on the last day. The truth is we went into this campaign poorly prepared. The Board did not plan, or expect relegation. For unfortunate reasons, while Leeanne was joining it took too long to sack Butcher, then a delay (again understandable) in getting Stubbs. In the meantime was it 14 players left the club and I have no idea how many we have signed, but perhaps 7 are in. On top of that wages to the previous imposter management team and season ticket sales, understandably down.

We simply cannot continue with this last minute crisis management. The club has an army of backroom people and support staff but very very poor leadership. (I excuse the current CEO and manager from that as it is too soon to make a judgement). We should have identified what we needed weeks ago and had time for the team to gel. Now it is panic stations again, doubtless more cash will be pissed away and the downward spiral continues.

The club is clearly in crisis and the very long suffering support are haemorrhaging. What youngster would want to associate with these losers? We need leadership, not consultations. For the first time Mr Petrie, show some leadership. Resign.

MartinfaePorty
30-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Islington, I couldn't agree more.

Smartie
30-08-2014, 05:25 PM
While I have some sympathy with the OP this is crisis management again looking to deal on the last day. The truth is we went into this campaign poorly prepared. The Board did not plan, or expect relegation. For unfortunate reasons, while Leeanne was joining it took too long to sack Butcher, then a delay (again understandable) in getting Stubbs. In the meantime was it 14 players left the club and I have no idea how many we have signed, but perhaps 7 are in. On top of that wages to the previous imposter management team and season ticket sales, understandably down.

We simply cannot continue with this last minute crisis management. The club has an army of backroom people and support staff but very very poor leadership. (I excuse the current CEO and manager from that as it is too soon to make a judgement). We should have identified what we needed weeks ago and had time for the team to gel. Now it is panic stations again, doubtless more cash will be pissed away and the downward spiral continues.

The club is clearly in crisis and the very long suffering support are haemorrhaging. What youngster would want to associate with these losers? We need leadership, not consultations. For the first time Mr Petrie, show some leadership. Resign.

:agree: Outstanding post.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-08-2014, 05:25 PM
The club should stop pretending that the expectation is to get promoted this season.

Accept we are not good enough, expect to finish mid-league, take the pressure off the players and take a play-off place as a bonus if it happens.

No long-term change for the better will occur, however, unless the whole club is totally restructured, probably bought out. Perhaps we need administration! :rolleyes:

Scottie
30-08-2014, 05:28 PM
The owner, if he's not willing to put his own money into the club then he can GTF and let someone else in to have a go at running the club.

We are hardly a stunning success are we under Farmer the invisible man? What is the point in this man owning our club, what the hell is he doing to make it a success?
So who do you suggest STF sells the club to that will take us forward financially on and off the pitch as there seems to be no suitable buyers out there according to STF or the club ?

Ozyhibby
30-08-2014, 05:53 PM
So who do you suggest STF sells the club to that will take us forward financially on and off the pitch as there seems to be no suitable buyers out there according to STF or the club ?

Maybe time for the fans to get involved?

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2014, 07:07 PM

I wouldn't believe farmer if he told me it was Saturday.

marinello59
30-08-2014, 07:23 PM

There isn't any at the moment. Standing by whilst we sink lower and lower does nobody any good. He either invests more cash in to the current playing side or sells to someone who is willing to do so. Personally I don't care who that is if they have the cash to match their ambition.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2014, 07:27 PM
We have no money and are in the 1st division.

Yet the men who led the club to this position still seem to be untouchable and some still try to defend them. I don't get it.

I can almost imagine Hibs playing in front of about 1200 people in the 3rd division and some folk still calling anyone massively concerned about the state of the club a 'bedwetter' and telling us we are lucky to have Rod.

Pete
30-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Yet the men who led the club to this position still seem to be untouchable and some still try to defend them. I don't get it.

I can almost imagine Hibs playing in front of about 1200 people in the 3rd division and some folk still calling anyone massively concerned about the state of the club a 'bedwetter' and telling us we are lucky to have Rod.

Im seriously starting to think this way.

If I was Rod Petrie I wouldn't have the nerve to show my face. Where is his pride?

Leith Mo
30-08-2014, 07:37 PM

I understand your frustration at the apparent indifference shown by our owner. However to infer he is a liar is not in my opinion and experience accurate. I fully support the need for a change of ownership and I am not a "Farmer Apologist" as many people who defend the man's reputation are often referred to on here. For example I am fully supportive of Paul's campaign (a long standing family and personal friend). There are other issues with STF but "lies?" personally I don't think so.

Aldo
30-08-2014, 07:46 PM
We have no money and are in the 1st division. Yet the men who led the club to this position still seem to be untouchable and some still try to defend them. I don't get it. I can almost imagine Hibs playing in front of about 1200 people in the 3rd division and some folk still calling anyone massively concerned about the state of the club a 'bedwetter' and telling us we are lucky to have Rod.

Yeah but your forgetting we we have great stadium and training facilities to fall back on.

Looks really nice as well.

Leith Mo
30-08-2014, 08:24 PM

I understand your frustration at the apparent indifference shown by our owner. However to infer he is a liar is not in my opinion and experience accurate. I fully support the need for a change of ownership and I am not a "Farmer Apologist" as many people who defend the man's reputation are often referred to on here. For example I am fully supportive of Paul's campaign (a long standing family and personal friend). There are other issues with STF but "lies?" personally I don't think so.

Hibs7
31-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Instead of trying to take over the club why don't these " investor people" take a share in the club and invest the money into the club thereby giving the manager a fund to get us out of this mess. !!

Hibeesforever
31-08-2014, 07:04 AM

Sir Tom Farmer has lost all credibility in his laudable benevolence towards the community of Hibernian Football Club. What a fool to allow great expensive assets to be built but provide no means of investing in a player product that wins football matches. Quite simply, both he and Roderick Petrie should take leave of their ownership posts forthwith. A city the size of Edinburgh has many consortium investors who could russell up the £3 million to purchase the club.
Alternatively, and I would rather not see this but fan ownership would do a job now that is no worse than the embarrassment owners we have at present.
Maybe administration is the way to go ? Spend and if unsuccessful then start again like our rivals.....the Hibernian fans are being played as mugs for putting up with this situation. Embarrassment, not a truer word.

green&left
31-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Instead of trying to take over the club why don't these " investor people" take a share in the club and invest the money into the club thereby giving the manager a fund to get us out of this mess. !!

Because nothing will change until STF and Petrie are removed from the club.

No doubt Dempster will give us the same pish outlining our alleged ambition yadda yadda that we've all heard before but until the 2 at the very top go and half our dead wood team follow suit, we'll be in the exact same position this time next year, or dare I say it, even worse.

lucky
31-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Not long now till the AGM. RP will not be able to hide. He has to be held accountable for the demise of our club.

rcarter1
31-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Sir Tom Farmer has lost all credibility in his laudable benevolence towards the community of Hibernian Football Club. What a fool to allow great expensive assets to be built but provide no means of investing in a player product that wins football matches. Quite simply, both he and Roderick Petrie should take leave of their ownership posts forthwith. A city the size of Edinburgh has many consortium investors who could russell up the £3 million to purchase the club.
Alternatively, and I would rather not see this but fan ownership would do a job now that is no worse than the embarrassment owners we have at present.
Maybe administration is the way to go ? Spend and if unsuccessful then start again like our rivals.....the Hibernian fans are being played as mugs for putting up with this situation. Embarrassment, not a truer word.

Part of me would love for us to rack up some serious debt buying a clutch of unaffordable super stars, give the Jambos an unforgettable doin, before escaping via Administration. However it isn't going to happen, and I believe that Sir Tom is in control of whether we enter administration or not (?).

Casper
31-08-2014, 08:26 AM

Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcfly
31-08-2014, 08:33 AM
The bottom line is hibs board must realise we are in a crisis.

Main striker is now likely out for most of season, we are in free fall in the league and crowds are dropping.

They MUST find money from somewhere or else face the fact that people simply won't go.

We need 2 or 3 signings or we can forget this season

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2014, 04:42 PM
There isn't any at the moment. Standing by whilst we sink lower and lower does nobody any good. He either invests more cash in to the current playing side or sells to someone who is willing to do so. Personally I don't care who that is if they have the cash to match their ambition.

STF bought the club for the community, the bloody community are leaving in droves. I don't believe for one moment he wants to own the club now, but for some strange reason he thinks he's the only one capable of running the club.

Yet while owning and running it, he's running it into the ground, what about the community Tom? I'm from that community, and i don't give a **** about what you did 24 years ago while we are languishing in the 2nd tier of a football backwater?

Your time is up, it was up a long time ago.

Just go.

yankyhibby
31-08-2014, 04:47 PM
STF bought the club for the community, the bloody community are leaving in droves. I don't believe for one moment he wants to own the club now, but for some strange reason he thinks he's the only one capable of running the club.

Yet while owning and running it, he's running it into the ground, what about the community Tom? I'm from that community, and i don't give a **** about what you did 24 years ago while we are languishing in the 2nd tier of a football backwater?

Your time is up, it was up a long time ago.

Just go.

:top marks

Bearders
01-09-2014, 08:51 AM
They MUST find money from somewhere or else face the fact that people simply won't go.

I was hearing through a mate who knows and Agent.........Agents speak re Donovan Deekman - he was looking for £1200 per week...............he's now off our radar.

lord bunberry
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Why have we got no money? Season ticket sales are holding up well, we've just signed a new shirt sponsorship deal as well as other sponsorship deals with Crabbies and Nike, we got 500k + our normal league payment and we cut our wage bill by a huge amount by releasing 14 players and signing only 4. Why are we so skint?

Bobby's Cinema
01-09-2014, 09:01 AM
the club should stop pretending that the expectation is to get promoted this season.

Accept we are not good enough, expect to finish mid-league, take the pressure off the players and take a play-off place as a bonus if it happens.

No long-term change for the better will occur, however, unless the whole club is totally restructured, probably bought out. Perhaps we need administration! :rolleyes:
wow.

Islington Hibs
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Why have we got no money? Season ticket sales are holding up well, we've just signed a new shirt sponsorship deal as well as other sponsorship deals with Crabbies and Nike, we got 500k + our normal league payment and we cut our wage bill by a huge amount by releasing 14 players and signing only 4. Why are we so skint?

agree. I it is not clear why there has been so little activity. Simply don't understand it.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2014, 11:48 AM
agree. I it is not clear why there has been so little activity. Simply don't understand it.

Two names, Rod Petrie and Tom Farmer.

connerg
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Well written, sums it up in three short paragraphs. I fear for Hibs now. We are in freefall while the lunatics continue to run the asylum at ER.

DH1875
01-09-2014, 01:32 PM

Probably because we are budgeting for 2 seasons in this league not 1.

1987kev
01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
How much do people think sparky would cost all in . Transfer fee million?? 1.5 mil in wages over 3 years?? Could we afford it I think so. I think we will lose than that if we don't go up it's well worth the gamble in my eyes.